Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1554 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard battle for Marinka: Turkish mercenaries, mortar duels and a "gift" from the Americans

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

My theory:

All the murder and rape happened well in advance of them being cut off and run out. "The atrocities" were part of the plan from the beginning. The cover up - crematoriums and the vans to haul off everyone to siberia - never took place. They had to do shit like quick dump bodies in the sewer because they were out of time.

... Dark as fuck, granted. I just don't see anything to disprove it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By 53vortec:
Ok someone help me out here. I don't doubt that the Russians committed atrocities in Bucha, but why'd they do it?

Because they are a bunch of undisciplined savages that were hung out to dry by their command and within four days of no resupply and being cut off they went full on lord of the flies.

My theory:

All the murder and rape happened well in advance of them being cut off and run out. "The atrocities" were part of the plan from the beginning. The cover up - crematoriums and the vans to haul off everyone to siberia - never took place. They had to do shit like quick dump bodies in the sewer because they were out of time.

... Dark as fuck, granted. I just don't see anything to disprove it.

I agree.  One of the intercepted phone calls had the Russian soldier saying they were told to “train on their weapons” by shooting civilians.  It’s pretty obvious from some of the surveillance videos released that the Russians were just shooting civilians intentionally and indiscriminately.  Shooting old men with 120mm tank cannon from 30 yards away, shooting old women pushing a bike with 30mm BTR cannons, shredding civilian cars with old people with the same 30mm cannons, executing men with their hands raised and then taking their wives and daughters into the forest to probably rape and murder.   Executing civilians in Irpin and then dragging the bodies into the street and running them over with tanks.  It’s so widespread and systemic that it points to rape and murder being culturally ingrained at all levels of the Russian army.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

I agree, but what would they be sending?  No one seems to think that UK has a land launch capability for the Harpoon.  I don't know what else they have?  Shore launched anti-ship seems to be a hole in the NATO cupboard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kbi:

God I hope they get those anti ship missles qickly and put them to use against those amphibious ships outside odessa

I agree, but what would they be sending?  No one seems to think that UK has a land launch capability for the Harpoon.  I don't know what else they have?  Shore launched anti-ship seems to be a hole in the NATO cupboard.

Saw some speculation it was sea skua missiles. Air launched and potentially able to be carried by bayraktar. Nothing confirmed yet though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Nope, top secret HellHonk thermosonic loitering munitions.

Lethal to 20 meters.

Hearing damage to 200 meters.

Armor penetration ability is classified.

6D6 sanity point loss
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Danes have sent a recon team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP6pEXiX0AslIuG?format=jpg

Nope, top secret HellHonk thermosonic loitering munitions.

Lethal to 20 meters.

Hearing damage to 200 meters.

Armor penetration ability is classified.

6D6 sanity point loss

wait a fn second!

isnt that DK's old squad
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]

The idea of a them sinking the cruiser Moskva (BSF flagship) just warms my heart. Russian Ship Go Fuck Yourself!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Saw some speculation it was sea skua missiles. Air launched and potentially able to be carried by bayraktar. Nothing confirmed yet though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

God I hope they get those anti ship missles qickly and put them to use against those amphibious ships outside odessa

God, I would love to see a Bayraktar hit some of this landing ships with something that can hurt them!  Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TTTSNB:

does not answer my questions at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By realwar:

That was crazy.

That one guy crossing the parking lot took cover on the wrong side of that car. Poor dude had a hard time getting back up... and everyone else was too busy running for their lives to help him.

So sad.

Fuck Russia.

never been in a rocket attack so I have some questions about what I'm seeing here.

dude looks like he just tripped and fell down. how can he be injured? shouldn't it look like he got hit with a giant invisible flyswatter?

lots of glass breaks and falls into the yard, but I don't see anything else damaged or even moving. windows on opposite building aren't affected, no damage to cars, dumpster doesn't move, tree branches don't move. how is that supposed to wiork?

why does the BARROOOOM noise go on for 10 seconds? why do the windows shatter and the webcam gets hit only in the middle of it? because there are multiple explosions and they are hit by one of them?

Shock wave

In physics, a shock wave (also spelled shockwave), or shock, is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Like an ordinary wave, a shock wave carries energy and can propagate through a medium but is characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous, change in pressure, temperature, and density of the medium.

Big giant explosion makes air pressure go up really high and then it spreads out really fast and makes things break and people get hurt and fall down.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By anono:
Everybody here poo pooing Israel is an illiterate moron. Did you guys miss the first sentence "according to RUSSIAN publication...."???

Beyond that, like others have said, Russia has basically given carte blanche, and possibly even helped Israel decimate terrorists in Syria. As soon as Russia starts saying no more cooperation, the risk to reward for Israel on those missions becomes too great, and they face a massive build up of well funded terrorists on their NE borders. Not to mention no countries are "selling" arms to UA. Their giving them to them. No country on Earth lives under the same constant existential threat day in, day out, for the past 70 years as Israel. If they don't want to deplete their stockpile of weapons, can you blame them? Even if they did, you same turds would be saying "how could they just give away weapons paid for by US dollars!"

Regardless, they've voted against Russian in every vote (no abstentions) and the foreign minister is saying the same thing as everyone else in the Western world. Lastly, secret deals are secret, and you can be damn sure there are a lot of them going round with UA. Just because NewsMax or whoever doesn't know about 100% of the aid going in and out doesn't mean a lot. Not all countries want their help to UA to be public.

All the arm chair warriors who have absolutely no risk, regardless of the situation, or strategic decisions made, virtually anywhere in the world, need to stfu a second.
View Quote

Good point. And Russia absolutely and completely controls Syrian airspace with S-400 and S-300 deployed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hking:

This guy and anyone that stood by and let him do it should be fed feet first into a woodchipper. Child rapists and those that enable them deserve death, no questions asked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

I don’t really talk shit like this but…..

If I had seen this person commit this crime I’d have ZERO problem “doing the needful”

I wouldn’t feel bad.

This guy and anyone that stood by and let him do it should be fed feet first into a woodchipper. Child rapists and those that enable them deserve death, no questions asked.

Nah

douse him in gasoline with styrofoam mix and then dump white phosphorus on him and record televise that shit to all those Orcs so they know what will happen
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Honestly red square is beautiful and would be a shame to lose. Let's just buttfuck the Russian army so hard they're incapable of ever doing anything like this again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Featureless:

The May 9th celebration is a BIG deal. Previously I always though it was cool that they remember it so well (a few memory holes notwithstanding)....now I think it would be great to shit in their cornflakes on May 9th....here's hoping UKR has something great planned.

I think we should help make it memorable for them.  How about a B2 flyover, right over Red Square, you know like the Rose Parade.

Honestly red square is beautiful and would be a shame to lose. Let's just buttfuck the Russian army so hard they're incapable of ever doing anything like this again.
When I was there in 1987, it wasn't all that beautiful outside of St. Basil's.  Not one of the wonders of the world.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok someone help me out here. I don't doubt that the Russians committed atrocities in Bucha, but why'd they do it?
View Quote

1) Russian culture. "Welcome to war, have a taste, say thanks or we'll shoot you too."
2) Traditional counter-insurgency. Kill combat-age males so there are fewer to fight.
3) Traditional war. Ruin everything so you can absorb the place easier, or if you leave, so they can't quickly rebuild and take revenge.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Big giant explosion makes air pressure go up really high and then it spreads out really fast and makes things break and people get hurt and fall down.
View All Quotes

That was crazy.

That one guy crossing the parking lot took cover on the wrong side of that car. Poor dude had a hard time getting back up... and everyone else was too busy running for their lives to help him.

So sad.

Fuck Russia.

never been in a rocket attack so I have some questions about what I'm seeing here.

dude looks like he just tripped and fell down. how can he be injured? shouldn't it look like he got hit with a giant invisible flyswatter?

lots of glass breaks and falls into the yard, but I don't see anything else damaged or even moving. windows on opposite building aren't affected, no damage to cars, dumpster doesn't move, tree branches don't move. how is that supposed to wiork?

why does the BARROOOOM noise go on for 10 seconds? why do the windows shatter and the webcam gets hit only in the middle of it? because there are multiple explosions and they are hit by one of them?

Shock wave

In physics, a shock wave (also spelled shockwave), or shock, is a type of propagating disturbance that moves faster than the local speed of sound in the medium. Like an ordinary wave, a shock wave carries energy and can propagate through a medium but is characterized by an abrupt, nearly discontinuous, change in pressure, temperature, and density of the medium.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Should he be hiding under a table in a bomb proof bunker or something? Is that what a leader does?

I think he is displaying an amazing level of courage to his fellow countrymen. He probably is scared, but he knows he has to put on a strong appearance right now.
View Quote

I wasn't criticizing, I think the guy's got massive
balls.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Hard battle for Marinka: Turkish mercenaries, mortar duels and a "gift" from the Americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgbH7ECq1I0
View Quote

Russian reporter chic is Not Guilty. I hope she makes it back home without the usual Russian rape and murder...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Because they are getting their asses kicked by people they consider beneath them (“kholkols” or something. ) They aren’t being fed or medevac’d, their leadership and logistics are shit.they are getting drunk
and taking out their frustrations on civilians because they are no match for the UA military. Not to mention they are primitive pig people and have earned the name “Orcs”
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Read this. Then you may start to understand.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

The way he walks around seemingly without fear of death.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

Guy acts like he's immortal, like a God.

lol wut

They pushed the Russians out of the entire part of the country he's in, he has a shit ton of dudes armed watching his back, and he already survived the part where he was most likely to die.
Seems like normal behavior.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Russian reporter chic is Not Guilty. I hope she makes it back home without the usual Russian rape and murder...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:

Good point. And Russia absolutely and completely controls Syrian airspace with S-400 and S-300 deployed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:
Originally Posted By anono:
Everybody here poo pooing Israel is an illiterate moron. Did you guys miss the first sentence "according to RUSSIAN publication...."???

Beyond that, like others have said, Russia has basically given carte blanche, and possibly even helped Israel decimate terrorists in Syria. As soon as Russia starts saying no more cooperation, the risk to reward for Israel on those missions becomes too great, and they face a massive build up of well funded terrorists on their NE borders. Not to mention no countries are "selling" arms to UA. Their giving them to them. No country on Earth lives under the same constant existential threat day in, day out, for the past 70 years as Israel. If they don't want to deplete their stockpile of weapons, can you blame them? Even if they did, you same turds would be saying "how could they just give away weapons paid for by US dollars!"

Regardless, they've voted against Russian in every vote (no abstentions) and the foreign minister is saying the same thing as everyone else in the Western world. Lastly, secret deals are secret, and you can be damn sure there are a lot of them going round with UA. Just because NewsMax or whoever doesn't know about 100% of the aid going in and out doesn't mean a lot. Not all countries want their help to UA to be public.

All the arm chair warriors who have absolutely no risk, regardless of the situation, or strategic decisions made, virtually anywhere in the world, need to stfu a second.

At some point soon, I really want to see how the S-400 holds up to F35's, 22's, and Growlers.  We've always heard it would be formidable if not dominant, but based on the performance of Russian weaponry so far, I'm not so convinced anymore.  I imagine Israel would have the knowledge on that...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
When I was there in 1987, it wasn't all that beautiful outside of St. Basil's.  Not one of the wonders of the world.
View All Quotes

The May 9th celebration is a BIG deal. Previously I always though it was cool that they remember it so well (a few memory holes notwithstanding)....now I think it would be great to shit in their cornflakes on May 9th....here's hoping UKR has something great planned.

I think we should help make it memorable for them.  How about a B2 flyover, right over Red Square, you know like the Rose Parade.

When I was there in 17, 19, and 21 it was pretty awesome. Cool museums, very interesting architecture, clean (shocking I know) and generally worth the visit.
I suspect it was totally different from when you were there over 30 years ago during the last days of the USSR.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

It gets better

View Quote

Confirms my suspicion that all French politicians are just simply nuts.  The french Canadian politicians I've met are not that far behind.  Including one that boarded the same Air Canada flight to SFO while I was simply reading my book, minding my own business.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#23]

They pushed the Russians out of the entire part of the country he's in, he has a shit ton of dudes armed watching his back, and he already survived the part where he was most likely to die.
View All Quotes

lol wut

He reminds me of the Colonel in "Apocalypse Now" when
the Captain said: "you just knew he was gonna come out
of this war without a scratch."

It's as if he knows his destiny isn't to die in this war so is
not concerned with getting killed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
I can't wait to see this new take on Arf

View Quote
Secession is good, actually.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes

Like most of what Russia controlled post WW2, everything looks like youre in a commercial district.  Oh are those warehouses? No, thats an apartment building.  

There is nowhere more evident of this than in Berlin.  The west side of the city is modern and stylish (well as much as it can be in Germany) while the east side looks like prison blocks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Nah

douse him in gasoline with styrofoam mix and then dump white phosphorus on him and record televise that shit to all those Orcs so they know what will happen
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

I don’t really talk shit like this but…..

If I had seen this person commit this crime I’d have ZERO problem “doing the needful”

I wouldn’t feel bad.

Nah

Too quick.  Power drill, sandblaster, and a blow torch and enough ephedrine to make it last for a longtime.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

Given the makeup of the Russian military, and the apparent use of "crack" troops, mere percentages may not tell the full story either.

If the best units fielded were crushed, and what's coming in next is patched crushed units and flotsam, the Russian conventional military as an apparent peer threat to the top 10 militaries is probably already over.

That's world changing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

"unnamed sources".  US DoD sources state Russia's is operating with 80-85% of what they started with.

20% is decimated. They fucked up.

Well, technically its double decimated.

And I suspect the US estimates are conservative.  It looks like the northern forces lost around half of their troops either KIA or WIA and at least that much equipment.

Consider a Russian tank battalion, at full strength, has ~40 tanks.  Each BTG is formed around a motor rifle or tank battalion with attached artillery and support units.

As of 4 days ago, Ukraine counted 684 Russian tanks lost.  That's 17 BTGs worth of tanks.  Russia had positioned around 100 BTGs for their Ukraine invasion (out of 170 total).  Note: those 100 aren't all tank BTGs - and Russia has lost even greater numbers of light armored vehicles. So probably another 17-25 BTGs worth of equipment losses.  

Which means their equipment losses are closer to 40% of the forces committed to the invasion and 20-25% of their total active forces.

Those are absolutely catastrophic losses for 44 days of fighting.

Given the makeup of the Russian military, and the apparent use of "crack" troops, mere percentages may not tell the full story either.

If the best units fielded were crushed, and what's coming in next is patched crushed units and flotsam, the Russian conventional military as an apparent peer threat to the top 10 militaries is probably already over.

That's world changing.

That's 17 tank battalions worth of tanks. The TOE posted back on page 20 or so has a BTG with a tank company, 10 tanks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Because they have been told the Ukrainians are Nazis,that they have been murdering thousands of Russians for 8 years,that they have attacked Russia,that they have built bio labs to attack Russians,that they have banned the Russian language and engineered a coup against the rightful government…

You know,every single assorted ridiculous assertion that  morons have made on here to justify Russia’s invasion…sadly.

Add to this a complete lack of leadership,a basic lack of humanity,jealousy,opportunity and alcohol and you’re getting rape and murder.
View Quote

All true. I'd add in that much of the Russian mil. are from the lowest fetal alcohol syndrome level population who couldnt/didnt avoid service in the army, got abused and hazed the whole time, treated like shit, then got decimated my UA forces heading into Bucha, realizes that he will not make it home in one piece, then loosed on the civilian population to avenge his pathetic life. It's an ugly cocktail of ignorance, abuse, hate, fear, and total lack of morals.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

lol wut

I hear you, I guess we misunderstood your first post. These days he seems like he's in little danger, but those early days the whole world thought he was not long for this earth.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#30]

I hear you, I guess we misunderstood your first post. These days he seems like he's in little danger, but those early days the whole world thought he was not long for this earth.
View All Quotes

lol wut

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

Like most of what Russia controlled post WW2, everything looks like youre in a commercial district.  Oh are those warehouses? No, thats an apartment building.  

There is nowhere more evident of this than in Berlin.  The west side of the city is modern and stylish (well as much as it can be in Germany) while the east side looks like prison blocks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

It's weird, you'll drive by 50 apartments that are just giant rectangles then you'll see amazing European architecture- museums, old apartments, memorials, etc. It's definitely strange.
Lost of cool stuff to see and do....

Well, there used to be. Not happening now for a very long time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Never say never is really a lesson the past two years have taught us.

I do see us using air assets at some point in some capacity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By mbinky:

Yup.  Like listening to Gen Milley.  

"Kabul can hold out for months".  Falls in 72 hours.

"Kyiv will fall in 72 hours".  Holds out for months.  

We aren't promoting our best.

"No way we're sending troops to fight in Ukraine "

I don't see the point in fucking up a perfectly good proxy war that's going our way. Shipping weapons in along with sheep-dipped guys and war enthusiasts that provide deniability was the proven option during the Cold War, I think we should stick with that.

I don't trust current Western "leadership" not to escalate though, I wouldn't be surprised if the neolib brainworm infection has reached terminal load.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#33]
FYI anyone headed east soon: Warsaw is a checked bag sinkhole that strikes with regularity. I've already covered how they misplaced one of mine, but the team that flew in today had all five of their checked bags get misdirected. Those aren't the only cases I've heard of, at least three other people have had the same issue recently.

If you're headed that way, be sure to put contact info on the outside and inside of each bag, and build in a couple days of flexibility into your schedule in case you have to chill in Warsaw while they bring your bags to you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
I don't see the point in fucking up a perfectly good proxy war that's going our way. Shipping weapons in along with sheep-dipped guys and war enthusiasts that provide deniability was the proven option during the Cold War, I think we should stick with that.

I don't trust current Western "leadership" not to escalate though, I wouldn't be surprised if the neolib brainworm infection has reached terminal load.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By mbinky:

Yup.  Like listening to Gen Milley.  

"Kabul can hold out for months".  Falls in 72 hours.

"Kyiv will fall in 72 hours".  Holds out for months.  

We aren't promoting our best.

"No way we're sending troops to fight in Ukraine "

I agree, it's a damn good proxy war right now, we just need to get Ukraine some of the heavier weapons they need.  I'm surprised we haven't seen a Blackwater type PMC put together with 10,000 experienced troops.  It seems US/UK knew this was coming at least 9 months ago.  That would have been a smart move, unless we really believed back then that Ukraine wouldn't hold out for more than a week...
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Imagine if in May 2003 we had lost a quarter of the Iraq invasion force and were still trying to secure Basra.
View All Quotes

I'm not a military expert or anything.. but losing 1/4 of your military in six weeks is probably frowned upon.

Initial attacking force isn't the same thing as the entire military.  

Imagine if in May 2003 we had lost a quarter of the Iraq invasion force and were still trying to secure Basra.

I didn't say it wasn't significant just that there is still a huge difference in numbers.  The US sent 160,000 troops to Iraq in 2003 while the while military was around 1,480,000.  There would be a big difference between losing 40,000 soldiers vs 370,000.  People keep saying 25% of all Russia's entire military was destroyed/killed which isn't true.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Looks like the Russians are Tee-ing up the ball for the Chinese narrative WRT Taiwan.
View Quote

They also get to see the world tell them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Trans: There was a meeting between the President of Ukraine and the Federal Chancellor of Austria.

??????????? ??????? ?????????? ??????? ? ??????????? ????????? ???????.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

rookie numbers.

Destroy ALL of them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DANGERRUSS:

It’s only missing a miniature giraffe!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DANGERRUSS:
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
This is seems so "white trash ignorant with money" tacky to me.

https://static.themoscowtimes.com/image/article_1360/08/_124077748_13.jpg

The alleged mistress of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Svetlana Krivonogikh, is renting out a luxury four-story apartment in St. Petersburg  complete with its own moat, according to a media investigation published Thursday.

The BBC's Russian service unearthed the listing on the website of German luxury brokerage Engel & Vlkers. The ad priced the "Residence on Kamenny Island"  a 19th-century retreat for imperial royalty  at 700,000 rubles ($8,700) per month, minus 90,000 rubles ($1,130) for utilities.

The listing was taken offline early Friday.
The BBC were able to link Krivonogikh to the apartment through registry papers that listed her as the owner of the 447,400-square-meter residence.
Continues...

For Rent: Investigation Exposes Putin Mistress' Elite St. Petersburg Apartment

It sure has that "Russian 'opulence'" feel to it yeah.

It’s only missing a miniature giraffe!!

They are in Ukraine disguised as geese.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#40]

I didn't say it wasn't significant just that there is still a huge difference in numbers.  The US sent 160,000 troops to Iraq in 2003 while the while military was around 1,480,000.  There would be a big difference between losing 40,000 soldiers vs 370,000.  People keep saying 25% of all Russia's entire military was destroyed/killed which isn't true.  

View All Quotes

I'm not a military expert or anything.. but losing 1/4 of your military in six weeks is probably frowned upon.

Initial attacking force isn't the same thing as the entire military.  

You have to look at a lot of details to make relevant comparisons.  How much combat arms have Russia lost vice supply troops and truck drivers which are more easily trained.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNgan] [#41]

Ops someone forgot to erase the serial number.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Looks like something Trump would do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#44]
China Is Accelerating Its Nuclear Buildup Over Rising Fears of U.S. Conflict

WSJ article and behind pay wall.

For those of you that can’t read it and for the TLDR crew:

China is watching Western leaders tremble against the Russian threat of nuclear strikes and has decided that they need more and better nukes.  They are now making a huge investment in their program.

For you guys in the Putin appeasement camp, this is what weakness and cowardice gets you.

Reagan had it right.  These feckless empty suits in office today are only emboldening the bad actors and making the world a more dangerous place.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

China is watching Western leaders tremble against the Russian threat of nuclear strikes and has decided that they need more and better nukes.  They are now making a huge investment in their program.

For you guys in the Putin appeasement camp, this is what weakness and cowardice gets you.

Reagan had it right.  These feckless empty suits in office today are only emboldening the bad actors and making the world a more dangerous place.

View Quote

China is a MUCH WORSE threat to America than Russia.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#46]
[ Ukraine SITREP ] Day 44 Summary - Ukrainian commando raid south of Kherson? Kramatorsk - Tochka-U

[ Ukraine SITREP ] Day 44 Summary - Ukrainian commando raid south of Kherson? Kramatorsk - Tochka-U
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Russian media in Mariupol finds copy of Mein Kampf in backpack of Ukrainian soldiers...  Anyone remember when they were actually good at propaganda?

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

100% agreed.

Sanctioning China would be equivalent to mutually assured economic destruction, even without a hot war.

I can see China modernizing it’s nuclear capabilities and then pushing right into Tawain and anywhere else it wants to go.

Japan and Taiwan need nukes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Too quick.  Power drill, sandblaster, and a blow torch and enough ephedrine to make it last for a longtime.
View Quote
I vote for Scaphism
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#50]

I agree, it's a damn good proxy war right now, we just need to get Ukraine some of the heavier weapons they need.  I'm surprised we haven't seen a Blackwater type PMC put together with 10,000 experienced troops.  It seems US/UK knew this was coming at least 9 months ago.  That would have been a smart move, unless we really believed back then that Ukraine wouldn't hold out for more than a week...
View Quote
Were I a cynical person, I would say the current events are working out perfectly for the neolib empire: Russia is getting humiliated and weakened, while (memes aside) a large portion of Ukraine civil society is getting absolutely shredded.

My assessment of Ukrainians is they are an incredibly based people, but it's a basedness ultimately rooted in a certain parochial wholesomeness and naivete.  I'm not sure they're prepared for the post-war rebuilding funds that will come with drag queen story hour strings attached, or how the right wing elements currently being overlooked will suddenly become problematical again and the target of purges and state action.

Like it or not, after this they're going to have to prepare to struggle against the worst elements of the West if they want to preserve what they fought for.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1554 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top