Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1679 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doc540:
Are the Ukrainians for the most part operating inside the Russian's decision cycle?

Or has it been a techno/armor slugfest so far?
View Quote
In the beginning yes. I think the Russians disengaged and are rebalancing forces in the east specifically to regain the ability to effectively orient. They were just flailing around like retards outside of Kyiv. We'll see if they can actually fight a fast paced modern war
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Video has also since emerged which appears to show two rescue vessels approaching the burning ship - one to the left side and one to the right - in which a Russian voice can be heard speaking. One man says 'what the f*** are you doing?' before the short clip ends.

Analysts and experts who reviewed the images say they do appear genuine. It is unlikely that Russia will confirm the authenticity of the pictures, amid a near-total information blackout around the sinking which is a huge embarrassment to Vladimir Putin's beleaguered armed forces.  

Moscow did stage what appeared to be a parade of crew members in the port of Sevastopol - in occupied Crimea - on Sunday, during which the captain of the warship and between 150 and 250 members of its crew were shown on camera alongside Black Sea Admiral Nikolai Yevmenov. The Moskva typically carries up to 510 sailors, and there was no word on the whereabouts of the remaining crew or their condition.

But horror accounts of the sinking have started to emerge from conscripts serving on board the ship, with one telling his parents that at least 40 members of the crew were killed with 'many' left missing or maimed with lost limbs after the strike. Hundreds are thought to have died as the vessel went down.

VIDEO

"A man whose son was taken away in such a vile way is not afraid of anything."

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/18/09/56736135-10727703-image-a-31_1650271707897.jpg

Parents of another conscript say they have found out some 200 were wounded - many with horrific burns and other major injuries.

She indicated that the Defence Ministry is stopping the survivors from going home, perhaps to prevent accounts of the calamity for Putin reaching the outside world.

Speaking about the sinking of the Moskva, one mother who spoke to Russian investigative newspaper Novaya Gazeta - which is now operating outside the country having been gagged by Putin - said: 'I first heard from him only on 15 April, two days after the incident.'

'My son said the cruiser was hit from the land, from the Ukrainian side, because the fire on board would not have started without a reason. There are people who were killed, wounded and missing.

'My son called me as soon as they were given phones [after being rescued]. Their documents and phones were on the cruiser. He called me, and he cried over what he had seen. It was horrendous. Clearly not everyone survived.'

She said: 'Most of the wounded have limbs torn off, because of the explosions from both the missiles and the detonated ammunition. My son was crying when he called me on 15 April.

'He said: 'Mamochka (tender for mum), I never thought I'd get into such a mess during supposedly peaceful times. I won't even tell you the details of what I've seen, it was so horrendous.'

The mother said: 'I don't want to share his name because I am scared to damage my son. They signed non-disclosure agreements before boarding the cruiser. Please understand me, I am terrified. I am petrified, and I don't know how I will wait for my son to return.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/18/08/56600985-10727703-image-a-19_1650265608354.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/18/08/56678149-10727703-image-a-27_1650265776833.jpg

'I've no idea how I'll live through this while waiting for my son to return, waiting for him to finish his service. It's awful. And the [state] media, of course, doesn't give any details. Why? Because the Ministry of Defence doesn't want to admit defeat by Ukraine. It doesn't want to admit that such a cruiser sank.'

Separately, a father has vowed to find out the truth about his conscript son Yegor Shkrebets, 20, a ship's cook on the Moskva, now missing presumed dead.

Dmitry, from Yalta in annexed Crimea, said: 'It was reported [by Russian state media] that the entire crew had been evacuated. It is a lie. A blatant and cynical lie. My son is a conscript, and as I was informed by the immediate commanders of the cruiser Moskva, he is not among the dead and wounded and is included in the list of missing.

'A conscript who was not supposed to take part in hostilities is listed as missing….missing on the high seas. After my attempts to clarify the data on the incident, the cruiser commander and his deputy stopped communicating.

'I asked directly: How come you, the officers, are alive, and my son, a conscript soldier, died?'

The father said: 'They tried to tow the cruiser to Sevastopol, but on the way it suddenly sank. Keep thinking for yourselves. I, Dmitry Shkrebets, the father of this conscript Yegor Shkrebets ask everyone who is not afraid and not indifferent.

'Spread this appeal of mine wherever you have the opportunity so that the bastards do not hush up this terrible tragedy. Take care of your children, take care of each other. And I will devote my whole future life to ensuring that the truth wins in this story. A man whose son was taken away in such a vile way is not afraid of anything.

'Thank you for not being indifferent. Soon they will delete this post again, so copy it.'

He implies that his earlier post was deleted by the VK - Russian social media - administration.

Yegor's mother Irina Shkrebets told The Insider and said that she and her husband had been to a hospital in Skalistaya Bay, where they brought the wounded from the cruiser.

According to her, there were about 200 injured sailors. Irina said: 'We looked at every burned [young sailor]. I cannot express how hard it is, but I didn't find mine. There were only 200 there, and there were more than five hundred on the cruiser.

'Where are the others? We turned to Krasnodar, and other [cities], called everyone, but we couldn't find him.'

Her son had been conscripted in August and was involved in the incident when the Moskva took Snake Island early in the war. After the Moskva was sunk, she said: 'We went to the unit. The commander came out, threw up his hands and said: "I won't tell you anything."

'I said: "Where is my son?", and he said: "Well, somewhere in the sea." My husband began to argue: "What does it mean in the sea? Where have you been?" But unit commander refused to answer. These commanders were not on the ship.'

The parents tried to get an answer from the FSB - the Russian Federal Security Service, the main domestic security agency. 'We arrived at the FSB in Sevastopol, where even a man refused to come out - they were standing behind the fence,' she said. 'My husband shouted: "Come out and call the police. Let me punch you in the face."

'He didn't even come out, behind bars he showed his hands criss-cross, to say goodbye, that's all. This is the service of the navy and the FSB of Sevastopol.'

They tried to get the authorities to show them the list of the dead and missing, but were refused. A commander who was on the ship also contacted Irina.

She recalled: 'I said: "Can you at least tell me how my son died?" And he said: "I don't know anything, they were at the supply post. We had missiles all over the cruiser." He could not say and somehow did not say that a missile had actually hit the cruiser.'

Media outlet Agentstvo identified another conscript Mark Tarasov, 24, who was called up after studying at university. His mother Ulyana Tarasova, 47, posted on her social media accounts on April 17: 'My son, Tarasov Mark, went missing on the Cruiser Moskva.'

Her son graduated from St. Petersburg State Transport University and was called up in autumn 2021, she said. She posted pictures from the railway station when she saw him off to military service.

Taras himself posted pictures with the caption: 'See you in a year'.

Agentsvo got in touch with the woman - a friend - who was pictured with Taras on one of the farewell pictures. She confirmed that he had gone to service in the navy.

Earlier, Taras - now presumed dead - had travelled to Portugal, Sweden and Greece.

Naval chief Admiral Nikolay Yevmenov, 60, admitted at the weekend that there had been conscripts on board - despite assurances from the Kremlin that they would not fight in the war.

Continued

Staged crew members

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/18/08/56734363-10727703-image-a-21_1650265623738.jpg
View Quote

"A man whose son was taken away in such a vile way is not afraid of anything."
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Trans: Azov showing a successful counterattack of manpower in Mariupol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ-KIqpJhwA

Trans: The 54th Mechanized Brigade named after Hetman Ivan Mazepi moved to Donetsk region

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uc6sGNTf0A

Destruction of Russian troops by artillery of the AFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doseq2sPbak
View Quote

It's Ivan Mazepa not Mazepi. Look him up. The story could be a reflection of today.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TAP:

Um

We fired three in the last week where I am, where we currently have US troops deployed and being attacked but the US citizenry seems to have forgotten about (Iraq and Syria)...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAP:

The idea that we haven’t bought more stingers since 2003 is mind boggling.  With everything we spend money on regularly, some of the defense industrial base we let atrophy makes no sense.

If we are in a situation where US forces need to employ a Stinger, we fucked up.  We don't fight battles where we don't have 100% air superiority.

Um

We fired three in the last week where I am, where we currently have US troops deployed and being attacked but the US citizenry seems to have forgotten about (Iraq and Syria)...

You aren’t forgotten brother.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
In the beginning yes. I think the Russians disengaged and are rebalancing forces in the east specifically to regain the ability to effectively orient. They were just flailing around like retards outside of Kyiv. We'll see if they can actually fight a fast paced modern war
View Quote

And what would you suggest to remain inside their decision cycle to counter their efforts to rebalance and reorient?

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:09:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#6]

And what would you suggest to remain inside their decision cycle to counter their efforts to rebalance and reorient?

View All Quotes

Ukraine needs to attack NOW before Moscow can get its forces into place and oriented correctly. Russians are actually pretty good historically at large set piece battles - they are weak in fluid situations that require initiative at the junior officer level. Ukraine can't give them time to move into position and gather mass for a planned assault.

In other words - keep them off balance by constantly disrupting their planning and force local units to exercise autonomy.

Luckily, Ukraine is already doing this because they are some seriously sharp dudes. The little news that is leaking out shows spoiling attacks and interdiction fire as the Russians try to get their BTCs into position. Make those LTs and CPTs work for living.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Are the Ukrainians for the most part operating inside the Russian's decision cycle?

Or has it been a techno/armor slugfest so far?
As we have already seen, don't expect too much from Russian conscripts with or without leadership.  Possibly during the Soviet Union, the Russians and satellite countries would have performed better, but things have got worse

Just more meat grinder
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Graphic:

View Quote

What is going on? Russia announced that azov had gone down fighting and they were done.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

What is going on? Russia announced that azov had gone down fighting and they were done.
View All Quotes
Graphic:

Bolded for emphasis.  I don't think there's been a single Russian announcement that had any truth to it, other than announcing their generals were killed.

Azov still has elements able to fight.  Declaring you've conquered a city and rooting out any and all determined defenders are two different things.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Bolded for emphasis.  I don't think there's been a single Russian announcement that had any truth to it, other than announcing their generals were killed.

Azov still has elements able to fight.  Declaring you've conquered a city and rooting out any and all determined defenders are two different things.
View Quote

This. Let's say the orcs do "take control of the city". They're going to be fighting off an insurgency for the next decade.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone seen a recent pic of a "Russian Soldier" that isn't obviously 4F?

I've seen midgets, methuselah, clowns, fat men, geeks... all the carnies you would normally see at a circus freakshow. What I haven't seen is a 20-35 year old dude with a normal expression on his face. It's like they emptied out the mental hospitals and the carnivals. Even on RT and the Russian telegram chans. I'm not talking about propaganda photos from six months ago. Just anything from the last couple weeks.

I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't but maybe 10k of what Putin called "Professional Soldiers" in the whole Russian army, and they are all dead now.

I guess fetal alcohol syndrome is a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Well now.

View Quote

I wonder how many more Oligarchs we'll see taking this way out?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Graphic:

I think Russia stated that they took Mariupol in the first week. Must be just special mil exercises, OPFOR sure is doing good though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By pr24guy:

View Quote

Wow. Never seen an aerial view of hand grenades being literally lobbed onto soldiers before. What a mess.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:

Wild guess, but my presumption at this point is that Russia may claim "those guys in particular were the Nazis we were talking about this whole time and we got them" as a way to claw victory from the jaws of defeat if they plan to leave Ukraine soon.
View Quote

Had a chat with a buddy yesterday about the war last night and he said the exact same thing above. Personally, to attack Ukraine because of Azov is pretty stupid. But then again they’re Russians so…
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Ukraine needs to attack NOW before Moscow can get its forces into place and oriented correctly. Russians are actually pretty good historically at large set piece battles - they are weak in fluid situations that require initiative at the junior officer level. Ukraine can't give them time to move into position and gather mass for a planned assault.

In other words - keep them off balance by constantly disrupting their planning and force local units to exercise autonomy.

Luckily, Ukraine is already doing this because they are some seriously sharp dudes. The little news that is leaking out shows spoiling attacks and interdiction fire as the Russians try to get their BTCs into position. Make those LTs and CPTs work for living.
View All Quotes

Where does this come from?

In the last century, how many of those battles have the Russians fought, what were the circumstances, and what were the costs?

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Rough day for the Russians in the red van.  

Laying down passively together in a big pile while the enemy tosses grenades on you does not seem to be a winning strategy.
View Quote

The Red "Z" Van - guess that is some sort of "New Russian RED army "Urban Cammo" for their ride.  Guess they are just carjacking whatever local rides they can rip off.

Is it just me, or do those grenades appear to be weak - I'd imagine a couple of grenade going off next to a vehicle would seriously F'up the vehicle (and anybody inside or underneath it.

Anyway - Keep Racking Up them Russkis & God Bless Those brave defenders of their country.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Those folks do find themselves in some interesting company that really does give credence to the horseshoe political scale...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/FK3pXRlXwAEc_J1_jpg-2352162.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164452/code_pink_jpg-2353184.JPG

Simultaneously funny and sad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Latest from Jimmy V who is down range.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

I've seen midgets, methuselah, clowns, fat men, geeks... all the carnies you would normally see at a circus freakshow. What I haven't seen is a 20-35 year old dude with a normal expression on his face. It's like they emptied out the mental hospitals and the carnivals. Even on RT and the Russian telegram chans. I'm not talking about propaganda photos from six months ago. Just anything from the last couple weeks.

I'm starting to wonder if there wasn't but maybe 10k of what Putin called "Professional Soldiers" in the whole Russian army, and they are all dead now.

View Quote
They released/forced thousands of prisoners to join the army.

The guy with the swastika on his back, likely a prisoner released
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:53:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#22]
Ivan making a move at night in Luhansk.

Related tweet showing action in the area about 16 hours prior to the above.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Muscovites gonna feel some pain.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Ivan making a move at night in Luhansk.

View Quote

Fuck.

Fucking orcs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Trans: The 54th Mechanized Brigade named after Hetman Ivan Mazepi moved to Donetsk region

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uc6sGNTf0A

Destruction of Russian troops by artillery of the AFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doseq2sPbak
View Quote

LOL The grenade throw @1:18 landed right underneath the van where the two russians were taking cover and one manged to grab it and chuck it towards the group of bodies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

In the last century, how many of those battles have the Russians fought, what were the circumstances, and what were the costs?

View Quote

And in a set piece battle Ukraine infantry with atgms and artillery is gonna absolutely slaughter what forces the Russians can muster.

Based on pre invasion reporting and current reports Russia may well have already lost half the tanks they started with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:

Exactly, Russia Funds Conservative honeypots, BLM, Code Pink, Q-Anon groups, Hispanic Separatists, Anarchists, and more. They target easily manipulated groups who already are angry and want change.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
Code Pink was funded with Soviet money from the beginning - it's just a bunch of commies reliving their hippy glory days.

It's not horseshoe theory, it's Russia-funds-whatever-causes-chaos theory.

Exactly, Russia Funds Conservative honeypots, BLM, Code Pink, Q-Anon groups, Hispanic Separatists, Anarchists, and more. They target easily manipulated groups who already are angry and want change.

I've actually got an older article with some interesting info that sheds some light on this I'll post later when I get home and can get the link.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

The Red "Z" Van - guess that is some sort of "New Russian RED army "Urban Cammo" for their ride.  Guess they are just carjacking whatever local rides they can rip off.

Is it just me, or do those grenades appear to be weak - I'd imagine a couple of grenade going off next to a vehicle would seriously F'up the vehicle (and anybody inside or underneath it.

Anyway - Keep Racking Up them Russkis & God Bless Those brave defenders of their country.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes

Laying down passively together in a big pile while the enemy tosses grenades on you does not seem to be a winning strategy.

BIGGER_HAMMER

Frag grenades don't do a lot visually
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:03:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#29]

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Update Mariupol civilians being brutalized through russian filtration camps. At least 27k people from Mariupol being held by the orcs.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Yep. Mythbusters actually did a great episode on the effects of them. I'd have to look it up to see when it aired.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

I think Russia stated that they took Mariupol in the first week. Must be just special mil exercises, OPFOR sure is doing good though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:
Graphic:

British MOD update w/ Mariupol bear trap insight.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Speaking of Jewish Nazis, this is a photo of Jewish territorial defense fighters celebrating Passover:

http://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3069419856639068&id=100007132512248
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Ukraine War: Putin says sanctions have hurt Western countries

Ukraine War: Putin says sanctions have hurt Western countries
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:14:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#36]
Update Mariupol civilians being brutalized through russian filtration camps. At least 27k people from Mariupol being held by the orcs.

View Quote

It would be a shame if someone got a switchblade to the outskirts of Moscow by the 8th.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:15:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gODZOOKIE] [#37]
Sorry. still…
Good grenade lobs
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Some good action.

??????????? ?????????? ????? ??????????? ??? Destruction of Russian troops by artillery of the AFU
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

It would be a shame if someone got a switchblade to the outskirts of Moscow by the 8th.
View Quote

We joke but this guided ordnance is going to be diverted from time to time over the next few decades. I suspect Ukraine is trying to keep control of it but in particular what Russia captures will be used in false flags and criminal assassinations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#40]

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

eastern bloc grenades suck dick. had one thrown at my vic in Iraq. By all rights, I should have caught frag, did not... me and vic commander smoked the bitch that tossed it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

View Quote

Must be talking about 1945. The Red Army was a brute at that time and after 4 years of fierce fighting, taking hard lessons from the best (Germany) they figured out a few things. But that was against a badly beaten, under supplied Germany so who knows. I think large scale frontal attacks are the only thing they were EVER good at. Not counting savaging civilian populations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Putin will probably show up in a popemobile and stay encased with lexan during the whole fucking sad 3rd world spectacle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:

Those folks do find themselves in some interesting company that really does give credence to the horseshoe political scale...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/FK3pXRlXwAEc_J1_jpg-2352162.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164452/code_pink_jpg-2353184.JPG

Hard to tell who is on whose side sometimes  
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Ukrainian artillery

?????????? ???????! ?????????? ????????? ?????? ????????? ???????
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

I think it was Libya that there were locals running up and down some sort of line trying to shoot down an aircraft, some guy was running back and forth beating his meat like it owed him money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:
A question that has been bothering me for a few weeks: How can one get a boner in a war zone?  It seems to me that only a very fucked up person could get a boner in a war zone.

Yeah, I don't remember what it's like to be 18 again either.

I think it was Libya that there were locals running up and down some sort of line trying to shoot down an aircraft, some guy was running back and forth beating his meat like it owed him money.

Lolwtf
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#46]

I wonder how many more Oligarchs we'll see taking this way out?
View Quote

I would be pleasantly surprised if a single one stands up to FVP.

Realistically I expect more to throw away their chance and take a coward's exit.  So much for having nothing left to lose.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Reenactment of the Moskva sinking

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Happy Birthday BigGrumpyBear, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but I will be saying prayers for you for things to get better for you all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Originally Posted By sq40:

You bring up a good point.

There is a lack of information on the changing lines, offenses, and defense moves that has been driving me batty. I would really like to see more information on how the front is going and who is making progress where.

Unfortunately what happened was all the people who know what they're talking about went off to a thread in the .mil forum and this thread was hijacked by a few narcissists who's primary purpose was feigning moral superiority and talking down to people. The end result of this was no one knowing what's going on and a lot of people shifting over to a fuck the Ukrainians and Russians stance due to all the trolling. The trolls it seems couldn't contain themselves and eventually got too over the top and people are largely ignoring them now. More maps are being posted and hopefully something resembling a normal discussion can start taking place.

Eta there have been a few people posting good info all along but it was almost impossible to find in all the bullshit and they were of course trolled because they weren't posting that Putin committed suicide 3 weeks ago.

The good thread getting sent to the military forum was quite upsetting.  It would have been better placed in Team if the goal was to keep the trolls out.

The site needs a restricted forum that is vetted and only known members are allowed in to discuss such topics whether .mil or not. I think after 23 years on this site I should be able to read such topics as it is more about world affairs than US military topics.

The guy that started the original Osint thread asked for it to be moved to the military forum so it could be a more serious discussion without the shenanigans of GD. When I complained and said if that was the case then it should have been moved to team, he agreed and said he didn't think about team when he asked for it to be moved, but wouldn't ask for it to moved again.

I got some flak from folks thinking I was jumping on him when I wasn't.

this

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif

is what got people upset thinking it was directed at him when it was directed at the site.

My complaint was like yours. I pay to be a member here. There shouldn't be anyplace I can't go.

I don't have to be a registered scuba diver to go to the scuba forum, or a professional photographer to got to the photography forum, why should I have to prove I was in the .mil to go into the .mil forum.

The shit of it is, I was in the military, and am a disabled veteran, but I was discharged 34 years ago and I don't wear it on my sleeve anymore. Hell I'm not even sure I could find my DD214 again.

I'm slowly dying of kidney failure after cancer took my good kidney a few years ago, between that and the excruciating pain I am in from my disability, I simply don't care enough about this to go through the trouble of proving anything to anyone anymore. The state is lucky Mrs BGB renews the tags and my drivers license because I could not care less.

So I'm here enjoying the shenanigans of GD and putting trolls on the ignore list and trying to decide what I'm going to ask Mrs BGB to make for my birthday dinner in tomorrow. Needs to be special I don't have too many left, at least I hope not.

Happy Birthday BigGrumpyBear, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but I will be saying prayers for you for things to get better for you all.

Thank you for the prayers! Don't worry, things will get better, the day God calls me home.

Right now my biggest concerns are whats for my birthday dinner.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Janes Defense updates are kinda meh but found these pics while skimming their senior analyst’s page Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1679 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top