Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1680 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Had a chat with a buddy yesterday about the war last night and he said the exact same thing above. Personally, to attack Ukraine because of Azov is pretty stupid. But then again they're Russians so
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:

Wild guess, but my presumption at this point is that Russia may claim "those guys in particular were the Nazis we were talking about this whole time and we got them" as a way to claw victory from the jaws of defeat if they plan to leave Ukraine soon.

Had a chat with a buddy yesterday about the war last night and he said the exact same thing above. Personally, to attack Ukraine because of Azov is pretty stupid. But then again they're Russians so

I very much doubt it was their initial goal.  I think they wanted Ukraine industry and resources with a reach goal of a friendly-ish puppet state for the next generation and a secure land route to Crimea.

Im just guessing that the consolidation prize Putin would accept to keep his job is "got them Nazis" if the plan is to back out of Ukraine soon-ish.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

It would be a shame if someone got a switchblade to the outskirts of Moscow by the 8th.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Update Mariupol civilians being brutalized through russian filtration camps. At least 27k people from Mariupol being held by the orcs.

It would be a shame if someone got a switchblade to the outskirts of Moscow by the 8th.

Can be 25 miles away with a 600.

Have 4 teams sneak in East, west, north, and south of Moscow and launch a few. Can’t be jammed like a hobby drone and AA can’t detect them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukraine War: Putin says sanctions have hurt Western countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQjcxoGgg4
View Quote
You'd better stop shooting me. The recoil is hurting your hand.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

That ship looks to have a broken back.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodn:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQlLZ0TX0A8nK1P?format=jpg&name=large

That ship looks to have a broken back.  

Put a fork in it……
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

"well samsung phone works better than macbook as ballistic plate"
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Putin is a brutal cunt that needs to die in a fire.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]

I very much doubt it was their initial goal.  I think they wanted Ukraine industry and resources with a reach goal of a friendly-ish puppet state for the next generation and a secure land route to Crimea.

Im just guessing that the consolidation prize Putin would accept to keep his job is "got them Nazis" if the plan is to back out of Ukraine soon-ish.
View All Quotes

Wild guess, but my presumption at this point is that Russia may claim "those guys in particular were the Nazis we were talking about this whole time and we got them" as a way to claw victory from the jaws of defeat if they plan to leave Ukraine soon.

With 80% Russian support and controlling the news outlet, Putin can say/do whatever he wants, the people will follow

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:43:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#8]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Janes Defense updates are kinda meh but found these pics while skimming their senior analyst’s page https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/9F047C85-5C2F-4970-98F4-42D270B38DDD_jpe-2353350.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/802DAE73-A604-4952-8FF4-D85FE4748FD9_jpe-2353351.JPG
View Quote

BF Goodrich tires?

Did I make it before a Russian shill screamed "American collusion"?  

As the Michelin Man has often said, "The right tire changes everything."  Enjoy your made in China crap, orcs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Can be 25 miles away with a 600.

Have 4 teams sneak in East, west, north, and south of Moscow and launch a few. Can’t be jammed like a hobby drone and AA can’t detect them.
View Quote

There’s no such thing as unjammable or undetectable just harder to jam and harder to detect. There would be a question even of ether the assets to stop such a device would be in place.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
With 80% Russian support and controlling the news outlet, Putin can say/do whatever he wants, the people will follow

View Quote

I’m sure they the opinion polling is done by the same people that handle their elections.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Yeah...it's not that simple man. Would you say you support the war if you were threatened with 15 years in jail if you didn't?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

there's no way thsy number is real.

40% would be pushing it
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Rough day for the Russians in the red van.  

Laying down passively together in a big pile while the enemy tosses grenades on you does not seem to be a winning strategy.
View Quote

When the one with shrapnel in their spleen dies the one without shrapnel in their spleen catches the grenade and gets shrapnel in their spleen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Did the Russians use his hair to cover up that rifle stock imprint on his forehead ?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#16]

View Quote

I’ve heard that argument too. Could be. But if so, why destroy entire cities along with infrastructure? I guess that’s plan B since the Ukrainians didn’t greet them with open arms during the initial invasion stage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#20]
There were some pictures posted of St. Genghis Khan/Russo-Christopher Columbus in a Russian Museum. I can't seem to find them by going back through scores of pages.

Can someone post the link to them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

It seems after feeding Seagal that carrot he's more of a Franco ally than a Musolini.
I suspect he knows he will get completly fucked over and left with no defence against his own angry population.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Oh thank goodness. I was afraid this whole mess would be over before Poland can get a little payback.

The Poles are doing him a solid by giving him a pretext to not send his Army south. Lukashenko isn’t completely stupid, he doesn’t want to get involved in Putin’s shitstorm and risk losing it all in a uprising.

We should be opening up multiple fronts to stymie Putin’s attempt to feed the Ukrainian meat-grinder. Japan threatening them over the Kuriles is a step in the right direction.

It seems after feeding Seagal that carrot he's more of a Franco ally than a Musolini.
I suspect he knows he will get completly fucked over and left with no defence against his own angry population.

He is well aware his people aren’t in the least bit interested in invading Ukraine, much less dying for Putin’s neo-Tsarist wank fantasies. If I were in his shoes, anything the Poles could do to give me a credible pretext to stay out of Ukraine would be a godsend.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

When the one with shrapnel in their spleen dies the one without shrapnel in their spleen catches the grenade and gets shrapnel in their spleen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Rough day for the Russians in the red van.  

Laying down passively together in a big pile while the enemy tosses grenades on you does not seem to be a winning strategy.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Chechen CO lol Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By joshdb50:

eastern bloc grenades suck dick. had one thrown at my vic in Iraq. By all rights, I should have caught frag, did not... me and vic commander smoked the bitch that tossed it.
View Quote

Everything else they make sucks, why should their grenades be any different!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Update Mariupol civilians being brutalized through russian filtration camps. At least 27k people from Mariupol being held by the orcs.

This would probably be difficult to say the least and almost certainly suicide, but this doesn't seem to be completely impossible if a 25 miles standoff distance is assumed.  The "outer loop" of Moscow appears to have a radius of about 10 miles.  There is a lot of countryside in the 15 miles outside of that...like nearly 50 square miles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Must be talking about 1945. The Red Army was a brute at that time and after 4 years of fierce fighting, taking hard lessons from the best (Germany) they figured out a few things. But that was against a badly beaten, under supplied Germany so who knows. I think large scale frontal attacks are the only thing they were EVER good at. Not counting savaging civilian populations.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Where does this come from?

In the last century, how many of those battles have the Russians fought, what were the circumstances, and what were the costs?

Must be talking about 1945. The Red Army was a brute at that time and after 4 years of fierce fighting, taking hard lessons from the best (Germany) they figured out a few things. But that was against a badly beaten, under supplied Germany so who knows. I think large scale frontal attacks are the only thing they were EVER good at. Not counting savaging civilian populations.

I'm going to repeat myself a bit, but it's been several hundred pages...

There are at least three REALLY big caveats to Russia's performance in WWII:

1) They were receiving massive amounts of industrial and logistical support from the US. They got thousands of trucks, aircraft, raw materials, etc.

2) They were fighting a smaller enemy, and that enemy was both fighting wars on multiple fronts and subject to strategic bombing from the other side of Europe.

3) Despite points #1 and #2, they still sent millions and millions of men to their deaths, and a large percentage of those men were sourced from other Soviet states.

I wouldn't use WWII as positive supporting evidence for what Russia is theoretically capable of...
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By refidnasb:

Wow. Never seen an aerial view of hand grenades being literally lobbed onto soldiers before. What a mess.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By refidnasb:
Originally Posted By pr24guy:

Trans: Azov showing a successful counterattack of manpower in Mariupol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ-KIqpJhwA

Wow. Never seen an aerial view of hand grenades being literally lobbed onto soldiers before. What a mess.

That is a crazy Video.  Pretty much the entire thing captured by a DJI mini 2 drone most likely.
One team pins them down and smokes half the crew in a big pile while the other team moves around and lobs grenades on the survivors.  Russians look like untrained conscripts, UA soldiers look like well trained professionals.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

LOL The grenade throw @1:18 landed right underneath the van where the two russians were taking cover and one manged to grab it and chuck it towards the group of bodies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Trans: Azov showing a successful counterattack of manpower in Mariupol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ-KIqpJhwA

Trans: The 54th Mechanized Brigade named after Hetman Ivan Mazepi moved to Donetsk region

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uc6sGNTf0A

Destruction of Russian troops by artillery of the AFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doseq2sPbak

LOL The grenade throw @1:18 landed right underneath the van where the two russians were taking cover and one manged to grab it and chuck it towards the group of bodies.

Looks like the score at the end was about Ukraine 10 - Russia 0 with one Russian survivor left to tell the story and bemoan the drone flying over his head.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

View Quote

They should declare him persona non grata and deport him, he doesn’t merit the cred jailing or shooting him would grant.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Makes me wonder how the Russians think they are going to play the long game. Being 55+ days on in their 4 day expected campaign.

Their economy is in shambles and continues to decline by the day. They don't have anywhere near the capital or capacity of even the USSR had in it's dying years. This has sent their brain drain into overdrive and this is only going to accelerate their already occuring demographic crisis right off the cliff.

Even if they do win the war eventually, it'll only be after grinding Ukraine into the ground. They barely have the means to support their own economy, how would the Russians help rebuild Ukraine? A destroyed country is by definition an unstable one. Nevermind the generational hatred the Russians caused towards themselves from the Ukrainian people

That would cause a near permanent insurgency on their borders, that the Russian Armed Forces don't have anywhere near the men or equipment to handle. Any Russian placed puppet government would only have the smallest thread of legitimacy.

Russia has placed themselves into a box they have very few ways to get out of.

I believe this war will end up being one of the worse geopolitical disasters for any country in history.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#33]

View All Quotes

In the last century, how many of those battles have the Russians fought, what were the circumstances, and what were the costs?

Yes. I was specifically thinking of Kursk and the battles for the Caucasus in 1945. Yes, that was the Sovs though.  They were brilliantly planned battles of mass attrition - just huge WWI style meat grinders that wore the Germans down.  This is the warfare that the Russians are best at.  

The Russians appear to be following the 1939 plan for offense though - just pour in metal and men at the point of contact until the enemy breaks and then rush for the rear areas. It's literally Barbarossa in reverse. And that's why they got their asses handed to them - blitzkreig style warfare only works if your enemy cannot see the point of concentration and act early. Drones, ISR, and SAR have completely changed that game for good.

Here's the bottom line. If Ukraine directly slugs it out with Moscow they will lose. The Russkies have the material and mass advantage (for now!). Ukraine is smart enough not to do this though. They have to fight intelligently whereas all the orcs have is brute frontal attacks.  Eventually I believe that Ukraine will have the manpower/mass advantage as well but it will take another 12 months to build it.

The Ukes have been getting deep inside the Russian OODA loop and they hopefully aren't letting up the pressure.  The Russians are fighting stupid and it shows.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#34]
A viral social media campaign leading with the hashtag #buymeafighterjet appears to be an attempt by the Ukrainian air force to get hold of fighter jets to defend its skies form Russian invaders.

Ukraine has been asking for a NATO no-fly zone over its skies, or for fighter jets to protect itself with, since Russia's invasion of the country in February.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy beseeched the West once again last week to provide his country with the heavy weaponry it needs to defeat Russia, with fighter jets a crucial part of that inventory.

But so far, Ukraine's allies have not sent the fighter jets.

A campaign, apparently launched on April 12, is calling on wealthy philanthropists to bypass the political conundrum facing governments, and buy fighter jets themselves for the Ukrainian military.

The campaign consists of social media posts and a website, buymeafighterjet.com, with Ukrainian and English language options.

"Every day we see atrocious war crimes - bombing and shelling of residential buildings, schools, hospitals and kindergartens," says an unidentified man in the accompanying YouTube video, who appears to be wearing Ukrainian air force uniform.

"Whoever you are  a businessman, an IT specialist, an actor or a singer, whichever nationality you are or country you live in - you can help us to stop the terror" he continues, as he walks around the wreckage of fighter jets on the ground.

"The estimated average cost of one plane is $25 million [23 million]. One plane can save thousands of innocent lives. Help us protect our loved ones. Our pilots, who right now are courageously fighting the invader, use the following types of aircraft:Su-22, Su-25, Su-27, Su-24, MiG-29."

The website lists available aircraft and their locations, in countries including European neighbours Poland, Slovakia and Bulgaria, but also as far afield as Chad and Eritrea.

The fighter jet campaign is just the latest in Ukraine's savvy use of the modern digital landscape to raise funds and get ahead in the information war.

In March, it legalised the use of cryptocurrencies, and launched the state-run Crypto Fund of Ukraine, which accepts donations in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.

That has officially raised more than 55 million so far, although the actual figure is likely to be much higher.

The Ukrainian government has already spent at least 30 million of that on bullet-proof vests, night vision goggles, helmets, medicine and food supplies, according to the country's Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation, Alex Bornyakov.

"Now we're considering helping our government buy armoured vehicles, to get people back and forth because there's a high probability of getting hit and we need armoured vehicles," he told Euronews Next in an interview in March.

On the government's official crypto donation site, donors can give coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana and Polkadot, as well as donating NFTs.
View Quote
#buymeafighterjet: Ukraine launches viral fundraiser in aerial defence against Russia
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:41:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#35]

I've heard that argument too. Could be. But if so, why destroy entire cities along with infrastructure? I guess that's plan B since the Ukrainians didn't greet them with open arms during the initial invasion stage.
View All Quotes

I've heard that argument too. Could be. But if so, why destroy entire cities along with infrastructure? I guess that's plan B since the Ukrainians didn't greet them with open arms during the initial invasion stage.

We're way above my pay grade so, grain of salt.

I suspect Putin planned to Thunder Run to Kiev and take the Eastern Oblasts quickly.  No muss no fuss.  Zelensky was supposed to get to the chopper and leave room for a puppet oligarch to step into the roll.  Belarus 2.0.  This plan failed.

That fell apart and I suspect plan B was to aggressively replace Zelensky.  Basically, Ukraine called their bluff requiring destruction of some infrastructure in this attempt.  They need a coward to demonize and not a Martyr to build a resistance around, Zelensky and the Capitol weren't bombed.  This plan also failed.

Now with the replacement of the Ukrainian state off the table I suspect plan 3 became seizure of large areas of Eastern Ukraine and eventual "peace keepers."  We saw extensive deployment involvement of the Rosgaurd (sp)  This meant no longer caring about keeping certain cities or population centers.  This plan failed.

They're left with the south eastern oblasts and Crimea.  I suspect they're attempting to take and hold a land bridge and the separatist regions.  I don't think this looks good for them based on Ukrainian statements regarding "we're not negotiating for territory."   I expect they'll try for another offensive, but Ukraine benefits more from time than Russia.  Entrenching, defensive works, evacuation of civilians- vs an economy that should start to feel the sanctions profoundly in the coming month or two.

If this fails I expect they'll try to hold the separatist oblasts and Crimea.

If that fails they'll try to hold Crimea.

If all that fails- the Phallic victory remaining for Putin is "we got the Nazis, you're welcome" And whatever territory they can keep.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#36]

1) They were receiving massive amounts of industrial and logistical support from the US. They got thousands of trucks, aircraft, raw materials, etc.

2) They were fighting a smaller enemy, and that enemy was both fighting wars on multiple fronts and subject to strategic bombing from the other side of Europe.

3) Despite points #1 and #2, they still sent millions and millions of men to their deaths, and a large percentage of those men were sourced from other Soviet states.

https://external-preview.redd.it/8CazYVBNZQaT7juHsZI7B0VYMoQ_8Add0_tHfkNRsho.gif?format=png8&s=c33622e894f049b7d0e25cf7308ce9ec74a1aad1

I wouldn't use WWII as positive supporting evidence for what Russia is theoretically capable of...
View All Quotes

https://external-preview.redd.it/8CazYVBNZQaT7juHsZI7B0VYMoQ_8Add0_tHfkNRsho.gif?format=png8&s=c33622e894f049b7d0e25cf7308ce9ec74a1aad1

Let's not forget the Lucy spy ring giving the Russians the German battle plans for Kursk. Ruskies had plenty of help and still only won by sacrificing millions through stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yeah...it's not that simple man. Would you say you support the war if you were threatened with 15 years in jail if you didn't?
View Quote

Or get a job, apartment or auto?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

What's sad also is there nothing anyone
but them can do about it.
View Quote

Yes and no.  The Russians COULD choose to do so, but throughout their history they never have, given the chance.
Japan and Germany did so, but that took them being ground to powder by outside forces.
It’s far more likely the second is the only realistic option, but nukes make that problematic and any thug can always fall back on them to avoid change.
Russia (the nation) is in a bad spot.  They’ve allowed a maniac to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Russia cannot be trusted with nuclear weapons.  They’re creating world consensus for a nuclear first strike against themselves, while at the same time creating the conditions for nuclear proliferation to the enemies they least want to see nuclear-armed.  Japan, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, the rest of Central Europe will all need a nuclear deterrent.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Sounds like Putin is about to get a new crop of officers?
View Quote

You mean CONSCRIPTS.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quelle surprise?

Prosecutors in France are examining a report by the European Union's fraud agency accusing far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen and other members of her party of misusing public funds while serving in the European Parliament.

The investigation was revealed by French investigate news site Mediapart on Saturday and comes less than a week before Le Pen, leader of the National Rally party, faces incumbent Emmanuel Macron in a runoff election on Sunday.

OLAF, the EU's anti-fraud office, submitted the 116-page report to the Paris prosecutor's office last month, according to Mediapart. The prosecutor's office said it is "in the course of analyzing it" on Monday, The Associated Press reported.

According to Mediapart, the report found Le Pen had misappropriated 137,000 ($148,000) of public money. In all, it claimed she and other party members including her father and party founder Jean-Marie Le Pen misused 617,000 ($667,000) while she served in the European Parliament from 2004 to 2017.

None of them are accused of profiting directly, but of claiming EU funds for staff and event expenses.

The fraud office is reportedly seeking to recover the funds and potential fraud and embezzlement charges.

OLAF accused party members of "grave violations" and said the "inappropriate behavior" of members of National Rally, formerly known as the National Front, "imperiled the reputation of the Union's institutions," Mediapart reported.

On Monday, Le Pen described the accusations as "dirty tricks" and questioned the timing of the report.

"The dirty tricks of the European Union a few days before the second round," she told reporters. "I am very used to this and the French are absolutely not fooled."

Le Pen's lawyer Rodolphe Bosselut also denied the accusations and suggested the timing was suspicious. He told Newsweek that neither he nor Le Pen had seen the OLAF report.

The accusations come on top of previous charges that Le Pen allegedly misused EU funds to pay parliamentary assistants.

Le Pen's National Rally is seeking to diminish the EU's powers, while Macron is a pro-EU centrist.

Macron is leading Le Pen in opinion polls ahead of Sunday's second round runoff vote and is also favored by bookmakers, although the race has narrowed in recent weeks.

The president also came out on top in the first round of voting on April 10, taking 27.8 percent of the vote followed by Le Pen with 23.1 percent. The pair will take part in a live television debate on Wednesday evening.
View Quote
Le Pen Accused of Misusing EU Funds Ahead of French Election Runoff
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Reenactment of the Moskva sinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-aY9aP7kX8
View Quote

That is not the Moskva
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

That is not the Moskva
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:
Reenactment of the Moskva sinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-aY9aP7kX8

That is not the Moskva

Captain obvious got promoted to Admiral obvious
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

The man never served in Azov LOL, he was with 36th Marines. BTW, in a couple of shitty Russian movies about the Donbass war that I've fast forwarded through, every Ukrainian serviceman had an Azov patch on his uniform.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxJ2e5c9NY
View Quote

Sweet vid, but needs more gunner's monitor video. Also, can't believe that Russian with the red backpack is still alive. He's been in a few of these videos now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

The man never served in Azov LOL, he was with 36th Marines. BTW, in a couple of shitty Russian movies about the Donbass war that I've fast forwarded through, every Ukrainian serviceman had an Azov patch on his uniform.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

The Russian propaganda surrounding Azov is absolutely unhinged. Even Russians against the war often say stuff like:  "but there ARE Nazis there...."
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

View Quote
New reports are that Ukrainians killed him.
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#47]
The phallic victory bit in the last paragraph has me in stitches.

Attachment Attached File

We're way above my pay grade so, grain of salt.

I suspect Putin planned to Thunder Run to Kiev and take the Eastern Oblasts quickly.  No muss no fuss.  Zelensky was supposed to get to the chopper and leave room for a puppet oligarch to step into the roll.  Belarus 2.0.  This plan failed.

That fell apart and I suspect plan B was to aggressively replace Zelensky.  Basically, Ukraine called their bluff requiring destruction of some infrastructure in this attempt.  They need a coward to demonize and not a Martyr to build a resistance around, Zelensky and the Capitol weren't bombed.  This plan also failed.

Now with the replacement of the Ukrainian state off the table I suspect plan 3 became seizure of large areas of Eastern Ukraine and eventual "peace keepers."  We saw extensive deployment involvement of the Rosgaurd (sp)  This meant no longer caring about keeping certain cities or population centers.  This plan failed.

They're left with the south eastern oblasts and Crimea.  I suspect they're attempting to take and hold a land bridge and the separatist regions.  I don't think this looks good for them based on Ukrainian statements regarding "we're not negotiating for territory."   I expect they'll try for another offensive, but Ukraine benefits more from time than Russia.  Entrenching, defensive works, evacuation of civilians- vs an economy that should start to feel the sanctions profoundly in the coming month or two.

If this fails I expect they'll try to hold the separatist oblasts and Crimea.

If that fails they'll try to hold Crimea.

If all that fails- the Phallic victory remaining for Putin is "we got the Nazis, you're welcome" And whatever territory they can keep.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

LOL!!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Capta:

It should be seriously considered whether our precipitous exit from Afghanistan was because we knew this was coming and wanted to be able to focus on a far bigger priority.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I get the joke there. Seriously though I think Europe can handle this with backing from the US. Hell I don't want US leadership having much say anyway given how bad they fucked up the Afghan exit.

It should be seriously considered whether our precipitous exit from Afghanistan was because we knew this was coming and wanted to be able to focus on a far bigger priority.

That wouldn’t surprise me at all, including our dear leader giving away billions of dollars worth of military equipment to our enemies…
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#50]
That’s a good point. The last time the Russians won at war the US was backing them with our entire industrial capability.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1680 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top