Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1691 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I checked it today after having been only in this thread and immediately regretted it.
Yes it's that bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By RogueShot12er:
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Can this thread go back to being news and stuff. That'd be great.

So like page 10?

This is just a Ukraine rah rah thread. Nothing wrong with that just don't expect unbiased information if you are following it.

It is what it is.

90% of Arfcom is either indifferent or pro Russia.   This is really the only thread that is somewhat pro Ukraine.

GD is more pro Russia than my Russian wife. It's pathetic.

Damn. Is it really that bad? I've been mostly avoiding it out of fear I'll lose a lot of respect for members or this community.

I checked it today after having been only in this thread and immediately regretted it.
Yes it's that bad.

What threads is that in ? I guess I am not seeing the massive pro Russia slant that some of you claim exist. There is some that just indifferent or don't want to get involved but that is a bit different then being pro Russia. Maybe I am just not reading the right threads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Russia had major issue supplying their column that drove to 100 miles to Kiev.  I don’t think they have the operational or logistical skill to execute a deep envelopment.  I think the Ukrainians will hit their flanks and roll up both columns if they try that.

I don’t see a path to success for the Russians without using nukes - and that will only result in localized success because I think someone- maybe the US, maybe France, maybe the UK will nuke Russia in response.  No way anyone lets Russia nuke a non-nuclear country and get away with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:
Originally Posted By MinnJarhead:
It seems pretty obvious what Russia is going to try to do.  Tie down UA in Donetsk, while pincer moves happen from the north from Karkov to Dnipro 100miles west of Donetsk.   At the same time attack from the south along the east side of the dneiper river.   This would trap a huge number of UA troops via the encirclement created.   My question is if the Russians have the numbers of troops or the logistics to make this happen?  Based on the last month or so, I say no, but who knows.  Were the Russians really holding back?

Russia had major issue supplying their column that drove to 100 miles to Kiev.  I don’t think they have the operational or logistical skill to execute a deep envelopment.  I think the Ukrainians will hit their flanks and roll up both columns if they try that.

I don’t see a path to success for the Russians without using nukes - and that will only result in localized success because I think someone- maybe the US, maybe France, maybe the UK will nuke Russia in response.  No way anyone lets Russia nuke a non-nuclear country and get away with it.

I think you’re wrong, I’m pro Ukraine in this war. I don’t think anyone in the west will do. U h more than they are already doing if Russia lets loose a small tactical Nuke.

Might give Ukraine some more artillery or old Soviet gear but you aren’t all of a sudden going to see NATO doing anything directly to Russia.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Who are you to decide when Ukraine should bend the knee to Putin?

They aren’t asking us to fight for them.  They just need the tools to keep fighting,

Have some fucking principals.  You support freedom and the  2A but want to throw Ukraine to the wolves?  Fuck that.

Your post disgusts me.
View Quote
See, this is the madness I was talking about. Where in my post did I advocate for Ukraine to surrender?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By realwar:

All the hot white specs are shrapnel. He was turned into swiss cheese.

https://preview.redd.it/86rvenx8acu81.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=eb6489e53e58b32b58fcc726564f446e8498ff6a
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
two frames of a close up shell explosion.

All the hot white specs are shrapnel. He was turned into swiss cheese.

https://preview.redd.it/86rvenx8acu81.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=eb6489e53e58b32b58fcc726564f446e8498ff6a

That's a crazy picture, last thing you see before death.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Me thinks Russia is blowing its load prematurely by starting this now. They just retreated in a lot of areas still licking their chops. No way they've had enough time to properly regroup and resupply. Smells like a desperate attempt before the May 9th deadline. I'm pretty sure Ukraine knew this was coming and has been preparing accordingly.
View Quote
I tend to agree with your assessment, many battalions formed are pieces of battalions that were just moved from the north.  Not much rest during that time

Time will tell
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
See, this is the madness I was talking about. Where in my post did I advocate for Ukraine to surrender?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Who are you to decide when Ukraine should bend the knee to Putin?

They aren’t asking us to fight for them.  They just need the tools to keep fighting,

Have some fucking principals.  You support freedom and the  2A but want to throw Ukraine to the wolves?  Fuck that.

Your post disgusts me.

YOUR ENTIRE FUCKEN POST WAS A DEFEATIST ATTITUDE.

REREAD IT AGAIN....

and again...

how you made this far in your life ....is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Precisely what happened to me, not even posting very often, just watching. It will continue to happen so long as the attacks continue on people whose opinions don't perfectly match the narrative. This thread has made me bitter towards GD. The final straw I think might have been the guy who said he was flying a Ukrainian flag in his backyard and did not own an American flag.
LOL. Wrong.
View Quote

This thread is supposed to be about current events and news from the war. Yes, there are Ukrainian cheerleaders, and justifiably so, since they are a sovereign nation invaded by a nation with objectively evil leadership. And there are tards posting with what can only be described as talking points for the evil Muscovites. It would be nice if BOTH sides kept to discussion of current events. But that would require those bashing the cheerleaders to keep their moralizing and rationalizing in other threads. There are plenty of other threads to mock the Ukrainian cheerleaders. Keep this one for NEWS and discussion ABOUT the news.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:
I for one am looking forward to some asymmetric
Warfare inside Russia proper
View Quote

I believe some as already happened on a small scale, I believe alot more is to come
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By R0N:

His withdrawal will be seen as weakness and will result in a coup
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
One thing that sucks about this war is hiw much its divided us here, and I'm to blame also for that. I've attacked other for being Russian shills etc. Because I whole heartedly believe that the Ukrainians need all the help we can give them.  But I don't want to make the divide wider here between members.  Trolls excluded of course. But I do recognize that others may have a differing opinion than myself but doesn't mean they are not just as American as me. Just my 2 cents carry on
I have been avoiding posting here because I know it will likely turn into a pissing match, and no one wants that. However, I need to say my piece. A great many of you have lost your fucking minds. Listen, I'm a cold war kid - I love seeing Russian tanks go boom just like everybody in here. I want Russia to lose this war. But they're not going to. Why? Because they are all in. They are about to roll over the fucking country, moving city to city, pounding them with MLRS and turning them into rubble one after the other, and the only question now is whether the world is willing to risk nuclear war to stop them. We are damned if we do, and the Ukes are damned if we don't. Hell they may pop tac nukes just out of spite, and if it seems like they are losing you can be effin SURE they will crack open that canned sunshine. UKRAINE. CANNOT. WIN. THIS.
So. What then. World War 3? Sorry, but my answer is YES. Unless some kind of miracle happens and Putin is deposed, the options remain either Ukraine is subject to a crushing defeat or Poland/NATO intervenes and we are in WW3. OK, there is another possible scenario, we pour weapons into Ukraine and draw Russia into a terrible quagmire, and they somehow brainlessly spend the next 3 or 4 years wasting the entirety of their armed forces beating their heads against a javelin anvil, Ukraine is turned into a wasteland that would make wartorn Syria look inviting, and nearly every man, woman, and child still in the country dies in a twenty-first century reprise of the Holodomor. So WW3 it is. I'm predicting it. I give it two more months, and it will go nuclear within weeks of Nato stepping in. Maybe days.

Prepare yourselves.

None of this is correct. Russia has shown they do not have the men or materiel to win in Ukraine. The fact is, with the west supplying Ukraine and the Russians unable to manufacture anything to replace what is being consumed, Russia will lose this war within months if not weeks. Further, unlike Ukraine, Russia's economy is imploding and the west is well on their way to being free of Russian blackmail on energy. Not only has Putin screwed the pooch militarily, but economically in a way that won't be fixable.

Your assumption that if Russia is pushed back to its own borders, including being flushed out of Crimea, will cause them to use nukes is incorrect, that's just not going to happen. The use of nuclear weapons will automatically cause NATO to respond and completely wipe what's left of his conventional forces off the face of the planet. There won't be a WW3, there will be a complete defeat of Putin and his dictatorship. The Russian military may be corrupt as hell, but they're not suicidal.

Putin’s move into Ukrainian was the equivalent of him burning his ships on the shore, he knows he either wins or dies.  The Crimea probably is that red line in which he does direct the usage of strategic weapons.  The big question is whether after he issues the order whether it is carried out or if he is deposed.

Since Putin has dictatorial control over the media and most of the people in Russia, he could claim that he conducted a withdrawal because Ukraine has been de-nazified and stronk Russia taught the uppity Ukrainians a lesson. The ending of the war isn't in Putin's hands at this point. He'll have to take what is given to him.

He doesn't have any good choices in the matter. Withdraw or have your conventional forces reduced to scrap metal. Try to use nukes and your .mil shoots you. His ego has totally screwed Russia militarily and economically. The sooner Russia gets its ass completely handed to it, the sooner the world will be a better place.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#10]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

What threads is that in ? I guess I am not seeing the massive pro Russia slant that some of you claim exist. There is some that just indifferent or don't want to get involved but that is a bit different then being pro Russia. Maybe I am just not reading the right threads.
View All Quotes

So like page 10?

This is just a Ukraine rah rah thread. Nothing wrong with that just don't expect unbiased information if you are following it.

It is what it is.

90% of Arfcom is either indifferent or pro Russia.   This is really the only thread that is somewhat pro Ukraine.

Damn. Is it really that bad? I've been mostly avoiding it out of fear I'll lose a lot of respect for members or this community.

Yes it's that bad.

There's literally posters with Z avatars dude. Arguing that the US needs to stay out of it because we have to stop Mexicans from raping Americans and can't help Ukraine at the same time.

On this one, if you argue we shouldn't help at all then you're on Russia's side, because they'll win without our help.

Sorry off topic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Or it could get bogged down and mauled by grad strikes. The real war is beginning. Hopefully the Russians fucked off enough of their army in the clown shoes opener that they don’t have the strength left to get it done.
View Quote

Fuck I’d call Kyiv real war.

I’d call clearing hostomel airport real war. Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]

He doesn't have any good choices in the matter. Withdraw or have your conventional forces reduced to scrap metal. Try to use nukes and your .mil shoots you. His ego has totally screwed Russia militarily and economically. The sooner Russia gets its ass completely handed to it, the sooner the world will be a better place.
View All Quotes
One thing that sucks about this war is hiw much its divided us here, and I'm to blame also for that. I've attacked other for being Russian shills etc. Because I whole heartedly believe that the Ukrainians need all the help we can give them.  But I don't want to make the divide wider here between members.  Trolls excluded of course. But I do recognize that others may have a differing opinion than myself but doesn't mean they are not just as American as me. Just my 2 cents carry on
I have been avoiding posting here because I know it will likely turn into a pissing match, and no one wants that. However, I need to say my piece. A great many of you have lost your fucking minds. Listen, I'm a cold war kid - I love seeing Russian tanks go boom just like everybody in here. I want Russia to lose this war. But they're not going to. Why? Because they are all in. They are about to roll over the fucking country, moving city to city, pounding them with MLRS and turning them into rubble one after the other, and the only question now is whether the world is willing to risk nuclear war to stop them. We are damned if we do, and the Ukes are damned if we don't. Hell they may pop tac nukes just out of spite, and if it seems like they are losing you can be effin SURE they will crack open that canned sunshine. UKRAINE. CANNOT. WIN. THIS.
So. What then. World War 3? Sorry, but my answer is YES. Unless some kind of miracle happens and Putin is deposed, the options remain either Ukraine is subject to a crushing defeat or Poland/NATO intervenes and we are in WW3. OK, there is another possible scenario, we pour weapons into Ukraine and draw Russia into a terrible quagmire, and they somehow brainlessly spend the next 3 or 4 years wasting the entirety of their armed forces beating their heads against a javelin anvil, Ukraine is turned into a wasteland that would make wartorn Syria look inviting, and nearly every man, woman, and child still in the country dies in a twenty-first century reprise of the Holodomor. So WW3 it is. I'm predicting it. I give it two more months, and it will go nuclear within weeks of Nato stepping in. Maybe days.

Prepare yourselves.

None of this is correct. Russia has shown they do not have the men or materiel to win in Ukraine. The fact is, with the west supplying Ukraine and the Russians unable to manufacture anything to replace what is being consumed, Russia will lose this war within months if not weeks. Further, unlike Ukraine, Russia's economy is imploding and the west is well on their way to being free of Russian blackmail on energy. Not only has Putin screwed the pooch militarily, but economically in a way that won't be fixable.

Your assumption that if Russia is pushed back to its own borders, including being flushed out of Crimea, will cause them to use nukes is incorrect, that's just not going to happen. The use of nuclear weapons will automatically cause NATO to respond and completely wipe what's left of his conventional forces off the face of the planet. There won't be a WW3, there will be a complete defeat of Putin and his dictatorship. The Russian military may be corrupt as hell, but they're not suicidal.

Putin’s move into Ukrainian was the equivalent of him burning his ships on the shore, he knows he either wins or dies.  The Crimea probably is that red line in which he does direct the usage of strategic weapons.  The big question is whether after he issues the order whether it is carried out or if he is deposed.

Since Putin has dictatorial control over the media and most of the people in Russia, he could claim that he conducted a withdrawal because Ukraine has been de-nazified and stronk Russia taught the uppity Ukrainians a lesson. The ending of the war isn't in Putin's hands at this point. He'll have to take what is given to him.

I am not as optimistic about him being deposed
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#13]

I believe some as already happened on a small scale, I believe alot more is to come
View All Quotes

It would be awesome to see them make something in red square burn.  But alas... I think that is just a wet dream.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I’m getting real impatient about that.

I’m betting western leaders have warned Zelensky if he goes deep into Russia they will “rethink” all the arms.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Yep. From what I have seen the russian people will continue to go along to get along regardless of how bad it gets. And really, I have seen plenty of older russians who are proud of sacrifices they made in the past for the good of "russia strong". There won't be a public uprising in russia with putin in control of the media and the rifles. If he gets chased all the way back to the russian borders, then declares a victory, he can do that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:

Yes they can and most likely will lose 100k before this is over. Vlad will lose 10x that before he even thinks about negotiating. Russia has never valued human life.
View Quote

Modern war isn’t about throwing human waves.

Without transportation and food it won’t matter how many he throws at ukraines lines.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Or it could get bogged down and mauled by grad strikes. The real war is beginning. Hopefully the Russians fucked off enough of their army in the clown shoes opener that they don’t have the strength left to get it done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

That spearhead towards Kupyansk would be shattering to RUs efforts near Izyum.

The one thing Grads are good at is leveling fixed positions, buildings, and city blocks. If it’s a moving offensive that doesn’t get bogged down first the grads and Russians aren’t the quickest or most nimble.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Your take is well understood, and the majority of Arfcom shares it.

My take was the same as yours initially as well.  I heard nothing but comments from analysts and experts about how quickly Ukraine would fall, and how it was powerless to do so.   Those same people also said that the Russian buildup was a bluff to keep Ukraine out of Nato.  

But then Ukraine stood up. I took the opportunity to learn more about the country and its people.  I found out that Ukraine is kind of like the “Texas of Europe”.  They were rapidly pushing back against corruption in recent years, pushing to westernize. Looking to be free.

And here comes Russia, and the brutality and horror they imposed, unprovoked.  They also showed how vulnerable they are.  I grew up in the cold war too.  And I had expected a conflict to come any time.  I also remember how many hundreds of thousands of Americans have died at the hands of the Russians and their proxies and the cold war itself.  It brought it all back.  Russia is still Russia, out greatest foe.  They could have changed and embraced a better way of life, but they really didn’t.  And now we are facing them down again, where we are the strongest we have been militarily, after 20 years of war fighting, and they are the weakest they have ever been.

As a cold war kid, I see we have unfinished business, and we should take them off the table while we can. And in the process, we should rid Ukraine of them as well.  It’s well past time to put that Bear down.
View All Quotes

Prepare yourselves.

My take was the same as yours initially as well.  I heard nothing but comments from analysts and experts about how quickly Ukraine would fall, and how it was powerless to do so.   Those same people also said that the Russian buildup was a bluff to keep Ukraine out of Nato.  

But then Ukraine stood up. I took the opportunity to learn more about the country and its people.  I found out that Ukraine is kind of like the “Texas of Europe”.  They were rapidly pushing back against corruption in recent years, pushing to westernize. Looking to be free.

And here comes Russia, and the brutality and horror they imposed, unprovoked.  They also showed how vulnerable they are.  I grew up in the cold war too.  And I had expected a conflict to come any time.  I also remember how many hundreds of thousands of Americans have died at the hands of the Russians and their proxies and the cold war itself.  It brought it all back.  Russia is still Russia, out greatest foe.  They could have changed and embraced a better way of life, but they really didn’t.  And now we are facing them down again, where we are the strongest we have been militarily, after 20 years of war fighting, and they are the weakest they have ever been.

As a cold war kid, I see we have unfinished business, and we should take them off the table while we can. And in the process, we should rid Ukraine of them as well.  It’s well past time to put that Bear down.

I get that, I was never pro Russia at all but in the beginning I didn't really understand some of the history with Ukraine and the dynamics of the Maidan revolt and their attempts to break free from Russian influence. I think I have a much better handle on it now after reading and watching stuff for a month. I want Russia to lose, but at the same time am concerned about the possibility of WW3 because I don't trust my government to be prepared to win it. I kinda feel the best option right now is just to let Ukraine fight and supply them with what they need.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Prepare yourselves.

I'm not all that optimistic in that I think unless he does something that represents annihilation, he'll stay in power because the corruption in the country is too great.

Back on topic, will all the stuff that we supposedly airlifted today get into Ukraine and to the east in time for them to make use of it to thwart the rooskie offensive? Sure seems like it could come in handy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]

There's literally posters with Z avatars dude. Arguing that the US needs to stay out of it because we have to stop Mexicans from raping Americans and can't help Ukraine at the same time.

On this one, if you argue we shouldn't help at all then you're on Russia's side, because they'll win without our help.

Sorry off topic.
View All Quotes

So like page 10?

It is what it is.

Yes it's that bad.

Sorry off topic.

Maybe I am just in the wrong threads. I haven't noticed any Z avatars. That is just stupid.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]

That's actually pretty cool. Good for him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

That's actually pretty cool. Good for him.

I guess money where your mouth is if true.

But that Twitter account is a brain dead leftist of the tallest order,
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By kncook:

I think you’re wrong, I’m pro Ukraine in this war. I don’t think anyone in the west will do. U h more than they are already doing if Russia lets loose a small tactical Nuke.

Might give Ukraine some more artillery or old Soviet gear but you aren’t all of a sudden going to see NATO doing anything directly to Russia.
View Quote

Though Russia deserves a nuke in Moscow if they use a nuke, there are other military options that could prove just as devastating. It would just require more risk and effort. What won't happen is more sanctions. Blood has to be paid for blood. A wave of tomahawks could leave a big chunk of the Kremlin in ruins. A bomber raid is too risky. Attacking the oil and gas refineries and pipelines could also send Russia into a tailspin. The problem is it will send oil prices sky-high. Cutting his supply lines and the bridge to Crimea are also great options. No logistics, no victory.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

It would be awesome to see them make something in red square burn.  But alas... I think that is just a wet dream.  
View All Quotes

Did you think they would sink their flagship?  I’m optimistic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#24]
One way for sure to benefit Russia is to surrender. Putin will for sure be back for more.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Maybe I am just in the wrong threads. I haven't noticed any Z avatars. That is just stupid.
View All Quotes

So like page 10?

It is what it is.

Yes it's that bad.

Sorry off topic.

@wyomingnick

I dont remember who had it and it’s been a few weeks since I saw his post but someone did. Not sure if he’s changed it or was banned or what but it was/is real.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Today's assessment  direct link https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-april-18

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQqgUb-VUAUG9Y4?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

They pulled a Kursk: Start the battle before the enemy can start it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Analysis; if this new Russian Donbas offensive fails, it will effectively end Russian ability to wage conventional war in Ukraine. 76 Battalions are involved in the effort.

Ukraine: Russia begins new eastern offensive | DW News
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:47:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#28]

@wyomingnick

I dont remember who had it and it’s been a few weeks since I saw his post but someone did. Not sure if he’s changed it or was banned or what but it was/is real.
View Quote

Username is Karankawa  he’s in the Russians seize Mariopul thread. Has a Z in his avatar and Orcland as his hometown.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
I've been seeing people say "Ukraine cannot win" since the invasion began to be discussed.

From what I can see from here, Russian equipment is shit. That shit is poorly maintained. When it does break, they don't have spares. The guys they have pulling triggers would be hard pressed to complete elementary tasks, and they are running low on those cretins...

I guess my question is this: How the fuck does Russia win? Think they will go nuclear? WTF does that get them? Smoke clears and they still have the same issues and their zoo is now radioactive...

I don't think Russia has a way of defining victory. There is no victorious outcome. They are just too fucking stupid to see it.
View Quote

What Russia tried in phase 1 is not the same as what they're doing now. I don't fault what they tried, the decapitation quick-strike was the best possible outcome if it could be achieved.

The return to mass armies and massive artillery and grinding advances is more basic and foundational to Russian doctrine. We'll see if it works. Grinding it out means losing a tank squad here & there doesn't matter like it did with the quick strike approach. We'll see how Ukraine does with this phase. They did great in the first phase. I don't think we know enough to say Ukraine can't win or Russia can't win. We've only seen the first two innings.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Fuck I’d call Kyiv real war.

I’d call clearing hostomel airport real war. Ridiculous.
View Quote

Your theatrics are embarrassing. If I'm "upsetting" you hit the ignore button.

What you saw was Russians strung out on roadways out supply getting shot up in large numbers due to incompetence in their leadership. Like I stated a shit tier conscript army trying to do go fast shit. That's over with and now they're back to doing shit tier conscript stuff. Creeping forward under their rocket artillery and what's left of their SAM umbrella raping and burning as they go. We'll see if this new offense actually has some ass behind it or if it's just more Russian bluster. The Ukrainian command has been brilliant but without the Russians sticking there necks out the exchange rate is going to go down unless they can slice off a chunk and eliminate it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Prepare yourselves.

Well stated. I agree.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Please escort Comrade NBCMarine to the local party headquarters. Thank you for your service in this thread, You're excused.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/secondary/what-happened-to-boris-from-chernobyl-1905587.jpg?r=1561585559098
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Please escort Comrade NBCMarine to the local party headquarters. Thank you for your service in this thread, You're excused.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/secondary/what-happened-to-boris-from-chernobyl-1905587.jpg?r=1561585559098
View Quote

Thanks, Chief.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

What Russia tried in phase 1 is not the same as what they're doing now. I don't fault what they tried, the decapitation quick-strike was the best possible outcome if it could be achieved.

The return to mass armies and massive artillery and grinding advances is more basic and foundational to Russian doctrine. We'll see if it works. Grinding it out means losing a tank squad here & there doesn't matter like it did with the quick strike approach. We'll see how Ukraine does with this phase. They did great in the first phase. I don't think we know enough to say Ukraine can't win or Russia can't win. We've only seen the first two innings.
View Quote

The quick strike lasted a month.

You mean the show and awe decapitation attempt that failed.

Then it became a basic failed offensive.

They haven’t had any success since the opening days.

I guess we will see how effective they are with their demoralized under manned B team.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Those guys lying by the wall must have already been shot up. I can't imagine just lying there while getting grenaded.
View Quote

Looks to me like they got out of the red truck and either were taking a knee against that wall or were standing up against it waiting to be told what to do.

The four Ukrainians at :30  shot down the sidewalk, shot them up, and set  the white car on fire as well.

Then they flanked them and tossed grenades.  Nice tactics flanking through the back yard...but they were mostly shot up by :38.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

With Russia having everything locked down, news of such incidents won't come out for awhile
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]

The one thing Grads are good at is leveling fixed positions, buildings, and city blocks. If it’s a moving offensive that doesn’t get bogged down first the grads and Russians aren’t the quickest or most nimble.
View Quote

Very well put. The Russians are going to try and fix Ukrainian units and maul them. The Ukrainians are going to try and use there superior mobility and command and control to isolate and destroy Russian units without becoming a stationary target. Western Intel is a huge factor on the Ukrainian side probably equal to the weapons being supplied.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Corrupt Zombie Nazi's?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

Wanting YouTubers to get murdered because they don’t agree with you, excusing actual nazis because they do agree with you, advocating genocide, wanting to fight to the last Ukrainian even if it means irreversible damage to their home, and advocating nuclear war is. Of course it’s par for the course in GD bingo.

You think Ukraine should roll over and submit to Russification?

Yes, because they are nazis, and corrupt. You can't get any worse than corrupt nazis.

Corrupt Zombie Nazi's?

from Hell! in fucking Norway

Dead Snow (Trailer Originale)
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yobro512] [#40]

Your theatrics are embarrassing. If I'm "upsetting" you hit the ignore button.

What you saw was Russians strung out on roadways out supply getting shot up in large numbers due to incompetence in their leadership. Like I stated a shit tier conscript army trying to do go fast shit. That's over with and now they're back to doing shit tier conscript stuff. Creeping forward under their rocket artillery and what's left of their SAM umbrella raping and burning as they go. We'll see if this new offense actually has some ass behind it or if it's just more Russian bluster. The Ukrainian command has been brilliant but without the Russians sticking there necks out the exchange rate is going to go down unless they can slice off a chunk and eliminate it.

View Quote

You aren’t upsetting me but it was a serious offensive that was pushed back and defeated.

They saw an encirclement coming and promtly un-assed the area.

To all the experts It was an offensive 3 days from taking Kiev for a month.

I agree a single front lumbering forward with protected supply lines, massing artillery and air support is probably more to their capabilities.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
I've been seeing people say "Ukraine cannot win" since the invasion began to be discussed.

From what I can see from here, Russian equipment is shit. That shit is poorly maintained. When it does break, they don't have spares. The guys they have pulling triggers would be hard pressed to complete elementary tasks, and they are running low on those cretins...

I guess my question is this: How the fuck does Russia win? Think they will go nuclear? WTF does that get them? Smoke clears and they still have the same issues and their zoo is now radioactive...

I don't think Russia has a way of defining victory. There is no victorious outcome. They are just too fucking stupid to see it.

If it’s a dig in stalemate expect to see daily videos of Bayraktar and (hopefully) Reaper strikes on Russian positions for YEARS to come.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes it's that bad.
View All Quotes

So like page 10?

It is what it is.

Yes it's that bad.

Yeah, it’s pretty bad really.  I would like to hope that it’s mostly just indifference, than actually supporting Putin.  But either way, GD has a very, very, very, bad track record of group-think predictions coming true.  Other than Rittenhouse and Lobby Day, I can’t think of any other major news item where the majority had things pegged,  and with Rittenhouse it was dicey.

So, you could almost say, if GD is all moving one direction on something, it is probably not going to go that way in reality.

That’s not to put down our members and how we think or feel on important issues, just that we can get amped up and going in one direction, the wrong direction, frequently, far more often than not.  Even so, it’s a valuable journey and discussion every time, and we all learn something, even when “we are almost always wrong”.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Interesting read

Kharkiv Oblast resident forcibly deported to Russia: 'It's not a country, it's a prison'
https://kyivindependent.com/national/kharkiv-oblast-resident-forcibly-deported-to-russia-its-not-a-country-its-a-prison/
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Any updated KIA, WIA numbers on Ruskies?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#47]
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/russias-big-new-offensive-in-eastern-ukraine-has-begun

Ukrainian authorities say that Russia has launched its much-anticipated new offensive in the country's eastern Donbas region. Heavy Russian artillery barrages, as well as potential airstrikes, have been reported along virtually the entire current front line, from Kharkiv in the northeast to Mykolaiv in the south. A senior U.S. defense official said earlier in the day that Russia's forces would rely on artillery, as well as heavy armor, for this new phase of operations owing to the flatter terrain in this part of Ukraine, which makes it more favorable to traditional mechanized operations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

You aren’t upsetting me but it was a serious offensive that was pushed back and defeated.

They saw an encirclement coming and promtly un-assed the area.

To all the experts It was an offensive 3 days from taking Kiev for a month.

I agree a single front lumbering forward with protected supply lines, massing artillery and air support is probably more to their capabilities.
View Quote

It was a complete shit show out of fuel rolling on rotten Chinese tires. The Ukrainians did an excellent job of taking advantage of it inflicting heavy loses but most importantly not suffering much attrition in their mobile units. I doubt that what's about to go down in the Donbas is going to look like that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Corrupt Zombie Nazi's?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

Wanting YouTubers to get murdered because they don't agree with you, excusing actual nazis because they do agree with you, advocating genocide, wanting to fight to the last Ukrainian even if it means irreversible damage to their home, and advocating nuclear war is. Of course it's par for the course in GD bingo.

You think Ukraine should roll over and submit to Russification?

Yes, because they are nazis, and corrupt. You can't get any worse than corrupt nazis.

Corrupt Zombie Nazi's?
Corrupt Zombie JOO Nazis
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#50]

I’m betting western leaders have warned Zelensky if he goes deep into Russia they will “rethink” all the arms.
View All Quotes

This is a key point. The US couldn't beat North Vietnam, because we weren't allowed to hit inside North Vietnam. This dynamic is a bit different, but limiting Ukraine's options that way is hard. Worse, the West is always waffling on the aid. Won't provide this, delaying that. Sorry, manpads & the small ATGMs aren't going to win this war. If that's all they get, it's just going to be a gradual grinding down that will end with Ukraine in ashes ruled by Moscow.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1691 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top