Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1690 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaNi05] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I don't see the Russians being very very motivated at all.

For every three tanks knocked out, they abandoned two.

High end electronic warfare equipment that would provide great intelligence damage to their country...given up without a fight.

I don't see any reason in the last three weeks that they will go from "most unmotivated invading army since Mussolini" to something different.
View Quote

It would seem that the Afghanis had taken a play out of the RA playbook and their units may not be as fully staffed as were reported. So if you report that your brigade had 100 fully operational tanks, but technically only had the personnel to field 60 (fully manned) tanks (and pocket the salaries of the other 40), you're not going to suddenly become honest when a war breaks out. Oh why did you only field 60 tanks instead of 100? Nah, you're going to slap em on the ass and say good luck boys.
A lot of discussion on Twitter over the weekend about many tank crews only having a driver and commander; no gunner. Explains why almost none are scanning their sectors for targets. If one of the two gets wounded, then the vehicle is completely combat ineffective, and the reduced crew is also less likely to be able to make repairs in the field.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
I have been avoiding posting here because I know it will likely turn into a pissing match, and no one wants that. However, I need to say my piece. A great many of you have lost your fucking minds. Listen, I'm a cold war kid - I love seeing Russian tanks go boom just like everybody in here. I want Russia to lose this war. But they're not going to. Why? Because they are all in. They are about to roll over the fucking country, moving city to city, pounding them with MLRS and turning them into rubble one after the other, and the only question now is whether the world is willing to risk nuclear war to stop them. We are damned if we do, and the Ukes are damned if we don't. Hell they may pop tac nukes just out of spite, and if it seems like they are losing you can be effin SURE they will crack open that canned sunshine. UKRAINE. CANNOT. WIN. THIS.
So. What then. World War 3? Sorry, but my answer is YES. Unless some kind of miracle happens and Putin is deposed, the options remain either Ukraine is subject to a crushing defeat or Poland/NATO intervenes and we are in WW3. OK, there is another possible scenario, we pour weapons into Ukraine and draw Russia into a terrible quagmire, and they somehow brainlessly spend the next 3 or 4 years wasting the entirety of their armed forces beating their heads against a javelin anvil, Ukraine is turned into a wasteland that would make wartorn Syria look inviting, and nearly every man, woman, and child still in the country dies in a twenty-first century reprise of the Holodomor. So WW3 it is. I'm predicting it. I give it two more months, and it will go nuclear within weeks of Nato stepping in. Maybe days.

Prepare yourselves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
One thing that sucks about this war is hiw much its divided us here, and I'm to blame also for that. I've attacked other for being Russian shills etc. Because I whole heartedly believe that the Ukrainians need all the help we can give them.  But I don't want to make the divide wider here between members.  Trolls excluded of course. But I do recognize that others may have a differing opinion than myself but doesn't mean they are not just as American as me. Just my 2 cents carry on
I have been avoiding posting here because I know it will likely turn into a pissing match, and no one wants that. However, I need to say my piece. A great many of you have lost your fucking minds. Listen, I'm a cold war kid - I love seeing Russian tanks go boom just like everybody in here. I want Russia to lose this war. But they're not going to. Why? Because they are all in. They are about to roll over the fucking country, moving city to city, pounding them with MLRS and turning them into rubble one after the other, and the only question now is whether the world is willing to risk nuclear war to stop them. We are damned if we do, and the Ukes are damned if we don't. Hell they may pop tac nukes just out of spite, and if it seems like they are losing you can be effin SURE they will crack open that canned sunshine. UKRAINE. CANNOT. WIN. THIS.
So. What then. World War 3? Sorry, but my answer is YES. Unless some kind of miracle happens and Putin is deposed, the options remain either Ukraine is subject to a crushing defeat or Poland/NATO intervenes and we are in WW3. OK, there is another possible scenario, we pour weapons into Ukraine and draw Russia into a terrible quagmire, and they somehow brainlessly spend the next 3 or 4 years wasting the entirety of their armed forces beating their heads against a javelin anvil, Ukraine is turned into a wasteland that would make wartorn Syria look inviting, and nearly every man, woman, and child still in the country dies in a twenty-first century reprise of the Holodomor. So WW3 it is. I'm predicting it. I give it two more months, and it will go nuclear within weeks of Nato stepping in. Maybe days.

Prepare yourselves.

None of this is correct. Russia has shown they do not have the men or materiel to win in Ukraine. The fact is, with the west supplying Ukraine and the Russians unable to manufacture anything to replace what is being consumed, Russia will lose this war within months if not weeks. Further, unlike Ukraine, Russia's economy is imploding and the west is well on their way to being free of Russian blackmail on energy. Not only has Putin screwed the pooch militarily, but economically in a way that won't be fixable.

Your assumption that if Russia is pushed back to its own borders, including being flushed out of Crimea, will cause them to use nukes is incorrect, that's just not going to happen. The use of nuclear weapons will automatically cause NATO to respond and completely wipe what's left of his conventional forces off the face of the planet. There won't be a WW3, there will be a complete defeat of Putin and his dictatorship. The Russian military may be corrupt as hell, but they're not suicidal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Those guys lying by the wall must have already been shot up. I can't imagine just lying there while getting grenaded.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Solid grenade use.

Those guys lying by the wall must have already been shot up. I can't imagine just lying there while getting grenaded.

Looks like the one dude it hits was already dead. The only one I saw move was the guy to the far left
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The west is gonna have a real chat and wanted us to know about it.

Updated maps!

Moar orcs in-country.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

I want to say its some middle eastern country, maybe Saudi Arabia, on a training exercise? Swear I've seen it before
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4144lxDQXiQ

That's an old video, bruh.

I want to say its some middle eastern country, maybe Saudi Arabia, on a training exercise? Swear I've seen it before

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
That is almost entirely self inflicted by people in this thread. Most people don't give a shit either way and when a bunch of tards try to mouth breath around playing thought police people are going to automatically reject whatever bullshit they're spewing.

It's such a great story too. All war heroes and big titted blonds. The calm cool professionals schooling the godless orcs. Only gd could fuck that up
View All Quotes
That is almost entirely self inflicted by people in this thread. Most people don't give a shit either way and when a bunch of tards try to mouth breath around playing thought police people are going to automatically reject whatever bullshit they're spewing.

It's such a great story too. All war heroes and big titted blonds. The calm cool professionals schooling the godless orcs. Only gd could fuck that up
Precisely what happened to me, not even posting very often, just watching. It will continue to happen so long as the attacks continue on people whose opinions don't perfectly match the narrative. This thread has made me bitter towards GD. The final straw I think might have been the guy who said he was flying a Ukrainian flag in his backyard and did not own an American flag.
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
I smelled boomer in his post.
LOL. Wrong.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Russia didn't stop attacking and undermining us when the cold war allegedly ended, so fuck those guys.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Today's assessment  direct link https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-april-18

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQqgUb-VUAUG9Y4?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

That spearhead towards Kupyansk would be shattering to RUs efforts near Izyum.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TTTSNB:
if you also mean to say that we should shrink away from WW3, I would disagree with that. Russia hasn't changed from the evil bastards they were over the last 100 years and  are proving themselves a blight on the face of the Earth. I think the position early in the war was that UKR wasn't our business too much and we could tolerate atrocities by secluding RUS from the West, but it is becoming apparent they are genocidal expansionists and further such incursions are inevitable. Let the natural conclusion come even if it is WW3, we can't be held hostage with a threat of nuclear war. if it comes it that, it comes to that. they won't win.

is it worth it? that has been the question so far. the answer is increasingly tilting toward Yes.

actually it would be better to get it over with now. they will have more and better nuclear armaments in a few years.
View Quote
FINALLY someone who understands. All I can hope is that we have an ace in the hole in the form of advanced missile defense hidden from the public eye.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I for one am looking forward to some asymmetric
Warfare inside Russia proper
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wingnutx:
Russia didn't stop attacking and undermining us when the cold war allegedly ended, so fuck those guys.

View Quote

Strange the people Russia helped grow seem to be the same ones helping Ukraine destroy them
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The most likely outcome is just that he was killed incidentally.  If they happened to take him prisoner I doubt that the local SBU would take kindly to a Russian influence asset in their country.  Make of that what you will.
I read his stuff back when I fell for the Zerohedge op 8-10 years ago.  Fortunately my own cognitive dissonance helped me shake loose of that BS.  I see him as little different than an outright traitor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

A lot of the “Red pill” pundits came down on Putin’s side on Ukraine….Lira is most well known because he’s actually  there. They’re fucked and don’t know it yet. They’ve given the liberals exactly what they needed to crush their “movement” with their open Man-crush for Putin. Can’t say I’ll care when it happens, either.

Lira is a disgusting ingrate and if they have had him shot he brought it on himself. Though if I were the SBU officer tasked with deciding what to do with him, I’d recommend he just be booted out and never allowed back, he’s not worth the headache…..unless he’s been doing more than just posting nonsense on YouTube.

The most likely outcome is just that he was killed incidentally.  If they happened to take him prisoner I doubt that the local SBU would take kindly to a Russian influence asset in their country.  Make of that what you will.
I read his stuff back when I fell for the Zerohedge op 8-10 years ago.  Fortunately my own cognitive dissonance helped me shake loose of that BS.  I see him as little different than an outright traitor.

Oh, if they stood him against the wall and shot him, I have zero problem with it…I’m just thinking that politically, it might be better to simply mark him persona non grata, boot him out, and for good measure arrange to get him on the no-fly list.

Of course, if the rumors are correct he’s already been dealt with, if his orc hero’s didn’t drop a shell on his head.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

He's an MSNBC twat.  Allegedly joined up with the international legion in Ukraine.

A useless talking head actually putting his ass on the line?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Malcolm Nance
@MalcolmNance
·
Jan 3
WARNING:  62 days before 1/6 I warned on
@RealTimers
that Trump would start a political/paramilitary insurgency to seize American democracy.  It has begun. I detail the Trump Insurgency in my coming book

Not sure what to think about the dude

He's an MSNBC twat.  Allegedly joined up with the international legion in Ukraine.

And when do we think all the brave GunTube personalities like MAC, Lucas Botkin, Ian/Karl et al who avoided GWOT will be over in UKR?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

None of this is correct. Russia has shown they do not have the men or materiel to win in Ukraine. The fact is, with the west supplying Ukraine and the Russians unable to manufacture anything to replace what is being consumed, Russia will lose this war within months if not weeks. Further, unlike Ukraine, Russia's economy is imploding and the west is well on their way to being free of Russian blackmail on energy. Not only has Putin screwed the pooch militarily, but economically in a way that won't be fixable.

Your assumption that if Russia is pushed back to its own borders, including being flushed out of Crimea, will cause them to use nukes is incorrect, that's just not going to happen. The use of nuclear weapons will automatically cause NATO to respond and completely wipe what's left of his conventional forces off the face of the planet. There won't be a WW3, there will be a complete defeat of Putin and his dictatorship. The Russian military may be corrupt as hell, but they're not suicidal.
View All Quotes
One thing that sucks about this war is hiw much its divided us here, and I'm to blame also for that. I've attacked other for being Russian shills etc. Because I whole heartedly believe that the Ukrainians need all the help we can give them.  But I don't want to make the divide wider here between members.  Trolls excluded of course. But I do recognize that others may have a differing opinion than myself but doesn't mean they are not just as American as me. Just my 2 cents carry on

Prepare yourselves.

Putin’s move into Ukrainian was the equivalent of him burning his ships on the shore, he knows he either wins or dies.  The Crimea probably is that red line in which he does direct the usage of strategic weapons.  The big question is whether after he issues the order whether it is carried out or if he is deposed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
LOL. Wait and watch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#16]
Precisely what happened to me, not even posting very often, just watching. It will continue to happen so long as the attacks continue on people whose opinions don't perfectly match the narrative. This thread has made me bitter towards GD. The final straw I think might have been the guy who said he was flying a Ukrainian flag in his backyard and did not own an American flag.
LOL. Wrong.
View Quote

I would love to see your post history regarding COVID. I can imagine the fear porn you posted in that circle jerk of a thread. This smells of the same. Your fear mongering is out of hand. Get it in check.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FrankSL:

And when do we think all the brave GunTube personalities like MAC, Lucas Botkin, Ian/Karl et al who avoided GWOT will be over in UKR?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankSL:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Malcolm Nance
@MalcolmNance
·
Jan 3
WARNING:  62 days before 1/6 I warned on
@RealTimers
that Trump would start a political/paramilitary insurgency to seize American democracy.  It has begun. I detail the Trump Insurgency in my coming book

Not sure what to think about the dude

He is retired Navy Intel Senior Chief
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]

A kid of the Cold War. Either Gen X or Boomer. Either way your fear mongering is out of hand. Get it in check.
View All Quotes
LOL. Wrong.

A kid of the Cold War. Either Gen X or Boomer. Either way your fear mongering is out of hand. Get it in check.

Some of us old millennials too
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

View Quote

Or it could get bogged down and mauled by grad strikes. The real war is beginning. Hopefully the Russians fucked off enough of their army in the clown shoes opener that they don’t have the strength left to get it done.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#20]
FINALLY someone who understands. All I can hope is that we have an ace in the hole in the form of advanced missile defense hidden from the public eye.
View Quote

we don't. in fact weren't the SALT treaties a reduction in number of warheads on both sides, in trade for weakened defenses on both sides?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

View Quote

Ya but by then the USSR wasn’t a threat imo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

We didn't get that message lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Or it could get bogged down and mauled by grad strikes. The real war is beginning. Hopefully the Russians fucked off enough of their army in the clown shoes opener that they don’t have the strength left to get it done.
View All Quotes

I think they can lose way more than 20k troops
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been seeing people say "Ukraine cannot win" since the invasion began to be discussed.

From what I can see from here, Russian equipment is shit. That shit is poorly maintained. When it does break, they don't have spares. The guys they have pulling triggers would be hard pressed to complete elementary tasks, and they are running low on those cretins...

I guess my question is this: How the fuck does Russia win? Think they will go nuclear? WTF does that get them? Smoke clears and they still have the same issues and their zoo is now radioactive...

I don't think Russia has a way of defining victory. There is no victorious outcome. They are just too fucking stupid to see it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]

We didn't get that message lol
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Putin’s move into Ukrainian was the equivalent of him burning his ships on the shore, he knows he either wins or dies.  The Crimea probably is that red line in which he does direct the usage of strategic weapons.  The big question is whether after he issues the order whether it is carried out or if he is deposed.
View All Quotes

Prepare yourselves.

Since Putin has dictatorial control over the media and most of the people in Russia, he could claim that he conducted a withdrawal because Ukraine has been de-nazified and stronk Russia taught the uppity Ukrainians a lesson. The ending of the war isn't in Putin's hands at this point. He'll have to take what is given to him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL. Wrong.
View Quote
This is a breaking news thread. It is primarily for information and discussing that. It is not for people to come in and "debate" their views about how Ukraine corrupt, Hunter, biolabs, Russia stronk, how we all must want to die in nuclear fire, enlighten us, "just asking questions," etc.

It is a long held arfcom policy that major breaking news threads do not tolerate thread sliding, purse swinging, and other derailing BS that makes it difficult for people to keep up with the information. This is nothing new. You've been here long enough that you should know this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:
View Quote

I'm down with some OPE by Ukraine
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL. Wait and watch.
View All Quotes

LOL. Wait and watch.

Lol. If you end up being right, no one will know because in WW3, there won't be an Arfcom. At this point, Putin isn't in control of how his stupid, ill-considered invasion ends. He will be forced to accept what is given to him, if anything is given to him at all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#30]
LOL. Wrong.
View Quote

There are many, many people in this thread whose opinions don't perfectly match and they get along just fine, for the most part. What they all agree on is that Russia is wrong and and they need to lose this war because you have to be either a piece of shit human being or a brainwashed moron to think it's okay for an authoritarian government to invade and take over a peaceful sovereign country.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL. Wait and watch.
View All Quotes

LOL. Wait and watch.

What's your background?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Updated maps!

Moar orcs in-country.

View Quote

Naming them a state sponsor of terrorism is an interesting twist.

This should just be re-labeled.....Soon....  
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#34]

Prepare yourselves.
View All Quotes

Prepare yourselves.

Who are you to decide when Ukraine should bend the knee to Putin?

They aren’t asking us to fight for them.  They just need the tools to keep fighting,

Have some fucking principals.  You support freedom and the  2A but want to throw Ukraine to the wolves?  Fuck that.

Your post disgusts me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Updated maps!

Moar orcs in-country.

View Quote

Maybe Poland asking to jump in?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Prepare yourselves.
View Quote

Your take is well understood, and the majority of Arfcom shares it.

My take was the same as yours initially as well.  I heard nothing but comments from analysts and experts about how quickly Ukraine would fall, and how it was powerless to do so.   Those same people also said that the Russian buildup was a bluff to keep Ukraine out of Nato.  

But then Ukraine stood up. I took the opportunity to learn more about the country and its people.  I found out that Ukraine is kind of like the “Texas of Europe”.  They were rapidly pushing back against corruption in recent years, pushing to westernize. Looking to be free.

And here comes Russia, and the brutality and horror they imposed, unprovoked.  They also showed how vulnerable they are.  I grew up in the cold war too.  And I had expected a conflict to come any time.  I also remember how many hundreds of thousands of Americans have died at the hands of the Russians and their proxies and the cold war itself.  It brought it all back.  Russia is still Russia, out greatest foe.  They could have changed and embraced a better way of life, but they really didn’t.  And now we are facing them down again, where we are the strongest we have been militarily, after 20 years of war fighting, and they are the weakest they have ever been.

As a cold war kid, I see we have unfinished business, and we should take them off the table while we can. And in the process, we should rid Ukraine of them as well.  It’s well past time to put that Bear down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Damn. Is it really that bad? I've been mostly avoiding it out of fear I'll lose a lot of respect for members or this community.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By RogueShot12er:
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Can this thread go back to being news and stuff. That'd be great.

So like page 10?

This is just a Ukraine rah rah thread. Nothing wrong with that just don't expect unbiased information if you are following it.

It is what it is.

90% of Arfcom is either indifferent or pro Russia.   This is really the only thread that is somewhat pro Ukraine.

GD is more pro Russia than my Russian wife. It's pathetic.

Damn. Is it really that bad? I've been mostly avoiding it out of fear I'll lose a lot of respect for members or this community.

Yea it’s pretty bad. The perception of many long term members on the site has definitely changed for me. We got some good people. We also have some people that need a lobotomy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#38]

So like page 10?

This is just a Ukraine rah rah thread. Nothing wrong with that just don't expect unbiased information if you are following it.

It is what it is.
View All Quotes

So like page 10?

It is what it is.

Lol, look at you lecturing at what this thread is about.  This thread was started about the war and dynamics of the war and updates on progress. And that's it. Not who's right or who's wrong. Just every day battle assessments...but trolls had to come in here and shit all over it when it was obvious Ukraine is winning, at every level...it wasn't until then did this thread fall apart to propaganda. So why is that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

so 2nd pict. just right of center there is what looks to be a large pc. of frag, you can follow it back in the first pict.
...appears to be on course for his liver.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks. I'll continue to avoid it in the hopes that these people eventually unfuck themselves.

For all the talk of Russia's failures, they sure knocked that one out of the park.

View All Quotes

I checked it today after having been only in this thread and immediately regretted it.
Yes it's that bad.
Thanks. I'll continue to avoid it in the hopes that these people eventually unfuck themselves.

For all the talk of Russia's failures, they sure knocked that one out of the park.

Hey just throw in an extra 20,000 conscripts after 2 weeks of “training” (anal gang rape) and you’ll have a mighty fine fighting force!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marlinfan] [#41]
Originally Posted By Commando223:

I think they can lose way more than 20k troops
View Quote

Yes they can and most likely will lose 100k before this is over. Vlad will lose 10x that before he even thinks about negotiating. Russia has never valued human life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Since Putin has dictatorial control over the media and most of the people in Russia, he could claim that he conducted a withdrawal because Ukraine has been de-nazified and stronk Russia taught the uppity Ukrainians a lesson. The ending of the war isn't in Putin's hands at this point. He'll have to take what is given to him.
View All Quotes

Prepare yourselves.

His withdrawal will be seen as weakness and will result in a coup
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Yea it’s pretty bad. The perception of many long term members on the site has definitely changed for me. We got some good people. We also have some people that need a lobotomy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

So like page 10?

It is what it is.

90% of Arfcom is either indifferent or pro Russia.   This is really the only thread that is somewhat pro Ukraine.

GD is more pro Russia than my Russian wife. It's pathetic.

No doubt.

The last couple weeks have certainly been an eye opener.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#45]

I called out the losses a few days ago, no way UA has only lost their stated 3K+ but they have had a favorable W-L ratio so far. Hopefully they find a way to maintain favorable losses in the east.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Ukraine has shorter lines for redeployment but have little interdiction risk.  A lot of the unite Russia is looking to move have been chewed up and either need to be reinforced or merged with other units in order to be combat effective.

As time goes on, I think Ukraine gets stronger.  Russia is already cannibalizing it’s domestic truck fleet to support the war…they are already at their logistic limit.  If they “fully mobilize” and throw another 200k to 2 million troops at Ukraine…how are they going to supply them?  They have no ability outside of maybe China to qualitatively replace their equipment losses, so their forces will degrade not get better.

Meanwhile, the opposite is true for Ukraine.  Their forces will be increasingly equipped with near top of the line Western gear.  The fact that Russia is 2.5x the size of Ukraine no longer matters because of the stark difference in combat effectiveness of Ukraine and the increasing technological edge that is manifesting.

Honestly, the only hope for Russia is if North Korea goes for South Korea or China goes for Taiwan.  Or maybe they can form a new Axis with Hungary and Germany.  But even then Poland would have tanks parked in Berlin in two weeks.

So I can see the Russians facing total defeat and collapse of their combat fronts and resorting to nukes.

All you need to see is the grenade attack on hiding russian troops. It was a slaughter.

It really was.  And imagine that repeated across the whole country.  No way Ukraine has only lost 2k troops (IMHO), but they are chewing up the Russians.

I called out the losses a few days ago, no way UA has only lost their stated 3K+ but they have had a favorable W-L ratio so far. Hopefully they find a way to maintain favorable losses in the east.

He may also be speaking UA “regular” armed forces and not counting militias and civilian deaths. He stated around 10k wounded. So technically UA has an admitted floor of 13k casualties,
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Yes, because they are nazis, and corrupt. You can't get any worse than corrupt nazis.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

Wanting YouTubers to get murdered because they don’t agree with you, excusing actual nazis because they do agree with you, advocating genocide, wanting to fight to the last Ukrainian even if it means irreversible damage to their home, and advocating nuclear war is. Of course it’s par for the course in GD bingo.

You think Ukraine should roll over and submit to Russification?

Yes, because they are nazis, and corrupt. You can't get any worse than corrupt nazis.

Corrupt Zombie Nazi's?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

Updated maps!

Moar orcs in-country.

FJB will be sending his personal representative, The East Bunny, to demonstrate the seriousness of the situation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

Wanting YouTubers to get murdered because they don't agree with you, excusing actual nazis because they do agree with you, advocating genocide, wanting to fight to the last Ukrainian even if it means irreversible damage to their home, and advocating nuclear war is. Of course it's par for the course in GD bingo.

He already did so he wants to see the Ukrainians do the same.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I’ve lost a lot of respect for many who would describe themselves as “independent thinking, freedom loving conservatives”.

So many of these people talk about the useful of the liberals and leftists.  They are no better.  Useful idiots for the Russians.  Just as stupid as every mindless leftist who spouts the liberal dogma..
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

That's actually pretty cool. Good for him.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1690 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top