Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1911 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ludder093:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVcT-OuoPA
View Quote

He's punched an irreparable hole in tens of thousands of families.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

That BMP 1 took a little hit on that 5th road wheel. Probably from a 25mm or maybe a 12.7.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"In the background of the Ukrainian photo of the trophy Russian BMP-2 was the Polish BWP-1 (produced under the BMP-1 license), delivered to the APU from Poland.

Thanks to LostArmour for the tip."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_12-47-22_jpg-2377927.JPG

That BMP 1 took a little hit on that 5th road wheel. Probably from a 25mm or maybe a 12.7.

The BMP1 is behind the BMP2 with the damaged road wheel.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:
1. Hope dickhead Putin nukes it all . Fuck Ukraine and Russia

2. Let NATO launch. Fuck them and Russia. Let’s see if their is nuclear winter. Burn the mother fucker down
View Quote
Day by day, I am getting closer and closer to this mindset.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Something I read from Ukrainian accounts is that bridges in the south had their explosives removed and therefore they weren't blown. Army units were moved out of so 3 areas  and only border guards and territorial defense outfits were left to face the invasion from Crimea in some locations. Of course this could very well all just be hot rumors but the generals Zelensky had arrested early had to have done something wrong.
 It will be disgusting if this turns out to be true.
View Quote

Kyiv didn't fall.
Sumy didn't fall.
Chernihiv didn't fall.
Kharkiv didn't fall.
Mykolaiv didn't fall.
Mariupol is destroyed and still fighting.
Kherson fell basically intact and the Russians were allowed to pour out of Crimea thru a couple severe choke points.

If it looks fishy, and smells fishy...

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#7]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
IN ON EPIC PAGE 1911!!!
View Quote

Somebody has to do it:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
No bodies?

Nice Steyr loves to arm the shitheads! I hope that policy is over, I know accuracy international stopped selling them guns.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Figures I’ve seen are about 4/1 in US favor.

I don’t doubt the UA figure of 25k dead Russians at all. I only saw a fraction but based on cooked vehicles with fatty char inside and dead Russian dismounts, bloody gear etc, their number might be low. It wouldn’t surprise me if 30k were Kia. Maybe more if you include missing. Total casualties have got to be nearing 75-100k
View Quote

I've seen estimates between 25k-40k in terms of KIA. The problem is there's so many reporting metrics, and on top of it, it seems wagner+kadrovites+dpr+LPR are each a different number and Russia isn't tracking anyone bur Russian internal losses....not that they're doing much of a good job.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Russia’s Putin blames West for war in Ukraine in Victory Day speech – BBC News
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
IN ON EPIC PAGE 1911!!!
View Quote
Trash guns.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
The numbers are at least 100k...

is there really .....really that low of the numbers of mothers.. wondering WTF is going on their sons, fathers?

Are they THAT fucken daft in monkeyland Russia?

Fucken shit to hell..... my mom freaks out from the 1st day of boot to all of my deployments.....

whose MOM wouldn't??

they paying that many off...

watching the telegram and youtubes of POWs and its like....it's like it is NOTHING....

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Trash guns.
View All Quotes
IN ON EPIC PAGE 1911!!!
Trash guns.

Older than the Soviet Union.  :)
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Somebody has to do it:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/IMG-3666_jpg-2378393.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
In on 1911
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I didn't see the sunrise this morning, actually.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Russia wants it because owning it would allow them to claim a big chunk of the black sea. Ukraine need to get it back for the same reason. Tactically insignificant, strategically vital for the postwar landscape
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
Originally Posted By x248716x:

That island is a death trap. I know it must have some strategic importance but I doubt it is worth that much. Island is tiny.

Russia wants it because owning it would allow them to claim a big chunk of the black sea. Ukraine need to get it back for the same reason. Tactically insignificant, strategically vital for the postwar landscape

Remake of Korea's Pork Chop Hill
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Trash guns.

mine

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Need some info - what exactly is the niche where APWKS ( laser guided Hydra 70 ) falls into?  Is it supposed to be used against fieldworks /vehicles / troop concentrations /something else?  I think Ukrainians will be using ground launched version.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Figures I’ve seen are about 4/1 in US favor.

I don’t doubt the UA figure of 25k dead Russians at all. I only saw a fraction but based on cooked vehicles with fatty char inside and dead Russian dismounts, bloody gear etc, their number might be low. It wouldn’t surprise me if 30k were Kia. Maybe more if you include missing. Total casualties have got to be nearing 75-100k
View Quote

That's just a staggering amount of losses if true. Russia's offensive capability must be going down the drain. I think if Ukraine is able to put together a major offensive, they'll go all the way to the 1994 border before Moscow knows what's happening. It'll flip like a switch, and go from breakthrough to rout.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#22]
since his victory day speech didnt give much info, wonder what putins end game for all this will be.  and in on 1911!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Most appropriate!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
since his victory day speech didnt give much info, wonder what putins end game for all this will be.  and in on 1911!
View Quote

See the article I posted above.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nixvio] [#25]
Damnit my keyboard is jamming up just like the page.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colossians323] [#26]

IN!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
The numbers are at least 100k...

is there really .....really that low of the numbers of mothers.. wondering WTF is going on their sons, fathers?

Are they THAT fucken daft in monkeyland Russia?

Fucken shit to hell..... my mom freaks out from the 1st day of boot to all of my deployments.....

whose MOM wouldn't??

they paying that many off...

watching the telegram and youtubes of POWs and its like....it's like it is NOTHING....

View Quote

I think it’s telling in an age of smart phones.  People check in constantly, even in war now.  If family no longer hear from them after a week or two, they will start asking.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

i read it thank you
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By realwar:
The ambassador of the Russian Federation near Poland was doused with red farboa while trying to put a wreath to the monument to the soldiers of Radyansk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPErZP7KJ94
View Quote

What is farboa?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

I've seen estimates between 25k-40k in terms of KIA. The problem is there's so many reporting metrics, and on top of it, it seems wagner+kadrovites+dpr+LPR are each a different number and Russia isn't tracking anyone bur Russian internal losses....not that they're doing much of a good job.

View Quote

I would tend to believe the Ukr MOD figures are *relatively* accurate - as accurate as possible. And I think they incorporate the irregular forces - DPR/LPR militia, Wagner mercs, etc.  They tend to be really accurate on things we can verify, and in my mind have a high credibility.

Another point that validates them is this: At one point several weeks ago, internal Russian figures *acutal figures* were leaked and they were a couple thousand below the Ukr figures. If you figure their numbers were their regular forces, and the 10%/15% gap below their figures and the Ukrainian's would amount to the irregulars.  The numbers from both sides seem to jive - at least when you get a peak at the Russian's internal numbers that they don't publicize.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#31]

That's a proper 1911.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#32]
No bodies?

Nice Steyr loves to arm the shitheads! I hope that policy is over, I know accuracy international stopped selling them guns.
View Quote

Which Steyr guns have you been seeing?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

That's just a staggering amount of losses if true. Russia's offensive capability must be going down the drain. I think if Ukraine is able to put together a major offensive, they'll go all the way to the 1994 border before Moscow knows what's happening. It'll flip like a switch, and go from breakthrough to rout.
View All Quotes
Figures I've seen are about 4/1 in US favor.

I don't doubt the UA figure of 25k dead Russians at all. I only saw a fraction but based on cooked vehicles with fatty char inside and dead Russian dismounts, bloody gear etc, their number might be low. It wouldn't surprise me if 30k were Kia. Maybe more if you include missing. Total casualties have got to be nearing 75-100k

They have a huge pool of reserves if Putin declares war. They could send millions of combatants into Ukraine if they do that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Krater:
Need some info - what exactly is the niche where APWKS ( laser guided Hydra 70 ) falls into?  Is it supposed to be used against fieldworks /vehicles / troop concentrations /something else?  I think Ukrainians will be using ground launched version.
View Quote

Probably mainly attacking buildings and concentrations of people, as well as destroying light vehicles (fuel trucks, MLRS, artillery - things that arent tanks) from 5km+ away.

Main advantage is its 'high capacity' - a technical could have a 4-7 shot launcher in the space of a ATGM mount.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for making the the most awesome thread in quite a long time.

So much information and mostly on tract with genuine help going out to the UA folks fighting.

Let's hope the world can keep arming UA to defend itself and get the Russians kicked out posthaste.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#36]
In on best handgun
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:35:16 AM EDT
[#37]
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia-cant-make-more-tanks-because-of-this-key-sanction-biden-official-says-204705566.html

Yahoo Finance
Russia 'can't make more' tanks because of this key sanction, Biden official says

Export controls ban companies from sending crucial products like semiconductors to Russia with the goal of gradually starving its economy. But a top Biden administration official told Yahoo Finance on Monday that certain export controls may hurt Vladimir Putin’s army in the immediate future.

“Because of the export controls we’ve already put in place, Russia’s top two manufacturers of tanks are no longer in business,” Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Wally Adeyemo said Monday. “Russia today has far fewer tanks than they had going into this invasion, and they can't make more because of the action that we're taking with sanctions.”

The White House says the controls have left Russia’s two major tank plants — the Uralvagonzavod Corporation and Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant — idle due to a lack of foreign components. And observers noticed fewer tanks than normal at the annual military parade on Moscow’s Red Square on Monday.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

They have a huge pool of reserves if Putin declares war. They could send millions of combatants into Ukraine if they do that.
View Quote

Oh sure, theoretically they can draft every male 18-60 and send them to Ukraine.
Realistically, I strongly doubt they have enough functioning weapons to even double the size of their military, never mind the logistical capability for that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:42:08 AM EDT
[#39]
shit post for the best page
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:54:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#40]
1911 needs a like button

If I didn’t want another CMP 1911 I’d suggest we send them to UA to stack orc bodies

After all, the 1911 just wins wars, amirite?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:57:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Earlier today there was a intel plane circling in the Black Sea area.
Didn’t say if it was a Rivet Joint or other, but we are keeping a close eye on them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Earlier today there was a intel plane circling in the Black Sea area.
Didn’t say if it was a Rivet Joint or other, but we are keeping a close eye on them.

I was watching this earlier this morning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#42]
May as well get in on 1911!  As a Cold War kid who's Dad was in the military I love seeing Russian getting their asses handed to them!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#43]
The parade and speech seem to be a bit of a limp-dick concession.

Hopefully.

Russia's military seem to work about as well as a Nagant revolver.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:
shit post for the best page
View Quote
+87
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Figures I've seen are about 4/1 in US favor.

I don't doubt the UA figure of 25k dead Russians at all. I only saw a fraction but based on cooked vehicles with fatty char inside and dead Russian dismounts, bloody gear etc, their number might be low. It wouldn't surprise me if 30k were Kia. Maybe more if you include missing. Total casualties have got to be nearing 75-100k

I do wonder how much they can realistically muster. Sure they can probably dig up small arms and uniforms to arm many people, but how much armor to they have in reserve? Artillery? Is this why their air force is seemingly MIA?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

We've seen the state in which their kleptocracy has left military equipment and military stores. They couldn't properly feed 150k soldiers in the initial invasion, so do they have the logistical capacity to feed millions of conscripts at the end of a logistical tail? Could they even ramp up storable, transportable food to that number, somehow? Every unit followed to the front battle by a bunch of scooby vans and Amazon delivery trucks filled with bottled water and the Russian equivalent of Spam?

Even if they can give every swingin' d military age male a weapon, some ammo and a white or red armband (in lieu of a proper uniform), they won't be trained, they won't for the most part know what they're doing, they won't be fed properly or properly resupplied. Presuming they can transport them all to the front, presuming they'll mill forward in impressive-looking human wave attacks when ordered to with machine gun nests at their backs, presuming they don't just turn around and slaughter whomever is trying to force them to make those assaults?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Ukraine began its first broad counteroffensive (as opposed to smaller, more piecemeal ones it has conducted so far) around Kharkiv a few days ago and have pushed Russian forces back almost 30 miles in some areas, and pushed them back across the front.  Some of the analyses of these counteroffensives believe the Ukrainians may be able to push the Russians all of the way back across the border in this region.  Russia is pulling BTGs from other areas (further hampering their overall efforts) and massing them on the Russian side of the border to attempt a counterattack in the near future and try and put a halt to the Ukrainian counteroffensive.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:37:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#48]
IN ON EPIC PAGE 1911!!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#49]

Posted on May 6, 2022 

Putin’s Russia at the End of Its Tether, Part II
View Quote

Good article, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:39:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Cannon fodder parade. Intercepted calls of russian troops in Ukraine
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1911 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top