Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1910 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Looks like the clever plan for winning the war Special Operation NATO Created Problem, is to spooge missiles semi-randomly across the country... Another month or so and they will be down to chucking homemade black powder pipe rockets like Syrian rebels.

https://i.postimg.cc/wxrFyCkt/syria-homemade-weapons.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Russia is attacking fortified positions. Attackers usually take more casualties than defenders.
View Quote

Not when the positions are taken, over run. Also the war in the east seems more to Russia's strengths: heavy HEAVY arty bombardment then tanks roll through. Any point on the front that gets the focused attack will lose ground and men.

I just hope the UA keeps whittling away at the Russian numbers until they snap and then UA can, hopefully, roll them up. That's when the casualties will really pile up. Once an offensive is spent, it is in real danger of a counter attack, which I think the UA is doing in many cases, on a small scale. I would love to see '41 level envelopments of the Russians.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Something I read from Ukrainian accounts is that bridges in the south had their explosives removed and therefore they weren’t blown. Army units were moved out of so 3 areas  and only border guards and territorial defense outfits were left to face the invasion from Crimea in some locations. Of course this could very well all just be hot rumors but the generals Zelensky had arrested early had to have done something wrong.
 It will be disgusting if this turns out to be true.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
View Quote

It sounds like Macron can’t wait until all this ‘unpleasantness” is over and France can resume weapon & weapon sensor sales to Russia.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

Ukraine may collapse, but if Putin nukes Kyiv and Lviv the US and UK will put an end to Russia's ability to make war and Poland would add their might.  After seeing Macron's comments and Germany's hesitancy in this whole scenario I'm not 100% certain NATO would do anything significant.  But the US and UK would act, and it wouldn't be subtle.
View Quote

Xiden is going WWIII over Kiev? Whoever is making decisions for that senile asshole would probably take the matter to a focus-group "how do you feel about nuclear war with Russia" and we would end up with Afghanistan X100. We'd be lucky if Xiden doesnt flee the country to China. And without the USA, England and even Poland will just posture.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember hearing that they basically failed to defend Kherson. Gave it up to easily. Where did you get this information.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Xiden is going WWIII over Kiev? Whoever is making decisions for that senile asshole would probably take the matter to a focus-group "how do you feel about nuclear war with Russia" and we would end up with Afghanistan X100. We'd be lucky if Xiden doesnt flee the country to China. And without the USA, England and even Poland will just posture.
View Quote

1. Hope dickhead Putin nukes it all . Fuck Ukraine and Russia

2. Let NATO launch. Fuck them and Russia. Let’s see if their is nuclear winter. Burn the mother fucker down
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
Not surprising, the Italians have had their fair share of communists, were trading partners of the Soviet Union, and are pretty cozy with the CCP these days in business.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
Not surprising, the Italians have had their fair share of communists, were trading partners of the Soviet Union, and are pretty cozy with the CCP these days in business.

They were pretty cozy with Nazis back in the day as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Fuck him. I would love to see putin dragged behind his fucking limo by the leg until his foot comes off. Then switch to the other leg.
Fuck putin and macron.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Fuck him. I would love to see putin dragged behind his fucking limo by the leg until his foot comes off. Then switch to the other leg.
Fuck putin and macron.

That was oddly specific, but I gotta say I love your enthusiasm!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:

2. Let NATO launch. Fuck them and Russia. Let’s see if their is nuclear winter. Burn the mother fucker down
View All Quotes

I think it’s time to put down whatever you are hitting this evening.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank_B] [#11]
BBC Fact checks Putin's Victory Day speech.

"Kyiv has declared that it could obtain nuclear weapons"
President Putin has repeatedly said Ukraine plans to acquire nuclear weapons as a justification for Russia's invasion, although there's no evidence this is the case...

"There was every indication that a clash with neo-Nazis and Banderites - backed by the US and its junior partners - was unavoidable"
President Putin has frequently claimed the presence of neo-Nazis in Ukraine as a justification for Russia's invasion.

At the last parliamentary election in 2019, support for far-right candidates was just 2% - far lower than in many other European countries...

"The Nato bloc launched an active military build-up on the territories adjacent to us... We saw how military infrastructure was being rolled out, how hundreds of foreign advisers started operating. Regular deliveries of cutting-edge weapons from Nato countries were deployed"
It (NATO) also says that further Nato military activity in eastern Europe has been in response to Russia's own build up near Ukraine, which went on for many weeks before it invaded in late February...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Not when the positions are taken, over run. Also the war in the east seems more to Russia's strengths: heavy HEAVY arty bombardment then tanks roll through. Any point on the front that gets the focused attack will lose ground and men.

I just hope the UA keeps whittling away at the Russian numbers until they snap and then UA can, hopefully, roll them up. That's when the casualties will really pile up. Once an offensive is spent, it is in real danger of a counter attack, which I think the UA is doing in many cases, on a small scale. I would love to see '41 level envelopments of the Russians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Russia is attacking fortified positions. Attackers usually take more casualties than defenders.

Question is are the Ukrainians getting that longer range arty to the front and using it correctly? When you have artillery that outranges whatever the enemy has its huge.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I hope you a right. But it seems that Russia has been using a better strategy, focusing on the East and seem to be getting ground, although very slowly. I hope the ratio is 1:10 UA .vs RF but I fear it's more equal at this point.
View Quote

Russia has been grasping at straws since what, Day #3 ???

Better strategy ?

JFC.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

You think that the Ukrainians don’t have the same or now better equipment? That they didn’t also go to the same schools? The Soviet strengths were American lend lease and a limitless supply of bodies. Ukraine has the first and neither has the second, but Russia acts like they have it…
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

There it is.

France will surrender to Russia before Belarus does.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By x248716x:
View Quote

That island is a death trap. I know it must have some strategic importance but I doubt it is worth that much. Island is tiny.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Billy_Ringo] [#18]

View All Quotes

Ukraine may collapse, but if Putin nukes Kyiv and Lviv the US and UK will put an end to Russia's ability to make war and Poland would add their might.  After seeing Macron's comments and Germany's hesitancy in this whole scenario I'm not 100% certain NATO would do anything significant.  But the US and UK would act, and it wouldn't be subtle.

Biden isn't calling any shots in the US.   I don't know who is but so far they've done a pretty damn good job of providing intelligence, weapons and probably advise to the Ukrainians.    And Russia is paying a big price for it.  

Also like to give a big shout out to Boris and the UK, I like their take no shit attitude and support for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Earlier today there was a intel plane circling in the Black Sea area.
Didn’t say if it was a Rivet Joint or other, but we are keeping a close eye on them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

That island is a death trap. I know it must have some strategic importance but I doubt it is worth that much. Island is tiny.
View All Quotes

Russia wants it because owning it would allow them to claim a big chunk of the black sea. Ukraine need to get it back for the same reason. Tactically insignificant, strategically vital for the postwar landscape
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Russia wants it because owning it would allow them to claim a big chunk of the black sea. Ukraine need to get it back for the same reason. Tactically insignificant, strategically vital for the postwar landscape
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Strategically it's significant but it's a death trap. Neither side is going to occupy it for a long time while this continues. Anyone who tries to set up shop is going to get killed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Biden isn’t making the decisions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I find it somewhat humorous because Russia is acting like the Lost Ark of the Covenant is buried on Snake Island.
It should’ve been obvious way sooner that they can’t project power there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I find it somewhat humorous because Russia is acting like the Lost Ark of the Covenant is buried on Snake Island.
It should've been obvious way sooner that they can't project power there.
View Quote
it's been fun watching them try.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

They should definitely keep trying tho.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#29]

"Ruscists"

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
The Russian Military Is Retreating
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Win anyway, and once it’s over set up a new and improved version of NATO with the countries who rolled with us….and leave old NATO to France, Germany, and apparently Hungary so they can do whatever with their Fren Putin.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Hard to overlook that the two "leading countries" of Europe are willing to screw the Ukraine to appease Russia.

Doesn't bode well for NATO. I'm not sure that Russia couldn't steamroll  Europe. It would soon be Poland standing alone. And the Ukraine. France wants to stay out of it and Germany's got nothing. GB's not going to jump in to save the continent. If Russia ignores Finland, not much else in their way.

Except the US, of course. I wonder what we'd do if France and Germany opted out.

Win anyway, and once it’s over set up a new and improved version of NATO with the countries who rolled with us….and leave old NATO to France, Germany, and apparently Hungary so they can do whatever with their Fren Putin.

This whole thing has been very good at exposing who in NATO is a valuable ally and who is dead weight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#32]
The sounds of my youth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By doc540:

"Ruscists"

View Quote

I had a laugh at that, too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Make fragging great again.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Live stream

VICTORY DAY IS HERE! Current Ukraine War Footage With The Enforcer (Day 75)

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Hard to overlook that the two "leading countries" of Europe are willing to screw the Ukraine to appease Russia.

Doesn't bode well for NATO. I'm not sure that Russia couldn't steamroll  Europe. It would soon be Poland standing alone. And the Ukraine. France wants to stay out of it and Germany's got nothing. GB's not going to jump in to save the continent. If Russia ignores Finland, not much else in their way.

Except the US, of course. I wonder what we'd do if France and Germany opted out.

France needs to feel some sting for their bullshit.  In a day, Macron has undermined NATO and the EU more than anyone could imagine. His ass needs sanctioned.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

If that's the case, here's to us "not providing the UKR" with targeting information.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Biden isn't calling any shots in the US.   I don't know who is but so far they've done a pretty damn good job of providing intelligence, weapons and probably advise to the Ukrainians.    And Russia is paying a big price for it.  

Also like to give a big shout out to Boris and the UK, I like their take no shit attitude and support for Ukraine.
View All Quotes

UK has been Rule Britania'ing with their support for Ukraine; its been awesome.

British Patriotic Song: Rule, Britannia!

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Zelensky already said they won’t accept them owning Crimea.

And with all that western hardware, aid, and backing pouring in the UA army has a lot of high morale to feed off of. In the past when they could t take the seized lands or were unsure what would happen they say still. I could see them start to roll the Russians in the coming months that and almost have to be co rained/stopped from going after them into Russia itself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Well that’s not much of a defense of trump since it was all retarded.

The taking of Crimea is the one and only "success" for Russia that I can see in this whole disaster.

Zelensky already said they won’t accept them owning Crimea.

And with all that western hardware, aid, and backing pouring in the UA army has a lot of high morale to feed off of. In the past when they could t take the seized lands or were unsure what would happen they say still. I could see them start to roll the Russians in the coming months that and almost have to be co rained/stopped from going after them into Russia itself.

Honest question, but considering their tactics in Crimea (and recently captured areas) of exporting natives and leaving desirables or bringing in Russians…how much appetite is there for the “people of Crimea” to join Ukraine once again? While I don’t disagree with Zelensky’s/UA’s stance, would UA forces simply be finding themselves on the outside looking in just like Russian forces when they came into UA expecting open arms?

Genuinely asking as I don’t know the current state of Crimean politics.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Not in the Lend Lease bill.
View Quote

Every time I see this I think Russian propoganda. Most of the stuff is scrap metal waiting to go to a contractor to be demilled. I hope we fucking flood the country with arms and munitions. I was there last month (March) and their were 10,000s waiting and wanting to join but turned away for lack of guns and ammo. My friends unit went the first week w/o an antitank rocket. He had over 150 guys in his unit. Now they have NLAWS and RPGs but lacked a sniper system until recently.

And we fought NW of Kiev. They were engaged at gostomel when I got there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Defiance and anger: rural Ukraine unites against Russia’s aggression - BBC News
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Figures I’ve seen are about 4/1 in US favor.

I don’t doubt the UA figure of 25k dead Russians at all. I only saw a fraction but based on cooked vehicles with fatty char inside and dead Russian dismounts, bloody gear etc, their number might be low. It wouldn’t surprise me if 30k were Kia. Maybe more if you include missing. Total casualties have got to be nearing 75-100k
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:28:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pr24guy] [#43]

View All Quotes

Well that leaves Asia. You must be safe and sound , I'm guessing here, but I'll say in China.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Every time I see this I think Russian propoganda. Most of the stuff is scrap metal waiting to go to a contractor to be demilled. I hope we fucking flood the country with arms and munitions. I was there last month (March) and their were 10,000s waiting and wanting to join but turned away for lack of guns and ammo. My friends unit went the first week w/o an antitank rocket. He had over 150 guys in his unit. Now they have NLAWS and RPGs but lacked a sniper system until recently.

View All Quotes

Not in the Lend Lease bill.

Where did you fight at? And why did you come home?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

UK has been Rule Britania'ing with their support for Ukraine; its been awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2c5QHtgFxY
View Quote

Impressive.  There is alot of value in national pride like that.

I just wish they'd get their shit together on "shall" or "will".  Pick one and everyone sing THAT in the chorus!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Let's see. Russians act like the Ark of the Covenant is buried on Snake Island.

What do Putin and his oligarchs value over anything else in the world -- more than the Ark of the Covenant?

How could a little place like Snake Island allow them to control that?

Total, OMV, Repsol, Turkish Petroleum Company (TPAO), Shell and ExxonMobil are all interested in what lies under the Black Sea. TPAO estimates there are up to ten billion barrels of oil in the region, and the various companies are working on several projects in different sections which are divided into ‘blocks’.

Exploration in the sea had been limited and sporadic until 2012 when the huge Romanian well Domino-1 provided the largest discovery in the Black Sea to date; 84 billion cubic meters of gas, in the country’s block called Neptun.

Spurred on by this discovery, ExxonMobil teamed up with Austria’s OMV to join the exploration of Neptun. Together the companies built the Ocean Endeavour rig, which is drilling a well called Pelican South-1 wildcat in the hope of finding further hydrocarbon reserves. ExxonMobil is also planning to explore the smaller Teres block in the Bulgarian part of the sea, which so far hasn’t received much attention from companies.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Wow. Interesting.

Maybe I missed it throughout this thread, but have you posted any stories / experiences from your time there?

If not, could you?  I'd be super interested to hear some first hand info.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Putin praises Ukraine invasion at Victory Day parade, Zelenskyy delivers defiant response | DW News
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#50]

I hope you a right. But it seems that Russia has been using a better strategy, focusing on the East and seem to be getting ground, although very slowly. I hope the ratio is 1:10 UA .vs RF but I fear it's more equal at this point.
View Quote

Definitely not 1-1. Russians are attacking heavily defended and fortified areas with near 100% surveillance coverage. They fire a lot more shells but the UA actually hits a higher %. If you factor civi losses into the equation, Ukrainians are losing a lot of people but mil losses are a fraction of Russian ones, like 1/4 maybe 1/3 in areas where the Russians have coordinated combined arms attacks.

In some places I know the losses were 7-8 to 1 Nwest of Kyiv. The Russians literally got hammered there. Might even be 10-1 there. Unfortunately they also muttered thousands of civilians, probably 30k or more. Civilian losses have been greater than mil ones.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1910 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top