Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1914 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

I don't disagree that it is happening, I just think it is a terrible (slow) idea.

These are the problems with 3D printing in a warzone, IMO: let's bring in a bunch of complex parts that performs one task, very slowly, and is highly sensitive to the input materials (grain size, moisture content...every fucking thing).

If we clog a nozzle or burn out a control board, or Joe doesn't watch the quality of the printing process like a hawk...that's it, you're fucked, wait for something else to be flown in. Also, let's rely completely on highly trained labor, and ignore the local populace, who would probably happily work for us for meals, clean drinking water, and $10 a day. Brilliant.

HESCOs, plywood, and sandbags aren't all that great, but they are CHEAP and people generally know what to do with them.

Rather than 3D printing, I think earth blocks would be much more appropriate for warzones (or disaster relief efforts, in the medium-term). Basically, after tents but before HESCOs are made useless by weather or enemy fire, and when moderate speed of construction is acceptable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx7tI67-8d0

This company in TX has the leading machines for this technique.
View Quote

That is totally amazing. These should be everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kncook:

That was great!
View Quote

That was effective.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

We've seen javelins take out Russian helicopters over and over again. Based on the vulnerability, is the helicopter still relevant as an offensive combat tool?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
Originally Posted By Prime:

We've seen javelins take out Russian helicopters over and over again. Based on the vulnerability, is the helicopter still relevant as an offensive combat tool?

It’s how the Ukrainians have been getting around. It’s more like “Sikorsky isn’t Russian shit”.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve seen a lot of evidence of dead infantry. Are they still relevant or are they too vulnerable?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#5]
CIA Director William Burns has reaffirmed his assessment that China is "unsettled" by Russia's struggles in Ukraine, but he doesn't believe Moscow's troubles will change Beijing's own determination to capture Taiwan.

Beijing is weighing the events in Europe against its own cost-benefit calculus, Burns said at a Financial Times event on Saturday. "Clearly the Chinese leadership is trying to look carefully at what lessons they should draw from Ukraine about their own ambitions in Taiwan."

Just weeks before Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered his forces to invade neighboring Ukraine, he was in Beijing to ink a 5,000-word joint statement with his Chinese counterpart, President Xi Jinping, who together declared the Russia-China partnership had "no limits."

Officials in Beijing say they were unaware of Putin's plans, and that the conflict isn't in China's interests. U.S. officials, who were adamant about the Kremlin's intentions despite widespread skepticism in Europe, believe Beijing knew about the forthcoming military operation but likely failed to anticipate its scale.

Since February 24, however, European capitals have expressed repeated alarm at the significant political cover Russia continues to receive from China. Jrg Wuttke, president of the EU Chamber of Commerce in China, recently described Xi as having "maneuvered himself into two dead ends at once."

"He can't change his [zero-COVID] policy, and he can't change anything about his friendship with Vladimir Putin," Wuttke said.

In Washington, CIA chief Burns said Xi is "a little bit unsettled by the reputational damage that could come to China by association with the brutishness of Russia's aggression against Ukrainians."

China's president is "unsettled, certainly, by the economic uncertainty that's been produced by the war, particularly in a year, 2022, when I think Xi's main focus is on predictability and getting through a major party congress this coming November," he said. "And I think also unsettled by the fact that what Putin has done is drive Europeans and Americans closer together."

Chinese leaders would've been surprised by the performance of the Russian military and by Ukraine's "whole-of-society" resistance, said Burns. "I think they've been struck by the way in which particularly the transatlantic alliance has come together to impose economic costs on Russia as a result of that aggression."

Despite some notable lessons to learn, Burns believes Xi is yet to be deterred from his ultimate goal.

"I don't for a minute think that it's eroded Xi's determination over time to gain control over Taiwan, but I think it's something that's affecting their calculation about how and when they go about doing that as well."

He made a similar assessment when testifying in Congress in March.

At a budget hearing last week, General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said China intends to develop the military capabilities to seize Taiwan by 2027the centennial of the People's Liberation Army.

"President Xi has set an objective to have his military prepared capability-wise. That's not the same to say he's actually going to invade, but to have the capability to seize the island of Taiwan," he told senators on May 3.

The U.S.'s most senior military officer called it "a very tall order."

John Kirby, the Pentagon's press secretary, told a media briefing the same week that the U.S. doesn't want to "see the status quo change unilaterally in a military way."
View Quote

China Surprised by Russia's Military Failures in Ukraine: CIA Director
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Question about another thread related to this conflict:

There was a thread in GD that started pretty soon after the invasion with a title along the lines of "Ukrainians are barely fighting back".  

Quickly the OP of that thread disappeared and it became sarcastic posts and then one longish term member consistently posting nothing but the most obvious Russian propaganda.  

I can't find that thread.  Was it nuked?  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Big middle finger to Putin.

Ukraine's government mocked Russia's celebration of "Victory Day" by holding what it said was a "parade" of tanks that Ukrainian forces captured from Russian troops amid Moscow's war with the eastern European country.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said in a tweet on Wednesday that the Ukrainian military's 93rd Mechanized Brigade "held a parade of trophy Russian tanks, ruining the holiday for the occupiers," in reference to Victory Day.

"Maybe aggressors think that by arming #UAarmy with Russian trophy equipment, it will affect the turn of NATO-style armament? New clever plan," the Ukrainian Defense Ministry taunted in the tweet.

Russia's annual Victory Day, held on May 9, commemorates the Soviet Union's defeat of Nazi Germany in World War II.

Every year, Russia marks the occasion with a grand military parade in Moscow's Red Square.

This year, Russian President Vladimir Putin's  Victory Day speech passed without a single direct mention of Ukraine or a declaration of all-out war, despite Western officials' warnings that Putin may escalate the conflict around the holiday.

In his speech, Putin ripped NATO expansion, accused the US of aggression, and called Ukraine and its leaders Nazis  claims he previously used to justify the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

When Putin announced his invasion of Ukraine, he said he was seeking the "denazification" of Ukraine, a country whose democratically elected leader, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, is Jewish.

"The West was preparing for the invasion of Russia. NATO was creating tensions at the borders. They did not want to listen to Russia. They had other plans," Putin said in his Victory Day speech. "You are fighting for the motherland, for its future, so that no one forgets the lessons of World War II, so that there is no place in the world for executioners, punishers, and Nazis."

Russia launched its unprovoked invasion of Ukraine on February 24 and the war has since left thousands dead on both sides, including many Ukrainian civilians.

In recent weeks, Russia has focused its attacks in Ukraine on the eastern Donbas region after Russian troops failed to take the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv.
View Quote

Ukraine mocked Russia's 'Victory Day' by holding a 'parade' of captured Russian tanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:17:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#8]
"Domestic electric bikes are already working for the benefit of the state"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

"Ukrainian soldiers destroyed a rare Russian BMO-T - a heavy combat vehicle of flamethrowers. Location unknown"

Attachment Attached File

"Russian Tigr in our domestic camouflage"

Attachment Attached File

"Elegant "wheels" for our special forces from Latvian friends from LV-Teh"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

There was a thread in GD that started pretty soon after the invasion with a title along the lines of "Ukrainians are barely fighting back".  

Quickly the OP of that thread disappeared and it became sarcastic posts and then one longish term member consistently posting nothing but the most obvious Russian propaganda.  

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Ukranians-putting-up-a-heck-of-a-fight-Update-in-OP-/5-2533052/
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:22:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#10]

View Quote

It's not on my sub list anymore so it probably got nuked.

Or the title got changed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#11]
"The whole civilized world must see the conditions in which the wounded, crippled defenders of Mariupol are and act! In complete unsanitary conditions, with open wounds bandaged with non-sterile remnants of bandages, without the necessary medication and even food."

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Video really looks off to me. Render / game? On phone so tiny screen make it hard to judge.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Video really looks off to me. Render / game? On phone so tiny screen make it hard to judge.

Or maybe just a compressed video file?
Not everything is a conspiracy
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#13]
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is coming to Sweden on Wednesday, Sweden's government has announced, with newspapers reporting he will sign a defence deal aimed at protecting Sweden during the Nato transition period.

"This is a deal which is valid until further notice, but it is an important signal ahead of the coming [Nato] ratification process," a source with knowledge of the deal told the Aftonbladet newspaper.

According to a press release issued by the Swedish government, Johnson will meet Sweden's prime minister Magdalena Andersson at her official country retreat at Harpsund, about 100km west of Stockholm.

The two will discuss the security situation in Europe and bilateral relations and cooperation between Sweden and the UK. The two are due to hold a press conference early on Wednesday afternoon.

According to the newspaper, recent classified meetings of the Swedish parliament's defence and foreign committees, MPs have been told of secret bilateral cooperation with the UK.

According to several of the newspaper's sources, Johnson is visiting to officially sign an agreement on this deeper bilateral cooperation, which will, among other things, see British naval vessels dispatched to the Baltic to protect Swedish and Finnish waters during the Nato ratification process.

On Tuesday morning, the Finnish newswire STT broke the news that Johnson was coming to Sweden on Wednesday, reporting that Johnson would then go on to visit Finland later on Wednesday afternoon.

UK Defence Minister Ben Wallace visited Finland last week, and gave reassurances that the UK would support Finland and Sweden in the event of an attack from Russia, whether or not the two countries decide to join Nato.

This slightly toughened up an earlier pledge of support he gave at a meeting with his Swedish and Danish counterparts at the start of March.
View Quote

Boris Johnson to sign defence deal in Sweden on Wednesday
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Why the hell are they stopping to change a tire containing a run-flat in the middle of kill-zone anyway?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckRgrdmk9ps

If only we had given them Bogert jacks too. It would have been so much more exciting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hI4k0Pl6ho

What happens when they shoot the tire on the other side?

Why the hell are they stopping to change a tire containing a run-flat in the middle of kill-zone anyway?

POGs

Chick didn't even have her rear sight up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

That is totally amazing. These should be everywhere.
View Quote

I BELIEVE I know the guy who invented the machine for those. Talked to him FOREVER ago on chats when he had just developed the tech/idea. Talk about an absolutely incredible device/machine, even then, before I Was heavily into building/real estate I thought it was a game changer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I'm on a phone too and it looks nothing like a game to me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Vlad's military machine continues to "impress". Is Garmin on the ITAR list?

Wrecked Russian fighter jets are being found with rudimentary GPS receivers "taped to the dashboards" in Ukraine because their inbuilt navigation systems are so bad, the UK defense minister said.

Speaking at the National Army Museum in London on Monday, Ben Wallace commemorated those who died in World War II and called Russia's invasion of Ukraine "senseless and self-defeating."

He also said there was evidence suggesting Russian military hardware was being pushed to breaking point by the invasion of Ukraine.

"'GPS' receivers have been found taped to the dashboards of downed Russian Su-34s so the pilots knew where they were, due to the poor quality of their own systems," he said.

"The result is that whilst Russia have large amounts of artillery and armor that they like parading, they are unable to leverage them for combined arms maneuver and just resort to mass indiscriminate barrages."

The Su-34 was first manufactured during the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, but is still one of Russia's leading fighter jets.

Ukraine has shared abundant evidence of what it says are Russia's attempts to patch over issues with old military equipment and bypass equipment shortages.

Last month, Ukrainian troops paraded a Russian drone that had been covered in duct tape and fitted with a generic plastic bottle top for a fuel cap. In late March, Ukrainian troops found Russian army bandages dating back to 1978 discarded on a battlefield.

In his Monday speech, Wallace also said Russian vehicles "are frequently found with 1980s paper maps of Ukraine in them" and that soldiers are using "pine logs as makeshift protection on logistical trucks" and attaching "overhead 'cope cages' to their tanks."

Russia held its annual May 9 "Victory Day" military parade in Moscow on Monday, but canceled the air force fly-by due to what it said was bad weather.

During his speech, President Vladimir Putin didn't declare all-out war on Ukraine as Western officials including Wallace had expected, instead praising the valor of Russian troops fighting in the eastern Donbas region and slamming NATO and the US.
View Quote

Downed Russian fighter jets are being found with basic GPS 'taped to the dashboards,' UK defense minister says
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Russians still having logistics problems:

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#19]
"The whole civilized world must see the conditions in which the wounded, crippled defenders of Mariupol are and act! In complete unsanitary conditions, with open wounds bandaged with non-sterile remnants of bandages, without the necessary medication and even food."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSZy3bKXEAQCURv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSZy7u3WQAAVwu6?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSZy8RIWYAAEzCr?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSZy89BXsAEY42u?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
We really need to get those folks out of there. I pray everyday for something akin to a WWII style, against all odds, Great Escape type of rescue.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#20]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CwumYoBGwU
View Quote

Wow. They raped that Russian column!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Live from somewhere in Ukraine (I think):

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:48:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#22]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOePz2hfsJQ
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes

Title change got me! LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#24]

The actions of the occupiers led to the suspension of gas transit through the Sokhranivka DHW

The GTS of Ukraine (OGTSU) operator announces the occurrence of force majeure, which makes it impossible to continue transporting gas through the Sokhranivka DHW and the Novopskov Border Compressor Station (CS) located in the occupied territories. Novopskov is the first compressor station of the Ukrainian GTS in Luhansk region, through which almost a third of gas (up to 32.6 million cubic meters per day) is transited from Russia to Europe.

As a result of the Russian Federation's military aggression against Ukraine, a number of GTS facilities are located in the territory controlled by Russian troops and the occupation administration. Currently, OGTSU cannot carry out operational and technological control over the Novopskov COP and other assets located in these territories. Moreover, the intervention of the occupying forces in technological processes, changes in the modes of operation of GTS facilities, including unauthorized withdrawal of gas from the transit stream, endangered the stability and safety of the entire Ukrainian gas transportation system.

These actions under the current transit contract are force majeure (force majeure) circumstances that make it impossible to fulfill obligations at the connection point of GVS "Sokhranivka", as well as the border compressor station "Novopskov", which are not currently controlled by OGTSU.

Taking into account the above, the OGTSU informs that from 07:00 on May 11, 2022, gas will not be accepted into the GTS of Ukraine at the physical point of the Sokhranivka connection. In order to fulfill the transit obligations to European partners in full and in accordance with the terms of the agreement, it is possible to temporarily transfer unavailable capacity from the physical point of Sokhranivka connection to the physical point of Sudzha connection located in the territory controlled by Ukraine.

The company repeatedly informed Gazprom about threats of transit due to the actions of the Russian-controlled occupation forces and demanded an end to interference in the operation of the facilities, but these appeals were ignored.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

And? Just because you hand someone a gun doesn't mean they become a fighting machine lol. Just more canon fodder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

They have a huge pool of reserves if Putin declares war. They could send millions of combatants into Ukraine if they do that.

And? Just because you hand someone a gun doesn't mean they become a fighting machine lol. Just more canon fodder.
Throw in logistics, trying to feed and transport everyone somewhere.  Starvation and bottlenecks occur with the Russians
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CS223:
We really need to get those folks out of there. I pray everyday for something akin to a WWII style, against all odds, Great Escape type of rescue.
View Quote

I hope so! Those are some brave mofos the kind that create stories that are remembered for thousands of years.

Slava Ukraini, heroyam slava!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

This is definitely going to provoke a response.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
Day by day, I am getting closer and closer to this mindset.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:
1. Hope dickhead Putin nukes it all . Fuck Ukraine and Russia

2. Let NATO launch. Fuck them and Russia. Let’s see if their is nuclear winter. Burn the mother fucker down

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Somehow in Putin's plans to denazify Jewish lead Ukraine, the Romani have joined Ukrainian military to fight for the nazis?

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

View Quote

I am curious as to why.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

I am curious as to why.
View All Quotes

I am curious as to why.

I’m assuming this is a response to a progressively crumbling worldview.

But that’s just a guess.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#32]

I am curious as to why.
View All Quotes

I am curious as to why.

As a reminder, bluegrasscardinal was the guy aggressively making fun of everyone who thought Russia was going to invade. Now he's aggressively ensuring everyone knows how much he hates Ukraine and wants them to be destroyed (oh, but Russia too!).

Something is off about him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

The actions of the occupiers led to the suspension of gas transit through the Sokhranivka DHW

The GTS of Ukraine (OGTSU) operator announces the occurrence of force majeure, which makes it impossible to continue transporting gas through the Sokhranivka DHW and the Novopskov Border Compressor Station (CS) located in the occupied territories. Novopskov is the first compressor station of the Ukrainian GTS in Luhansk region, through which almost a third of gas (up to 32.6 million cubic meters per day) is transited from Russia to Europe.

As a result of the Russian Federation's military aggression against Ukraine, a number of GTS facilities are located in the territory controlled by Russian troops and the occupation administration. Currently, OGTSU cannot carry out operational and technological control over the Novopskov COP and other assets located in these territories. Moreover, the intervention of the occupying forces in technological processes, changes in the modes of operation of GTS facilities, including unauthorized withdrawal of gas from the transit stream, endangered the stability and safety of the entire Ukrainian gas transportation system.

These actions under the current transit contract are force majeure (force majeure) circumstances that make it impossible to fulfill obligations at the connection point of GVS "Sokhranivka", as well as the border compressor station "Novopskov", which are not currently controlled by OGTSU.

Taking into account the above, the OGTSU informs that from 07:00 on May 11, 2022, gas will not be accepted into the GTS of Ukraine at the physical point of the Sokhranivka connection. In order to fulfill the transit obligations to European partners in full and in accordance with the terms of the agreement, it is possible to temporarily transfer unavailable capacity from the physical point of Sokhranivka connection to the physical point of Sudzha connection located in the territory controlled by Ukraine.

The company repeatedly informed Gazprom about threats of transit due to the actions of the Russian-controlled occupation forces and demanded an end to interference in the operation of the facilities, but these appeals were ignored.
OK . . . *NOW* shit's gonna get real in Europe.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Pro-Russian source claiming evidence of Polish &Lithuanian peacekeeping force scheduled 22May

🇱🇹🇵🇱🇺🇦 Colleagues, we are tormented by vague doubts.

We are looking at a certain appeal addressed to the commander of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine Deineko with an official notification of the imminent entry of a joint Polish-Lithuanian peacekeeping contingent (up to 9,500 military personnel and 279 pieces of equipment) into the territory of Ukraine.

And thoughts visit us: was there a boy? Well, we do not believe that such notifications are running in the leaky Signal'e. No, we understand that Kim changed the password. But we assume that we were specifically shown what we want to see.

Brigadier General Shapovalov writes that the entry of the contingent is planned to be carried out at 4 am on May 22 through the Rava-Russkaya-Grebenne border crossing. The formal reason is the need to ensure the security of Ukraine.

Of course, we are filled with skepticism. But there are 12 days left. Let's wait shall we?

And if this is confirmed, the conflict will become quite interesting.
#Lithuania #Poland #Ukraine
@rybar

*Support us: 4377 7278 0407 7977

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#35]
When your invasion is going so bad you have to go after a Finnish tractor manufacturer. (Google translate)

Production at nekoski's Suolahti tractor plant is interrupted due to a cyber attack. The newspaper Keskisuomalainen tells about it .

Yle reached Valtra's CEO Jari Rautjrvi . He does not dispute the situation, but does not want to comment on it in any way.

According to Rautjrvi, the factory has a little over a thousand employees.

AGCO, the owner of the Suolahti tractor plant , has said it was the target of a cyber attack last Thursday . According to the press release, this is a blackmail malware that affects some of the Group's production facilities.

In the release, the Group estimates that the attack will affect operations for a few days, but it may take longer to restore services, depending on the remedial action.
View Quote

A cyber attack halted production at Valtra's plant
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Wow. They raped that Russian column!
View Quote

LOL at those reaining 3 or 4 who hightailed it back.  Those vehicles must stank bad after all those inside shitted in their pants.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#37]
The Weakness of Russian VDV Airborne Force Structure
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:22:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#38]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

As a reminder, bluegrasscardinal was the guy aggressively making fun of everyone who thought Russia was going to invade. Now he's aggressively ensuring everyone knows how much he hates Ukraine and wants them to be destroyed (oh, but Russia too!).

Something is off about him.
View Quote

Yea I commented about that on Pg 1912

ETA Seems the mods deleted his post cheering on Russia killing Ukrainian children
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By realwar:
First combat loss of a Russian T-90M tank by a Swedish delivered Carl Gustaf 8.4cm recoilless rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNqHaG85kL8
View Quote

Is the firing position outside the frame of the video?

If not, where is it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

More like lack of...
Whether they are broke or they just preferred not to spend on defense but for social welfare
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By 74HC:
I don't know why NATO countries have been hanging on T-72s all this time.  It's serious disadvantages, and ineffectiveness in combat was known and well-documented during the Gulf war.  That was way back in 1991.

Money.

More like lack of...
Whether they are broke or they just preferred not to spend on defense but for social welfare
They are playing their cards right in a poker game with the USA.  Our government decided to declare most of the M-1117 ASV as excess equipment and decided to donate those to Greece as military aid.  The kicker is once Greece takes that aid into inventory, it counts toward NATO GPD spending commitments.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
View All Quotes

Looks like it:

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:
1. Hope dickhead Putin nukes it all . Fuck Ukraine and Russia

2. Let NATO launch. Fuck them and Russia. Let’s see if their is nuclear winter. Burn the mother fucker down

The three of you expressing this, it’s a touch distressing.  We are part of NATO, so you really want things to go completely nuclear with a full release?  Or just want to see Ukraine and Russia wiped out?   Why the desire to Ukraine gone?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Somehow in Putin's plans to denazify Jewish lead Ukraine, the Romani have joined Ukrainian military to fight for the nazis?

View Quote

This might count as a win for Russia.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#45]

And? Just because you hand someone a gun doesn’t mean they become a fighting machine lol. Just more canon fodder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

They have a huge pool of reserves if Putin declares war. They could send millions of combatants into Ukraine if they do that.

And? Just because you hand someone a gun doesn’t mean they become a fighting machine lol. Just more canon fodder.

First man gets a rifle
Second man gets bullets
When first man falls, second man picks up rifle and shoots

Or w,stte
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Attachment Attached File

"Russian Tigr in our domestic camouflage"

View Quote

I always wonder why the Russians and the Ukrainians don't put some real camo on their equipment.

All the vehicles are standing out as dark spot in the terrain.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Downed Russian fighter jets are being found with basic GPS 'taped to the dashboards,' UK defense minister says
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Wrecked Russian fighter jets are being found with rudimentary GPS receivers "taped to the dashboards" in Ukraine because their inbuilt navigation systems are so bad, the UK defense minister said.

Speaking at the National Army Museum in London on Monday, Ben Wallace commemorated those who died in World War II and called Russia's invasion of Ukraine "senseless and self-defeating."

He also said there was evidence suggesting Russian military hardware was being pushed to breaking point by the invasion of Ukraine.

"'GPS' receivers have been found taped to the dashboards of downed Russian Su-34s so the pilots knew where they were, due to the poor quality of their own systems," he said.

"The result is that whilst Russia have large amounts of artillery and armor that they like parading, they are unable to leverage them for combined arms maneuver and just resort to mass indiscriminate barrages."

The Su-34 was first manufactured during the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, but is still one of Russia's leading fighter jets.

Ukraine has shared abundant evidence of what it says are Russia's attempts to patch over issues with old military equipment and bypass equipment shortages.

Last month, Ukrainian troops paraded a Russian drone that had been covered in duct tape and fitted with a generic plastic bottle top for a fuel cap. In late March, Ukrainian troops found Russian army bandages dating back to 1978 discarded on a battlefield.

In his Monday speech, Wallace also said Russian vehicles "are frequently found with 1980s paper maps of Ukraine in them" and that soldiers are using "pine logs as makeshift protection on logistical trucks" and attaching "overhead 'cope cages' to their tanks."

Russia held its annual May 9 "Victory Day" military parade in Moscow on Monday, but canceled the air force fly-by due to what it said was bad weather.

During his speech, President Vladimir Putin didn't declare all-out war on Ukraine as Western officials including Wallace had expected, instead praising the valor of Russian troops fighting in the eastern Donbas region and slamming NATO and the US.

There have been photos of Garmins bodged to the instrument panel of Sukhois  in Syria for years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Smoke from shelling of Azovstal visible from 12 kilometers away

The consequences of the assault on Azovstal are visible from a distance of 12 kilometers

Details: the defenders of Mariupol continue to hold the defense of Azovstal. The heaviest battles and air strikes turned the territory of the plant into ruins, the smoke from the fires can be seen from the Primorsky region.

#they will answer for this

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Looks like it:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSP0CfjXoAAIh84?format=png&name=900x900
View All Quotes

Looks like it:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSP0CfjXoAAIh84?format=png&name=900x900

We have a great thread on that going,  https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Diesel-shortage-3-days-reserve-usa-east-coast-/5-2551598/

We are in for a very hard rest of the year here in the states.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

translation?
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1914 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top