Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1954 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:15:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ParityError] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
Flares Chaff launches when the system perceives a threat based on conditions; IE-it receives the correct combination of RF transmissions that say the radar of a SAM has locked on.

Or the pilot hits a switch.
View Quote

FIFY.

Flares are an infrared countermeasure. They have no effect on radar guided SAMs.
Chaff is a radar countermeasure, used to confuse search and targeting radars.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kncook:

We’re they just dropping simple 60mm mortars?
View Quote

Too long and skinny. Some type of RPG.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

FIFY.

Flares are an infrared countermeasure. They have no effect on radar guided SAMs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ParityError:
Originally Posted By Jame_Retief:
Flares Chaff launches when the system perceives a threat based on conditions; IE-it receives the correct combination of RF transmissions that say the radar of a SAM has locked on.

Or the pilot hits a switch.

FIFY.

Certain acft have auto flare launch built into their IR counter measures. If the system detects a launch it can trigger the release
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
The formula shortage and Russian invasion are not related. Russia attempting to occupy a country did not cause the shortage nor was the amount of formula sent close enough to effect supply here.
View Quote

C'mom, man. Biden said Putin is responsible for all of our woes.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Shocking footage of Russian and DPR soldiers with local children!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:

C'mom, man. Biden said Putin is responsible for all of our woes.

View Quote
yeah he might be full of shit
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]
'ALL THE WAY TO SIBERIA'

RUSKA LOZOVA, Ukraine May 15 (Reuters) - (Note profanity in paragraph 2.)

While three of his men heaped dark soil into a chin-high berm to shield their trench, Ohor Obolenskiy gestured on Sunday across sun-dappled fields to a tree-clad ridge line sweeping the nearby horizon.

"We can see the Russian positions from here and say, 'Fuck you, Russians,'" the 35-year-old Ukrainian commander joshed in rough English, his grim face creasing into a wide grin.

The amalgam of National Guard and volunteers he leads seized Ruska Lozova in fierce fighting on May 8, four days into a counteroffensive that has thwarted Russia's bid to seize nearby Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city.

The counter-offensive has been Ukraine's most successful since it expelled Russian troops from the north of the country and the area around the capital Kyiv at the end of March, and signals a new turning point in the battle for the east.

For the first week, the troops in Ruska Lozova said, Russian shelling was so intense they only could move about the now-devastated village at night.

While they remain ever-alert to the high explosives regularly hurled by Russian artillery and tanks, Obolenskiy and his men made little effort to conceal themselves from the foe hunkered along the ridge line three kilometers away.

One reason, they said as Reuters toured their positions, was because the patchy cloud made it difficult for Russian drones to target their positions.

Another was because they believed the Russians, while trying to keep them pinned down, have been pulling their forces out in a withdrawal to their border. From there, they think, those troops are redeploying south to bolster a Russian drive to seize the entire Donbas region, which largely has stalled.

"There is less shelling from the Russians," said Mikhayl, one of Obolenskiy's lieutenants, giving only his nom de guerre as he sat in a basement ripe with the odor of the unbathed troops encamped in its gloom. "We think they are retreating."

Yet, the troops holding the village, deserted by all but a few of its 5,000 residents and a horde of abandoned cats and dogs, are not ready to celebrate what some media outlets have begun hailing as their victory in the Battle of Kharkiv.

They still are fighting the Russians - they lost two soldiers on Saturday - whose helicopter gunships search for their positions in low-level runs to avoid the U.S.-made Stinger missiles with which Obolenskiy's troops are armed.

Moreover, Obolenskiy and his aides said they remained concerned that despite high loses in men and equipment, Russian President Vladimir Putin could launch a new offensive against Kharkiv, 20 km south.

"We think it's possible that the Russians will come back," said Mikhayl, a large man who declined to reveal the contingent's total casualties. "Putin will never forgive us. It will be difficult for him to explain to the Russian people why his special operation is over."

Putin said that he launched what he called a special military operation on Feb. 24 to protect his nuclear-armed country from a threat posed by what he calls a fascist government in Kyiv. Kyiv and its foreign supporters call it an unprovoked war of aggression to subjugate Ukraine.

'ALL THE WAY TO SIBERIA'

The Ukrainians bunkered in deserted homes, cellars and garages around Ruska Lozova have no doubt that the Russian forces arrayed around the Kharkiv region will retreat across the border. But they disagreed about comes next, with several saying they want to take the fight into Russia.

"I want to go all the way to Novosibirsk. The videos that I have seen of what they have done leave me no choice," growled Mihkayl, referring to a city in Siberia, and to alleged war crimes committed by Russian forces against Ukrainians. Moscow denies targeting civilians.

Obolenskiy, however, said he is concerned that Russian forces will shell Ukrainian troops from inside their border in a deliberate ploy to trigger return barrages that would allow Putin to justify an escalation of the conflict to suck in NATO.

"Putin wants to start a war with NATO," said Obolenskiy, who believes an escalation should be avoided by creating 10 km-wide buffer zones on either side of the border.

The fighting for Ruska Lozova devastated the village that sits in a fold cut by the Lozovenka River through rolling hills north of Kharkiv. A bridge across the river has been smashed into two fire-blackened halves.

The detritus of war litters fields and rutted lanes pitted by shell craters and lined by destroyed and damaged homes.

A Russian T-72 tank captured by the Ukrainians in working condition sat in the shadows of a carport, ready for use against its original owners.

A young officer, who gave only the first name of Klem, walked briskly through untended orchards, taking a visitor into abandoned Russian bunkers littered with molding rations and military gear.

When the Russians advanced to the outskirts of Kharkiv in February, he said, the village was a rear base.

"Now," he said, "their frontline is in those trees, three kilometers away."
View Quote

Ukrainian troops holding destroyed village believe Russians withdrawing across border
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
NEW AUDIO - Moskva crewman calls for help after being hit by anti-ship missiles.

The Moskva's last moments: Audio recording reveals crew frantically calling for help from Putin's sinking flagship and saying 'communication with bridge is cut' as sirens blare

AUDIO

More

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

Is there a liner for evading thermal?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sentionaut:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Something like this would have stopped almost all of the HEAT based munitions destroying tanks, by providing standoff distance away from the tank top. Similar to the 'rpg cages' that were basically like chainlink fence; standoff distance kills the HEAT effect.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I621M6ZCBMw/Tdz01se6ymI/AAAAAAAACB0/-VNXHmCpsDs/s1600/116.JPG

Likewise, having a 'base' or trenchline covered by a series of tarps would frustrate aiming of the small grenade dropping drones, and would also prevent drones from flying directly into the trench. A loose tarp may also be soft enough to prevent some of the DIY impact detonators from going off.

TB2's Predators etc are a different story; thats basically the same as a regular air strike. Obviously a tarp wont work there, but infantry has survived the advent of the airstrike, mainly because there are a finite number of large air assets, and these are easier to detect.

Is there a liner for evading thermal?

A real military tarp would have thermal blocking; those are already on the market these days.

I suspect future wise, we'd see an anti drone tarp combining thermal blocking with a core of 1-2 layers kevlar to prevent gravity dropped munitions/drones from tearing through the tarp.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

A real military tarp would have thermal blocking; those are already on the market these days.

I suspect future wise, we'd see an anti drone tarp combining thermal blocking with a core of 1-2 layers kevlar to prevent gravity dropped munitions/drones from tearing through the tarp.
View Quote
So there will be an official issued Security Blanket SB-1, one each.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gODZOOKIE] [#13]
crazy. Rain of fire.
some kind of cluster fu$& bombs
Rain of fire hitting the Azovstal iron and steel works plant in besieged Mariupol
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By gODZOOKIE:
crazy. Rain of fire.
some kind of cluster fu$& bombs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw20xeLwDbk
View Quote

WP?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

WP?
View Quote

Yeap
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

If I was Zelensky I'd lease Snake Island for 99 years to the US for taget practice. Completly legal and binding under international law

Like this @0:15 and just repeat ad infinitum al legal like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcNt92VeKU @CIA @the fellow firearms enthusiasts here

View Quote

Love it. If we did lease it that would give us a legal right under the Montreux convention to transit the Bosporus and operate in the Black Sea, right?

We could also claim territorial sea/air around it and deny RU access. Would be a giant FU to Putin.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Russia estimated to have lost a third of its ground combat force in Ukraine - BBC News

Russia estimated to have lost a third of its ground combat force in Ukraine - BBC News
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

OOHH RRAAAHH
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ecophon:

Ukrainian forces reportedly destroyed the railway bridge between Severodonetsk and Rubizhne

Apologies if dupe but worth a rewatch:-)
View Quote

KA BOOOOOOM!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Whatever you do, don't go looking
I rabbit holed Phosphorus poisoning one evening and ended up wishing I had remained ignorant.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Willy Pete?

Willy Pete is a phonetic way to say WP.  And WP stands for White Phosphorus.  Which is a particularly nasty incendiary munition that if it lands on your skin, keeps on burning. I have no experience with this substance, but I have heard not only is it very difficult to put out, it burns deep into your flesh.
You have to deprive it of oxygen to put it out, which means water doesn't work.

Plenty of pics of its effects online.

Whatever you do, don't go looking
I rabbit holed Phosphorus poisoning one evening and ended up wishing I had remained ignorant.

Thanks, now I have to

Coming back atcha: whatever you do, don't go down the Unit 731 rabbit hole.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

Its the R18 octocopter.  Custom built by Ukrainians for sprinkling happiness over enemy positions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyCR:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

I’ve never seen one of those drop 4 munitions before. I think previously, 2 max. Nice increase in capability!

I was surprised to see that too.  I wonder if it was a heavier police type or commercial drone that could lift those.

Its the R18 octocopter.  Custom built by Ukrainians for sprinkling happiness over enemy positions.

Now I see, thanks!

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#22]

If I was Zelensky I'd lease Snake Island for 99 years to the US for taget practice. Completly legal and binding under international law

Like this @0:15 and just repeat ad infinitum al legal like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcNt92VeKU @CIA @the fellow firearms enthusiasts here

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Anybody see anything in this that says it's anything other than a throwdown Javelin tube?

Published footage with the destroyed landing of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the island of Snake

During the failed offensive, Ukrainian saboteurs used American Javelin ATGMs.

Since May 7, within two days, units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have made several desperate attempts to seize and restore control over the island of Snake. The operation that ended in a catastrophe for Kiev, conducted on the direct orders of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and contrary to the position of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, was deliberately planned on the eve of May 9.

Units of the special forces of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense on three armored landing and assault boats of project 58181 "Centaur" approached Zmeiny, having managed to land 24 saboteurs. By the concentrated fire of the servicemen on the island and the missile armament of the Russian Aerospace Forces aviation, all Ukrainian boats were hit and sunk, excluding the possibility of evacuating Ukrainian saboteurs in case of retreat.

In the course of a fierce battle, Russian servicemen drove the saboteurs to the water's edge and, as a result of a counterattack, all of them were destroyed. On the frames of the Ministry of Defense of Russia are the bodies of the dead special forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, on one - a belt with an anchor on a buckle, next to the American ATGM "Javelin".

The Russian Ministry of Defense reported details of the attempt of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to storm the island of Zmeiny. The attack began on May 7 with a bombing strike by three Ukrainian Su-24 bombers and landing from boats. On May 8, three Mi-8 transport and landing helicopters with special forces units to cover the Mi-24 support helicopter moved to the island.

On one of the Mi-8s was the Deputy Commander of the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for Aviation - the head of the Naval Aviation Department, Colonel Igor Bedzai. As a result of the strike of Russian fighters, the colonel was killed.

Stop posting long debunked russian propaganda. Thank you.

Now, that's a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By realwar:
NEW AUDIO - Moskva crewman calls for help after being hit by anti-ship missiles.

The Moskva's last moments: Audio recording reveals crew frantically calling for help from Putin's sinking flagship and saying 'communication with bridge is cut' as sirens blare

AUDIO

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/15/20/57843827-10818839-The_Ukrainian_military_published_the_audio_from_the_sinking_Mosk-a-21_1652643925802.jpg

More

View Quote
So that's what the video I saw earlier was.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Telegram. NSFW! Pretty gnarly video of a Russian BMD-3 crew after their vehicle exploded.

Telegram
View Quote

Jesus Christ. Well, if you want to be cured of any desire to visit Ukraine for the fighting, Spook's Telegram thread ought to do it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeap
View All Quotes

WP?

Yeap

Willie Pete - to f'k up anyone above ground.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Police arrest an occupier, collaborator I think. Faces 15 years.

Нацполіція затримала мешканця Київщини за державну зраду

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Jesus Christ. Well, if you want to be cured of any desire to visit Ukraine for the fighting, Spook's Telegram thread ought to do it.
View Quote

Yeah The Spook Telegram channel has a lot of gnarly shit. So many moldy, charred, decapitated, dismembered, torn apart, rotten, Russian corpses. Its beautiful
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#28]

WP?
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I don’t mind people having differing views but hold fuck Scott Ritter says some dumb ass shit mixed with Moscow talking points from time to time. Plus he can’t even be consistent. Is Moscow going to kill Zelensky or is Moscow only protecting Donbas.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ecophon:

Ukrainian forces reportedly destroyed the railway bridge between Severodonetsk and Rubizhne

Apologies if dupe but worth a rewatch:-)
View Quote

If true, it’s a decent indicator that UA isn’t planning an attempted counterattack or or supporting push anytime soon. Hopefully they are able to hold Severodonetsk or are smart enough to avoid another Mariupol and withdraw if needed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#31]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
I don’t mind people having differing views but hold fuck Scott Ritter says some dumb ass shit mixed with Moscow talking points from time to time. Plus he can’t even be consistent. Is Moscow going to kill Zelensky or is Moscow only protecting Donbas.
View Quote

Scott Ritter, the convicted wannabe kid-fucking piece of shit?

Dude is dead man walking and talking.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Telegram. NSFW! Pretty gnarly video of a Russian BMD-3 crew after their vehicle exploded.

Telegram

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#33]
https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/ukraine-kyrylo-budanov-vladimir-putin-russia/2022/05/14/id/1069864/

Ukraine Military Intelligence Chief: Coup Against Putin Underway

A coup to remove Russian President Vladimir Putin is underway and it is "impossible to stop it," according to Ukrainian Major Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, the country's military intelligence chief.

The defeat of Russia in Ukraine, Budanov explained to Sky News in an exclusive interview, will not only lead to Putin being removed, but also to disintegration.

"It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation," Budanov said. "This process has already been launched, and they are moving into that way."

And when the interviewer pressed if that means a coup of Putin is underway, Budanov replied: "Yes. They are moving in this way, and it is impossible to stop it."

He also told the interviewer, Putin is in a "very bad psychological and physical condition, and he is very sick," as he reportedly has cancer and other illnesses.

Budanov rejected suggestions he is spreading propaganda with such claims about Putin.

"It's my job; it's my work," he told Sky News. "If not me, who will know this?"
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Dumb question, but why does each artillery explosion seem to have 2 blast columns?  I’d have thought they would typically only have one blast column straight up?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]
Originally Posted By triode:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By triode:

WP?

Yeap

Thermite, or a magnesium based analog. Wreckshooter called this like three pages ago.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MadWoz:
Dumb question, but why does each artillery explosion seem to have 2 blast columns?  I’d have thought they would typically only have one blast column straight up?

View All Quotes

It's a good question, I can only assume its the type of fuse used and interaction with different terrain.   Hoping our artillery guys can explain better.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Now.....send those 155mm Howitzer rounds to Belograd.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Dealey Plaza Effect
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#39]

WP?
View Quote

Yep…waffles and pancakes or Willy P
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Most modern HE artillery rounds use an initiating charge and a main charge.  This is why HE howitzer impacts make a distinctive 'crump" sound when they impact.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Stupid speech. She ties a bunch of unrelated stuff togethers to make them seem related. She should pull her head out of her ass and take a look at what she is saying. Talking as if Ukraine and baby formula are one and the same is false.
View Quote
Pulled that speech straight from GD, or vice versus. Hard to tell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View Quote

. That's what our side wants. A string of buzzwords we heard in a video we received in an email that was forwarded 11 times.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

. That's what our side wants. A string of buzzwords we heard in a video we received in an email that was forwarded 11 times.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

My takeaway was that this "small government Conservative" thinks the FedGov should be spending billions on producing formula because the private sector isn't meeting demand. Sounds like your typical Big R Republican to me...

If she cared so much about the formula shortage, she'd be sponsoring a bill to fast track the FDA reopening the plant it shuttered instead of crying about Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sq40:
https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/ukraine-kyrylo-budanov-vladimir-putin-russia/2022/05/14/id/1069864/

Ukraine Military Intelligence Chief: Coup Against Putin Underway

A coup to remove Russian President Vladimir Putin is underway and it is "impossible to stop it," according to Ukrainian Major Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, the country's military intelligence chief.

The defeat of Russia in Ukraine, Budanov explained to Sky News in an exclusive interview, will not only lead to Putin being removed, but also to disintegration.

"It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation," Budanov said. "This process has already been launched, and they are moving into that way."

And when the interviewer pressed if that means a coup of Putin is underway, Budanov replied: "Yes. They are moving in this way, and it is impossible to stop it."

He also told the interviewer, Putin is in a "very bad psychological and physical condition, and he is very sick," as he reportedly has cancer and other illnesses.

Budanov rejected suggestions he is spreading propaganda with such claims about Putin.

"It's my job; it's my work," he told Sky News. "If not me, who will know this?"
View Quote

Again?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#45]
https://gordonua.com/news/crimea/nasilno-vyvezennyh-v-krym-ukrainskih-aktivistov-udaetsya-vozvrashchat-blagodarya-korrupcii-okkupantov-dzhemilev-1608996.html
Ukrainian activists forcibly taken to Crimea manage to return due to corruption of occupiers

Activists who are forcibly taken to Crimea by the Russians from the occupied regions of southern Ukraine manage to return thanks to the corruption of the invaders. The leader of the Crimean Tatar people, People's Deputy of Ukraine from European Solidarity Mustafa Dzhemilev announced this on the air of the telethon on May 15, Ukrayinska Pravda informs .
“Now the question is how to get these activists out. Well, thank God, traditional Russian corruption saves us a little there – we manage to “buy out” some of our fellow citizens,” he said.
The leader of the Crimean Tatar people noted that the issue price starts at $250 "depending on who to negotiate with."
“This is not possible with everyone. First, you need to negotiate, you need to know who is on duty there. Not a very simple operation. Well, I managed, for example, to ransom seven people,” Dzhemilev explained.
According to him, Ukrainian activists are usually kept under arrest by the Russian occupiers after being abducted and then taken to Russia, but "several cases of kidnapped Ukrainians are known to disappear without a trace."
Dzhemilev said that the invaders have lists of Ukrainians who need to be taken out. Among them are Crimean Tatars who left Crimea after the occupation in 2014.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Police arrest an occupier, collaborator I think. Faces 15 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx9FIiBGpnA
View Quote

I don't get why they are so lenient with these traitors who got people killed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Holly Cow! The 4th one hit the sweet spot. Driver should have bailed with his mates.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Holly Cow! The 4th one hit the sweet spot. Driver should have bailed with his mates.

Interesting that the drone was having a bit of a problem not zooming skyward. "EKF Primary Changed Z". Guess when you drop 3 out of 4 crazy heavy things in quick succession, it takes a little while for the control system to get back to an even keel. With the way the turrets have been launching themselves, I was a little surprised the last thing that drone saw wasn't a gun barrel headed straight for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Croak:

They're lobbing those rockets in and then banking away, and as they bank they have turn their hot engines towards any seeker heads the bad guys may have pointed at them, so popping flares gives them cover as they get back down on the deck.

That rocket lob technique is of of questionable effectiveness, turning the direct fire rockets into ballistic weapons, but it does give them a lot more stand off range and less exposure to ground fire and MANPADS.  First saw this used by Russian helicopters earlier in the conflict.  Probably better for morale than anything, grunts like knowing they have CAS.  Also makes for nice photo ops.
View Quote

I respectfully disagree, I believe they are using high threat tactics and striking a specific target after the pull-up and turn. They aren't going to waste munitions.

USAF Tactical Pattern | BSA Part 4 | DCS
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Lead-up to the border picture. Way, way too much talking and rah-rah going on there, but I guess they got it done.

The Kharkiv 227th Battalion of the 127th SRO Brigade crossed the border in the Kharkiv region
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1954 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top