Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1958 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
WIA are usually 3-5 times the KIA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Hking:

The fact that Russia has lost over a THOUSAND tanks and THREE THOUSAND APC's is just mind boggling to me.

ALso 27,000 dead soldiers

That's probably a very rosy estimate. But if it's even 50% of that, it's still an amazing disaster for Russia.

So they have around 25k dead.  That means they have 75k to 125k wounded
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Thank you,this on top of my mom dying is quite a lot on the old heart.

She isn’t an idiot,she’s a smart woman and yet this has worked on her. Stupid,stupid me could understand how the Russians wanted to buy influence at the NRA,groom some to appear on Russia Today and make them Russophile and then send them back to US media,how they fuck with us here and push fragmentary movements everywhere. I just feel like a damn fool to not have seen what was happening under my nose,I was unaware that the influence was so strong and that she was internalizing these ideas so deeply. I simply did not think people who were ostensibly pro-freedom would so quickly side with Russia,I certainly didn’t think it was going to happen to her. This is like some kind of supernatural punishment but better it happen now than later.

The crazy thing is she detests,absolutely can not stand,Russian men. She’s gonna have to go find one or maybe a MAGA hat wearer 🤷🏼‍♂️

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Damn, that's really shitty, especially on the heels of your loss of your mom. I genuinely hope things start looking up for you soon.

I really do wonder how this mass lack of critical thinking has taken hold. Critical thinking and common sense have always been in somewhat short supply but it really seems to have been slowly turned up to 11 in the last decade, bordering on some sort of mass psychosis. Psychology isn't my thing but this unraveling of our collective social fabric is quite scary, watching otherwise normal people around you go over the cliff so to speak. Thankfully I keep my real life social circle small and they've all been immune to it.

Thank you,this on top of my mom dying is quite a lot on the old heart.

She isn’t an idiot,she’s a smart woman and yet this has worked on her. Stupid,stupid me could understand how the Russians wanted to buy influence at the NRA,groom some to appear on Russia Today and make them Russophile and then send them back to US media,how they fuck with us here and push fragmentary movements everywhere. I just feel like a damn fool to not have seen what was happening under my nose,I was unaware that the influence was so strong and that she was internalizing these ideas so deeply. I simply did not think people who were ostensibly pro-freedom would so quickly side with Russia,I certainly didn’t think it was going to happen to her. This is like some kind of supernatural punishment but better it happen now than later.

The crazy thing is she detests,absolutely can not stand,Russian men. She’s gonna have to go find one or maybe a MAGA hat wearer 🤷🏼‍♂️

Food for thought;

Women are survivalist at their core.  She is probably doing the math in her head on the most survivable course if action.  She has likely convinced herself deep down that surrender or fleeing is her best chance.  Everything else is just support for that mindset.  

As a test, you could ask her if she wants to go on vacation to the east to get out of harms way for a bit.  I would guess she would do it in a heartbeat.  Offer to leave the country with her until the war is over, and I figure she will be onboard.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

A few things -

If you really believe that Ukraine isn't guilty of a bunch of the crap that was thrown at them and the Hunter Biden/other DNC relatives and families getting paid, I feel sorry for you.

If you really be believe that Russia is on some Christian and corruption fixing crusade, I feel sorry for you.

If you don't believe that Biden offered Zelenski a ride out, hoping war would kill and destroy a lot of evidence of their crimes, I feel sorry for you.

If you don't believe killing Russians is a righteous cause, and spending our money, not our blood, to do it there is good, I feel sorry for you.
View Quote

We can be friends. Well said.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

Usually, but much of this is unusual- personnel concentrated into poorly maintained vehicles that they’re not well trained on, baffling leadership choices, and the lack of battlefield medical support. The K/W ratio will almost certainly be skewed toward “K”.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By treelow:
McDowell's will be along shortly.
View Quote
All hail the golden arcs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
No Big Mac's for you!

• McDonald's said Monday it's quitting Russia after more than 30 years in the country.
  • The fast-food giant paused operations in Russia in March, shortly after the Ukraine invasion began.
  • McDonald's said it would sell to a local buyer and "de-arch" all its restaurants in Russia.

McDonald's is quitting Russia after 32 years in the country, citing the 'humanitarian crisis' caused by the Ukraine war
View Quote

I think i'm having McDonalds for Dinner tonight.  

BIG MAC ATTACK!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

A few things -

If you really believe that Ukraine isn't guilty of a bunch of the crap that was thrown at them and the Hunter Biden/other DNC relatives and families getting paid, I feel sorry for you.

If you really be believe that Russia is on some Christian and corruption fixing crusade, I feel sorry for you.

If you don't believe that Biden offered Zelenski a ride out, hoping war would kill and destroy a lot of evidence of their crimes, I feel sorry for you.

If you don't believe killing Russians is a righteous cause, and spending our money, not our blood, to do it there is good, I feel sorry for you.

Amen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mrrick:

have you had to buy formula? I bet not. shits hard to find.
that crazy bitch does have a  good point on THAT
View Quote

No...  the formula shortage has nothing to do with support for Ukraine.  It's 100% a self inflicted wound both because without Biden's idiocy, you would not need to stockpile for illegal invaders and the plant that they shut down would have been opened by now.

I'm not dismissing the pain and worry the shortage is causing Americans, but blaming the effort to help Ukraine defend themselves as the reason is the same as blaming Putin for high gas prices.  It's the Idiocy...
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Circuits:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
Originally Posted By treelow:
McDowell's will be along shortly.

IIRC, Putin said all trademark licensing agreements will not be honored. Or, something like that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

It's Russia though, apparently they just leave their wounded behind.

For the US, it's 3-5 times the KIA.

I bet their WIA is around 2 times the KIA.  Because, you know, Russians.

I remember one POW interview where a Russian was shot in the back and the leg, and his sergeant and another guy in his unit ran up to him laughing.  He's thinking he's going to be carried for medical care, instead they loot him of his ammo and run away laughing.
View Quote

Probably WIA in the Russian campaign have the same odds of survival as a soldier in our Civil War or maybe the original Crimean War.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krater] [#12]
CQB video.  

https://t.me/mertviorku/887

Sniper shooting at something from bolt action rifle (undetermined type).  Russian BMP-2 gets disabled within few dozen feet from trench. Ukrainians yell for Russians to surrender.  Russians open fire, sounds like a PKM?  Ukrainians use grenades and RPG.  More grenades are called for but everybody is out. *break in recording* Russians are dead.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By oswald01:

It may be that Russia's Special Military Operation in the Ukraine has shocked your SO to the point of considering the distinct possibility of a near term military operation entailing Estonia as part of a broader conflict with Russia. Not sure who said it, but nothing focuses ones thoughts quite so much as the imminent prospect of death.

Last Dec/Jan Putin put forward diplomatic proposals which he saw were needed to lead to written guarantees addressing Russia's security concerns vis a vis NATO. A large part of these proposals was the withdrawal of NATO to its 1997 boundaries. I imagine Putin saw the NATO Founding Act 1997 as a loose basis for this proposal. This of course was rejected out of hand by NATO.

Be that as it may, one might observe the Ukraine SMO as concrete proof that Putin was serious in not only stopping further NATO enlargement (Ukraine) which he saw as a red line existential threat, but may well remain committed to his stated goal of rolling back NATO to its 1997 borders.

As you may be aware, Estonia joined NATO after 1997 and are thus in Putin's eyes targeted as part of the NATO roll back. At this point NATO is committed to fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian. To do the same in the future regarding Estonia is no great leap.

Good luck.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By oswald01:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

It's been said by others but, the 4channing of ARFCOM.

Guess we've gotten a sneak peek of what that entails with Buffalo.

Unfortunately an awful lot of people have been very,very influenced by the Internet. My SO of 12 years and I are taking a break from each other now that may very well become permanent due to how much Jordan Peterson and Gad Saad and their social media circle has shaped her world view from being conservative to having moments of sheer crazy talk. It’s a horrible thing to essentially lose someone to the internet but I can not accept “you have to at least be skeptical,Ukraine is corrupt and has faked many things” when discussing mass murder. We are a tiny nation on Russia’s border,I don’t want to hear about “they have their security concerns too”. No.

This isn’t someone who had zero knowledge of history and geography,it’s a bright woman who latched on to the exact same talking points without thinking about them critically. It made me realize what caused this shift in her from being fairly conservative to complaining about Muslim immigration - there are next to none here - or homsexuals and such when I honestly don’t see them remotely being an issue in our society.

My overall take is that if she can be manipulated about these things then it would be very,very easy to convince her about our country and myself. I see too many ways for this war to go sideways and involve us but more to the point when she told me that the aid I’ve personally sent to UA is just prolonging the fighting and that they need to make concessions for peace it was just too much,this isn’t something she would have said a few months ago and quite frankly I’m terrified of the day she starts to go on about Globohomo and white replacement. It’s just too upsetting that I feel I lost someone to a virtual cult and here is the thing: I can say my piece but I get told I’m  wrong because a bunch of virtual opinions say so,it’s too insulting and ridiculous.

It makes it very easy to see how someone with little real world experience to temper things can take a bunch of shit far too literally. This is legitimately scary to me because if she can have her world view fucked by this then it it’s no wonder someone young with no real world experience can easily adopt the worst aspects of the far right rhetoric and act upon them.

It may be that Russia's Special Military Operation in the Ukraine has shocked your SO to the point of considering the distinct possibility of a near term military operation entailing Estonia as part of a broader conflict with Russia. Not sure who said it, but nothing focuses ones thoughts quite so much as the imminent prospect of death.

Last Dec/Jan Putin put forward diplomatic proposals which he saw were needed to lead to written guarantees addressing Russia's security concerns vis a vis NATO. A large part of these proposals was the withdrawal of NATO to its 1997 boundaries. I imagine Putin saw the NATO Founding Act 1997 as a loose basis for this proposal. This of course was rejected out of hand by NATO.

Be that as it may, one might observe the Ukraine SMO as concrete proof that Putin was serious in not only stopping further NATO enlargement (Ukraine) which he saw as a red line existential threat, but may well remain committed to his stated goal of rolling back NATO to its 1997 borders.

As you may be aware, Estonia joined NATO after 1997 and are thus in Putin's eyes targeted as part of the NATO roll back. At this point NATO is committed to fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian. To do the same in the future regarding Estonia is no great leap.

Good luck.

Heh. You really want to take the US head on? That is a great way to make it happen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By zach_:

IIRC, Putin said all trademark licensing agreements will not be honored. Or, something like that.
View Quote

McDowells FTW!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

Wishful thinking. Ya not getting in while there is active conflict.

Also, Zelensky already thumbed his nose at nato once before.

I have concerns that Ukr will be just like turkey in 10 years and stab everyone in the back as some goofball takes over.
View Quote

Could have been a veiled threat to Russia that Article 5 might still be in play.  Gives them something to think about.  There is no other reason to make a statement like that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

New Lada/Technical/MRAP for Ivan...

I guess they had to do something rapid to replace the APCs getting smoked. Looks sorta like some of the South African stuff. Wonder if it will stop an RPG?
View Quote

Interesting. Those 30mm are being used a lot to chew each other up very effectively.

Hopefully will be used by poorly trained Russians using the same tactics that send those new turrets into low orbit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

You are dropping a lot of names.  I've not seen anything pro-Russian invasion from Peterson but the opposite.
https://youtu.be/Ys2zTL-b3eE

Mike

View Quote

I have zero reason at all to invent anything,I wish that I could. Over the years I have only ever said what an amazing and wonderful woman she is on here.

I’m not in the frame of mind to look this up but one evening’s disagreement was one of  Peterson’s  guests who was going on about the reasons to let this war be a Russian and Ukrainian,effectively internal, matter which only has one possible end. That isn’t even so much the point but rather the conversations she has been having in groups dedicated  to him on social media that don’t simply have his ideas but those directly in line with Owens,discussion of Tucker Carlson and so forth that take one idea: America first and then expand it to why it would be prudent to be anti-Ukraine. Again,I have zero reason at all to lie. I dearly and deeply wish that we did not have discussions such as why it is imprudent to take something like the executions in Bucha at face value or that the perspective of Ukraine being “Little Russia” should be taken into account and these are ideas passed around this bunch.

Honestly,I could show texts from whenever she started getting into this that were completely innocuous and I didn’t think anything negative would result from it. Hell,this is me sharing something about Peterson’s publishing stuff having a fit over his new book. She was very,very excited to read it and was telling me about such so I shared a tweet over that happening. I didn’t have any opposition to this or how she would just talk about whatever in these groups the same as chatting on Arf. I have explained this many times but will because it’s silly: we both work in English so it became our daily language at home for everything except TV and groceries. TV was watched in Estonian and grocery lists would start with leib,piim,või but we mostly speak and message in English

Attachment Attached File

This grew into becoming a tiny Tucker Carlson. She is quite honestly the only,single person I know here with these viewpoints. It’s absolutely incredible but I ended up with the only Estonian “ultra MAGA” thanks to the Internet. It fully makes so many posts here make so much more sense as to how America First became “anything any Democrat or RINO supports must be part of the globalist agenda”.

I won’t post any more about this but do think it is germane to topic in how and why opinions are formed and how quickly a new narrative can be adopted with plenty of fervor.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Krater:
CQB video.  

Sniper shooting at something from bolt action rifle (undetermined type).  Russian BMP-2 gets disabled within few dozen feet from trench. Ukrainians yell for Russians to surrender.  Russians open fire, sounds like a PKM?  Ukrainians use grenades and RPG.  More grenades are called for but everybody is out. *break in recording* Russians are dead.
View Quote

Your link took me to some captured Ukrainians in the back of a van
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Ukrainian Soldier:

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View All Quotes
CQB video.  

Same channel, wrong post. Just scroll up a couple.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd4XtwmEdPc
Stupid speech. She ties a bunch of unrelated stuff togethers to make them seem related. She should pull her head out of her ass and take a look at what she is saying. Talking as if Ukraine and baby formula are one and the same is false.

I wonder if anyone told her about how many Chinese immigrants have a side hustle buying up baby formula powder and selling it online to people back in China because nobody there trusts the Chinese producers not to put things in it that will kill thier children because profit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

As both of you know, I have posted dozens of times with details on the Kremlin operation to capture the hardcore conservative right and that it started around 2005. Now, there are dozens of popular conservative celebrities who are duped with an alternative view of political events for the past 20 years which reinforce/dovetail all current propaganda.  And, then there are the thousands of minor conservative wannabe websites which parrot all the BS from the others they wish to be. People gave me shit here because I kept bringing it up but now I think many see just how serious this is. The problem is that to recognize what is really going on one must be very well read (like books) in history and politics and the vast majority of conservatives are not other than websites with 500-word articles.

If we ever did go to war directly with Russia, don't be surprised if many of these so-called patriot websites wouldn't outright call for Americans to fight for Russia.
View Quote

It's not just the Russians running dis-info ops on conservatives. 95% of the skepticism over Ukraine comes from our own demo-commies using Ukraine as a slush fund and money laundering OP since before 2014.

Convincing some American conservatives that Ukraine is worth our interest and tax dollars is Kinda like trying to convince ya'll that 2016 and 2020 was filled with fraud.  Both can be true at the same time!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Sure about that? I just double (and triple) checked, it goes where it's supposed to go.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Balu:

Don't take this as kicking you when you are down, as I sympathize with you and realize that losing someone over BS like that sucks. But, I think your (perhaps partly emotional) lumping all conservatives, and all "MAGA hat wearers", into the pro-Russian category is painting with a wide brush. Way too wide. Yes, there exists a segment of the right that are susceptible to all kinds of propaganda, for example the Q cult segment. These people will believe anything, especially if it aligns with a pre-conceived notion they have. But this does not describe all conservatives. Not even close. The percentage of conservatives who bought Russian propaganda is also small. Yes, they exist but they are not the majority. I'm an America First, small government, Constitutional conservative that voted for Trump twice (yes I know Trump is not really a conservative, voting is always a choice between two imperfect candidates). I'm against Russian imperial expansion. I'm not buying the Kremlin excuses and lies. I realize Russia has been an adversary to the US (and also to most of its neighbors) my entire life. So, there's no one-size-fits-all template for conservatives. I know far more people in my circles that share my views on this topic than the ones who parrot Russian talking points, although strangely those exist. The few I ran into that bought the Kremlin lies I try to convince them otherwise when given the opportunity. Some are willing to listen and a few are absolutely too far gone.
View Quote

Very well stated.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#25]
Putin walking back Finland and Sweden objection, now it’s “no NATO infrastructure there”.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#26]
30 volunteer "drone unit" stops orchs early on

Volunteers - No Funding - Kills Orchs
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]
There is some talk about draft notices going up for women in the DPR/LPR.

I mean, for "protecting ethnic Russians from the Ukrainian Nazis" there is some serious irony here....
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#28]
This one's on the house treaty.

The Savonlinna-based brewery made the final decision to go ahead with the idea over the weekend.

As Finland takes the initial steps in applying for Nato membership, a small brewery has launched a new Nato-branded beer.

Dubbed Otan (the French variation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization), the beer's blue label features a cartoon figure wearing a metal armour suit, emblazoned with the Nato flag's compass symbol.

The beverage is made by Olaf Brewing, a firm based in Savonlinna, and marks the company's first foray into world events, at least in marketing terms.

"In the past we haven't taken much of a stand in political affairs. Now, however, the majority of Finns are behind the Nato decision. That's why we dared to take such a step, and it didn't really require a lot of daring, we just decided to do it," the company's CEO Petteri Vnttinen said.

The company had been considering rolling out a Nato-branded beer for some time, but the final decision was reached over the weekend as it became clear that Finland was officially applying to become members of the military alliance.

"We wouldn't have done it if we didn't think it was good for Finland and Finland's security," Vnttinen explained, noting that it is easy for small breweries to make quick decisions.

"Never again"

The brewery's location in Savonlinna also played a role in the birth of its Nato-branded beer, as the southeast town was bombed by Russian planes during World War II. Vnttinen said that his grandmother still remembers the bombs exploding in the city centre.

"We hope that after the Nato decision, such events will never have to be seen again in Savonlinna or Finland," Vnttinen said.

The company's new beer has seen a large amount of interest from shopkeepers and restaurants.

"The phone has been ringing all morning and people have been asking 'when can you deliver?'" he explained. "It's pretty wild."

Riikka-Maria Lemminki, the head of Marketing Finland, said she was not aware of any other Nato-branded marketing campaigns in Finland. But she likes the idea.

"The majority of people are pro-Nato, so I think marketers will stick to it," she said, noting that smaller firms are able to move more quickly than their larger competitors because they don't need to think about their decisions from absolutely every angle.

However, the beer's French name, 'Otan,' could theoretically be problematic in terms of Finland's strict policies on the marketing of alcohol, as the Finnish word means "I will have."

"It's a bit of a grey area there. A lawyer or communications representative should probably take a look at where the line is  whether you want to say Nato is French or whether you are encouraging people to have a beer," Lemminki noted.
View Quote

Finnish brewery launches Nato branded beer
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By doc540:
30 volunteer "drone unit" stops orchs early on

Volunteers - No Funding - Kills Orchs
View Quote

Great read.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

Wishful thinking. Ya not getting in while there is active conflict.

Also, Zelensky already thumbed his nose at nato once before.

I have concerns that Ukr will be just like turkey in 10 years and stab everyone in the back as some goofball takes over.
View Quote

Nations do not have friends, nations have interests.
It’s the same reason why Turkey has thus far been surprisingly cooperative with Ukraine and NATO when they didn’t “have” to be.  They’re doing so because it is in their interests.   Achieving a position to deal with Assad/Syria, a client state propped up by Russia, is in Turkey’s interests due to the stalled pipeline that greatly benefits them, not because Ukraine is “their friend.”  To achieve this Russia has to be distracted/weakened.  Holding up Finland and Sweden’s membership to extract cooperation on “the kurdish issue” is in Turkey’s interests.  And I bet they get that addressed too.
Ukraine wants to 1) survive, and prior to 2/24 I could forgive them for believing that their survival was a negotiable position for much of Europe and the US.  Even after 2/24, parts of NATO have done as little as possible for them.  Why?  Because it wasn’t in those countries’ interests *cough*Germany*cough* to do so, at least as they saw it initially.  Even now there are clearly NATO leaders (Macron) who would trade Ukraine’s sovereignty for “peace in our time.”
Calling Ukraine out for a hypothetical future “stab in the back” is ridiculous.  Ukraine needs to do what is in Ukraine’s interests to do.  Every nation does that whether they say it outright or not.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
There is some talk about draft notices going up for women in the DPR/LPR.

I mean, for "protecting ethnic Russians from the Ukrainian Nazis" there is some serious irony here....
View Quote

I’m hearing rumors both sides intend to ramp up force levels this summer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#32]
CQB video.  

View Quote

Was that a nest full of eggs when they walked to the BMP?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I’m hearing rumors both sides intend to ramp up force levels this summer.
View Quote

This was two weeks ago in western UA
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Prime:

This was two weeks ago in western UA
View Quote

Fight the Russians now (and maybe die) or die with your hands tied behind your back later.   Its really that simple for the Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#35]

fuck Erdogan
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Keep in mind how many people in the US have fallen victim to that - the numbers are staggering.

Therein lies the biggest disaster of the Trump legacy: The number of deluded people he left behind that fell for the nonsense he spouted. I only came to that realization AFTER he left office and saw the damage he had done to the people on the conservative/right side of the spectrum. Nobody uses critical thinking anymore. They believe what they want to believe and anything counter to the truth is dismissed as fake news. We all know how it goes. It's going to take years to undo the damage.
View Quote

Yep, it’s sad.  Many of these probably (intellectually) know the truth, but admitting you made a serious error in judgment is incredibly hard to do.  For some it’s impossible.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

The fact that Russia has lost over a THOUSAND tanks and THREE THOUSAND APC's is just mind boggling to me.

ALso 27,000 dead soldiers

That's probably a very rosy estimate. But if it's even 50% of that, it's still an amazing disaster for Russia.

Wonder how many kids are from the Russians shooting their wounded buddies.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#38]

I have zero reason at all to invent anything,I wish that I could. Over the years I have only ever said what an amazing and wonderful woman she is on here.

I’m not in the frame of mind to look this up but one evening’s disagreement was one of  Peterson’s  guests who was going on about the reasons to let this war be a Russian and Ukrainian,effectively internal, matter which only has one possible end. That isn’t even so much the point but rather the conversations she has been having in groups dedicated  to him on social media that don’t simply have his ideas but those directly in line with Owens,discussion of Tucker Carlson and so forth that take one idea: America first and then expand it to why it would be prudent to be anti-Ukraine. Again,I have zero reason at all to lie. I dearly and deeply wish that we did not have discussions such as why it is imprudent to take something like the executions in Bucha at face value or that the perspective of Ukraine being “Little Russia” should be taken into account and these are ideas passed around this bunch.

Honestly,I could show texts from whenever she started getting into this that were completely innocuous and I didn’t think anything negative would result from it. Hell,this is me sharing something about Peterson’s publishing stuff having a fit over his new book. She was very,very excited to read it and was telling me about such so I shared a tweet over that happening. I didn’t have any opposition to this or how she would just talk about whatever in these groups the same as chatting on Arf. I have explained this many times but will because it’s silly: we both work in English so it became our daily language at home for everything except TV and groceries. TV was watched in Estonian and grocery lists would start with leib,piim,või but we mostly speak and message in English

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/24783039-E64E-4B59-A053-FBEBCF389D18_jpe-2386017.JPG

This grew into becoming a tiny Tucker Carlson. She is quite honestly the only,single person I know here with these viewpoints. It’s absolutely incredible but I ended up with the only Estonian “ultra MAGA” thanks to the Internet. It fully makes so many posts here make so much more sense as to how America First became “anything any Democrat or RINO supports must be part of the globalist agenda”.

I won’t post any more about this but do think it is germane to topic in how and why opinions are formed and how quickly a new narrative can be adopted with plenty of fervor.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

You are dropping a lot of names.  I've not seen anything pro-Russian invasion from Peterson but the opposite.
https://youtu.be/Ys2zTL-b3eE

Mike

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/24783039-E64E-4B59-A053-FBEBCF389D18_jpe-2386017.JPG

Right, because GD on Arf, a website that averages 4000-6000 concurrent users, is a perfect microcosm of the US, a country with 330,000,000+ people or even the 80,000,000 or so of one particular loose political affiliation.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#39]
CQB video.  

View Quote
Rifle is a Sauer 100
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

fuck Erdogan
View Quote

Does the vote have to be unanimous?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

No...  the formula shortage has nothing to do with support for Ukraine.  It's 100% a self inflicted wound both because without Biden's idiocy, you would not need to stockpile for illegal invaders and the plant that they shut down would have been opened by now.

I'm not dismissing the pain and worry the shortage is causing Americans, but blaming the effort to help Ukraine defend themselves as the reason is the same as blaming Putin for high gas prices.  It's the Idiocy...
View Quote
Mentioning the formula shortage and Ukraine in the same breath are the height in cognitive dissonance.

The formula issue is caused by the general COVID supply chain issues and the fact a Similac factory in Saganaw Michigan got shut down due to contaminations.... The border->formula thing makes slightly more sense, but even then I can't imagine that the number of tractor trailers that took formula there is that high. But I digress, it seems that people want to tack on a lot of administration issues to something that is totally disassociated with it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

fuck Erdogan

yes
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

That same probably majority of old people (I say probably because we really don't know) also gets their news from state media and knows no other way. I'm not excusing it- I know a couple of these people and it's no less disgusting. Yes, I agree Russia as a nation always chooses authoritarianism- for the last 20 years it's been a...sort of softer authoritarianism, and is now getting "stronger" and pushing those young people out. What else can they really do? They're unarmed. They've always been unarmed.
So they leave, or they suffer in silence (another very Russian thing to do).
Ultimately my point is that there are a significant number of Russians that are NOT like what we're seeing these animals in Ukraine do. Remember, even a lot of those guys have surrendered, and supposedly refused to follow orders- whether out of self preservation or conscience, nobody knows.
View Quote

I hope for Russia’s sake they can accomplish change without suffering utter defeat, but I am highly skeptical.
That said, the Russians in the middle of that mess who do what is right no matter the cost have my utmost respect.  It’s easy to make the right choice when there are no consequences involved.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#44]

It's not just the Russians running dis-info ops on conservatives. 95% of the skepticism over Ukraine comes from our own demo-commies using Ukraine as a slush fund and money laundering OP since before 2014.

Convincing some American conservatives that Ukraine is worth our interest and tax dollars is Kinda like trying to convince ya'll that 2016 and 2020 was filled with fraud.  Both can be true at the same time!
View All Quotes

As both of you know, I have posted dozens of times with details on the Kremlin operation to capture the hardcore conservative right and that it started around 2005. Now, there are dozens of popular conservative celebrities who are duped with an alternative view of political events for the past 20 years which reinforce/dovetail all current propaganda.  And, then there are the thousands of minor conservative wannabe websites which parrot all the BS from the others they wish to be. People gave me shit here because I kept bringing it up but now I think many see just how serious this is. The problem is that to recognize what is really going on one must be very well read (like books) in history and politics and the vast majority of conservatives are not other than websites with 500-word articles.

If we ever did go to war directly with Russia, don't be surprised if many of these so-called patriot websites wouldn't outright call for Americans to fight for Russia.

95%? LOL! I will agree with you that democrats spending billions of dollars in Ukraine fuels this but you stating that only 5% of the anti-Ukrainian attitude is from pro-Kremlin propaganda is waaaaay off. As far as these "money laundering" accusations - PLEASE POST PROOF - otherwise this is bullshit.

Funny how one could hear the crickets chirp from the conservatives bitching about Ukraine when Trump signed over almost 40 billion a year for the next 10 years to Israel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#45]

fuck Erdogan
View Quote

The US will dangle the F-35's in front of them again, like a multi-billion dollar carrot, and all the problems will go away.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#47]

95%? LOL! I will agree with you that democrats spending billions of dollars in Ukraine fuels this but you stating that only 5% of the anti-Ukrainian attitude is from pro-Kremlin propaganda is waaaaay off. As far as these " money laundering accusations - PLEASE POST PROOF - otherwise this is bullshit.

Funny how one could hear the crickets chirp from the conservatives bitching about Ukraine when Trump signed over almost 40 billion a year for the next 10 years to Israel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#48]

fuck Erdogan
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
The problem is that the lack of reasoning among many here in GD will proliferate to MANY OTHER AREAS.

Say 2 years from now... How much of GD will be against defending Taiwan because Biden did business in China? Imagine the line of discussion: "We shouldn't get involved in the military invasion of Taiwan because Biden is Xi's Puppet. He wants us to fight the Chinese, then stand down lose, and get annexed too!" "Australia isn't our friend! Kamala has investments there!" and so on.

The enemy will use every possible line of reasoning to distract and disinvolve us from their campaigns. I have absolutely NO doubt the Chinese are looking at how effective Russian Psyops are against the right wing, and will be taking some of that sweet, sweet Antifa money and put it towards more right-wing publications. Heck, I've seen Epoch (which is insanely anti-CCP) run so much anti-UA stuff, it scares me to think how easy the Chinese are going to run an end-around to mitigate them with controlled opposition in the years to come.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Putin walking back Finland and Sweden objection, now it’s “no NATO infrastructure there”.

View Quote

Eh.  Don’t trust Putin when he walks this back.  In Russia’s mind, losing Finland to NATO is more threatening than Ukraine.  It’s close to St. Petersburg and a lot of valuable stuff in northern Russia.  They would be trying to do something about it, if they could afford to.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1958 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top