Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1970 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1stID:

The US fought for 20 years in Afghanistan, spent a trillion dollars, and were kicked out by a bunch of goat hearder in sandals.  Maybe temper a bit on who can do what.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Moar Javelin food I hope.

I've been bingeing YouTube about the T-90 and other Ruski tanks.

The pre conflict hype fest sure has been debunked. Watching those vids makes that Ruski stuff out to be able to go toe to toe with the full power of the US armed forces while in reality they are getting completly fucked over by farmers of a relativly poor country.

The US fought for 20 years in Afghanistan, spent a trillion dollars, and were kicked out by a bunch of goat hearder in sandals.  Maybe temper a bit on who can do what.

We weren't kicked out.  We "elected" a feckless leader who unceremoniously had us withdraw after the prior 3 leaders failed to direct the military to come up with a victory plan (with the majority of the blame falling on Bush and Obama).
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kilroymcb:
Oh gods sake, do we really need to hear a lecture about how the American military was beaten by goat herders with sandals again? Your historical perspective is skewed. The US military wasn't fighting in Afghanistan for years. Nor should they have been.

Afghanistan had its own government and military. At what point does the security of a country become their own problem? Absolutely sick of you silly fucks.

If we'd wrecked the place and left after the Taliban was kicked out in 2001 and they came back into power 3-4 years later, would you say the US military got its butt kicked? Stop getting your talking points from reddit.
View Quote

When we pulled out of Afghanistan (what a cluster). More cops had been killed on the job in Chicago than soldiers killed in combat in Afghanistan the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:

What is the record now? 5th floor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Hopefully their turrets are more aerodynamic and launch to even greater heights.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Aren't they like 70K per shell?!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

I wonder if a man could get one with the appropriate stamps?  A few pallets of Excalibur rounds would complete the set.  Perfect for securing acrrage.

Id love to see the Sheriffs face when you came in to get your Form 4 signed off for a million plus dollars worth of guided munitions.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

With a caveat that our fighting forces was handicapped by policy makers in DC turning a counter-terrorist battle into a complete clown show. Look at the beginning of Afghanistan 9/11.
Special operations, battlefield intelligence, air supremacy-absolute enemy devastation. Direct action warfare where we dictate the terms, large conventional warfare, we do it the best in the world.

When your ROE gets turned around 180. When you go from running offensive operations to turning a stone age civilization into a modern western democracy things go wrong real fast. Now your bogged down in a guerilla warfare environment. Your passing on pre mission planning and operation details with corrupt Afghan leadership who passes it on to the Taliban. I could go on and on, but the guys who truly operated over there know what I'm talking about. I know a lot of Americans at home were just watching a utter shit show, they see a wasted 20 years. And in many ways I agree. Specially with dead mates over there. But when we "operated" the way we wanted to, we fucked them up.

In a war with Russia, it would be a large scale conflict with a shit ton of assets, Americans would fight the war they are good at, and yeah it would not be even close. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

We shoved their face in shit got bored left the keys on the table and walked out.

Our tangible military capability is not in question there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Circuits:
FY2021 budget shows them at $118.2k per shell. While technically legal with DD tax stamps, it's doubtful Bofors would sell you any.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By sq40:I wonder if a man could get one with the appropriate stamps?  A few pallets of Excalibur rounds would complete the set.  Perfect for securing acrrage.
Oh.  Well..  maybe if I win the powerball then.
FY2021 budget shows them at $118.2k per shell. While technically legal with DD tax stamps, it's doubtful Bofors would sell you any.

After seeing what Ben has gone through to have a single grenade, I bet you’re right.  Virtually impossible.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

We weren't kicked out.  We "elected" a feckless leader who unceremoniously had us withdraw after the prior 3 leaders failed to direct the military to come up with a victory plan (with the majority of the blame falling on Bush and Obama).
View Quote

Child please.  When you have to rely on the goodwill of the side you lost to (the Talliban), to keep the single, indefensible airport (Kabul airport could have been shut down at any time by 3 dudes with a motar) open to get your embassy staff out, you were kicked out.  You sound like Kevin Kline in "A Fish Called Wanda".  "We didn't lose, it was a tie!".

And to listen to the military during the time frame of 2001 to 2022, everything was going to plan, and things were going good.  To have said otherwise would have been to ruin your career, and the prospect of that sweet, sweet star on your hat, followed by an even sweeter lobby job with a defense contractor after your retirement.  I mean Slow Joe is an idiot who wears diapers and shits himself, but he was just saying what Miley and Austin and every other milter leader told him about how long it was going to take to have the country taken over.  And all those same worthless military leaders would be the same ones in change of any future war the US gets in.

There's no reason to derail a Russo-Ukraine war thread for a recap of the Afgan war loss (too late?) but, as the Romans would have someone say "All fame is fleeting" to their conquering hero during a Triumph, the US needs a bit of grim realism for how difficult war is, and how infrequent we've won them for the past 77 years.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Twitter OSINT sources are claiming Ukrainians are 7km away from Vovchans'k which is the main supply hub to Izyum. Its riiiight on the border of Russia.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vovchans'k,+Kharkiv+Oblast,+Ukraine/@50.18413,36.7724451,9.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4126f0c2a341bfa5:0x16d34498bcba6acc!8m2!3d50.284234!4d36.9329429
View Quote

I wonder if either 1)Ukraine is spreading false information to hide the real counter-offensive or 2)Is Ukraine’s counteroffensive wider than is being reported?  Yesterday there was significant speculation that Ukraine was passing on a shot at Vovchansk to make a more direct effort at northern Izyum.  This report indicates that both may be true.  Maybe they’re launching a delaying attack on Izyum to prevent the BTGs south of Izyum from retreating in time to get out of the salient or save Vovchansk?
I’ve been watching this area since Izyum “fell” and this whole series of events very much feels like a Ukrainian masterplan in action.
Take Vovchansk and shit will get real fast.  Supplies and communications for 20% of Russia’s forces in Ukraine go through that town.  If they can take and hold, watch out for bigger developments, like NBC use by Russia, or Putin being overthrown.  Or both.
I honestly wonder how much information Russian commanders on the ground have?  Are the BTG commanders aware they’re in a bad spot?  Is the Russian command withholding info?  Does the Russian command even know?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:27:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#10]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

"With eyes on target"  can that be done via a drone?   If a drone identifies a target can it send info and/or specific co-ordinates back and have the target hit?    I understand they can walk/re-direct artillery but can it be done with a first strike via co-ordinates from a drone?

Thanks in advance.

One side-note.  If the Russians announced Putin is gravely ill and a few days later claimed he was dead.  Even with a burial, what percent of the people would believe he was actually dead?  Conspiracy nuts would have a field day with that one for decades.
View Quote

Depends on what you mean by "send back."

15 years ago you could look at the plasma screen and write it down on a piece of paper, yell at the JTAC or FSO on the other side of the room, or write it down and speak it into a radio or phone.  

Doing call for fire with the drone as the forward observer? Sure.  Park the fire support officer or the battery commander in front of the screen, go get a cup of coffee.  If  the UAV operator who can geolocate things down to one meter sits next to the artillery guy who can destroy shit plus or minus a couple dozen feet, give them chairs, introduce them to each other and tell them to be friends.  Magic happens.  You dont need to buy Super Turcanos or other happy horseshit either.

Is there a digital way to push the digits to the guns?  I dunno. Could be.  But if your TOC is well organized that wont speed things up much as you still need people in the loop.  You still want to plot it on the map and confirm that the target is enemy, so slowing the process down a little isnt a bad thing.

This truck is at 36 40' 05" north; 15 39' 28" west.   A drone with a laser rangefinder, gyro, and GPS is older then many posters here. Shadow, pred, reaper..... That grid, including degrees, minutes, seconds, is accurate to approx 100 feet. Or have the computer jockey convert it to a ten digit grid.  If the artillery is doing its job with respect to accurate fire, this target is dead.  

And if the shell misses, lase, get a 10 digit grid of where the shell lands and pass the correction back over to the guns.  That's very helpful as well.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Lol, deciding to finally fucking leave does not equal kicked out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Lol, deciding to finally fucking leave does not equal kicked out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Live babbling on Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqDf2RXQjA
View Quote

Cool, now they can cut their defense spending in half and lean on Uncle Sugar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]

The US spent 20 years moving from a Cold War, defense of Europe mindset to being all about 3rd world insurgences.  We still lost in Afgan, and in Iraq as well - a war won by Iran.  The US is about the last country right now to be crowing about another country's tough slough in a war.

Plus with the turds at the leadership of the US Military, I wouldn't trust fools like the traitor Miley to win anything.

Lots of Smug Satisfaction! on how the Russians are doing, when the US track record for actually winning wars is the O-fer since WWII.  I had a part of one of those ties myself.  

War is much, much harder that anything thinks it's going to be.  The enemy has a vote in your plans as well.  

For all the thumbnail sketching of blown off turrets or articles from the UK Sun (same level of accuracy as a supermarket checkout mag), the Russians are slowly, ploddingly, grinding things out on the eastern front.  

Is it going slow?  Yes.  Are they losing lots of troops and equipment?  Yes.  Do they care about that?  No.  A big mistake in war is to think that what bothers you will bother your enemy.  Now if the US was losing as much as the Russians are, we'd have quit two months ago - see Somalia, where one big battle caused the US to retreat and run away, errr, re-deploy.

This war is shaping up very similar to the Finn/Russian Winter War.  The Russians stumbled around at the start, losing a lot of troops in a failed effort to capture the capital.  They fired / killed off the worthless generals, moved up some better ones, then relied on their numbers, and especially their powerful artillery to win a war of attrition.  Finland finally had to settle for an agreement where they gave up more land than if they'd agreed to what the Soviets originally demanded prior to the war (not to say that the Soviets would have kept to that agreement either).

I expect the same here.  The Russians will capture most of the east part of Ukraine, fortify their positions, and consider things done.  Ukraine may babble on about re-capturing all of their losses, including the pipe dream of the Crimea as well, but that will just for western ears to keep the flow of money coming into the country, all the more to steal.  Ukraine will kick back enough taxpayer money to the US's ruling class to keep it flowing as well - or did you think it was an accident how much Hunter Biden made from Ukrainian companies?

View Quote

How confident are you in these expectations?   Care to make a wager?

I think the Russians will be lucky to get out of this war with what territory they started with (as of February 2022)
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:33:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#15]
Originally Posted By zx2man:

With a caveat that our fighting forces was handicapped by policy makers in DC turning a counter-terrorist battle into a complete clown show. Look at the beginning of Afghanistan 9/11.
Special operations, battlefield intelligence, air supremacy-absolute enemy devastation. Direct action warfare where we dictate the terms, large conventional warfare, we do it the best in the world.

When your ROE gets turned around 180. When you go from running offensive operations to turning a stone age civilization into a modern western democracy things go wrong real fast. Now your bogged down in a guerilla warfare environment. Your passing on pre mission planning and operation details with corrupt Afghan leadership who passes it on to the Taliban. I could go on and on, but the guys who truly operated over there know what I'm talking about. I know a lot of Americans at home were just watching a utter shit show, they see a wasted 20 years. And in many ways I agree. Specially with dead mates over there. But when we "operated" the way we wanted to, we fucked them up.

In a war with Russia, it would be a large scale conflict with a shit ton of assets, Americans would fight the war they are good at, and yeah it would not be even close. Thank you.
View Quote

Well put.

Trying to draw parallels with Ukraine, versus the GWoT is folly.  The US wasn’t fighting a war of conquest with a bent of genocide, as Is Russia.  And the US was operating on the other side of the Earth, not barely across our border.  All comparison is silly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
North of Kharkiv, battle at Pytomnyk, hunting down a lone Russian T-80 that's pretty on edge, and on fire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/ury7b9/ukraine_forces_hunt_down_a_russian_t80_during_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#17]

View Quote

No, we weren't.  

We had an insurgency that could cross the border and reside in an nuclear armed country who we couldn't screw with; that nuclear armed country, armed, sheltered, advised and provided intelligence to the Muj.

News flash: maybe you should read a book. Doesn't look like you even knew what we were up against. The ANA I worked with weren't worried about the Taliban, it was the Paks.  Who the hell do you think bribed the ANA?  

There were guys like me who said before this started the Russians were going to lose, for the same reasons we lost; you go into a country where the people will fight to the bitter end, AND they are backed up by some large powers, serious muscle, with nukes, who will arm them, support them, give them intel up teh wazoo, train them how to use the cool toys they give away, and fight a proxy war, and you'll lose.

We weren't beat by the Afghans. We were beat by the Paks. And in Vietnam, the NVA wouldn't have lasted two years without the support form the ChiComs and Russians.  Same same Korea in 1950, same same Afghanistan 1979.  The Muj didnt defeat the RUssians in the 1980s, it was Ronald Reagan.  Same same Ukraine 2022...once this became a proxy war Putin should have folded.

If a superpower gets beat by anyone its a proxy war with another superpower or at least a regional power.  Its been 0-3-2 for the supers.  The Russians are going to be beaten in this one.  Like it or not that been the new normal for the last 70 years.  Stop moping that the Taliban did anything special.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://i.imgur.com/k8Ap0Rd.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]

The US spent 20 years moving from a Cold War, defense of Europe mindset to being all about 3rd world insurgences.  We still lost in Afgan, and in Iraq as well - a war won by Iran.  The US is about the last country right now to be crowing about another country's tough slough in a war.

Plus with the turds at the leadership of the US Military, I wouldn't trust fools like the traitor Miley to win anything.

Lots of Smug Satisfaction! on how the Russians are doing, when the US track record for actually winning wars is the O-fer since WWII.  I had a part of one of those ties myself.  

War is much, much harder that anything thinks it's going to be.  The enemy has a vote in your plans as well.  

For all the thumbnail sketching of blown off turrets or articles from the UK Sun (same level of accuracy as a supermarket checkout mag), the Russians are slowly, ploddingly, grinding things out on the eastern front.  

Is it going slow?  Yes.  Are they losing lots of troops and equipment?  Yes.  Do they care about that?  No.  A big mistake in war is to think that what bothers you will bother your enemy.  Now if the US was losing as much as the Russians are, we'd have quit two months ago - see Somalia, where one big battle caused the US to retreat and run away, errr, re-deploy.

This war is shaping up very similar to the Finn/Russian Winter War.  The Russians stumbled around at the start, losing a lot of troops in a failed effort to capture the capital.  They fired / killed off the worthless generals, moved up some better ones, then relied on their numbers, and especially their powerful artillery to win a war of attrition.  Finland finally had to settle for an agreement where they gave up more land than if they'd agreed to what the Soviets originally demanded prior to the war (not to say that the Soviets would have kept to that agreement either).

I expect the same here.  The Russians will capture most of the east part of Ukraine, fortify their positions, and consider things done.  Ukraine may babble on about re-capturing all of their losses, including the pipe dream of the Crimea as well, but that will just for western ears to keep the flow of money coming into the country, all the more to steal.  Ukraine will kick back enough taxpayer money to the US's ruling class to keep it flowing as well - or did you think it was an accident how much Hunter Biden made from Ukrainian companies?

View Quote

I agree with the top half...

But Russia is losing and will lose this war. If there was a NATO sending Finland all the latest weapons in 39, they would have won too. And back then Russia really did have a lot of manpower to waste, but not any more. As posted earlier, a totally corrupt and dysfunctional country with the GDP of Florida and weapons from 1980 is fighting the world.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
North of Kharkiv, battle at Pytomnyk, hunting down a lone Russian T-80 that's pretty on edge, and on fire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/ury7b9/ukraine_forces_hunt_down_a_russian_t80_during_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

Too bad the guy in the road with the giant set of brass ball missed!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Drone hijinks:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/urbcnm/ukrainian_drone_films_russian_soldiers_as_they/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 2A373:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2A373:

I know, looked like he had an NLAW, but missed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#23]

Thanking Czechia for support,offering to avenge 1968 on an AAM.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Hopefully their turrets are more aerodynamic and launch to even greater heights.

Height is not the measure of the turret vault. The landing is all important. AFIK, there has only been one close to perfect landing with the turret. The barrel of the gun was stuck in the ground, keeping the turret elevated. The barrel was not perpendicular to the ground.  
A higher score is possible.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By kncook:

When we pulled out of Afghanistan (what a cluster). More cops had been killed on the job in Chicago than soldiers killed in combat in Afghanistan the last 2 years.
View Quote

18 cops killed in Chicago in 2020/2021?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View All Quotes

45 killed by gunfire in 2020

My bad, thought data was for Chicago, its not.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
https://youtube.com/shorts/VKKoa1Qm-VQ?feature=share

I've not been keeping up the last couple days....but awesome.
View Quote

Pretty sure ARMA 3 is a video game.  MILSIM sounds like Military Simulation.  I think this is CGI.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:

It doesn't look like a tracking or imbalance problem to me. The fuselage and tires aren't jumping, just the wings. I think it's the equipment on the wings. They look like they were piled on with no concern for load limits or configuration.
View Quote

I’m no helicopter man but I do know a thing or two about vibration. Without analyzing a vibration spectrum I would call that a harmonic issue. Everything has a harmonic node, it’s how an opera singer breaks a wine glass, they match the frequency of their voice to the natural frequency of the glass and that causes it to vibrate and break if it absorbs enough energy. So the natural frequency of that pylon changes with added load, temperature, load location and many more variables. If the rotors or anything else that imparts energy into the pylons happens to match the frequency or a harmonic of the pylon’s frequency then you get the observed vibration. To me this may not be detrimental to the design but it tells me they didn’t perform a thorough analysis and testing to catch this issue in the design and testing phase. I would say this Is typical engineering for them, it flies and shoots, let’s go.
Piece of advice, if you’re operating anything that rotates like lawnmower or a D9 if you listen to the machine it will tell you where it likes to run. As you change the rpm the machine will either get noisy and or you will feel vibration or it will “smooth out “. This lets you know if the harmonics are in or out of phase of each other and if you have the option operate it where it is quieter or smoother, it makes for a happier machine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By zach_:Height is not the measure of the turret vault. The landing is all important. AFIK, there has only been one close to perfect landing with the turret. The barrel of the gun was stuck in the ground, keeping the turret elevated. The barrel was not perpendicular to the ground.  
View Quote

It's true - everyone knows you gotta stick the landing for full points.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

The pre conflict hype fest sure has been debunked. Watching those vids makes that Ruski stuff out to be able to go toe to toe with the full power of the US armed forces while in reality they are getting completly fucked over by farmers of a relativly poor country.

Wasn't it trump he planned the withdrawal timeline ?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:Height is not the measure of the turret vault. The landing is all important. AFIK, there has only been one close to perfect landing with the turret. The barrel of the gun was stuck in the ground, keeping the turret elevated. The barrel was not perpendicular to the ground.  

Like a 15 ton sunflower.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Not really. The US military was made to slay T-90s and since tanks and their supply lines can't be hidden. That stuff is what the US can crush. Having the will to stay long enough to defeat an insurgency in a failed state is another question.
View All Quotes

Not really. The US military was made to slay T-90s and since tanks and their supply lines can't be hidden. That stuff is what the US can crush. Having the will to stay long enough to defeat an insurgency in a failed state is another question.
You will never defeat them unless you kill every living one of them. They have no where else to go and nothing else to lose
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Top two so far...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:32:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1stID] [#37]

View All Quotes

Wasn't it trump he planned the withdrawal timeline ?

Yep, he wanted to do it towards the end of 2020 but was overruled by the traitor Miley and others in the permanent government.  

Fun Fact - Miley was appointed to Chairman of JSC by Trump - Trump could not have hired worse people if he'd sub-contracted that out to his enemies.  

Still, would have been a better outcome, just for the weather.  Winter wasn't the fighting months in Afgan, and a Nov-Dec evacuation of US forces would most likely not have resulted in the same collapse as doing it during the spring of 21.  Even the Russians knew better than to withdraw during the fighting months.  They also did a far better job than the US in picking a puppet - their guy stayed in power for a year or more, and was captured then killed, while our "guy" left for UAE with as much money as he could steal, before the US embassy even was evacuated.  Good times.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Whoa.  That was pretty intense.  You've got to give that tank crew credit for fighting so aggressively.  Lots of orc crews would have bailed by that point.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

One way or another, the guys in flip-flops w/homemade AK-47s prevailed over the US Military even if it was a failure of leadership (shades of Vietnam).
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#42]
This thread will serve a dual purpose until M35ben is unbanned.

Okilly Dokilly - White Wine Spritzer (Official Video)
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
This thread will serve a dual purpose until M35ben is unbanned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEvh6HSQc0
View Quote

He got banned?  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Even nature helps: in the Kyiv region, a racist projectile sticking out of a pine tree was neutralized.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS96HABXoAMxgAU?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

any way we can send one of these who likes to camp outside my house at 5am and wake me up

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Still strikes me as odd to see these guys wrapping yellow and white around their helmets.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By kbi:

any way we can send one of these who likes to camp outside my house at 5am and wake me up

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cJoY78MbUMA/To9LsHdaAdI/AAAAAAAADn4/QpK51NBAgrs/s1600/ActualSpeedWoodpecker.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kbi:

Even nature helps: in the Kyiv region, a racist projectile sticking out of a pine tree was neutralized.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS96HABXoAMxgAU?format=jpg&name=medium

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cJoY78MbUMA/To9LsHdaAdI/AAAAAAAADn4/QpK51NBAgrs/s1600/ActualSpeedWoodpecker.gif

lol, he flys to my house at 6am, must be the same bird.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#47]

That second pic would make a pretty metal album cover.
View Quote

Put some sunflowers and kids around it and call it Pink Floyd the enlightenment.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#48]

From my understanding, the Excalibur shells would be most useful for a stationary target like a bridge, ammo dump, HQ, etc. for a 1st round hit assuming you have the exact grid. For 90% of UA action servicing Russian tanks and fighting positions, "regular" 155mm would be just fine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

"With eyes on target"  can that be done via a drone?   If a drone identifies a target can it send info and/or specific co-ordinates back and have the target hit?    I understand they can walk/re-direct artillery but can it be done with a first strike via co-ordinates from a drone?

Thanks in advance.

One side-note.  If the Russians announced Putin is gravely ill and a few days later claimed he was dead.  Even with a burial, what percent of the people would believe he was actually dead?  Conspiracy nuts would have a field day with that one for decades.

From my understanding, the Excalibur shells would be most useful for a stationary target like a bridge, ammo dump, HQ, etc. for a 1st round hit assuming you have the exact grid. For 90% of UA action servicing Russian tanks and fighting positions, "regular" 155mm would be just fine.

They are best to use against fixed targets, but PGMs save significant expenditures.   In an older test a stationary battery target set would require over 900 dumb HE rounds of artillery to destroy, the same mission could accomplish with 9 guided rounds.   900 rounds takes a battery several hours to shoot and 9 ammo trucks worth of ammo.  9 guided rounds take about 45 seconds.

Edited to correct total rounds to 900+
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:02:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#49]

View All Quotes

The number is 16 for Illinois. 2 off for the state. I remember hearing it somewhere. Were  the 18 in Afg combat related deaths or are you counting non-combat accidents as well? I think they had a good few unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

That's still pretty impressive - like a 9, maybe 9.5 out of 10.

Per usual, the Russian judge will spoil the perfect score of almost any accomplishment by someone associated with the West.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1970 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top