Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2012 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"It's the last day when Kharkiv residents lived in the subway (metro stations).

Today metro starts working in Kharkiv and the local authorities want people to move to their residences. But not everyone likes this idea. "It is dangerous to be outside shelters, which are metro stations. I'd better stay here," says one old woman.

Photo: Serhii Korovainyi"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-12_jpg-2395645.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-11_jpg-2395647.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-11__2__jpg-2395650.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-09_jpg-2395651.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-09__2__jpg-2395652.JPG
View Quote

I get it, but the city still has to function, or there will be no economy to support the war effort. Old lady needs to find friends or relatives with a decent basement, and assume some of the same risks as most of her fellows.

Also, can I say how surprised I was that I never saw anyone build or donate bunk beds for the subway system, during the period when people needed to shelter there? They could have increased the holding capacity 10x.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Great summary of the video, glad you enjoyed it as I did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Regarding this video from an Austrian military analyst (posted earlier): it's REALLY, REALLY GOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAl29Gl9MA

Take Aways:
1) ShitLibs saying Elon Musk's donation of Starlink terminals isn't helping the Ukrainians to kill Russians don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

2) Ukrainians developed their own "killer app" called GIS ARTA to use the Starlink terminals to disperse their long range fires assets, while making their comms between units nearly jam-proof.

3) The Russians are still demonstrating they are too dumb or lack the proper technology to change their arty employment scheme, as evidenced by the pictures still coming out of their tubes parked nearly wheel-hub-to-wheel-hub.

As a consequence, they are often dying badly.

I cannot wait to see HIMARS and MLRS enter the mix, it will be glorious.

So I took the time to watch it, I’m not really sure what is revolutionary about their system. Systems like TACFIRE, IFSAS and AFATDS have been doing that for going on 40 years. The biggest hangup in firing indirect fire is not the technical or tactical fire direction it’s always been the coordination with the battle and airspace owners.  If that was not required we can generally getting a fire mission down the guns in under a minute.

The Ukrainians are basically taking the FIFI, fuck it ,fire it, approach to fire direction.  They are not only assuming big sky little bullet, but also little bullet a lot of ground.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
" Today, near the village of Kyiinka in the Chernihiv region, during a field work, a tractor ran into an explosive device, the driver died.

Pyrotechnics of the State Emergency Service, together with explosives experts from the National Police, checked the surrounding area and found another TM-62M anti-tank mine.
The driver of the tractor was hospitalized in serious condition, but died from the injuries."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
"It's the last day when Kharkiv residents lived in the subway (metro stations).

Today metro starts working in Kharkiv and the local authorities want people to move to their residences. But not everyone likes this idea. "It is dangerous to be outside shelters, which are metro stations. I'd better stay here," says one old woman.

Photo: Serhii Korovainyi"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-12_jpg-2395645.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-11_jpg-2395647.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-11__2__jpg-2395650.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-09_jpg-2395651.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_13-17-09__2__jpg-2395652.JPG
View Quote

That’s rough. Hopefully things improve before this winter. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Ugh, methinks the people of Belarus are going to have something to say about that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Ugh, methinks the people of Belarus are going to have something to say about that.

It’s basically already happening. The only thing left is the paperwork and changing the sign over peoples doors at office buildings.

The Belorussians have t done too much.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By R0N:

So I took the time to watch it, I’m not really sure what is revolutionary about their system. Systems like TACFIRE, IFSAS and AFATDS have been doing that for going on 40 years. The biggest hangup in firing indirect fire is not the technical or tactical fire direction it’s always been the coordination with the battle and airspace owners.  If that was not required we can generally getting a fire mission down the guns in under a minute.

The Ukrainians are basically taking the FIFI, fuck it ,fire it, approach to fire direction.  They are not only assuming big sky little bullet, but also little bullet a lot of ground.
View Quote

Granted, but what stood out to me was they developed their own system basically DIY, and it's working.

For your second part, maybe that's true, but right now I don't think they have anything aside from the Bayraktars that can reach deep into the Rus rear areas and strike C2 nodes, TBMs, and other nice targets. I think this is why they have been asking so insistently for MRLs; because they must have concluded the Russians are keeping their best and furthest-reaching stuff outside of Ukr range.

As for airspace deconfliction...I am sure they would be thrilled to hit an errant Rus aircraft with an artillery shell...just as long as they could get it on video.

They will need that graduate level stuff in time, but I think right now they are just trying to stack Orc bodies, and doing decently enough for the time being.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
"Parents of conscripts from the cruiser "Moskva" are offered to sign statements that their sons "died as a result of the disaster."

Mothers of two soldiers told Novaya Gazeta. Europe about this:

"They call me and say that "three families have already signed a statement, also come write so that they go to court right away so that they don't drag it out for a long time." They didn't even ask me if I was ready to sign such a statement that I voluntarily recognize my son as dead ... Even not killed. It says "died as a result of the disaster" and it is not spelled out that he is a participant in this operation ""

Below is a picture of Moskva fully repaired and back in service

Attachment Attached File

(Not really. I made that last part up)
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
" Today, near the village of Kyiinka in the Chernihiv region, during a field work, a tractor ran into an explosive device, the driver died.

Pyrotechnics of the State Emergency Service, together with explosives experts from the National Police, checked the surrounding area and found another TM-62M anti-tank mine.
The driver of the tractor was hospitalized in serious condition, but died from the injuries."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_13-20-49_jpg-2395660.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_13-20-47_jpg-2395659.JPG
View Quote

This shit is going to screw up food production in Ukraine for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Granted, but what stood out to me was they developed their own system basically DIY, and it's working.

For your second part, maybe that's true, but right now I don't think they have anything aside from the Bayraktars that can reach deep into the Rus rear areas and strike C2 nodes, TBMs, and other nice targets. I think this is why they have been asking so insistently for MRLs; because they must have concluded the Russians are keeping their best and furthest-reaching stuff outside of Ukr range.

As for airspace deconfliction...I am sure they would be thrilled to hit an errant Rus aircraft with an artillery shell...just as long as they could get it on video.

They will need that graduate level stuff in time, but I think right now they are just trying to stack Orc bodies, and doing decently enough for the time being.
View All Quotes

Just about every one outside of the third world has automated fire control, either they use a systematic approach like use or a use a similar home developed app based systems, that runs on smart phones or small tablets.  

There have been some concerns with cyber and information assurance of those off the shelf automated systems, including a dubious claim of compromise of the Ukrainian system in 2014.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

Because they are getting their ass handed to them.

They can't defend large cities in the East because they have no offensive weapons and Russians just shell the  ever living f^c& out of the city and win.

Russia is going to get the coast.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

They are a lot more tight-lipped with info from the South than they were in the North. The info from the UA channels I follow has slowed to a trickle. There's more international news and less war news.

Because they are getting their ass handed to them.

They can't defend large cities in the East because they have no offensive weapons and Russians just shell the  ever living f^c& out of the city and win.

Russia is going to get the coast.

I would not yet categorize anything as "getting their asses handed to them."

I was less than optimistic when the positive videos slowed down on the UA side, but they do have stricter controls.  They are very tightlipped about Bayraktur strikes and I assume the same will be true of some other weapons, unless they feel there is no operational risk to exposure.

We don't know how aggressively employed or useful the Switchblades are yet.  If they can disable arty and the M777s stay at ranges unlikely to be struck, they could stalemate the eastern portion of the country.

I do see UA having great difficulty taking urban areas, given they don't want to level them, and similarly having issues keeping urban areas defending against an enemy willing to do the leveling.

So with minimal gains in either direction, it is going to come down to the question of material flow.  Russia gets more of the same (from a well of unknown depth) and UA gets newer toys.

My concern is material amounts more than types now.  I thought it was allllll about the drones a month ago, and I'm sure they're putting in work, but now that arty is clearly king, 100 M777s suddenly seems like a good first batch, but I'd be hoping to hear about more.

Things may get worse, particularly if that large UA force in the east is surrounded.  At the same time, RU is shitting bricks about Izium getting cut off.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes
Regarding this video from an Austrian military analyst (posted earlier): it's REALLY, REALLY GOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAl29Gl9MA

Take Aways:
1) ShitLibs saying Elon Musk's donation of Starlink terminals isn't helping the Ukrainians to kill Russians don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

2) Ukrainians developed their own "killer app" called GIS ARTA to use the Starlink terminals to disperse their long range fires assets, while making their comms between units nearly jam-proof.

3) The Russians are still demonstrating they are too dumb or lack the proper technology to change their arty employment scheme, as evidenced by the pictures still coming out of their tubes parked nearly wheel-hub-to-wheel-hub.

As a consequence, they are often dying badly.

I cannot wait to see HIMARS and MLRS enter the mix, it will be glorious.

My takeaway was that I'm not in any way comparing the Ukrainian artillery system to ours, as you alluded to that's a completely different ball game.  The interesting part is their adaptation of using Starlink for jam resistant comms, and like you said, they cut the times down to call in fire which is causing Russian casualties.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Might need a run through the car wash though
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

That version of the system is not meant to, it killed the exposed crew.  Free tank for Ukraine.

Might need a run through the car wash though

I predict an uptick in crowdfunded pressure washers going to UA.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#13]

My takeaway was that I'm not in any way comparing the Ukrainian artillery system to ours, as you alluded to that's a completely different ball game.  The interesting part is their adaptation of using Starlink for jam resistant comms, and like you said, they cut the times down to call in fire which is causing Russian casualties.
View Quote

Basically digital firing data in the western world comes in the form of a K series message, that K series message can be carried over the air, via the tactical internet, via the various LINK tactical distribution systems, via traditional sat comm or the newer low earth orbit systems like MUOS (basically the militaries version of starlink)
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#14]
<------runs and hugs pet kitteh. Why do i click on these damn vids........

Get your hanky ready

Telegram video
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Javelin launch and great drone footage of the missile hitting the Russian vehicle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uwwytl/russian_tank_is_destroyed_by_a_javelin/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

that was great!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:30:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krater] [#16]
Originally Posted By Hking:

Don't see many people in Belarus being too excited about this other than that scuzzball fuck Lukashenko
View Quote

Lukashenko is probably the LEAST excited about it. Why?  Because once Belarus gets absorbed into Russia he is nobody.  Fifth wheel.  Tits on a boar.  Screen door on a submarine.  You get the gist, I think.

Everything Lukashenko has done for the last 30 years has been in service of one goal - to stay in charge of Belorus. If tomorrow, EU and NATO came to him with a fat bribe and guarantee he can stay in charge in Belarus no matter what, he'd switch sides so fast your head would spin.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]
"Czech Republic to get 14 Leopard 2A4 tanks and an armored recovery vehicle from Germany in return for handing T-72 tanks to Ukraine."

(I guess this is for the 60(?) T-72M1 they sent to UA from their reserves)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#18]
The last hundred people to be killed in this war haven’t been born yet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#19]
"Denmark has agreed to provide Ukraine with a Harpoon launcher and missiles to "help Ukraine defend its coast," said US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin at the end of Rammstein's second meeting.

The US Secretary of Defense also thanked the Czech Republic for agreeing to provide "significant support" to Ukraine - attack helicopters, tanks and missile systems. In total, according to Austin, after the meeting, 20 countries "announced new security aid packages", which, among other things - critical artillery ammunition, coastal defense systems, tanks and other armored vehicles."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

(A Russian Response)

"Against the backdrop of statements by the head of the Pentagon that Denmark will transfer to Ukraine a batch of Harpoon anti-ship missiles and launchers for them, I would like to note that it was in service with the Danish Navy from 1994 to 2003 that mobile coastal anti-ship systems with anti-ship missiles mounted on trucks Harpoon Block I."
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Basically digital firing data in the western world comes in the form of a K series message, that K series message can be carried over the air, via the tactical internet, via the various LINK tactical distribution systems, via traditional sat comm or the newer low earth orbit systems like MUOS (basically the militaries version of starlink)
View All Quotes

And what you said shows how overwhelming with multiple avenues of communication those assets are that we have, which we are currently unable to share with Ukraine.  Watching Ukraine make do with a hodgepodge of various donated artillery, dispersed and able to use commercial high bandwidth satellites from Elon to adapt is what amazes me.  I'm dorky like that.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Get your hanky ready

Telegram video
View Quote
Not joking, the orcs would have killed them for fun.

That right there proves Russians and Ukrainians aren't the same people as Putin so wrongly thinks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#22]
"Czech Republic to get 14 Leopard 2A4 tanks and an armored recovery vehicle from Germany in return for handing T-72 tanks to Ukraine."

(I guess this is for the 60(?) T-72M1 they sent to UA from their reserves)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_17-59-56_jpg-2395675.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_17-59-56__2__jpg-2395679.JPG
View Quote

Doesn't sound like much of an Upgrayeddd

Why the Leopard 2 is Overrated! | Your Favorite Tank Sucks #1
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#24]
"Denmark has agreed to provide Ukraine with a Harpoon launcher and missiles to "help Ukraine defend its coast," said US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin at the end of Rammstein's second meeting.

The US Secretary of Defense also thanked the Czech Republic for agreeing to provide "significant support" to Ukraine - attack helicopters, tanks and missile systems. In total, according to Austin, after the meeting, 20 countries "announced new security aid packages", which, among other things - critical artillery ammunition, coastal defense systems, tanks and other armored vehicles."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_01-36-40_jpg-2395695.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_13-15-49_jpg-2395698.JPG

(A Russian Response)

"Against the backdrop of statements by the head of the Pentagon that Denmark will transfer to Ukraine a batch of Harpoon anti-ship missiles and launchers for them, I would like to note that it was in service with the Danish Navy from 1994 to 2003 that mobile coastal anti-ship systems with anti-ship missiles mounted on trucks Harpoon Block I."
View Quote

Here's hoping Ukraine puts a harpoon into at least one Russian ship.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Get your hanky ready

Telegram video
View Quote
A good kitty vid to recover from that with:
https://t.me/yaplakal/32789
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I see that celebrated enemy of the state Henry Kissinger poked his head out of the grave to run his corpse like tongue.

The man is responsible for Vietnam. Implementing the concept of Detente with China. Pakistan's whole shitty existence. Iran falling to fundamentalists. A literal litany of super fucked, broke dicked "diplomacy" that is still killing thousands today. Everywhere from Kansas to Timbukfuckingtu.

How can we not listen to his sage advice? Look at the results!

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Valid military target if you ask me. It's not like UA is launching missiles out of Poland.
View Quote

(RE: missiles in Belarus)

I agree. It's a difficult balance:

1) Legitimate mil target
2) Belarus has let Russia stage and deploy from it's territory before
3) Attacking Belarus could bring them in fully and create another front - which is, for the moment, already won.
4) Attacking Belarus could give Russia the casus belli to declare mobilization to come to their aid, giving Putin domestic political leverage he does not enjoy now.

But:
4) Intentionally dragging Belarus into it could finally drag Lukashenko down, effectively flipping Belarus OUT of the Soviet Russian orbit.

I think they are eager to do it, but the bigger political angle isn't favorable yet.  With more strength, it will be - same as clearing Transnistria.  I believe that once Ukraine has the combat power for a broader counter-offensive, the preliminaries that signal it is imminent will be:

a) clearing Transnistria, and
b) neutralizing long-range weapons in Belarus.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
The last hundred people to be killed in this war haven't been born yet.
View Quote
I'm afraid that will come true.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

GWB was doing much of the same thing on Iraq.
View Quote

OIF - operation Iraqi freedom
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#31]
"Robotic complex "Uranus-6" during the demining of the coast of the port of Mariupol."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I'm actually hoping that China keeps going all-in with their support for Russia. The more they do, the more they keep everyone focused on the fact that they are just as bad/evil as the Russians. Rub everyone's noses in their affinity for totalitarianism, if you will. Maybe, just maybe, more politicians, the military, and private businesses will take notice and come to the proper conclusions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I'm actually hoping that China keeps going all-in with their support for Russia. The more they do, the more they keep everyone focused on the fact that they are just as bad/evil as the Russians. Rub everyone's noses in their affinity for totalitarianism, if you will. Maybe, just maybe, more politicians, the military, and private businesses will take notice and come to the proper conclusions.
Lots of Americans supported the third reich up to the invasion of Poland so I doubt it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Javelin launch and great drone footage of the missile hitting the Russian vehicle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uwwytl/russian_tank_is_destroyed_by_a_javelin/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

That's the best vid I've seen, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I've been told we have the same system with a 1-hour JAG review in the loop.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#35]
"In Kyiv region a tractor ran over an explosive device left in the field by Russian troops.

The driver was injured."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Mike] [#36]
"Parents of conscripts from the cruiser "Moskva" are offered to sign statements that their sons "died as a result of the disaster."

Mothers of two soldiers told Novaya Gazeta. Europe about this:

"They call me and say that "three families have already signed a statement, also come write so that they go to court right away so that they don't drag it out for a long time." They didn't even ask me if I was ready to sign such a statement that I voluntarily recognize my son as dead ... Even not killed. It says "died as a result of the disaster" and it is not spelled out that he is a participant in this operation ""

Below is a picture of Moskva fully repaired and back in service

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_14-17-28_jpg-2395668.JPG

(Not really. I made that last part up)
View Quote

I'm not sure any Russian ship is ever fully repaired.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#37]
88th day of the war. General Staff:

Russian troops continue to advance in the East. At the same time, the troops of the Republic of Belarus are conducting intensified reconnaissance on the border with Ukraine.

Russian troops continue shelling settlements and infrastructure in different regions of Ukraine using missiles and aircraft.

In Kharkiv direction, Russian soldiers are trying to prevent Ukrainian troops from reaching the state border.

In Belgorod region of Russia, the launch facilities of the "Iskander-M" operational-tactical missile system were deployed.

In the past 24 hours, nine enemy attacks were repelled in the Donetsk and Luhansk directions, destroyed:  five tanks, four artillery systems, ten units of armored combat vehicles, two enemy vehicles, one Orlan-10 UAV was hit.

From the Brits (a couple days behind):
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-24_01-36-40_jpg-2395695.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-23_13-15-49_jpg-2395698.JPG

(A Russian Response)

View Quote

If they can strap some harpoons to their airframes it's game over for those corvettes in the black sea.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Has this been posted already?

"Nothing says "FUCK YOU, SPECIFICALLY" quite like drone-directed artillery.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

View All Quotes

JAGs can be a pain in the ass, but generally the collateral damage call is done prior, I only remember a few times when they got involved in an active mission.  Normally the longest delays are if you are having coordinate with the battle and airspace owner, air space being the most difficult.  For example in AFG, some munitions would go high enough, that Kabul had to ensure there were no air traffic in the vicinity of the flight of the projectile.  Since Kabul had difficulties controlling civilian air liners passing through their airspace, it could take an hour.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Has this been posted already?

"Nothing says "FUCK YOU, SPECIFICALLY" quite like drone-directed artillery.

View Quote

They geolocated the video to  Near Volodymyrivka, Donetsk Oblast.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:23:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#43]
View Quote

I think I get it now. I was thinking Z was just a different way of writing the nazi swastika. But now I think the Z is an aiming point like how we put bulls eyes on targets at the range. It was probably a Ukranian op to convince the russians to paint Z on everything the Ukranians wanted to shoot at. It probably has some kind of unique interaction with the Javelin system like a homing beacon.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Russian troops continue to advance in the East. At the same time, the troops of the Republic of Belarus are conducting intensified reconnaissance on the border with Ukraine.

Russian troops continue shelling settlements and infrastructure in different regions of Ukraine using missiles and aircraft.

In Kharkiv direction, Russian soldiers are trying to prevent Ukrainian troops from reaching the state border.

In Belgorod region of Russia, the launch facilities of the "Iskander-M" operational-tactical missile system were deployed.

In the past 24 hours, nine enemy attacks were repelled in the Donetsk and Luhansk directions, destroyed:  five tanks, four artillery systems, ten units of armored combat vehicles, two enemy vehicles, one Orlan-10 UAV was hit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-22_07-25-26_jpg-2395880.JPG
View Quote

It'll be interesting to see if Terminator's countermeasures are any more effective than all the rest of the crap Russia's come up with to counter ATGMs.   I hope we get to hear about it, anyways.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

It'll be interesting to see if Terminator's countermeasures are any more effective than all the rest of the crap Russia's come up with to counter ATGMs.   I hope we get to hear about it, anyways.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-22_07-25-26_jpg-2395880.JPG

We will gladly post the kills of those vehicles.  The Stugna and Javelins wont have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I look forward to the videos of these brewed up after being hit with ATGMs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#47]

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-kyiv-0c74a0c16b834732b81e460450da3131

the governor of the Luhansk region of the Donbas said the area is facing its “most difficult time” in the eight years since separatist fighting erupted there.

“The Russians are advancing in all directions at the same time. They brought over an insane number of fighters and equipment,” the governor, Serhii Haidai, wrote on Telegram. “The invaders are killing our cities, destroying everything around.” He added that Luhansk is becoming “like Mariupol.”
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

No.

If there is any major JAG interference it is for preplanned stuff.

Folks need to get out of weird the GWOT mindset.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Krater:
Lukashenko is probably the LEAST excited about it. Why?  Because once Belarus gets absorbed into Russia he is nobody.  Fifth wheel.  Tits on a boar.  Screen door on a submarine.  You get the gist, I think.

Everything Lukashenko has done for the last 30 years has been in service of one goal - to stay in charge of Belarus. If tomorrow, EU and NATO came to him with a fat bribe and guarantee he can stay in charge in Belarus no matter what, he'd switch sides so fast your head would spin.
View Quote

If it were possible to pry Lukashenko from Russia that easily, I'd be working on it 24/7. Pallets of cash wouldn't be out of line.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#50]
"In Kyiv region a tractor ran over an explosive device left in the field by Russian troops.

The driver was injured."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-22_01-57-03_jpg-2395865.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-22_01-57-02_jpg-2395866.JPG
View Quote

Every farmer should be looking for armor kits for tractors. This is going to be a thing for years.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2012 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top