Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2023 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Fuuuuck! We're really screwed when they send in their front line trolls!

https://c.tenor.com/HZJJPr4rQI8AAAAM/everybody-panic.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
The full court press on this forum by Russia is failing as bad as their invasion of Ukraine.  Or maybe these clowns are the "volunteer decoys".  

They don't want GD or the AR forum. Those are just feints. They merely want to annex the AK forum and save them from forced DI gasicide.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:
As an old-timer with a low post count, I apologize for all the other similar old accounts that have apparently been hacked, or if not, the original user is showing early signs of dementia.

The accordion and 'machine spirit' post was hilarious and probably not understood by the majority of posters here.

Carry on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They don't want GD or the AR forum. Those are just feints. They merely want to annex the AK forum and save them from force DI gasicide.
View All Quotes
The full court press on this forum by Russia is failing as bad as their invasion of Ukraine.  Or maybe these clowns are the "volunteer decoys".  

They don't want GD or the AR forum. Those are just feints. They merely want to annex the AK forum and save them from force DI gasicide.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

They found the fucking documents, and Putin told his staff he wanted Kiev lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deputyrpa:

lmao

VDV and Spetznaz trainees huh hahahahhahaha

They sent so few because they were arrogant and stupid enough to think Ukraine would welcome them as liberators, and/or not put up much of a fight. Putin SAID he wanted Kiev. He personally said it. You bought into Russia's revisionist bullshit.

No he didn't say he wanted Kiev. EU President Barroso recanted that claim after Putin stated he would make their call public, and it was confirmed by Poroshenko's secretary that Putin never said it as well. The media has not found one public speech in which he stated it either.

They found the fucking documents, and Putin told his staff he wanted Kiev lol.

I always brought my dress uniforms when I was part of the feint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Posting again after a few months/year but I don't want to see my inactive account claimed by a Russian Troll

French Caesars (155mm arty on a truck) are now in Ukrainian hands.

Ukraine Video of the French CAESAR 155mm self propelled howitzer in the hands of the Ukrainian Army

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
"Spouses from Kharkov saved from the war several dozen animals

During the evacuation in mid-April, Kharkiv residents Tatiana and Andrei removed more than 70 cats from their own private shelter.
In addition to them, they caught several other dogs and a guinea pig Pulka, which they came across in the basement of Kharkiv.
All animals were taken out in one minibus. It is said that there was no question of leaving anyone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dewoitine:
Posting again after a few months/year but I don't want to see my inactive account claimed by a Russian Troll

French Caesars (155mm arty on a truck) are now in Ukrainian hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UrmxmzBgpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76PQpCAc_ZU
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By oswald01:

Excellent analysis. As well, the long game needs to be factored in. Putin is hoping through the process of de-natzification after hostlities end, whatever is left of Ukraine will seek to become a free standing nation, neutral (not a NATO member) with a minimal military that does not threaten Russia and seeks economic growth.

As Putin himself pointed out, Ukraine's living standard as part of the USSR was something like 3 times than that under the Western imposed oligarchs which only got worse after the 2014 coup. The huge impact of the 2014 coup was to bring the Nazis to the forefront both in political power and military power. At the start of the Russian SMO, about one half of Ukraine's military strength, 100,000 men, were in Nazi units who did not report to the Ukraine Military high command. These Nazi units were deployed in the East bordering the Donbas.

A primary Russian goal was to destroy the Ukraine Nazi units facing the Donbas with Mariupol being their headquarters. The primary military goal of the feint aspect of the initial movement toward Kiev was to draw away or at least minimize support for the Nazi units in the East and South. The political goal was to make an effort to present support for the regular Ukraine military to stage a coup. In addition, Putin could use this domestically to garner support. The Russian people see Ukrainians more as cousins so to speak rather than foreign enemies. That is, too heavy a hand initially would have played to foreign propaganda. Nevertheless, throughout the SMO Russia has sought to minimize civilian casualties not least because so far in the territory of the SMO the bulk of civilians are pro-Russian as opposed to the pro-West Kiev regime.

Finally, Putin can always point to this feint on Kiev as proof that the initial approach of the SMO was for it to be carried out with as little blood as possible. In the years ahead this could pay great dividends. The Russians are no "pikers" when it comes to expanding their empire.

View Quote
Excellent analysis comrade
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Excellent analysis. As well, the long game needs to be factored in. Putin is hoping through the process of de-natzification after hostlities end, whatever is left of Ukraine will seek to become a free standing nation, neutral (not a NATO member) with a minimal military that does not threaten Russia and seeks economic growth.

As Putin himself pointed out, Ukraine's living standard as part of the USSR was something like 3 times than that under the Western imposed oligarchs which only got worse after the 2014 coup. The huge impact of the 2014 coup was to bring the Nazis to the forefront both in political power and military power. At the start of the Russian SMO, about one half of Ukraine's military strength, 100,000 men, were in Nazi units who did not report to the Ukraine Military high command. These Nazi units were deployed in the East bordering the Donbas.

A primary Russian goal was to destroy the Ukraine Nazi units facing the Donbas with Mariupol being their headquarters. The primary military goal of the feint aspect of the initial movement toward Kiev was to draw away or at least minimize support for the Nazi units in the East and South. The political goal was to make an effort to present support for the regular Ukraine military to stage a coup. In addition, Putin could use this domestically to garner support. The Russian people see Ukrainians more as cousins so to speak rather than foreign enemies. That is, too heavy a hand initially would have played to foreign propaganda. Nevertheless, throughout the SMO Russia has sought to minimize civilian casualties not least because so far in the territory of the SMO the bulk of civilians are pro-Russian as opposed to the pro-West Kiev regime.

Finally, Putin can always point to this feint on Kiev as proof that the initial approach of the SMO was for it to be carried out with as little blood as possible. In the years ahead this could pay great dividends. The Russians are no "pikers" when it comes to expanding their empire.

View Quote

I truly hope this is a troll and that you don’t actually believe that nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Why soldiers in this theatre continue to congregate in large groups at this point is beyond me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Russian suicide drone (their version of the Switchblade 300/600 / Polish Warmate) used to brutal effect against a group of UA infantry.

Drones like this will be a feature of the modern battlefield going forward; we're likely to view the IED days of GWOT as the 'good old days' 20 years from now.

Why soldiers in this theatre continue to congregate in large groups at this point is beyond me.

Because it's comforting to be near your buddies. NCOs constantly have to tell guys to spread the fuck out, even in training.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By :

@AROKIE

I believe you're partially correct with respect to countries like The Netherlands, France, etc. who are farther from the fight and may not be as keen to continue to spend the money necessary for a proxy war.

However, countries like Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Romania and others who are on Russia's doorstep likely have a much longer lasting appetite. I don't see many of these countries ceasing aid a year from now.

For the countries above the greater concern is that they won't be able to sustain the same level of support they've given thus far, for the mere fact the tempo of equipment depletion is stunningly high, to the point that even US supplies have seen a double-digit percentage drop in some instances.

But I fully expect at least those countries and some others will continue to provide as much support as they can for the foreseeable future, including providing heavy service depots for their equipment (as is being done today), as well as providing training grounds, as well as trainers, in NATO safe havens. Ukraine's defeat or victory is highly significant to their own national security interests.

Now, I would also argue the US is unlikely to pull out anytime soon. Regardless of whether you look at this as a righteous war of democracy or a push by the defense industry, the Dems and Republicans, and especially Biden, are all aligned on making Russia/Putin hurt. I don't see that changing until the next president is elected, at the soonest.

A protracted war like you've described is ultimately in Ukraine's interest. Each day Ukraine's army is growing in the number of trained soldiers due to its mobilization. Meanwhile, Russia is losing material and men at significant rates. I believe as the defender, Ukraine's willingness to bleed is higher than Russia's. I don't expect Putin is willing to lose his entire army in Ukraine in this multi-year war of attrition you've described, leaving him only with conscripts and some obliterated land in Donbass as his prize.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By :
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

There will come a time that the Influx of advanced weapons will cease from European countries if russia takes those regions and declares an end to there special operation. Of course Ukraine will still try and take them back but with alot less backing and equipment.

@AROKIE

I believe you're partially correct with respect to countries like The Netherlands, France, etc. who are farther from the fight and may not be as keen to continue to spend the money necessary for a proxy war.

However, countries like Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Romania and others who are on Russia's doorstep likely have a much longer lasting appetite. I don't see many of these countries ceasing aid a year from now.

For the countries above the greater concern is that they won't be able to sustain the same level of support they've given thus far, for the mere fact the tempo of equipment depletion is stunningly high, to the point that even US supplies have seen a double-digit percentage drop in some instances.

But I fully expect at least those countries and some others will continue to provide as much support as they can for the foreseeable future, including providing heavy service depots for their equipment (as is being done today), as well as providing training grounds, as well as trainers, in NATO safe havens. Ukraine's defeat or victory is highly significant to their own national security interests.

Now, I would also argue the US is unlikely to pull out anytime soon. Regardless of whether you look at this as a righteous war of democracy or a push by the defense industry, the Dems and Republicans, and especially Biden, are all aligned on making Russia/Putin hurt. I don't see that changing until the next president is elected, at the soonest.

A protracted war like you've described is ultimately in Ukraine's interest. Each day Ukraine's army is growing in the number of trained soldiers due to its mobilization. Meanwhile, Russia is losing material and men at significant rates. I believe as the defender, Ukraine's willingness to bleed is higher than Russia's. I don't expect Putin is willing to lose his entire army in Ukraine in this multi-year war of attrition you've described, leaving him only with conscripts and some obliterated land in Donbass as his prize.

@HecklerKoch_USP

Yea I agree with your assessment.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian troops breaking out of Russian encirclement at Lyman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uybulm/armed_forces_of_ukraine_break_out_of_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

Branches off the trees @ :21. Pucker factor 100.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Pounding Mariopul to fucking rubble is saving civilians? Are you fucking kidding me?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Don't be silly. A tiny site like this one would never see the really good trained trolls. They would use their reserve trolls, on third-hand laptops.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#17]

During the evacuation in mid-April, Kharkiv residents Tatiana and Andrei removed more than 70 cats from their own private shelter.
In addition to them, they caught several other dogs and a guinea pig Pulka, which they came across in the basement of Kharkiv.
All animals were taken out in one minibus. It is said that there was no question of leaving anyone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_11-21-14_jpg-2397734.JPG
View Quote

That's heartwarming and all, but why isn't Andrei in uniform?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#18]
What a babe.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uybulm/armed_forces_of_ukraine_break_out_of_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

Glad they avoided getting encircled.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I'm finally reading the book "Sliding on the Snow Stone" by Andy Szpuk. It's his biography of growing up and hits you right in the gut at the start with the Holodomor, then goes into the German occupation. Whenever you think you had it bad, think about growing up with those two events defining your childhood.

https://imgv2-1-f.scribdassets.com/img/word_document/245400473/original/216x287/863b6fa522/1651544599?v=1

The reason I bring it up is because the author makes it CRYSTAL clear that they do not consider themselves Russian in any way, shape, or form. He calls them "Soviets" instead of Russians. He says of the Soviets and the Germans: "Why won't they leave us Ukrainians alone". Fierce Ukrainian loyalty is on display throughout. A very small selection of quotes:

"The Soviets showed no sense of justice. If anyone dared speak out against them, it was one of two things. The salt mines in Siberia, or a bullet to the back of the head."

"The Soviet Soldiers came back the next day and it was always the same routine. First of all, they searched all the houses and dwellings for food. They turned everything upside down. Any possible hiding place was invaded by prying Soviet fingers."

"To take food away from millions of people so that they starve to death is a crime of such a proportions that it cannot be seen as anything other than evil.

"Of course, the man broke down and it soon became clear. It was human meat. People were killing their own children and eating them."

"Whatever the Soviets did to us we had to keep our faith, and our identity as Ukrainians"

I think that should put the whole "But Ukraine has been part of Russia historically!" argument to rest once an for all.

View Quote

Russians are just fucking monsters honestly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It doesn't look all that rosey to me at the moment. When do these new ukraine reinforcements show up? When do the new weapons show up? A shitty old russian tank will still matter if there are enough of them. And russians are all about volume over quality, as always. They are using their old tactics of disposable troops and equipment. Ukraine needs to do something different if they want to hold ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By 1stID:

Seems to be impressive enough to the Ukrainians, as they're throwing everything they have, including various Territorial Defense Units to the eastern front, and still are getting pushed back.  All the magic weapons promised to them from NATO countries aren't doing the job in keeping the Russians at bay, who are doing their modern Winter War method of using massive arty strikes to slowly, grindly, advance, take control of areas, and kill lots of their opponents.

If Russia is doing that badly, as all media outlets constantly claim, always with the same Smug Satisfaction!!! as when they would report on the death of someone from the Wuhan, who hadn't gotten a Wuhan shot, why are they able to keep advancing on the eastern front?  Calm before the Ukrainian counteroffensive?  Just days/weeks/months before those "crippling" sanctions kick in, and Russian can't afford to load up a single 5.45mm round?

Media hype, Defenders of Snake Island the Ghost of Kiev, and Smug Satisfaction! aside, facts on the ground are not favorable to Ukraine.  Their forces are being ground up and destroyed, in one unpronounceable town after the other by the Russians.   Ukraine seems to think that time is on their side, and that the longer the war continues, the better off conditions will be for them, via the massive inflow of NATO weapons and (most importantly) money, most of which will be stolen - Ukraine is one of the most corrupt counties in Europe.  But so far, sanctions on Russia (most of which don't matter, as the increase in the price of oil and gas have made up for them) and NATO weapons have not turned the tide.  Ukraine is losing troops and equipment that is at a rate not sustainable, all while continuing to lose ground.  

It doesn't look all that rosey to me at the moment. When do these new ukraine reinforcements show up? When do the new weapons show up? A shitty old russian tank will still matter if there are enough of them. And russians are all about volume over quality, as always. They are using their old tactics of disposable troops and equipment. Ukraine needs to do something different if they want to hold ground.

JFC people, fucking relax. How far was the Russian advance to seize Severodonetsk? 10-15km?

It's 250km to Dnipro. So at their present rate of advance, they'll get there in...18 months?

It is foolish to fight for every km of ground. The Ukrainians will do what any military would do when faced with a numerical disadvantage avoid encirclement and withdraw to the next defensible piece of terrain, and/or shorten and consolidate their lines until any numerical advantage is mitigated. The Russians have proven completely incapable of sustaining deep advances into Ukrainian territory, and every advance creates a vulnerable flank.

This has been done in warfare since the time of sharp sticks. The Ukrainians will be fine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#23]
What a babe.

View Quote

She could join my alliance any day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#24]

They don't want GD or the AR forum. Those are just feints. They merely want to annex the AK forum and save them from forced DI gasicide.
View All Quotes

I was trying to think of how to work the feint angle in there but work was distracting me. Well done.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

None that I've seen, even from pro-Ruskie Telegraph posters.

The Kiev front was one of 3 things:

1. A terrible miscalculation by Russia on how easy it was going to be to invade and take over Ukraine, compounded by bad equipment and tactics.

2. A feint, done merely to tie up Ukrainian forces who would be focused on protecting the capitol at all costs, while the other Russian forces moved into the east and south.

3. A gamble of a "Thunder Run", where a relatively small and not well supplied attack force makes a move on a capitol city, hoping the enemy will just fold up and run away (as happened in Baghdad in 2003), leaving the city to surrender.

Or maybe 3, with the benefit of causing 2.  I don't think anyone except the Russians know at this point, and please don't post some Smug Satisfaction! photo of a burned out Russian tank to try to prove it was scenario 1.  If amateurs talk strategy while professionals talk logistics, then novices post random pictures of destroyed equipment and try to say who's winning based on that.  

And it could be a mixture of all three - thinking the Thunder Run was going to be all that was needed, and then not even doing a very good job supporting a slimmed down attack force, while consoling themselves on it tying up forces elsewhere.  Note in the Winter War with Finland, it was unclear if Russia ever really wanted to try to take Helsinki and was stopped, or if they had no plans to go that far.  

In any case, it's unlikely that Russia will try another move on Kiev.  Odessa would be a more achievable target at this point, and one that Russia could feel they could take without upping the stakes with NATO, as with as much political investment as NATO countries have put into Ukraine, they can't allow Kiev to be taken over at this point.  Odessa would be more in line with the long game that Putin has shown elsewhere, such as in Syria, where Russia slowly and gradually helped Assad destroy his enemies.  

Taking Odessa would cut off Ukraine from the sea, leaving it to rely on antiquated rail and road systems from what I've read, for trade.  It would cripple the countries economy, leaving it a vassal, beggar state relying on NATO and the EU (which might not be a bad thing in the eyes of Ukraine's ruling elite - more foreign money to steal).  

But Russia has made no serious move on Odessa yet.  They seem to be concentrating their forces in the east, and will probably grind Ukraine down there.  If Ukraine is sufficiently weakened from a loss in the east, then maybe Russia make a move on Odessa.  We shall see how things progress in the next month.
View Quote

Drugs are bad, mmmkay? It's about 200km by road from Kherson to Odessa (overland would be shorter...if they did FOUR really huge river crossings, so let's call that COA least likely, shall we?).

The Russians aren't going there because there is no way in hell they can do it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

JFC people, fucking relax. How far was the Russian advance to seize Severodonetsk? 10-15km?

It's 250km to Dnipro. So at their present rate of advance, they'll get there in...18 months?

It is foolish to fight for every km of ground. The Ukrainians will do what any military would do when faced with a numerical disadvantage avoid encirclement and withdraw to the next defensible piece of terrain, and/or shorten and consolidate their lines until any numerical advantage is mitigated. The Russians have proven completely incapable of sustaining deep advances into Ukrainian territory, and every advance creates a vulnerable flank.

This has been done in warfare since the time of sharp sticks. The Ukrainians will be fine.
View Quote

They are pushing up from the south near zaph
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

They run their mouths a lot. Nobody gives a shit what they say now.
View Quote
Russia doesn't care what everyone thinks, but only politicians in western Europe.  And, that's the weakest link.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:
As an old-timer with a low post count, I apologize for all the other similar old accounts that have apparently been hacked, or if not, the original user is showing early signs of dementia.

The accordion and 'machine spirit' post was hilarious and probably not understood by the majority of posters here.

Carry on.
View Quote

I got it, and got a chuckle. It's all good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_11-21-14_jpg-2397734.JPG
View Quote
I can understand why Tatiana is there escaping the war, but why is Andrei there?  Military aged male. He should be helping the Ukrainian effort to repel the invaders in some capacity if not a combat trooper.

When I see these types of photos, I'm reminded of that video of a Polish trucker in France yelling at the illegal migrates being pussies not fighting in their home country for their women.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#32]
" What the crossing over the Siversky Donets looks like now. More than 400 Russian soldiers killed by Ukrainian military at the Siversky Donets crossing in a few days  The New York Times"

(Hopefully more pics will surface in the coming days)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Go back and watch the video from that idiot in Belarus. Had their entire plan laid out including going in to Moldova. The Russians telegraphed what they intended to do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Yes, taking Kyiv was their intent from the get-go. They expected to go to Kyiv, destroy the existing government, and install a puppet regime as per usual Soviet doctrine. This was well publicized contemporaneously. They failed. And, even though they deployed thousands of troops and huge masses of equipment, they ended up getting pushed back to the border by the Ukrainians. In short, the Russians failed and continue to fail.

Link to documents?

Go back and watch the video from that idiot in Belarus. Had their entire plan laid out including going in to Moldova. The Russians telegraphed what they intended to do.

Did anyone ever post a translated version of that board of Lukashenko’s? I’m curious to know why it had the 1st CAV’s insignia and a map of CONUS on it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

LOL no. You’re insane.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

LOL no. You’re insane.

I doubt that the fellow who created the oswald01 account has any idea what some katsap is posting in his name.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#35]
Watch LIVE: Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby
View Quote

WATCH LIVE: Pentagon press secretary John Kirby holds news briefing
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#36]
"Trailed self-propelled howitzers FH70 155-mm caliber are already destroying the enemy on the front line - the General Staff of the APU

Thanks to the semi-automatic projectile loader, the trained crew can fire up to 6 shots per minute, almost every 10 seconds.

The FH70 has its own 1700 cc Volkswagen engine. cm, feeding the hydraulics of the gun when it is put into combat condition or folded. In addition, this engine allows the FH70 to travel independently without a tractor for a distance of up to 20 km at low speeds. That is FH70 trailed, but still self-propelled howitzer."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-06_jpg-2397653.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-05__3__jpg-2397654.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-05_jpg-2397655.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-05__2__jpg-2397656.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-04__3__jpg-2397657.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-04_jpg-2397658.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-26_05-06-04__2__jpg-2397659.JPG
View Quote

@R0N,
Can you wax poetic on the importance of a semi-automatic shell loader, and the impact of the seating of the round vs. the performance of the gun?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Remain indomitable Ukraine. Gonna be a long war imo we’ll past Christmas, so don’t lose hope, stay focused and determined even in the face of defeats, it can’t rain forever Attachment Attached File
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraines-deputy-minister-defence-maliar-132700467.htmlAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#38]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I know it's crazy but that looks fun as fuck.  A memory
I'd remember fondly for the rest of my life.  One of the
reasons there is war is:  men like it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I know what you mean, it does show that Ukrainian units are getting intel they are about to be hit and are quickly moving to other prepared areas to continue to fight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Tried to IM this story but your inbox is full. So fuck it.

I worked security at DARPA during OEF. One weekend a guy walked up to the door to get let in, which never happened. When I asked what he wanted he said “I just got off a flight from Afghanistan and I need to get this upstairs” and shows me a thumbdrive around his neck.

I’m like “that’s the most badass thing I’ve ever heard, but stand by a second”. He went right up

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

DARPA or Redstone Arsenal?

DARPA’s work is largely in the realm of technology that is decades away from fielding; really advanced concepts that seem like science fiction at present.  They get roped into some near-term projects like AI, but that’s the exception.

Tried to IM this story but your inbox is full. So fuck it.

I worked security at DARPA during OEF. One weekend a guy walked up to the door to get let in, which never happened. When I asked what he wanted he said “I just got off a flight from Afghanistan and I need to get this upstairs” and shows me a thumbdrive around his neck.

I’m like “that’s the most badass thing I’ve ever heard, but stand by a second”. He went right up

Counter IED maybe?  I know that was a huge deal at the time.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Please tell your handler we believe everything they told you to say.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Javelin shots on the Eastern front.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Notice how many of these mines failed to separate from their carrier. Is a high dud rate a further consequence of rough handling and bad storage of their munitions??

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Climbmadone] [#47]

View Quote

You should go away somewhere. Maybe back to dem underground and masterbate to beto orourk videos
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#49]
? ??????? ?????????? ????????? ???? ???????????? ???

Ukrainian EOD BIPing PTM-1 anti-personnel mines in Kharkiv

Delivered by 220mm rocket:
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Complete conjecture on my part but I think this could be either a nothingburger or attempt to distract Ukraine while the next battle focuses on the South https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-donetsk-government-and-politics-378419376879fa4d624d332b8443938a
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2023 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top