Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2027 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The Ever intelligent Lex Friedman (whose family is from Ukraine) on Rogan,

Lex Fridman's Analysis of Putin and Ukraine
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:

drone footage

View Quote

How many times did they tap it?   3?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Shockwave city.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
https://i.postimg.cc/T1PsrnpR/5-F4-AEB41-FAD9-4-A1-A-BE0-C-C380-BC1-C2619.jpg

For reference, this is what a rocket or missile will do too a BTR82
View Quote

For those in military vehicle circles, "Ran when Parked"...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I just saw a Tweet earlier suggesting Poland is committed to buying 500 M142 HIMARS systems. That would be enough to equip 83+ batteries or 27+ battalions! That is a shitload of heavy rocket artillery and an enormous investment by the Poles, if true. It sounds like they are planning to use the HIMARS down to division level if they are purchasing that many systems, not just as a corps asset. I am so impressed by how committed Poland has become to expanding and modernizing their military. In a few years Poland is going to be a freaking fortress with the mightiest army in Europe.
View Quote

Don’t those have like a 150+ mile range too?  That’s some serious reach out and touch someone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
This might as well be from the RU Defense Ministry, but just in case.

LPR says Severodonetsk is shut off
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Shockwave city.

View Quote

Extremely powerful weapon.

Even if troops aren't hit they're disabled by the shock much like Arch Light strikes in Vietnam.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Don’t those have like a 150+ mile range too?  That’s some serious reach out and touch someone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I just saw a Tweet earlier suggesting Poland is committed to buying 500 M142 HIMARS systems. That would be enough to equip 83+ batteries or 27+ battalions! That is a shitload of heavy rocket artillery and an enormous investment by the Poles, if true. It sounds like they are planning to use the HIMARS down to division level if they are purchasing that many systems, not just as a corps asset. I am so impressed by how committed Poland has become to expanding and modernizing their military. In a few years Poland is going to be a freaking fortress with the mightiest army in Europe.

If provided with the (A)TACMS round.  Normally the are loaded with M31 GMLRS but were originally developed to fire the M26 tactical rocket (DPICM) or the M30 GMLRS (DPICM or HE) guided rocket (aka missile)
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

500 is a lot considering the US only has 381!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Has there ever been a filmed tank duel? Ever?

We might be coming to a point where none will ever be filmed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
I firmly believe tanks don't ever actually contact each other.

No video evidence in this giant war.

How many active MBT vs active MBT kills in the whole war?

You seem upset that ATGM systems, artillery and AT mines are doing the needful, and Putin and Zelenskyy aren't providing you with the kind of combat you'd prefer to watch, in glorious drone 4K HD?

Maybe a tipping point has been reached in 21st century warfare in which MBTs will never, ever contact each other again, unless someone screwed the pooch tactically?

Has there ever been a filmed tank duel? Ever?

We might be coming to a point where none will ever be filmed.

Cologne 45 is probably the most notable.

Just because we haven't seen the vid from this war doesn't mean it doesn't maybe exist. It's also possible there isn't vid of tank on tank. But, we've seen tanks firing at something in the distance, tanks firing at infantry at close range, tanks firing at buildings, and tanks firing at APCs. We've seen a few tanks that looked like they had sabot hits. We're seeing 45s snitppets. There are weeks of footage we haven't seen and the vast majority we never will see.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TAP:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAP:
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
https://i.postimg.cc/T1PsrnpR/5-F4-AEB41-FAD9-4-A1-A-BE0-C-C380-BC1-C2619.jpg

For reference, this is what a rocket or missile will do too a BTR82

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTwxwT1WIAELu6A?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Like a boss
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#15]
"Lyubov Plaksyuk became the first female head of an artillery unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Plaksyuk comes from the town of Baranovka in the Zhytomyr region. Until 2016, she worked as a history teacher, but then she decided to join the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The woman went from radiotelephonist to commander of the control department, but the turning point in her career happened when she saw the work of a self-propelled artillery mount.

"When I saw the Hyacinth-S and drove for the first time in a car, the roar of which takes my breath away, I realized that this is mine! Artillery is a very complex science, the study of which never stops," says Lyubov."

(This is the first time I remember seeing one of UAs few 2S5s)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#16]
That is one badass History teacher.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#17]
"According to Foreign Policy, Ukraine has received a batch of several Su-25 attack aircraft and Mi-17 transport helicopters from Eastern European countries in disassembled condition."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:35:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#18]

Interview with Stopfake Journalist

"Ukraine is winning the information war. Russians, still dangerous, are going underground. Alex Zamkovoi is a journalist and fact-checker. In 2021, he joined Stopfake.org, where he researches the spread of Russian propaganda and disinformation." ARTICLE HERE

NOTE: StopFake started in 2014 when the Russian propaganda really ramped up against Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
File this one under "No shit".

⚡️ Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi said that in a conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin, he "does not see hope for peace" in Ukraine.

As emphasized on the website of the Italian government, Putin and Draghi discussed "the development of the situation in Ukraine, as well as efforts to find a common solution to the ongoing food crisis and its serious consequences for the world's poorest countries."

Telegram Link
View Quote

No calzones for the Italians!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:44:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#20]
Open Letter to Noam Chomsky (and other like-minded intellectuals) on the Russia-Ukraine War

Article is here.

Funny how MANY conservatives are ignoring that Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones/InfoWars.com, Nick "Let's Give It Up for Russia" Fuentes, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Joseph Watson, Paul Craig Roberts, WhatReallyHappened.com, BeforeItsNews.com, Hal Turner, AllNewsPipeline.com, TheBurningPlatform.com, SteveQuayle.com, Tim Pool, Clayton Morris, etc., etc. are in lock step with communist Noam Chomsky on Russia and Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#21]
A shoot and scoot Artillery action in Eastern Ukraine

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/new/

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

I will take your word for it :)
Was going to call it a "fuse" then settled on schnoz because obviously wrong is better than subtly incorrect
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Matador rocket launcher. This is one configuration. I've seen it look a couple different ways, I believe it has to do with a safety cover or something.

https://photo.weaponsystems.net/image/s-lightbox/n-MATADOR/--/img/ws/iw_rl_matador_o1.jpg

https://old.weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/BB04%20-%20MATADOR.html

MATADOR has two modes. The photo has the schnoz extended for HEAT mode. You can also fire it in HESH mode and the schnoz is retracted into the warhead.

If you're wondering, 'schnoz' is a technical term. Non-technical people call it a dingus or sometimes a thingamabob.

You mean stand off fuzing probe?

I will take your word for it :)
Was going to call it a "fuse" then settled on schnoz because obviously wrong is better than subtly incorrect

Are you SURE you want to use probe?

He probed the Russians?

I'm not sure schnoz is any better though... He schnozzed the Russians... sounds like a weird GD fetish soooo...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]
Thermal image of Russian Kamikaze drones in Kharkiv region.   Edit:  These may be ATGM's, not drones according to the discussion.

I would hope Ukraine has enough guys with thermal imagers to scan the skies for these things, against the cold sky, you can see small drones for miles with a thermal viewer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uyv22i/russian_kamikaze_uavs_in_the_kharkiv_region/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Thermal image of Russian Kamikaze drones in Kharkiv region.   Edit:  These may be ATGM's, not drones according to the discussion.

I would hope Ukraine has enough guys with thermal imagers to scan the skies for these things, against the cold sky, you can see small drones for miles with a thermal viewer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uyv22i/russian_kamikaze_uavs_in_the_kharkiv_region/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

That is the thermal flare in the tail of an ATGM to allow the control unit’s sensor to track the missile to apply corrections.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

What's the defense against this other than to not be there?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View All Quotes

Smoke between the target and the launcher, non predicated movement , suppression of the launcher/control unit.  Active defense systems like Trophy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Lyubov Plaksyuk became the first female head of an artillery unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Plaksyuk comes from the town of Baranovka in the Zhytomyr region. Until 2016, she worked as a history teacher, but then she decided to join the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The woman went from radiotelephonist to commander of the control department, but the turning point in her career happened when she saw the work of a self-propelled artillery mount.

"When I saw the Hyacinth-S and drove for the first time in a car, the roar of which takes my breath away, I realized that this is mine! Artillery is a very complex science, the study of which never stops," says Lyubov."

(This is the first time I remember seeing one of UAs few 2S5s)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-27_10-00-40_jpg-2398609.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-27_10-00-40__2__jpg-2398611.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-27_10-00-39_jpg-2398612.JPG
View Quote

She seems to have the PERFECT attitude. She wants to use that thing to bring the hate, and she loves it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

FWIW the Russian Zala KYB drone has a 3kg warhead - 100x more than a Switchblade 300 or simple hand grenade, but less than half of a Switchblade 600 or Javelin.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Yes, that's exactly what Russia will say.

But they know they can't throw nukes. Putin and his cronies want to be rich and powerful. If they start throwing nukes, there's a very high probability they lose everything. Launching nukes would be an act of suicide, an they know it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
The real nightmare is if Russia controls territory enough that they are able to officially annex it and declare it Part of Russia. At which point they will frame any attempt at counter attack / liberations as an Invasion of Russia...

They have made previous mention that they would consider any attempt at retaking Crimea as an Invasion of Russia which could (actually) see the deployment of nuclear weapons, as opposed to the normal saber rattling.

Thats the real risk of an Armstice / cease fire / allowing Russia to control territory.

Yes, that's exactly what Russia will say.

But they know they can't throw nukes. Putin and his cronies want to be rich and powerful. If they start throwing nukes, there's a very high probability they lose everything. Launching nukes would be an act of suicide, an they know it.

More bullshit Russian propaganda in OP.  Russia has explicitly stated that Ukraine was illegally carved out of Russia.  Ukraine does not exist as an independent nation.  It is Russian territory in their view, so they could just as easily extend that threat to the whole of Ukraine.
The exact same thing can be said of Finland, Poland, and the Baltics.  All were “illegally carved out of Russia” over the last 100 years.
This is just pieces of shit flogging their limp nuclear dick for all its worth.  Fuck them.  Call the bluff.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#30]

That is the thermal flare in the tail of an ATGM to allow the control unit’s sensor to track the missile to apply corrections.
View All Quotes

Yea, I was thinking that especially on the second one, it seems to be spinning like the Kornet atgm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Drone jammers, plus what R0N said, you can use smoke to obscure and maneuver.  Important to know it's there.   I know Ukraine got some US made mini radar systems that are for detecting small drones specifically.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

That’s a huge advantage.  With US recon data, Ukraine could just post up, set up AA screening with Patriots and fighters, and just pound every Russian on Ukrainian soil.  Just liquidate those motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Poland has a lot at stake in this. They’re essentially fighting the Russians in Ukrain so they don’t have to fight them in Poland
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Open Letter to Noam Chomsky (and other like-minded intellectuals) on the Russia-Ukraine War

Article is here.

Funny how MANY conservatives are ignoring that Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones/InfoWars.com, Nick "Let's Give It Up for Russia" Fuentes, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Paul Joseph Watson, Paul Craig Roberts, WhatReallyHappened.com, BeforeItsNews.com, Hal Turner, AllNewsPipeline.com, TheBurningPlatform.com, SteveQuayle.com, etc., etc. are in lock step with communist Noam Chomsky on Russia and Ukraine.
View Quote

Chomsky is the textbook definition of a hack.  He makes Neil deGrasse Tyson look intelligent.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
https://www.kyivpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/photo_2022-05-27_17-05-10-800x520.jpg

Interview with Stopfake Journalist

"Ukraine is winning the information war. Russians, still dangerous, are going underground. Alex Zamkovoi is a journalist and fact-checker. In 2021, he joined Stopfake.org, where he researches the spread of Russian propaganda and disinformation." ARTICLE HERE

NOTE: StopFake started in 2014 when the Russian propaganda really ramped up against Ukraine.
View Quote

Adrien Bocquet. I wonder what the motivation is for this prick. It seems there are always people eager to listen to somebody who is saying that things are not what they seem. Not exactly conspiracy theorists, but people who are always automatically suspicious.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

They're taking notes, and artillery is doing most of the work for both sides. Poland has always taken the threat of the new soviet union seriously. Remember Fort Trump when Germany was refusing to pay their NATO dues?
View Quote

They need a new treaty network to replace NATO.  Call it NextOrc and is for all the like-minded countries that are lined up in Russia's sights.  Might include a couple of central Asian countries too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

12 gauge with some kind of steel load. Or maybe copper coated lead. Practicing to lead them would be pretty expensive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#38]

12 gauge with some kind of steel load. Or maybe copper coated lead. Practicing to lead them would be pretty expensive.
View All Quotes

Shotguns cannot reach a sufficient altitude for most small drones. There is system called SMASH that you can add to a rifle or machine gun that allows engagement of UAS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
Russian atgm hits Ukrainian trench, seems like everyone was okay, it hit the berm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRussiaReport/comments/uyxnrr/ru_pov_atgm_against_ukrainian_trench_near_avdiivka/
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#40]

I can't vouch for these statements. The first was also reportedly stated by the DoD a few weeks ago.:

*More than 60% of Russian missiles do not hit the target

*Two-three out of ten missiles do not launch or explode during the flight, - Newsweek reports, citing data from the US Department of Defense.
View Quote

I posted earlier that reportedly reading Russia’s solid rocket 122mm Grad (successor to the ww2 Katushka) uses solid fuel which has chemically deteriorated due to the age of the rockets used.

The system was designed in the early 60s.  By now, the Russians are likely using very old stockpiles.

The larger 300mm Smerch also uses solid fuel.

The result is the rockets are increasingly inaccurate, and less effective at things like hitting the trench systems targeted.

Similarly, Russian artillery is reportedly now using very old artillery fuses, which often fail, or move too slowly , resulting in rounds detonating only when they have buried themselves in the ground.

Edit:  the deployment of T-62s  corroborates the believe the Russians are in a desperate supply situation, while the West may soon (I hope) send the Ukrainians western MLRS systems.

IMHO, the biggest mistake the west can make would be to negotiate now.  

Bring Russia to its knees.  End Putin now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#41]
"BMPT "Terminator-2" together with tanks are fighting near Severodonetsk."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

"BMPT "Terminator-2", which have already participated in the battles. The feedback from the fighters who worked next to the machines is the best. "Terminators" for the battle shot the entire ammunition into the enemy"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#42]
A lot of baloney gets spread in the Internet on this war because they believe the numbers Ukraine government puts out on losses.  Now we are seeing quite a different story where loses on the Ukraine side have been significant, not just the russians.

This is a war of attrition, primarily boots.  That war, russia has the upper hand. I've stated this before but some didn't like it and counter-argued the opposite. Russia has more boots than Ukraine, and a much larger supply pipeline of military aged males to fill empty boots.  A contrasting telling about Ukraine's position is the fleeing of military aged males as war refugees, but not staying in their country to defend it against invaders.

For the Ukrainians, this is not their Vietnam of fighting foreign wars. This is about their land, freedom, women, and their future.  I would think the cowards would stay in that case.   We see many articles about those males fleeing and making stupid decisions that will have consequences.  Like the one guy who is more concerned with his rescue cats, than his country which is in a perilous state.

Ukraine is on a path to lose this war, and will be forced into settling into a compromise that will give up too much land and resources to russia that will hurt later.  Time is not on their side here.

There absolutely needs to be more active participation by NATO, particularly the European NATO countries, and lead by them.  They need to start with a no-fly zone, and own the skies above Ukraine.  They can start westward and work their way forward to the east as I and others have suggested.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Loading requires training? Really?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By mbinky:
The T62 requires a crewman to load.  I wonder how many well trained loaders the Russians have laying around since all of their newer tanks use auto loaders.

Loading requires training? Really?

Yeah no training required for someone to sit inches away from a 2.35 ton gun and breech assembly recoiling 24” with +250 tons of force where the speed of reloading is vital.

It is, I believe, the place where tank crews start as it is not as difficult as the other positions within the tank.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

I posted earlier that reportedly reading Russia’s solid rocket 122mm Grad (successor to the ww2 Katushka) uses solid fuel which has chemically deteriorated due to the age of the rockets used.

The system was designed in the early 60s.  By now, the Russians are likely using very old stockpiles.

The result is the rockets are increasingly inaccurate, and less effective at things like hitting the trench systems targeted.

Similarly, Russian artillery is reportedly now using very old artillery fuses, which often fail, or move too slowly , resulting in rounds detonating only when they have buried themselves in the ground.

View All Quotes

I can't vouch for these statements. The first was also reportedly stated by the DoD a few weeks ago.:

*Two-three out of ten missiles do not launch or explode during the flight, - Newsweek reports, citing data from the US Department of Defense.

Rocket burn is often erratic and because of that ballistic rockets have large CEP, the propellant used in them can degrade if not stowed properly but I can guarantee no could  tell the difference between a large firing of degraded and non degraded rockets.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#45]

Rocket burn is often erratic and because of that ballistic rockets have large CEP, the propellant used in them can degrade if not stowed properly but I can guarantee no could  tell the difference between a large firing of degraded and non degraded rockets.
View All Quotes

(Laughs in "Eject Only" malfunction drill)

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#46]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
A lot of baloney gets spread in the Internet on this war because they believe the numbers Ukraine government puts out on losses.  Now we are seeing quite a different story where loses on the Ukraine side have been significant, not just the russians.

This is a war of attrition, primarily boots.  That war, russia has the upper hand. I've stated this before but some didn't like it and counter-argued the opposite. Russia has more boots than Ukraine, and a much larger supply pipeline of military aged males to fill empty boots.  A contrasting telling about Ukraine's position is the fleeing of military aged males as war refugees, but not staying in their country to defend it against invaders.

For the Ukrainians, this is not their Vietnam of fighting foreign wars. This is about their land, freedom, women, and their future.  I would think the cowards would stay in that case.   We see many articles about those males fleeing and making stupid decisions that will have consequences.  Like the one guy who is more concerned with his rescue cats, than his country which is in a perilous state.

Ukraine is on a path to lose this war, and will be forced into settling into a compromise that will give up too much land and resources to russia that will hurt later.  Time is not on their side here.

There absolutely needs to be more active participation by NATO, particularly the European NATO countries, and lead by them.  They need to start with a no-fly zone, and own the skies above Ukraine.  They can start westward and work their way forward to the east as I and others have suggested.
View Quote

It is difficult to believe anything said publicly by the Russian federation.

However, I do believe RF leaders have made enough threats to attack neighboring countries that we can take them seriously.

NATO needs to do more to prepare - especially the Baltics.

And the west needs to take all measures possible to support Ukraine, since we have a chance to seriously degrade Russia right now, on Ukrainian soil.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By batjka104:
Russians allegedly captured some Switchblade drones:

https://t.me/RVvoenkor/13689?single
View Quote

Propaganda. That is a damaged Switchblade so might have been jammed or whatever. There is a shrapnel hole on the right. And we don’t ship Switchblades in wooden boxes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Kharkiv is the big deal right now.  They just retook their second biggest city.  They are expending a lot of resources on expanding their hold on the areas around Kharkiv.

The UA military is holding back Russia in a front that is hundreds of kilometers long.  But they are also mounting counter offensives in the south from Kherson to Dontesk.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By 1stID:

The counter-argument I've seen is that they are older, tanks left in storage in the Crimea, and the Russians are going to give them to the local National Guard style forces, not use them for their own forces.  

Besides, wasn't Russia supposed to be out of missals and tanks and men and fuel over two months ago?  And yet, they keep advancing.

Keep advancing? In the second month they gave up half the territory they gained in the first month and in the third month they pushed a tenth of the front 15km forward and you say they keep advancing like that’s something impressive?

Kharkiv is the big deal right now.  They just retook their second biggest city.  They are expending a lot of resources on expanding their hold on the areas around Kharkiv.

The UA military is holding back Russia in a front that is hundreds of kilometers long.  But they are also mounting counter offensives in the south from Kherson to Dontesk.

They didn’t retake Kharkiv, they never lost it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Shockwave city.

View Quote

I like how she tagged those three.

The time for talking is completely passed. Putin has shown exactly what kind of leader he is, and the character of the Russian invasion is completely clear. The idea that you can reason with him should now seem completely idiotic.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Russian BTR seems to hit a mine.  Looks like someone stumbles out and takes a step before collapsing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uz244l/russian_btr_gets_blown_up_zaporizhia_oblast_may/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2027 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top