Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2028 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By oswald01:

Good example of air bursts using proximity fuses. With that drone overhead and that sort of accurate incoming, my ass would be doing the bug out boggie from that trench line. Especially if I know that artillery is not getting effective counter fire from my side.

That's not combat, that's a turkey shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Good example of air bursts using proximity fuses. With that drone overhead and that sort of accurate incoming, my ass would be doing the bug out boggie from that trench line. Especially if I know that artillery is not getting effective counter fire from my side.

That's not combat, that's a turkey shoot.

What have you been smoking?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

Someone_official will be along shortly to remind us that the UA doesnt need those MIG29's and they are worthless to them...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
https://www.kyivpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/photo_2022-05-27_17-05-10-800x520.jpg

Interview with Stopfake Journalist

"Ukraine is winning the information war. Russians, still dangerous, are going underground. Alex Zamkovoi is a journalist and fact-checker. In 2021, he joined Stopfake.org, where he researches the spread of Russian propaganda and disinformation." ARTICLE HERE

NOTE: StopFake started in 2014 when the Russian propaganda really ramped up against Ukraine.
View Quote

Should have said "pretend intellectuals" or "intellectuals in their own minds", but whatever.

Those visitors to this thread who think nuclear weapons are reason enough not to go to the limit with Russia should also read this. It also rips up the other garbage arguments usually raised by Russia shills.

Open Letter to Noam Chomsky (and other like-minded intellectuals) on the Russia-Ukraine war
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
A lot of baloney gets spread in the Internet on this war because they believe the numbers Ukraine government puts out on losses.  Now we are seeing quite a different story where loses on the Ukraine side have been significant, not just the russians.

This is a war of attrition, primarily boots.  That war, russia has the upper hand. I've stated this before but some didn't like it and counter-argued the opposite. Russia has more boots than Ukraine, and a much larger supply pipeline of military aged males to fill empty boots.  A contrasting telling about Ukraine's position is the fleeing of military aged males as war refugees, but not staying in their country to defend it against invaders.

For the Ukrainians, this is not their Vietnam of fighting foreign wars. This is about their land, freedom, women, and their future.  I would think the cowards would stay in that case.   We see many articles about those males fleeing and making stupid decisions that will have consequences.  Like the one guy who is more concerned with his rescue cats, than his country which is in a perilous state.

Ukraine is on a path to lose this war, and will be forced into settling into a compromise that will give up too much land and resources to russia that will hurt later.  Time is not on their side here.

There absolutely needs to be more active participation by NATO, particularly the European NATO countries, and lead by them.  They need to start with a no-fly zone, and own the skies above Ukraine.  They can start westward and work their way forward to the east as I and others have suggested.
View Quote

Ukraine has plans to field a million man army. It takes time when you actually train them to be combat effective. Russia has proven they are not concerned with effective troops, just large numbers of them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Those visitors to this thread who think nuclear weapons are reason enough not to go to the limit with Russia should also read this. It also rips up the other garbage arguments usually raised by Russia shills.
View Quote

The conclusion of not being willing to stop aggression for fear of nuclear reprisal is that the non-pillaging states will eventually be subservient to a global axis controlled by Russia, China, North Korea and possibly a nuclear Iran - barely securing the borders of our own nuclear states and cowering in fear behind that deterrence. Pakistan or India might also decide some empire expansion is in order, in that threat environment.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Ukraine has plans to field a million man army. It takes time when you actually train them to be combat effective. Russia has proven they are not concerned with effective troops, just large numbers of them.
View Quote

It's also not like Russian provincials, Chechens, Syrians and Russian-aligned Donbas Ukrainians are of any import to Moscow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]

The only thing regrettable about this situation is, there wasn't anyone around to finish destroying the enemy vehicles and personnel after they hit the mine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Excellent analysis. As well, the long game needs to be factored in. Putin is hoping through the process of de-natzification after hostlities end, whatever is left of Ukraine will seek to become a free standing nation, neutral (not a NATO member) with a minimal military that does not threaten Russia and seeks economic growth.

As Putin himself pointed out, Ukraine's living standard as part of the USSR was something like 3 times than that under the Western imposed oligarchs which only got worse after the 2014 coup. The huge impact of the 2014 coup was to bring the Nazis to the forefront both in political power and military power. At the start of the Russian SMO, about one half of Ukraine's military strength, 100,000 men, were in Nazi units who did not report to the Ukraine Military high command. These Nazi units were deployed in the East bordering the Donbas.

A primary Russian goal was to destroy the Ukraine Nazi units facing the Donbas with Mariupol being their headquarters. The primary military goal of the feint aspect of the initial movement toward Kiev was to draw away or at least minimize support for the Nazi units in the East and South. The political goal was to make an effort to present support for the regular Ukraine military to stage a coup. In addition, Putin could use this domestically to garner support. The Russian people see Ukrainians more as cousins so to speak rather than foreign enemies. That is, too heavy a hand initially would have played to foreign propaganda. Nevertheless, throughout the SMO Russia has sought to minimize civilian casualties not least because so far in the territory of the SMO the bulk of civilians are pro-Russian as opposed to the pro-West Kiev regime.

Finally, Putin can always point to this feint on Kiev as proof that the initial approach of the SMO was for it to be carried out with as little blood as possible. In the years ahead this could pay great dividends. The Russians are no "pikers" when it comes to expanding their empire.

View Quote

Wow, just wow! Like every Russian troll talking point in one. Maybe you should number them?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

It seems like Russia is only concerned with adequate training for a small echelon of their assault troops, tip of the spear I guess. With the other 95% of their troops just being place holders, occupiers, truck drivers etc.

With some of the actual combat footage I have seen in this threat, some of their soldiers seem very aggressive and competent, at least in close combat. These may be Wagner or Chechen assholes but they aggressively shoot, move, and throw lots of grenades.  Some examples are the recent UA trench clearing/assault and the battle against the UA soldiers barricaded in a small house with Russians moving in and throwing grenades.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Excellent analysis. As well, the long game needs to be factored in. Putin is hoping through the process of de-natzification after hostlities end, whatever is left of Ukraine will seek to become a free standing nation, neutral (not a NATO member) with a minimal military that does not threaten Russia and seeks economic growth.

As Putin himself pointed out, Ukraine's living standard as part of the USSR was something like 3 times than that under the Western imposed oligarchs which only got worse after the 2014 coup. The huge impact of the 2014 coup was to bring the Nazis to the forefront both in political power and military power. At the start of the Russian SMO, about one half of Ukraine's military strength, 100,000 men, were in Nazi units who did not report to the Ukraine Military high command. These Nazi units were deployed in the East bordering the Donbas.

A primary Russian goal was to destroy the Ukraine Nazi units facing the Donbas with Mariupol being their headquarters. The primary military goal of the feint aspect of the initial movement toward Kiev was to draw away or at least minimize support for the Nazi units in the East and South. The political goal was to make an effort to present support for the regular Ukraine military to stage a coup. In addition, Putin could use this domestically to garner support. The Russian people see Ukrainians more as cousins so to speak rather than foreign enemies. That is, too heavy a hand initially would have played to foreign propaganda. Nevertheless, throughout the SMO Russia has sought to minimize civilian casualties not least because so far in the territory of the SMO the bulk of civilians are pro-Russian as opposed to the pro-West Kiev regime.

Finally, Putin can always point to this feint on Kiev as proof that the initial approach of the SMO was for it to be carried out with as little blood as possible. In the years ahead this could pay great dividends. The Russians are no "pikers" when it comes to expanding their empire.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
T62 master strategy:

https://i.redd.it/a7am13guqu191.png
View Quote

Russia used T-62s in the 2008 war with Georgia. I'm sure they have plenty of people they can use to put crews into them or at least train younger people to use them. They've only retired them for about a decade at this point.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

As this conflict continues, I suspect soldiers will learn not to bunch up like that.

They invited an attack like that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Russian suicide drone (their version of the Switchblade 300/600 / Polish Warmate) used to brutal effect against a group of UA infantry.

Drones like this will be a feature of the modern battlefield going forward; we're likely to view the IED days of GWOT as the 'good old days' 20 years from now.

As this conflict continues, I suspect soldiers will learn not to bunch up like that.

They invited an attack like that.

That video is questionable. But in regards to them bunching up, that goes all the way back to green troops in WWII. Despite their training they tended to bunch up because they were scared and being close to another human being helped them manage that, and helped them die in great numbers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
With some of the actual combat footage I have seen in this threat, some of their soldiers seem very aggressive and competent, at least in close combat. These may be Wagner or Chechen assholes but they aggressively shoot, move, and throw lots of grenades.  Some examples are the recent UA trench clearing/assault and the battle against the UA soldiers barricaded in a small house with Russians moving in and throwing grenades.
View Quote

It's also true that after three months of combat, many of the RF idiots have been deaded, and the cowards and smarter/less warlike ones have refused active combat where they have been able to do so.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't we take out like 1,000 tanks in the first gulf War?

Is there no tank v. tank footage of that?

Or was that too much of a turkey shoot and not what folks are looking for?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Shotguns cannot reach a sufficient altitude for most small drones. There is system called SMASH that you can add to a rifle or machine gun that allows engagement of UAS.
View Quote

SMASH 2000 PLUS
SMASH 2000 PLUS is based on the SMASH 2000 system but includes a Counter UAS Mode that provides for the kinetic elimination of small, low-flying drones.

https://www.smart-shooter.com/products/

It's just about like the Tracking Point system from a few years ago which is now owned by Talon Precison Optics in florida. This is actually a great idea.  The system helps you decide what the target is. Once you have done that, the computed figures out where the target is going to be and when, then won't let you press the trigger unless it is in just the right place, and then it releases the trigger to be fired.

And holy shit.

"SMASH HOPPER
The SMASH HOPPER is a light-weight Remote Controlled Weapon Station (RCWS) using SMASH Fire Control technology. SMASH HOPPER provides operators the remote capability to engage ground targets and small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).

The combination of lightweight and compact size of the SMASH HOPPER makes the system perfectly suited for complex urban areas, borders, and sensitive infrastructure and situations where a low signature is required. The HOPPER can be mounted in several configurations, including a tripod, fixed mast, surface vessel, and vehicles.  The SMASH Fire Control tracking and locking capability enable the system to maintain its lock while maneuvering on land or sea.

The SMASH HOPPER can also be integrated into an existing Command-and-Control (C2) system, providing operators with the ability to hand-off or receive targets across existing communications networks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian troops breaking out of Russian encirclement at Lyman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uybulm/armed_forces_of_ukraine_break_out_of_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

I hope it was a single vehicle rather than a convoy because there was no one in front of them or behind them at the end.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NHTriumph:
Didn't we take out like 1,000 tanks in the first gulf War?

Is there no tank v. tank footage of that?

Or was that too much of a turkey shoot and not what folks are looking for?
View Quote

We didn't have super high res drones to record any footage. The assets which had cameras to record action were generally not tasked to ground-pounding MBT on MBT action.

Did we even have the ability to capture and disseminate TC or Gunner footage from M1s in the early 90s? If the US had that capability, the footage didn't get wide release like the tomahawk guidance and aircraft gun camera footage did.

That's why we get after-the-fact footage from "the highway of death" or "73 easting", and not live-action coverage.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
What a babe.

View Quote

Amazing drummer with Down's syndrome!

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Wow, just wow! Like every Russian troll talking point in one. Maybe you should number them?
View Quote

The name fits and read some past posts very choppy english.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I know it's crazy but that looks fun as fuck.  A memory
I'd remember fondly for the rest of my life.  One of the
reasons there is war is:  men like it.
View All Quotes
Ukrainian troops breaking out of Russian encirclement at Lyman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uybulm/armed_forces_of_ukraine_break_out_of_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I know it's crazy but that looks fun as fuck.  A memory
I'd remember fondly for the rest of my life.  One of the
reasons there is war is:  men like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#22]

There absolutely needs to be more active participation by NATO, particularly the European NATO countries, and lead by them.  They need to start with a no-fly zone, and own the skies above Ukraine.  They can start westward and work their way forward to the east as I and others have suggested.
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:59:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]
Ukrainian 95th taking two Piorun manpad shots at Russian  Ka-52 lofting rockets, it takes at least one hit and can be seen hitting the ground with smoke. Kharkiv area.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uz3irx/ukrainian_soldiers_targeting_russian_ka52_with/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#26]
A lot of baloney gets spread in the Internet on this war because they believe the numbers Ukraine government puts out on losses.  Now we are seeing quite a different story where loses on the Ukraine side have been significant, not just the russians.

This is a war of attrition, primarily boots.  That war, russia has the upper hand. I've stated this before but some didn't like it and counter-argued the opposite. Russia has more boots than Ukraine, and a much larger supply pipeline of military aged males to fill empty boots.  A contrasting telling about Ukraine's position is the fleeing of military aged males as war refugees, but not staying in their country to defend it against invaders.

For the Ukrainians, this is not their Vietnam of fighting foreign wars. This is about their land, freedom, women, and their future.  I would think the cowards would stay in that case.   We see many articles about those males fleeing and making stupid decisions that will have consequences.  Like the one guy who is more concerned with his rescue cats, than his country which is in a perilous state.

Ukraine is on a path to lose this war, and will be forced into settling into a compromise that will give up too much land and resources to russia that will hurt later.  Time is not on their side here.

View Quote

I'll take the other side of this. Russia has fewer willing fighting aged males, especially younger ones, than Ukraine. They have had a huge "brain drain" as the reports have indicated hundreds of thousands of young Russians leaving for greener pastures (or, at least, pastures that won't take them away from white collar jobs in favor of getting killed in a senseless war). Ukraine is able to raise a far larger army than Russia at this point simply because of demographics.

Winning this war is more than just finding boots to send to the front. It involves equipment, weapons, supplies, and tactics all of which heavily disfavor the Russians. The Russians cannot sustain the so-called major offensive they started and if the reports are correct, their "advance" is over in most areas and limited in the areas they are making slow forward progress. The Russians also don't have a method to continue to pay for the costs of this war. The Ukrainians don't have that problem since the rest of the world is paying the tab for them. The Russians have no method to stop the Ukrainians from ultimately pushing them back to the 1994 borders. As to whether it takes weeks or months, that has yet to be determined. But every week of sustained effort on the part of the Russians makes their army that much weaker, same with their economy. The opposite is true of Ukraine.

Totally agree about NATO taking a more active role. Exactly what that role is may be as you suggest or possible something different. What needs to stop is the foot-dragging some NATO members seem to be having. The US needs to get longer range weaponry to them to allow Ukraine to destroy the Russians outside return-fire range. The Russians only have so many longer-range missiles and they've consumed a bunch that can't be replaced. They will also want to retain a bunch along the NATO border because of paranoia, same with personnel and other weaponry. The Ukrainians only have to worry about fighting the Russians inside their border. The Russians have to worry about fighting an ever-expanding (due to Putin's stupid war) NATO across hundreds to thousands of miles.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:

Holy shit that was awesome!

Someone freeze-framed the hit on the tank.  It was a good shot.
View Quote

I couldn’t see a hit, he ran in  the o the woods too soon. Where’s this freeze frame?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Has there ever been a filmed tank duel? Ever?

We might be coming to a point where none will ever be filmed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
I firmly believe tanks don’t ever actually contact each other.

No video evidence in this giant war.

How many active MBT vs active MBT kills in the whole war?

You seem upset that ATGM systems, artillery and AT mines are doing the needful, and Putin and Zelenskyy aren't providing you with the kind of combat you'd prefer to watch, in glorious drone 4K HD?

Maybe a tipping point has been reached in 21st century warfare in which MBTs will never, ever contact each other again, unless someone screwed the pooch tactically?

There's an old video from the beginning of the Syrian civil war of two T-55s run across each other and if i remember right the Rebel T-55 wins.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

https://www.smart-shooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/smash-2000.png

SMASH 2000 PLUS
SMASH 2000 PLUS is based on the SMASH 2000 system but includes a Counter UAS Mode that provides for the kinetic elimination of small, low-flying drones.

https://www.smart-shooter.com/products/

It's just about like the Tracking Point system from a few years ago which is now owned by Talon Precison Optics in florida. This is actually a great idea.  The system helps you decide what the target is. Once you have done that, the computed figures out where the target is going to be and when, then won't let you press the trigger unless it is in just the right place, and then it releases the trigger to be fired.

And holy shit.

https://www.smart-shooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/smash-hopper.png

"SMASH HOPPER
The SMASH HOPPER is a light-weight Remote Controlled Weapon Station (RCWS) using SMASH Fire Control technology. SMASH HOPPER provides operators the remote capability to engage ground targets and small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).

The combination of lightweight and compact size of the SMASH HOPPER makes the system perfectly suited for complex urban areas, borders, and sensitive infrastructure and situations where a low signature is required. The HOPPER can be mounted in several configurations, including a tripod, fixed mast, surface vessel, and vehicles.  The SMASH Fire Control tracking and locking capability enable the system to maintain its lock while maneuvering on land or sea.

The SMASH HOPPER can also be integrated into an existing Command-and-Control (C2) system, providing operators with the ability to hand-off or receive targets across existing communications networks.
View Quote

Needs a large drum mag.

Hermann
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#30]
Ukrainian 45th Artillery hitting Russian equipment in Hulyaipil's'Kyi in Zaporizhia district, good drone footage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uz545s/footage_of_the_ukrainian_45th_artillery_brigade/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Twitter link of above.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#31]

The conclusion of not being willing to stop aggression for fear of nuclear reprisal is that the non-pillaging states will eventually be subservient to a global axis controlled by Russia, China, North Korea and possibly a nuclear Iran - barely securing the borders of our own nuclear states and cowering in fear behind that deterrence. Pakistan or India might also decide some empire expansion is in order, in that threat environment.
View All Quotes

Agreement
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#32]

They didn’t retake Kharkiv, they never lost it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By 1stID:

The counter-argument I've seen is that they are older, tanks left in storage in the Crimea, and the Russians are going to give them to the local National Guard style forces, not use them for their own forces.  

Besides, wasn't Russia supposed to be out of missals and tanks and men and fuel over two months ago?  And yet, they keep advancing.

Keep advancing? In the second month they gave up half the territory they gained in the first month and in the third month they pushed a tenth of the front 15km forward and you say they keep advancing like that’s something impressive?

Kharkiv is the big deal right now.  They just retook their second biggest city.  They are expending a lot of resources on expanding their hold on the areas around Kharkiv.

The UA military is holding back Russia in a front that is hundreds of kilometers long.  But they are also mounting counter offensives in the south from Kherson to Dontesk.

They didn’t retake Kharkiv, they never lost it.

And a large part of the RU forces withdrew, they weren’t pushed back in counter-attack or destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#33]
Bundeskanzler Olaf Scholz absolutely steps in it:

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Ukrainian 45th Artillery hitting Russian equipment in Hulyaipil's'Kyi in Zaporizhia district, good drone footage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/uz545s/footage_of_the_ukrainian_45th_artillery_brigade/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Twitter link of above.

View Quote

Great video! Those almost have to be guided munitions.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Twitter link of above.

I'm thinking they are using a higher percentage of guided rounds when you see the Russian forces in neighborhoods like that.  When the target is in open fields you see tons of unguided impacts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Bundeskanzler Olaf Scholz absolutely steps in it:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/A3BA1448-DF7A-4F17-9322-EB3534E25172-481.gif
View Quote

Of all the stupid attempts at being erudite, this is the worst.
A drunk college philosophy freshman would be embarrassed to have said that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ghostmonkey:

Russia used T-62s in the 2008 war with Georgia. I'm sure they have plenty of people they can use to put crews into them or at least train younger people to use them. They've only retired them for about a decade at this point.
View Quote

Or they are giving them to the LPR and DPR.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Excellent point.  But there’s another key distinction:

- Ukraine has adopted very Western philosophies of war, including use of NCOs, effective combined arms, independence, etc.  they also value the lives of their soldiers in a way Russia does not.

- Russia is relying on a rag tag mix of raw conscripts from the very poorest, most stupid underclass because any thinking Russian finds a way to bribe their son out of frontline service.  

- nearly all Russians do not want to be there; they are very reluctant fighters.  Add to that: the Chechens apparently got into a firefight with (was it Inguishians?) - “soldiers” from an area close to the Mongolian border , even though they fight on the same side.

Russian strategy seems to be:  toss every man into the meat grinder and hope we do not lose.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#40]

There's an old video from the beginning of the Syrian civil war of two T-55s run across each other and if i remember right the Rebel T-55 wins.
View All Quotes
I firmly believe tanks don’t ever actually contact each other.

No video evidence in this giant war.

How many active MBT vs active MBT kills in the whole war?

You seem upset that ATGM systems, artillery and AT mines are doing the needful, and Putin and Zelenskyy aren't providing you with the kind of combat you'd prefer to watch, in glorious drone 4K HD?

Maybe a tipping point has been reached in 21st century warfare in which MBTs will never, ever contact each other again, unless someone screwed the pooch tactically?

Wasn't the video from WW2 Germany where a Sherman was hit and a American flops out minus his lower leg the result of tank vs tank ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiberius] [#41]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

It’d be nice if those virtue-signaling shitheads in the Xiden Regime could keep their mouths shut just once and let something like that be a very ugly surprise for the orcs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

It’d be nice if those virus-signaling shitheads in the Ciden Regime could keep their mouths shut just once and let something like that be a very ugly surprise for the orcs.
View Quote

Who gives a fuck? Everyone with a cell phone in Poland or Germany is going to snap a picture at their local train station when they reach the region.

The rockets will be plenty surprising all by themselves, when they are fired.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#43]
Originally Posted By deputyrpa:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deputyrpa:

They started reactivation drills around 2016 and planning to equip replacement BTGs with them. Look back at 2015-2016 for the links.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#44]
This past week has seemed to have totally demoralized a number of people here. Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sq40:
This past week has seemed to have totally demoralized a number of people here. Interesting.
View Quote

I think we're all getting tired of seeing the war dragging on and on when shortening it would only require courage on the part of western governments.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#46]
"Steel heroes with a big heart!

Details: During the fighting at the Azovstal plant, many animals found refuge with our Soldiers.
The fighters rescued dogs that were left without owners, treated cats and shared with them everything they had.
Some tailed ones were lucky enough to escape from hell and find a new home thanks to the loving hearts of our Defenders!
And our heroes have realized their dreams: to get animals, even in such a difficult time."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Excellent point.  But there's another key distinction:

- Ukraine has adopted very Western philosophies of war, including use of NCOs, effective combined arms, independence, etc.  they also value the lives of their soldiers in a way Russia does not.

- Russia is relying on a rag tag mix of raw conscripts from the very poorest, most stupid underclass because any thinking Russian finds a way to bribe their son out of frontline service.  

- nearly all Russians do not want to be there; they are very reluctant fighters.  Add to that: the Chechens apparently got into a firefight with (was it Inguishians?) - "soldiers" from an area close to the Mongolian border , even though they fight on the same side.

Russian strategy seems to be:  toss every man into the meat grinder and hope we do not lose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Excellent point.  But there's another key distinction:

- nearly all Russians do not want to be there; they are very reluctant fighters.  Add to that: the Chechens apparently got into a firefight with (was it Inguishians?) - "soldiers" from an area close to the Mongolian border , even though they fight on the same side.

"Operational Command "South" informs:

Rifle battalions are being trained in the troops of the South Operational Command in accordance with the Combat Coordination Program of these units."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

I actually read it and laughed. Retard or troll...take yer pick.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Holy fucking shit.

I actually read it and laughed. Retard or troll...take yer pick.

Hope it’s a troll…..if he’s an American and actually believes what he’s writing it would be very sad. If he’s a orc, OTOH, I will feel much joy when he finally realizes the truth.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#49]
If a Ukrainian MiG-29 really did manage to shoot down a Russian Su-35 over Ukraine today, that would be the equivalent of a fucking F-100 Super Saber taking down a late model F-15!

I am also pleased to hear Ukraine is getting more Su-25 attack aircraft sent to them as "parts kits" from other eastern European nations. I only wish there was time to give them the Georgian/Israeli sU-25KM upgrade first. A modernized Su-25 with modern western weapons such as Brimstone would be a real game changer for the Ukrainian Air Force.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Believe he was talking about the weapon seen briefly just before that - seemed to have a big rotary magazine, but too narrow a barrel for a grenade, and too big and short for a shotgun. It was weird and I too would like to know what it was.  Maybe a new anti-drone projectile weapon?  IDK - it was very unusual looking and not at all familiar.

This, plus if the Budapest Memorandum really means nothing, then let's just do the honorable thing and return their nukes. Oops, can't - disposed of them. Oh, OK - we'll replace them like for like from our inventory.

I think were I Blinken, I'd mention that possible option the next time Putin talked about some response to his rape and pillage-fest as "unacceptable."  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Pretty sure it's a MATADOR anti armor rocket.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATADOR

Believe he was talking about the weapon seen briefly just before that - seemed to have a big rotary magazine, but too narrow a barrel for a grenade, and too big and short for a shotgun. It was weird and I too would like to know what it was.  Maybe a new anti-drone projectile weapon?  IDK - it was very unusual looking and not at all familiar.

Originally Posted By Gunner226:

I have trouble wrapping my head around people being okay with Ukraine giving up territory. ....

This, plus if the Budapest Memorandum really means nothing, then let's just do the honorable thing and return their nukes. Oops, can't - disposed of them. Oh, OK - we'll replace them like for like from our inventory.

I think were I Blinken, I'd mention that possible option the next time Putin talked about some response to his rape and pillage-fest as "unacceptable."  

Supposedly the US through France helped Israel develop its nuclear capability.  Maybe that could happen again. After all, Russia was gonna give Castro 100 tactical nukes and only changed their mind when they realized Fidel might use them in a first strike.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2028 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top