Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2099 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
2099 Ghost page
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Et2ss:

But did it actually hit anything?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Thermal image of Russian S-8 unguided rocket lofting.  You can see the round all the way to the impact point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vc2m1e/video_of_russian_airforce_firing_toward_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Great question, no one actually knows lol.  I would imagine if your that desperate to hit a target and can't do it because you have no air superiority, or guided weapons, that you'd have dozens of such aircraft fly together and loft hundreds of these to create the effect of an MLRS strike.   Two aircraft firing these doesn't seem like it would do much, and the dispersion seems large.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUIxCUGr8LA

This is a pretty good episode for you "Speak The Truth" regulars. He says he's had the conversation about a thousand times whether he should go join the Ukraine foreign legion. I figured. I expect it is a hard decision feeling the need to go do what is right, versus also figuring the consequences of your choice if things go bad.
View Quote
I though I caught references the guy who sometimes co-host with him was involved somehow in Ukraine...not sure if in direct fighting or just in training capacity.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Reporter reveals almost none of $40B Ukraine money actually made it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyj22U036jQ
View Quote

Ukraine isn’t going to get cash. They get weapons. The cash goes to USG contractors and employees, NGOs, and NATO governments.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I though I caught references the guy who sometimes co-host with him was involved somehow in Ukraine...not sure if in direct fighting or just in training capacity.
View Quote

I know who you are talking about. And, yeah, that guy seems to want to keep it kind of quiet that he is spending time in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#6]

The angle under that turret seems like a "bullet trap". It may need those cool looking ball and chain curtain things on Israeli tanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:18:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#7]
nvm
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Ukraine isn’t going to get cash. They get weapons. The cash goes to USG contractors and employees, NGOs, and NATO governments.
View Quote

Dont forget that 10% for the big guy. How much is going to all the NGO's teaching lgbtq in schools and funding UA tranny bottom surgeries...

If 10% actually makes it into UA hands I will be shocked.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Glad they broke down the expenditures a bit. Kinda takes away from the "Giving Ukraine $40B when we should be spending it on the US" claim since apparently a lot of that money is being used for.... the US to buy new weapons and keeps troops overseas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:26:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBill375] [#10]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Glad they broke down the expenditures a bit. Kinda takes away from the "Giving Ukraine $40B when we should be spending it on the US" claim since apparently a lot of that money is being used for.... the US to buy new weapons and keeps troops overseas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

That's one thing that a lot of American fail to do, read the bills.

The "40 billion" bill basically pumped American defense spending. It wasn't a check to Ukraine for 40 billion.

Edit-added link to lawhttps://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/7691?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22Ukraine%22%2C%22Ukraine%22%5D%7D&s=2&r=18

Text
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/7691/text
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Did some UA tank gunner (human) actually get credited with 53 kills? I guess it's possible and hopefully will rival some of the 100+ German Aces from WWII.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Dont forget that 10% for the big guy. How much is going to all the NGO's teaching lgbtq in schools and funding UA tranny bottom surgeries...

If 10% actually makes it into UA hands I will be shocked.
View Quote

This kind of spending is harder to have organized corruption in than others spending. No time to organize.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Great question, no one actually knows lol.  I would imagine if your that desperate to hit a target and can't do it because you have no air superiority, or guided weapons, that you'd have dozens of such aircraft fly together and loft hundreds of these to create the effect of an MLRS strike.   Two aircraft firing these doesn't seem like it would do much, and the dispersion seems large.
View All Quotes
Thermal image of Russian S-8 unguided rocket lofting.  You can see the round all the way to the impact point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vc2m1e/video_of_russian_airforce_firing_toward_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Those drone videos of rocket attacks are kind of frustrating, two dozen explosions everywhere except for the road or treeline being targeted.  Maybe one will hit close enough to cause casualties.  Makes you believe in spending whatever is necessary for guided weapons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

The "40 billion" bill basically pumped American defense spending. It wasn't a check to Ukraine for 40 billion.

Edit-added link to lawhttps://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/7691?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22Ukraine%22%2C%22Ukraine%22%5D%7D&s=2&r=18

Text
View Quote

Surprise, another holier than thou post.

This thread is MAYBE 10% conflict info.

The remaining 90% is perpetual anti-American shit talking.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:04:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBill375] [#16]
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Timeflies:
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

Text

How many threads where there floating around bitching about 40Billion going to Ukraine?
Not holier than thou, just the truth that people are lazy and pass meaningless bullshit without research and the facts.

Google ar15.com Ukraine 40 billion.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Ukraine?

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:35:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]

Multiple videos and claims that a Russian ammo depot was hit in Nova Kakhovka
https://t.me/truexanewsua
https://t.me/hueviyherson

Additional 64 bodies from Azovstal handed over

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Those drone videos of rocket attacks are kind of frustrating, two dozen explosions everywhere except for the road or treeline being targeted.  Maybe one will hit close enough to cause casualties.  Makes you believe in spending whatever is necessary for guided weapons.
View All Quotes

Exactly, I would rather have one weapon that can hit exactly where I want than 500 that only have a small chance of hitting where I want.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#20]
If you think guided weapons are expensive, think of how expensive 40 rounds that miss are, after the target isn’t killed and kills your people instead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
As much as I wish we could get guided weapons into UA's hands, I can understand why we may be reluctant to do so. UA is still green on the battlefield as others have pointed out in how equipment was being deployed. That endangers combat valuable equipment and puts it in a position to be destroyed by the enemy and likewise exposing our technology to the enemy. If it were our troops on the battlefield, it would be an orc wasteland. You might train a crew in two weeks to operate the weapon but you're not going to train them where to hide, where to move, how to protect assets in that period of time. They are doing surprisingly well against the many odds. I hope we can give them every advantage.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Exactly, I would rather have one weapon that can hit exactly where I want than 500 that only have a small chance of hitting where I want.
View All Quotes

In testing with indirect fire, 1 guided projectile was required in a mission that would require 100 ballistic projectiles
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]

The US has 900 M777s, 2500 M1s, 4000 plus Bradley's, a thousand M109s. Working backwards from MTOE and forgetting the float tanks and that artillery is often in the Guard isn't the best idea.

Those are probably good numbers to ask for. Doesn't have to be top notch stuff.
View Quote

How many M198's are sitting around?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

View All Quotes

The US has 900 M777s, 2500 M1s, 4000 plus Bradley's, a thousand M109s. Working backwards from MTOE and forgetting the float tanks and that artillery is often in the Guard isn't the best idea.

Those are probably good numbers to ask for. Doesn't have to be top notch stuff.

We “sold” 120 to Iraq and 55 to Thailand, probably a couple hundred in the various depots left,
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Scott] [#25]

View Quote

Dunno, I wonder why if we have any they weren’t sent though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Our government is the weak, corrupt, distortion of reality we claim all others are.

This is the weakness putin saw in the west.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CS223:
As much as I wish we could get guided weapons into UA's hands, I can understand why we may be reluctant to do so. UA is still green on the battlefield as others have pointed out in how equipment was being deployed. That endangers combat valuable equipment and puts it in a position to be destroyed by the enemy and likewise exposing our technology to the enemy. If it were our troops on the battlefield, it would be an orc wasteland. You might train a crew in two weeks to operate the weapon but you're not going to train them where to hide, where to move, how to protect assets in that period of time. They are doing surprisingly well against the many odds. I hope we can give them every advantage.
View Quote

The human element of training and improvement is probably as or more important than the hardware at this point.  I don't know if they are able to rotate people out to western Ukraine, Poland, etc to train on these finer skills/coordination or if you could send experts forward to try to mentor them in the field (that would have to be extremely difficult).  I'm sure the west is trying to push what they can in weapons and logistics but I doubt that alone will be the key to achieving tactical superiority.  I would think that Russia's institutional barriers will allow Ukraine to improve faster if applied in an intentional manner.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

They have been sitting in level A storage for years.   Each one of them would needs to be refurbished which would involve replacing many dozen seals,  stripping and replacing lubricants and preservatives, draining and replacing fluids, and the recharging of gas and proofing of the recoiling mechanisms.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By R0N:

They have been sitting in level A storage for years.   Each one of them would needs to be refurbished which would involve replacing many dozen seals,  stripping and replacing lubricants and preservatives, draining and replacing fluids, and the recharging of gas and proofing of the recoiling mechanisms.
View Quote

If they don’t do that for this crisis, might as well surplus them because they won’t do it for anything.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

Our government is the weak, corrupt, distortion of reality we claim all others are.

View Quote

Lol. Ukraine is getting 40 bil in equipment and supplies. They weren't getting a green check to put in a bank to spend as they pleased.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nomansland:

The human element of training and improvement is probably as or more important than the hardware at this point.  I don't know if they are able to rotate people out to western Ukraine, Poland, etc to train on these finer skills/coordination or if you could send experts forward to try to mentor them in the field (that would have to be extremely difficult).  I'm sure the west is trying to push what they can in weapons and logistics but I doubt that alone will be the key to achieving tactical superiority.  I would think that Russia's institutional barriers will allow Ukraine to improve faster if applied in an intentional manner.
View Quote

I mentioned that before. Each system requires training, maintenance, parts.  It would probably have been better to go around the world and buy up every T-64, T72 or other Soviet/Russian weapons system that could be found.  at least the operation is similar. Tanks are horrible for maintenance.  Things break all the time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Lol. Ukraine is getting 40 bil in equipment and supplies. They weren't getting a green check to put in a bank to spend as they pleased.
View All Quotes

Except if the reporting posted earlier is correct, they aren't getting 40 large in equipment and supplies either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#34]
It still looks to me like the west only wants to give enough help to Ukraine in order to keep russia using up their own military resources. I guess the question is that if this russian plan of bombing the shit out of stuff until nothing is left actually works for them to take ground, is the west willing to give ukraine enough cannons to stop russia.
Or here's an idea, how about we send enough for Ukraine to survive.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#35]

If they don’t do that for this crisis, might as well surplus them because they won’t do it for anything.
View All Quotes

They have been selling them through foreign military sales
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#36]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
It's almost a week old, so apologies if it's already been posted. The question is: "How many other countries should Russia denazify?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc7G6AE3stg
View Quote

Maybe they can denazify the whole world by killing everyone who isn’t ethnically Russian.  How’s that for a final solution?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Next step, give it legs and atgm arm pods.

https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/9/91/Bushwacker_RGilClan_v02.png?timestamp=20210415232433
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:
Well, I guess Putin was right about Nazis in Europe. Looks like the Germans are bringing back the Panther.
Rheinmetall Panther

That's a cool looking tank.

https://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/media/editor_media/rm_defence/produktbilder/panther_kf51/Panther_1_breit.jpg

Next step, give it legs and atgm arm pods.

https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/9/91/Bushwacker_RGilClan_v02.png?timestamp=20210415232433

it's a panther, it should have a PPC
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't figured out the irregularity and sometimes the point of the United Kingdom's MOD briefing. No map this time.
My suspicion is Russia's production of advanced electronics will be closer to non-existent than troubled, but the MOD seems to have a penchant for understatement.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

I mentioned that before. Each system requires training, maintenance, parts.  It would probably have been better to go around the world and buy up every T-64, T72 or other Soviet/Russian weapons system that could be found.  at least the operation is similar. Tanks are horrible for maintenance.  Things break all the time.
View Quote
Flashback to Fort Hoodlum and being in an Armor Battalion.
Them Tread-Heads spent more time working on their mounts than anything else.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Loan guarantees for 2030 don't send beans, bullets, and bombs to the front.  The Ukrainians are screaming for small arms ammunition and artillery rounds and they aren't getting them.  Assholes laughing and saying how the russian army isn't shit aren't looking at what's needed to fight even a second rate army.  

Loan guarantees and money for U.S. arms manufacturers don't do shit for the war today.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Boy are we sleazy and corrupt in the USA!
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I hope they're dug in like Charlie in Cu Chi!
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

What was it 12billion that went to directly prop up their government and it’s functions?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Spread out to 2031 while we use the money to pay our own troops?  2031?!?!?  Makes the Germans look like saviors!
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

The Mandus Group apparently does refurbs for foreign sales: https://www.mandusgroup.com/services/artillery-inspect-repair-program/
Wiki says that there were 1300 M198 built for US and 300-400 sold to others.  I'm not sure how many we still have but I'm not seeing lists of large numbers that were given away or sold (so I would assume we still have a decent amount to give though would need to be refurbed).

The FH70 is interesting - it says that Japan built 480 under license by Japan Steel Works (how many could they give or could they spin up and make more?).  Germany has 150 but I doubt that helps (Italy has a decent amount and I think has committed some to Ukraine).

Of the 152mm - Wiki says Ukraine had about 300 self-propelled (2S3 and 2S19 Msta-S) and ~700 towed (D-20, 2A36 and 2A65) - so that is a capability we need to replace with 155mm if we can't supply 152 mm (probably best long term to shift to 155mm anyway - I suspect logistics would be problematic with the separate types).

The M777 is a lot lighter and better system (even excluding the digital fire enhancements) but I would think the M198 would help to backfill the loss of their existing 152mm if available.

Wiki lists Ukraine has about 1050 122mm systems - would these need to be replaced with 105mm?  (600 2S1 self-propelled, and 450 D-30 towed)  I'm guessing the 155mm is preferred on this high intensity battle where you are trying to take out hard targets but would like to hear more informed comments.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Here...count them yourself.

40.19452428317266, -120.14582885841087

Last time I was at SIAD, there were thousands of howitzers parked there.  I wanted to sneak out a M109A6 firing mechanism, but chickened out.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Yup. They are simply not taking things seriously OR plan to use Ukraine as a slow meatgrinder.

All this shit sitting around slowly deteriorating and turning to junk. I'm starting to believe the conspiracies about military industrial complex wanting this to drag out in order to sell new weapons while letting perfectly good stuff go to waste. Not even considering that every day 100-200 UA KIA that could have used this stuff.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

LOL is right. 40Bil in weapons to UA? LOL. They will be thrilled if they get 4B worth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yup. They are simply not taking things seriously OR plan to use Ukraine as a slow meatgrinder.

All this shit sitting around slowly deteriorating and turning to junk. I'm starting to believe the conspiracies about military industrial complex wanting this to drag out in order to sell new weapons while letting perfectly good stuff go to waste. Not even considering that every day 100-200 UA KIA that could have used this stuff.
View Quote

If you let the MIC run the show they would send every system they could that’s got a replacement in development. They want to sell new equipment to the US.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2099 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top