Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2102 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apr67:

2.  I assume most drones have IR cameras, ergo making cover much harder (ie simple trees just are not enough).  Is that a bad assumption?

View Quote

Yes and no. The larger military purposed drones mostly have thermal and/or nv. The commercial drones we are seeing widespread use of for scouting, coordinating artillery, and even dropping small munitions for the most part do not have thermal/nv
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]
This is really worth a watch, or at least a scan. It’s a longer version of an earlier TG video of what could more or less be called ”action” in Lysychansk. In it, Kadyrovites hide behind DPR bait troops and a tank, which takes a hit from something resulting in it nopeing right the fuck out while on fire. Then a DPR guy gets hit, the TikTokers look annoyed, and DPR executes the worst casualty evacuation in the history of warfare, but I mean, it’s tough having to do all the work.

https://t.me/faceofwar/20404

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By apr67:
Well, it took 4 days but I read all of this..

Sheesh.

A couple of questions for the hive.  

1.  I read that Russia is suffering a microchip shortage.  I assume the get them from China anyway, so is this any different than the shortage everyone is facing, or something totally different?

2.  I assume most drones have IR cameras, ergo making cover much harder (ie simple trees just are not enough).  Is that a bad assumption?

View Quote

My understanding is the good chips come from Taiwan (and South Korea). There is apparently some chip manufacturing in China itself, but I don't believe it's huge or the more complex chips. My suspicion is China has enough problems/customers without worrying about if Russia gets any chips from them or not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Leningrad?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Russian MT-LB hit with what seems to be troops riding on top, you can see the projectile hit from the top and left, looks like a Javelin strike.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcxx5z/strike_on_a_russian_mtlb_from_ukraines_95th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Leningrad?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Leningrad?

I think it was previously used in Leningrad and Syria, but this strike is in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
r/Ukraine says two Americans were captured in the east.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

It’s a mildly small arms resistant 4x4 van, then? For the Russian equivalent of the A-team?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

It’s a mildly small arms resistant 4x4 van, then? For the Russian equivalent of the A-team?

People-repressor 5000, it looks like
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukraine targeting a Russian Silok-1 EW system on a rooftop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcx8q1/ukraine_targeting_modern_russian_silok01/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

More info on the system:

https://www.deagel.com/Tactical%20Vehicles/Silok-01/a003815

Initial Operational Capability (IOC): June 2018

The Silok-01 is an electronic warfare (EW) system designed to counter a wide range of unmanned air vehicles (UAVs) by jamming the communications with their control station. The system has been designed to automatically detect UAVs, determine their position and block their communications, guidance and navigation systems forcing them to land. The Silok radio-frequency jamming system has been optimized against low altitude drones. The Silok-01 system was deployed by Russia in the summer 2018 to protect the World Cup and thereafter was deployed in Syria. In November 2018 the system was already deployed and demonstrated near Leningrad.

You got to love watching video from a low altitude drone of an EW system designed to counter low altitude drones being destroyed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:
r/Ukraine says two Americans were captured in the east.
View Quote

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/06/15/exclusive-first-two-us-fighters-captured-russian-forces-battle/

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 2A373:

You got to love watching video from a low altitude drone of an EW system designed to counter low altitude drones being destroyed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2A373:
Ukraine targeting a Russian Silok-1 EW system on a rooftop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcx8q1/ukraine_targeting_modern_russian_silok01/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

More info on the system:

https://www.deagel.com/Tactical%20Vehicles/Silok-01/a003815

Initial Operational Capability (IOC): June 2018

The Silok-01 is an electronic warfare (EW) system designed to counter a wide range of unmanned air vehicles (UAVs) by jamming the communications with their control station. The system has been designed to automatically detect UAVs, determine their position and block their communications, guidance and navigation systems forcing them to land. The Silok radio-frequency jamming system has been optimized against low altitude drones. The Silok-01 system was deployed by Russia in the summer 2018 to protect the World Cup and thereafter was deployed in Syria. In November 2018 the system was already deployed and demonstrated near Leningrad.

That is the cruel irony of the whole thing.  State of the art, tested and tried in Syria, debut in 2018, and destroyed by Ukrainian drone corrected fire.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#12]

Attachment Attached File

I look forward the video of that all getting fucked up... again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Bound to happen eventually.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Dont forget that 10% for the big guy. How much is going to all the NGO's teaching lgbtq in schools and funding UA tranny bottom surgeries...

If 10% actually makes it into UA hands I will be shocked.
View Quote
Does the big guy get his 10% straight off the top, or is that after Hunter gets his 10%?  What about the Clinton Foundation and their percent.  Don't forget about Nancy Pelosi's husband and his percent.  Plus some of that has to make to the J6 committee.  The world of corruption centers on Washington D.C.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

What a shitty system of loading.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqnIp-98gS0

Meh, nothing wrong with it.  

It would be just fine if dude was paying attention and not being a bitch with his ears.  Anything that ejects its own canister has the problem of the canister bouncing and landing somewhere inconvenient.  

They can possibly streamline being having a projo in the loading tray, but I'm not super savvy on the 2S1 to know if that is possible or not.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: batjka104] [#16]

This is pretty bad. The Brits and the Moroccan captured by DPR previously were sentenced to death. Although the American guys were captured by Russians, so they have a better chance.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FDC:

It would be just fine if dude was paying attention and not being a bitch with his ears.  Anything that ejects its own canister has the problem of the canister bouncing and landing somewhere inconvenient.  

They can possibly streamline being having a projo in the loading tray, but I'm not super savvy on the 2S1 to know if that is possible or not.

View Quote

I'm not any kind of an artillery gunner. But it must get incredibly old having the loading thing jamb every time the brass is spit out on into the mechanism. What was it like 3/4 of the time? If it was me I definitely would figure that out and instead of being surprised by it almost every single time, I would yank that brass out of there as soon as it was ejected.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]
Looks like a Ukrainian ambush, blue civillian car races past and is made into swiss cheese, possibly an important or higher ranking Russian.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcz6g5/allegedly_footage_of_a_civilian_car_being_shot_up/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#21]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I'm not any kind of an artillery gunner. But it must get incredibly old having the loading thing jamb every time the brass is spit out on into the mechanism. What was it like 3/4 of the time? If it was me I definitely would figure that out and instead of being surprised by it almost every single time, I would yank that brass out of there as soon as it was ejected.
View All Quotes

It's an old system.  All the dude has to do is slap the canister so it lies flat and it is out of the way.  He could do that while also holding the next round as 122 isn't that heavy.  Instead he has bitch ears because he can't figure out ear pro and isn't paying attention.  The section chief should beat the piss out of him after the fire mission.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By batjka104:

This is pretty bad. The Brits and the Moroccan captured by DPR previously were sentenced to death. Although the American guys were captured by Russians, so they have a better chance.
View All Quotes

I mean, I know I joked about the Glorious Democratic People's Republic of Donetsk and all, but its actually Russia.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Good narrative of the initial fight for Kharkiv. In it is a good clue about Russian loss of situational awareness regarding Ukraine. The response to Russian invasion was sabotaged, people KNEW it and prepared on their own.

Fight for school. How elite special forces were destroyed in Kharkiv

A photo of a graduate in a red dress against the background of a ruined school in Kharkiv swirled on social networks and hit the pages of the world media. However, many mistakenly believed that the building was destroyed by Russian artillery. Even Kharkiv residents, whose children attended this 134th school, during a conversation with hromadske could not remember exactly what happened on February 27.

In fact, the events at the school that day were a disgrace to Russia's elite special forces, who camped at the school. During the long battle, scouts and paratroopers of the occupying army were destroyed, and this became one of the key battles in the defense of the city. After that, the Russian army did not enter Kharkiv.

According to one of the participants, Dmytro Oliynyk from Kharkiv, he tells about that fight at the hromadske school. It was his first combat experience, during which he was wounded and nearly lost his leg.

“I had been preparing for a large-scale war for 1.5 years. The preparation of the defense in the city was sabotaged, so we prepared separately. We agreed with the police department to provide us with a base for training, and with the National Guard to provide a range for mastering shooting skills. We went out every month, trained, because we knew something would happen.

With the beginning of the battles for Kharkiv, the Kharkiv Region Defense Headquarters was established, which included 30 organizations. The Azovs, led by Kostya Nemichev , also formed the Kraken unit: first it was part of the terrorist defense, and later as a separate special unit. And I joined them. For me, this was my first combat experience, because I am not in the military.

When on the night of February 24 x *** o (Putin - ed.) Told about the decommunization of Ukraine - I immediately gathered all my things. When the shelling started, we had already gathered with the guys and were waiting for a "tool" for protection. On the same day, we moved to Pivnichna Saltivka (Kharkiv district, located in the north of the city - ed.) .

On the morning of the 24th, after the shelling, the movement of Russian infantry to Kharkiv began. They attacked from the side of the Circuns (a village in the Kharkiv region - ed.) And reached the ring road. There they were met by the 92nd separate mechanized brigade and volunteers. The Russians almost entered the city, but were repulsed there. Then they were pushed further to the Circus.

And on the 27th a group of Russians in ten "Tigers" (armored car - ed.) And several KAMAZs broke into the city. Residents of Kharkiv have been posting videos of Russians on social media since the morning.

They broke through from Oleksiyivka (a residential area in the northern part of Kharkiv - ed.) And from the Forest Park. In the city, the column split, and five "Tigers" (the video shows four cars of the occupiers - ed.) Drove down Shevchenko Street. They were stopped there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#24]

It's an old system.  All the dude has to do is slap the canister so it lies flat and it is out of the way.  He could do that while also holding the next round as 122 isn't that heavy.  Instead he has bitch ears because he can't figure out ear pro and isn't paying attention.  The section chief should beat the piss out of him after the fire mission.
View All Quotes

I don't know shit about this but is it possible the dood doing the videoing is supposed to be doing that part?
I maybe see a "hey douche nozzle, you gonna make me do all this?" type look there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Interesting about Kharkiv. I wonder if the reason Zelenskyy didn’t mobilize before the war is that he didn’t have full control at that time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Good narrative of the initial fight for Kharkiv. In it is a good clue about Russian loss of situational awareness regarding Ukraine. The response to Russian invasion was sabotaged, people KNEW it and prepared on their own.

A photo of a graduate in a red dress against the background of a ruined school in Kharkiv swirled on social networks and hit the pages of the world media. However, many mistakenly believed that the building was destroyed by Russian artillery. Even Kharkiv residents, whose children attended this 134th school, during a conversation with hromadske could not remember exactly what happened on February 27.

In fact, the events at the school that day were a disgrace to Russia's elite special forces, who camped at the school. During the long battle, scouts and paratroopers of the occupying army were destroyed, and this became one of the key battles in the defense of the city. After that, the Russian army did not enter Kharkiv.

According to one of the participants, Dmytro Oliynyk from Kharkiv, he tells about that fight at the hromadske school. It was his first combat experience, during which he was wounded and nearly lost his leg.

“I had been preparing for a large-scale war for 1.5 years. The preparation of the defense in the city was sabotaged, so we prepared separately. We agreed with the police department to provide us with a base for training, and with the National Guard to provide a range for mastering shooting skills. We went out every month, trained, because we knew something would happen.

With the beginning of the battles for Kharkiv, the Kharkiv Region Defense Headquarters was established, which included 30 organizations. The Azovs, led by Kostya Nemichev , also formed the Kraken unit: first it was part of the terrorist defense, and later as a separate special unit. And I joined them. For me, this was my first combat experience, because I am not in the military.

When on the night of February 24 x *** o (Putin - ed.) Told about the decommunization of Ukraine - I immediately gathered all my things. When the shelling started, we had already gathered with the guys and were waiting for a "tool" for protection. On the same day, we moved to Pivnichna Saltivka (Kharkiv district, located in the north of the city - ed.) .

On the morning of the 24th, after the shelling, the movement of Russian infantry to Kharkiv began. They attacked from the side of the Circuns (a village in the Kharkiv region - ed.) And reached the ring road. There they were met by the 92nd separate mechanized brigade and volunteers. The Russians almost entered the city, but were repulsed there. Then they were pushed further to the Circus.

And on the 27th a group of Russians in ten "Tigers" (armored car - ed.) And several KAMAZs broke into the city. Residents of Kharkiv have been posting videos of Russians on social media since the morning.

They broke through from Oleksiyivka (a residential area in the northern part of Kharkiv - ed.) And from the Forest Park. In the city, the column split, and five "Tigers" (the video shows four cars of the occupiers - ed.) Drove down Shevchenko Street. They were stopped there.
View Quote

"The preparation of the defense in the city was sabotaged".  It's a shame they never know who is helping  the invaders.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Russian MT-LB hit with what seems to be troops riding on top, you can see the projectile hit from the top and left, looks like a Javelin strike.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcxx5z/strike_on_a_russian_mtlb_from_ukraines_95th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

Looks like a pill of a bunch of burnt hamburger on top of the tank now. lol
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]

"The preparation of the defense in the city was sabotaged".  It's a shame they never know who is helping  the invaders.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

I though there was someone that was relived of duty and arrested not that long ago.
Not sure if the same area.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqnIp-98gS0

Looked impressive to me. That's inside a M109 Paladin I'm guessing? Looks like they were firing real fast! But I can't really impart much commentary about it since I never was in Artillery.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
That’s inside a Soviet system.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
That's inside a Soviet system.
View Quote

Ah, yup. Not a Paladin.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#34]
M109:
Inside the M109 Paladin 155 mm Self-Propelled Howitzer

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

I mean, I know I joked about the Glorious Democratic People's Republic of Donetsk and all, but its actually Russia.
View Quote

Luhansk and Donetsk have not been formally annexed into Russia. As such, they have their own set of laws, which include death penalty for certain crimes. Russia proper has a moratorium on death penalty. So if the American volunteers were captured by Russian forces, the most they will face would be a life sentence.

What worries me is that after the announcements on social media that the Americans were captured, everyone went silent on this subject. No footage of interrogations, no photos, no mentions anywhere. This is very different from how the British POWs were treated. Something is up. I hope nothing happened to these two guys.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Luhansk and Donetsk have not been formally annexed into Russia. As such, they have their own set of laws, which include death penalty for certain crimes. Russia proper has a moratorium on death penalty. So if the American volunteers were captured by Russian forces, the most they will face would be a life sentence.

What worries me is that after the announcements on social media that the Americans were captured, everyone went silent on this subject. No footage of interrogations, no photos, no mentions anywhere. This is very different from how the British POWs were treated. Something is up. I hope nothing happened to these two guys.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

I would imagine the Kremlin would immediately take control of any decisions regarding them….they don’t want low level minions creating a situation for them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

True, and yet they’re practically giving away Russian passports anywhere they can. They’ll do whatever is convenient. If DPR commits war crimes, Russia will talk to little brother and take care of it, nudge nudge.

They’re a deniability mechanism to be used and thrown away, just like Wagner.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

The longer it goes on, the more fairytale the Russian propaganda gets. If it goes another six months, the fuckers will be talking about dropping moon rocks onto western capitals via telekinesis.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

It was bound to happen eventually. They understood the risks they were getting themselves into. I *hope* this encourages americans to get behind the war effort.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagger41] [#45]
SU-25's on the deck !

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apr67] [#46]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Russia aims to boot former Soviet nations from NATO[/url]
View Quote

Lets think about the worst thing we can do.  Piss off Lithuanians.  I'd rather fight mother freaking Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:20:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#49]
View All Quotes

The U.S. aid will include two Harpoon launchers and an unspecified number of Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System, or GMLRS, rockets for previously committed M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS, U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin announced in Brussels. Also included are 18 M777 howitzers, 36,000 rounds of 155mm ammunition and thousands of secure radios.  

Add this to what piggy noted, July is going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Now I imagine that's pretty important news.

Dear CIA glowies please consider my plan to just gift Ukraine pre programmed cruise missiles mid flight
View Quote

haha genius
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2102 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top