Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2514 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

Looks like they are going to place the blame for the Ukraine disaster directly at the one responsible--Putin.  Interesting timing and wonder about the sources who decided now is the time to break this.  Internal Russian forces are piling up against Putin and it seems to be accelerating.

Good.
View Quote

I wouldn’t go that far yet.  This is a western source, not a Russian source.  And while it may be true, it may as well be on the moon for all the effect it will have on the Russian people.  They will never see it, and if they do they won’t believe it.  They’re busy trumpeting that the hohols tried to kill their beloved leader.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:43:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obrez] [#3]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Unfortunately, I think for certain persons on the right, Zelensky’s … heritage greatly outweighs his heroism.  If you know what I mean.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

That dude has a pair of coconuts for sure. He will have whole chapters in history books, and some big statues.

Some people on the right like to idolize Putin, but if you want a living foreign war leader to admire, Zelenskyy is the guy.

Unfortunately, I think for certain persons on the right, Zelensky’s … heritage greatly outweighs his heroism.  If you know what I mean.

He is deserving of criticism but there is no denying that the image and message he's put out has been beneficial throughout this war. I think it's pretty safe to say that he's the right man for the job right now, despite his flaws in other areas.

I'm still confused about his seemingly nonchalant approach in the lead up in January and February.

As a side note and general observation of the discussions I've seen on this board and elsewhere, it's pretty lame how "putin dicksucker" is just the new "sorry your girl lost" from the Current ThingTM crowd every time someone is caught not verbally fellating him at all times.

I'm not an expert but I think he's got some answering to do about all that off-shore tax evasion stuff and whatnot but if I was busy fighting off an invading force, I probably wouldn't care too much about petty politician money games and I expect I'd more so appreciate the support his public displays generate. He's the right guy in the right place at the right time and the people there seem to be good with it, so that's all the really matters.

And yes, I expect he will be the current era's "great one" in future history books.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

WTF?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

WTF?

I keep telling everyone, Lukashenko may be examining his options.  Russia is at the stage where they probably can’t do shit to him if he decides to turn coat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Past a freshly dug position sporting a maxim gun!
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Edit: People forget there were Russian Death Squads around Kiev during the deepest infiltrations of the early war. Reporters were getting shot at by Russian roadblocks that were meant to get Zelensky or any other bits of the power structure, too. Also, remember when they were handing out tens of thousands of guns? Last I remembered, some of those newly-minted 2A supporters found and killed some of those Russian saboteur squads, too. Many, many, many things have been buried but all the rumors and stories are here, mired in pages 200-800.
View Quote

I know I'm over 30 pages behind, but this is an interesting point. This thread is a valuable play by play archive of how this war has developed, as well as perceptions of its development. I wonder if there's a way to download it as a text file that could be edited to remove irrelevant content for future study?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
What ever happened to the Chechen "Special Forces" units that were on social media early in the invasion?  Did they take their looted tractors and go home?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

You can see the KA-52 was doing the usual rocket toss and then dove back down to low altitude.  Crazy, it had multiple SPAGs right in front of it but made no effort to attack directly.  Just salvoed the rockets and left.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
What ever happened to the Chechen "Special Forces" units that were on social media early in the invasion?  Did they take their looted tractors and go home?
View Quote

IIRC they are just dying to get back to a place that has a signal so they can upload their next video.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Hes trying to not swing from a lamp post.  Belarus may also be slowly turning into WW2 Italy and wanting to switch sides

View Quote

Sounded like a cry for help to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Alphascout:

Is it just me, or does it sound like there is a Gepard nearby. Listen for the burst.
View All Quotes

Is it just me, or does it sound like there is a Gepard nearby. Listen for the burst.

HOLY SHIT you’re right.  You can hear the usual “stutter” from the two guns firing at slightly different rates.  And you can hear guys nearby cheer when it fires!  Good catch!
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Yeah. Sounds like someone ripping some sack cloth, Gepard style. Can we confirm that the helo took a hit?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#13]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcntRdtXgAAgKsg?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

That gun with the Elcan had a Diemaco feel to it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]

You can see the KA-52 was doing the usual rocket toss and then dove back down to low altitude.  Crazy, it had multiple SPAGs right in front of it but made no effort to attack directly.  Just salvoed the rockets and left.
View All Quotes

Sometimes when I post these I'm on a tablet, but later when I look at things on my large monitor things are clearer.  It certainly did look like a rocket toss, and I would love to see Gepard or Shilka kills because they were made for this kind of situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

In short, it’s very, very much like Ukraine but a smaller scale.

-Border country with different ethnicity that has been previously conquered and integrated into the Russian Empire
-Broke away in 1991, established a treaty and independence.
-Treaty discarded after Putin came to power in favor of hostility and re-acquisition.
-Brief war in 2008 with full Russian buffet of civilian terror attacks, torture, etc.
-Russia has backed two break-away regions in order to destabilize Georgia.

Since Catherine the Great took it away from the Persian sphere, Georgia was the buffer for Russia in that region. Tbilsi, the capital, was strategically significant for Russian imperialists to wage intrigue and war against Muslim states in the region - base of ops in WWI, and where occupation of Iran was staged in WWII.  Losing Georgia, even though it’s not Russian, is humiliating to the imperialists.  Georgia will take this opportunity most probably to re-take Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the areas Russia has aided in breaking away and destabilizing Georgia.

And, lol, “Georgi” is Slavic for George, which is from Greek for “farmer” and just a common name. “Giorgi” is another regional variation.
View Quote

Wasnt Stalin born in Georgia...
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I don't think so, I think Mal has it right. He sees the writing on the wall and is switching sides.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

WTF?

It sounds to me like he is laughing at europe.

I don't think so, I think Mal has it right. He sees the writing on the wall and is switching sides.

And he may very well have a limited number of nuclear weapons thanks to Putin.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:

In short, it’s very, very much like Ukraine but a smaller scale.

-Border country with different ethnicity that has been previously conquered and integrated into the Russian Empire
-Broke away in 1991, established a treaty and independence.
-Treaty discarded after Putin came to power in favor of hostility and re-acquisition.
-Brief war in 2008 with full Russian buffet of civilian terror attacks, torture, etc.
-Russia has backed two break-away regions in order to destabilize Georgia.

Since Catherine the Great took it away from the Persian sphere, Georgia was the buffer for Russia in that region. Tbilsi, the capital, was strategically significant for Russian imperialists to wage intrigue and war against Muslim states in the region - base of ops in WWI, and where occupation of Iran was staged in WWII.  Losing Georgia, even though it’s not Russian, is humiliating to the imperialists.  Georgia will take this opportunity most probably to re-take Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the areas Russia has aided in breaking away and destabilizing Georgia.

And, lol, “Georgi” is Slavic for George, which is from Greek for “farmer” and just a common name. “Giorgi” is another regional variation.

Yes, but oddly enough it seems only westerners call Georgia, Georgia. They call it Sakartvelo, and Russians call it Gruzla.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow, how did that even happen?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcl8gFdXwAI5kJ6?format=jpg&name=small

I think it's a "Tin Shield" ST-68U radar, pretty expensive and significant.

https://www.radartutorial.eu/19.kartei/11.ancient/karte059.en.html

View Quote
Roll over and play dead, good dog
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

It's possible, although Z is hardly overt about his religion. I only hear it mentioned as a foil against the stupid "Ukrainian nazi" slur.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Obrez:

He is deserving of criticism but there is no denying that the image and message he's put out has been beneficial throughout this war. I think it's pretty safe to say that he's the right man for the job right now, despite his flaws in other areas.

I'm still confused about his seemingly nonchalant approach in the lead up in January and February.

As a side note and general observation of the discussions I've seen on this board and elsewhere, it's pretty lame how "putin dicksucker" is just the new "sorry your girl lost" from the Current ThingTM crowd every time someone is caught not verbally fellating him at all times.

I'm not an expert but I think he's got some answering to do about all that off-shore tax evasion stuff and whatnot but if I was busy fighting off an invading force, I probably wouldn't care too much about petty politician money games and I expect I'd more so appreciate the support his public displays generate. He's the right guy in the right place at the right time and the people there seem to be good with it, so that's all the really matters.

And yes, I expect he will be the current era's "great one" in future history books.
View All Quotes

That dude has a pair of coconuts for sure. He will have whole chapters in history books, and some big statues.

Some people on the right like to idolize Putin, but if you want a living foreign war leader to admire, Zelenskyy is the guy.

I think you missed my point.  Zelensky is Jewish.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

So the Russians hit a power station as part of their SOP terror attacks resulting in more water they have to ford or swim across to escape?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
View Quote

They are back.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm so sorry if this is posted elsewhere but, the Azeri conflict is getting really intense, really fast.

- Armenia has reported that the Azeris have killed at least 105 soldiers in the initial attacks. Even more are suspected.
- Armenia has already offered the Azeris the entire territories of Nargorno-Kharbakh (which the last war was over), and the Azeris have rejected it so far, it seems.
- Azerbaijan has already pushed 5km deep on multiple fronts, and 4 cities are under attacked by the Azeri armed forces.
- Khazakhstan has already told Armenia (as part of the CSTO, they pulled their Article 4 which is the equivalent of NATO's Article 5) to FOAD.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#25]

So the Russians hit a power station as part of their SOP terror attacks resulting in more water they have to ford or swim across to escape?
View All Quotes

Reports are saying that the rise in water level might wash away Ukrainian pontoon bridges that are used to supply the offensive.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Like a 1000 pages ago I said the bubmling idiot skit was just a routine and he's walking a tight line so he can pick a side any time he sees fit.
Not suprising for a dictator that is able to stay in power so long.

View Quote

I think I remember reading that and it was compelling. Either that guy is incredibly lucky OR he is a shrewd and skilled dictator.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#27]

They are back.

View Quote

This is a pretty good sign that Russia is completely out of armored vehicle reserves

These beardy bois are going to have a lot of fun when the VOG dropping drones show up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:11:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Agreed 100%.
Some fools will criticize Z for being a TV personality and comedian in his prior life. At least he was very good at it and was even well known and popular in Russia.

Apparently Zelensky has the heart of a warrior and a patriot.
View Quote

Comedians and entertainers can read a crowd and know how far to go. He reminds me of Reagan with that and his charisma. Would I agree with all of his policies? Undoubtedly not. Is he a fantastic war leader? Slavic Churchill in his mobilization of language? Absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Reports are saying that the rise in water level might wash away Ukrainian pontoon bridges that are used to supply the offensive.
View Quote

Oh OK. Thanks. So I was half right.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Compliation of recent footage and some expanded versions:

https://youtu.be/TjUJ14NIEus
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Ya that was weird. My take was him mocking Europe because of Russian gas being cut off. So he’s basically saying, they can always heat themselves with firewood which we have plenty of.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View All Quotes

Ukrainian soldiers have been photographed carrying C7 rifles so it probably is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm so sorry if this is posted elsewhere but, the Azeri conflict is getting really intense, really fast.

- Armenia has reported that the Azeris have killed at least 105 soldiers in the initial attacks. Even more are suspected.
- Armenia has already offered the Azeris the entire territories of Nargorno-Kharbakh (which the last war was over), and the Azeris have rejected it so far, it seems.
- Azerbaijan has already pushed 5km deep on multiple fronts, and 4 cities are under attacked by the Azeri armed forces.
- Khazakhstan has already told Armenia (as part of the CSTO, they pulled their Article 4 which is the equivalent of NATO's Article 5) to FOAD.

View Quote

Being admitted ignorant of the situation, I'm generally sympathetic to Armenia. I understand they are "allied" with Russia to some extent and the Azeri seem to be the aggressors. Can anyone offer some analysis to this to enlighten me. Are there implications with this conflict that relate to the Russia/Ukraine war?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

This is a situation that NATO should quietly get ahead of.  Let the Azeris and the Turks know that there’s a limit on what they can do and they’ll have a major problem if they go past that.  If we don’t, Armenia is a disaster waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Comments saying that Ukrainian forces never went into the town. They stopped short.  The flags that were put up were by citizens.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Comedians and entertainers can read a crowd and know how far to go. He reminds me of Reagan with that and his charisma. Would I agree with all of his policies? Undoubtedly not. Is he a fantastic war leader? Slavic Churchill in his mobilization of language? Absolutely.
View Quote

Agreed. It's possible, maybe even likely that if we somehow managed to translate Zelensky's personal politics into our domestic US politics, he would be considered a liberal or progressive, which I would find reprehensible, domestically speaking. Regardless, I greatly admire the man for his courage, leadership, and above all his love of his country and people, which seem to go against the politics of our domestic liberals.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Comments saying that Ukrainian forces never went into the town. They stopped short.  The flags that were put up were by citizens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

That makes more sense then from other reports.  Thanks, I don't have time to read through each post sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:32:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#40]

Being admitted ignorant of the situation, I'm generally sympathetic to Armenia. I understand they are "allied" with Russia to some extent and the Azeri seem to be the aggressors. Can anyone offer some analysis to this to enlighten me. Are there implications with this conflict that relate to the Russia/Ukraine war?
View All Quotes

Both of them were tit-for-tatting even when the Russians killed all of them for doing it. Neither has the ability to just sit down and shut up.
Just because one side was able to get the upper hand once and go on a murder spree, doesn't make the "looser" a good guy.

At one point the Russians were backing the other side too... Call it a fucked up mess caused by congenital idiots and you won't be far wrong.
Personal opinion: Russia celebrates every time someone from either side dies. It makes both of them weak and subject to influence.

One side is NATO and EU allied though. So fuck it maybe once one of them "wins" they will stop murdering each other,
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Queue Scorpions “Winds of Change”….
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#43]

View All Quotes

It’s a bad situation overall.  First, the Turks killed 1-2 million of them in WWI in the Armenian Genocide which the Turks still refuse to acknowledge.
Armenia is “allied” with Russia because they’re a small country and they need protection from Turkey and Azerbaijan.  Armenia has fought multiple wars since the 90s with Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabach region, an area of ethnic Armenians located inside Azerbaijan.  I won’t presume to say who is “right” here.  As with many such conflicts, it’s messy and bloody and there probably is no completely “right” side. Armenia got the run of the early fights, but the worm turned in 2020 and the Armenians were hit hard by TB2s.  There is strong speculation that the Russians stood by and let the Armenians get hammered to deepen Armenia’s dependence on Russia.
Given the history of the last 100 years and the fact that Russia is probably no longer in any position to help, Armenia is in a very, very bad position.  Hence my belief that NATO or at least the US has to quietly put some limits on what the Turks can do.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lightning_P38] [#44]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Ah. I indeed missed your point then.

Although I think my comments stand in general.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Queue Scorpions “Winds of Change”….
View Quote

Belarus could block rail lines to Kaliningrad. He's got alot of power there.
If they lose Sevastopol to Ukrainians...
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:53:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#47]
The Day Russian Democracy Died

This seems relevant. Video is when Russia tasted democracy, albeit for only a short time…
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

damn, that was a long shot
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Looks like the barrel has FURY on it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

I love seeing those Maxim water cooled MG's on their little wheeled carriages in a modern war.  Nothing wrong with them on the defense, much better while stationary than the more portable air cooled MG's.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

I love seeing those Maxim water cooled MG's on their little wheeled carriages in a modern war.  Nothing wrong with them on the defense, much better while stationary than the more portable air cooled MG's.

How about this little old Bavarian bastard instead…

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2514 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top