Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2594 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Good. Fuck Iran.
Their only embassy should be in N. Korea or maybe D.C.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
For a sensible chuckle read on…

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Pranksters tell Kremlin official’s som he is being enlisted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pranksters-tell-kremlin-officials-son-hes-being-enlisted-he-refused-2022-9

The hosts of the Russian YouTube channel Popular Politics called the 32-year-old son of Dmitry Peskov, the press secretary of Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday.

The pranksters, who pretended to be recruitment officers, told the 32-year-old Nikolay Peskov that he has been drafted into the army and needed to attend a medical examination the following day.

"Obviously not!" the younger Peskov told the pranksters, according to a video shared by independent Russian news website The Insider. "You must understand it is not right for me to be there. I have to resolve this on a different level."
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sq40:

I really hope no nuke will ever be set off in anger again.  But, knowing the way the world works, it’s just a matter of time until it happens. I *think* the world would be so shook up over even a tactical nuclear weapon use, it would rapidly cascade into a decision tree of making preemptive strikes to remove Russia’s nuclear capabilities all together. The fear is just too great, and so many people will demand the threat be eliminated, that it will snowball.  Perhaps in minutes or hours.

This particular situation is all possible because of one man’s ego.  He is a deceiver, a conqueror, and possibly the wealthiest man alive.  He has a whole church of which he controls, and nearly 200 million people under his control.  He is on the cusp of being the Antichrist.
View Quote

I actually dreamt that a couple nights ago. Trumpets and fire in the sky, revelations shit.

The stuff nightmares…
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Bitch, sit down. Get out the way, get out the way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Turkey advocates the abolition of Russia's right of veto in the UN Security Council

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevl t  avu o lu stressed that his country is in favor of replacing the right of veto to decision-making by majority vote.

Recall that thanks to this right, Russia, which is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, blocks any decisions aimed at counteracting its own crimes."

(The middle sentence makes it sound like all permanent member vetoes, not just Russia's.)
View Quote

I'm for this, it would have saved us from iraq
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

What's your native language?
I've been very slowly learning Russian for years and learning a language and all the context, exceptions, etc is just mind boggling.
View Quote

Hungarian
It is phonetic and uses a lot of accent marks and dots. You pronounce every letter in the word.

When I told my Hungarian family that we use the dictionary often to find out how to spell words they looked at me like I was a retard. "A dictionary is used to teach children. Are you sure you learned English?" And the concept of a spelling bee!! Totally lost on them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Duolingo is a pretty good app.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Thank you!  

Any other major city/oblast pronunciations that westerners get wrong?  I don’t want to misspeak again.

Ya Kharkiv. Same thing, K is silent. That’s about all I can think of. I’m sure someone else will chime in with some others.

Thank you.

Now I need to learn the alphabet.  

Hell, I might learn Ukrainian on one of those apps. It may come in handy one day.

I am about  4 months and 2/3 of the way through Duolngo’s Ukrainian lessons. I am learning words and phrases and probably know enough to get by as a tourist. Learning the grammar has been a challenge. I am supplementing it with resources and podcasts through Ukrainian.Lessons.com. The opportunity to practice with native speakers is critical to becoming fluent.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
For a sensible chuckle read on…

View Quote

What time is it?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Hungarian
It is phonetic and uses a lot of accent marks and dots. You pronounce every letter in the word.

When I told my Hungarian family that we use the dictionary often to find out how to spell words they looked at me like I was a retard. "A dictionary is used to teach children. Are you sure you learned English?" And the concept of a spelling bee!! Totally lost on them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

What's your native language?
I've been very slowly learning Russian for years and learning a language and all the context, exceptions, etc is just mind boggling.

Hungarian

Ha that's hilarious. English is kind of a nightmare. My wife asks me questions about weird pronunciations and the conversation goes like this:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SkiShooter:

I am about  4 months and 2/3 of the way through Duolngo's Ukrainian lessons. I am learning words and phrases and probably know enough to get by as a tourist. Learning the grammar has been a challenge. I am supplementing it with resources and podcasts through Ukrainian.Lessons.com. The opportunity to practice with native speakers is critical to becoming fluent.
View All Quotes

Thank you!  

Any other major city/oblast pronunciations that westerners get wrong?  I don't want to misspeak again.

Ya Kharkiv. Same thing, K is silent. That's about all I can think of. I'm sure someone else will chime in with some others.

Thank you.

Hell, I might learn Ukrainian on one of those apps. It may come in handy one day.

I am about  4 months and 2/3 of the way through Duolngo's Ukrainian lessons. I am learning words and phrases and probably know enough to get by as a tourist. Learning the grammar has been a challenge. I am supplementing it with resources and podcasts through Ukrainian.Lessons.com. The opportunity to practice with native speakers is critical to becoming fluent.

I've found Duolingo and talking with a native speaker is good for phrases and such, and I like the app Drops just for pure vocab
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:32:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#15]

Massive movement of US troops observed in Poland
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#16]

Lithuania will not provide asylum to those Russians who simply run away from responsibility and try to hide from mobilization, wrote Lithuanian Foreign Minister Gabrielius Landsbergis

“The Russians must stay and fight. Against Putin,” the minister wrote
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By panthermark:
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

You mean, like troopers digging foxholes in the immediate environs of Chernobyl?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

I thought about those guys the other day in passing wondering if they were still alive. Then I shrugged.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Probably.

I don't have much in the way of blood lust, but I wouldn't look away from seeing one shred a Russian aircraft in real time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

6000 rounds of ammo!!?? That like what, a 10 second burst?

Probably.

I don't have much in the way of blood lust, but I wouldn't look away from seeing one shred a Russian aircraft in real time.

I would pay for a video of a Gepard shredding a Kamov or a Hind.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote
Ukrainian humor is always 10/10
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Fingers crossed I can use the "It has been 0 days since the last death of a Russian General" meme.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

And it's coming to a country near you. Can already see them starting the beat down
View Quote

I agree. The craziness that led to Russian dysfunctional culture is in human nature everywhere. Russians dont lack a chromosome or function with sub 80 IQ. They simply tried communism. Hard.

America, at least until recently, has been a freak anomaly of selfless individualism. But the normal status quo of human existence is closer to Russia then to the USA. And we are trying to kill ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

It's coming, though I bet very very delayed.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#24]

I am about  4 months and 2/3 of the way through Duolngo’s Ukrainian lessons. I am learning words and phrases and probably know enough to get by as a tourist. Learning the grammar has been a challenge. I am supplementing it with resources and podcasts through Ukrainian.Lessons.com. The opportunity to practice with native speakers is critical to becoming fluent.
View All Quotes

Thank you!  

Any other major city/oblast pronunciations that westerners get wrong?  I don’t want to misspeak again.

Ya Kharkiv. Same thing, K is silent. That’s about all I can think of. I’m sure someone else will chime in with some others.

Thank you.

It’s not easy, lol. I’m doing the same thing as you, but less quickly. I’m really trying to grasp the alphabet flawlessly and repeating the sections until I’m not translating in my head.

I wish I had a local group of cool anti-communist Ukrainians to hang with and learn from. Immersion would get me way further at this point.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Just when I start to feel sorry for the average Russian soldier...
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Massive movement of US troops observed in Poland
View Quote

Training exercise. How was the wheat harvest in Kansas this year?....

Would be an interesting remake of Red Dawn.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mokerr] [#27]
View Quote

I could've sworn one Russian filmed himself raping a kid and the Russians put him in prison. This was a few months ago

I guess the bad news is he's probably Wagner by now
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

It’s not easy, lol. I’m doing the same thing as you, but less quickly. I’m really trying to grasp the alphabet flawlessly and repeating the sections until I’m not translating in my head.

I wish I had a local group of cool anti-communist Ukrainians to hang with and learn from. Immersion would get me way further at this point.
View Quote

I lasted ONE DAY in Russian class in college. I saw the alphabet and I was gone.

Totally unrelated...a section of a fence we share with our neighbor fell and I went over to ask if they want to spilt the cost of a new fence...they are Ukrainians and have a family there from Ukraine (grandmother, mom, and a young boy). I almost hugged them and tried my only Ukrainian "Slava Ukraini" (well also cuka but the time was not right). They seemed very nice but nervous. Spoke no English. Anyway I havnt seen them since and they probably thought I was KGB or something.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Wonder what would happen if all of the referendums failed for Putin?  Would that give him an out?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
things are changing around the world

View Quote

Looks like he tried to spray her with mace or something
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
I think there was an exercise ongoing that is ending so.. dont read too much into it yet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Wonder what would happen if all of the referendums failed for Putin?  Would that give him an out?
View Quote

Is that a joke?  

The Russians determined the outcome of this referendum long before it ever began.  

There is no “referendum.”  It is a complete, total, 100% farce.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Is that a joke?  

The Russians determined the outcome of this referendum long before it ever began.  

There is no “referendum.”  It is a complete, total, 100% farce.
View Quote

We all know that. He is just wondering what putin would do if somehow it went against him. IF putin wants out of this, it would be a great opportunity. But I think putin is only willing to win or burn the world if he can't have it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Russia decides to use nukes, no one is going to retaliate in kind. Biden won't trade US cities for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:30:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#40]
Originally Posted By R0N:

They are treated just like other armored vehicles, the preferred means to move them is via transport to as close to where they will be used to prevent wear and tear.

The big reason the USMC got rid of SPs in the late 80s was the mobility portion of the system is the most maintenance intense portion of the system, and guns were generally down because they could not be driven.  But with towed weapons, if the prime mover goes down, you don’t lose the system, you just replace the prime mover and drive on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
Originally Posted By Featureless:
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

not really, when used in firebases like we did in afghanistan that covered an AO, towed artillery worked perfect. But if you are moving frontlines and shooting and moving then mobile artillery is King.  An army needs both to be effective

A self propelled howitzer can sit at a firebase just as well as a towed piece if the need arises.  I guess lighter towed guns might be needed in the inventory in case they need to be airlifted to remote locations.

Towed gear can be towed by a wide range of tow vehicles.  Self propelled is harder and heavier to move if the propulsion gear fails or is damaged.

do they transport the sph to the front on a truck and trailer or do they drive it? Seems like a gas hog either way

They are treated just like other armored vehicles, the preferred means to move them is via transport to as close to where they will be used to prevent wear and tear.

The big reason the USMC got rid of SPs in the late 80s was the mobility portion of the system is the most maintenance intense portion of the system, and guns were generally down because they could not be driven.  But with towed weapons, if the prime mover goes down, you don’t lose the system, you just replace the prime mover and drive on.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Sorta like a camper vs an RV. What was the pro argument for the sph, further firing range?. Seems like the self propelled might be more accurate as well due to not jumping around when fired
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:

And the 'o' is pronounced as in 'owned'
View Quote

Here is a recording of it.  Under Ukrainian.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Is that a joke?  

There is no "referendum."  It is a complete, total, 100% farce.
View All Quotes

Is that a joke?  

There is no "referendum."  It is a complete, total, 100% farce.

Of course, but the point is that it could give Putin an out. "Oh you don't want to be part of Russia? Ok, we killed all the Nazis so we'll go home now"

Of course he won't, but it's a hypothetical "out"...one he won't take.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I'm for this, it would have saved us from iraq
View Quote

Nope.  I'm not sure we can fully depend on majority votes in the Security Council.  It was set up for veto by the permanent members for a reason. Permanent members: China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States ‍ Non-permanent members: Albania, Brazil, Gabon, Ghana, India, Ireland, Kenya, Mexico, Norway, United Arab Emirates.    When you look at the make up and voting tendencies of the UN as a whole and some of it's committees, we don't want "democracy" at work there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By shark101au:
Russia decides to use nukes, no one is going to retaliate in kind. Biden won't trade US cities for Ukraine.
View Quote

Biden is a fucking senile old man. I put nothing past him. Nothing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Some speculate that is the angle here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#48]
In the previous page, Jack mentioned the mobilization and looking inward.  Is the mobilization not for taking Ukraine, but instead protecting Russian borders after nukes are launched?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DOW:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOW:

He'll go back to the 1980s in his head and let em fly!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I don't think that Biden decides anything. He is doing what he is getting told.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2594 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top