Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2595 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree. The craziness that led to Russian dysfunctional culture is in human nature everywhere. Russians dont lack a chromosome or function with sub 80 IQ. They simply tried communism. Hard.

America, at least until recently, has been a freak anomaly of selfless individualism. But the normal status quo of human existence is closer to Russia then to the USA. And we are trying to kill ourselves.
View Quote

Bolshevism and its consequences certainly play a role in Russia's horrendous culture and governance today, to be sure. However, it isn't just limited to that. A lot of it boils down to the fact that the Russians didn't experience the enlightenment reforms and the industrial revolution to nearly the same extent that Western Europe did. While Western Europe was industrializing and liberalizing politically, Russia was still under repressive Tsarist rule and tons of Russians were still living as serfs. Then Bolshevism happened and pretty much destroyed any chance Russia had at joining the Western world.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
High explosives are propelling the BBs.  It’s probably classified what explosive they use, but HP explodes anywhere from 4,000 fps to 8,000 fps.
View Quote

practically every .mil HE is a blend of RDX, HMX, TNT, and/or PETN plus a stabilizer/plasticizer.  there are some special use cases like Octanitrocubane, but the big four above pretty much cover the waterfront in current munitions.

the RE factor and the detonation velocity of a host of explosive compounds are detailed here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_equivalent#Relative_effectiveness_factor

and as you can see from that data, the detonation velocity of even the “slow stuff” is much greater than your estimate above.  

RDX compounds in particular are widely used in military applications due to high RE factor combined with high insensitivity and long shelf life.

examples in military use are here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer-bonded_explosive#Some_example_PBXs

at least one of the HIMARS MLRS missile types uses PBXN-109 HE, which is RDX plus an aluminum binder.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Featureless:

Nope.  I'm not sure we can fully depend on majority votes in the Security Council.  It was set up for veto by the permanent members for a reason. Permanent members: China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States ‍ Non-permanent members: Albania, Brazil, Gabon, Ghana, India, Ireland, Kenya, Mexico, Norway, United Arab Emirates.    When you look at the make up and voting tendencies of the UN as a whole and some of it's committees, we don't want "democracy" at work there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Featureless:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I'm for this, it would have saved us from iraq

Nope.  I'm not sure we can fully depend on majority votes in the Security Council.  It was set up for veto by the permanent members for a reason. Permanent members: China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States ‍ Non-permanent members: Albania, Brazil, Gabon, Ghana, India, Ireland, Kenya, Mexico, Norway, United Arab Emirates.    When you look at the make up and voting tendencies of the UN as a whole and some of it's committees, we don't want "democracy" at work there.

If they were smart, they'd say the because the RU seat is actually the USSR seat, UNSC membership for that seat will rotate through former USSR states (like for non permanent UNSC seats). Entirely fair, and still retains USSR with permanent seat and veto power (just more fairly distributed and RU only gets to dickwave every few years).
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree. The craziness that led to Russian dysfunctional culture is in human nature everywhere. Russians dont lack a chromosome or function with sub 80 IQ. They simply tried communism. Hard.

America, at least until recently, has been a freak anomaly of selfless individualism. But the normal status quo of human existence is closer to Russia then to the USA. And we are trying to kill ourselves.
View Quote

Russia always had dysfunctional culture.

The US inherited a well behaved culture as an English colony. Our early colonization was at the right time, it was the 1600s and 1700s when English culture was becoming well behaved. But, culture always changes, so what we have won't last forever.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaNi05] [#5]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

It's not easy, lol. I'm doing the same thing as you, but less quickly. I'm really trying to grasp the alphabet flawlessly and repeating the sections until I'm not translating in my head.

I wish I had a local group of cool anti-communist Ukrainians to hang with and learn from. Immersion would get me way further at this point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
Originally Posted By SkiShooter:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Thank you!  

Any other major city/oblast pronunciations that westerners get wrong?  I don't want to misspeak again.

Ya Kharkiv. Same thing, K is silent. That's about all I can think of. I'm sure someone else will chime in with some others.

Thank you.

Now I need to learn the alphabet.  

Hell, I might learn Ukrainian on one of those apps. It may come in handy one day.

Duolingo is a pretty good app.

I am about  4 months and 2/3 of the way through Duolngo's Ukrainian lessons. I am learning words and phrases and probably know enough to get by as a tourist. Learning the grammar has been a challenge. I am supplementing it with resources and podcasts through Ukrainian.Lessons.com. The opportunity to practice with native speakers is critical to becoming fluent.

It's not easy, lol. I'm doing the same thing as you, but less quickly. I'm really trying to grasp the alphabet flawlessly and repeating the sections until I'm not translating in my head.

I wish I had a local group of cool anti-communist Ukrainians to hang with and learn from. Immersion would get me way further at this point.

I decided to start learning Russia during Covid, thinking it may come in handy in the future... and here we are!

The Duolingo Russian course is much more polished than the Ukrainian course. The main issue I find with it is that you never learn the rules of the grammatical structure or the real definition of words(like which 'here' to use, sorry don't know why I can't type in Cyrillic on ARFCOM). So you need to recognize when there's multiple words with similar meanings or phonetic rules or grammatical rules you don't understand and go outside of Duolingo and figure out why.

The Russian has made Ukrainian a bit quicker to learn. It's about as similar as it is different. Significantly different vocabulary, but sentence structure is pretty similar.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdXlIeYXwB06fxb?format=png&name=medium
View Quote

JSC?  OJSC?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Some speculate that is the angle here.
View All Quotes
Wonder what would happen if all of the referendums failed for Putin?  Would that give him an out?

Would allow them to hold onto dnr, lnr, and Crimea with threat of nukes if Ukraine keeps attacking
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:

JSC?  OJSC?
View All Quotes

JSC?  OJSC?

Possibly workers at those places being conscripted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSC_Russian_Machines

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_joint-stock_company
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

JSC?  OJSC?

Many JSCs and OJSCs are heavily involved In Russia’s military-industrial complex and are targets of sanctions
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

I don't think that Biden decides anything. He is doing what he is getting told.

View Quote

I'd really like to know what the plan is. Ukraine is chewing up russian troops. If putin gets the idea he is going to lose this, he is going to launch a tactical nuke on the battlefield. Then what? Biden has issued a very stern warning. What could we possibly do to russia now without actually shooting at them with american forces? If we do that, it's war. Are we ready to get into an actual war with russia after they have proven they will use nukes? I'm sure everybody is hoping somebody inside russia is going to remove or kill him. Or russia will revolt. We better not depend on that. People already said putin would not use national mobilization. He's doing it while calling it something else. And the second he made the announcement, agents with lists were going door to door handing out notices for people to show up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Is that a joke?  

The Russians determined the outcome of this referendum long before it ever began.  

There is no “referendum.”  It is a complete, total, 100% farce.
View Quote

They are going door to door with two AK 74 armed soldiers and a CLEAR ballot box and handing the person the ballot to fill out, how do you think they are going to vote?
That is if they don’t want to end up in a shallow unmarked grave how are they going to vote?

100% FARCE
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Man what kinda worries me is potential mobilization of all Ukrainian men. They already can’t leave Ukraine but haven’t been sent all to fight Putyas orcs. Now that he’s throwing more men, Ukraine will be forced to do the same. It’s worrisome for me because I have a ton of cousins in Ukraine.
View Quote

The plan is to raise a million man army.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:30:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#14]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I'd really like to know what the plan is. Ukraine is chewing up russian troops. If putin gets the idea he is going to lose this, he is going to launch a tactical nuke on the battlefield. Then what? Biden has issued a very stern warning. What could we possibly do to russia now without actually shooting at them with american forces? If we do that, it's war. Are we ready to get into an actual war with russia after they have proven they will use nukes? I'm sure everybody is hoping somebody inside russia is going to remove or kill him. Or russia will revolt. We better not depend on that. People already said putin would not use national mobilization. He's doing it while calling it something else. And the second he made the announcement, agents with lists were going door to door handing out notices for people to show up.
View Quote

Biden isn't doing shit. The opposite of what he says seems to happen
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Kind of like Kharkiv is actually pronounced without the K sound (Har-Keev).

I would really love to learn to speak the Ukrainian language. I was actually amazed when I first discovered that Russian/Ukrainian language with the Cyrillic alphabet actually contains sounds that fit in-between English letters. I mean, when I heard that you guys have a sound that fits between G and H, my mind was completely blown.
View Quote

The Spanish language Osint accounts I follow use Jerson and Jarkiv, so no K sound.

I've been learning a little Ukrainian since this has started to read some accounts and get a feel for it. It's different.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Biden isn't doing shit. The opposite of what he ccx says seems to happen
View Quote

He keeps running his mouth and the whitehouse has to immediately come out and "clarify" what biden says. They aren't bothering to read him in on what the grownups are doing, their figure head isn't that important. Good 'ol Uncle Joe. But america is really, really good at war. And smart people are deciding what happens next. Somebody is deciding what happens when putin uses a tactical nuke. I expect this whole thing is causing all of europe to be scared to death.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#17]

The  entire world needs to adopt a term that is even more hostile about the fake/bullshit/illegal/criminal referendums but I guess "sham referendum" is good enough. The entire planet should call them "sham referendum" every single time and immediately disregard them as though nobody ever took them seriously.
This whole thing just pisses me off.
View Quote

Shamerendum sounds about right.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panthermark] [#18]
Remember M*A*S*H?

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Trés riche.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Trés riche.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Trés riche.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

If the Russian economy is shrugging off sanctions so well, and there is no threat of conscription, what is he doing hanging out in Canada?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess Russia isn't satisfied with suffering as many KIA as we experienced in Vietnam. So I suppose their goal is reaching our WWII KIA totals. That is about the only thing I can see Russia accomplishing with this stunt. They really do seem to have a knack for doubling down on stupid, don't they?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Is that a joke?  

The Russians determined the outcome of this referendum long before it ever began.  

View All Quotes
Wonder what would happen if all of the referendums failed for Putin?  Would that give him an out?

Is that a joke?  

We know it’s completely rigged.  Just speculating that Putin could rig it as a loss to have a face saving out.  I don’t think that will happen, but I’ve been surprised before.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#24]
The BBC exposes Russians pretending to be Ukranian sellers of NATO equipment:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-62983444

Turns out Russians use Google translate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]

We know it’s completely rigged.  Just speculating that Putin could rig it as a loss to have a face saving out.  I don’t think that will happen, but I’ve been surprised before.
View Quote

He's not that smart.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By shark101au:
Russia decides to use nukes, no one is going to retaliate in kind. Biden won't trade US cities for Ukraine.
View Quote

No need to use nukes. 72 hours of US conventional cruise missile and B2 bomber strikes over Crimea would yield a nice, easy, neutered target for UKR forces.

PS: Hey Russia, have fun when the fallout hits Turkey. They are sure to be amused
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

View Quote

Not bad.

Fraud-erendum.

Scam-erendum.

Pig shit-erendum.

Yours is probably best.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:

And the 'o' is pronounced as in 'owned'
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:

Yes. It's pronounced without the K. Herson. But everyone in the West says it with the K lol

And the 'o' is pronounced as in 'owned'

Slap Shot - Who own the Chiefs... Ooownnzzz!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Olaf and team still can’t get on task.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Massive movement of US troops observed in Poland
View Quote

Damn, they are up to something
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Best quote was when the official tried to equate the war in Ukraine with the Great Patriotic War, and the citizen said “that was a real war, this is politics!”
Even in BFE they know this was not a defensive war for survival.
View All Quotes

Best quote was when the official tried to equate the war in Ukraine with the Great Patriotic War, and the citizen said “that was a real war, this is politics!”
Even in BFE they know this was not a defensive war for survival.

Just look at that white woman telling all those Asian men to go fight and die for her agenda of greed, imperialism, and genocide.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
He has always had an "out". He could have chose to not invade a neighbor, he could tell the troops to pack up and come home, he could tell them to surrender and beg for mercy.

He hasn't looked for an out, wouldn't take one if he found it. He will be sitting in the wreckage making engine sounds long after the wheels have come off and the transmission blew up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Of course, but the point is that it could give Putin an out. "Oh you don't want to be part of Russia? Ok, we killed all the Nazis so we'll go home now"

Of course he won't, but it's a hypothetical "out"...one he won't take.
He has always had an "out". He could have chose to not invade a neighbor, he could tell the troops to pack up and come home, he could tell them to surrender and beg for mercy.

He hasn't looked for an out, wouldn't take one if he found it. He will be sitting in the wreckage making engine sounds long after the wheels have come off and the transmission blew up.

Agree with all of course. Just saying it's one more out if he wanted it, which he doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
If my job was to destabilize Russia I'd mail mobilization summons to another million guys at random.
View Quote

Judo move.

Use their own momentum against themselves.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

They are going door to door with two AK 74 armed soldiers and a CLEAR ballot box and handing the person the ballot to fill out, how do you think they are going to vote?
That is if they don’t want to end up in a shallow unmarked grave how are they going to vote?

100% FARCE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Is that a joke?  

100% FARCE

Yep and the ones that vote no get shipped off to filtration camps.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#36]

JSC?  OJSC?

Many JSCs and OJSCs are heavily involved In Russia’s military-industrial complex and are targets of sanctions
Oops.  I assumed it was a military acronym, not business/financial.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaingun] [#37]

Ya Kharkiv. Same thing, K is silent. That's about all I can think of. I'm sure someone else will chime in with some others.
View All Quotes

Thank you!  

Any other major city/oblast pronunciations that westerners get wrong?  I don't want to misspeak again.

In Dutch the K is silent.  My sister married Dutch and their last name has a K

Many words with K in English are silent, because they are from other languages
https://ginsengenglish.com/blog/silent-k-words

English is the bastard language
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Once you've overthrown a government in a revolution, you try VERY HARD to make sure that nobody can ever overthrow YOUR new government in a revolution.*

The Bolsheviks understood this very well, and people like Lenin and Stalin were brutally effective in implementing that mindset.

(* - for an exception, see the U.S. Constitution )
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Kagetora:
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:
"Not all Russians"

Okay.

I know a handful of people in Russia, and not one I know supports it.  I had dinner with a friend of mine who's whole family is in Russia.  They are scared with the mobilization of the 300k and what's to come after.

That's awesome.

Maybe that entire family and 100,000,000 other Russians should stand up and do something about it. Take their country back.

Youre 100% correct. But you also have to understand the Russian way of viewing the world.
Their government sucks and they know it. They KNOW it will NEVER change no matter what they do. That's what their history has taught them. You stand up, you go to gulag. Most have not read Soltzinitzen (sp).
Now, we could explain to them that nobody could stop a million Russians from overthrowing Putin but they would probably respond with "yeah then someone even worse will come".
I'm not excusing it, but this is just the way it is.

That said, there's a still a limit I suppose. No idea where it's at though.

Once you've overthrown a government in a revolution, you try VERY HARD to make sure that nobody can ever overthrow YOUR new government in a revolution.*

The Bolsheviks understood this very well, and people like Lenin and Stalin were brutally effective in implementing that mindset.

(* - for an exception, see the U.S. Constitution )

In a way, men like Putin are just a continuation of that revolution in Russia even if not so overtly ideological.

As for the U.S., well, "revolution" is being used in its older sense there, where it had a more conservative meaning closer to its etymological origins, where you come around full circle to where you were supposed to have been in the first place (or at least that s the objective), which fits the description of what occurred in America fairly well (as well as in other countries, especially pre-1789).  With the Russians, it has its more recent, radical connotation, which is basically the overthrow of the system, often in the name of novel or radical ideas, in the vein of the French Revolution, the first major event of this type, which also provided the ideological basis for later revolutions of this sort like that in Russia.  Being KGB, I don't think Putin ever outgrew socialist ideology outside of swapping internationalism for nationalism.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#39]

They only use small burst when hunting drones, 8 to 12 rounds, the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT videos aren't showing the normal use of the Gepard.

And the Germans delivered more ammo earlier, 53k plus 4k training ammo.  

2,1k per vehicle with the latest delivery, not much but better than nothing.

The Swiss are blocking more ammo, the German Army had no more ammo because the Gepard was decommissioned years ago.

View Quote
Pellets will take out drones

They need an shotgun type ammo that ignites so many feet out
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

They only use small burst when hunting drones, 8 to 12 rounds, the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT videos aren't showing the normal use of the Gepard.

And the Germans delivered more ammo earlier, 53k plus 4k training ammo.  

2,1k per vehicle with the latest delivery, not much but better than nothing.

The Swiss are blocking more ammo, the German Army had no more ammo because the Gepard was decommissioned years ago.

All the video I've seen of drones in flight made me wonder why someone hasn't reinvented the 2 gauge punt gun.
Couple pounds of buckshot in a flight control type shot cup... fun for the whole family.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#41]
Ukraine Situation Report: Russia's Drone War Erupts Thanks To Iran

Key areas in southern Ukraine came under attack from a number of Iran-supplied Shahed-136 'kamikaze' or 'suicide' drones today. It is by far the most high-profile and concentrated use of these types of weapons by Russian forces. Video evidence also emerged in recent hours showing an Iranian Mohajer-6 medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle being recovered from the water by Ukrainian forces, serving as the drone’s first recorded sighting on the Ukrainian battlefield.

The evidence of Mohajer-6’s presence was shared by the Southern Air Command of the Ukrainian Air Force. Up until now, only Shahed-136s had been spotted in Ukraine, making it so the recent Mohajer-6 retrieval would confirm that both Iranian drones were included in deliveries from Iran to Russia that had occurred earlier this month. This matches our report on what drones would likely end up being used by Russia in Ukraine as part of a deal between Iran and Russia that had been in the works since at least July. The employment of these Iranian drones has the potential to disrupt the conflict in multiple ways.
View Quote

While Ukrainian forces claim to have shot down a number of these suicide drones earlier, some did manage to get through.

These little buzz-suicide drones will now be a staple on the battlefield. They're relatively cheap and simple and the enemy will have to commit resources to counter them or absorb the blows. While our military tends to prefer sexier air weapons, I truly hope these mostly autonomous simple point a to point b devices start finding their way into our arsenal.

Looks like Ukraine managed to down one of these more conventional Iranian made drones today.. awesome:

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#42]

HIMARS going cyclic.
View Quote

Full semi auto!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Russia can literally just go back to their hole and not be part civilization…
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ContraHQ:

No need to use nukes. 72 hours of US conventional cruise missile and B2 bomber strikes over Crimea would yield a nice, easy, neutered target for UKR forces.

PS: Hey Russia, have fun when the fallout hits Turkey. They are sure to be amused
View Quote

I'm sure.
But what is Russia's nuke forces doing while NATO is destroying their forces in Crimea?
What happens if/when they drop another nuke? How about they drop several? What do we do then?
We are assuming that Russia will be so impressed by our conventional strikes on them that they will reconsider further nukes. I disagree. The more effective and devastating our conventional strikes, the more likely Russia uses more nukes.
If we get word that RU has moved some nukes from stores, it's time to relocate to the Falkland Islands or maybe Greenland.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shark101au:
Russia decides to use nukes, no one is going to retaliate in kind. Biden won't trade US cities for Ukraine.

This.  He was incompetent during his prime.  I am curious how this scenario has been war gamed by the military in the past.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Well holy shit . . .

Had not thought of that angle.  Wouldn’t that be some crazy, 4-D chess?  The ultimate Russian “pretzel logic.”

My American mind is just too logical to anticipate or believe it.

But, I’ve been shocked and amazed at Putin’s delusions and massive miscalculations so far.  So anything’s possible at this point I guess.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#47]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdWPemdXwAMbQsk?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Surrender is an option. If you're concerned about getting shot for walking away to the rear. Both are options for people who decide they don't want to be there anymore.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Not to mention the WH openly refuting him almost on a weekly basis.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

The  entire world needs to adopt a term that is even more hostile about the fake/bullshit/illegal/criminal referendums but I guess "sham referendum" is good enough. The entire planet should call them "sham referendum" every single time and immediately disregard them as though nobody ever took them seriously.
This whole thing just pisses me off.

These are the types of elections that Jimmy Carter used to observe and rubber stamp as legitimate.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2595 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top