Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2605 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Would you like to reconsider your position, sir?
View Quote

I was just trying to make a Houston joke; should have added an emoji. The strip club thing does change my opinion… ;)
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I was just trying to make a Houston joke; should have added an emoji.
View Quote

I'm sure finding out about the strip clubs would change anybodys mind. It would certainly give me pause.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Remember all those WW2 pictures of americans taking jap skulls as trophies? Well there's some pictures right now of ukrainian soldiers doing the same thing to russian skulls circulating, and it is very, very nasty. This war is bringing out the worst in both sides.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Remember all those WW2 pictures of americans taking jap skulls as trophies? Well there's some pictures right now of ukrainian soldiers doing the same thing to russian skulls circulating, and it is very, very nasty. This war is bringing out the worst in both sides.
View Quote

Slavic wars are generally not kind.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:57:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JBT] [#5]
conscripts report they were handed half-rotten Kalashnikov assault rifles. They are, to put it mildly, shocked.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1573582019979841536?t=rOP1i76R9F04qpRPtCczCw&s=19[/tweet]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Roger Waters cancels Polish concerts after hostility to his anti-Ukraine stance.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-entertainment-poland-krakow-0c05a0cf6fb1952a33e105f35007e3a0?taid=632f9cc348c77f00015bca21&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

An official with the Tauron Arena in Krakow, where Waters was scheduled to perform two concerts in April, said they would no longer take place.

“Roger Waters’ manager decided to withdraw ... without giving any reason,” Lukasz Pytko from Tauron Arena Krakow said Saturday in comments carried by Polish media outlets.

The website for Waters’ “This Is Not a Drill” concert tour did not list the Krakow concerts previously scheduled for April 21-22.

City councilors in Krakow were expected to vote next week on a proposal to name Waters as a persona non grata, expressing “indignation” over the musician’s stance on the war in Ukraine.

Waters wrote an open letter to Ukrainian first lady Olena Zelenska early this month in which he blamed “extreme nationalists” in Ukraine for having “set your country on the path to this disastrous war.” He also criticized the West for supplying Ukraine with weapons, blaming Washington in particular.

Waters has also criticized NATO, accusing it of provoking Russia.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Roger Waters is a fucking moron and Poland doesn't suffer fools. This outcome was pretty much inevitable.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Today looks like another big number day for UA...
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:18:13 AM EDT
[#11]

HUGE day for air defense
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:28:00 AM EDT
[#12]

The main water-boy for Stalin was the NYT Moscow head Walt Duranty (British actually). His stature and reporting over-rode other’s concerns. No mass conspiracy, and not at all “complicit.” I am no FDR lover, but this was well outside anything actionable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

We were complicit.....journalist reports were coming out about what was happening and the US press and leftist scums of the 30's covered it up.....like the Hollywood commie cock lovers of the 30's...they REFUSED TO BELIEVE IT....they just ignored it despite photos...despite dozens of witnesses.

WE WERE COMPLICIT dude....FDR knew and many in the state dept. KNEW.

The main water-boy for Stalin was the NYT Moscow head Walt Duranty (British actually). His stature and reporting over-rode other’s concerns. No mass conspiracy, and not at all “complicit.” I am no FDR lover, but this was well outside anything actionable.

Not to mention that during the same timeframe Stalin invited Americans to immigrate to Russia to escape the Great Depression and upwards of 100,000 did.  Afterwards he changed his mind declaring foreigners to be spies and most of them were “purged”.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:

Not to mention that during the same timeframe Stalin invited Americans to immigrate to Russia to escape the Great Depression and upwards of 100,000 did.  Afterwards he changed his mind declaring foreigners to be spies and most of them were “purged”.

View Quote

I don’t mind. Can they do that again?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Odessa was again attacked by enemy kamikaze drones. The enemy hit the administrative building in the center of the city three times. The rescue operation and fire extinguishing are ongoing. One drone was shot down by air defense forces. There are no casualties.
https://t.me/Bratchuk_Sergey/19315

VK

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

LOL. I should have put it in quotations.  Josef Stalin said it.
View Quote

@CharlieR maybe that makes the statement even more powerful.

Just because an asshole said it does not make it false.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#16]
Kherson-

A Ukrainian missile hit the hotel where the film crew of RT military correspondent Murad was located.
https://t.me/kherson_mohair/3794

In the Kherson region, they said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine attacked the hotel on a tip from NATO
https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/15861103

KHERSON, 25 September. /TASS/. The Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) attacked a hotel in the center of Kherson based on intelligence and a tip from NATO representatives. This was reported to a TASS correspondent on Sunday by a representative of law enforcement agencies of the Kherson region.

"The attack on the hotel was clearly carried out with the help of NATO representatives, according to their intelligence and on their tip," he said.

The administration of the Kherson region called the missile attack on the hotel a planned terrorist act by Ukraine. "The missile attack on the hotel is a planned terrorist attack," the administration said in a statement.

The administration of the Kherson region said on Sunday that at approximately 05:30 am, the Ukrainian Armed Forces launched a missile attack on the building of the Play Hotel by Ribas in the center of Kherson, killing two people. After the deputy head of the military-civilian administration of the Kherson region, Kirill Stremousov, told TASS that the deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of the 5th and 6th convocations, Alexei Zhuravko, was killed as a result of the strike.

Former Ukrainian politician 👆
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View Quote

I hear you, but for every budding communist was a desperate person that was tricked.  Skilled labor was actively recruited and promised jobs and a place to live with passage paid for them.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:22:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#18]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

We were complicit.....journalist reports were coming out about what was happening and the US press and leftist scums of the 30's covered it up.....like the Hollywood commie cock lovers of the 30's...they REFUSED TO BELIEVE IT....they just ignored it despite photos...despite dozens of witnesses.

WE WERE COMPLICIT dude....FDR knew and many in the state dept. KNEW.

View Quote

The New York Slimes had a reported embedded in Russia sending false reports refuting the famine during the Holomodor and also the other nasty shit Stalin was doing. I think FDR was sympathetic to communism and had some commie advisors.

*beat
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#19]

He should change venue to Rostov or maybe Moscow. Maybe sing a duet with Steven Segal..
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I never heard of that but not surprised. Thank God we got rid of 100K hard core commies. We would have had our commie revolution in the 70's instead of today had they all stayed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#21]
A large concentration of Russian military equipment in Novaya Kakhovka, Kherson Region

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#22]
https://en.defence-ua.com/news/ukraines_armed_forces_destroy_120_russian_tanks_in_kherson_region_with_german_at2_mines-4325.html

Ukraine’s Armed Forces Destroy 120 russian Tanks in Kherson Region with German AT2 Mines

Armed Forces of Ukraine use German DM1399 AT2 scatterable anti-tank mines, which supposedly have been secretly provided by Great Britain or Germany

A photo appeared on the network showing the DM1399 version of the AT2 scatterable anti-tank mine that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are using in the Kherson region.

The mine can be deployed from a rocket. It has a diameter of 103.5 mm and a weight of 2.22 kg. The mine auto-destructs after one of six selectable periods, up to a maximum of four days.

Apparently, russian army has lost 120 tanks in the Kherson region over the past 3 weeks because of new German weapons in the arsenal of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#23]
One of the major milestones in the Russian watch industry was the result of buying the bankrupt Dueber-Hampden Watch Factory in Ohio and sending employees there to train and set up machinery. https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/russian-watches-part-2-the-first-moscow-watch-factory-poljot/
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

HUGE day for air defense
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

HUGE day for air defense

Special equipment losses might be even more significant, given Ukraine's use of geographic features to isolate Russian units.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By sq40:
https://en.defence-ua.com/news/ukraines_armed_forces_destroy_120_russian_tanks_in_kherson_region_with_german_at2_mines-4325.html

Ukraine’s Armed Forces Destroy 120 russian Tanks in Kherson Region with German AT2 Mines

Armed Forces of Ukraine use German DM1399 AT2 scatterable anti-tank mines, which supposedly have been secretly provided by Great Britain or Germany

A photo appeared on the network showing the DM1399 version of the AT2 scatterable anti-tank mine that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are using in the Kherson region.

The mine can be deployed from a rocket. It has a diameter of 103.5 mm and a weight of 2.22 kg. The mine auto-destructs after one of six selectable periods, up to a maximum of four days.

Apparently, russian army has lost 120 tanks in the Kherson region over the past 3 weeks because of new German weapons in the arsenal of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

https://en.defence-ua.com/media/contentimages/243632f232facfec.jpeg
View Quote

120 tanks destroyed just by that mine!!?? I have doubts. Maybe they DEPLOYED 120 mines? I hope I'm wrong and they can bust out of Khersan. They seem to be struggling there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#26]

I hear you, but for every budding communist was a desperate person that was tricked.  Skilled labor was actively recruited and promised jobs and a place to live with passage paid for them.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/5520F9DA-932E-4CDB-AC38-A2143AD0F64F-2538470.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/5520F9DA-932E-4CDB-AC38-A2143AD0F64F-2538470.jpg

This is my favorite,

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

120 tanks destroyed just by that mine!!?? I have doubts. Maybe they DEPLOYED 120 mines? I hope I'm wrong and they can bust out of Khersan. They seem to be struggling there.
View All Quotes

Yeah, that figure seems way out of line to me too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:
One of the major milestones in the Russian watch industry was the result of buying the bankrupt Dueber-Hampden Watch Factory in Ohio and sending employees there to train and set up machinery. https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/russian-watches-part-2-the-first-moscow-watch-factory-poljot/
View Quote

Huh, who knew?

Did you work for Timex?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Cossackgundi interview:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19910207/russians-death-threats-pow-aiden-aslin/

In his first interview since being freed this week, brave Aiden Aslin, 28, tells The Sun on Sunday how he was beaten up, stabbed and forced to listen to Soviet songs in a tiny cell for 24 hours a day.
His terrifying ordeal only came to an end after ex-Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich brokered an extraordinary prisoner swap.
Aiden, reunited yesterday with his mother and his Ukrainian fiancée, admitted: “I never thought I’d get out alive.”
Notts-born Aiden had built a new life in Ukraine in 2018 — falling in love with Diane Okovyta and joining the marines.
He then fought the Russians after their invasion in February.

But his battalion was cornered when it ran out of food and ammo at the bloody siege of Mariupol in April.
Before they surrendered, Aiden rang his mum Angela Wood, 51, and also told Diane: “No matter what, I will see you again.”
However, he soon feared his days were numbered.
He recalled: “They flicked through my passport and quickly realised it wasn’t Ukrainian.

"The soldier asked in Russian, ‘Where are you from?’ I told him I was from Great Britain and he punched me in the face.
“They separated me from the others and began interviewing me in the back of an armoured vehicle.
"I went to my commander and said, ‘Look I’m going to be taken, they’re probably going to kill me, I need you to tell my family when you get out, if you get out, that I love them’.”

Aiden was driven on to the Donetsk People’s Republic, led into a detention centre with a hood over his head and beaten repeatedly with a nightstick during interrogation.
Each answer he gave was met with another beating, while they also threatened to cut off his ear.

After he collapsed on the floor, he was struck again across the forehead - suffering injuries the world would see 24 hours later when Vladimir Putin’s henchmen announced his capture on social media.
Aiden said: “The officer was smoking a cigarette and knelt down in front of me to ask, ‘Do you know who I am?’ I said ‘no’ and he replied in Russian, ‘I am your death’.
He said, ‘Did you see what I did to you?’. He pointed to my back. He showed me his knife and I realised he’d stabbed me.
“He then asked me, ‘Do you want a quick death or a beautiful death?’.
"I replied in Russian, ‘A quick death’. He smiled and said ‘No, you’re going to have a beautiful death . . . and I’m going to make sure it’s a beautiful death.”

Over the next five months, he was held for 24 hours a day in a cell just 4ft by 6ft and littered with cockroaches and lice.

He was starved of sunlight and only allowed out to film propaganda videos and take calls with the Foreign Office.
His captors played the Russian national anthem on a loop and ordered him to stand and sing it or be beaten again.
When they flipped open the grill of his cell, he was ordered to yell: “Glory to Russia.”

In May, he went on trial for being a mercenary and used the opportunity to communicate with his family — rubbing his nose when lying.
Amid global outcry, he was sentenced to death and told he would be shot dead by a firing squad.
Aiden said: “During the entire five months in captivity, I couldn’t cry.
"When I heard I’d been given the death sentence I wanted to cry but I just couldn’t. It was literally a matter of surviving.
“Your life is in the hands of these people and you do what they tell you to do or you suffer the consequences.
"Despite everything we went through, I knew sooner or later we would see light at the end of the tunnel and that I would get back to see Diane and my family.”

The news he had long hoped for finally arrived this week when he was hooded, marched out of his cell and placed on a truck headed for Rostov-on-Don airport in Russia.

His fellow captives — John Harding, 59, Shaun Pinner, 48, Dylan Healy, 22, and Andrew Hill, 35 — were also there.
Aiden said: “I heard one of the soldiers saying ‘exchange’. I started getting excited but kept telling myself, ‘Stop it, stop it’.
"I might have misheard. They said, ‘Have you heard the news about the Queen?’.
"I’d heard about it on the radio in my cell a few days earlier so I said ‘Yes’. It was quite emotional.
“I was put in the truck, told to drop to my knees and had tape wrapped round my wrists and eyes.
"We were put into a stress position and linked together so we couldn’t move.
"I still had no idea what was going on but after a number of hours we arrived at the airport.”

He went on: “I’d removed the tape and was trying to process where I was. I’m looking at a group of Saudis and one of the lads says, ‘Is that Roman Abramovich?’”
It then dawned on them they were being freed. When they boarded the plane, Abramovich shook Aiden’s hand, telling him: “It’s good to have you here.”
He added: “We sat down and Shaun sat next to me. Abramovich was watching everyone.
"He was a bit shy and didn’t want to hassle us. It was amazing.
"Less than 48 hours earlier I was in solitary confinement, treated worse than a dog and now I was on a plane with people who didn’t want to hurt me.”

Tearful Aiden, who is back at his mum’s home in Newark, met his young nephews for the first time yesterday.
He said: “I want to thank Mr Abramovich from the bottom of my heart. I’m here today because of him and not in that horrible place.”

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Maybe it is a translation thing. Maybe 120 military vehicles total. Even then, that is a lot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

Yeah, that figure seems way out of line to me too.
Maybe it is a translation thing. Maybe 120 military vehicles total. Even then, that is a lot.

Wonder if these could be deployed around a rail yard? I doubt it though. Are these the off axis type? Don't they deploy using sounds and vibration or something.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Good
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

There were pics of Russians doing that months ago with UKR skulls.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

I remember a video of a Wagner dude with a skull in his hands. Talking shit to a group. Like a faggotry Russian version of Macbeth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:46:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]

View Quote

The Ukrainians were requesting these a few months back.  The particular version in the article can be deployed from the German MARS (HIMARS) system.  But the interesting part is that the US supplied a very similar system over a month ago as well.   RAAMS, which can be launched from 155mm artillery systems.

https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and_tech/ukraine_will_get_raam_system_from_usa-4159.html

Apparently, they are proving to be very effective.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#38]
No, just an enthusiast of Soviet/Russian timepieces (and comblock stuff in general).

Originally Posted By vahog:

Huh, who knew?

Did you work for Timex?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vahog:
Originally Posted By pivoproseem:

Huh, who knew?

Did you work for Timex?

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

If you can figure out where the Russians are moving their armor to and fro, you can see patterns in that movement.   If you can throw mines along that path many miles behind the front lines, you can really screw them up once they are used to traveling a formerly safe route.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:56:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Iranian news.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Cossackgundi interview:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Cossackgundi interview:

In his first interview since being freed this week, brave Aiden Aslin, 28, tells The Sun on Sunday how he was beaten up, stabbed and forced to listen to Soviet songs in a tiny cell for 24 hours a day.
His terrifying ordeal only came to an end after ex-Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich brokered an extraordinary prisoner swap.
Aiden, reunited yesterday with his mother and his Ukrainian fiancée, admitted: “I never thought I’d get out alive.”
Notts-born Aiden had built a new life in Ukraine in 2018 — falling in love with Diane Okovyta and joining the marines.
He then fought the Russians after their invasion in February.

But his battalion was cornered when it ran out of food and ammo at the bloody siege of Mariupol in April.
Before they surrendered, Aiden rang his mum Angela Wood, 51, and also told Diane: “No matter what, I will see you again.”
However, he soon feared his days were numbered.
He recalled: “They flicked through my passport and quickly realised it wasn’t Ukrainian.

"The soldier asked in Russian, ‘Where are you from?’ I told him I was from Great Britain and he punched me in the face.
“They separated me from the others and began interviewing me in the back of an armoured vehicle.
"I went to my commander and said, ‘Look I’m going to be taken, they’re probably going to kill me, I need you to tell my family when you get out, if you get out, that I love them’.”

Aiden was driven on to the Donetsk People’s Republic, led into a detention centre with a hood over his head and beaten repeatedly with a nightstick during interrogation.
Each answer he gave was met with another beating, while they also threatened to cut off his ear.

After he collapsed on the floor, he was struck again across the forehead - suffering injuries the world would see 24 hours later when Vladimir Putin’s henchmen announced his capture on social media.
Aiden said: “The officer was smoking a cigarette and knelt down in front of me to ask, ‘Do you know who I am?’ I said ‘no’ and he replied in Russian, ‘I am your death’.
He said, ‘Did you see what I did to you?’. He pointed to my back. He showed me his knife and I realised he’d stabbed me.
“He then asked me, ‘Do you want a quick death or a beautiful death?’.
"I replied in Russian, ‘A quick death’. He smiled and said ‘No, you’re going to have a beautiful death . . . and I’m going to make sure it’s a beautiful death.”

Over the next five months, he was held for 24 hours a day in a cell just 4ft by 6ft and littered with cockroaches and lice.

He was starved of sunlight and only allowed out to film propaganda videos and take calls with the Foreign Office.
His captors played the Russian national anthem on a loop and ordered him to stand and sing it or be beaten again.
When they flipped open the grill of his cell, he was ordered to yell: “Glory to Russia.”

In May, he went on trial for being a mercenary and used the opportunity to communicate with his family — rubbing his nose when lying.
Amid global outcry, he was sentenced to death and told he would be shot dead by a firing squad.
Aiden said: “During the entire five months in captivity, I couldn’t cry.
"When I heard I’d been given the death sentence I wanted to cry but I just couldn’t. It was literally a matter of surviving.
“Your life is in the hands of these people and you do what they tell you to do or you suffer the consequences.
"Despite everything we went through, I knew sooner or later we would see light at the end of the tunnel and that I would get back to see Diane and my family.”

The news he had long hoped for finally arrived this week when he was hooded, marched out of his cell and placed on a truck headed for Rostov-on-Don airport in Russia.

His fellow captives — John Harding, 59, Shaun Pinner, 48, Dylan Healy, 22, and Andrew Hill, 35 — were also there.
Aiden said: “I heard one of the soldiers saying ‘exchange’. I started getting excited but kept telling myself, ‘Stop it, stop it’.
"I might have misheard. They said, ‘Have you heard the news about the Queen?’.
"I’d heard about it on the radio in my cell a few days earlier so I said ‘Yes’. It was quite emotional.
“I was put in the truck, told to drop to my knees and had tape wrapped round my wrists and eyes.
"We were put into a stress position and linked together so we couldn’t move.
"I still had no idea what was going on but after a number of hours we arrived at the airport.”

He went on: “I’d removed the tape and was trying to process where I was. I’m looking at a group of Saudis and one of the lads says, ‘Is that Roman Abramovich?’”
It then dawned on them they were being freed. When they boarded the plane, Abramovich shook Aiden’s hand, telling him: “It’s good to have you here.”
He added: “We sat down and Shaun sat next to me. Abramovich was watching everyone.
"He was a bit shy and didn’t want to hassle us. It was amazing.
"Less than 48 hours earlier I was in solitary confinement, treated worse than a dog and now I was on a plane with people who didn’t want to hurt me.”

Tearful Aiden, who is back at his mum’s home in Newark, met his young nephews for the first time yesterday.
He said: “I want to thank Mr Abramovich from the bottom of my heart. I’m here today because of him and not in that horrible place.”

Wow.  I’m speechless.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#49]

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3579051-ukrainian-forces-strike-russian-guard-base-in-kherson.html

The Armed Forces of Ukraine have eliminated 57 Russian invaders and 30 units of enemy equipment in the southern direction over the past day.
The Operational Command South reported this on Facebook, Ukrinform reports.

"The situation in the Southern Buh operational zone remains tense, but controlled. The occupation forces continue campaigning and coercive measures as part of the organization of pseudo-referendums," the report reads.
View Quote

Over the past day, the Russian forces launched four airstrikes on Ukrainian positions along the contact line.

"In response, our aviation lunched five strikes on two enemy air defense systems in the Kherson and Kakhovka districts, on three areas of concentration of weapons and equipment in the Beryslav area. Rocket and artillery units performed 266 fire missions, including by strengthening fire control in the area of ​​the Kakhovka HPP, where the occupiers are trying to build crossings, and by weakening the enemy army at three unit headquarters along the front line. The location of the Russian National Guard in Kherson was struck, one of the enemy unit headquarters was suppressed in the area of ​​Davydiv Brid,” the operational command said.

According to confirmed data, the enemy losses include 57 military personnel and 30 units of equipment, including two Msta-B howitzers, Gvozdika and Akatsia self-propelled howitzers, one Grad MLRS and two staff vehicles and 19 units of other armored vehicles.

The enemy continues aerial reconnaissance and attempted drone attacks. Two Orlan-10 drones were destroyed in the Beryslav district of Kherson region and in the Bashtanka district of Mykolaiv region. A Shahed-136 kamikaze drone was downed in the nearby Mykolaiv district. In addition, three enemy ammunition depots were destroyed in the Bashtanka district of Mykolaiv region and in the Kherson and Beryslav districts of Kherson region.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote
Seems they went to battle without their anti-ditching beam. That is what the log we see on many vehicles are for.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2605 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top