Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2609 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If true, wow.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Are the gepards not able to track these?
View Quote

The Gepard is apparently a a good counter drone system and has been sold for just that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Israel will accept 20 seriously wounded Ukrainian soldiers for treatment - Ambassador

View Quote
Israel should setup field hospitals in UA.  Only helping others
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
If true, wow.

View Quote

"Enemy At The Gates"

you pick up rifle!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Israel should setup field hospitals in UA.  Only helping others
View Quote

I thought they did. In the West of UA?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]

That article doesn’t have enough information to give me confidence.

But I would like to see the US start rebuilding Abrams for Ukraine, and open a facility in Poland near the border since then both would be M1 users.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]

I suppose they store those AK's in the henhouse? Maybe the wellhouse?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

I suppose they store those AK's in the henhouse? Maybe the wellhouse?
View Quote
Probably zero maintenance on the warehouse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Hahaha LOL !!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Wow! Maybe giving them M60A3's! That would be sweet to give the ol girl another life at killing Russian armor!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

I’m always amazed at how Orcs DO NOTHING for their wounded comrades after they get dunked on like this. It’s every man for himself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

But I would like to see the US start rebuilding Abrams for Ukraine, and open a facility in Poland near the border since then both would be M1 users.
View Quote

Tens of billions of dollars spent to open/retool a production line.

An M1 from the boneyard has as little in common with an M1A2 SEP V3/V4 as a modern Chevy Caprice does with a '57 Chevy Bel-Air. Different gun, different hull, different drivetrain, different turret, different electronics. Hell, there might still be some commonality in the treads and roadwheels, but probably not.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

So im confused I thought girkin was pro Russia?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]

The Gepard is apparently a a good counter drone system and has been sold for just that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Are the gepards not able to track these?

Wonder why we don't hear the gepards rattling off some 35mm then in all the Odessa drone videos? All you hear is small arms
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
View Quote

That could be RU footage from one of their drones, shown hitting UKR infantry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#19]
See Ukraine Port City's Referendum (Backed By Russia) To Join Russia
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

There seems to be an Igor Girkin parody or duplicate account. I’ve wondered about that myself. One is a Russian war criminal and murderer and one is a pro Ukraine account.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Man I hope the Iranian people get to taste freedom circa pre Ayatollahs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Man I hope the Iranian people get to taste freedom circa pre Ayatollahs.

The islamists screwed up in Iran. Elsewhere, they crush intellectualism and any sort of free thinking... Only blind ignorant obedience is allowed.

Iran under the shaw, had a hugely educated and wealthy urban population. The fundies wanted a state equal to that of the Saudis, so they didn't crush it.

Educated free thinkers don't take kindly to someone being beaten to death over a scarf.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

View Quote

Did some quick googling, I think the actual guy doesn’t have a Twitter and this indeed is a troll account.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Wow! Maybe giving them M60A3's! That would be sweet to give the ol girl another life at killing Russian armor!
View Quote

I believe all the M60s are out of inventory.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

These people in these regions need to learn about glass bottles and gasoline. It's one of the effective tools they have. Show up at the recruiting offices at night. Throw a brick through the window to break it, a half dozen bottles of gas, then 1 molotov. or 1 molotov then shower the place with bottles of gas after it is lit. But there is absolutely no reason to be fooling around trying to light a bunch of wicks while the cops are closing in.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I’m always amazed at how Orcs DO NOTHING for their wounded comrades after they get dunked on like this. It’s every man for himself.
View Quote

Every pig for himself. I don't know if it is lack of morals, lack of values, Ain't no comrade ship for sure. something is lacking there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Korea is planning to build the K2PL, which is a cousin to the Abrams, so they’ll be building a plant if they don’t have one already.

An M1 from the boneyard has as little in common with an M1A2 SEP V3/V4 as a modern Chevy Caprice does with a '57 Chevy Bel-Air. Different gun, different hull, different drivetrain, different turret, different electronics. Hell, there might still be some commonality in the treads and roadwheels, but probably not.

Drivetrain and road wheels are the same, but the power packs were probably pulled since I don’t think they have one for every Abrams made. That said they DO reuse the hulls and some other parts when rebuilding an M1A1 into an M1A2. The SEPV3 has internal changes to counter IEDs but they still reuse the hulls. The turrets are largely new. Point being it’s a starting point and it’s mature. The A1s could also be used as is by Ukraine, if someone either builds new spares or upgrades some systems so that new spares are available.

I want them using a US system so that we get the tax dollars on the support contracts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I got whipsawed by that, too a long while back. It’s not Strelkov. Just a joe using the name.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Wonder why we don't hear the gepards rattling off some 35mm then in all the Odessa drone videos? All you hear is small arms
View Quote

It was heard in one video I guess but there’s probably a prohibition on social media for the soldiers using them and they likely have better disciplined and likely regular army troops manning them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#29]
The real Igor Gherkin Pickle has a telegram account he posts to. Looks like he thinks the mobilization will fail.

-edit more-

Hey asshole. The whole world knew this a week ago. Means fuck all to anyone who isn't under Putin's thumb.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

The hulls and some of the drivetrain from an original M1 could probably be reused; however, as you stated, everything else would have to be rebuilt, using part that, in some cases, have not been manufactured in over two decades.  Early M1A1's MIGHT be a little better, as the turret could POSSIBLY be upgraded as well.  However, how much do you want to delay the US Army and Poland's fielding of M1A2 SEP 2/SEP 3 variants in the process?  It would probably be quicker (if not cheaper) to regen the M1/Early M1A1 hulls with as much new stuff as possible and build them as a sort of SEP2- configuration.  Even then, assuming Lima started tomorrow and got enough magic money to crank up to full production to sustain both current production and production of the  UKR hillbilly version simultaneously, and could somehow both double and accelerate component delivery,  the first SEP2- tanks would show up in Ukraine around two years from now, and it would take another four-six months for them to show up at the front in sufficient numbers to make a difference.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#31]

That’s private ace to you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#32]
According to Russian pages, the #Russian war correspondent " #russian Blokhin" was arrested in #Syria by order of the commander of the Russian forces in #Syria "Alexander Chaiko"
https://t.me/ALMHARAR
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Did some quick googling, I think the actual guy doesn't have a Twitter and this indeed is a troll account.
View All Quotes

Did some quick googling, I think the actual guy doesn't have a Twitter and this indeed is a troll account.

Exactly what's going on
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

No, they are talking about all the ones in storage in NATO countries have
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The hulls and some of the drivetrain from an original M1 could probably be reused; however, as you stated, everything else would have to be rebuilt, using part that, in some cases, have not been manufactured in over two decades.  Early M1A1's MIGHT be a little better, as the turret could POSSIBLY be upgraded as well.  However, how much do you want to delay the US Army and Poland's fielding of M1A2 SEP 2/SEP 3 variants in the process?  It would probably be quicker (if not cheaper) to regen the M1/Early M1A1 hulls with as much new stuff as possible and build them as a sort of SEP2- configuration.  Even then, assuming Lima started tomorrow and got enough magic money to crank up to full production to sustain both current production and production of the  UKR hillbilly version simultaneously, and could somehow both double and accelerate component delivery,  the first SEP2- tanks would show up in Ukraine around two years from now, and it would take another four-six months for them to show up at the front in sufficient numbers to make a difference.
View Quote

I suspect that if you called GDLS up and told them you needed X tanks built on a stricter than usual schedule and budget but they just had to be “good enough for Ukraine” they would come up with some good ideas that were workable. And probably use a diesel. More importantly that’s about the only way that modern tanks are going to end up there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I thought the Turks and Taiwanese bought the rest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Plus "Out of the inventory" doesn't mean gone. It just means uncle samuel sold them off for recycling.
And not DRMO type sold off either.
There's no way there isn't scads of obsolete hulls sitting around waiting for the torch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#39]

This will either be no big deal, or the moment when Ukraine learns to keep CIC in bunkers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
If true, wow.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Inshallah!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

Then that is gonna be a problem

Emergency appeal! ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ ValLagyi I believe that we will disrupt the mobilization - there is no doubt! Today, all of Russia and all of Dagestan saw how to keep their sons out of the war! Today, all villages and all cities of Dagestan have received this lesson, and from tomorrow we will start hunting for everyone who helps mobilization! Your property and your health will no longer be safe, insha Allah! We declare the partisan movement in Dagestan open! And tomorrow you will see our plan! Today is the beginning of your imminent end insha Allah! The truth is with us, this is how Allah prepares his slaves for serious work and actions, insha Allah!
https://t.me/utro_dagestan/2964

Inshallah!

Wait.

Does this mean the Caucuses are about to get it on?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Guys,

Does Ukraine have ANY air power assets at all?

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Why are we looking at a tweet with the account removed so that we can’t check it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

This will either be no big deal, or the moment when Ukraine learns to keep CIC in bunkers.
View Quote

Seems odd, they hit it yesterday and it was not a big deal.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Wait.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Inshallah!

Wait.

Inshallah!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Ukraine should take land, move the himars as far forward as possible, nail the  new russian troops and supplies coming in before they ever get to the front lines.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CMOS:
Guys,

CMOS
View Quote

Ummmm yes. They have almost as many aircraft as before the war only now they can use the HARM missile. Also, they use guided missiles to do what we do with aircraft.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#49]

Why are we looking at a tweet with the account removed so that we can’t check it?
View Quote

Its a screenshot I was sent. I typically only post in the other milforum Ukraine thread versus this one,  just dropped it in here.  Feel free to do some fact checking, although I assure you it's real.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CMOS:
Guys,

CMOS
View Quote

Su-27
Su-25
MiG-29
Su-24

Seem to be sortieing regularly.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2609 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top