Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2652 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Don't you just love how they lay claim to whatever they please?

Getting your ass kicked in a foreign land? Say no more. It's now ours because we say it is. Fuckers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Don't you just love how they lay claim to whatever they please?

Getting your ass kicked in a foreign land? Say no more. It's now ours because we say it is. Fuckers.

I hereby declare Moscow an independent state. I shall lay claim to it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Obviously, the "confirmed" part is a big caveat, but the number of LTs KIA seems shockingly low to the general number of KIA.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I snuck back in the living room for my Red bull Vodka. I'm going out lit as fuck. Back in the bathroom.

Greetings Cossack Javelin!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20220929_231956_jpg-2544078.JPG
View Quote

When this is over, i want to come buy some of that.  And i'll pay for a party for any locals who want to get lit with an old fat american.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

When this is over, i want to come buy some of that.  And i'll pay for a party for any locals who want to get lit with an old fat american.
View All Quotes

I snuck back in the living room for my Red bull Vodka. I'm going out lit as fuck. Back in the bathroom.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20220929_231956_jpg-2544078.JPG

I can imagine the whole country will be participating. The spirit and patriotism here is amazing. Everyone is welcome! As an American I feel very welcomed here. Many love to practice their English skills, or quickly pull up a translator app to talk to you.

We just need to get through this madness first.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I wonder what the three other launches were shooting at because it sure wasn't the big flaming plane right in front of them. Looks like the pilots ejected in Russian territory.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Another video dropped from 1420. "Do you know that 20-50K of our soldiers have died already?" It's very interesting - make sure to watch until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YarNZ5YKNU

View Quote

I'm really looking forward to the day they run out of lies to tell themselves.

The guy that just got his draft notice took just a fraction of a second to consider the possibility and almost froze up. He will arrive at the front with a head full of shit and a heart full of hate. Because the other possibility is that he's going to die to save Putin the trouble of having to admit he was full of shit.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Obviously, the "confirmed" part is a big caveat, but the number of LTs KIA seems shockingly low to the general number of KIA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Yea, it comes from public Russian sources so it could be much higher.  Sort of like Oryx confirming kills only with photos of a unit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

The guy that just got his draft notice took just a fraction of a second to consider the possibility and almost froze up. He will arrive at the front with a head full of shit and a heart full of hate. Because the other possibility is that he's going to die to save Putin the trouble of having to admit he was full of shit.

View All Quotes
Another video dropped from 1420. "Do you know that 20-50K of our soldiers have died already?" It's very interesting - make sure to watch until the end.

Me too.

That one guy before the last interview confirmed what I had seen about them having to supply themselves.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
what caused that big ass hole in the ground?

Russian restraint.

Some more restraint is hitting us now. Looks like they found some more cruise missiles.

Keep your head down.

GD Ukrainians are awesome. Can you guys come here and run for offices when you get a chance after taking out the origin of evil of the past 100 years??

Dennis Prager always says now we live in an upside down world. Where now maybe the East (as in eastern europe) will save the west.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

GD Ukrainians are awesome. Can you guys come here and run for offices when you get a chance after taking out the origin of evil of the past 100 years??

Dennis Prager always says now we live in an upside down world. Where now maybe the East (as in eastern europe) will save the west.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
what caused that big ass hole in the ground?

Russian restraint.

Some more restraint is hitting us now. Looks like they found some more cruise missiles.

Keep your head down.

Someone needs to.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
If you were calling the shots....

How would you proceed now that the Russians in Lyman are encircled and their only "escape route" is covered by Ukraine assets from rifles to HIMARS?

It's YOUR call....

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By doc540:

How would you proceed now that the Russians in Lyman are encircled and their only "escape route" is covered by Ukraine assets from rifles to HIMARS?

It's YOUR call....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183309/patton1-2544269.jpg

View Quote
If enough man power is there I would take some and move on the nearest rail and major road to cut off the next towns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Article on how hard the Russians fought during kharkiv
https://www.npr.org/2022/09/29/1125278321/ukraine-offensive-russia-borshchova-kharkiv-oblast

I know the ukranians are masters of the information war but that m113 that struck the mine this morning and had the flowers next to makes me believe this war will truly go on for years.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]

It's YOUR call....

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]

It's YOUR call....

View Quote

Use drones to gather intel inside the pocket and hit every heavy weapon, transport and ammo stockpile I could find. Make sure they can't eat, sleep, or shoot. Then bypass but be ready for the eventual possibility of a suicidal breakout attempt.

I have no idea what resources they have to just stick a pin in them... It may also be that there's too many civilians in there to just starve them out. In which case, you intentionally leave a hole for them to squirt through, and then mash them flat when they try.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#17]
delete
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

How many years did we have to suffer through all the bullshit from Russian fan boys talking about their beloved S300 and S400 systems as if they were unstoppable? HARM was useless against them they said, because the launching aircraft would be shot down by the magnificent S300 and S400 long before they could even get within range to fire a HARM. And should the unthinkable actually happen and a launch aircraft managed to get inside the S300 envelope, then the HARM would be blown out of the sky by the SHORAD systems protecting the S300/400.

Funny how those guys have disappeared now that their unstoppable SAM systems are getting fucked up by early 1990s era AGM-88B HARM missiles and their supply depots and troop concentrations ravaged by HIMARS, which they also have zero capability to deal with. Russian systems and Russian operators aren't worth a cunt full of cow slobber. The only folks who can seem to get decent performance out of Russian air defense systems are the Ukrainians! That is likely because they are more intelligent and better capable to tweak and adapt to capitalize on the sgtrengths and minimize the weaknesses of these systems. I can't wait to see what kind of work they'll be able to do once they get their hands on NASAMS, Iris-T and eventually longer range systems such as Patriot or the Mamba/SAMP-T. The skies around Ukraine would likely look like the opening morning of bird season with all the shit falling out of the sky.
View Quote

@Primorski or whatever his name was
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#19]

It's YOUR call....

View Quote

Protection and liberation of the civilians is a very high priority.

I'd say lots of propaganda telling them it's time to surrender, thermals, snipers, and other precision instruments.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Holy fuck. That dude at the end looked like he was in literal pain, trying to square the circle of imagining why Ukraine would need to attack Russia, if Ukraine were in NATO, but Russia was a nuclear power.

Either he was on something, or the cognitive dissonance just had him shook that bad. WTF.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
So on the subject of air defense systems, now I’m curious which one was depicted in “Behind Enemy Lines” used by the Serbs to shoot down the F-18
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Well finally saw something posted on the attack in Dnipro a few hours ago (2nd in two days). There goes another residential area, and the маршрутки (minibuses).

This is how many people travel around the city as it is only 15 Hryvnia (35¢). Looks like the streetcars and Electric buses will be overwhelmed. Ooof people are gonna be pissed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Photographic:
So on the subject of air defense systems, now I’m curious which one was depicted in “Behind Enemy Lines” used by the Serbs to shoot down the F-18
View Quote

Sa-13 gopher
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:31:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#26]
Originally Posted By p3590:
How is this different from a seabag/duffle bag that western militaries would give a recruit?  I would assume, even with russian logistics, they'd get more combat suitable packs closer to the front (probably with parts of their previous owners).
View Quote

Firstly, it is a 150 year old design and is the sort of thing you give a peasant who  a) has nothing to put in it.  b) Wont be alive too long.

Secondly, no, they don't get something better.  This is what Russians used in WWII.

Lastly, it is the cheapest, absolutely stupidist idea to carry shit ever.  Unlike every other backpack ever made, including a five dollar walmart special a 3rd grader might use, the straps dont connect from bottom to top. You have to cinch it shut like a laundry bag, it basically is a laundry bag, and then use the bottom attaching only straps to wrap around the gooseneck.  

You cant get anything out of it quickly, like socks or whatever, it is flimsy and prone to failure.

Here's a video.

Soviet Veshmeshok Backpack How To Tie

Here is an example of those crack soldiers going up Bunker Hill, 250 years ago, and their basic knapsacks were a work of genius compared to this piece of garbage.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Photographic] [#27]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Sa-13 gopher
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Sa-13 gopher

Thanks!

It’s crazy the size difference between what’s considered to be short range vs long range. Damn s300/400 nearly as large as the targets they’re trying to take down

ETA: looks like they’re still getting use out of them. Went off to YT to check them out in action and had a video of one with Z marking allegedly taking down a drone
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I think it was a BUK or looked like one. Seems to me it’s capabilities were exaggerated or fictional.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Firstly, it is a 150 year old design and is the sort of thing you give a peasant who  a) has nothing to put in it.  b) Wont be alive too long.

Secondly, no, they don't get something better.  This is what Russians used in WWII.

Lastly, it is the cheapest, absolutely stupidist idea to carry shit ever.  Unlike every other backpack ever made, including a five dollar walmart special a 3rd grader might use, the straps dont connect from bottom to top. You have to cinch it shut like a laundry bag, it basically is a laundry bag, and then use the bottom attaching only straps to wrap around the gooseneck.  

You cant get anything out of it quickly, like socks or whatever, it is flimsy and prone to failure.

Here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1RH0aj0Tjg

Here is an example of a reproduction of those crack soldiers going up Bunker Hill, 350 years ago, and their basic knapsack were a work of genius compared to this piece of garbage.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/a5/7b/cfa57bb7bdfc4e3e49ef4961ccdbdb64.jpg
View All Quotes
How is this different from a seabag/duffle bag that western militaries would give a recruit?  I would assume, even with russian logistics, they'd get more combat suitable packs closer to the front (probably with parts of their previous owners).

Here's a video.

Here is an example of a reproduction of those crack soldiers going up Bunker Hill, 350 years ago, and their basic knapsack were a work of genius compared to this piece of garbage.

I had no idea that the shoulder straps is also what closes the bag.

That is one fucking retarded piece of gear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Biden is not capable of a decision.  His handlers will be in increasingly close watch to steer him away from any substantial decision, comment, or action.

It's time for Biden's resignation.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Here's a video.

Me either, I really appreciated CharlieR's review of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#33]

It's YOUR call....

View Quote

Push the front eastward, making any breakout attempt that much further away to be successful. They aren't getting resupplied, pick them off a bit at a time. They seem to be, for Russians, good fighters.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

That looks like this pup from this morning. The Telegram post said grandma, mom, 12y daughter, 8y son, and another dog were in the rubble.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-29_09-34-23_jpg-2544226.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Well it looks like the explosions that I just heard a few minutes back were more residential areas in Dnipro.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2022-09-30-01-31-12-565_com_i-2544208.JPG

The regular local account I follow magically disappeared from Instagram with over 5,000 posts. They have made several remarks about hackers attacking their page. Hope to see them back up.

That looks like this pup from this morning. The Telegram post said grandma, mom, 12y daughter, 8y son, and another dog were in the rubble.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-09-29_09-34-23_jpg-2544226.JPG

thank Biden voters
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

So it seems the earlier report about Russia delaying the official annexation were bullshit?

If so, things are about to get interesting. This would be the point of no return
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#36]

Use drones to gather intel inside the pocket and hit every heavy weapon, transport and ammo stockpile I could find. Make sure they can't eat, sleep, or shoot. Then bypass but be ready for the eventual possibility of a suicidal breakout attempt.

I have no idea what resources they have to just stick a pin in them... It may also be that there's too many civilians in there to just starve them out. In which case, you intentionally leave a hole for them to squirt through, and then mash them flat when they try.
View All Quotes

It's YOUR call....

No I’d leave enough there to encapsulate them, then use psyops to get a bunch to surrender with there equipment.

In spite of what we see in the west, we are not supplying enough for this war to go for the long term. Germany, Italy, and France are already shaky on supplies. The other countries are nearing the tap out point.

Moving to encircle or press the next defensive line along the highway, moving enough reserves up to soften the diehards in Lyman, maybe a week they will surrender, especially when they start to hear about units behind them getting pummeled.

Don’t get trapped in a positional battle yet. No time. Only 3-4 more weeks to make stuff happen. Lyman will fall but better to harvest that ammo and armor. Also POWs good, gets good guys back who are being tortured.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

So it seems the earlier report about Russia delaying the official annexation were bullshit?

If so, things are about to get interesting. This would be the point of no return
View All Quotes

Yea, that was the Kiev Independent that stated it was delayed, but ISW confirmed it was happening as planned and was not delayed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Holy fuck. That dude at the end looked like he was in literal pain, trying to square the circle of imagining why Ukraine would need to attack Russia, if Ukraine were in NATO, but Russia was a nuclear power.

Either he was on something, or the cognitive dissonance just had him shook that bad. WTF.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

He vapor locked HARD.  The chances of him taking the blinders off are a million to one.  He'll get drunk, huff some copium from Pravda, and be right back at it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Going back to the pipelines...

I read German news websites, and particularly like Cicero as it's unbiased and just good journalism. They had an interesting article about why the Russians are the likely culprit: https://www.cicero.de/aussenpolitik/nord-stream-pipeline-sabotage-russland-explosion-erdgas . You guys can shove it through Google Translate if you want. Here are the salient points:
  • Nordstream 1 and 2 actually consists of PAIRS of pipes.
  • Nordstream 1 has only ONE damaged pipe, so they could resume delivery through the other one. Nordstream 2, of course, was never in use.
  • They can show the West that they're serious
  • They can create economic panic
  • Turn European public opinion against the war
  • Implicitly threaten similar pipelines that are used to circumvent Russian supplies.
The fact that one pipeline is still open for Russian is a gamechanger in the argument that it couldn't have been the Russians IMO.
View Quote

Nord2 was in use.  It's just that it was undergoing certification process and it was nearly complete.  The final stage was the German's giving certification which is one-word term for moving into production.

As part of the certification process, they are pumping gas and checking for leaks, mechanical, and other issues.  This includes testing at full pressure.  Do you think the Germans would turn that gas received in the certification process and send it back down the 2nd pipe?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#40]

I like you in this thread, but in soccer you must realize that you are my archenemy (Germany). Next week, my wife and I are going to Bonaire which also belongs to your country. I promise to try very hard not to scoff anytime I hear someone speak that horrible, guttural Dutch language which sounds like German spoken by someone with brain damage.
View Quote

I am trying to get to Bonaire in January to go diving.  Never been, trying to find cheap flights and a place to stay.  Hear wonderful things!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

We discussed this a few days ago and I think cw was this had a lot to do with it.  My gut says this is a big part.  They’ve been told to damn the torpedoes and get on with it; things are that bad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Could be higher ups demanding more results and aggressive attacks.

We discussed this a few days ago and I think cw was this had a lot to do with it.  My gut says this is a big part.  They’ve been told to damn the torpedoes and get on with it; things are that bad.

I think the performance of the Russian Air Force is one of the most interesting mysteries of the war.  So far as we can tell, it basically disappeared for large swaths of the war.  Why?  Now that it has become more active it appears to be suffering significant and verifiable losses.
Issues that I can come up with:
Spare parts shortage:
Pilot shortage/pilot morale.  The issue of Wagner pilots is an interesting unanswered question.  They appear to be of very questionable quality, so what made it necessary to hire merc pilots?  Is the pilot shortage really that bad?  
Ground crew shortage and/or incompetence
Consumables shortage (i.e. flares/chaff)
PGM shortage leading to unacceptable loss rates
Inadequate air/ground communications/tactics causing red on red issues
Successful (but unknown) Ukrainian tactics/capabilities.  The series of separately released videos last week where two SUs and a KA were shot down may be related.  I strongly suspect that such shootdowns are not random defensive action but deliberate flak traps.  The best proof of that is probably the video from several months ago where three Russian helis were shot down   But the UA appears to edit/break up most such videos to prevent anyone getting a really good idea of what happened beyond confirmation of a shootdown, which is absolutely the right thing to do.  NASMS and IRIS-T are likely to bring a new level of pain to the Russian AF.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

No I’d l ave enough there to capsular them, then use psyops to get a bunch to surrender with there equipment.

In spite of what we see in the west, we are not supplying enough for this war to go for the long term. Germany, Italy, and France are already shaky on supplies. The other countries are nearing the tap out point.

Moving to encircle or press the next defensive line along the highway, moving enough reserves up to soften the diehards in Lyman, maybe a week they will surrender, especially when they start to hear about units behind them getting pummeled.

Don’t get trapped in a positional battle yet. No time. Only 3-4 more weeks to make stuff happen. Lyman will fall but better to harvest that ammo and armor. Also POWs good, gets good guys back who are being tortured.
View Quote

Excellent

expand on that surrender part, please

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

They declared them to be independent, not part of Russia
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Pretty good. More awareness than I expected, but accompanied by resignation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#45]

I can imagine the whole country will be participating. The spirit and patriotism here is amazing. Everyone is welcome! As an American I feel very welcomed here. Many love to practice their English skills, or quickly pull up a translator app to talk to you.

View All Quotes

I’ll be in Romania in a couple weeks, you think I can get some of that vodka there?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

How many years did we have to suffer through all the bullshit from Russian fan boys talking about their beloved S300 and S400 systems as if they were unstoppable? HARM was useless against them they said, because the launching aircraft would be shot down by the magnificent S300 and S400 long before they could even get within range to fire a HARM. And should the unthinkable actually happen and a launch aircraft managed to get inside the S300 envelope, then the HARM would be blown out of the sky by the SHORAD systems protecting the S300/400.

Funny how those guys have disappeared now that their unstoppable SAM systems are getting fucked up by early 1990s era AGM-88B HARM missiles and their supply depots and troop concentrations ravaged by HIMARS, which they also have zero capability to deal with. Russian systems and Russian operators aren't worth a cunt full of cow slobber. The only folks who can seem to get decent performance out of Russian air defense systems are the Ukrainians! That is likely because they are more intelligent and better capable to tweak and adapt to capitalize on the sgtrengths and minimize the weaknesses of these systems. I can't wait to see what kind of work they'll be able to do once they get their hands on NASAMS, Iris-T and eventually longer range systems such as Patriot or the Mamba/SAMP-T. The skies around Ukraine would likely look like the opening morning of bird season with all the shit falling out of the sky.
View Quote

It cracks me up.
That HARM that was found was from 1991.
Do you know how far back that was?
Top songs from 1991 (Oddly enough, no grunge was on this list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1991

• "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You"Bryan Adams
    2"I Wanna Sex You Up"Color Me Badd
    3"Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)"C+C Music Factory
    4"Rush Rush"Paula Abdul
    5"One More Try"Timmy T
    6"Unbelievable"EMF
    7"More Than Words"Extreme
    8"I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)"Hi-Five
    9"The First Time"Surface
    10"Baby Baby"Amy Grant
    11"Motownphilly"Boyz II Men
    12"Because I Love You (The Postman Song)"Stevie B
    13"Someday"Mariah Carey
    14"High Enough"Damn Yankees
    15"From a Distance"Bette Midler
    16"All the Man That I Need"Whitney Houston
    17"Right Here, Right Now"Jesus Jones
    18"I Adore Mi Amor"Color Me Badd
    19"Love Will Never Do (Without You)"Janet Jackson
    20"Good Vibrations"Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch featuring Loleatta Holloway
    21"Justify My Love"Madonna
    22"Emotions"Mariah Carey
    23"Joyride"Roxette
    24"Romantic"Karyn White
    25"Hold You Tight"Tara Kemp
    26"I Don't Wanna Cry"Mariah Carey
    27"You're in Love"Wilson Phillips
    28"Every Heartbeat"Amy Grant
    29"Sensitivity"Ralph Tresvant
    30"Touch Me (All Night Long)"Cathy Dennis
    31"I've Been Thinking About You"Londonbeat
    32"Do Anything"Natural Selection
    33"Losing My Religion"R.E.M.
    34"Coming Out of the Dark"Gloria Estefan
    35"It Ain't Over 'til It's Over"Lenny Kravitz
    36"Here We Go"C+C Music Factory
    37"Where Does My Heart Beat Now"Celine Dion
    38"Summertime"DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince (Will Smith was still The Fresh Prince back then)
    39"Wind of Change"Scorpions
    40"P.A.S.S.I.O.N."Rythm Syndicate
    41"The Promise of a New Day"Paula Abdul
    42"I'm Your Baby Tonight"Whitney Houston
    43"Love of a Lifetime"FireHouse
    44"Fading Like a Flower (Every Time You Leave)"Roxette
    45"This House"Tracie Spencer
    46"Hole Hearted"Extreme
    47"Power of Love/Love Power"Luther Vandross
    48"Impulsive"Wilson Phillips
    49"Love Is a Wonderful Thing"Michael Bolton
    50"Rhythm of My Heart"Rod Stewart
    51"Things That Make You Go Hmmm..."C+C Music Factory
    52"I Touch Myself"Divinyls
    53"Tom's Diner"DNA featuring Suzanne Vega
    54"Iesha"Another Bad Creation
    55"Something to Talk About"Bonnie Raitt
    56"After the Rain"Nelson
    57"Play That Funky Music"Vanilla Ice
    58"Temptation"Corina
    59"Can't Stop This Thing We Started"Bryan Adams
    60"I Can't Wait Another Minute"Hi-Five
    61"3 a.m. Eternal"The KLF
    62"Time, Love and Tenderness"Michael Bolton
    63"Sadeness (Part I)"Enigma
    64"Around the Way Girl"LL Cool J
    65"I'll Be There"The Escape Club
    66"Cream"Prince and The New Power Generation
    67"Now That We Found Love"Heavy D & the Boyz
    68"Show Me the Way"Styx
    69"Love Takes Time"Mariah Carey
    70"Cry for Help"Rick Astley
    71"The Way You Do the Things You Do"UB40
    72"Here I Am (Come and Take Me)"UB40
    73"Signs"Tesla
    74"Too Many Walls"Cathy Dennis
    75"Crazy"Seal
    76"I'll Give All My Love to You"Keith Sweat
    77"Place in this World"Michael W. Smith
    78"Something to Believe In"Poison
    79"Wicked Game"Chris Isaak
    80"Get Here"Oleta Adams
    81"Round and Round"Tevin Campbell
    82"Silent Lucidity"Queensrÿche
    83"I'm Not in Love"Will to Power
    84"Piece of My Heart"Tara Kemp
    85"Real Real Real"Jesus Jones
    86"Everybody Plays the Fool"Aaron Neville
    87"Just Another Dream"Cathy Dennis
    88"Strike It Up"Black Box
    89"Rico Suave"Gerardo
    90"Disappear"INXS
    91"Groove Is in the Heart"Deee-Lite
    92"All This Time"Sting
    93"The One and Only"Chesney Hawkes
    94"O.P.P."Naughty by Nature
    95"Freedom! '90"George Michael
    96"I Saw Red"Warrant
    97"Miles Away"Winger
    98"Do You Want Me"Salt-n-Pepa
    99"The Motown Song"Rod Stewart
    100"Shiny Happy People"R.E.M.tem 1

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#47]

I think the performance of the Russian Air Force is one of the most interesting mysteries of the war.  So far as we can tell, it basically disappeared for large swaths of the war.  Why?  Now that it has become more active it appears to be suffering significant and verifiable losses.
Spare parts shortage:
Pilot shortage/pilot morale.  The issue of Wagner pilots is an interesting unanswered question.  They appear to be of very questionable quality, so what made it necessary to hire merc pilots?  Is the pilot shortage really that bad?  
Successful (but unknown) Ukrainian tactics/capabilities.  The series of separately released videos last week where two SUs and a KA were shot down may be related.  I strongly suspect that such shootdowns are not random defensive action but deliberate flak traps.  The best proof of that is probably the video from several months ago where three Russian helis were shot down   But the UA appears to edit/break up most such videos to prevent anyone getting a really good idea of what happened beyond confirmation of a shootdown, which is absolutely the right thing to do.  NASMS and IRIS-T are likely to bring a new level of pain to the Russian AF.
View All Quotes

Could be higher ups demanding more results and aggressive attacks.

Spare parts shortage:

Aviation assets are really important.

For most of this war, it made sense for Russia to hold them back instead of taking a bunch of losses using supersonic aircraft in low altitude strikes with unguided munitions.

The people calling the shots are clearly getting desperate, and they've decided to accept those risk/losses.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#48]

It's YOUR call....

View Quote

Am I the Ukrainians?

Bypass Lyman, stab east hard, let follow on units pour in and deal with the Russkies in Lyman. Let them surrender.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

That might work OK as long as you can keep the jamming outside of the frequencies your own forces are using. With both sides using COTS drones, that will be problematic.
View Quote

Late getting back to the thread.  Not an engineer but was an Electronics Warfare Office 40 some years ago.  I had several questions about that and, of course, current states of the arts.  Including potential for self-interference and the concern that "transmissions" can be followed to their source.  I'm wondering about "passive" or "autonomous" drones.  Unless "GPS" and it's counterparts is all jammed or secured, etc.,  one could fly to a pretty precise point.  No clue how that might work with artificial intelligence and turning on a camera when you get "close."  A cluster of "drones" could soak up a lot of air defense resources even if they do little or no damage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Great video as usual from 1420.  Lots of good anecdotal information there.
There are still decent people there who know what’s up.  Problem is getting them to act to save themselves and their nation.
As usual, we see the main problem with pro-war Russian opinion - it’s intellectual garbage.  Its not even that it’s bigoted, it’s just garbage.  The guy in the gray jacket pretty much epitomizes the rolling non-sequitor of political justification for the war.  You could string together random words and phrases and have an equally cogent argument.  At least in this one, the interviewer doesn’t let the dude off easy.  Extremely obvious questions raise insoluble problems with the guy’s take on the war.  And he knew it too.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2652 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top