Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2720 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]

This is a message.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alphascout:

This very well may have been pre negotiated via the hotlines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Squatch:

Can't believe the Russians just drove up there with a fully functional BMP and surrendered.  No (apparent) effort to spike the cannon or otherwise disable the vehicle before turning it over.

That may be true, but it completely flies in the face of the values of the West, doesn't it?

Never surrender while you have the means to resist.  Never take part in something that may injure my comrades.  Etc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:02:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#3]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeTbUczWYAAfb7J?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

This is ominous, but not unexpected.  

We have seen the failures of the mobilization, but there are probably some parts of it which are not total disasters.  

Besides their frantic reaction to the UA offensives, the Orcs must have done at least minimal logistical planning to support all the Mobiks who will very soon arrive in DonBass and the south.

I just hope all those supplies get HIMARed very quickly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I'm currently reading this thread at Pantscon 5
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeSz1u8XkAIf8Wn?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeSz1u8XgAEbFnl?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeSz1u9XoAArP09?format=jpg&name=large

What is interesting is the report that Ukriane has some capability to shoot down Iksander missiles with what Ukraine has now for air defence.

Sounds like @m35ben has a chance after all.

lol, Ben gets his won Patriot battery in his backyard, he's always one PANTSCON level above where the rest of us are.

I'm currently reading this thread at Pantscon 5

I'm at Pantscon 1. Though I''m sure the folks at the grocery store were awfully thankful!

The Shawarma comments earlier made me hungry so I went and bought stuff for Phillie cheese steak sandwiches tonight.

Can't wait to eat dinner and read about the UA destroying the remnants of the orcs corrupted soul.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Can't believe the Russians just drove up there with a fully functional BMP and surrendered.  No (apparent) effort to spike the cannon or otherwise disable the vehicle before turning it over.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

I don't think these guys care anymore and the BMP could be the price for a better treatment.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#6]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

This is a message.

View Quote

I mean, I get the sentiment considering our ties, but Russia put hit squads in Kyiv trying to assassinate and decapitate the government. They had kill lists of regular citizens and civil servants for areas they were trying to occupy. She and her father were legitimate targets, and it isn't remotely a "stoop to their level situation" IMO.

ETA  Also, if we wanted to send a message it could have, and should have, been done privately or in back channels. Instead they leaked it to NYT and handed Russia a solid piece of propaganda. Smells more like a butthurt underling leaked it  or something.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]

This is a message.

View Quote

Good, now maybe they will get her father. Much damage done and lives lost by the Kremlin lies they and those like them spread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]
More than 50 fresh burials with civilians were found in the liberated Estuary (PHOTOS)
https://hromadske.ua/posts/u-zvilnenomu-limani-znajshli-ponad-svizhih-50-pohovan-iz-civilnimi-foto

More than 50 graves with civilians were found in the recently liberated Lyman of the Donetsk region.
This was reported by our correspondent from the scene.
the Russians pulled out trenches and forced people they suspected of collaborating with the Ukrainian military to collect the bodies of the dead for reburial.
The guy, who was also detained and forced by the occupants to bury, told us that not all buried people were identified. Their bodies could lie on the streets for a long time. Also, those killed by shelling were sometimes buried by their neighbors.
The invaders did not take the bodies of their military. So, russians lived in one of the houses and organized a medical center there. When they retreated, they took the wounded, and left the dead.

More than 50 people are buried in this cemetery. Some burials are marked with nameplates, but there are only numbered ones.

"Tortured, in shackles." Civilians killed by Russian special forces were found at a recreation center in the Kharkiv region

This was reported by the Kharkiv Regional Prosecutor's Office and the National Police of Kharkiv region.
The bodies of men aged about 30-35 years were found during an inspection of the Svet Shakhtera recreation center in the village of Novoplatonivka, Borivska AH.
The dead were dressed in civilian clothes. The bodies were found in a sand pit measuring 2.5x2.5 meters and a depth of 4 meters.

Mummified bodies of the dead were found in Kharkiv region - police
https://hromadske.ua/posts/na-harkivshini-znajshli-mumifikovani-tila-zagiblih-policiya

Law enforcement officers found the mummified bodies of two men in the village of Kamyanka, Izyum district, Kharkiv region.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Good, now maybe they will get her father. Much damage done and lives lost by the Kremlin lies they and those like them spread.
View All Quotes

This is a message.

I’m with it. Dugin and all his ilk are the head of the snake.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

I don't think these guys care anymore and the BMP could be the price for a better treatment.

View All Quotes

If I was a surrendering Russian.... I would agree to sell that for my men and I surrendering to get money or better treatment. I understand many aren't even getting paid as promised. I saw a few stories of equipment being sold to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Squatch] [#11]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

If I was a surrendering Russian.... I would agree to sell that for my men and I surrendering to get money or better treatment. I understand many aren't even getting paid as promised. I saw a few stories of equipment being sold to Ukraine.
View All Quotes

I can understand why they're doing it, but it just seems so foreign to me.

"I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy..."
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

This is a message.

Yep.

For those who dont know what Dugin looks like:

And he is promoted (has been for many years) by bullshit artist Alex Jones. Jones has been the number one conduit of Russian propaganda to gullible conservatives for 15 years. The damage done can be seen throughout ARFCOM and in the early pages of this thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

We're dealing with forced conscription. As a US soldier we were treated worlds better.  I can't imagine how horrible it must be to be on their "team". They really are deprived of the basics: food, gear, pay, and an attitude to keep them alive and in the fight. Someone on the surrender phone lined promised them food, a call home, probably somewhere better to sleep, and maybe money. They aren't even fighting on their home turf. Reality set in at some point.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

That’s some old school shit.

I to am a man of culture. FPS Doug on PURE PWNAGE. I like how they just stopped making that show :(
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Russian gamer lacks respawn.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/Screenshot_20221005-173650-2551455.png

"I'm thinking of joining the army, it's basicly the same as FPS, only better graphics.

But what if I lag!? I'm DEAD!

I also heard that there are no respawn points in RL."

That’s some old school shit.

I to am a man of culture. FPS Doug on PURE PWNAGE. I like how they just stopped making that show :(

My best friend and I still joke about no respawn points in RL when doing stupid shit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Scratch45:
Ghost of Kiev page.
View Quote
Swing!... and a miss.

Can we stop this ghost page silliness, now?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Yep.

https://katehon.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/alex_jones_dugin.png

https://www.totalitarismo.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/dugin-jones-768x430.jpg

And he is promoted (has been for many years) by bullshit artist Alex Jones. Jones has been the number one conduit of Russian propaganda to gullible conservatives for 15 years. The damage done can be seen throughout ARFCOM and in the early pages of this thread.
View All Quotes

This is a message.

Yep.

https://katehon.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/alex_jones_dugin.png

https://www.totalitarismo.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/dugin-jones-768x430.jpg

Interestingly I have never listen him, instead I formed my opinions based on getting most of my info from various intel briefs provided to communities of interests I was a member for the last several decade of so.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]

LOL
View Quote

I, BigGrumpyBear, do hereby decree that Sochi belongs to me!

Cue the That's not how any of this works meme!  LOL!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By warp_foo:
Swing!... and a miss.

View All Quotes
Ghost of Kiev page.
Swing!... and a miss.

I think you're missing the technical difficulties happening on this thread. It happens to a lot of very long threads here, the next page appears but there's nothing on it until someone posts again, hence the "ghost page" post on every new page to get previous posts to appear.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

I mean, I get the sentiment considering our ties, but Russia put hit squads in Kyiv trying to assassinate and decapitate the government. They had kill lists of regular citizens and civil servants for areas they were trying to occupy. She and her father were legitimate targets, and it isn't remotely a "stoop to their level situation" IMO.

ETA  Also, if we wanted to send a message it could have, and should have, been done privately or in back channels. Instead they leaked it to NYT and handed Russia a solid piece of propaganda. Smells more like a butthurt underling leaked it  or something.

View All Quotes

This is a message.

All correct so fuck them...

Hope the cloak and dagger wins the day someday.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#24]
OK, caught up from the morning -thank you all - and I got nothing substantive to add besides this:

Excellent, simple Ukrainian galushki recipe. Think of it as gnocchi with bacon.  Simple, tasty, very few ingredients.  Basically flour+water, bacon, onion, mushrooms, that's it. This recipe is from a Ukrainian/American woman. I found this recipe 5/6 years ago and it's great.  Maybe not healthy, but you can make dinner for four with $8 worth of ingredients in 45 minutes, and it's delicious. @zam18th and someone else asked about it.

Printable recipe:

https://momsdish.com/wprm_print/5508

Full web page w/pics:
https://momsdish.com/recipe/617/ukrainian-dumplings-aka-galushki#jump-to-recipe

This is the book where I read about it; the author and his comrades had a very powerful moment when a Ukrainian village made it for them as a thank-you after some very bad times.  A very interesting book on a Far East citizen's experiences in WWII.  Very well-reviewed book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42652.Red_Road_From_Stalingrad

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Ironic the left hates Vlad and Russia, but they're the end stage of what they're going for....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

LOL

Ironic the left hates Vlad and Russia, but they're the end stage of what they're going for....

That's because no-one else has gotten it right, they'll get it right! Trust them bro! Please!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

They seem to leave large amounts of stuff intact and I've seen few boobytraps. The boobytraps I have seen seemed to have been perimeter security attempts or stupid stuff like a grenade in a cup that might kill some kid. The Ukrainians also seem to go through all the arms left behind without looking for boobytraps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

That might not the first AFU they encountered; the Ukrainians could have an OP out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#28]

LOL.  That's not how any of this works.

Trump knew who the enemy was, but you'd have to read those govt. websites to see the other side.
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/686169529/trump-unveils-ambitious-missile-defense-plans

Yeah but Trump's son got millions from the wife of the Mayor of Moscow for some scandalous pro-Putin shit. Oh wait, that was Biden's son Hunter, never mind...

https://www.defensenews.com/resizer/Q__8ANmILnp3bTwc_KpsLLX2ZjI=/1024x0/filters:format(jpg):quality(70)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/archetype/3IQLVGAWYZCNJAFNTSOIN4WG2M.jpg

https://foreignpolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/GettyImages-1233483208.jpg?w=800&h=546&quality=90
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought this was funny.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#30]

https://www.reddit.com/r/TankPorn/comments/xvspzn/incredible_footage_of_a_russian_bmp2_conducting_a/

Longer video, it seems they got away.

Second round dodged at 1:50

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Oof.

Watched in slo mo...came to the conclusion it probably looks like Hormel chili inside that BMP

Engine compartement got hit and the driver was able to drive away.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TankPorn/comments/xvspzn/incredible_footage_of_a_russian_bmp2_conducting_a/

Longer video, it seems they got away.

Second round dodged at 1:50

wasn't there a second video that showed that the tank was destroyed with the turret popped off?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Squatch] [#31]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

View Quote

As a Sudetendeutscher, I too find this funny.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

That's what I was thinking. Don't they pay you if you surrender a vehicle? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Could be wrong though, memory isn't what it was.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Fuckin' el. Someone cutting onions?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I think you're missing the technical difficulties happening on this thread. It happens to a lot of very long threads here, the next page appears but there's nothing on it until someone posts again, hence the "ghost page" post on every new page to get previous posts to appear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Ghost of Kiev page.
Swing!... and a miss.

The only way to stop it is to lock this thread and start a new one.  The ghost pages happen on threads of only a couple hundred pages.  This thread has thousands.  it is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View Quote

There is a long list of actual actions that showed Trump's excellent foreign policy. Mentioned a few times here are providing weapons to Ukraine and opposition to nordstream 2, but also things like returning to the missile defense shield, approving F-35 sales to Poland, killing Russians in Syria.

Is Biden still relying on Russia to negotiate a new Iran Deal for us? The list expands greatly when you include the actions towards proxies.

And related is the peace deals between the Gulf states and Israel. Of course, Obama gets some credit for this, not because of his intent but the unintended result of his Iran Deal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:09:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#37]

That's what I was thinking. Don't they pay you if you surrender a vehicle? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Could be wrong though, memory isn't what it was.
View All Quotes

I agree.  "Drive up and surrender your vehicle and arms in working order and we'll give you hot food, clean water, warm clothes, a sleeping bag and an actual working toilet to crap in."  

Compared to being killed inside the vehicle or blown up by a drone sounds like a pretty good deal.  

ETA: A good deal if you're some conscript pulled off the streets and given almost no training.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

This is a message.

Considering the NYT has a long history fo supporting the Soviet Union and Russia, it's the perfect place for a sympathetic underling to go with his intel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Catching up, but LMAO!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Beerstream pipeline FTW!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#41]
Originally Posted By Jack67:
OK, caught up from the morning -thank you all - and I got nothing substantive to add besides this:

Excellent, simple Ukrainian galushki recipe. Think of it as gnocchi with bacon.  Simple, tasty, very few ingredients.  Basically flour+water, bacon, onion, mushrooms, that's it. This recipe is from a Ukrainian/American woman. I found this recipe 5/6 years ago and it's great.  Maybe not healthy, but you can make dinner for four with $8 worth of ingredients in 45 minutes, and it's delicious.

Printable recipe:

https://momsdish.com/wprm_print/5508

Full web page w/pics:
https://momsdish.com/recipe/617/ukrainian-dumplings-aka-galushki#jump-to-recipe

This is the book where I read about it; the author and his comrades had a very powerful moment when a Ukrainian village made it for them as a thank-you after some very bad times.  A very interesting book on a Far East citizen's experiences in WWII.  Very well-reviewed book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42652.Red_Road_From_Stalingrad

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/red_road_jpg-2551708.JPG

View Quote

Thanks, my baba never made this (she made Halushki) but I'm going to try it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kncook:

If Belarus attacks I can see Poland going into Belarus. Remember .it's not Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Ukrainian Forces Prepare For Potential Attack By Belarus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ZcWvE_jYI

If Belarus attacks I can see Poland going into Belarus. Remember .it's not Russia.

Belarus could trigger CTOS Article 4 if that happened. However, Armenia did that on Sept 13th with the renewed fighting with Azerbaijan and nothing has happened. The biggest issue would probably be Poland accidentally conquering Russia when they don't meet much resistance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like the Russians were treated well.
View All Quotes

Looks like the Russians were treated well.

And they most likely will live to see the sun set and rise.  Many other orcs will not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

This is weird. When I play embedded videos here it looks like scrambled porn from the 90s. When I play it from the link, or through the app, it works fine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168422/Screenshot_20221004-205647_Brave_jpg-2550978.JPG
Wtf
View Quote

@loBrau
it use to do that at work on pc, now it just gives the must sign in to watch thingy. Has something to do with the video's rating.
I can't sign in to youtube at work, so I have to switch to my phones to view.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#45]

"I'm thinking of joining the army, it's basicly the same as FPS, only better graphics.

View All Quotes
Russian gamer lacks respawn.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/Screenshot_20221005-173650-2551455.png

Respawn point is hell.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#46]

As a Sudetendeutscher, I too find this funny.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

They're kicking the shit out of those HMMWVs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2720 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top