Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2721 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:35:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Squatch:

They're kicking the shit out of those HMMWVs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

They're kicking the shit out of those HMMWVs.
Just some good 'ole boys
Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law Soviet Union
Since the day they was born

Staightenin' the curves
Flatenin' the hills
Someday the mountain might get 'em
But the law Grads never will

Makin' their way
The only way they know how
That's just a little bit more
Than the law Soviet Union will allow

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Firms 2hrs ago.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#4]

The Baltic states stand with Czechia.

Poland quickly announces expansion of "the most ambitious geopolitical project Europe has ever seen"
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Belarus could trigger CTOS Article 4 if that happened. However, Armenia did that on Sept 13th with the renewed fighting with Azerbaijan and nothing has happened. The biggest issue would probably be Poland accidentally conquering Russia when they don't meet much resistance.
View Quote

Love it
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

We're dealing with forced conscription. As a US soldier we were treated worlds better.  I can't imagine how horrible it must be to be on their "team". They really are deprived of the basics: food, gear, pay, and an attitude to keep them alive and in the fight. Someone on the surrender phone lined promised them food, a call home, probably somewhere better to sleep, and maybe money. They aren't even fighting on their home turf. Reality set in at some point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Can't believe the Russians just drove up there with a fully functional BMP and surrendered.  No (apparent) effort to spike the cannon or otherwise disable the vehicle before turning it over.

I don't think these guys care anymore and the BMP could be the price for a better treatment.

If I was a surrendering Russian.... I would agree to sell that for my men and I surrendering to get money or better treatment. I understand many aren't even getting paid as promised. I saw a few stories of equipment being sold to Ukraine.

I can understand why they're doing it, but it just seems so foreign to me.

"I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy..."

We're dealing with forced conscription. As a US soldier we were treated worlds better.  I can't imagine how horrible it must be to be on their "team". They really are deprived of the basics: food, gear, pay, and an attitude to keep them alive and in the fight. Someone on the surrender phone lined promised them food, a call home, probably somewhere better to sleep, and maybe money. They aren't even fighting on their home turf. Reality set in at some point.

For the most part, US Servicemembers serve (or in my case, served (retired now)) because of commitment to our Country.  We are rightfully proud of our Country, and therefore volunteered and committed. While we may see some fake news and political BS, we see either info to separate it from the truth unlike russian propaganda.  It is apples to oranges to compare US Servicemembers to conscripted orcs who were force-fed propaganda their whole existence then thrown into fight and die in their masters' illegitimate battle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Thats an old shitty looking tank. I'd probably shit myself though if it was trying to kill me. T62?
View All Quotes

It looks like a very beat up T-64BV obr 2017
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DonS:

Trump provided Ukraine with weapons which Obama didn't, put missile defense back into Eastern Europe (Obama pulled it out), and strongly opposed Nord Stream 2 (Biden undid his Nord Stream sanctions). There is a solid record, and Trump was much harder on Putin than Obama and Biden. It isn't even close, and I've only touched the surface.

Trump treating Putin with respect was just good diplomacy. Biden nearly groveled to Putin.
View Quote

All very true. I think Trump (like me) assumed that Russia can be welcomed back into polite society and be a partner rather than an enemy. This turned out to be wrong on Feb 24th but I dont blame Trump for being polite with Putin and stroking his ego, like he did with Kim in N. Korea.

Many idiots on the left find a way to reconcile their belief that Trump was pro-Putin with the fact Trump was demanding that NATO pump up their contributions and stop their dependency on Russian oil and gas.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Ironic the left hates Vlad and Russia, but they're the end stage of what they're going for....
View Quote

No my friend. America is where communism will succeed. EVERYWHERE else, it was implemented wrong by idiots.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote
Madness.

Somewhere someone is saying "I'm not fixing that"

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Pretty cool. And ballsy for everyone involved.

I wish every RU soldier could find some clean white sheets in the same way.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Agreed and that had to be an adrenaline pumped clenched cheek moment right there
View Quote

You know it!! If it was a feint or someone changed their mind and that 30mm opened up, they would be in trouble. I didnt see any AT gear and may have been too close to work. Very glad it worked out well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Houlagan72:

100% agreed!
It amazes me, how many people think we're just sending pallets of cash over there to be used however.
Where, as you said, much of it is being used likes this.
View Quote

I like the idea of sending our older stuff over and replacing with new while keeping our production lines open and institutional knowledge fresh.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

I mean, I get the sentiment considering our ties, but Russia put hit squads in Kyiv trying to assassinate and decapitate the government. They had kill lists of regular citizens and civil servants for areas they were trying to occupy. She and her father were legitimate targets, and it isn't remotely a "stoop to their level situation" IMO.

ETA  Also, if we wanted to send a message it could have, and should have, been done privately or in back channels. Instead they leaked it to NYT and handed Russia a solid piece of propaganda. Smells more like a butthurt underling leaked it  or something.

View Quote

Our "permanent government" is very passive-aggressive and communicates through leaks and backstabbing news articles. The NYT may have been thrown this bone in exchange for censoring something else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]
UA mech troops passing trophy T-62s in the Kherson region

Telegram Video

"The trophy T62 is like a "suitcase" without a handle: it's a shame to throw it away and there's little point."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-10-05_11-58-46_jpg-2551583.JPG

View Quote

Fadedsun and M35ben will buy them!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Our "permanent government" is very passive-aggressive and communicates through leaks and backstabbing news articles. The NYT may have been thrown this bone in exchange for censoring something else.
View Quote

"Anonymous Sources" at the NYT is about as credible as a wad of paper towel on the back of a gas station toilet.
Probably wouldn't wipe with it...
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#20]
Who many Russians will freeze to death or be rendered combat ineffective due to frost bite this Winter?

How many thousands and thousands of Russians died due to total lack of basic first aid training, lack of IFAKs, and terrible or nonexistent CASEVAC or MEDEVAC?  

Things are going to get medieval in the occupied areas this Winter. Whatever food and alcohol existed have all long since been looted.  

Ukraine should start an aggressive campaign to drop leaflets into Russian held territory inviting them to surrender and telling them how to do so.   I think that Ukraine could turn this into a Gulf War scenario where literally tens of thousands of Russians just surrender this winter.  I have seen the Ukrainians going pretty hard and some of the intercepted phone calls we've heard make me think that a lot of Russians don't think they have surrender as an option, which isn't great as it means there is probably resistance that otherwise wouldn't exist.  I get that there is a lot of hate and no love lost between the two sides, but a win is a win and if the Russians would just give up it would save Ukrainian lives.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
"What the hell do we do with this?"

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroE:

The biggest issue would probably be Poland accidentally conquering Russia .
"What the hell do we do with this?"

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#24]
(Pucker factor 1000)

"The battle through the eyes of our defender: while the battle continued in the forest, the brothers stormed the village from the other side. It's good that everyone survived"

Telegram Video
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

In for 250, thanks for all you are doing!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Dudes- all awesome!!!! we make it so my 500 is in, the pile grows and have not even hit the whole sale warehouse yet.

We’re making a list big donations above 1000$ get some battlefield memorable. Patches for sure flags (big donors get flag) I’m not sure which side but probably Ukrainian. Might get a few capture flags when grandma or Akula comes we’ll see.

Usinua.org

In for 250, thanks for all you are doing!

Awesome thanks this is awesome we might kit out a company the way this is going. Need some bolt head stickers for unit patches
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:24:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]
Lol, beat.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

If someone could charm Nance into a Standartenfuhrer-SS uniform could make a hell of a meme out of it. Lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

My god. Yep, that's pretty much it. Russians have to fight to save their culture from those guys.

That kind of stuff sounds ridiculous until I hear the average russian repeating it word for word in dead seriousness. Then it's not funny anymore. Then it's scary.

If someone could charm Nance into a Standartenfuhrer-SS uniform could make a hell of a meme out of it. Lol

I’ve been toying with the schokolade cans, a black U.S. International legion member, Mauser k98, and clueless CNN interview before winter offensive just to get a Pravda response in Russia. But your ruining my reverse propaganda planning
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Damn that looks awesome. I'd have to change the radio station though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/9F915595-E326-4C93-AFD8-A962D6883DB4-2551743.jpg
The Baltic states stand with Czechia.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18486/9F85DD96-1BF9-4A51-8765-D5DC01BD887D-2551744.jpg
Poland quickly announces expansion of "the most ambitious geopolitical project Europe has ever seen"
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Yep.

For those who dont know what Dugin looks like:

https://katehon.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/alex_jones_dugin.png

https://www.totalitarismo.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/dugin-jones-768x430.jpg

And he is promoted (has been for many years) by bullshit artist Alex Jones. Jones has been the number one conduit of Russian propaganda to gullible conservatives for 15 years. The damage done can be seen throughout ARFCOM and in the early pages of this thread.
View Quote

Is Dugin the big, fat slob on the left?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Yep.

For those who dont know what Dugin looks like:

https://katehon.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/alex_jones_dugin.png

https://www.totalitarismo.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/dugin-jones-768x430.jpg

And he is promoted (has been for many years) by bullshit artist Alex Jones. Jones has been the number one conduit of Russian propaganda to gullible conservatives for 15 years. The damage done can be seen throughout ARFCOM and in the early pages of this thread.

No, that's a free-thinking conservative who likes to ask questions
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Are they that short handed that they never have any dismounts?

What's the point of having an IFV if you're not moving infantry?

You see this over and over in these vids.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Are they that short handed that they never have any dismounts?

What's the point of having an IFV if you're not moving infantry?

You see this over and over in these vids.
Yes.

Since the beginning, because this was not a war but a "special military operation", Russia had no legal authority to call upon it's conscripts to backfill their ranks, nor to us them outside of Russian borders.

On paper, conscripts make up roughly ~30% of a Russian fighting units strength. Considering that it seems many of the Russian units went into Ukraine already well understrength with their full time, professional contract soldiers, they were already behind the curve. And add to that, having to use those professional soldiers to backfill the roles of their missing conscripts, they have had a dismount shortage from day 1.

Even now with the Russian mobilization, and them changing the laws on how conscripts can be used, nothing attrition that already understrength Russian units have sustained up to this point, plugging conscripts into these units are not going to fix the manpower shortage, and Russia will continue to suffer from lack of dismounts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
I can only afford to buy some socks right now, but I donated.
View Quote

Thanks, as of 430 we are like 300 short of 5k.

That’s amazing, wifes mentally prepping for a pic in typical Slav fashion. Now I get to watch all three kids for 6 hours while she gets ready. Thanks guys 👍
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Lol, beat.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:36:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]

It was not shot down by a man portable missile.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#41]

It was not shot down by a man portable missile.
View Quote

I mean, if you're strong enough...
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Lol, beat.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Spock_-shit-675.gif

lol, I can count on you guys when I'm not able to search for news.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

$$ sent

God speed!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Lol, beat.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Spock_-shit-675.gif

I'm dying here.  That gif of Spock and his reaction look just like my 17-year old son.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#45]
More goodies on the way. There's been pics circulating of newly refurbed T-72M1s...but who knows.

"Czech Republic will transfer heavy equipment to Ukraine,   Minister of Defense Yana Chernokhova

According to Chernokhova, the new aid package includes heavy equipment, but the Czech Republic does not disclose details due to security concerns."
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NH_Patriot:

Just sent $100.00  Great cause.  Slava Ukraini
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NH_Patriot:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Guys my wife ran down to me this morning and made me happy!

Already posted pics of wife so no.

Seriously we are very grateful, got about 1300 last night so I’m in for another 500. Also Mr Patt…, got the gear awesome you came through. Anyone who donated 1000$ is on a patch list. I’m out for now but grandma in Kyiv collects from guys who get gear and she comes over in a 5 weeks. If I miss you on the patches, or battle flags for the big doners let me know!!!

Just sent $100.00  Great cause.  Slava Ukraini

👏👏
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I don't either, but the map at least will tell the tale of the advance

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/FeKOBFhXgAAIGmh_png-2550412.JPG
View Quote

That meme is awesome and sort of truth. It’s get while the gettings good time. I only wish they could hit a third front right through melitopol or retake the Donetsk airport and Debaltseva
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#49]

I mean, I get the sentiment considering our ties, but Russia put hit squads in Kyiv trying to assassinate and decapitate the government. They had kill lists of regular citizens and civil servants for areas they were trying to occupy. She and her father were legitimate targets, and it isn't remotely a "stoop to their level situation" IMO.

ETA  Also, if we wanted to send a message it could have, and should have, been done privately or in back channels. Instead they leaked it to NYT and handed Russia a solid piece of propaganda. Smells more like a butthurt underling leaked it  or something.

View All Quotes

This is a message.

But then why hasn’t Zelensky eaten a cruise missile? Why hasn’t Kiev been subject to massive bombing?

I thought it was bascially courtesy psyop. Ton of create a martyr etc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#50]
View Quote
If I understood the Engrish captions correctly only about ~15% of them were issued weapons (all AK's).  He may have been saying that they have to pay bribes to be issued any ammo.  No officers, no training.  They slept in the open for three days and 90% of them are sick.  They have to buy their own food and are getting gouged at that.  Most don't have armor and helmets, and the helmets they were issued "can be bent with a finger", perhaps more Wish.com airsoft crap like the Ukrainians have been capturing.  

"The one with the rifle shoots!  When the one with the rifle is killed, the one five men following him pick up the rifle!"
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2721 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top