Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2726 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
He should regrow that beard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
I don't know if this has been posted but here is the Senior Sergeant Mykhailo Dianov interview. It's over an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMyukvOMsw
He should regrow that beard

Nah, he looks a bit like Mark Harmon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Interestingly I have never listen him, instead I formed my opinions based on getting most of my info from various intel briefs provided to communities of interests I was a member for the last several decade of so.
View Quote

So there was never any need to waste your time, huh?

When the Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church is a KGB dude (and insanely wealthy from having the cigarette racket in Russia)...I guess it tends to make you question just what they are doing in Russia.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I think it's nothing more than "all the cool kids are doing it" trend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.
I think it's nothing more than "all the cool kids are doing it" trend.
GD is full of Code Pink Fags
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Ukraine is doing today what US failed to do in 1946.
Money should not be the question to solve the russian problem once and for all. If they fail because of lack of our support then our children will have to finish the task but at much grater cost
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys we kicked ass, I think we are at about 5k and I’m going to owe some battle swag. Akulas got some stuff, Babas got some stuff, we will pay our debts. To the fucking Russian troll, just stay where you are and don’t snoop around here.

I’ve been on defcom 3 since I got back the first time. My neighbors a ret marine the others a us Marshall, just fucking poke your head round here. It’s country but loaded with game cams and hunting dogs, everyone knows our family and what we do.

Anyway,
Guys let’s keep it going one more night, announcement tomorrow, if someone drops 2k I’ll give up my most cherished Ukraine possession, given to me years back by a hero who we saw in Mauripol video kick ass. He’s dead so please don’t buy it from me. An Azov police badge pre-dark sun removal  (ie before they were forced to remove it) Actually scratch that, not selling it, would be a dishonor. I can and will get guys patches and flags though who threw in the big $$$.

Wife says rock on ar15.com
Attachment Attached File

Funraiser ends Friday

Just a gift I got but everyone here who helps earns a little badge. Not joking up to 70% of gear supplies etc have come from patriots like you! In every American there’s a little Ukrainanian trying to climb out!!!😀

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Who many Russians will freeze to death or be rendered combat ineffective due to frost bite this Winter?

How many thousands and thousands of Russians died due to total lack of basic first aid training, lack of IFAKs, and terrible or nonexistent CASEVAC or MEDEVAC?  

Things are going to get medieval in the occupied areas this Winter. Whatever food and alcohol existed have all long since been looted.  

Ukraine should start an aggressive campaign to drop leaflets into Russian held territory inviting them to surrender and telling them how to do so.   I think that Ukraine could turn this into a Gulf War scenario where literally tens of thousands of Russians just surrender this winter.  I have seen the Ukrainians going pretty hard and some of the intercepted phone calls we've heard make me think that a lot of Russians don't think they have surrender as an option, which isn't great as it means there is probably resistance that otherwise wouldn't exist.  I get that there is a lot of hate and no love lost between the two sides, but a win is a win and if the Russians would just give up it would save Ukrainian lives.

View Quote

Ukraine should print the surrender cards on Hershey bar wrappers and drop those.  Tell the conscripts there is a lot more where that came from at their luxury pow camps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I can't go into threads like that without getting pissed off, and if I said what I wanted to say, I would no longer have an account here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I can't go into threads like that without getting pissed off, and if I said what I wanted to say, I would no longer have an account here.

Yeah...  I was informed that you can't ask someone if Putin's dick tastes like Steven Segal's ass.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

I mean, I get the sentiment considering our ties, but Russia put hit squads in Kyiv trying to assassinate and decapitate the government. They had kill lists of regular citizens and civil servants for areas they were trying to occupy. She and her father were legitimate targets, and it isn't remotely a "stoop to their level situation" IMO.

ETA  Also, if we wanted to send a message it could have, and should have, been done privately or in back channels. Instead they leaked it to NYT and handed Russia a solid piece of propaganda. Smells more like a butthurt underling leaked it  or something.

View Quote

Agree 100%. If the US doesn't want them to use those methods, there are other ways to communicate our displeasure. Going straight to US media smacks of this Administration's amateur hour approach to...fucking everything.

Or fuck, maybe we were insisting on "NO DISINTEGRATIONS" for weeks or months before, and just weren't being heard? So just leave off ONE of the line items from one of our aid packages (whoops, no small arms ammo this month!) and let that speak for itself.

Going to the NYT is like..."hey so we're out of touch, but we're also super upset so...take THAT!"
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Its an interesting question.

The only people that know for sure arent talking.
When its over, if the Ukrainians were being fed concepts on what to do, and where to do it, it would be in NATO's best interest to lie and give the Ukrainians credit, which make the RUs look worse.  Makes their foreign military sales look worse.

In the next page over on this thread COL Khodarenok says:

I would say that on this very thread, we have intercepts of Russians talking to their wives and parents, and the Ukrainians are releasing it for propaganda like they don't give a shit who knows how bad Rus OPSEC is.

The Russians can suck, the Ukrainians can be highly motivated, trained, and well equipped by us, the NATO Intel community could have the Russian surfaces and gaps mapped out to the gnats ass so any junior 2LT knows where to go, and where not to.. These are not mutually exclusive.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

It’s amazing how little credit the Russians give the Ukrainians. In western reports the Ukrainian commander came up with the plan to pin the Russians in Kherson and overrun them in Kharkiv and I don’t think we have any reason to not believe that’s true. If the plan was to take SAPR classes and carry rucksacks for the females I would immediately suspect US Army involvement.

Its an interesting question.

The only people that know for sure arent talking.
When its over, if the Ukrainians were being fed concepts on what to do, and where to do it, it would be in NATO's best interest to lie and give the Ukrainians credit, which make the RUs look worse.  Makes their foreign military sales look worse.

In the next page over on this thread COL Khodarenok says:

Now a question.  How long would the armed formations of the south-east hold out if a qualitatively different enemy entered the war, if a hail of modern aviation weapons — anti-bunker bombs, laser- and satellite-guided bombs, air- and sea-based cruise missiles showered down on LNR and DNR formations and units?  If the order-of-battle were attacked by the newest armored combat vehicles and artillery?  And the action of all this military splendor was supported by American intelligence of all types which has not even a close analogue in the world?  And the planes of the volunteers of the West chase after every BMP, gun, and tank of the units and formations of the south-east, separately bomb every trench, firing point, and mortar position taken.  And destroy the target with margins commensurate with the size of the trench itself.

I would say that on this very thread, we have intercepts of Russians talking to their wives and parents, and the Ukrainians are releasing it for propaganda like they don't give a shit who knows how bad Rus OPSEC is.

The Russians can suck, the Ukrainians can be highly motivated, trained, and well equipped by us, the NATO Intel community could have the Russian surfaces and gaps mapped out to the gnats ass so any junior 2LT knows where to go, and where not to.. These are not mutually exclusive.

I am telling everyone here from the bottom of my heart that westerns have played a role in strategy but it ain’t guys on government payrolls, and they literally just ask questions after a plan is spitballed. There is no master control hive of NATO generals moving chess pieces here. We give intelligence but Ukrainian military and the few political sin the know are not trusted FOR GOOD REASONS have you seen us pull any kind of large scale anything without someone leaking it for money or fame or promises of future promotion. if you were General Zeluzny… would you trust your American colleague you just met to know about your supplies? Troop numbers? Locations or even operational details? Are you nuts? Add NATO generals and Allies who work with other Allies? Does NATO keep secrets? Dam Son turn on the TV. How much would Russia pay or promise or what wouldn’t they do to get that kind of access? They wouldn’t threaten to expose your presidents finances? Polonium your tea? Kidnap your stupid teenage daughter?

It’s pre ww2 level opsec going on. It’s compartmrntslized like a giant intelligence op. Southern commanders don’t know about what’s going on or intended in north. I’m not sure the president even gets involved because he knows his entourage is target numero uno. He just gives general permissions, goals, and limitations. then They kick all but say 10 guys out and that’s it.

We might give a how the usa would do it with some imaginary us force, they might take parts of that but it’s 10 smart trust worthy guys and maybe 2 are westerners of proven value in strategy. Likely Retired. I can put some names out there but won’t. I don’t know for sure. And there are some it modeling geeks but they are Ukrainians or adopted Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone kill or overthrow putin yet?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By K0UA:
I am in an interesting situation on this board. I joined again,( I joined several years ago but was not active) in January 2022. So I had very little familiarity with the entire site before the war started in February. I hung out in the Ham radio sub forum some and still do, but this particular thread has occupied almost all of my time on this site. I have only strayed over to other threads only a little bit, and the other war threads have really shocked and disappointed me. Almost as much as seeing Tucker Carlson turn in to a idiotic Putin lover. I could not believe the Ukraine hatred in so much of the conservative community. Even some relatives were and are on the Russian side. Which astounds me. But I guess I can just be astounded, but it is what it is.
View Quote

I recognize your call sign from a ham radio forum.

In one of the sub forums, the level of tardation approaches that found in the UKR threads of which you speak.

Some of us over there aren't afraid to call a spade a fucking shovel either.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

That’s them!!! Dude, if I find them in-store again, imma cry.

ETA: says not available top right of the page 😭

Ya discontinued as of last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVjEtJLpWMt/

More info
https://www.eatthis.com/news-trader-joes-discontinued-products-spring-2021/
View All Quotes
Now I'm interested, maybe they still sell it
https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/060283

That’s them!!! Dude, if I find them in-store again, imma cry.

ETA: says not available top right of the page 😭

Ya discontinued as of last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVjEtJLpWMt/

More info
https://www.eatthis.com/news-trader-joes-discontinued-products-spring-2021/

Pelmini like that are generally Russian. Ukrainian ones are taco shaped (slightly longer) with cottage cheese raisins, potatoes with onion and garlic and bacon fat, or same from bila mushrooms Boletes edulus traditionally. Those are straight Russian. Ukrainians eat them too but they aren’t Ukrainian. It was a Soviet thing that spread foods like that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By twistedLV:
This is pretty much the only GD thread I peruse anymore. And I just shut up and learn.
Thank You to all you SME's. It amazes me the depth of knowledge of current and historic events that you guys can recite off the cuff, and correlate the two.
View Quote

There is a massive SME hive here in this thread. It's bigger than it looks like, because
there are a lot of SMEs who don't post much.

Cmeptb eto He xydshee i3 3oL
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds to me like an internal crackdown is coming.

Ruminating on rebellion, Putin says the state must be strong

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ruminating-rebellion-putin-says-state-must-be-strong-2022-10-05/

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeQe_ugWQAA2aXU?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

MHe HpaBitbcR eto kapta....
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Ukraine should print the surrender cards on Hershey bar wrappers and drop those.  Tell the conscripts there is a lot more where that came from at their luxury pow camps.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Who many Russians will freeze to death or be rendered combat ineffective due to frost bite this Winter?

How many thousands and thousands of Russians died due to total lack of basic first aid training, lack of IFAKs, and terrible or nonexistent CASEVAC or MEDEVAC?  

Things are going to get medieval in the occupied areas this Winter. Whatever food and alcohol existed have all long since been looted.  

Ukraine should start an aggressive campaign to drop leaflets into Russian held territory inviting them to surrender and telling them how to do so.   I think that Ukraine could turn this into a Gulf War scenario where literally tens of thousands of Russians just surrender this winter.  I have seen the Ukrainians going pretty hard and some of the intercepted phone calls we've heard make me think that a lot of Russians don't think they have surrender as an option, which isn't great as it means there is probably resistance that otherwise wouldn't exist.  I get that there is a lot of hate and no love lost between the two sides, but a win is a win and if the Russians would just give up it would save Ukrainian lives.

Not a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I laughed a little.  At the truth of it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

The POW code of conduct sounds sooo much cooler and more honorable in a classroom, when you aren't being sodomized with whatever object the Russians have at hand, or electrocuted, or beaten until your testicles rupture, or whatever the fuck else they can dream up from their shitty basic training.

I say that, meaning: the Russians imagine that kind of treatment for themselves, because they have probably done it to others on multiple less serious occasions before.

So I applaud the ingenuity of these Russians to clear and elevate their gun barrel and wave big fucking white flags, to bring their BMP to the Ukrainian lines.

I also applaud those Ukrainian troops 10x more, because for such a weird and potentially dangerous situation, they handled themselves really well. We can all nitpick it after the fact, but I bet the pucker factor was HIGH.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Squatch:

Can't believe the Russians just drove up there with a fully functional BMP and surrendered.  No (apparent) effort to spike the cannon or otherwise disable the vehicle before turning it over.

The POW code of conduct sounds sooo much cooler and more honorable in a classroom, when you aren't being sodomized with whatever object the Russians have at hand, or electrocuted, or beaten until your testicles rupture, or whatever the fuck else they can dream up from their shitty basic training.

I say that, meaning: the Russians imagine that kind of treatment for themselves, because they have probably done it to others on multiple less serious occasions before.

So I applaud the ingenuity of these Russians to clear and elevate their gun barrel and wave big fucking white flags, to bring their BMP to the Ukrainian lines.

I also applaud those Ukrainian troops 10x more, because for such a weird and potentially dangerous situation, they handled themselves really well. We can all nitpick it after the fact, but I bet the pucker factor was HIGH.

March April that bmp go booom. It was too scary to take prisoners to many fake soldiers in uniform killing guys in Kyiv and no way to store prisoners really unless in the city. Bucha Yrpin was a no holds barred cage death match. No medicine for your wounded, going to give it to the guys with sandy shovels when you just passed a mass civilian grave?

I’m glad it’s toned down.because optics are a thing and they don’t need some nanny in the Oval Office saying no guns for you because you rough up your prisoners. After Mauripol and the death of all the wounded hero’s in that cleanup op, plus the dick cutting video, plus the rapes of children on video, I was worried we see some line them up and shoot them stuff, I get it believe me, the temptation and anger only grows exponentially once you see it but I’m glad to see the high road by our guys.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#21]
@gentlemanfarmer

It's not as much as I would like, but I hope it will help!

Recipient: Americans in Ukraine Foundation, Created by Facebook Fundraisers
Transaction ID: 5406903612758758
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

We're not talking about artillery landing in Russia. That's already happening in border areas.

We're talking about UA firing ATACMS at deep targets. It's an escalation that would be blamed directly on us and wouldn't be helpful in the delicate balancing act we're playing right now. And it's not really necessary anyway.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

agree with the conclusion of us not getting that involved in targeting, but I am curious: why the opposition to shooting our stuff into russia proper?  Is this just so we have another lever to pull at some point or is there real concern that a 155 landing in russia would be generate a reaction that a 152 wouldn't?

We're not talking about artillery landing in Russia. That's already happening in border areas.

We're talking about UA firing ATACMS at deep targets. It's an escalation that would be blamed directly on us and wouldn't be helpful in the delicate balancing act we're playing right now. And it's not really necessary anyway.

I think we don’t want them hitting Crimea for real. That’s the real issue. We want to give Russia Crimea as a consolation prize, I bet my ass the diplos are saying that. It’s absurd because 10 years from now they attack and next year they start drilling that sweet natural gas bubble in the Azov so sea.
Screw that it ends when they leave or die. Only way, too many died to do anything less. Hence why only 200,000 small arms rounds are shipped each time. Think about that hoe far does 200,000 small arms munitions go?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Good video.... I really liked how they handled it. No bunching up. Last guy in the line moved out behind at the right time....
Next guy moved at the right time, kept an L shape, still spread out, the guy out on the end transitioned back
to overwatch the original threat vector once the guys closer had the orcs on the ground and 2 others had
the hatches covered. That's a good squad there. Wasn't rehearsed either; the accents matched as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Poor Ivan Conscriptovich all hopped up on that copium

But I like the Clayton Bigsby'esque touch to the story though
View Quote

IVAN CONSCRIPTAVICH love it. So Gomer pilesque
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Absolutely. Just trying to spread truth in the midst of a lot of bs. I mean dude, my own fil spouts Russian talking points and HE’S Ukrainian lol! I don’t hate him. I just don’t put up with the lies and always counter it with intelligent arguments. On top of that I have family in Russia lol. My uncle lives there. They literally didn’t believe a war was happening back in March until they received a call from family in Ukraine sharing how their kids fled Kiev on the first night of attacks. I have Russian friends. Some are pro-Russia, and others aren’t. I don’t hate any of them. Just the orcs. They’ve just been fed Russian lies all of their lives. In fact when I was a kid I would just say I was Russian because whenever I’d say I was Ukrainian, people would just respond with “isn’t that the same thing as Russian?”

This war, as horrific as it is, has opened the eyes of many to the truth. Yes, there’s a lot of bullshit, but Ukraine is real. Its people and culture are real and unique. They just wanna to raise their families in peace, to prosper, and to be left alone.
View Quote

In my 16 years, this thread has been the most informative and capitative to partake in. All the people adding their insight and expertise has been invaluable. I shut down for 2 hours every evening to catch up on the day
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Photographic:

“I don’t know, it’s written in holodo”

Am I understanding the slur here? A reference to Holodomer?

If so, I wasn’t aware my distain could reach another level but there we are...
View Quote

Hohol deragatory name for Ukrainians
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

There is a massive SME hive here in this thread. It's bigger than it looks like, because
there are a lot of SMEs who don't post much.

Cmeptb eto He xydshee i3 3oL
View Quote

One of my favorite things about this thread is when something comes up and a poster from 2006 with 300 posts chimes in with an encyclopedic truth bomb. Happened at least three times in the last thousand pages.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.
View All Quotes

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Puke the retardation is huge. Some of the big 2A come and take it guys are in this boat. IDK if Russia promised them power and PKM pechenegs for collaborating or if they just be stupid.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!
View Quote

That's freakin ridiculous. I don't even know what to say. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#31]

Pelmini like that are generally Russian. Ukrainian ones are taco shaped (slightly longer) with cottage cheese raisins, potatoes with onion and garlic and bacon fat, or same from bila mushrooms Boletes edulus traditionally. Those are straight Russian. Ukrainians eat them too but they aren’t Ukrainian. It was a Soviet thing that spread foods like that.
View Quote

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Puke the retardation is huge. Some of the big 2A come and take it guys are in this boat. IDK if Russia promised them power and PKM pechenegs for collaborating or if they just be stupid.
View Quote

Have you seen the ukraine war thread on sniper’s hide? It makes the worst here look tame.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#33]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Russian helmet goodness

Telegram Video

View Quote

Edit - this is an actual production helmet design call “Sfera”, not an “ersatz” helmet.

STSh-81 Sfera and SSSh-94 Sfera-C Russian helmet ballistic test - Diapers for Spetsnaz
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By warp_foo:
No, I'm not missing anything. I'm saying stop posting ghost page and post something of value.

m
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Scratch45:
Ghost of Kiev page.
Swing!... and a miss.

Can we stop this ghost page silliness, now?

I think you're missing the technical difficulties happening on this thread. It happens to a lot of very long threads here, the next page appears but there's nothing on it until someone posts again, hence the "ghost page" post on every new page to get previous posts to appear.
No, I'm not missing anything. I'm saying stop posting ghost page and post something of value.

m

There has been at least 2,000 “ghost page” posts in this thread.  At 50 posts per page, we have had to scroll through at leadt 40 full pages worth of useless “ghost page” posts so far..  perhaps 60 pages worth with repetition and replies to stop. It really does need to stop.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Yep I'm even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there's a few around here) and let them set the world to right!
View Quote
Welcome to the club. The PANTSCON system will hell you
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:56:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#36]

View Quote

During the Vietnam War, they issued surrender message-printed bags.  The AR mags could be sealed in the waterproof bags. The idea was they’d be discarded everywhere and then the VC and NVA could find them.  They are still available from some surplus vendors.

I mainly use GI 20rd mags, I think I’ll actually get some of these. ;)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#38]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#39]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
That has not worked once for me.

View Quote

It worked for me right away. Are you making sure to change .com to .net as well?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

"I'm thinking of joining the army, it's basicly the same as FPS, only better graphics.

But what if I lag!? I'm DEAD!

I also heard that there are no respawn points in RL."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Russian gamer lacks respawn.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/Screenshot_20221005-173650-2551455.png

"I'm thinking of joining the army, it's basicly the same as FPS, only better graphics.

But what if I lag!? I'm DEAD!

I also heard that there are no respawn points in RL."

You do get one respawn, but its on a very long timer and you might have problems if you did naughty things in your first life.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

He's talking about the galushki (aka halushki) recipe I posted earlier.  I have read there is a Polish "halushki" that is some kind of soup and not at all like the Ukrainian dish of the same name.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1C38B913-63C6-437F-B828-2C6BCF79FC5E_jpe-2551973.JPG
View All Quotes

Halushki and galushki are the same thing. Did you mean Pelmeni?

He's talking about the galushki (aka halushki) recipe I posted earlier.  I have read there is a Polish "halushki" that is some kind of soup and not at all like the Ukrainian dish of the same name.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1C38B913-63C6-437F-B828-2C6BCF79FC5E_jpe-2551973.JPG
Replying so I can find this recipe. That shit looks delicious.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:

Money should not be the question to solve the russian problem once and for all. If they fail because of lack of our support then our children will have to finish the task but at much grater cost
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:

EXACTLY!!!!  Ive said it before, I don’t want my two boys fighting Russians and Chinese in Poland or Guam 10 years from now. Russia gets away from this intact, the cancer will grow back, maybe a little more slowly. But grow it will. Better defeat one now than worry about the other. Together China and Russia presented a big problem for us long term. We can make a war with China unlikely and winnable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]

During the Vietnam War, they issued surrender message-printed bags.  The AR mags could be sealed in the waterproof bags. The idea was they’d be discarded everywhere and then the VC and NVA could find them.  They are still available from some surplus vendors.

I mainly use GI 20rd mags, I think I’ll actually get some of these. ;)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1EA56FA7-4E5C-4E54-9991-B6ACA933E500_jpe-2552276.JPG
View Quote

Sarco used to ship small parts in them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

We'll see what the days and weeks ahead bring. I hope the Russians get their asses kicked so fucking hard that they lose the ability to field an army for more than a generation.

Edit - spelling.
View Quote
That's the problem, there is no next generation. Russia is done as a great power.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Holy shit man - that dude totally called it. All of it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Worth re-watching this video from May by ret. Col. Kodarenko, showing the difference between professionals and propagandists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xvrkjc/remember_this_video_from_may_mikhail_khodarenok/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Thanks for (re)posting that.  I only started paying attention recently so it is extra interesting to see something like that from early in the invasion.  She really didn't like what he was saying.  I was surprised to see that she was already pushing the "existential threat", "never surrender", and "we will prevail" motifs.  She was also pushing the "we had to do it" line and seemed to my ears to truly believe all of that bullshit.

I can't believe that no one posted georgian_legion's good news:

You want to be mind blown, read what he wrote BEFORE the invasion.  (Article dated 2/3/22)

https://nvo-ng-ru.translate.goog/realty/2022-02-03/3_1175_donbass.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Holy shit man - that dude totally called it. All of it.

This guy is a professional and I believe that article is worth a closer reading (even multiple readings) for some insight into Russia’s internal dynamics.  He also understood the dynamics and responses in the west - namely calling Lend Lease - indicating he knew that the west would take this as an existential issue and put western production might behind Ukraine
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#46]
Attachment Attached File

All this talk about food made me hungry for some kolbasa, hlib, and ohirki lol. 😂
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#47]
The only thing that makes me unhappy about this thread is that I don't have time to read more than every third page.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:17:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#48]
Originally Posted By evilyoda:
Someone kill or overthrow putin yet?
View Quote

Sadly, no.

With that said, not sure things will get better, to the right of that far too long overdue event, before it gets worse. Especially for the average Russian and Ukrainian person.

The Russians seem more than capable of going even lower than where they are now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
The only thing that makes me unhappy about this thread is that I don't have time to read more than every third page.
View Quote

When I get behind I scroll to the tweets and bypass everything else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By klinc:

When I get behind I scroll to the tweets and bypass everything else.
View Quote

Lol same
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2726 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top