Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2727 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Hohol deragatory name for Ukrainians
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Photographic:

“I don’t know, it’s written in holodo”

Am I understanding the slur here? A reference to Holodomer?

If so, I wasn’t aware my distain could reach another level but there we are...

Hohol deragatory name for Ukrainians

It seems a lot like when we are called rednecks here.  So there's no way I couldn't be on their side.  There's been so much demonstration of grit and determination, and moments of pure ingenuity.  It's humbling and inspiring to see.  I don't think there's any way we could have done it any better if we were in that situation.

Rednecks of the world, unite.  Fight for what's right until the day the orcs have yeed their last haw.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Just some good 'ole boys
Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law Soviet Union
Since the day they was born

Staightenin' the curves
Flatenin' the hills
Someday the mountain might get 'em
But the law Grads never will

Makin' their way
The only way they know how
That's just a little bit more
Than the law Soviet Union will allow

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By Squatch:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

They're kicking the shit out of those HMMWVs.
Just some good 'ole boys
Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law Soviet Union
Since the day they was born

Staightenin' the curves
Flatenin' the hills
Someday the mountain might get 'em
But the law Grads never will

Makin' their way
The only way they know how
That's just a little bit more
Than the law Soviet Union will allow

Attachment Attached File

Yeeeeeeer Hawwwwwww!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Videos like this versus the Russians should tell anyone all they need to know about the two cultures and which is superior.
View Quote

Battle pups and War Kitties.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys we kicked ass, I think we are at about 5k and I’m going to owe some battle swag. Akulas got some stuff, Babas got some stuff, we will pay our debts. To the fucking Russian troll, just stay where you are and don’t snoop around here.

I’ve been on defcom 3 since I got back the first time. My neighbors a ret marine the others a us Marshall, just fucking poke your head round here. It’s country but loaded with game cams and hunting dogs, everyone knows our family and what we do.

Anyway,
Guys let’s keep it going one more night, announcement tomorrow, if someone drops 2k I’ll give up my most cherished Ukraine possession, given to me years back by a hero who we saw in Mauripol video kick ass. He’s dead so please don’t buy it from me. An Azov police badge pre-dark sun removal  (ie before they were forced to remove it) Actually scratch that, not selling it, would be a dishonor. I can and will get guys patches and flags though who threw in the big $$$.

Wife says rock on ar15.com
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/FBC2BB80-E854-44EE-BACB-D73881629B01_jpe-2552224.JPG

Funraiser ends Friday

Just a gift I got but everyone here who helps earns a little badge. Not joking up to 70% of gear supplies etc have come from patriots like you! In every American there’s a little Ukrainanian trying to climb out!!!😀

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/035C92EC-F17B-41B7-97DB-A532BA11CEF1_jpe-2552227.JPG
View Quote

In for $300 because why not
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By schrodingerscat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By schrodingerscat:
Guys we kicked ass, I think we are at about 5k and I’m going to owe some battle swag. Akulas got some stuff, Babas got some stuff, we will pay our debts. To the fucking Russian troll, just stay where you are and don’t snoop around here.

I’ve been on defcom 3 since I got back the first time. My neighbors a ret marine the others a us Marshall, just fucking poke your head round here. It’s country but loaded with game cams and hunting dogs, everyone knows our family and what we do.

Anyway,
Guys let’s keep it going one more night, announcement tomorrow, if someone drops 2k I’ll give up my most cherished Ukraine possession, given to me years back by a hero who we saw in Mauripol video kick ass. He’s dead so please don’t buy it from me. An Azov police badge pre-dark sun removal  (ie before they were forced to remove it) Actually scratch that, not selling it, would be a dishonor. I can and will get guys patches and flags though who threw in the big $$$.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/FBC2BB80-E854-44EE-BACB-D73881629B01_jpe-2552224.JPG

Funraiser ends Friday

Just a gift I got but everyone here who helps earns a little badge. Not joking up to 70% of gear supplies etc have come from patriots like you! In every American there’s a little Ukrainanian trying to climb out!!!😀

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/035C92EC-F17B-41B7-97DB-A532BA11CEF1_jpe-2552227.JPG

Love it
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Got to sleep, work and scouts wiped me out. See y’all tomorrow.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
That's the problem, there is no next generation. Russia is done as a great power.
View Quote

The Russian units in the south are the really good ones.

They will run, but in a more organized fashion unless they really break.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CpFnEXW1yXA/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.196flavors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/vareniki-4-FP-500x375.jpeg
View All Quotes

Pelmini like that are generally Russian. Ukrainian ones are taco shaped (slightly longer) with cottage cheese raisins, potatoes with onion and garlic and bacon fat, or same from bila mushrooms Boletes edulus traditionally. Those are straight Russian. Ukrainians eat them too but they aren’t Ukrainian. It was a Soviet thing that spread foods like that.

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CpFnEXW1yXA/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.196flavors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/vareniki-4-FP-500x375.jpeg

Those look delicious!

I found this recipe version, which looks a lot like our chicken & dumplings.
Attachment Attached File

https://ukrainian-recipes.com/varenyky-with-chicken.html

Chicken & dumplings for reference
Attachment Attached File

https://www.beckandbulow.com/chicken-duplings-recipe/

I bet I could eat Vareniki until I passed out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
That's the problem, there is no next generation. Russia is done as a great power.

Yeah they have some marines, vdv, police mvd types. Lots of FSB teams but we just need to feed the Himars and harms, and send more than 200k in small arms ammo? Wtf we could literally flood them with 5.56 at no cost with old green tip and .308 but 200k that’s a week of training for a company.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#11]
Originally Posted By grambosc:
View Quote

Dude, if you ever get to try some filled with fresh strawberries, you’re gonna feel like you’ve died and went to heaven. THEY ARE THAT GOOD!!

Blueberry ones are right up there too!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:34:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#12]

Dude, if you ever get to try some filled with fresh strawberries, you’re gonna feel like you’ve died and went to heaven. THEY ARE THAT GOOD!!
View All Quotes

My wife’s vareniki from fresh cottage cheese apples and raisins, little honey and cream for dressing man smack yo mama good.

Whish I’d could have her whip up a batch maybe at the match we’ll serve vereniki, shashlyk, apple tarts, Easter bread, borscht and garlic rye bread. Mandatory salo stage. Got to shoot feral in back of head eat his slice if salo and finish the match with sto grams of Samagon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

Aegis and similar yes. There's no way we are sharing the newest information systems, what our SF are starting to use right now will make our SF (with good squad/platoon/company level leadership making very well informed decisions, combined with individual operators having a complete view of the battlefield) look like the Predator vs. Cavemen (my opinion based on my wife leading the part of a company developing systems for US SF talking about unclassified work meetings).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:
Originally Posted By Jack841:

Is it just me or does this smell like copium? "It's not the Ukrainians, it's the damned US with their science fiction level technology!" I don't doubt the UA has benefited mightily from US/Western electronic intelligence, but the AI business seems over the top.

It doesn't sound like AI. It sounds like Aegis, overlaying data from multiple sensors provided by multiple systems.

Aegis and similar yes. There's no way we are sharing the newest information systems, what our SF are starting to use right now will make our SF (with good squad/platoon/company level leadership making very well informed decisions, combined with individual operators having a complete view of the battlefield) look like the Predator vs. Cavemen (my opinion based on my wife leading the part of a company developing systems for US SF talking about unclassified work meetings).

We are not sharing high level tech. I showed some penetrating radar drone capture stuff of buildings and blocks that we do for drone survey and it blew their mind. I can see inside concrete building By drone? Yes. Give it to me for hits was the answer. They arnt getting super high level stuff but they got lots of programmers, modeling experts, computer experts. They have a lot of tech by way of our tech giants outsourcing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

During the Vietnam War, they issued surrender message-printed bags.  The AR mags could be sealed in the waterproof bags. The idea was they’d be discarded everywhere and then the VC and NVA could find them.  They are still available from some surplus vendors.

I mainly use GI 20rd mags, I think I’ll actually get some of these. ;)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1EA56FA7-4E5C-4E54-9991-B6ACA933E500_jpe-2552276.JPG
View Quote

Translated message: "Surrendering helps you, friend, to see your dad and mom, wife and children in the peaceful setting of a free Vietnam, Democracy"
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kncook:

If Belarus attacks I can see Poland going into Belarus. Remember….it’s not Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Ukrainian Forces Prepare For Potential Attack By Belarus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ZcWvE_jYI

If Belarus attacks I can see Poland going into Belarus. Remember….it’s not Russia.

Belarus isnt going to do anything.  Lukashenko’s latest interview showed his coy (and somewhat sadistic) sense of humor. He said something like “people say we’re doing nothing here in Belarus.  This is not true!  We’re protecting Russia’s flank against Poland, the Baltics, and Germany!  No one will stab Russia in the back through Belarus.”
Which struck me as funny, because that’s probably exactly what he is preparing to do when it suits him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Prime:
More than 50 fresh burials with civilians were found in the liberated Estuary (PHOTOS)
https://hromadske.ua/posts/u-zvilnenomu-limani-znajshli-ponad-svizhih-50-pohovan-iz-civilnimi-foto

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/img.hromadske.ua/posts/271535/photo2022-10-0515-26-14jpg/medium.jpg

More than 50 graves with civilians were found in the recently liberated Lyman of the Donetsk region.
This was reported by our correspondent from the scene.
the Russians pulled out trenches and forced people they suspected of collaborating with the Ukrainian military to collect the bodies of the dead for reburial.
The guy, who was also detained and forced by the occupants to bury, told us that not all buried people were identified. Their bodies could lie on the streets for a long time. Also, those killed by shelling were sometimes buried by their neighbors.
The invaders did not take the bodies of their military. So, russians lived in one of the houses and organized a medical center there. When they retreated, they took the wounded, and left the dead.

More than 50 people are buried in this cemetery. Some burials are marked with nameplates, but there are only numbered ones.

"Tortured, in shackles." Civilians killed by Russian special forces were found at a recreation center in the Kharkiv region

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/img.hromadske.ua/posts/271547/harkivjpg/medium.jpg

This was reported by the Kharkiv Regional Prosecutor's Office and the National Police of Kharkiv region.
The bodies of men aged about 30-35 years were found during an inspection of the Svet Shakhtera recreation center in the village of Novoplatonivka, Borivska AH.
The dead were dressed in civilian clothes. The bodies were found in a sand pit measuring 2.5x2.5 meters and a depth of 4 meters.

Mummified bodies of the dead were found in Kharkiv region - police
https://hromadske.ua/posts/na-harkivshini-znajshli-mumifikovani-tila-zagiblih-policiya
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/img.hromadske.ua/posts/271543/4jpeg/medium.jpg

Law enforcement officers found the mummified bodies of two men in the village of Kamyanka, Izyum district, Kharkiv region.

View Quote

Let's all just add these links to a Notepad saved on our desktop or something, so we can post it in all the tankie responses on this forum.

Yes...the Russians are committing war crimes. It's not faked, it doesn't matter if it's 10 people or 10,000...that's not the least bit relevant to what constitutes a war crime, or what we should do about it.

Also, side note: I think the Russians are going to shit themselves with all of the future "Operation Bayonet" activity that is inevitably going to occur for the next 30 years.

Whatever. You broke it, you bought it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Can't believe the Russians just drove up there with a fully functional BMP and surrendered.  No (apparent) effort to spike the cannon or otherwise disable the vehicle before turning it over.
View All Quotes

Can't believe the Russians just drove up there with a fully functional BMP and surrendered.  No (apparent) effort to spike the cannon or otherwise disable the vehicle before turning it over.

An excellent business decision and probably made themselves five grand.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/05/us/politics/ukraine-russia-dugina-assassination.html

Interesting. Not a fan of this by Ukraine, they seem to be doing fine sticking to the traditional battlefield vs assassinations. Besides if you were going to assassinate someone might as well go for Putin.
View Quote

Calling bullshit.  The NY times has on more than one occasion lent out its editorial page to push Russian talking points.  Dugina was a FSB op all the way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Puke the retardation is huge. Some of the big 2A come and take it guys are in this boat. IDK if Russia promised them power and PKM pechenegs for collaborating or if they just be stupid.
View Quote
For a lot of them they are ate up with tribalism (example--'Biden admin supports this policy so I will support the opposite policy'). I think they are also just not aware of how much they're being used in the information and public perception war. Russia is trying hard to sway the public perception and acceptance of sending support to Ukraine because that support is killing a lot of russians.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Are they that short handed that they never have any dismounts?

What's the point of having an IFV if you're not moving infantry?

You see this over and over in these vids.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Are they that short handed that they never have any dismounts?

What's the point of having an IFV if you're not moving infantry?

You see this over and over in these vids.

Uhhh…If you and a couple of friends set up a pre-negotiated surrender, what are the chances you want a full load of infantry with you?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Yep.

For those who dont know what Dugin looks like:

https://katehon.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/alex_jones_dugin.png

https://www.totalitarismo.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/dugin-jones-768x430.jpg

And he is promoted (has been for many years) by bullshit artist Alex Jones. Jones has been the number one conduit of Russian propaganda to gullible conservatives for 15 years. The damage done can be seen throughout ARFCOM and in the early pages of this thread.
View All Quotes

This is a message.

Good, now maybe they will get her father. Much damage done and lives lost by the Kremlin lies they and those like them spread.

I’m with it. Dugin and all his ilk are the head of the snake.

Yep.

For those who dont know what Dugin looks like:

https://katehon.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/alex_jones_dugin.png

https://www.totalitarismo.blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/dugin-jones-768x430.jpg

And he is promoted (has been for many years) by bullshit artist Alex Jones. Jones has been the number one conduit of Russian propaganda to gullible conservatives for 15 years. The damage done can be seen throughout ARFCOM and in the early pages of this thread.

Yep. I’ll own that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

I, BigGrumpyBear, do hereby decree that Sochi belongs to me!

Cue the That's not how any of this works meme!  LOL!!
View All Quotes

LOL

I declare than the Russian Women’s track and field team is now an asset of me.

Darya Klishina | Beautiful Russian athlete | Long jump
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Whoa, they really are using armored HMMVs as assault APCs!
Ma Deuce working hard too, awesome!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#29]
He should surround himself with a wall.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Ukrainian Military Forces The Russians To Retreat - Is This The End?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

That's freakin ridiculous. I don't even know what to say. I don't get it.
View All Quotes

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

That's freakin ridiculous. I don't even know what to say. I don't get it.

To them I’m aiding and abetting a globohomo new world order run by Nazi Biden and Zelensky followers. Worse by law pretty sure my wife and older son and me are terrorists subject to death if opportunity arises. Seriously I know we have some risk, for sure when I put on a uniform and carry a gun but in the warped legal mind of Russians I’m like an Isis facilitator slash combatant, so there it is
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Fuck it, I will put my money where my mouth is.

In for another 750 for a total of 1000. Spend it well and I hope it results in some orcs fertilizing Ukrainian flowers.
View All Quotes

Anyway,

Funraiser ends Friday

In for another 750 for a total of 1000. Spend it well and I hope it results in some orcs fertilizing Ukrainian flowers.

Dang awesome flag for you, send me and I’m and be patient. For sure it will either save a guy or facilitate the death of orc by keeping said guy alive.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NY12ga:

It’s a real concern for Biden and many others because if Russia-proper gets attacked Putin will drop a nuclear bomb on DC: releasing full documentation and whatever other irrefutable evidence of their corruption, election shenanigans and other intentionally subversive and malfeasant activities. To The Swamp that would be worse than actual nuclear weapons…
View Quote

Lol its cute you think the russians could release any dirt that would hurt the swamp. We practically broadcast it on major networks and the dems cheer it on and beg for more
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Calling bullshit.  The NY times has on more than one occasion lent out its editorial page to push Russian talking points.  Dugina was a FSB op all the way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/05/us/politics/ukraine-russia-dugina-assassination.html

Interesting. Not a fan of this by Ukraine, they seem to be doing fine sticking to the traditional battlefield vs assassinations. Besides if you were going to assassinate someone might as well go for Putin.

Each time one of the Russian darling die
Givi
Motorola
Dugin
The Russian rage grows
They are all kgb hits to stir public sentiment, evidence bedamned.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#36]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGZ8OeOVIfg
View All Quotes

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGZ8OeOVIfg

Had a girl friend in college like that awesome all the way, she’s a doc now. We split because I said panther iv or tiger was better tank than t34. She got red hot mad said I was stupid American and didn’t talk to me for the rest of college. This was 18 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
View Quote

Great find.  Holy fucking shit.  I mean, i already knew that Russia wasn't going to be able to equip or train the mobilized men.  But this really puts the situation in perspective.  There’s probably 150-200 men there.  They’ve been issued uniforms and left outdoors in a field with no supply or organization.  They’ve got like 10 7.62 AKs, no armor, few helmets, and almost certainly no gear of any kind.  Mobilization is already a disaster.
Just IMAGINE what is going to happen to Russian forces this winter.  This is going to lead to a 1917 collapse/revolution within the army.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By dewoitine:

Yup we took a well deserved kick in the ass for not helping enough but I'm seeing a lot of French gear in some of the vids posted there with some materials not listed on "official lists".

And I won't say what or how much vehicles are concerned but I'm currently seeing quite a few untold things, in a brand new Ukrainian camo that are going to take the same path.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dewoitine:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Awesome to hear, there's alot quietly happening in the background concerning supply to Ukraine.

Yup we took a well deserved kick in the ass for not helping enough but I'm seeing a lot of French gear in some of the vids posted there with some materials not listed on "official lists".

And I won't say what or how much vehicles are concerned but I'm currently seeing quite a few untold things, in a brand new Ukrainian camo that are going to take the same path.

At this point people saying France isn't helping are either ignorant of the facts or are influence agents/bots spreading disinformation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:12:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#40]

And now I can’t sleep due to laughing my ass off

Eta: I’ll miss yinz when this thread is archived into oblivion someday
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#41]

https://www.joeandfranks.com/images/thumbs/0001194_strawberry-pierogi_510.jpeg

https://natashaskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Blueberry-Pierogi-3-600x900.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.joeandfranks.com/images/thumbs/0001194_strawberry-pierogi_510.jpeg

https://natashaskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Blueberry-Pierogi-3-600x900.jpg

My goodness, those look so good!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Great find.  Holy fucking shit.  I mean, i already knew that Russia wasn't going to be able to equip or train the mobilized men.  But this really puts the situation in perspective.  There’s probably 150-200 men there.  They’ve been issued uniforms and left outdoors in a field with no supply or organization.  They’ve got like 10 7.62 AKs, no armor, few helmets, and almost certainly no gear of any kind.  Mobilization is already a disaster.
Just IMAGINE what is going to happen to Russian forces this winter.  This is going to lead to a 1917 collapse/revolution within the army.
View All Quotes

I’ve been reading reports that friends and  families are having to raise money for basic equipment “if” the soldier has a support system. Most don’t and are from a dirt poor district.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:22:18 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Anyway,

Funraiser ends Friday

Bravo good sir!! I believe that earns you a battle flag!!?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Send them in; I’m sure Ukraine could do some nice horse-trading with a captured example.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:31:10 AM EDT
[#45]

It sounds like the iron fist yanking down the iron curtain.

I'll bet if 2 generations had experienced an open russia it would have made a difference. Open internet, open travel, open educational exchange. But not now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
Well, things might be getting spicy.

It sounds like the iron fist yanking down the iron curtain.

I'll bet if 2 generations had experienced an open russia it would have made a difference. Open internet, open travel, open educational exchange. But not now.

IIRC a couple of months ago there was legislation in Russia calling on Gazprom and other major oligarchical corporations to create their own PMCs.  The door has already been opened.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

It’s amazing how little credit the Russians give the Ukrainians. In western reports the Ukrainian commander came up with the plan to pin the Russians in Kherson and overrun them in Kharkiv and I don’t think we have any reason to not believe that’s true. If the plan was to take SAPR classes and carry rucksacks for the females I would immediately suspect US Army involvement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVcjJ2XoAUeMy2?format=png&name=medium

Jomini of the West has been outed.  

It’s amazing how little credit the Russians give the Ukrainians. In western reports the Ukrainian commander came up with the plan to pin the Russians in Kherson and overrun them in Kharkiv and I don’t think we have any reason to not believe that’s true. If the plan was to take SAPR classes and carry rucksacks for the females I would immediately suspect US Army involvement.

There is certainly every incentive on the Russian side to downplay UA capability and attribute all success to NATO.  That’s a standard Russian talking point.
What actually happened we will probably not know for years.
A story came out right after the Kharkiv offensive succeeded that Zelensky wanted an all-out offensive against Kherson and the UA wanted one in Kharkiv but only in Kharkiv.  The matter was referred for NATO advice and someone came up with “get both” - basically a fixing attack in Kherson followed by a main attack in Kharkiv.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Agreed. RU had a short window to take advantage of the chaos, destroy morale, create a perception of hopelessness. After a handful of weeks passed it would be nothing more than a waste of resources.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:

Don't think so. There was actual shooting in Kyiv when the security services tracked down one of the groups. Kyiv ate a ton of missiles early on but IDK if any were directed at any of the bunkers. Probably would have been pointless. Russia just doesn't have the air superiority or satellites to pull it off unless they get really lucky. The entire Russian strategy was based on capturing and taking out the govt.

Eventually we'll hear the whole story but I'm quite certain it was not a psyop.

Realistically at this point getting Zelensky probably wouldn't change much for the Russians. Early on it would have been another matter. If he's replaced they will follow his template. Not as well since his acting skills are an advantage and he presents himself better than most, but they will show his resolve.

Agreed. RU had a short window to take advantage of the chaos, destroy morale, create a perception of hopelessness. After a handful of weeks passed it would be nothing more than a waste of resources.

Zelensky’s success and example make it politically impossible for any subsequent leader to do less.  He’d be swinging from a lamppost.
And Zelensky is backed up by smart dudes.  Arestovych might not have Zelensky’s communication chops but his strategic insight is probably superior.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TacticalDeletion:
Mikhail Khodarenok calling the war from 2015, almost play by play. https://russiandefpolicy.com/2015/03/24/how-the-third-world-war-begins/ This guy is smarter than Strelkov, methinks. They need to reactivate him and give him a star or two ... or three - if they are to start making more strategically analytical operational decisions.

View Quote

Great find!  I’ve been looking for more material from Kodarenok.  Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Anyway,

Funraiser ends Friday

View Quote

Kicked $50 your way. Thank you for all you do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#50]

that dude is burned up, He needs to be evaluated.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2727 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top