Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2728 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:11:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

RU T-80s got fucking rekt.
View Quote

I think there’s another vehicle behind the right T80 hulk, which is where the round cook-off happened.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Whorey sheet that's fuunny!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:46:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#4]
Originally Posted By elcope:

If you are receiving threats in IM's, please report them as they are not tolerated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

If you are receiving threats in IM's, please report them as they are not tolerated.

Its extremley sad what has happened to this place, this forum used to be a tight group of folks who supported each other even if we did not share the same views on things.  Now we get threats, called liberals, called the enemy. etc.. soros supporters, i can go on and on.  Ive been here a long time and i absolutely hate the way it is here now. Ive known alot of the guys here for awhile and shared alot of funny memories and good times... I now have the same guys trash me due to my stance on Ukraine, been called a piece of shit by the same guys, called a democrat, liberal, and I am a staunch Biden voter and shit like that... I just sit here like wtf? what the fuck is going on?? ..
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Capta:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
Now animate it!
View Quote

If you know you know
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:04:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

that dude is burned up, He needs to be evaluated.
View All Quotes

Anyone who can say that Russian war crimes in Ukraine are “lies, all lies!” is fucked in the head.  There are multiple European nations in Ukraine documenting and investigating them right now.  Ukraine couldn’t fake that shit right now even if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:04:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Did we do today's tally yet? Lots of drones downed. Hopefully the start of a trend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

If you know you know
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
Now animate it!

If you know you know

Well yeah, but theres a whole genre of stop motion lego war films on youtube.  Check this out:

Lego WW1 - The Battle of the Somme - stopmotion
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:46:08 AM EDT
[#10]

"Lego Masters" has taken a very dark turn this season...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Anyone who can say that Russian war crimes in Ukraine are “lies, all lies!” is fucked in the head.  There are multiple European nations in Ukraine documenting and investigating them right now.  Ukraine couldn’t fake that shit right now even if they wanted to.
View All Quotes

FRW! He sounds like a neo-nazi holocaust denier. I'm sure the irony is lost on his drug addled mind.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#13]

FRW! He sounds like a neo-nazi holocaust denier. I'm sure the irony is lost on his drug addled mind.
View All Quotes

Anyone who can say that Russian war crimes in Ukraine are "lies, all lies!" is fucked in the head.  There are multiple European nations in Ukraine documenting and investigating them right now.  Ukraine couldn't fake that shit right now even if they wanted to.

He sounds like the sizable population of absolute morons who inhabit this website.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:30:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Et2ss] [#14]

Whoa, they really are using armored HMMVs as assault APCs!
Ma Deuce working hard too, awesome!
View All Quotes

Whoa, they really are using armored HMMVs as assault APCs!
Ma Deuce working hard too, awesome!

Ukrainian version of the 'Rat Patrol', except in real life
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#15]
You want to be mind blown, read what he wrote BEFORE the invasion.  (Article dated 2/3/22)

https://nvo-ng-ru.translate.goog/realty/2022-02-03/3_1175_donbass.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Worth re-watching this video from May by ret. Col. Kodarenko, showing the difference between professionals and propagandists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xvrkjc/remember_this_video_from_may_mikhail_khodarenok/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Thanks for (re)posting that.  I only started paying attention recently so it is extra interesting to see something like that from early in the invasion.  She really didn't like what he was saying.  I was surprised to see that she was already pushing the "existential threat", "never surrender", and "we will prevail" motifs.  She was also pushing the "we had to do it" line and seemed to my ears to truly believe all of that bullshit.
You want to be mind blown, read what he wrote BEFORE the invasion.  (Article dated 2/3/22)

https://nvo-ng-ru.translate.goog/realty/2022-02-03/3_1175_donbass.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Originally Posted By TacticalDeletion:
Mikhail Khodarenok calling the war from 2015, almost play by play. https://russiandefpolicy.com/2015/03/24/how-the-third-world-war-begins/This guy is smarter than Strelkov, methinks. They need to reactivate him and give him a star or two ... or three - if they are to start making more strategically analytical operational decisions.
Thanks for the extra articles.  Khodarenok's predictions are quite close to the mark so far.  I wonder if, in the 2015 essay, he really thought serious Western support was a black swan or if he couldn't speak up plainly and was hiding his motivation.

His comments on the perceived ease by many of defeating the Ukranian army and overthrowing the government are crazy.  If that is what Putin was hearing it is no surprise that he went for it.

Originally Posted By Prime:
Whew.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeU4TT-XkAEgmhl?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeU4TU0XkAIOa0R?format=jpg&name=large
It says a lot about the Russians that they would loot a random box of old dental work from the house of a dentist.  You can also bet that, even if they didn't add to the box, that it and a pair of pliers were waved in the face of the victims in addition to the other evil shit there is evidence of.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif
View Quote

LOL, wooden AK, whats up with those primers on the 30mm?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, now that we're all hungry for slavic won tons and dumpling stew what're the odds that the Ukrainians are going to open a new axis of attack on Melitipol?

View Quote

It's something I really want to see. It would set them up perfectly for the Winter to weaken and destabilize the South. Wreak havoc on the Crimean supply lines. (I don't think there's any rail coming through Mariupol )

I'm not sure they have the forces for a 3rd offensive, so I don't know. But if they do, I think they are on the clock as soon as they secure the dam. In the mean time, keep drawing in RU reinforcements and grinding them up.
If they don't have the forces, then I'm guessing it won't be until after the Kherson pocket is collapsed and UA can take advantage of the geography to defend there and shift forces over to the Zap front.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Couple of things that made me go hmmmmm. Things may be brewing (or they might not)
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

The paper mache k 47.

Litterally worse than a pointed stick.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#20]

I am telling everyone here from the bottom of my heart that westerns have played a role in strategy but it ain’t guys on government payrolls, and they literally just ask questions after a plan is spitballed. There is no master control hive of NATO generals moving chess pieces here. We give intelligence but Ukrainian military and the few political sin the know are not trusted FOR GOOD REASONS have you seen us pull any kind of large scale anything without someone leaking it for money or fame or promises of future promotion. if you were General Zeluzny… would you trust your American colleague you just met to know about your supplies? Troop numbers? Locations or even operational details? Are you nuts? Add NATO generals and Allies who work with other Allies? Does NATO keep secrets? Dam Son turn on the TV. How much would Russia pay or promise or what wouldn’t they do to get that kind of access? They wouldn’t threaten to expose your presidents finances? Polonium your tea? Kidnap your stupid teenage daughter?

It’s pre ww2 level opsec going on. It’s compartmrntslized like a giant intelligence op. Southern commanders don’t know about what’s going on or intended in north. I’m not sure the president even gets involved because he knows his entourage is target numero uno. He just gives general permissions, goals, and limitations. then They kick all but say 10 guys out and that’s it.

We might give a how the usa would do it with some imaginary us force, they might take parts of that but it’s 10 smart trust worthy guys and maybe 2 are westerners of proven value in strategy. Likely Retired. I can put some names out there but won’t. I don’t know for sure. And there are some it modeling geeks but they are Ukrainians or adopted Ukrainians.
View Quote

Theres nothing you said I disagree with.  I imagine the Western contribution is to provide a zero fog of war picture of the threat.  "The enemy is very weak here, strong there"
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Its extremley sad what has happened to this place, this forum used to be a tight group of folks who supported each other even if we did not share the same views on things.  Now we get threats, called liberals, called the enemy. etc.. soros supporters, i can go on and on.  Ive been here a long time and i absolutely hate the way it is here now. Ive known alot of the guys here for awhile and shared alot of funny memories and good times... I now have the same guys trash me due to my stance on Ukraine, been called a piece of shit by the same guys, called a democrat, liberal, and I am a staunch Biden voter and shit like that... I just sit here like wtf? what the fuck is going on?? ..
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Couple of things that made me go hmmmmm. Things may be brewing (or they might not)
View Quote

I hope something happens in that direction. Zaporozhye is getting hammered. Last night another attack of 7 missiles.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/liveblog/2022/10/6/russia-ukraine-live-news-deadly-shelling-rocks-zaporizhzhia
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Fingers crossed.

Could be a feint to keep them from reinforcing the defense of Nova Kakhovka.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

I'd assumed it was dummy/training ammo (but not obviously marked as such for some strange Russian reason).

I would not be a happy camper getting issued wooden guns and dummy ammo in a hot AO.

Russian army is clownshoes.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I hope something happens in that direction. Zaporozhye is getting hammered. Last night another attack of 7 missiles.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20221006_125419_jpg-2552397.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20221006_125532_jpg-2552399.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20221006_125604_jpg-2552400.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2022-10-06-12-56-18-039_com_i-2552401.JPG

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/liveblog/2022/10/6/russia-ukraine-live-news-deadly-shelling-rocks-zaporizhzhia

I saw some similar images earlier. I hope the orcs get smashed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:17:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLurker] [#26]

Apparently fleeing from Lyman, losing a ton of territory, and abandoning enough armour to a division of the UA army was the plan all along...

shoes (both their media, and their army)
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

Sorry to hear that. I've lost a few friends over this whole mess, received threats from other sources. For what it's worth, thanks for standing up for Ukraine. I don't really have the option to be indifferent since it's our home here. As an American I can leave, but I have others that don't want to, or medically can't tolerate the travel. We keep our heads up and enjoy every moment we can.

I hope some of you guys make it out here after this is all over. It is truly a place worth visiting at least once. The first time I came here I couldn't stop thinking about coming back. Now I pray for the peace to return to everyone here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Watch til the end
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
No offense...

But its the same as it ever was.

Hot topics bring out the knives, always has. The hotter the topic the sharper the knife.

For example, photoshop a face onto an internet meme and the next thing you know a porch is on fire and people are calling places of employment saying there are kiddy pics on computers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#31]

View Quote
Worst of all, in another thread I was called a boomer for supporting UA.

Im 34
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Silence:
No offense...

Hot topics bring out the knives, always has. The hotter the topic the sharper the knife.

For example, photoshop a face onto an internet meme and the next thing you know a porch is on fire and people are calling places of employment saying there are kiddy pics on computers.
View All Quotes

No offense...

Your experience has been different than mine. People have lost their minds in the last several years.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:07:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YoungPatriot] [#34]

View All Quotes

Count me in as another conservative who is a staunch supporter of Ukraine’s right to self-defense.  I don’t get the Putin sympathies on the right.  Nor do I understand why people are so quick to brand someone’s support for Ukraine and agreement with providing weapons and resources as some embrace of liberal policies and approval of Biden.  Not everything is black and white.  Not ever act a Democrat or Republican admin takes is right or wrong.  Some things we all should be able to agree upon and preventing Russia from gross land grabs premised on fictions and carried out through human rights violations seems worthwhile all around.  I get that there are complexities to UK’s past and this admin, questions about corruption, etc., but at the end of the day, none of that seems to change the base assessment that supporting UK is both morally sound and sensible from a geopolitical standpoint.  

Anyway, all of this is to say, I hear your frustration.  You are not alone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I completely agree.  And I don't think it's ever going to change "back".  I joined this site 10 years ago, and I lurked on and off for a few years before that.  

When I joined this site I would have described it as a site about ARs, the 2A and firearms in general with a strongly conservative political slant.  Now I think site is more about far right conspiracy theories and anger at everything than it is about the 2A or guns.  

The world has fundamentally changed in the past 5 years or so, and this has broken a lot of the people who are on this site.  People who would have told you they were tough, indepenent resilient people weren't.  They were fragile.  And they broke.  

Threads about this conflict, about a major land war in Europe, are a great example of how completely broken so many people are now.  They cannot view anything with a critical lens.  Everything that happens is viewed based on their extreme political tribalism.  

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little "general discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I completely agree.  And I don't think it's ever going to change "back".  I joined this site 10 years ago, and I lurked on and off for a few years before that.  

When I joined this site I would have described it as a site about ARs, the 2A and firearms in general with a strongly conservative political slant.  Now I think site is more about far right conspiracy theories and anger at everything than it is about the 2A or guns.  

The world has fundamentally changed in the past 5 years or so, and this has broken a lot of the people who are on this site.  People who would have told you they were tough, indepenent resilient people weren't.  They were fragile.  And they broke.  

Threads about this conflict, about a major land war in Europe, are a great example of how completely broken so many people are now.  They cannot view anything with a critical lens.  Everything that happens is viewed based on their extreme political tribalism.  

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little "general discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

View All Quotes

Tribalism and militant-level contrarianism. Critical thinking is dead.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Expecting this to be disproven by the end of the day.
LPR will be able to repel a possible attack of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Svatovo and Kremennaya, the Ministry of Internal Affairs said
https://ria.ru/20221006/lnr-1821960029.html

MOSCOW, Oct. 6 - RIA Novosti. The forces and means are sufficient to repel a possible attempt by Ukrainian troops to break through the defense line in the area of Svatovo and Kremenna, Said on Thursday, LPR Police Colonel Vitaly Kiselev.

"We have enough forces and weapons to repel this attack," Kiselyov said on Channel One. According to him, the situation on the line of combat contact continues to be extremely difficult, but reinforcements are "constantly approaching."

The situation in the Krasno Liman direction remains tense after the withdrawal of Russian troops from Krasny Liman.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:28:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Waldo] [#39]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

View All Quotes

Militant-level contrarianism is right.  If later today Joe Biden gave a speech where he said the two things every American male should love are shooting AR-15s and getting blowjobs, we'd see a bunch of threads about how AR-15s and blowjobs were liberal conspiracies designed by the globalists.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:30:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]
Translation requested.
https://t.me/supernova_plus/12474

And while you're at it- these "serious crimes" might just be leaving.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

I just kind of figured the whole crew wanted to surrender. Kind of hard to keep your plan a secret.

Hey, we're just taking a drive around the countryside, be back in a while.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Uhhh…If you and a couple of friends set up a pre-negotiated surrender, what are the chances you want a full load of infantry with you?

I just kind of figured the whole crew wanted to surrender. Kind of hard to keep your plan a secret.

Hey, we're just taking a drive around the countryside, be back in a while.

Mayber the dismounts woke up in their trash pit that doubles as field quarters and realized the APC was gone
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:36:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#43]

View All Quotes

There was a time when the total nutcases were run out of this place pretty quickly, and the ones that were just a little kooky everyone rolled their eyes at and mostly ignored.  Now this place attracts the lunatic fringe in large numbers, and they’re protected.  This is less of a gun website and more of a den of super militant misanthropic conspiratards that think they’re “free thinkers”.  Fifteen years ago, if I saw a BFL on someone I’d probably have introduced myself. Now, I’d almost certainly steer clear.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, now that we're all hungry for slavic won tons and dumpling stew what're the odds that the Ukrainians are going to open a new axis of attack on Melitipol?

View Quote

I forwarded the recipes to my son, so hopefully, I can try some without having to do any work myself.

I've been looking at the Melitopol area. I think I said back in August that a successful attack through Melitopol could almost be a war-winner politically, splitting the land bridge.  It's pretty obvious that Putin only has two objectives left on the table: Own the Donbas, and own a land bridge to Crimea. (I doubt he admits that keeping ownership of Crimea is even a question.).  And the Ukrainians can't look forward to an offensive crossing the lower Dnepr. Maybe unless circumstances take that dam/bridge at Nova K in the current confusion. It's not a great distance to Melitopol and you have the active partisans there to help.

So far though, the Ukrainians have been very conservative in their offensive strategy. They've avoided any deep breakthroughs straight into enemy territory where they have to defend flanks on opposite sides. It's worked for them well. I wonder if they would prefer to attack along the southern side of the reservoir where they would only have one flank. That would run into the nuclear power plant and that runs its own set of risks.

I notice that the defending Russians on the Melitopol axis are heavy in naval infantry units that haven't been heavily engaged. In the current Russian state, they might be some of their best remaining units.

It's an interesting question. It probably depends on what happens around Kherson. The Ukrainians might just not have enough resources (combat or support) for three simultaneous offensives.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

There was a time when the total nutcases were run out of this place pretty quickly, and the ones that were just a little kooky everyone rolled their eyes at and mostly ignored.  Now this place attracts the lunatic fringe in large numbers, and they’re protected.  This is less of a gun website and more of a den of super militant misanthropic conspiratards that think they’re “free thinkers”.  Fifteen years ago, if I saw a BFL on someone I’d probably have introduced myself. Now, I’d almost certainly steer clear.
View Quote

Da fuq are you saying? You're in GD. It's been a long time since GD was about guns. FFS this website is not super militant you just want it to be. Sometimes the world just passes you by.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

The exact same thing...but in real life
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#47]
No offense...

View Quote

Arock?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

As I'm sure you are aware, the reverse is also true.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MikeS369:

Da fuq are you saying? You're in GD. It's been a long time since GD was about guns. FFS this website is not super militant you just want it to be. Sometimes the world just passes you by.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeS369:
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

There was a time when the total nutcases were run out of this place pretty quickly, and the ones that were just a little kooky everyone rolled their eyes at and mostly ignored.  Now this place attracts the lunatic fringe in large numbers, and they're protected.  This is less of a gun website and more of a den of super militant misanthropic conspiratards that think they're "free thinkers".  Fifteen years ago, if I saw a BFL on someone I'd probably have introduced myself. Now, I'd almost certainly steer clear.

LOL, ok.
militant m l  -t nt
adjective
Fighting or warring.
Having a combative character; aggressive, especially in the service of a cause.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

But then why hasn’t Zelensky eaten a cruise missile? Why hasn’t Kiev been subject to massive bombing?

I thought it was bascially courtesy psyop. Ton of create a martyr etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

This is a message.

I mean, I get the sentiment considering our ties, but Russia put hit squads in Kyiv trying to assassinate and decapitate the government. They had kill lists of regular citizens and civil servants for areas they were trying to occupy. She and her father were legitimate targets, and it isn't remotely a "stoop to their level situation" IMO.

ETA  Also, if we wanted to send a message it could have, and should have, been done privately or in back channels. Instead they leaked it to NYT and handed Russia a solid piece of propaganda. Smells more like a butthurt underling leaked it  or something.

But then why hasn’t Zelensky eaten a cruise missile? Why hasn’t Kiev been subject to massive bombing?

I thought it was bascially courtesy psyop. Ton of create a martyr etc.

“It’s classified” is the only official answer.

There were rumors that a high-level FSB source tipped off Zelensky as to the 300 or so Wagner infiltrators who Putin sent to assassinate Zelensky very early in the war. That’s the rumor anyway.

Who did this?  If the person is known in Russia, they are surely dead by now.

Why would someone do that?  Who knows why?

Or - if any of this happened at all:

- maybe a power with surveillance capability (like maybe a Western power) intercepted communications about the planned assassination, and maybe they shared it with another intelligence group like maybe an agency or something, who tipped off Zelensky, and:

- they blamed it on a non-existant FSB mole, just to f**k with the FSB and spread paranoia.

But this is all just speculation, of course.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2728 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top