Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 274 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
You can see the SAM go up at 0:23

https://t.co/2uSQkPK4EADoes this sound like a cruise missile?— theroomofinternalconflict (@theroomofgod1) February 25, 2022

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Ftheroomofgod1%2Fstatus%2F1497044848964038663&widget=Tweet
View Quote

Hmm, time of flight seems a bit too long from that video - 23ish seconds?  Not sure that was the SAM that got it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TallyGator:

FWIW their reporter said a deputy Ukrainian interior minister told him that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well now what I said earlier is in doubt.

Same guy would probably say russia was also helping Trump screw over hillary.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Not a bear.  A jet of some kind.

View Quote

I’m putting money on a Malaysian Airlines plane.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I’m putting money on a Malaysian Airlines plane.
View Quote

One mystery solved
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I'm putting money on a Malaysian Airlines plane.
View Quote
Just as reasonable as several other guesses.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Fox now saying they have no idea what was shot down and by whom.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:

God damn the pain in his eyes brought me to tears.
View Quote
It's the Iraqis all over again.
George Bush 1 - Iraq must forge their own future. Stand up and we will stand beside you.
Iraqi citizens stood up and we did nothing... Saddams republican guard slaughtered them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By realwar:

That thing would launch well outside of Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

I'm going to sit here and keep hoping the Ukrainians hit the Blackjack jackpot.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Tu-160-1.jpg

That thing would launch well outside of Ukraine.

I figure if I'm going to dream, I should dream big.

A Tu-22 makes the most sense, though:

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thesilvercord] [#9]
Fox News is now saying what we know: mixed reports regarding whose plane it was or if it was even a plane.

Also saying Russian troops are <20 miles outside of Kyiv and moving towards Kyiv.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By duneriderltr450:
It was a DJI Mavic Drone that was shot down.
View Quote

This is most plausible right now
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Russia isn't even cut off from SWIFT.  All of these NATO meetings are just bullshit posturing for internal PR purposes.
View Quote

If we cut off Russia from SWIFT we should just launch a first strike. Even during the Cold war, during the Cuban Missile crisis, war in Angola, Grenada, Vietnam, Afghanista, Georgia, Iraq on and on neither the Soviets/Russians or US went after common rails, like energy or financial.

We don't like it but this is how the big boys, fight and yes it means little people get ground up in the gears of geopolitics, and countries like Ukraine and Cuba get shuffled around like little chess pieces.

I think the last thing we need to do is escalate this any further, we should be concerned with reinforcing NATO countries, and just pouring as much hardware forward to make it clear to Putin he may get Ukraine but this is it. Cutting him off from SWIFT wont do shit except force him to retaliate with direct attacks on our banking and financials, or pull oil of the market, just go for broke.

Again, if Biden wasn't a fuck up, what he should be doing is offering waiving every fee/tax or obstacle to oil drillers, and pipelines in the US, he should negotiating with the Saudis to flood the oil market. Fuck he should put Jared Kushner on a plane with 1 billion dollars, and a fleet of Plaid Teslas, to get MBS to pump oil. MBS doesnt want a nuclear war either. Biden/Blinken are major fuck up.  Driving the price of oil down to $50 or less, would take billions out Putin's pocket and would fix inflation. Our Oil producers can produce oil at $35/ and we could subsidize them if we have to get it lower. This will take cash right out Russia.

You can see that right now the US is a deer in the headlights.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
It was one of them ufo’s that was shot down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
All this debate over either a Russkie or Ukrainian jet tells me nobody really knows what is going on.
View Quote

I'm going with Roosky.  And I don't care if it popped flares or what hit it.  Mark one up for the good guys!
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

FWIW it's a CNN reporter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By duneriderltr450:
It was a DJI Mavic Drone that was shot down.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Getting close to daybreak.  Sure seems like a lot less action tonight. We haven't seen nearly the amount of missile or rocket attacks tonight thankfully.  This could be due to Russian air superiority though and they are just waiting on ground forces to make their way to Kyiv - which it sou6like they are getting close. I hope Ukraine is finding ways to get guns and molotov cocktails in every person's hands.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#17]
This is apparently the jet of the ace Ukraine pilot nicknamed "The Ghost of Kyiv" who downed SIX Russian aircraft during the first day of fighting.

Video
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

View All Quotes

It was his brothers sisters former roommate, I heard.

Or it Col mustard in the dining room w/the candlestick.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kncook:

It seemed to pop flares though. Cruise missiles don't pop flares
View Quote
you're mistaking burning debris for flares. and there wouldn't be flares for a radar guided SAM; it would be chaff
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Well... Why do you continue fucking willfully stupid people then?  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RigorMortie:
'Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don't see anyone. Everyone is afraid': Ukraine's Zelensky rages at NATO for leaving his countrymen 'alone' to fight Russia - with fears Kyiv will fall in 96 hours and scores killed on Day 1 of Europe's new war

Video

Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky has raged at Western cowards after his country was 'left alone' to face Russian troops as officials warn that Kyiv will be seized this weekend.

In a video address to his nation after midnight, the president called his fallen compatriots 'heroes' after 137 were killed on the first day of fighting, and insisted he will stay until the bitter end.

He said: 'They're killing people and turning peaceful cities into military targets. It's foul and will never be forgiven.

'We have been left alone to defend our state. Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don't see anyone.

'Who is ready to give Ukraine a guarantee of NATO membership? Everyone is afraid.'

He added that the enemy has already entered Kyiv and urged residents to be vigilant and observe curfew rules, acknowledging he was 'target number one'.

The Ukrainian capital is expected to be surrounded by Russian forces this weekend and the country's resistance effectively crippled, US security officials fear.  

Troops are already closing in on the seat of Ukrainian power after taking control of the strategic Chernobyl nuclear power plant today, and will seize it within 96 hours, bringing a 'new Iron Curtain' down on Europe, Zelensky warned.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Vladimir Putin plans to encircle Ukrainian forces in Kyiv and force them to either surrender or be destroyed, and the leadership of Ukraine could then fall in a week.

Continued

Lol. Maybe if he "allowed", "his people" to be armed BEFORE he found himself to be target #1, you wouldn't be cursing God while crying for the piece of shit responsible for leaving "his people" defenseless.
So much up in your face to be learned here, yet the blind remain blind.

Im so sick of fucking people who are so willfully stupid.

Because those are the only ones who will fuck him.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#22]

You can use that screenshot for Taiwan.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:50:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#23]
It would be a good idea to go on and invade Venezuela and Cuba so Russia doesn’t do a Cuban Missile crisis 2.0
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#24]
This is apparently the jet of the ace Ukraine pilot nicknamed "The Ghost of Kyiv" who downed SIX Russian aircraft during the first day of fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjbr6qhGPA

https://preview.redd.it/o8op4t01mvj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c122974fec24735f70c89eca6f66dc925377ac3b

Video
View Quote

Naw. Just twitter rumors
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goodn] [#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RigorMortie:
'Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don't see anyone. Everyone is afraid': Ukraine's Zelensky rages at NATO for leaving his countrymen 'alone' to fight Russia - with fears Kyiv will fall in 96 hours and scores killed on Day 1 of Europe's new war

Video

Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky has raged at Western cowards after his country was 'left alone' to face Russian troops as officials warn that Kyiv will be seized this weekend.

In a video address to his nation after midnight, the president called his fallen compatriots 'heroes' after 137 were killed on the first day of fighting, and insisted he will stay until the bitter end.

He said: 'They're killing people and turning peaceful cities into military targets. It's foul and will never be forgiven.

'We have been left alone to defend our state. Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don't see anyone.

'Who is ready to give Ukraine a guarantee of NATO membership? Everyone is afraid.'

He added that the enemy has already entered Kyiv and urged residents to be vigilant and observe curfew rules, acknowledging he was 'target number one'.

The Ukrainian capital is expected to be surrounded by Russian forces this weekend and the country's resistance effectively crippled, US security officials fear.  

Troops are already closing in on the seat of Ukrainian power after taking control of the strategic Chernobyl nuclear power plant today, and will seize it within 96 hours, bringing a 'new Iron Curtain' down on Europe, Zelensky warned.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Vladimir Putin plans to encircle Ukrainian forces in Kyiv and force them to either surrender or be destroyed, and the leadership of Ukraine could then fall in a week.

Continued

Lol. Maybe if he "allowed", "his people" to be armed BEFORE he found himself to be target #1, you wouldn't be cursing God while crying for the piece of shit responsible for leaving "his people" defenseless.
So much up in your face to be learned here, yet the blind remain blind.

Im so sick of fucking people who are so willfully stupid.

Or is it because they take less effort?    
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#26]
it must have been the Ghost guy, that means he's now shot down 7 russian aircraft
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Does anyone believe these Fox talking heads saying this would all end if NATO said we wouldn't let Ukraine in?
View Quote

No. Its just Putins excuse. That midget wants power. He is probably dying.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

If we cut off Russia from SWIFT we should just launch a first strike. Even during the Cold war, during the Cuban Missile crisis, war in Angola, Grenada, Vietnam, Afghanista, Georgia, Iraq on and on neither the Soviets/Russians or US went after common rails, like energy or financial.

We don't like it but this is how the big boys, fight and yes it means little people get ground up in the gears of geopolitics, and countries like Ukraine and Cuba get shuffled around like little chess pieces.

I think the last thing we need to do is escalate this any further, we should be concerned with reinforcing NATO countries, and just pouring as much hardware forward to make it clear to Putin he may get Ukraine but this is it. Cutting him off from SWIFT wont do shit except force him to retaliate with direct attacks on our banking and financials, or pull oil of the market, just go for broke.

Again, if Biden wasn't a fuck up, what he should be doing is offering waiving every fee/tax or obstacle to oil drillers, and pipelines in the US, he should negotiating with the Saudis to flood the oil market. Fuck he should put Jared Kushner on a plane with 1 billion dollars, and a fleet of Plaid Teslas, to get MBS to pump oil. MBS doesnt want a nuclear war either. Biden/Blinken are major fuck up.  Driving the price of oil down to $50 or less, would take billions out Putin's pocket and would fix inflation. Our Oil producers can produce oil at $35/ and we could subsidize them if we have to get it lower. This will take cash right out Russia.

View Quote

They aren't fuckups. They are consciously working against or own interests.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RainierV:

They have S400s in Belarus and Buks traveling with Russian troop columns.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Feed someone just posted has a reporter stating it was a Ukrainian SU-27 that was shot down by a SAM.

FUCK.

If true then Russian ADA is very close to Kyiv.

They have S400s in Belarus and Buks traveling with Russian troop columns.

That's what I was going to guess but people said they could see the missile take off in one video
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Fucking communist pricks
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By cpermd:
Are these numbers correct?

NATO has 4.5 million troops vs 850,000 Russians
NATO has over 1 billion population vs 144 million Russia
NATO spends over $1 trillion per year on defense vs $62 billion for Russia
NATO has a GDP of over $44 trillion vs $1.4 trillion Russia
Russia's economy is smaller than Canada's $1.6 trillion

NATO and Russia both have nukes
View Quote

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Why aren't we seeing it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:54:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By kncook:
It would be a good idea to go on and invade Venezuela and Cuba so Russia doesn’t do a Cuban Missile crisis 2.0
View Quote

Ya know, that is not a terrible idea. I hear Cuba has great beaches.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Russia isn't even cut off from SWIFT.  All of these NATO meetings are just bullshit posturing for internal PR purposes.

what he is doing instead ; Biden administration freezes new oil and gas drilling leases

I presume Nord Stream 1 is still pumping along, I can't find any mention of it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
it must have been the Ghost guy, that means he's now shot down 7 russian aircraft
View Quote

Since we don't need any confirmation or a shred of evidence let's make it a baker's dozen for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.
View Quote

Not weak physically...
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Why aren't we seeing it?
View All Quotes

Why aren't we seeing it?

I can hear birds singing and the loudest noise is car tires.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Just hit me,   earlier today 58Teague said Sumy had fallen.  The live cam below,  top left is Sumy.  Wonder if the Russians entered the city?  I haven't seen anything that would indicate much of a presence.  That road on the left seems to have plenty of traffic.  If they have,  I also don't hear much of an insurgency taking place.  I've had this stream up since around 9AM playing in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZebYm-nenY
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Since we don't need any confirmation or a shred of evidence let's make it a baker's dozen for shits and giggles.
View Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if its several pilots that they are lumping together as one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By merick:

what he is doing instead ; Biden administration freezes new oil and gas drilling leases

I presume Nord Stream 1 is still pumping along, I can't find any mention of it one way or the other.
View Quote

Just think every time you pump gas, a ruskie gets a new Ak-12
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I need someone to make the Rick from pawn stars saying he can't do college debt forgiveness, best he can do is free Crack pipes and ww3
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Not weak physically...
View All Quotes

Not weak physically...

I know. I wish there was a General Patten in charge of NATO.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I wouldn't be surprised if its several pilots that they are lumping together as one.
View All Quotes

It's actually more likely it's all propaganda.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

Yeah possibly.

It's a great motivating story, but I ain't buying it without a bit of evidence. I can take a picture of a Hornet and make up stories about it too lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

I was thinking the same thing and I wouldn't blame them a bit. Having a hero is a useful thing in times like this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
It's actually more likely it's all propaganda.
View Quote
And that is entirely possible also
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Why aren't we seeing it?
View All Quotes

Why aren't we seeing it?

Kyiv is a big city and we are looking at what, 2-4 cameras?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Why aren't we seeing it?

We should be hearing it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

He's a common mafia boss. He probably jerks of into the mirror every morning, because he can only get hard on his own face.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 274 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top