Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 275 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Being from Cincinnati, got to have a little hometown pride when I can. Genuinely didn't know our sister city was Kharkiv until now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kncook:
Some people are questioning if it’s a Russian AN-2 they converted to be a drone and draw out SAMs. I didn’t realize that was a thing.
View Quote

if so we should see counter strike by now, no?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mancow:

They aren't fuckups. They are consciously working against or own interests.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

If we cut off Russia from SWIFT we should just launch a first strike. Even during the Cold war, during the Cuban Missile crisis, war in Angola, Grenada, Vietnam, Afghanista, Georgia, Iraq on and on neither the Soviets/Russians or US went after common rails, like energy or financial.

We don't like it but this is how the big boys, fight and yes it means little people get ground up in the gears of geopolitics, and countries like Ukraine and Cuba get shuffled around like little chess pieces.

I think the last thing we need to do is escalate this any further, we should be concerned with reinforcing NATO countries, and just pouring as much hardware forward to make it clear to Putin he may get Ukraine but this is it. Cutting him off from SWIFT wont do shit except force him to retaliate with direct attacks on our banking and financials, or pull oil of the market, just go for broke.

Again, if Biden wasn't a fuck up, what he should be doing is offering waiving every fee/tax or obstacle to oil drillers, and pipelines in the US, he should negotiating with the Saudis to flood the oil market. Fuck he should put Jared Kushner on a plane with 1 billion dollars, and a fleet of Plaid Teslas, to get MBS to pump oil. MBS doesnt want a nuclear war either. Biden/Blinken are major fuck up.  Driving the price of oil down to $50 or less, would take billions out Putin's pocket and would fix inflation. Our Oil producers can produce oil at $35/ and we could subsidize them if we have to get it lower. This will take cash right out Russia.

You can see that right now the US is a deer in the headlights.

This.  Obama and Biden have intentionally hamstrung domestic energy production as a policy, particularly targeting coal and oil.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

We've already heard at least 5 stories about what was shot down and by who. At this point I am just going to assume nobody knows what the fuck is happening.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
Ukrainian MP on Laura Ingrahm is saying that Ukraine shot down a Russkie fighter bomber in an air to air fight.

We've already heard at least 5 stories about what was shot down and by who. At this point I am just going to assume nobody knows what the fuck is happening.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Being from Cincinnati, got to have a little hometown pride when I can. Genuinely didn't know our sister city was Kharkiv until now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2022-02-24_22-57-55_jpg-2292299.JPG
View Quote

Lots of Ukrainian immigrants live in Cincinnati and the general Ohio area.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Translation:

View Quote
That's fucking crazy.  I can't imagine.  You just doing an exercise and your first indication its real is Boris getting his head canooed or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.
View Quote

Besides the nukes I'm really overestimated Russia after seeing this. The US would have them beat in a couple weeks at most.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Maybe? Just saw this, not sure if its the same one. It did sound like a cruise missile.

Ukraine's deputy defense ministry said that one missile was shot out of the sky by their anti-missile defense systems.

Another missile struck a residential building in the city, the government said.
View Quote

What are there anti missile defense systems?

Surely they don't have a surplus of S300 batteries at this point.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tstorms:

Whatever makes you get the feels. Reality sucks
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Unless there's a Raptor disguised as a MiG 29, the ghost is bullshit

You give the Russians too much credit. Entirely plausible.

No it's not

Russia stronk, Ukraine weak. Da comrade?

Whatever makes you get the feels. Reality sucks

How are you so plugged in that you know the reality of the situation when everyone else is admittedly only speculating?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#10]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2022-02-24_22-57-55_jpg-2292299.JPG
View Quote

Dallas did that too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

Kyiv is a big city and we are looking at what, 2-4 cameras?
View All Quotes

Why aren't we seeing it?

I'm hearing jets all over the feeds with my headphones plugged into a Scarlett 2i2 and running an EQ program.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

*Putin looking at picture scratching chin*  Blyat!  That ones a new target for a nuke!  *Putin looking at picture scratching chin*
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

Besides the nukes I'm really overestimated Russia after seeing this. The US would have them beat in a couple weeks at most.
View Quote

Right up until Putin launches small yield tactical nukes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#14]

If we cut off Russia from SWIFT we should just launch a first strike.
Even during the Cold war, during the Cuban Missile crisis, war in Angola, Grenada, Vietnam, Afghanista, Georgia, Iraq on and on neither the Soviets/Russians or US went after common rails, like energy or financial.

View Quote

But why

All SWIFT is is a secure messaging system between financial institutions. It’s doesn’t actually move and money.

It’s like a promissory note email message to speed things up, a bank to bank guarantee the money is on its way thru normal current bank to bank transfer method, if you will.

That’s it. It’s not a balance holding account.

SWIFT is not the only financial messaging system, there are a few others.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050515/how-swift-system-works.asp

As powerful as SWIFT is, keep in mind that it is only a messaging system. SWIFT does not hold any funds or securities, nor does it manage client accounts

Although there are other message services like Fedwire, Ripple, and Clearing House Interbank Payments System (CHIPS), SWIFT continues to retain its dominant position in the market. Its success is attributed to how it continually adds new message codes to transmit different financial transactions

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
It's actually more likely it's all propaganda.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Since we don't need any confirmation or a shred of evidence let's make it a baker's dozen for shits and giggles.
I wouldn't be surprised if its several pilots that they are lumping together as one.
It's actually more likely it's all propaganda.

I saw video of at least 2 Russian choppers shot down that they claim are from A-A kills.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I was thinking the same thing and I wouldn't blame them a bit. Having a hero is a useful thing in times like this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Since we don't need any confirmation or a shred of evidence let's make it a baker's dozen for shits and giggles.
I wouldn't be surprised if its several pilots that they are lumping together as one.

I was thinking the same thing and I wouldn't blame them a bit. Having a hero is a useful thing in times like this.

Reminds me of that movie about the WWII Russian sniper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.
View Quote

Well, then it's going to be easy to take care of this problem.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I bet more people get shot tonight in Ohio than Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Lets hope its true.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

The only reason they can pull this operation off is because it’s next door and they committed most of their conventional forces to it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

I'll take that bet and raise you Chicago!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm hearing jets all over the feeds with my headphones plugged into a Scarlett 2i2 and running an EQ program.
View All Quotes

Why aren't we seeing it?

Same here.  Not constant.  But frequent.   You can hear it without headphones but it sounds like loud road traffic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By merick:

what he is doing instead ; Biden administration freezes new oil and gas drilling leases

I presume Nord Stream 1 is still pumping along, I can't find any mention of it one way or the other.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drakich:

Russia isn't even cut off from SWIFT.  All of these NATO meetings are just bullshit posturing for internal PR purposes.

If we cut off Russia from SWIFT we should just launch a first strike. Even during the Cold war, during the Cuban Missile crisis, war in Angola, Grenada, Vietnam, Afghanista, Georgia, Iraq on and on neither the Soviets/Russians or US went after common rails, like energy or financial.

We don't like it but this is how the big boys, fight and yes it means little people get ground up in the gears of geopolitics, and countries like Ukraine and Cuba get shuffled around like little chess pieces.

I think the last thing we need to do is escalate this any further, we should be concerned with reinforcing NATO countries, and just pouring as much hardware forward to make it clear to Putin he may get Ukraine but this is it. Cutting him off from SWIFT wont do shit except force him to retaliate with direct attacks on our banking and financials, or pull oil of the market, just go for broke.

Again, if Biden wasn't a fuck up, what he should be doing is offering waiving every fee/tax or obstacle to oil drillers, and pipelines in the US, he should negotiating with the Saudis to flood the oil market. Fuck he should put Jared Kushner on a plane with 1 billion dollars, and a fleet of Plaid Teslas, to get MBS to pump oil. MBS doesnt want a nuclear war either. Biden/Blinken are major fuck up.  Driving the price of oil down to $50 or less, would take billions out Putin's pocket and would fix inflation. Our Oil producers can produce oil at $35/ and we could subsidize them if we have to get it lower. This will take cash right out Russia.

what he is doing instead ; Biden administration freezes new oil and gas drilling leases

I presume Nord Stream 1 is still pumping along, I can't find any mention of it one way or the other.

Gas and oil lease freezes

Not surprised considering this whole shitshow is another oil/gas war that does nothing but hurt innocent people
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:10:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Lets hope its true.
View Quote

Good. Fuck Russia.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#26]
This is apparently the jet of the ace Ukraine pilot nicknamed "The Ghost of Kyiv" who downed SIX Russian aircraft during the first day of fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjbr6qhGPA

https://preview.redd.it/o8op4t01mvj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c122974fec24735f70c89eca6f66dc925377ac3b

Video
View Quote

Is this true or some sort of trumped up inspirational hero type story?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks to all who are contributing to this thread.

Could someone please link me to a real live stream of Kiev?

The stream I'm watching has 4 screens. 2 of them show Kiev with the sun rising.

2 of them show Kiev still in the middle of the night.

I mean yeah it's a big city but it ain't that fucking big!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#28]
This is apparently the jet of the ace Ukraine pilot nicknamed "The Ghost of Kyiv" who downed SIX Russian aircraft during the first day of fighting.

https://preview.redd.it/o8op4t01mvj81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c122974fec24735f70c89eca6f66dc925377ac3b

Video
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Lets hope its true.
View Quote
Rookie numbers. Got to pump those up in the next few days.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:11:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JSteensen:
To reiterate, cruise missiles don't pop flares immediately prior to hostile impact.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSteensen:

I'm thinking it was a 3M-54 Kalibr cruise missile. Huge warhead (1,100lb HE) Can travel up to 1,500 miles.
To reiterate, cruise missiles don't pop flares immediately prior to hostile impact.

Those were not flares. Why do people keep thinking any of that is flares??
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Maybe? Just saw this, not sure if its the same one. It did sound like a cruise missile.

Ukraine's deputy defense ministry said that one missile was shot out of the sky by their anti-missile defense systems.

Another missile struck a residential building in the city, the government said.

Wiki says they have 419 total S300, BUK, SA-3, and KUB mobile SAMs also 100 TOR mobile short range launchers and I assume reloads for all of them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I know. I wish there was a General Patten in charge of NATO.
View Quote

Was just thinking about this yesterday. Since you brought it up...

PATTON Introduction Speech Intro ( English )

He has to have been rolling in his grave for the past seven decades.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CTAC] [#33]
Originally Posted By Radio_Free_ARFCOM:

View Quote

Whats that link?  The one I'm on shows sumy and odessa the other 2 kiev.  Kiev gonna be hopping tomorrow...gonna need that link
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Now we see if the Russians attack at dawn like the indians like they did yesterday.

I'll never criticize stand-to ever again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the_narrator] [#35]

View Quote

nord stream 1 works just fine. nord stream 2 wasn’t slated to be final approval until august. I doubt this will send that date back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Zoolander - Crazy Pills (Will Ferrell)

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:

Video

We’ll find out after the war. In the meantime, I’m happy with the dead Russian airplanes (and hopefully pilots - let the fuckers burn).
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#38]

This.  Obama and Biden have intentionally hamstrung domestic energy production as a policy, particularly targeting coal and oil.
View All Quotes

Probably due to them wanting to get into the oil gas game

Hunter 10% for the big guy

Burisma oil and gas leases in the two eastern areas that Russia just recognized as independent before Putin kicked off this shitshow
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Hearing helicopters off in the distance in Kiev.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Maybe two are facing westerly and two are facing easterly?  

Maybe...  
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

They are different directions. Look again, it's getting lighter in all of them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:14:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum08] [#42]
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

The only reason they can pull this operation off is because it’s next door and they committed most of their conventional forces to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

AND because they can deter direct US intervention with a nuclear stockpile that matches our own. AND because our leadership is lacking.  

If some Russia didn’t have the nukes and we had competent leadership, we’d have turned Putin’s kingdom to glass by now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

Because it would be an Intel collection gold mine for its adversaries
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:
It appears to me that Russia isn’t really putting that much effort into this yet.  Why are they holding back? When are they going to unleash all there assets that they have built up for this?

Because it would be an Intel collection gold mine for its adversaries

Exactly right. They're wasting their old Cold War tech. Fulcrums and SU-25s are ancient. Those pilots that survive get combat experience. Those that don't... well... end up dead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Whats that link?  The one I'm on shows sumy and odessa the other 2 kiev.  Kiev gonna be hopping tomorrow...gonna need that link
View Quote
Ok That's what it is. I'm a dumbass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZebYm-nenY
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Lets hope its true.

The street fighting hasn’t even began. Even in the cities Russia has “captured” they are sitting around or outside it engaging conventional forces.

The meat grinder hasn’t started.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Ghost of Kyiv...

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Guessing the driver died.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 01ZULU:

But why

All SWIFT is is a secure messaging system between financial institutions. It’s doesn’t actually move and money.

It’s like a promissory note email message to speed things up, a bank to bank guarantee the money is on its way thru normal current bank to bank transfer method, if you will.

That’s it. It’s not a balance holding account.

SWIFT is not the only financial messaging system, there are a few others.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050515/how-swift-system-works.asp

As powerful as SWIFT is, keep in mind that it is only a messaging system. SWIFT does not hold any funds or securities, nor does it manage client accounts

Although there are other message services like Fedwire, Ripple, and Clearing House Interbank Payments System (CHIPS), SWIFT continues to retain its dominant position in the market. Its success is attributed to how it continually adds new message codes to transmit different financial transactions

View Quote

SWIFT cuts Russia out of the ability to transact in the international banking system. The impact would be felt at the business level, it would crush their GDP hard. We did this to Iran.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPNVm6lNfM&ab_channel=Politischios.gr
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 275 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top