Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 278 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/05A8435B-27FB-432A-AA75-7A5483755E8F_jpe-2292329.JPG

Dilly have you found any of these?
View Quote

I learned from a movie that you are supposed to toss them in a garbage truck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Remember when we were all talking about how long it would take Russia to get to Kyiv and it's not happening, well that was 2 days ago.

Feels like a long time, but it's shocking how fast Russia has pulled this off.

View Quote

Germans got a lot of places, sometimes very fast. Doesn't mean they held onto it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
"The Ghost of Kyiv" is going to be a bigger legend than the infamous Colonel Toom of North Vietnam's Air Force. He supposedly had 13 air to air victories over U.S. pilots, but was eventually shot down and killed by Duke Cunningham and Willie Driscoll on May 10, 1972. Most people now think "Toom" never existed and was actually a combination of several other pilots, who were also skilled, but probably a lesser rank than a colonel. Mythical stories like these have seemed to exist within every war that ever been fought. I think people have some sort of need to believe things like these, real or not. And I admit, it is a compelling story.
View Quote

That's the power of legends. They don't have to be real, they only need to be believable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Just made this one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:

People hesitated because they knew there was a good chance he’d pull the trigger.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/405927/128A0080-15E1-4609-B8D5-DF0342EB0783_jpe-2292340.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
Remember when Trump was going to start World War 3, because he vaporized Soleimani.  Funny 4 years of peace in Europe.  2019, golden days.

People hesitated because they knew there was a good chance he’d pull the trigger.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/405927/128A0080-15E1-4609-B8D5-DF0342EB0783_jpe-2292340.JPG

That’s why Trump was the best.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By oldbutspry:

The Russian performance is so lackluster so far that this event could be used to argue for cuts in military spending.
View Quote

Everyone involved, or potentially involved is at a fraction of their cold war peak numbers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Being from Cincinnati, got to have a little hometown pride when I can. Genuinely didn't know our sister city was Kharkiv until now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2022-02-24_22-57-55_jpg-2292299.JPG
View Quote

I love my city.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

View Quote

Thats a damn shame....

Anywho...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CoolioDot223:

Stop posting fake retarded bullshit. Jesus fucking Christ.
View Quote

Wasnt my post homie, but they are my opinions.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By renesis:
Not sure if this was posted or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHfxen6Jplg
View Quote

I don’t think you’ll see anyone complain over reposting the defiance of the personnel at Snake Island.  Those people should be remembered.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#13]
The Russian performance is so lackluster so far that this event could be used to argue for cuts in military spending.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Veccio:
I don't think so. For the amount of troops Russia committed and the fact they had Ukraine surrounded on 3 sides with 6 months of prep work, so far it's looking like a bunch of Russian buffoonery.
View Quote

To quote Winston Wolf, "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."

There's no evidence that Russia has actually put into play a significant portion of their amassed forces yet. 58Teague posted as much earlier today.

I don't want to say Russia is pulling punches but I will say they aren't hitting with the full force they are certainly capable of. I suspect because they don't want to turn Kyiv into Chechnya v2. Their intention is to reintegrate Ukraine, not wipe it from the face of the map

Exhibit A: Their grid square removal tool:

And that's not adding in the SRBMs or even chemical munitions they could be letting loose.

If that firepower was leveled against Ukrainian cities, we'd certainly know it. As of now, they seem to be attempting their drunken, ham fisted version of surgical strikes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
View Quote

You could die in a war.... or catch COVID.  Both reasons for level 4 do not travel.

Pretty similar risks

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:53:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwm1150] [#15]

View Quote

That island was not big enough to support their big brass balls
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Russia is fighting like a big, fat, drunken bully.  No skill, no courage, just bulk. Not even blessed with retard-strength.

Underwhelming.
View Quote
There's certainly no Shock and Awe in this campaign.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#18]

There's no evidence that Russia has actually put into play a significant portion of their amassed forces yet. 58Teague posted as much earlier today.

I don't want to say Russia is pulling punches but I will say they aren't hitting with the full force they are certainly capable of. I suspect because they don't want to turn Kyiv into Chechnya v2. Their intention is to reintegrate Ukraine, not wipe it from the face of the map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q91yFP9E9Yg

And that's not adding in the SRBMs or even chemical munitions they could be letting loose.

If that firepower was leveled against Ukrainian cities, we'd certainly know it. As of now, they seem to be attempting their drunken, ham fisted version of surgical strikes.
View Quote

Never works like that in the real world. They love to flex their armaments but as mentioned before they can’t afford to field half of it in any effective way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:55:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
View Quote
Hopefully more shocked and awe crap
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Eric Prince was on Tucker earlier tonight. He said the US is scheduled to decom 140 aircraft including A10's and other fighters. He suggested they could have been "loaned" to Ukraine with heavily skilled pilots earlier on (don't know if directly or indirectly). As a deterrent of course.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

That's the power of legends. They don't have to be real, they only need to be believable.
View Quote

Yep, it doesn’t matter if it’s real or not.  Every time there is a Ukrainian Fulcrum in the air there can be claims of “The Ghost is with us” and things like that can be one hell of a motivator.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#23]

I don’t think you’ll see anyone complain over reposting the defiance of the personnel at Snake Island.  Those people should be remembered.
View All Quotes

Indeed.  87% of GD’s toughguy internet commandos would do well to grow balls like those guys (and from the sound of it, girls) had.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#24]

People hesitated because they knew there was a good chance he'd pull the trigger.

View Quote

I'm a Trump fan, but I am going to call BS on that one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Pulled what off?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Remember when we were all talking about how long it would take Russia to get to Kyiv and it's not happening, well that was 2 days ago.

Feels like a long time, but it's shocking how fast Russia has pulled this off.

Pulled what off?

I have to agree. I am not overly impressed by what Russia has managed to accomplish thus far. They really have taken very little overall territory, and most of what they have taken is in areas where they have the greatest support in the far east and near Crimea.

Hell, Kyiv is what, about 90 miles from the border with Belarus? The Russian armored column that is supposedly "closing in" on Kyiv has still only covered about half of that distance and are now starting to meet fierce resistance. Their attempt to land an air assault brigade and seize an airfield near Kyiv turned into a disaster. And even if this force does make it to Kyiv, getting there and doing something with it once there are two very different things. You know Ukraine will defend their capital city with a ferocity unlike anything we've seen yet. A city of 2.88 million people, even if half or more have fled, is not going to be easy to take down or control. Any light infantry sent into the city will be vulnerable. Any armor sent into the city will downright be a sitting duck. And urban combat in general chews up and spits out the forces engaged in it.

And we don't fully know what Ukraine might have in reserve. They may be spread badly thin and fully engaged. But I would hope they've got a heavy brigade or two that is being held back as a reserve that can be used in a counterattack should forces try to seize Kyiv.

This fight is far from over. This war won't be over even if Kyiv falls. There are still large swaths of territory not under Russian control. I'd imagine Ukraine is still in control of 90% of its territory. And even if they capture most of the country, then comes the Iraq phase. IED's, small unit actions, ambushes, trying to deal with irregular forces that have the support and help of the local population. This then turns into another Afghanistan for them, where there will be few gains to make and few ways to gauge success. Instead, it will be a slow and steady stream of casualties and destroyed equipment. Days, weeks, months, years. The people will never totally give up. And you can bet your ass folks in the west will continue to ensure they get supplied with weapons, through Poland, Romania, Slovakia or some combination.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Yep, it doesn’t matter if it’s real or not.  Every time there is a Ukrainian Fulcrum in the air there can be claims of “The Ghost is with us” and things like that can be one hell of a motivator.
View Quote

Yup. Real or not, every person it gets to pick up a rifle helps.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Protolith:

Everyone involved, or potentially involved is at a fraction of their cold war peak numbers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Protolith:

I'm just saying that this doesn't look nearly as violent and overwhelming as I expected. I wouldn't expect the typical person to be overly distressed by the footage we have seen so far. So will European governments really increase their military spending?

Of course, things might escalate soon - we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Location of Ivankiv, where the bridge was blown up, in relation to Kyiv.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

God bless Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:59:24 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Veccio:
I don't think so. For the amount of troops Russia committed and the fact they had Ukraine surrounded on 3 sides with 6 months of prep work, so far it's looking like a bunch of Russian buffoonery.

It's hard to cleanly take over a country when you don't want to use the usual tactics of shelling cities and then raping the survivors.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:59:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#32]

Never works like that in the real world. They love to flex their armaments but as mentioned before they can’t afford to field half of it in any effective way.
View All Quotes

They've managed to move all of it into place, some from clear across their 11 time zones. Pressing the fire button really isn't that much of a stretch further.

Just hoping to keep overconfidence in check and the whole picture in perspective.

ETA: They are certainly not 10' tall and bulletproof but, they are a devious lot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By goneshootin:

Eric Prince was on Tucker earlier tonight. He said the US is scheduled to decom 140 aircraft including A10's and other fighters. He suggested they could have been "loaned" to Ukraine with heavily skilled pilots earlier on (don't know if directly or indirectly). As a deterrent of course.
View Quote

Yeah, I was thinking earlier that A10s with good pilots could turn a lot of this invasion into hash.
Ahh well, the old could have, should have.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

If that’s their intent, then they will not succeed.  I don’t think I met anyone in Kyiv who *wasn’t* at Maidan.  Can’t say I ever met anyone in or from any other part of Ukraine who intends to go into a brave new Russian-occupied future peacefully.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

That’s gorgeous
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Russia is fighting like a big, fat, drunken bully.  No skill, no courage, just bulk. Not even blessed with retard-strength.

Underwhelming.
View Quote

I'm glad to see you back posting in this thread. I always appreciate seeing and hearing your take on things military related.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#37]

I'm a Trump fan, but I am going to call BS on that one.
View Quote

It could be fake, for sure.  But the wording is in-line with what I would expect from the Mango Menace, so I’m leaving it at plausible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I really want to know if their paratroopers actually got chased out of the airport outside Kiev. That I want to know.

They've got like 6 times as many casualties, haven't accomplished anything of note, and then lost the airport to some Ukrainian reservists? Fucking mongoloid Russkie morons.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Easiest take over I have ever seen.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
"Quantity has a quality all its own"
View Quote
like lambs to the slaughter?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#41]

People hesitated because they knew there was a good chance he'd pull the trigger.

View Quote
Hope that one is real.  It sure explains a few things.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I saw these and thought they were worth sharing.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#43]
I really want to know if their paratroopers actually got chased out of the airport outside Kiev. That I want to know.

They've got like 6 times as many casualties, haven't accomplished anything of note, and then lost the airport to some Ukrainian reservists? Fucking mongoloid Russkie morons.
View Quote

It was Ukrainians version of the spetznaz that retook the airport not reservists.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#44]
BRAKEING!

MRE review is now out  

2021 Ukrainian 24 Hour Field Ration Review Pork Tushonka & Kasha MRE Meal Ready to Eat Tasting Test

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#45]

At least when WE attacked and conquered a sovereign nation, we did it in a way that made China and Russia say, "holy shit!"

Russia is a paper tiger.
View All Quotes

Underwhelming.

At least when WE attacked and conquered a sovereign nation, we did it in a way that made China and Russia say, "holy shit!"

Russia is a paper tiger.

I think the worst thing that happened in the invasion of Iraq was that they shot up an Apache unit that had to retreat, with one helicopter forced to crash land. And then there was that convoy that got hit with the girl who had to get rescued. Jessica Lynch?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

If that’s their intent, then they will not succeed.  I don’t think I met anyone in Kyiv who *wasn’t* at Maidan.  Can’t say I ever met anyone in or from any other part of Ukraine who intends to go into a brave new Russian-occupied future peacefully.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

No doubt but, we can only take Putin at his word, that the fall of the Soviet Union was a massive tragedy in his eyes and he's looking to right that historical wrong from his perspective.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#47]

I'm glad to see you back posting in this thread. I always appreciate seeing and hearing your take on things military related.
View All Quotes

Underwhelming.

And cigars.

And Puerto Rico
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Makes me wonder if there isn't some small degree of truth to the captured russians saying they were told it was a training jump? Who knows
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#49]
At this point, I hope he is a myth, because everybody in the Russian air force is going to be gunning for him now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:06:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:

Makes me wonder if there isn't some small degree of truth to the captured russians saying they were told it was a training jump? Who knows
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jm11513:

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 278 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top