Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 277 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Remember when we were all talking about how long it would take Russia to get to Kyiv and it's not happening, well that was 2 days ago.

Feels like a long time, but it's shocking how fast Russia has pulled this off.

View Quote

Pulled what off?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope they like Vodka.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The amount and intensity of the Russian cruise missile and SRBM attacks tonight were far less than the opening night, and mostly confined to around Kyiv. Granted, that might be because there are now less strategic targets to attack. Or it could be that Russia has a limited supply of these weapons. We still don't know for sure who that aircraft that was blasted from the sky belonged to, but it seems most sources are still saying it was Russian. If a Russian fighter jet was that low and slow over Kyiv, that is probably because it trying to drop "dumb" ordnance.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Which live feeds are you guys watching?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember when Trump was going to start World War 3, because he vaporized Soleimani.  Funny 4 years of peace in Europe.  2019, golden days.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:35:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mattpsky] [#6]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

“Help” the charities that funnel 5% of what you give people, you mean….
View Quote

At least one of those is vetted with no permanent employees only volunteers.  With less than a percent going to org costs.  But whatever man.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:35:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thesilvercord] [#7]

Attachment Attached File

Dilly have you found any of these?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

The "easy victory over the Russians" mistake has been repeated over and over throughout history.

Russia is still there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
Originally Posted By Rossi:
Originally Posted By jkitchen:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.

Besides the nukes I'm really overestimated Russia after seeing this. The US would have them beat in a couple weeks at most.

Several other invaders (Napoleon and Hitler come to mind) also thought the same.  No one wins a nuclear war, hence no one started one yet.  So, conventional war, I'd be very cautious about "easy victory" prognostics.

The "easy victory over the Russians" mistake has been repeated over and over throughout history.

Russia is still there.

Precisely.  People need to read more Sun Tzu.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

If they're really heading into Kiev, where a whole bunch of civilians were just given rifles, I'm sure the blood will flow soon enough.  

Now, the question is, if they start taking potshots from locals, how heavy handed do the Russians get in retaliation?
View Quote

I would think if Putin means to rule he does not want to see massive damage to civilian buildings but I am sure if Russians are taking fire they would put a tank round into anything to neutralize the threat.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
View Quote

I think a couple of those are headed back to the barn now, with replacements on the way out.  NCHOxx is the other call sign to watch for.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
The problem is a lack of heavy divisions due to everyone deciding that the Russians would never do something like this, and we should turn every army into COIN.  

Germany: 266 active tanks
France: 222 active tanks
UK: 227 active tanks

USA: 2,500
Russia: 2,800

So it's not that NATO is weak per se, but that the Europeans have neglected to have any significant ground component that could challenge an invasion like Putin is doing in Ukraine.
View Quote

Tanks are juicy targets for close air support, helicopter gunships, and anti-tank missiles.  Plus they have expensive and complicated logistics (spare parts, heavy ammunition, fuel).  Also worth nothing is that lots of Russia's tank force is cold war era.  Their tank force doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as it sounds on paper.  An opposing force with good anti-tank capability can chew them up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:37:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bassmaster27] [#12]
Any youtube live streams? If already posted what page?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Action45:

Can we just pause for a second and acknowledge that Vitali FUCKING Klitschko is the mayor? Awesome
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Action45:
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:

Can we just pause for a second and acknowledge that Vitali FUCKING Klitschko is the mayor? Awesome

I met him once.  Know several other folks who have too.  Nice guy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Crank up the volume..  It sounds like a tu95 bear.  You can hear the telltale sound of contra rotating props.    
View Quote

I'm not speculating on what the sound is, but just pointing out that An-22s use the same basic engines and 8-blade contra-rotating props that the TU-95 use.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Depends how you look at it.  I'm shocked they aren't already there given what we know was sitting on the border weeks ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTAC:
Remember when we were all talking about how long it would take Russia to get to Kyiv and it's not happening, well that was 2 days ago.

Feels like a long time, but it's shocking how fast Russia has pulled this off.

Depends how you look at it.  I'm shocked they aren't already there given what we know was sitting on the border weeks ago.
That airport is looking much more important now isnt it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm just watching this one, Kiev skyline
Live Camera from #Ukraine #Kyiv #Kiev #???? (DAY 19)
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
With all of the cell phones I am surprised we are not seeing more footage.

With tanks and APC rolling in I would think we would be seeing some burning after getting hit with the javelins we supplied.

FOX News just pissed me off big time. Shannon Bream is someone that I like but Bret Beir (sp) is a super douche. They were just making a joke about how Bill Hemmer does the board better. FYI the board is basically an electronic board that shows where Russia is attacking. That they would think this is funny is disgusting.
View Quote

To the failed actors called tv journalists this is all great fun. Its a drama filled moment with them right in the middle of everything. No surprise they are a bit giddy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

SWIFT cuts Russia out of the ability to transact in the international banking system. The impact would be felt at the business level, it would crush their GDP hard. We did this to Iran.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 01ZULU:

But why

All SWIFT is is a secure messaging system between financial institutions. It’s doesn’t actually move and money.

It’s like a promissory note email message to speed things up, a bank to bank guarantee the money is on its way thru normal current bank to bank transfer method, if you will.

That’s it. It’s not a balance holding account.

SWIFT is not the only financial messaging system, there are a few others.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050515/how-swift-system-works.asp

As powerful as SWIFT is, keep in mind that it is only a messaging system. SWIFT does not hold any funds or securities, nor does it manage client accounts

Although there are other message services like Fedwire, Ripple, and Clearing House Interbank Payments System (CHIPS), SWIFT continues to retain its dominant position in the market. Its success is attributed to how it continually adds new message codes to transmit different financial transactions

SWIFT cuts Russia out of the ability to transact in the international banking system. The impact would be felt at the business level, it would crush their GDP hard. We did this to Iran.

I figured it would just slow down international banking not stop it. With that being the case. There’s another side to consider as to why they won’t cut Russia from SWIFT

Just dig into this on a different direction based on your info about Iran.

Chevron is heavily invested in Russia oil and gas. Chevron won’t allow the potato to put a knot in that flow

Iran was working with China producing oil so they were a global competitor for Chevron. I’d think that would be why the SWIFT got cut from Iran

The more I look into the. Why. Of this whole thing. It always comes back to big oil and gas
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bassmaster27:
View Quote

NEMICO NETWORK on you tube - has like 7 feeds going....
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bassmaster27:
View Quote

I've had this one up most of the night, just some shots around Kiev.  Nothing terribly exciting except for that one mystery thing getting shot down earlier.
Live Camera from #Ukraine #Kyiv #Kiev #???? (DAY 19)
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:39:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/05A8435B-27FB-432A-AA75-7A5483755E8F_jpe-2292329.JPG

Dilly have you found any of these?
View Quote

😶
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Theoretically full blocking sanctions on banks are a bigger deal than cutting SWIFT access - you can work around not having SWIFT, it’s just a pain in the ass and slow, while blocking sanctions closes the correspondent accounts the banks have to use to make inter-bank transfers (because the funds get frozen if they hit a correspondent account in a country enforcing the sanctions).

The issue is that full blocking sanctions essentially stop the specifically named banks from transferring money, while cutting SWIFT access would make it a pain in the ass (although still possible with giant headaches) for any bank in Russia to transfer money.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Russia is fighting like a big, fat, drunken bully.  No skill, no courage, just bulk. Not even blessed with retard-strength.

Underwhelming.
View Quote

Man, thats a damning assessment when you say it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm thinking we should just take a page from Russia and China's own rulebook...station a bunch of "volunteer" fighters and SAM in Eastern Poland, start arming and training Ukrainian forces and supplement them (4 to 1 or so) with more "volunteers" and all the ammo and weapons they can use.  Of course, that would probably lead to WW3, but at the rate we're going, Putin is going to go for the Baltics anyway and dare us to stop him.  Certainly if he successfully seizes Ukraine with no significant penalties, he isn't going to sit back and say "cool, that's enough we're good now".

If only we had a historical example of appeasement and abandoning small countries to dictators going poorly for Europe that we could draw some lessons from...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

Many sunflowers were planted today.
View Quote

Good!  May many flowers grow where Russian bodies are layed down!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By unforgiventoo:

All I hear in the live video feeds are Fo Crows.

View Quote

Well I guess they will have to do. GEAUX Fo Crow
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Just heard a couple more explosions on the Kiev live cam
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Not sure if this was posted or not.

?? Russian War In Ukraine: Ukrainian Soldiers Last Words To Russian Warship In The Face Of Death
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Russia is fighting like a big, fat, drunken bully.  No skill, no courage, just bulk. Not even blessed with retard-strength.

Underwhelming.
View Quote

My thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#33]
more explosions in kyiv
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:43:55 AM EDT
[#34]
That boom sounded legit
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By renesis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHfxen6Jplg
View Quote

yea it has been, plenty
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By renesis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHfxen6Jplg
View Quote

Only the 10th time in a row now lol. Dupe of dupes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Iran didn't have China backing them up. Russia can survive a LONG time with the support of Russia. If we sanction China, then we screw ourselves.
View All Quotes

Iran didn't have China backing them up. Russia can survive a LONG time with the support of Russia. If we sanction China, then we screw ourselves.

China has had its fingers in Iran oil for a long time

I never made these connections before. Till this shit kicked off and I wanted to know. Why

GlockZens Iran pointer took me here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Iran

China signed a major agreement to buy oil and gas from Iran, as well as to develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field. The value of this contract was estimated at US$150 billion to US$200 billion over 25 years.[5][28] In 2009, China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) signed a deal with the National Iranian Oil Company whereby the former took ownership of a 70% stake upon promising to pay 90 percent of the development costs for the South Azadegan oil field, with the project needing investment of up to $2.5 billion. Earlier that year, CNPC also won a $2 billion deal to develop the first phase of the North Azadegan oilfield.[29]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Remember when Trump was going to start World War 3, because he vaporized Soleimani.  Funny 4 years of peace in Europe.  2019, golden days.
View Quote

People hesitated because they knew there was a good chance he’d pull the trigger.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Booms and Fo crows!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:45:55 AM EDT
[#40]
I heard a couple of distant explosions and an aircraft.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SolidState:
I'm just watching this one, Kiev skyline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPNVm6lNfM
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Ruskie aircraft inbound.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#43]
A very famous military man just went this to me:

Sent: Thu, Feb 24, 2022 2:36 pm
Subject: From a friend in Kiev

From a friend in Kiev:

latest news - ukrainian troops were able to destroy russian paratroopers in the airport near kiev.  the rumor is that we used a Tochka-U (look it up) - heavy rocket to shock them and move in quickly to clean up.  apparently, those were hard core troops and they all got wiped or dispersed.

ukrainian radio intercepts are indicating that russians are shocked with the level or resistance.  they were somehow convinced that eastern ukraine will be greeting them with flowers - instead they are getting wiped out.  russian speaking population hates them.  we are seeing lots of prisoners totally confused, lots of young kids.

southern flank is destroyed though...  russians are advancing quickly, but pockets of heavy resistance are quickly building behind their lines.  something that germans were experiencing in ww2.  their tanks are rolling through and immediately their supply lines are being attacked.  local population is not supporting them.  they were rolling in in columns into Kharkiv and a row of tanks was taken out by javelins.  

massive movement to sign up for the volunteer corps, there are line ups in all major cities.  fuckers underestimated us big time.

tomorrow is going to be all about kiev.  russian have only about four - five days, if they do not succeed, this will turn into a mess for them.

Those that know me here know I know people and have worked in the defense industry and gun industry for a LONG time.

View Quote

Ive got faith. Its a shame it took Ukraine this long to mobilize, but sounds like they are punching the bully in the face. I wish there was more we could do, these people didnt just roll over and die.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By m_lowlander:

NEMICO NETWORK on you tube - has like 7 feeds going....
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#45]
The problem is a lack of heavy divisions due to everyone deciding that the Russians would never do something like this, and we should turn every army into COIN.  

So it's not that NATO is weak per se, but that the Europeans have neglected to have any significant ground component that could challenge an invasion like Putin is doing in Ukraine.
View All Quotes

Thanks for posting this. Most on ARF love to keep saying how NATO is weak and Europe is weak when many of the top defense companies are in Europe: BAE, Airbus, Thales, Rheinmetall, Dassault, Naval Group,  Beretta Holding Group, Rolls Royce, Bofors/SAAB (Sweden, not a NATO country but Europe), etc. plus colossal U.S. defense companies: General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc.. But, people here think that all of Russia's military hardware cannot be challenged by the rest of the world - BULL F-ING SHIT. Work in the defense industry and you will see who has the best stuff.

NATO's population is about 950 million so yes very close to 1 billion. Canada's GDP is actually 2.2 trillion even it blows past Russia. We are watching the ONLY way Russia knows how to be great - act like a fucking mafia thug and gutter trash inner city robber.

In 2013, I attended a lecture by the Inspector of the Luftwaffe (chief of the German Air Force) about the use of armed and unarmed UAVs.  He talked for about an hour and exclusively spoke about how drones are and can be used in asymmetric conflicts. During the Q&A I asked him how the Luftwaffe saw drones being used in a conventional war.  He didn’t have an answer and stammered out something in bureaucrat about needing to look more into it
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Only the 10th time in a row now lol. Dupe of dupes.
View Quote
Worth dupe tho
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Jet, then more distant booms on Kyiv live feed
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dskeet:

I've had this one up most of the night, just some shots around Kiev.  Nothing terribly exciting except for that one mystery thing getting shot down earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPNVm6lNfM
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jal777:
Ruskie aircraft inbound.
View Quote

Ukraine still has aircraft in the air
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Underwhelming.
View Quote
"Quantity has a quality all its own"
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 277 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top