Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2818 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

So he wants to hold the grain exports up is what I'm getting from this.
View Quote
Yep.  Grain and gas are the pressure points.  Looks for "issues" on land based gas lines as well.  I'm shocked he hasn't targeted the various gas lines that run through Ukraine.

He's got nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

To create buzz in another direction to distract from major moves wrt the Twitter acquisition. He made major moves on that a few days later and so far, it appears to be working.  One is of critical importance to him, the other inconsequential.  It all looks completely logical from a Musk/SpaceX/Twitter perspective.

View Quote

Bingo.

Musk has some form of Aspergers. The line between genius and crazy is razor thin and they deal with things way different than normal people. Musk's way is logic. Easiest simplest way to solve a problem.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I figured it was inevitable as payback for Syria but in a way I'm still surprised. That being said sounds good to me
View Quote
How long until the Chinese show up?

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]
CAP with Harpoons on Modified Mig 29s and SU27s for grain shipments.

Sink the Russian ships bold enough to come play.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

A NGO dedicated to overthrowing/fighting .govs stationed in DC and founded by a dude who fought to remove Gaddafi?

Totally not a CIA/DoD asset
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Russia using kamikaze drones

Russia destroys Ukrainian tanks and weapons with kamikaze drones
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:45:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#7]

I figured it was inevitable as payback for Syria but in a way I’m still surprised. That being said sounds good to me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ubaddog:

I really like the sound of the phrase " Ukrainians killing Iranians. " rolls off the tongue like a chorus in a hit pop song.

War war war
Ukrainians killing Iranians
Yeah ya ya
Ukrainians killing Iranians
We need more.
Ukrainians killing Iranians.

I figured it was inevitable as payback for Syria but in a way I’m still surprised. That being said sounds good to me

There is actually an Iranian/Persian DNA connection to Ukrainians. A large nomadic Iranian tribe settled in many parts of Ukraine called the Sythians. More info here: http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages%5CS%5CC%5CScythians.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]

This smells like bullshit. A quick check confirms it’s bullshit. Yep, it’s bullshit.

Frankly, it’s difficult to accept that folks could believe it to be true if they took 2 minutes to look at WHO is posting this story all over. And to give it a moment of critical thought. But here we are.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Big debate on whether it's true or not.

This smells like bullshit. A quick check confirms it’s bullshit. Yep, it’s bullshit.

Frankly, it’s difficult to accept that folks could believe it to be true if they took 2 minutes to look at WHO is posting this story all over. And to give it a moment of critical thought. But here we are.  

Apparently it came from a Qtard parody account. Rather sad that anyone actually believed it was true.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Apparently it came from a Qtard parody account. Rather sad that anyone actually believed it was true.
View Quote
We had people believing US Special Forces raided a German server farm the day after the 2020 election, and that the Pope was under house arrest.   Unfortunately the left doesn't hold a monopoly on gullibility.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#11]

A NGO dedicated to overthrowing/fighting .govs stationed in DC and founded by a dude who fought to remove Gaddafi?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Wow, holy shit, if anyone wants to have a few minutes entertainment, go check out the Sons of Liberty International website, and their founder, the poster of this tweet.

Dude was either not made for this world, or he's as Looney as a Tune, or both.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

Fought in Libya yeah, but not before doing a "Motorcycle Diaries" style tour across North Africa and the Middle East, then deciding being a "war reporter" would be a good way to make some pocket money.

If he were working for the US, they should ask themselves what they were getting for their money for the last 15 years, aside from some good stories. I think the guy has issues.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, the conservatards will be pushing Gabbard again today as she pushes more Kremlin narrative:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11308913/Tulsi-Gabbard-imminent-threat-World-War-III.html
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

There is actually an Iranian/Persian DNA connection to Ukrainians. A large nomadic Iranian tribe settled in many parts of Ukraine called the Sythians. More info here: http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages%5CS%5CC%5CScythians.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians
View Quote

Would explain the looks of a few Ukrainian women I see. I’ve noticed not all Ukrainian women look exactly the same. Big country of course.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By xd341:
How long until the Chinese show up?

View Quote

I suspect they have indirectly. They provide parts and tech advice to Iran who acts as go between and who get the blame.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Prime:
They’re either learning or too lazy to get those weird flat boxes out of the way before they set stuff down.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe9OrtfWIAE8GKs?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe9l90FXwAIOtVn?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

The MT-LB does not seem to get much respect on Arfcom.  

OTOH, Ukraine’s “mud season” approaches and anything with tracks will probably help the Ukrainians get around, even if the MT-LB is not a great fighting vehicle:  sure - it’s old:  it’s roots lie in the 1950s.

This is the Wiki history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT-LB

Here is an AA version:

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:58:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#16]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Given the billions and billions that the Biden administration is throwing at Ukraine, it would be pocket change for them to reimburse Musk for his cost.

But they hate Soon Musk, and he doesn't play by their usual rules, so they'd rather fuck him.  
View Quote

Plus Twitter didn’t improve his status among the Democrats
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ricko1:
It needs its own BREAKING NEWS thread in GD just to watch the hilarity  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Done. I added a clarification message.
It needs its own BREAKING NEWS thread in GD just to watch the hilarity  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Cunts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:07:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#22]

Yeah, there are a number of reasons they hate him.
View All Quotes

Plus Twitter didn't improve his status among the Democrats

Yeah, there are a number of reasons they hate him.

To be fair, he really did step on his dick on twitter so he didn't do himself any favors.

ETA not that it excuses him not being paid for his services of course.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Close.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

May she live a thousand years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Word is HIMARS is getting passed over for Chunmoo.
View Quote

Do the Koreans have a long range variant like our ATACMS?

I would love to see Russian bases and rail yards hit far behind the lines.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Given the billions and billions that the Biden administration is throwing at Ukraine, it would be pocket change for them to reimburse Musk for his cost.

But they hate Elon Musk, and he doesn't play by their usual rules, so they'd rather fuck him.  

ETA:  Had the communications been provided by ANY other US contractor, like LockMart, or Amazon, or whatever, the US gov would not only already be paying for it, but they would be getting a nice cost-plus profit on top of it.  No doubt.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Some tweets about Starlink. $20m/month is rough.

But they hate Elon Musk, and he doesn't play by their usual rules, so they'd rather fuck him.  

ETA:  Had the communications been provided by ANY other US contractor, like LockMart, or Amazon, or whatever, the US gov would not only already be paying for it, but they would be getting a nice cost-plus profit on top of it.  No doubt.
100%

The only other contractor that I can think of who has provided significant aid out of pocket is Bayraktar. Yet I bet they'll continue to refuse his request just so they can use it to demonize him. "Greedy, anti-union billionaire, twitter ruiner holds UA comms hostage for more money"

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

They make quality rifles.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By torstin:

How does Poland pay for their defense? I may be out of touch with Eastern Europe but I can't name a single Polish company, or product produced in Poland or even a resource they might export.

They make quality rifles.

And their vodka tops every other countries. Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

I didn't know about this...this specifically, I mean.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By NY12ga:

I don't like agreeing with Liberals any more than most of you but I'm smart enough to know when they're right. It's embarrassing how Conservatives have fallen for Russian propaganda or just automatically go against whatever liberals are for.

Yes, but remember- Stephen King wants MAGA Republicans, gun owners, and southern border "complainers" to leave the US as well.  

His message is vectored toward Russia only for now.

OK, when the time comes, that conversation might need to be had.  This is not the time, and *on the subject of Ukraine* there is no daylight between me and an American on the left who believes the same.
That said, Russian influence ops have been behind a huge amount of the divisiveness in the US in the last 100 years.  Dealing with that problem permanently is one of the great unspoken benefits of the Russian-Ukraine war.

In a way I agree and in another way, I don't.  

I am with you 100% on the 100 years of Russian influence ops doing us harm, though.

I would also add that it's not just the internal damage they're responsible for.

They're largely responsible for the anti-West Islamist movement we've been dealing with for 40+ years and spent the last 20 conducting warfare directly against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DoVTbup548

I didn't know about this...this specifically, I mean.

The Soviets/Russians have gotten and maintain their tendrils in many and far reaching places. It's a very low cost/high benefit form of asymmetric warfare.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Man few things are as telling about a society and people as how they treat their pets… pets are at our mercy. If you’re cruel to them… well we all know if you love them you stand a much better chance at being civilized. Someone better than me can explain the high level analysis
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Man few things are as telling about a society and people as how they treat their pets… pets are at our mercy. If you’re cruel to them… well we all know if you love them you stand a much better chance at being civilized. Someone better than me can explain the high level analysis

I think you did just fine.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Word is HIMARS is getting passed over for Chunmoo.

We sold them several hundred ATACMs
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Assuming there's still a bridge by then.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Some tweets about Starlink. $20m/month is rough.

Meh, the timeline makes sense to me:

1. Elon donates the Starlink, gets a lot of love and praise online
2. Love and praise dying down, so he makes the "peace proposal" - dude thought people would see him as a genius
3. Elon's ego got bruised yet again, so now he wants the money from the Pentagon
4. Pentagon leaks the money request.

In the end, the $20M is pennies and sure, the US should pay him if the service is working out for Ukraine.

But if the whole world was like, "holy shit, Elon's peace proposal involving giving up land to Russia is genius.. why hasn't anyone thought of this??" like he was expecting, we wouldn't be at this stage.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PM4E:

In other words, Elon, who is obsessed with getting likes online, got his feelings hurt and now wants to take his ball and go home.
View Quote

Or, it's freaking expensive and nation states should be paying for critical war fighting needs, not private entities. I am super thankful Elon led the comm charge, now the west should pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Yeah, because they are running out of missiles in which to launch mass strikes with. They've wasted most of their best weapons trying to attack civilian targets instead of things that might be militarily important. My God, these people are so stupid. Watching Russia trying to conduct a war is like watching a monkey try to fuck a football.
View All Quotes
LOL

Yeah, because they are running out of missiles in which to launch mass strikes with. They've wasted most of their best weapons trying to attack civilian targets instead of things that might be militarily important. My God, these people are so stupid. Watching Russia trying to conduct a war is like watching a monkey try to fuck a football.

About as useful as a suitcase without a handle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RSM:

Holan Saddlebags
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSM:
Originally Posted By torstin:

How does Poland pay for their defense? I may be out of touch with Eastern Europe but I can't name a single Polish company, or product produced in Poland or even a resource they might export.

Holan Saddlebags

Is AK!

https://atlanticfirearms.com/wbp-poland

https://www.wbprogow.com/

Have we sent LRAD to Ukraine yet?  The hard bass would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By agillig:
We had people believing US Special Forces raided a German server farm the day after the 2020 election, and that the Pope was under house arrest.   Unfortunately the left doesn't hold a monopoly on gullibility.
View Quote
Who's to say that the gullible here aren't on the left?  Most here want to believe that all of ARFCOM are Republicans and conservatives when that is far from the truth.  There is a significant presence of liberal leftists, and democrats here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Who's to say that the gullible here aren't on the left?  Most here want to believe that all of ARFCOM are Republicans and conservatives when that is far from the truth.  There is a significant presence of liberal leftists, and democrats here.
View Quote

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon

The right has just as many mentally ill stupid motherfuckers as the left does.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:

Because conservatives here were posting that Trump was going to be president again for months after the election.

2 more weeks.

The left absolutely does not have a monopoly on being gullible. Half the links here are to "news" stories with no sources that get posted because it reinforces their bias.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:44:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#39]
Originally Posted By R0N:

There was probably an environmental issue involved, I remember late in my military career, if you wanted to build fighting positions or entrench you had to plan it way in advance and get the base environmental people involved at most bases.
View Quote

I'm surprised and yet not surprised.

I should caveat my original statement, that many of those things might not be necessary on a real life battlefield for the Anerican Marine and Soldier. But it's good for mental conditioning/hardening and such. That whole "the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war" kinda thing. Embracing the suck in training makes real war seem easy.

*Not saying stuff you don't already know*
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

I should caveat my original statement, that many of those things might not be necessary on a real life battlefield for the Anerican Marine and Soldier. But it's good for mental conditioning/hardening and such. That whole "the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war" kinda thing. Embracing the suck in training makes real war seem easy.

View All Quotes

There was probably an environmental issue involved, I remember late in my military career, if you wanted to build fighting positions or entrench you had to plan it way in advance and get the base environmental people involved at most bases.

What do you think one of the major factors in how rusty US warship are is?  The paint is more enviromentally sensative these days, but it does not protect as well from the enviroment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PM4E:

Meh, the timeline makes sense to me:

1. Elon donates the Starlink, gets a lot of love and praise online
2. Love and praise dying down, so he makes the "peace proposal" - dude thought people would see him as a genius
3. Elon's ego got bruised yet again, so now he wants the money from the Pentagon
4. Pentagon leaks the money request.

In the end, the $20M is pennies and sure, the US should pay him if the service is working out for Ukraine.

But if the whole world was like, "holy shit, Elon's peace proposal involving giving up land to Russia is genius.. why hasn't anyone thought of this??" like he was expecting, we wouldn't be at this stage.
View Quote

Very creative story you have there.

But no.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

The environmental restrictions on federal active duty bases is one of the, usually unspoken, reasons for the increase in active duty use of National Guard training camps.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfCg8y_XkAEpcoC?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfChBRFXEAE_DJN?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

And if any of the left over ordnance is rigged to explode inside of the tank or artillery piece? That would be my concern.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfB2XDmWYAc6tLD?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote

Twitter Hater's Link
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Well, the conservatards will be pushing Gabbard again today as she pushes more Kremlin narrative:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11308913/Tulsi-Gabbard-imminent-threat-World-War-III.html
View Quote

I can at least understand why they are listening to her…..they want her sweet, sweet, honeypot. And she isn’t a hateful shrew like most left-wing women. Wonder how much of that she’s gonna be allowed to get away with before they come for her Reserve commission.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Assuming there's still a bridge by then.
View Quote

Sounds like they fucked it up pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Or, it's freaking expensive and nation states should be paying for critical war fighting needs, not private entities. I am super thankful Elon led the comm charge, now the west should pay for it.
View Quote

And a lot of people don't realize how much money SpaceX is burning through right now with their Starlink and Starship programs. They lose $500+ on each Starlink dish plus probably 2 billion in launch costs so far, in addition to cost of all the satellites and ground stations. And they have these capital investments in various stages of construction: 3 Starship launch/integration towers with mounts and cryo farms, 1 crew dragon launch tower/site, 2 Starship factories, 3 Starship construction bays, 1-2 ocean launch/landing platforms.
They also have to factor the economy into their plans. $200+ million a year to Ukraine is not at all feasible.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#49]
The Costs of Germany''s Support for Ukraine
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got some bad news for old Vlad ----- he won't be able to protect it even with mobilization. Numbers mean diddly if they are poorly equipped, poorly trained (if they are trained at all) and have no motivation for being there. They will only serve to double the strain on logistics and send Russia's KIA numbers through the ceiling. The smarter ones among them will surrender immediately. So, where does Putin's regime benefit here? These mobilized troops will be about as effective as Saddam Hussein's non-Republican Guard units were in 1991. They will break upon first contact.
View Quote

The real hoot is that Vlad's "problems" with Ukraine and the line of contact are entirely self-inflicted, and self-perpetuated.

One need only not launch expansionist wars of conquest against one's neighbors, and like, 95% of this bad shit won't happen to you or your poor kontraktniki and mobiks.

Not launching a war of conquest against a neighbor can't help with the alcoholism, cronyism, corruption and theft, though - that's a feature of the ex-soviet (Russian) system from the ground floor.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2818 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top