Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2829 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://i.imgur.com/lCJnYf9.jpeg
View Quote

Svetlana, shall we do something different with your hair?
Da, give me Ushanka.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

Want a Ferret for running around town.
View Quote

With my dog's head hanging out of the hatch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Airburst above the targets. What was that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Airburst above the targets. What was that?

Either Excalibur or the 3rd one might be Bonus.  Its accurate whatever it was.

lol, or a lucky bird.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Not in one hundred years.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By toaster:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

it looks like a moonscape. Not somewhere I'd want to be in a trench!

Damn. Thats some WW1 level shit there. That land is fucked. Not even the insects could catch a break.

Which makes me wonder, how much uxo remains after something like that? Years to clear it, if ever?

The amount of land mines is probably unreal as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]
Belgorod-

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#8]
-edit-
doopy dupe
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Along the way, they will write off the Tajiks. Who is there, Rahmon blurted out in the hell? Well, now the Civil War will begin between the orcs and Tajiks ...
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:
Originally Posted By toaster:

it looks like a moonscape. Not somewhere I'd want to be in a trench!

Damn. Thats some WW1 level shit there. That land is fucked. Not even the insects could catch a break.

Which makes me wonder, how much uxo remains after something like that? Years to clear it, if ever?

Even with a concerted effort to clean all that up, there will be people dying for decades to come from UXO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

The tendrils run deeper than I even realized.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
On the topic of Russian propaganda and their infiltration into western institutions, this report is long but worth a read. You will note some tactics that we have seen in GD, and those on Twitter will absolutely recognize them.

https://www.underminers.info/s/Smagliy_Hybrid-Analytica_10-2018_upd.pdf

TL:DR
This report concludes that the Russian government pursues a coherent and well-coordinated "knowledge weaponization" strategy that has five inter-related components:1) engagement of Kremlin-linked Russian think tanks in the design of domestic and international communication strategies for the Putin regime;
2) establishment of influence centers abroad, which operate as think tanks, academic Russian study centers, cultural centers, various associations of Russian-speaking immigrants, etc.;
3) use of private, typically oligarch-sponsored, actors to promote the Kremlin's interests in the West;
4) reliance on Russian intelligence in the Kremlin's information warfare and infiltration of other countries through the network of agents of influence;
5) pursuit of a deliberate policy of employing Russian state or oligarch-controlled media as mul- tipliers, promoters and/or validators of pro-Kremlin narratives and messaging.

2.2. The Kremlin's Neo-Conservative Doctrine
The Kremlin's answer to this riddle took the form of the new ideological doctrine of "sovereign de- mocracy" (democracy without the rule of law, democratic values or the separation of power), which then evolved into the Russian "neo-conservatism doctrine," featuring the following elements:30
1) promotion of the concept of the superiority of Russians and the Russian state compared to other nations, and the glorification of Russia as the world's leading defender of "true" Christianity, morality, family and other conservative values;
2)revisionism of Russian/Soviet history and whitewashing of Soviet leaders, including Jo- seph Stalin; denial of Moscow's responsibility for mass crimes committed against the Rus- sian people as well as other nations of the USSR and abroad, particularly the 1932-33 genocide against Ukrainians; glorification of Russia's role in the World War Second victory over Nazi Germany and silencing the role of other nations in this success;
3)denial of Russia's responsibility for international aggression, including the war in Georgia in 2008 and the subsequent occupation of parts of its territory, de-facto occupation of parts of Moldova, and the ongoing undeclared war against Ukraine which has so far re- sulted in the illegal annexation of Crimea and the military occupation of Ukraine's eastern territories;4) 5) 6) 7)

4)dehumanizing Ukrainians; bashing Ukraine's culture and language; promoting narratives of fascist revival and anti-Semitism in Ukraine; misrepresenting Ukraine's current govern- ment as a Western puppet committed to neo-Nazi ideologies; discrediting Ukraine's post- Euromaidan reforms as incompetent; portraying Ukraine as a "failed" and "corrupt" state that is not worthy of Western support;

5)blaming the West for the Cold War and portraying Western sanctions against Russia as a return to a "morally bankrupt" and "unjust" "Cold War mentality";
criticism of the West for the "loss of its moral compass" and "degeneracy"; mocking Western concepts of human rights and democracy; accusing the West of double stand- ards;
6)hyperbolic focus on the West's economic and political troubles, which are misrepre- sented as inherent societal failures; support for anti-establishment groups and radical rightist and leftist ideologies in Europe and North America which are often misrepre- sented as legitimate voices speaking on behalf of whole societies;

I was just reading an article from a while ago about "Sputnik Radio" in  Hannibal Mo.  part of the System owned by  Rossiya Segodnya. It is brokered radio as Radio in the US has to be US owned. That gay lawyer someone posted about, Alexander Mercouris or something like that is also part of this system.His company is The Duran as Sputnik was banned in England.

Most don't because of the breadth and depth of their efforts combined with the sheer length of time they've been at it.

I know I keep coming back to the TV show The Americans however, even though it's fiction, it's a good fact based Reader's Digest overview of how they operate. In the show the KGB handler for the Phillip and Elizabeth couple tells them how the KGB wants their illegals to start involving their kids so they will have even better covers than they do. Consider that the kids of that age in those situations would be Gen X and have same aged (or older) kids of their own these days.

It even shows the case of another illegal who is an older foreign adopted teen (Vietnam IIRC) that the KGB had employed in their efforts unknown to the adoptive parents.

There's other instances shown like the involvement of the KGB in Western religion via liberation theology and its prevalence in South America as well as the Black militant movement.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Most don't because of the breadth and depth of their efforts combined with the sheer length of time they've been at it.

I know I keep coming back to the TV show The Americans however, even though it's fiction, it's a good fact based Reader's Digest overview of how they operate. In the show the KGB handler for the Phillip and Elizabeth couple tells them how the KGB wants their illegals to start involving their kids so they will have even better covers than they do. Consider that the kids of that age in those situations would be Gen X and have same aged (or older) kids of their own these days.

It even shows the case of another illegal who is an older foreign adopted teen (Vietnam IIRC) that the KGB had employed in their efforts unknown to the adoptive parents.

There's other instances shown like the involvement of the KGB in Western religion via liberation theology and its prevalence in South America as well as the Black militant movement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
On the topic of Russian propaganda and their infiltration into western institutions, this report is long but worth a read. You will note some tactics that we have seen in GD, and those on Twitter will absolutely recognize them.

https://www.underminers.info/s/Smagliy_Hybrid-Analytica_10-2018_upd.pdf

TL:DR
This report concludes that the Russian government pursues a coherent and well-coordinated "knowledge weaponization" strategy that has five inter-related components:1) engagement of Kremlin-linked Russian think tanks in the design of domestic and international communication strategies for the Putin regime;
2) establishment of influence centers abroad, which operate as think tanks, academic Russian study centers, cultural centers, various associations of Russian-speaking immigrants, etc.;
3) use of private, typically oligarch-sponsored, actors to promote the Kremlin's interests in the West;
4) reliance on Russian intelligence in the Kremlin's information warfare and infiltration of other countries through the network of agents of influence;
5) pursuit of a deliberate policy of employing Russian state or oligarch-controlled media as mul- tipliers, promoters and/or validators of pro-Kremlin narratives and messaging.

2.2. The Kremlin's Neo-Conservative Doctrine
The Kremlin's answer to this riddle took the form of the new ideological doctrine of "sovereign de- mocracy" (democracy without the rule of law, democratic values or the separation of power), which then evolved into the Russian "neo-conservatism doctrine," featuring the following elements:30
1) promotion of the concept of the superiority of Russians and the Russian state compared to other nations, and the glorification of Russia as the world's leading defender of "true" Christianity, morality, family and other conservative values;
2)revisionism of Russian/Soviet history and whitewashing of Soviet leaders, including Jo- seph Stalin; denial of Moscow's responsibility for mass crimes committed against the Rus- sian people as well as other nations of the USSR and abroad, particularly the 1932-33 genocide against Ukrainians; glorification of Russia's role in the World War Second victory over Nazi Germany and silencing the role of other nations in this success;
3)denial of Russia's responsibility for international aggression, including the war in Georgia in 2008 and the subsequent occupation of parts of its territory, de-facto occupation of parts of Moldova, and the ongoing undeclared war against Ukraine which has so far re- sulted in the illegal annexation of Crimea and the military occupation of Ukraine's eastern territories;4) 5) 6) 7)

4)dehumanizing Ukrainians; bashing Ukraine's culture and language; promoting narratives of fascist revival and anti-Semitism in Ukraine; misrepresenting Ukraine's current govern- ment as a Western puppet committed to neo-Nazi ideologies; discrediting Ukraine's post- Euromaidan reforms as incompetent; portraying Ukraine as a "failed" and "corrupt" state that is not worthy of Western support;

5)blaming the West for the Cold War and portraying Western sanctions against Russia as a return to a "morally bankrupt" and "unjust" "Cold War mentality";
criticism of the West for the "loss of its moral compass" and "degeneracy"; mocking Western concepts of human rights and democracy; accusing the West of double stand- ards;
6)hyperbolic focus on the West's economic and political troubles, which are misrepre- sented as inherent societal failures; support for anti-establishment groups and radical rightist and leftist ideologies in Europe and North America which are often misrepre- sented as legitimate voices speaking on behalf of whole societies;

I was just reading an article from a while ago about "Sputnik Radio" in  Hannibal Mo.  part of the System owned by  Rossiya Segodnya. It is brokered radio as Radio in the US has to be US owned. That gay lawyer someone posted about, Alexander Mercouris or something like that is also part of this system.His company is The Duran as Sputnik was banned in England.

I LOVE that show. So underrated.

A lot of the commentary about Soviets in AFG was eerily applicable to the current situation- my wife and I watched the series this spring and summer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Haven't any of these idiots heard of Joint Rivet or ISR in general?  Those guys can't take a piss without the dick size (insufficient) and stream intensity (weak) being reported to the Ukrainian high command in real time.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Haven't any of these idiots heard of Joint Rivet or ISR in general?  Those guys can't take a piss without the dick size (insufficient) and stream intensity (weak) being reported to the Ukrainian high command in real time.

Belarus is plum full of anti-Luka partisans and folks friendly to Ukraine, including special services. Bet.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Blade-55 Double LAW Drone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#17]
Local news outlet

"Baza" published information about shooting at a military unit in the Belgorod region with dead and wounded. According to Sota, we can talk about 22 killed and 16 wounded: at the same time, three soldiers fired, two of whom were killed on the spot, and one escaped. The corresponding audio recording of the story, presumably, the sister of the attacked, but mobilized survivor at the training ground, is at the disposal of the editors. We are not yet able to confirm its authenticity.
https://t.me/sotaproject/48113

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
They should also get a say where service is provided then, like Crimea.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
They should also get a say where service is provided then, like Crimea.

That may ultimately be the real reason for Musk’s controversial comments on both Russian peace and not paying for starlink. He may have wanted what he thought was a guaranteed way to turn a loss into a profit center, get deeper in bed with Starlink for military use, and have deniability as the service expands remote weapons capabilities into Crimea and beyond.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m35ben:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

The drone thing now is sorta like the aircraft in WWI...
It's so unexplored that new shit everyday is almost a given.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
FIRMS 25min ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfIK0QyXoAMXK_u?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfIK9vOWAAIhdoi?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfILcC8WQAAcxT2?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfIMkVEXgAgMeYo?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

I thought they'd go for Borozenske. Maybe the enemy anticipated that move though.

Hopefully they can gain some km's.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#21]
This is fact. They made the request to him on twitter at the outset of the war. It was out in the open for everyone to see. Elon responded and SpaceX's jet was immediately tasked with delivering them to Poland. UA was posting pics of the terminals crossing the border within like 2 days. This revisionist smear campaign is sad. Also worthy of note that WaPo is owned by Bezos who has a major interest in hurting Starlink.

More updates

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfComY0XwAA1g0n?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe8y1BZXoAECv4e?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfBmG0mX0AAiwQF?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I’m assuming UA is aware of this going in Belarus and thus has the manpower to fight in the North? Cause my fam lives less than 10km from the Belarusian border…
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#23]

The drone thing now is sorta like the aircraft in WWI...
It's so unexplored that new shit everyday is almost a given.
View Quote
I see your point
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
I’m assuming UA is aware of this going in Belarus and thus has the manpower to fight in the North? Cause my fam lives less than 10km from the Belarusian border…
View Quote

Pinsk and Gomel are where the activity seems to be according to open source.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#25]
https://i.imgur.com/lCJnYf9.jpeg
View Quote

Dear God The Devil is real..
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Well fuck. I pray that they stay safe. I assume defense lines are well prepared and coordinates to strike are dialed in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Things looking up in Iran.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Hopefully they've moved 80 or 90km deeper into ua, until things settle down a bit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
This is fact. They made the request to him on twitter at the outset of the war. It was out in the open for everyone to see. Elon responded and SpaceX's jet was immediately tasked with delivering them to Poland. UA was posting pics of the terminals crossing the border within like 2 days. This revisionist smear campaign is sad. Also worthy of note that WaPo is owned by Bezos who has a major interest in hurting Starlink.

More updates

View Quote

UKR better be careful. No Starlink is very bad news.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Hopefully they've moved 80 or 90km deeper into ua, until things settle down a bit.
View Quote

No sir. Life goes on there regardless of the war. I’m sure they’ll flee south if shit pops off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#34]
This was overnight, explains the high Russian casualties recorded for today.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#35]

... involvement of the KGB in ...
View Quote

...is beyond my comprehension.

Everything in Russia is way behind the western standards.

Technology, they aren't able to built modern cars or planes, exploit their natural ressources, NVDs, fire control system, optics, etc., rockets, missiles, drones, computer systems, computer chips, electrical components, you name it - without the help of the west. Everything is 15 - 25 years behind.

They buy commercial chips from AliExpress for their cruise missiles.

The RU military is a mess, the whole country is corrupt to the bone, the living standards and the life expectancy are significantly lower than in the West.

Wherever you look, you can see incompetence on every level.

But the guys from the KGB, respectively from the successor organizations are able to infiltrate and compromise intelligence agencies, governments, elections, NGOs, churches, everything of political value in the West at will?  

I fucking don't buy it.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#36]

...is beyond my comprehension.

Everything in Russia is way behind the western standards.

Technology, they aren't able to built modern cars or planes, exploit their natural ressources, NVDs, fire control system, optics, etc., rockets, missiles, drones, computer systems, computer chips, electrical components, you name it - without the help of the west. Everything is 15 - 25 years behind.

They buy commercial chips from AliExpress for their cruise missiles.

The RU military is a mess, the whole country is corrupt to the bone, the living standards and the life expectancy are significantly lower than in the West.

Wherever you look, you can see incompetence on every level.

But the guys from the KGB, respectively from the successor organizations are able to infiltrate and compromise intelligence agencies, governments, elections, NGOs, churches, everything of political value in the West at will?  

I fucking don't buy it.

View Quote

Because those infiltrated already hate the west
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Had to share this one to being a little levity to this thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#42]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfIfVuNWIAEO5d3?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Lost in 3..2..1.. haha how old is that atlas?!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
No2 wingman needs to tighten it up  
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Life goes on despite Russia

The famous Ukrainian sniper, officer of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Evgenia Emerald with the call sign "Joan of Arc" got married. The wedding was played right on the front line in the Kharkiv region.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Lost in 3..2..1.. haha how old is that atlas?!
View Quote

Well, Soviet-era, so no later than 1991.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: darkd0r] [#48]
Congratulations to a gutsy couple,  Evgenia Emerald and his bride!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Life goes on despite Russia

The famous Ukrainian sniper, officer of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Evgenia Emerald with the call sign "Joan of Arc" got married. The wedding was played right on the front line in the Kharkiv region.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfI7_KcXkAMU0AX?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfI7_ZnXkAAs92M?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Hammers
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Don't run over the landmines laying out the road..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iksmu2qOV34

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41727/047159EB-EF8F-4CDE-BEB4-6C6BC1A31174_jpe-2561110.JPG

Yikes.   I laughed more than I should've.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2829 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top