Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2830 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]
I'm going with, expect another round of Russian missiles throughout Ukrainian territory.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Given the billions and billions that the Biden administration is throwing at Ukraine, it would be pocket change for them to reimburse Musk for his cost.

But they hate Elon Musk, and he doesn't play by their usual rules, so they'd rather fuck him.  

ETA:  Had the communications been provided by ANY other US contractor, like LockMart, or Amazon, or whatever, the US gov would not only already be paying for it, but they would be getting a nice cost-plus profit on top of it.  No doubt.
View Quote

This is true, though cost-plus is for peacetime contracts. Under Bush Jr (and maybe even Senior) the contracts for our endeavors in Iraq and Afghanistan were ona cost-plus-plus basis
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
I'm going with, expect another round of Russian missiles throughout Ukrainian territory.

View Quote

or low yield nuke
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

Good example why optics are a waste. Spray and pray is what real firefights are like.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

or low yield nuke
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

or low yield nuke

lol, they wouldn't dare.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Because those infiltrated already hate the west
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

...is beyond my comprehension.

Everything in Russia is way behind the western standards.

Technology, they aren't able to built modern cars or planes, exploit their natural ressources, NVDs, fire control system, optics, etc., rockets, missiles, drones, computer systems, computer chips, electrical components, you name it - without the help of the west. Everything is 15 - 25 years behind.

They buy commercial chips from AliExpress for their cruise missiles.

The RU military is a mess, the whole country is corrupt to the bone, the living standards and the life expectancy are significantly lower than in the West.

Wherever you look, you can see incompetence on every level.

But the guys from the KGB, respectively from the successor organizations are able to infiltrate and compromise intelligence agencies, governments, elections, NGOs, churches, everything of political value in the West at will?  

I fucking don't buy it.

Because those infiltrated already hate the west

This, but also just because they're bad at most things doesn't mean they're bad at everything...
Sort of a joke,....but not really.

Look at how laughably bad some American conspiracy theories are and yet people still believe them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Can someone catch me up on the last 2800 something pages?

I’m not reading all of that.

TL:DR

View Quote

YGTBSM.
Laughs in Riot Squad.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Squatch] [#9]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Good example why optics are a waste. Spray and pray is what real firefights are like.
View All Quotes

The camera is on the top of his helmet.  From that perspective, it looks as if he isn't using the optics, but he probably is.

ETA: In fact, at 9 seconds, you can see him change a setting on the optic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Why is that guy in the rear in the middle of the road and not firing behind cover?  It just seems like instinct that he should have, not be so in the open.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

As opposed to Lukashenko opening up the third front?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Transfer the Chinese to the "recently annexed Russian territories" problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I don't think that is going to happen.  Just my hunch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Possible Shahed drone jamming system.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I think Belarus kicking in would be extremely stupid. I don't think Lukashenko is that dumb.

But I don't know to what extent Puty can compel stupid behavior from his toadies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Comparison of tactics.

Thread here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Another hard video to watch. Looked to be a very exposed UA position. No armor and no anti-armor, getting rolled. The RU was basically a platoon, 1 tank and 2 BMP with maybe a dozen dismounts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Long video of Russian attack on Ukrainian positions notable for capturing the execution of a wounded Ukrainian solider @12:22.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/y403n2/long_video_of_an_attack_on_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Another hard video to watch. Looked to be a very exposed UA position. No armor and no anti-armor, getting rolled. The RU was basically a platoon, 1 tank and 2 BMP with maybe a dozen dismounts.

Good video to see how combined arms plays out. Tank pounds position, IFVs role in and bring infantry, then pull back and don't just idle to be a sitting target.

Of course the Russians execute the fallen soldier too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#19]
This is outstanding.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#20]
Life goes on despite Russia

The famous Ukrainian sniper, officer of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Evgenia Emerald with the call sign "Joan of Arc" got married. The wedding was played right on the front line in the Kharkiv region.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfI7_KcXkAMU0AX?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfI7_ZnXkAAs92M?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
Those are absolute cannons. Good grief. Congrats!

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Looks like a MANPAD gunner tried knocking out the drone, not the S300 itself. Looks like they'll need to start beefing up their short range defense of these systems with a variety of different MANPADs especially Western sourced ones like Starstreak, Stinger, etc.
View All Quotes

Thank God they didn't hit the most essential and hardest to replace part of that system, not going to help them with what they missed either.

Looks like a MANPAD gunner tried knocking out the drone, not the S300 itself. Looks like they'll need to start beefing up their short range defense of these systems with a variety of different MANPADs especially Western sourced ones like Starstreak, Stinger, etc.

Probably wasn't smart to park two launchers right next to each other.

Ukraine seems to be doing better in the SEAD area at least with the AGM-88s. They're getting NASAMS, but they need some larger range platforms as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Man this futuristic warfare shit we are seeing has to be one of the coolest things in this slice of warfare history we are living through and watching.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Man this futuristic warfare shit we are seeing has to be one of the coolest things in this slice of warfare history we are living through and watching.
View All Quotes

Unless you're a crunchy. Or a tread-head. Or anywhere near the battle space.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
This is fact. They made the request to him on twitter at the outset of the war. It was out in the open for everyone to see. Elon responded and SpaceX's jet was immediately tasked with delivering them to Poland. UA was posting pics of the terminals crossing the border within like 2 days. This revisionist smear campaign is sad. Also worthy of note that WaPo is owned by Bezos who has a major interest in hurting Starlink.

More updates

View Quote

All that's true and great and all.  But Musk still Posted that Ukraine should be ok with all the war crimes committed on them plus give up some land..  none of that makes that shit ok
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I tend to agree, I think more missiles are a higher probability. Just curious what the increase of Luka's rhetoric and more orcs being shipped in is going to result in. Unless that is the feint.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Saved for later reading!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
On the topic of Russian propaganda and their infiltration into western institutions, this report is long but worth a read. You will note some tactics that we have seen in GD, and those on Twitter will absolutely recognize them.

https://www.underminers.info/s/Smagliy_Hybrid-Analytica_10-2018_upd.pdf

TL:DR
This report concludes that the Russian government pursues a coherent and well-coordinated "knowledge weaponization" strategy that has five inter-related components:1) engagement of Kremlin-linked Russian think tanks in the design of domestic and international communication strategies for the Putin regime;
2) establishment of influence centers abroad, which operate as think tanks, academic Russian study centers, cultural centers, various associations of Russian-speaking immigrants, etc.;
3) use of private, typically oligarch-sponsored, actors to promote the Kremlin's interests in the West;
4) reliance on Russian intelligence in the Kremlin's information warfare and infiltration of other countries through the network of agents of influence;
5) pursuit of a deliberate policy of employing Russian state or oligarch-controlled media as mul- tipliers, promoters and/or validators of pro-Kremlin narratives and messaging.

2.2. The Kremlin's Neo-Conservative Doctrine
The Kremlin's answer to this riddle took the form of the new ideological doctrine of "sovereign de- mocracy" (democracy without the rule of law, democratic values or the separation of power), which then evolved into the Russian "neo-conservatism doctrine," featuring the following elements:30
1) promotion of the concept of the superiority of Russians and the Russian state compared to other nations, and the glorification of Russia as the world's leading defender of "true" Christianity, morality, family and other conservative values;
2)revisionism of Russian/Soviet history and whitewashing of Soviet leaders, including Jo- seph Stalin; denial of Moscow's responsibility for mass crimes committed against the Rus- sian people as well as other nations of the USSR and abroad, particularly the 1932-33 genocide against Ukrainians; glorification of Russia's role in the World War Second victory over Nazi Germany and silencing the role of other nations in this success;
3)denial of Russia's responsibility for international aggression, including the war in Georgia in 2008 and the subsequent occupation of parts of its territory, de-facto occupation of parts of Moldova, and the ongoing undeclared war against Ukraine which has so far re- sulted in the illegal annexation of Crimea and the military occupation of Ukraine's eastern territories;4) 5) 6) 7)

4)dehumanizing Ukrainians; bashing Ukraine's culture and language; promoting narratives of fascist revival and anti-Semitism in Ukraine; misrepresenting Ukraine's current govern- ment as a Western puppet committed to neo-Nazi ideologies; discrediting Ukraine's post- Euromaidan reforms as incompetent; portraying Ukraine as a "failed" and "corrupt" state that is not worthy of Western support;

5)blaming the West for the Cold War and portraying Western sanctions against Russia as a return to a "morally bankrupt" and "unjust" "Cold War mentality";
criticism of the West for the "loss of its moral compass" and "degeneracy"; mocking Western concepts of human rights and democracy; accusing the West of double stand- ards;
6)hyperbolic focus on the West's economic and political troubles, which are misrepre- sented as inherent societal failures; support for anti-establishment groups and radical rightist and leftist ideologies in Europe and North America which are often misrepre- sented as legitimate voices speaking on behalf of whole societies;

Saved for later reading!

Very good @RolandofGilead . I will be reading tomorrow - I've been studying it since the 80s.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

I’m assuming UA is aware of this going in Belarus and thus has the manpower to fight in the North? Cause my fam lives less than 10km from the Belarusian border…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfComY0XwAA1g0n?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe8y1BZXoAECv4e?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfBmG0mX0AAiwQF?format=jpg&name=medium

I’m assuming UA is aware of this going in Belarus and thus has the manpower to fight in the North? Cause my fam lives less than 10km from the Belarusian border…

@dillydilly

Damn dude, I think it's wise they depart the area and not wait.  From everythibg we have seen from occupied Russian territory I would be terrified of family being behind the lines..  is it really worth rolling the dice and thinking its all a bluff?? Get them out of there. Atleast for a month to see what's going down.

From what I'm seeing on the northern border and rhetoric coming out of Belarus I damn sure wouldn't take a chance if it was my loved ones
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#28]

All that's true and great and all.  But Musk still Posted that Ukraine should be ok with all the war crimes committed on them plus give up some land..  none of that makes that shit ok
View Quote
I think it's because he doesn't see any of this as important in the big scheme of things. To Musk the big goal that overrides *everything else* is to make humanity multi-planetary.  I'm sure that he hates the war and feels bad for the UA people - hell he's probably personally contributed more to UA than any other individual in the world if you consider that Starlink is privately owned. He just wants the world to survive long enough to get humans planted on another world.

The tweet was dumb as a bag of rocks. But I think his heart is in the right place - and he's showing his support in a direct way unlike most of the other billionaires.  My question for WaPo is what is Bezos doing to help?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Wouldn't something like this be a better fit for secure coms than starlink? Possibly to new and to classified to send over there

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/ausa-2022-l3harris-rolls-out-new-satcom-mission-module
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
In the US there'd be a bunch of dead cops.  The press gang guys would need to go out in armored vehicles and full battle rattle.  As a society we would never tolerate this - it just shows me how different the Russians are from any free society.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Attention mobik shoppers!

I just don't get the soviet/russian culture. If I came to the understanding that they were going to send my young adult son into this meat grinder just to die I would be angry.
In the US there'd be a bunch of dead cops.  The press gang guys would need to go out in armored vehicles and full battle rattle.  As a society we would never tolerate this - it just shows me how different the Russians are from any free society.

Oh yeah? How’s that working out for some of the January 6th hostages prisoners who’d rather be sent to GITMO than stay where they are…

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
This is fact. They made the request to him on twitter at the outset of the war. It was out in the open for everyone to see. Elon responded and SpaceX's jet was immediately tasked with delivering them to Poland. UA was posting pics of the terminals crossing the border within like 2 days. This revisionist smear campaign is sad. Also worthy of note that WaPo is owned by Bezos who has a major interest in hurting Starlink.

More updates

I didn't post anything about his dumb call for peace. That's a separate issue that we've thoroughly covered.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Wouldn't something like this be a better fit for secure coms than starlink? Possibly to new and to classified to send over there

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/ausa-2022-l3harris-rolls-out-new-satcom-mission-module
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Putin claims he has no desire to destroy Ukraine after week of missile strikes
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

It really is fascinating to watch in real time.  The most interesting part to me is how quickly ad-hock technologies are coming into play from all areas.  You have civilian drones dropping grenades, and then three months later a commercial drone with six mortars and professional targeting shows up.  Now you have quad copters with ATGMs.  The soldiers with the best xbox controller skills will become some of the most lethal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:04:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#37]
I think it's because he doesn't see any of this as important in the big scheme of things. To Musk the big goal that overrides *everything else* is to make humanity multi-planetary.  I'm sure that he hates the war and feels bad for the UA people - hell he's probably personally contributed more to UA than any other individual in the world if you consider that Starlink is privately owned. He just wants the world to survive long enough to get humans planted on another world.

The tweet was dumb as a bag of rocks. But I think his heart is in the right place - and he's showing his support in a direct way unlike most of the other billionaires.  My question for WaPo is what is Bezos doing to help?
View All Quotes

I think you nailed it there. He's been talking about making life multi-planetary for a long time and when he's asked why he always says as insurance against an extinction level event or nuclear war. I think he's just freaked out about the heightened risk of nuclear war and he overreacted, haunted by the idea of falling short of his purpose in life. It was dumb as hell to tweet that shit but everyone makes mistakes. The rush to label him an enemy over a handful of garbage tweets is almost equally as dumb.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Ukraine seems to be doing better in the SEAD area at least with the AGM-88s. They're getting NASAMS, but they need some larger range platforms as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Thank God they didn't hit the most essential and hardest to replace part of that system, not going to help them with what they missed either.

I just wish they had other anti-radar weapons to combined their attacks with like the Israeli Harpy drones that inspired the Iranian knockoffs. If they can start knocking out these surface to air systems en masse I really think it will panic Russian forces enough to cause faster withdrawals.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I have watched a lot of footage of US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and it always seemed like you could never seen an actually enemy and soldiers were just sending rounds down range by the metric shit ton.  I have 0 experience so I don't understand.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

The dude to the right needs to find some cover.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Is there a place to chip in?

Fucker needs to be in the Netherlands
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Great, another week of pearl clutching and hand wringing about nuclear war.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Yep  Its a nothingburger but causes fear in the uninformed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Possible Shahed drone jamming system.

View Quote

Projector. The guy says it will reach Iran :)
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

That is not my experience, and I'm glad you weren't in my fire team
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://i.imgur.com/lCJnYf9.jpeg
View Quote

What power level Karen is that?

100?

She doesn't just ask fkr tye manager

She ask for the CEO
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2830 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top