Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2831 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Is there a place to chip in?

Fucker needs to be in the Netherlands
View Quote

How about Malaysia? Do they want him too? NL doesn’t have the death penalty I read. I wonder about Malaysia. It WAS their airplane..
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:

Projector. The guy says it will reach Iran :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Possible Shahed drone jamming system.

Projector. The guy says it will reach Iran :)

lmao, is that what it is? A projector?  Thanks for the translation.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Yep  Its a nothingburger but causes fear in the uninformed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Great, another week of pearl clutching and hand wringing about nuclear war.

Yep  Its a nothingburger but causes fear in the uninformed.

The media is probably already working on their sensationalized click bait.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So, got home after a long day at work and started making the rounds on the YTers I follow. One I follow is Chrissie Mayr. Some may know who she is and most probably not. She's a stand up comic that has a YouTube show that focuses pretty much on pop culture (she's on some other channels I follow more closely so gave her a sub).

Seems she had Dr. Sebastian Gorka on her podcast and had a segment on Ukraine with him. I hadn't heard him comment on current events yet and given it was on Chrissie's show gave it a watch, figuring I may hear some "Conservative" nonsense. Instead I was extremely surprised to hear what Gorka said given he's firmly in the, "Trump camp", "alt right", not sure what you'd call it except "that group" where we seem to see a lot of the posters here that oppose Ukraine... Sorry, don't care about Ukraine but feel the need to tell us incessantly how much they don't care and it's really none of our business. Anyway... Like I said, given the circles he's associated with, I was surprised to find myself in such agreement with him.

I'd say I agree with about 90% of his take except for his opinion on Westernizing their weapon systems. And he is right on his point near the end, with this admin in charge, we absolutely do need to keep a close eye on where they try to funnel actual money (not like the simpletons here that conflate value of hardware with pallets of cash). That said, I think focusing so closely on the potential for funneling money via support for Ukraine is a poor target to focus such scrutiny on, and may even be a purposeful distraction while they pull things like the Treasury funneling $11 billion dollars to "green initiatives" over the next 2 years. That stands a far better opportunity for Lefties to launder money and get kickbacks, IMHO. You can fully and enthusiastically support Ukraine, and be concerned about the utilization of the financial aid we are sending and prefer to see actual hardware sent instead.

Anyway, here's the segment with Gorka. Hopefully more in "that group" pay attention to what he's saying.

Dr Sebastian Gorka & Chrissie Mayr on Zelensky and the Russian and Ukraine War
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I interrupt this thread to bring you a very important message:

BAMA SUX!!!

I now return you to your originally scheduled debate...
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
40m ago.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]

It's amazing how close to actual Nazi doctrines and policies this is.  Just substitute "Aryan" for "Russian" and you're like 90% there
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

I think Belarus kicking in would be extremely stupid. I don't think Lukashenko is that dumb.

But I don't know to what extent Puty can compel stupid behavior from his toadies.
View All Quotes
I don't think that is going to happen.  Just my hunch.

I think Belarus kicking in would be extremely stupid. I don't think Lukashenko is that dumb.

But I don't know to what extent Puty can compel stupid behavior from his toadies.

Allowing the Russians another crack from Belarusian territory, that I can see.
Joining in the party?  Huge downside, little upside.  I don’t see it, unless Putin has literally executed a silent coup in Belarus and has Lukashenko hostage.
Could be trying to provoke a response from Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Life goes on despite Russia

The famous Ukrainian sniper, officer of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Evgenia Emerald with the call sign "Joan of Arc" got married. The wedding was played right on the front line in the Kharkiv region.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfI7_KcXkAMU0AX?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfI7_ZnXkAAs92M?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

So I married a girl with a gritty 3rd world upbringing that appreciates fundamental American values more than many American chicks today…I hope our son finds a nice Ukrainian girl (or rather she finds HIM). Damn we could be so lucky

“… Dad, Maria and I were at the range today discussing how government isn’t the solution to our problems, it *is* the problem…”

Dad:
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

All that's true and great and all.  But Musk still Posted that Ukraine should be ok with all the war crimes committed on them plus give up some land..  none of that makes that shit ok
View Quote

This isn’t the first time Musk has said some really stupid shit.  Someone he respects and/or is close to him (and working as an influence agent) probably put the idea in his head and guided his  response in the desired direction, and Musk went whole hog like he usually does.  The questions is who put the the idea in his head?
Probably some heads rolled on his team for failing to protect him from himself.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Joining in the party?  Huge downside, little upside.  I don't see it, unless Putin has literally executed a silent coup in Belarus and has Lukashenko hostage.
View All Quotes
I don't think that is going to happen.  Just my hunch.

Joining in the party?  Huge downside, little upside.  I don't see it, unless Putin has literally executed a silent coup in Belarus and has Lukashenko hostage.
Ukraine has apparently been launching attacks on Belgorod, with no clearly linked response that I've seen.

I don't know how the level of brainwashing and subjugation of Belarusians compares with that of Russians, but it seems to me that many of them will not be happy about their country being directly involved in this clusterfuck.

So yeah, I agree.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lightning_P38] [#14]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

There’s a non-zero chance that happens.  Still really dumb of the Russians though.  He knows too much of what happened around 2014 and could be a huge embarrassment for the Kremlin.  Maybe he thinks he’d never talk, but I doubt that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Lost in 3..2..1.. haha how old is that atlas?!
View Quote

“According to this map, we are in Habsburg territory.”
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#17]

BAMA SUX!!!

View Quote

Credit to Rocky Top. Now 1-17.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Possible Shahed drone jamming system.

View Quote

If you knew anything about the Shahed you would know right away this isn't real.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By absael:
Ukraine has apparently been launching attacks on Belgorod, with no clearly linked response that I've seen.

I don't know how the level of brainwashing and subjugation of Belarusians compares with that of Russians, but it seems to me that many of them will not be happy about their country being directly involved in this clusterfuck.

So yeah, I agree.
View Quote

I don’t think that Lukashenko can survive open war with Ukraine, and I mean literally.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Put on your head phones and turn it up

???????? ????? ?? 1-?? ????

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#21]

BAMA SUX!!!

View Quote

Sweet, about time that smug pr*ck suffers some adversity.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]
The Russian Military Is Screwed
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfJar63WIAI4tLw?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfJar69XkAEH2g0?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Where are the photon controls and the warp drive?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Hell yeah ashtrays

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

If you knew anything about the Shahed you would know right away this isn't real.
View Quote

I don’t know anything about Shahed but that looks like a TV or stage  light.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Belgorod-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfIc1MnWQAE1fBe?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote
I hope this starts happening regularly.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:

Why is that guy in the rear in the middle of the road and not firing behind cover?  It just seems like instinct that he should have, not be so in the open.
View Quote

The comments below the video indicate that it is a video game.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#28]

I think you nailed it there. He's been talking about making life multi-planetary for a long time and when he's asked why he always says as insurance against an extinction level event or nuclear war. I think he's just freaked out about the heightened risk of nuclear war and he overreacted, haunted by the idea of falling short of his purpose in life. It was dumb as hell to tweet that shit but everyone makes mistakes. The rush to label him an enemy over a handful of garbage tweets is almost equally as dumb.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:

All that's true and great and all.  But Musk still Posted that Ukraine should be ok with all the war crimes committed on them plus give up some land..  none of that makes that shit ok
I think it's because he doesn't see any of this as important in the big scheme of things. To Musk the big goal that overrides *everything else* is to make humanity multi-planetary.  I'm sure that he hates the war and feels bad for the UA people - hell he's probably personally contributed more to UA than any other individual in the world if you consider that Starlink is privately owned. He just wants the world to survive long enough to get humans planted on another world.

The tweet was dumb as a bag of rocks. But I think his heart is in the right place - and he's showing his support in a direct way unlike most of the other billionaires.  My question for WaPo is what is Bezos doing to help?

I think you nailed it there. He's been talking about making life multi-planetary for a long time and when he's asked why he always says as insurance against an extinction level event or nuclear war. I think he's just freaked out about the heightened risk of nuclear war and he overreacted, haunted by the idea of falling short of his purpose in life. It was dumb as hell to tweet that shit but everyone makes mistakes. The rush to label him an enemy over a handful of garbage tweets is almost equally as dumb.

If you go by the cold math where lives lost by a nuclear exchange, even a limited one, versus capitulation to Russia and stopping more killing, then Musk’s thought make sense.  He just doesn’t get the idea of morality, duty to defend your home, to counter genocide, and the futility of pacification of an aggressor state.

This tells me that he may be the man to get us to Mars… but he isn’t the man to build a new society and world there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#29]

The famous Ukrainian sniper, officer of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Evgenia Emerald with the call sign "Joan of Arc" got married. The wedding was played right on the front line in the Kharkiv region.

View Quote
Now that's a keeper.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

...is beyond my comprehension.

Everything in Russia is way behind the western standards.

Technology, they aren't able to built modern cars or planes, exploit their natural ressources, NVDs, fire control system, optics, etc., rockets, missiles, drones, computer systems, computer chips, electrical components, you name it - without the help of the west. Everything is 15 - 25 years behind.

They buy commercial chips from AliExpress for their cruise missiles.

The RU military is a mess, the whole country is corrupt to the bone, the living standards and the life expectancy are significantly lower than in the West.

Wherever you look, you can see incompetence on every level.

But the guys from the KGB, respectively from the successor organizations are able to infiltrate and compromise intelligence agencies, governments, elections, NGOs, churches, everything of political value in the West at will?  

I fucking don't buy it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

... involvement of the KGB in ...

Technology, they aren't able to built modern cars or planes, exploit their natural ressources, NVDs, fire control system, optics, etc., rockets, missiles, drones, computer systems, computer chips, electrical components, you name it - without the help of the west. Everything is 15 - 25 years behind.

The RU military is a mess, the whole country is corrupt to the bone, the living standards and the life expectancy are significantly lower than in the West.

But the guys from the KGB, respectively from the successor organizations are able to infiltrate and compromise intelligence agencies, governments, elections, NGOs, churches, everything of political value in the West at will?  

I fucking don't buy it.

Dude. Existing in Russia gives everyone a lesson in corruption.
They are quite literally masters. Having to pay off three guys before you can take a shit will do that to you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]

I fucking don't buy it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

... involvement of the KGB in ...

I fucking don't buy it.

It's a very complex subject... And to be honest, I'm probably not the best person to educate on it. I have, however, spent the better part of 2 decades reading about and studying it. There's lots of authors/researchers out there that have done a far better job laying things out than I. Start with some of the defectors that have published books detailing their life. Ion Mihai Pacepa is a good one off the top of my head. Or read material from those who were involved in the radical left in one way or another at the time it blew up here in America in the 1960s and 1970s, like David Horowitz or Larry Grathwohl. They detail the Soviet connections to the various radical left movements in America.

You're talking about an intelligence apparatus that went to such lengths as to build entire American and Western style towns including houses, grocery stores, schools, churches, etc. in isolated locations where their intel agents were fostered in every aspect of American/Western life and culture. Russian language was forbidden and only the language of the nation you were infiltrating was allowed and your accent was drilled out of you. The Americans shows this and it's true to life.

You want an example of the Soviets/Russia in religion and the culture of Liberation Theology? How about the Catholic Workers Movement that got its start in 1933? Go look at the "Known Connections" at that link. That's just one example. There's many more on the religion front like the Soviet Islam video I linked.

Or how about in race relations? Try the National Council Of La Raza or Black Panther Party (and subsequent NBPP) both of which started in the 1960s.

Here's a simple example: Soviet/Russian funding and training -> Weather Underground/Bill Ayers/Bernadine Dohrn -> Barack Obama -> Joe Biden

Now dig into the branches off of each and every one of those "stops". There's effects and effects upon effects which ultimately trace back to the Soviet/Russian intel apparatus and the international Marxist/Communist movement.

The things you mention them failing at are highly technical and scientific, and frankly things they never were good at which is why they've always had to focus so much on stealing it. But how much skill does it really take to pay off the gambling debt for a defense worker in exchange for a classified document on a fighter aircraft, or an attractive Russian woman to spread her legs for a dorky guy that works in the office of a politician that happens to be on the House Intel Committee, or to use a dead drop or shortwave numbers station/one time pad cipher to relay information, or to funnel money through various contributors to politicians sympathetic to you, or pull strings at a university to get a particular sympathetic/radical teacher in place? At the end of the day, the motivation for most espionage boils down to sex, money, or ideology; none of which require a very high degree of technical/scientific skill to leverage and exploit like all your examples. That's a big reason the Soviets/Russians put so much emphasis on it, knowing they could not ultimately out gun or out tech us.

I will grant you that the current day Russian intel apparatus is not as finely a tuned machine as it once was but even a dulled blade can still cause damage and, the seeds sown during the Soviet times are still bearing copious fruit for them, in addition to the current crop they're cultivating now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:42:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jus_in_bello] [#32]
Originally Posted By guns762:
Let's please try to stay on topic and not venture into what other GD threads and members think about the war.  That invites those same discussions into this thread and dilutes the news being posted.~guns762
View Quote

Amen to that. I am about to exit stage right on this thread, getting sick of the fake updates about “ bad conservatives”. Painting entire segments of a group because you witnessed something from a few bad eggs is so leftist like and I do not want to read it here.  Especially the constant repetitive comments from the same accounts doing this.

I already avoid those other threads for good reason. I don’t want it here either, and assigning them as “all maga people, far right, or conservatives” has nothing to do with their opinions since this war is mostly unrelated to domestic politics.  It smacks of manipulation. My last opine on it. I’ll just use the ignore feature if I need to.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Another Georgian fighter who died in Ukraine was brought back to his homeland today
https://rustavi2.ge/ka/news/240278

Another Georgian fighter who died in Ukraine was brought back to his homeland today. Family members, relatives and citizens paid their respects to the body of the fighter at Tbilisi International Airport.

Edisher Kvaratskhelia was a professional soldier and a participant in the August war, he was in Ukraine since 2014.

On October 10, a Georgian fighter was killed in the bombing near Bakhmut. Edisher Kvaratskhelia's civil funeral will be held in the Trinity Cathedral, and the fighter will be taken to his native Tsalenjikha tomorrow evening. He will be buried on Thursday.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Now that's a keeper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Now that's a keeper.

Is everyone clear that SHE is the sniper?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLurker] [#37]

May be bs, but based on events, more likely official guidance to new orcs.

Edit. My bad, this is from September so likely already posted.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

That is not my experience, and I'm glad you weren't in my fire team
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Good example why optics are a waste. Spray and pray is what real firefights are like.

That is not my experience, and I'm glad you weren't in my fire team

In my experience the spray and pray guys lost every time against the aiming guys.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: i_tell_you_what] [#39]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#40]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfIfVuNWIAEO5d3?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Is that supposed to make us think they now have built in GPS in there alcohol pickled brains?? I don't get it?? Seriously wtf is that supposed to do for there war fighting skills across a battlefield that is 300-400 meters apart??,
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#42]

BAMA SUX!!!

View Quote

Fuck yes!!! One of the best game endings I've seen in last 10 years!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

This isn't real.
View Quote

Fixed for you.

Good grief, dude.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#44]

This isn’t the first time Musk has said some really stupid shit.  Someone he respects and/or is close to him (and working as an influence agent) probably put the idea in his head and guided his  response in the desired direction, and Musk went whole hog like he usually does.  The questions is who put the the idea in his head?
View All Quotes

Whoever or whatever caused him to go off the rails needs to disappear, I sure hope he figured it out and gets his shit right
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Wow, that really does show how far ahead the west is from the "other side".  I'm just curious how far China is ahead of russia.. but man that is light years ahead
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Good!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Good video to see how combined arms plays out. Tank pounds position, IFVs role in and bring infantry, then pull back and don't just idle to be a sitting target.

Of course the Russians execute the fallen soldier too.
View Quote

The Russian attack was decent, attacked with overwhelming force. Had the UA positions had proper defense and some AT weapons it would have stalled as soon as that tank blew its top.

What I was curious about was what hit those UA guys running away. I didnt see any arty impacts anywhere nearby and have to assume they were getting sprayed by RU gunners from somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Wow, that really does show how far ahead the west is from the "other side".  I'm just curious how far China is ahead of russia.. but man that is light years ahead
View All Quotes

You can read a little more about it here if interested.

https://www.kongsberg.com/kda/what-we-do/defence-and-security/integrated-air-and-missile-defence/nasams-air-defence-system/
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By doolyd:

I have watched a lot of footage of US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and it always seemed like you could never seen an actually enemy and soldiers were just sending rounds down range by the metric shit ton.  I have 0 experience so I don't understand.
View Quote

Small arms fire in combat is aimed at known, likely, and suspected enemy positions, with the vast majority of which being directed at the last two. It's generally meant to keep the enemy pinned in place so another element can maneuver on them or you can hit them with supporting arms.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 9:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#50]
View Quote

Can someone explain this to me as if I was a 5 year old?
Not familiar with Soviet tank models and stuff.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2831 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top