Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2836 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'm still waiting on the 100,000 North Korean troops to show up. I want to see how fast they defect when they see food.
View Quote

Operation Big Mac
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Was it ever confirmed that Russia got artillery shells (and other supplies) from North Korea?

Because if true, then it is just the most hilarious thing in the world, that the big mighty scary superpower Russia has to go begging to both Iran and North Korea to buy their shitty weapons.  

What next?  Hire some mercenaries from Venezuela and buy some trucks from Myanmar?  
View Quote

I believe it was confirmed. Although it still may be crawling along some train tracks in the 87,000 mile journey from N. Korea.
Also the ammo was Russian from the 1970's iirc that the Norks bought and now Russia had to buy back, for stronk reasons.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I tend to agree, Putin is probably forcing Lukashenko to get off the fence. The wild card is if the Belarus public rises up against him if he joins the war. If things went the wrong way, Belarus could see civil war. And Russia probably couldn't spare the troops to help the regime.
View Quote

The people are already aligned against him and have been since his last election steal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Although to your previous point, I guess a good way to tell is if we start to see a significant contraction in the capabilities of the groups they have been arming across the middle east? To be honest I haven't paid attention to some of those conflicts near as much lately so I wouldn't be a very good judge of what's cooled off or what is status quo
View Quote

Its a good point. I bet the other Iranian proxies see a short term decline in their shipments. Either because they are directly re-routed to Russia, or non-related manufacturing and shipping facilities are busy with the Russian orders. Russia being the main friend of Iran probably caused everything else to be put on hold.

But, I fear the quality of the Iranian gear may increase after the serious tests from UA. Or, they use up their supply of Western sources of chips and the holes in the sanctions to get more chips get plugged. But these assholes are devious so anything can happen. Ideally, Israel gets on the UA bandwagon and does what they do best.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

Operation Big Mac
View Quote
I'm imagining Bayraktars dropping cupcakes with notes in Korean saying come to our side we have cake.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Gaze in wonder at our superweapons Russia!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Israel want to test their missile defence.

A little late, but anyway.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]

I honestly thought the one thing Russia had going for it was an unlimited supply of old shitty soviet equipment they could fall back on indefinitely until they eventually got what they wanted through attrition.
I was wrong and its hilarious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Was it ever confirmed that Russia got artillery shells (and other supplies) from North Korea?

Because if true, then it is just the most hilarious thing in the world, that the big mighty scary superpower Russia has to go begging to both Iran and North Korea to buy their shitty weapons.  

What next?  Hire some mercenaries from Venezuela and buy some trucks from Myanmar?  

I honestly thought the one thing Russia had going for it was an unlimited supply of old shitty soviet equipment they could fall back on indefinitely until they eventually got what they wanted through attrition.
I was wrong and its hilarious.
Nicolas Cage made a documentary about it a few years back
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Belgorod

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
21 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

This is the propaganda crap that so many useless militaries do to sell to their citizens that they got things under control…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Unsure of vintage on this one but it is pretty funny.

This is the propaganda crap that so many useless militaries do to sell to their citizens that they got things under control…

It looked like a "training" montage from a bad 1970's kung fu movie. All that was missing was the 2 2x4's whacking together sound.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]

It might be still under warranty.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I don't see Iran supplying Russia with enough to let themselves be diminished. They have shit going on everywhere and don't have the assload of nukes to get their enemies to capitulate. I think internal strife is the most likely way to diminish them
View Quote

They’re currently threatening to cross Iraqi border to attack Kurdistan over protests inside Iran
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Clearly Iran is just helping Russia fight the globohomo and uphold Christian values.

View Quote

They do hang gays and back in Syria we’re claiming to be the saviors of Christians from isis. Interestingly isis is bombing Shiites in Afghanistan with near impunity right next door to Iran and Pakistan is doing fuck all about isis in Afghanistan as well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#18]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#19]

I’ve been trying to stay up on that. I’m waiting to see if that offensive renews after a 2 week lull. The Russians have added some reservists from the 16,000 in theater to Ukraine but it’s possible Kiev sweeps the entire eastern portion across the River if they press and keep sacking Russian pontoons.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I hope so.

This is big news as it will just extend the conflict timeline to the right, fucking POS Iranian regime
View Quote

5 years I’ve posted pics of Putin Khamenei Russia - Iran news in threads, I’m going to have to buy these to get my posts noticed                                  
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Interesting. What does that do? Is it a guided torpedo with a warhead? Or just some sensors? Can it fight off RU killer dolphins?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Interesting. What does that do? Is it a guided torpedo with a warhead? Or just some sensors? Can it fight off RU killer dolphins?

Basically it could be an underwater drone, or one that carries divers underwater to their destinations, or it could have a warhead and be guided.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#22]

They're working on that...

China's J-20 Stealth Fighter: Now with Chinese Engines? - January 10, 2021
View Quote

Hopefully the French and Germans don’t help with that like with the subs and ships
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

They do hang gays and back in Syria we’re claiming to be the saviors of Christians from isis. Interestingly isis is bombing Shiites in Afghanistan with near impunity right next door to Iran and Pakistan is doing fuck all about isis in Afghanistan as well.
View All Quotes

Clearly Iran is just helping Russia fight the globohomo and uphold Christian values.

I need a program. I can't keep track of the players anymore.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Ukraine news: EU states want to train soldiers
https://www.dw.com/de/ukraine-aktuell-eu-staaten-wollen-soldaten-ausbilden/a-63435127

The EU states have agreed on a training mission for the Ukrainian armed forces. The Committee of Permanent Representatives of the 27 member states unanimously approved plans in Brussels that provide training programs for around 15,000 soldiers, as the German Press Agency reported, citing diplomats. In order to minimize the risk of Russia attacking the mission, the training should not be organized in Ukraine, but in countries such as Poland and Germany.

German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht said on Thursday on the sidelines of a NATO meeting in Brussels that Germany would make a significant contribution to the mission. According to EU sources, the Bundeswehr is to train up to 5,000 Ukrainian soldiers in the coming months.

The EU mission is initially scheduled to run for two years. Within this framework, for example, snipers are to be trained and skills in areas such as mine clearance and medical service are to be taught. Several EU countries are already training Ukrainian soldiers on the basis of national agreements.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Basically it could be an underwater drone, or one that carries divers underwater to their destinations, or it could have a warhead and be guided.

View All Quotes

What is old is new again. Reminds me of the human torpedoes the Italians used in WW2.
10th Light Flotilla - Italian Underwater Operations at Malta and Alexandria

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Operation Big Mac
View All Quotes
I'm still waiting on the 100,000 North Korean troops to show up. I want to see how fast they defect when they see food.

Operation Big Mac

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Was that ABBA? LOL
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I tend to agree, Putin is probably forcing Lukashenko to get off the fence. The wild card is if the Belarus public rises up against him if he joins the war. If things went the wrong way, Belarus could see civil war. And Russia probably couldn't spare the troops to help the regime.
View Quote

You're absoultely right. It's very precarious for the govt in Belarus at the moment...... and that's without jumping into a real unpopular war.

Imagine if  Lukashenko gets overthrown and it's replaced with a democratic, EU leaning one? lol. Oh man.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#29]
Close up of an impact next to UA troops.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By johnspark:
Was that ABBA? LOL
View Quote
I really don't know
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote
Oh shit
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:53:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#32]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

@dillydilly

Damn dude, I think it's wise they depart the area and not wait.  From everythibg we have seen from occupied Russian territory I would be terrified of family being behind the lines..  is it really worth rolling the dice and thinking its all a bluff?? Get them out of there. Atleast for a month to see what's going down.

From what I'm seeing on the northern border and rhetoric coming out of Belarus I damn sure wouldn't take a chance if it was my loved ones
View Quote

@AROKIE

Just spoke with my cousin, telling them to dip. He said they’ve been expecting this since the war started. All in Gods hands he says, know God will protect them. Here’s his message to me, same as it was at the start of all of this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#34]

Mentioned before-

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Does Russia have some secret stash of well trained pilots?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Ai yai yai, that was close!  The previously wounded guy was the first one getting out of Dodge.

I sure hope Israel is serious and they get some things sent over pronto.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#37]
10min ago.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Conscripts, they will learn after take off.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#39]

5 years I’ve posted pics of Putin Khamenei Russia - Iran news in threads, I’m going to have to buy these to get my posts noticed                                   https://media.tenor.com/rdkHWmsaP5sAAAAC/inflatable-tube-man-air-dancer.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I hope so.

This is big news as it will just extend the conflict timeline to the right, fucking POS Iranian regime

5 years I’ve posted pics of Putin Khamenei Russia - Iran news in threads, I’m going to have to buy these to get my posts noticed                                   https://media.tenor.com/rdkHWmsaP5sAAAAC/inflatable-tube-man-air-dancer.gif

This one might get more attention.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#40]
If I was a Russian not in Kherson I would be worried.
View All Quotes
If I was a Russian not in Kherson I would be worried.

Good point.  For all we know, this could be a feint and we will see the UA in Mariupol next week.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Just curious. I always see people selling fruits, vegetables, etc. The one guy today with some random circuit boards and a sign saying looking to buy stood out.

I can't find the Facebook posts. Must have been deleted, but they were buying components by the kilogram.
View Quote

There is no reason for concern. Hams and others are always looking for tubes as they are getting harder to find. Many people like restoring antiques.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Good point.  For all we know, this could be a feint and we will see the UA in Mariupol next week.
View Quote
Seeing the Ukrainian army in the Avstvol would be amazing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Nice anchor grenade.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Those <7 day streets to the front transitions are not going to work out very well for fighter jocks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

I just watched a video of this tank moving in circles... almost perfect circles as if the driver was dead and pushing the gas pedal

I want to see this video.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2836 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top