Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2950 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Slava Ukraina!
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 5:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I just don't see many Russians that are willing to wage guerilla war and literally get strung up from a lamppost if caught over Kherson.  Anyone caught doing this would probably be shot out of hand and it would t even be illegal.

Practice\Section I. According to the US Field Manual (1976), the use of civilian clothing by troops to conceal their military character during battle is an act for which a combatant would lose his right to be treated as a prisoner of war.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By klinc:

Russia is going to make going in there as ugly as possible.
I just don't see many Russians that are willing to wage guerilla war and literally get strung up from a lamppost if caught over Kherson.  Anyone caught doing this would probably be shot out of hand and it would t even be illegal.

Practice\Section I. According to the US Field Manual (1976), the use of civilian clothing by troops to conceal their military character during battle is an act for which a combatant would lose his right to be treated as a prisoner of war.

I interpreted the tweet as meaning locals are seeing deserters trying to melt into the local population and let the front pass over them, not that fanatical guerrillas are fanning out.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 5:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#3]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Yeah so the spike missiles that are in all the other countries....

Israel blocked them
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-refused-us-request-to-transfer-anti-tank-missiles-to-ukraine-report/

So it's not like Israel is going to draw down their inventory from other nations.
View Quote
I guess it never occurred to some that Israel may have buy-back clauses that could be triggered?

Like I stated, cut them some slack unless you can produce the contract.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Dog's brain broke for a second when it recognized who was standing there.
View Quote

I thought it was a frightful pause before recognizing.

Either way, good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
It's started. Rain and standing water in the foxhole. Mud.
I swear to god, if american southern boys are there with the foreign legion the russians might find out how comfortable we are at hunting in a swamp. There are guys who camouflage surf boards to use as a table for their shotguns and gear.
View Quote

You southern boys stay out in that shit for a couple weeks/months before you get rotated back for a breather?

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
I guess it never occurred to some that Israel may have buy-back clauses that could be triggered?

View Quote

Nah, fuck that. They can be subject to the same criticism leveled at Germany at the start of this conflict for similar policies regarding the transfer of lethal aid.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

You southern boys stay out in that shit for a couple weeks/months before you get rotated back for a breather?

View Quote

That depends on how good the hunting is. My friends and I went home once because our hands were frozen up so much we could no longer operate our shotguns, burned like hell when they warmed up. Then we went back out. But I do get your point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Swampgrass] [#8]

That depends on how good the hunting is. My friends and I went home once because our hands were frozen up so much we could no longer operate our shotguns, burned like hell when they warmed up. Then we went back out. But I do get your point.
View All Quotes

I read it again and I sounded more harsh then intended. My bad buddy.

Edit- point is shits cold up here in the frozen tundra. My wife and kids could do it outside in a rickety shack, but probably not so much if anyone other then mother nature is trying to kill us.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
I swear to god, if american southern boys are there with the foreign legion the russians might find out how comfortable we are at hunting in a swamp. There are guys who camouflage surf boards to use as a table for their shotguns and gear.

Standing in a cold, wet, muddy foxhole without much to do to keep warm sucks. Compounded to the extreme if no ability to keep feet dry and warm.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]

I thought it was a frightful pause before recognizing.

Either way, good stuff.
View Quote

Hat and uniform.  I have one dog that thinks I'm a home invader until I remove my hat.  Thinks the same when my son comes over.  Except when she growls and barks at him I give her a treat...
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Dog?

View Quote

Not entirely certain...
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stgdz] [#12]

View All Quotes

Israel blocked them
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-refused-us-request-to-transfer-anti-tank-missiles-to-ukraine-report/

So it's not like Israel is going to draw down their inventory from other nations.

Nope but the likelihood that the west would come to Israel's aid is very high.  We have been shitting on all the nations in Europe, for not sending aid to Ukraine but Israeli gets a pass.

Nuh uh
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I think any military that quadruples in size in 6 months is going to be a bit rough.
View Quote

That's precisely the situation.

Total war means you need as many troops as you can get.  Officers get 90 days of training.  In WWII Army infantry and Marines made do with as little as 6-8 weeks.

Eugene Sledge fought on Peleliu and Okinawa and was one of six or so Marines left.  So if I start out with 8 weeks of training, take 100% casualties in two months...what is left is going to look pretty basic.  You aren't taking low enough casualties to get around the law of diminishing returns where leaders last long enough to learn anything. It feeds on itself.  Fire and maneuver and cover and concealment is as good as you can hope for.

The world where you train 8 months and deploy to Afghanistan and take 25% casualties isn't this.  Fire supporters take low enough casualties that they live and learn but the grunts don't.  Which tilts the playing field further.

There are strategic considerations....I don't see Ukrainians pulling division off the lime so they can retrain overly...they take fewer casualties in the long run if they keep the pressure on in the short term.  None of this results in grunts that may look all that impressive on film.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#14]
At least they actually look like soldiers. Have the Russians beat solidly on that front.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
If they meet the daily average of 292.5 for the next 60 days, we should have about 91,550 for New Year's day.

With the increase in activity that number may be much higher. What a waste of life. Go the fuck home while you can.
View Quote

And over 100k by the 28th of February - aka “Special Military Operation” anniversary 😆
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

It’s interesting to hear Ukrainian spoken the way I’ve spoken it my whole life - mixed in with some Russian.

She said said spasiba instead of dyakuyu.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Edit- point is shits cold up here in the frozen tundra. My wife and kids could do it outside in a rickety shack, but probably not so much if anyone other then mother nature is trying to kill us.
View Quote

Ah, michigan. Very cold. Maybe similar to my time in Kansas but more cold and more snow, a lot more snow. I also spent some time in Minnesota, which is probably similar.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Dog?

View All Quotes

Dog?

lol, he was very small, more like a hamster.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
It's what Joe does when he doesn't have to worry about melting barrels.

View Quote

and Ammo costs
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Ah, michigan. Very cold. Maybe similar to my time in Kansas but more cold and more snow, a lot more snow. I also spent some time in Minnesota, which is probably similar.
View All Quotes

We come from down south. I've lived in Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, Alabama ect.. Getting soaked to the bone in a mangrove swamp isn't something most southerners could compare to being in a frozen tundra.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:32:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder where this is going....edit looks click-baitish, hard to tell without whole context. If Mark really believes what this edit makes it look like, why is he making his 5th supply run there?

Comments look like GD.  

Force Recon Marine Provides New Details On The War In Ukraine

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Some of us, yeah.

Granted, it was when I was much younger and still in good health.

I miss being young and stupy sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#26]
Fake Ukrainian BMP as seen from a drone.

lol

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]

Reposted, sorry.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Some of us, yeah.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Some of us, yeah.

As I said I was harsh.
Love ya guys.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

That’s a lot of hurt in one go there!
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Ukrainians fix abandoned Russian combat vehicles for re-use

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Reposted, sorry.
View Quote

Live by the howitzer, die by the howitzer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Dog?

View All Quotes

Dog?

You got me laughing hard
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#35]

https://i.imgur.com/cNRywFR.jpg

View All Quotes

Nice, lol.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

That's a lot of hurt in one go there!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

That's a lot of hurt in one go there!
Probably got a good bit of officers there. Maybe some Iranians if they got really lucky.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

That looks pretty good. Now I'm hungry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

The managerial implementation of this war is quite high.  It's likely that a bunch of professionals got drafted and instead of putting them on two way ranges as trigger pullers and just calling dominoes for pizza.  The Ukrainians realized certain people are more effective in different areas and realized that people who were cooks may make good cooks for the troops.

That looks pretty good. Now I'm hungry.

Who doesn't like hunting and camping with your friends?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Evacuating civilians to a "15 mile buffer zone" and unexpectedly withdrawing fighting units?  Is this the part where Russia uses a nuclear weapon?

Kyiv wary as Russian official signals new retreat in southern Ukraine

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/grain-ships-sail-ukraine-ports-russian-missiles-knock-out-power-across-country-2022-10-31/

KYIV, Nov 3 (Reuters) - A Russian-installed occupation official in southern Ukraine said on Thursday Moscow was likely to pull its troops from the west bank of the Dnipro River, signalling a huge retreat that, if confirmed, would be a major turning point in the war.

Still, Ukrainian officials and Western analysts remained cautious about signs that Russia was abandoning the area, and there was silence from higher-ups in Moscow over what would amount to one of Russia's most humiliating retreats so far.

Kyiv said it was still fighting in the area and was wary that Moscow could be setting a trap by feigning a pull-out.

"Most likely our units, our soldiers, will leave for the left (eastern) bank," Kirill Stremousov, the Russian-installed deputy civilian administrator of the Kherson region, said in an interview with Solovyov Live, a pro-Kremlin online media outlet.

The area includes Kherson city, capital of the region of the same name, and the only major city Russia has captured intact since its invasion in February. It also includes one side of a huge dam across the Dnipro which controls the water supply to irrigate Crimea, the peninsula Russia has occupied since 2014.

Previously, Russia had vehemently denied its forces were planning to withdraw from the area, one of the most important new conquests which President Vladimir Putin claimed to have annexed to Russia at the end of September.

Speculation swirled on Thursday over whether Russia was indeed pulling out, after photos circulated on the internet showing the main administrative building in Kherson city with Russia's flag no longer flying atop it. Ukraine said those images could be Russian disinformation.

Natalia Humeniuk, spokesperson for Ukraine's southern military command, said it could be a Russian trap.

"This could be a manifestation of a particular provocation, in order to create the impression that the settlements are abandoned, that it is safe to enter them, while they are preparing for street battles," she said in televised comments.

"We continue fighting, also in the Kherson direction, despite the fact that the enemy is trying to convince us that they are leaving the settlements and creating the effect of a total evacuation," she said.

U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said he believed Ukrainian forces could retake Kherson, in perhaps his most optimistic comments on the pivotal campaign to date.

BATTLEFIELD PRIORITY
Russia has fought for months to hang on to the pocket of land it holds on the west bank at the mouth of the river that bisects Ukraine. Moscow had sent tens of thousands of troops to reinforce the area, one of its biggest battlefield priorities.

Ukraine has attacked the main river crossings for months, making it difficult for Russia to supply its huge force on the west bank. Ukrainian troops have been advancing along the river since bursting through the Russian frontline there at the start of October, although their advance had slowed in recent days.

Russia had ordered civilians to evacuate from occupied areas on the west bank, and this week also ordered them out of a 15 km buffer zone on the east bank as well. Kyiv says those evacuation orders amount to forced deportation, a war crime.

Stremousov urged civilians remaining in Kherson city to leave immediately, saying they were putting their lives in danger.

Ukraine maintains tight secrecy about the progress of its troops at the front in Kherson but has so far been publicly cautious about any suggestions that Russia is vacating positions there. Ukrainian troops on the front line last week, visited by Reuters, said they saw no evidence Russian forces were withdrawing and believed they were in fact reinforcing.

Michael Kofman, a top U.S. expert on the Russian military who has just returned from the Ukrainian side of the Kherson front, said Moscow's intentions were unclear. He doubted Russia would abandon the west bank of the river "without being forcibly pressed out", but he also "could be wrong about this".

"The situation in Kherson is clear as mud," tweeted Kofman, director of Russia studies at the Center for Naval Analyses think tank. "Russian forces seemed to withdraw from some parts, evacuated, and drew down, but also reinforced with mobilised personnel. The fighting there is difficult. Despite constrained supply, Russian forces do not appear to be out of ammo."

The European Union's top diplomat said international partners had a moral duty to continue to support Ukraine in its fight against the invasion during the winter months.

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell warned on the sidelines of a meeting of G7 foreign ministers in the German town of Muenster that Putin was resorting to attacks on the civil infrastructure because of setbacks on the battlefield.

"Putin's Russia is destroying Ukraine. They cannot occupy it, they cannot win on the battlefield, they cannot win the war - and they are destroying the country systematically," the diplomat told reporters.
View Quote

Keep them on the east side of the river.

Then make Melitopol the next target.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Remove chemical heater from MRE.  Ad a slight bit of water to only partially active heater.  It become a giant hand warmer for a while.  Put it in a pocket, sit on it, whatever floats your boat.  Do not add too much water or it will superheat.

Very pleasant when miserable cold in the field.  

Hope brings some warmth to the good guys.  

Slava Ukraini
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#42]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fgrmnc9XkAIV6il?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

Guess it’s better than what they did in Donbass by hiding amongst the populace.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Ugly ass dog had me in tears.

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By m00ler03:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#47]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

FBHO/XIDEN being evil to the core is reason enough.  

I can't wait till we have an America-loving, LEGITIMATE president occupying the White House again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Israel has many options that they are not shy to use. The US isn't shy either when it comes to using Israel as its proxy.

There has been a very even hand when it comes to dealing with Iran for over 40 years now. Their behavior both at home and abroad has been reprehensible. They have never been called to the carpet and punished anywhere close to the level of their disrepute. Selective assassinations of chief military and nuclear personnel isn't anywhere close to dealing with them as a nation.

If they continue on the course of becoming a nuclear power, I suspect they will be set on fire and turned to rubble. Lately their citizens seem to be finally fed up with medieval religious practices, they naturally return to the human fold without any outside intervention. I'm not holding my breath.  

Will the Xiden Admin. support Israel if they decide to strike Iran? I think not. I bet "we" have warned Israel to play nice while we help Iran get nukes. For some reason the FBHO/Xiden gang are obsessed with helping Iran while hurting Israel.

FBHO/XIDEN being evil to the core is reason enough.  

I can't wait till we have an America-loving, LEGITIMATE president occupying the White House again.

Don’t want to get too far off here (but Ukraine is, in fact, fighting against Iranian drones, probably with Iranian pilots based in Crimea):

- Obama was behind the “Iran nuclear deal,” but why?

- Israel was 100% against it, while the EU was entirely for it (especially the German greens), and

- Valerie Jarrett.  Remember her?  Obama’s chief of staff.  His “ideas person.”  She was not elected, but wielded immense power over the Obama/Biden administration.  So what?  So:

“Jarrett was born in Shiraz, Iran,[1] during the Shah's rule, to American parents James E. Bowman and Barbara T. Bowman.”

“As a child, Jarrett spoke Persian, French, and English.[9] “

She has a major soft-spot for Iran.  And consider also:

- the Iran nuclear deal was considered a MAJOR win / accomplishment of the Obama / Biden administration.

Is it any wonder FJB is not coming up with anything original, but instead trying to revive the Iran deal?  

Consider also:  Israel LOVED Trump.  Might not mean much to you, but Trump ordered the US Embassy moved to the capital of Israel, Jerusalem, from its old home in Tel Aviv.

The right wing in Israel supported and applauded Israel declaring Jerusalem the capital, while the leftists hated that move.

Nuclear assistance:

- Iran originally rejected Russian money for their crappy drones.  Inexplicably, the Iranians changed their mind.  To me, it could only be the promise of nuclear help that swayed Tehran.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Not really. They’ve made peace with almost all of the Sunni nations.
View All Quotes

Israel is surrounded by enemies and it would not make sense for them to draw down their inventories.  Cut them some slack.

Not really. They’ve made peace with almost all of the Sunni nations.

Trump did that (not that anyone will ever give him credit for it).
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Israel blocked them

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Israel is in a pickle!

Bibis back

The Bibi's back, and you're gonna be in trouble.

Hey na, hey na, the Bibi's back.

[removed]

Israel and the USA support each other, the only stooge is pretty obvious.

If that were true they would have given a shit pile more of their weapons and not stood in the way of spike transfer to Ukraine.

Israel only cares about Israel unlike the other nations.

Israel is surrounded by enemies and it would not make sense for them to draw down their inventories.  Cut them some slack.

Israel blocked them

Yeah I’m cutting is real slack here, they literally arm everyone. They are world arms dealers and saying no to a client is like crack dealer saying no to buyer with cash. You also have to understand that isreal has a long history of working and selling to Ukraine, it’s only a recent thing that the pivoted on. Don’t believe me, well I’ve seen all the IWI products there going back 15 years. lots of IWI weapons in. The country already and have been for a long time.

It was a political pivot to not upset Russia by the prime minister period. He probably got a call from Putin and paid off. Israel has always sold to them previously, and they jointly developed certain items. Enough said, if you think is real doesn’t have a deep enough stockpile of weapons to fight Hezbollah and who? Syria is toast, Egypt is a frenemy, Jordan has good relations, its bullshit period. Our military assistance is significant and personally I’d rather it go to Ukraine if that’s how they are going to play.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2950 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top