Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2956 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/A7F5C5B0-FF9A-4F94-8590-C6C19260708C_jpe-2587814.JPG

So this went out this AM vis Meest and FedEx, part 2 of 3. Not sure exactly what's there but lots of heavy boxes of ECWS gear, minus 60 boots and few other odds and ends  (that's going next week). Destination mostly dniprovets-1 and some to other mil units. I'll post once it gets there.

This is from the gear drive a few weeks back. Know your money was spent well, see the US gov fit out a company with same gear for 10k. Love you guys. People on the list for stuff like patches, flags (some have been given already) will be awarded as swag arrives here. Probably a few weeks out, baba is collecting it but usefully comes after first winter fight with Dete. Hasn't happened yet. Not sure if it's the lack of snow yet, or the power outages have them getting along for now.

Was a little behind schedule because of war grifters BSing us but it on the way!!!

Slava Ukraini!
Thanks from Mila

Americans in Ukraine Foundation
View Quote
Excellent!!!

Been trying to make sure don't get hit with import duties on my shipment. Only have about 140lbs, not quite as large as yours! FIL got a letter from commander requesting the items we have, so should be in the clear.

Finally went to Meest today to print labels, and for some reason kept getting an AVS error. Hour on the phone with them and no solution. Nothing is easy!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Hell yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Hell yes
Reapers in Ukraine
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]

The republicans need to muzzle that, they hold her purse strings. Not usually one to endorse censor by a party to toe the line but the Ukraine messaging coming out is pure artillery for the left. Never hear a word about the 40 democrats opposing the war because they got a handle on it quick.

My mom swears that republicans are against helping the Ukraine because of people like her and Tucker. She's Going to vote joe thanks to them.
View Quote
The bitch spews straight up Qtard shit and Russian talking points. It's pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]

TG channel associated with the Russian 205th Motorized Brigade-
Regarding your questions regarding the abandonment of Kherson and the trap of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Any offensive operation in a modern war is: intelligence, additional intelligence, alternative sources of information. Any np includes an assault group, whose task is to suppress the obvious presence of the enemy, then the mopping up groups enter, revealing the hidden presence. And only then the main forces. The fact that everyone in Kherson switched to civilian clothing is just a security measure. To prevent the identification of places of deployment and residence.
https://t.me/mototroopers_205/487

Commander of Akhmat.
As my dear BROTHER - Head of the Chechen Republic, Hero of Russia Ramzan Kadyrov @RKadyrov_95 , his status does not matter to anyone in the KADYROV team. The main thing is that we must be useful to our country and people - this is the basis of the path of AKHMAT-KHADZHI KADYROV (DALA g1azot kobaldoyla tsunan). I arrived on the territory of Donbas in the status of an assistant to the Head of the Chechen Republic, subsequently I was transferred to the post of Secretary of the Security Council of the Chechen Republic, and now a decision has been made to transfer to the position of a fighter of the Ministry of Defense and assistant to the Head of the Chechen Republic. To be honest, nothing has changed for me personally. As I did, I will continue to do everything necessary to achieve our victory. All orders of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief will be carried out unquestioningly. At the same time, I consider it necessary to note that I continue to be the commander of the legendary Akhmat special forces. The zone of responsibility of the 2nd Army Corps of the LPR and the special forces "Akhmat" reaches two hundred kilometers. Job changes did not affect our tasks in any way. Work to destroy the enemy continues. The situation in the Svatovo-Kremennaya region is stable. A sufficient number of forces and means have been transferred to this section. Volunteer detachments continue to arrive from the Chechen Republic, which will contribute to the build-up of additional (reserve) forces and means.Thus, the enemy's attempts to advance were severely stopped and methodical work is being carried out to search for and destroy the enemy who may have leaked earlier in the Svatovo-Makeyevka sector. This section was not particularly difficult, since our fighters had long since learned to handle the enemy in a proper way. As noted earlier, the enemy is already exhausted. And the talk of some colleagues about the advancing fifty / seventy thousandth enemy detachments is from the world of fantasy. The enemy has exhausted its previously abandoned resource. And the miserable one-time offensive attempts of the enemy have only the goal of finding places convenient for themselves. And in a collision with our positions, the desire to continue disappears from the enemy at the root. Therefore, there is no reason for concern for our site. Everything's under control. Might be worth looking at other areas. Frankly, at the initial stage of the NMD, the 2nd Army Corps of the LPR had a difficult situation with equipment. At the same time, the AKHMAT special forces received all kinds of support both from the Russian Ministry of Defense and on behalf of RAMZAN KADYROV ROF named after AKHMAT-KHADZHI KADYROV. Therefore, we never had any deficit in anything. At the same time, I consider it necessary to note that today the Akhmat special forces have become one with the 2nd Army Corps of the LPR, and at this time no one has any problems with logistical security.As I said earlier, not a single mobilized person arrived in the 2nd Army Corps of the LPR and the special forces "Akhmat", except for those who arrived in the 2nd Army Corps of the LPR from the LPR itself. Only volunteers continue to arrive at the Akhmat special forces. Thus, in our section there is not a single mobilized from other regions of Russia. And I note that a huge number of mobilized have a desire to come to us, to our site. There are many appeals through various means of communication with requests to transfer them to the Akhmat special forces. AKHMAT STRENGTH - RUSSIA POWER - ALLAH GREAT!
https://t.me/AptiAlaudinovAKHMAT/317

Ukrainian volunteer evacuating civilians from Luhansk

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Reapers in Ukraine
View Quote
How long till HARMM gets installed on them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Reapers in Ukraine
oof, didn't think of that. I wonder if they're compatible?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
oof, didn't think of that. I wonder if they're compatible?
View Quote
They got stuck on Russian shit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Excellent!!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif

Been trying to make sure don't get hit with import duties on my shipment. Only have about 140lbs, not quite as large as yours! FIL got a letter from commander requesting the items we have, so should be in the clear.

Finally went to Meest today to print labels, and for some reason kept getting an AVS error. Hour on the phone with them and no solution. Nothing is easy!!
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/A7F5C5B0-FF9A-4F94-8590-C6C19260708C_jpe-2587814.JPG

So this went out this AM vis Meest and FedEx, part 2 of 3. Not sure exactly what's there but lots of heavy boxes of ECWS gear, minus 60 boots and few other odds and ends  (that's going next week). Destination mostly dniprovets-1 and some to other mil units. I'll post once it gets there.

This is from the gear drive a few weeks back. Know your money was spent well, see the US gov fit out a company with same gear for 10k. Love you guys. People on the list for stuff like patches, flags (some have been given already) will be awarded as swag arrives here. Probably a few weeks out, baba is collecting it but usefully comes after first winter fight with Dete. Hasn't happened yet. Not sure if it's the lack of snow yet, or the power outages have them getting along for now.

Was a little behind schedule because of war grifters BSing us but it on the way!!!

Slava Ukraini!
Thanks from Mila

Americans in Ukraine Foundation
Excellent!!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif

Can’t help you there, we don’t have that issue that I’m aware of being a registered fed non-profit in both countries, that luxury tax applies to certain stuff but IDK about the details, I just pick out the gear so it’s good, move it here there wherever wife says go, but this only second or third time using meest. There are other ways too but nothing that picks up from your porch.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Eeeek.

They will be a juicy target for the Russians.

I'd rather see Ukraine get a fat batch of ATACMS for the same money.
View All Quotes

Eeeek.

They will be a juicy target for the Russians.

I'd rather see Ukraine get a fat batch of ATACMS for the same money.

I would guess they'll be employed more for persistent ISR coverage than as strike aircraft, unless they turn out to be significantly stealthier than the Bayraktar. They're flying at a higher altitude (40-50kft), so they're out of the range of SHORAD, but there are still a lot of missile systems that should be able to kill it (S300/400, Buk, Tor).
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Russian propaganda channels:

'OK this winter Europe may be ok with gas but next year Iggy1337 wil freeze to death apparently.'

Looks like they are letting go of the freezing to death narrative for now. I cant see the next winter being worse than this as alternative sources are becomming stable.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Webopname_4-11-2022_232751_www_businessi-2587660.jpg
View Quote

Russian propaganda channels never consider any downsides they will suffer. And suffer they must.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]

The republicans need to muzzle that, they hold her purse strings. Not usually one to endorse censor by a party to toe the line but the Ukraine messaging coming out is pure artillery for the left. Never hear a word about the 40 democrats opposing the war because they got a handle on it quick.

My mom swears that republicans are against helping the Ukraine because of people like her and Tucker. She's Going to vote joe thanks to them.
View Quote
My hope is the republicans realize they would take a hit politically if they really cut off Ukraine cold turkey. Everything bad that happens in Ukraine, democrats would attack. "This cruise missile that hit the mall and killed 50 could have been stopped, but Ukraine was out of air defense" would be the message. And tactically, pulling out half way through would compound the Afghan debacle, and our message worldwide. The weakness would be totally uncovered, and America would be seen as no core principles anymore, just easily politically manipulated every two years and wild policy swings.

I hope it's all just election bluster. Sent my straight R ballot yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

I think they can be punished as unlawful combatants pursuant to the martial judicial processes and laws of the country in question, which can ostensibly include death as a penalty, but I'm not sure their lives are automatically forfeit.  We have a lot of military folks here, so I'm sure someone has the answer and can chime in.  I don't think Ukraine allows the death penalty, but I'm not sure about that one, either.
View Quote

Every country has the death penalty when it comes to spies and saboteurs. In order to be protected under the Geniva Convention you have to be wearing the uniform of your country when captured. Infiltrators under the cover of civilian status deserve to die. Slowly.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Something exploded. Pro-Russian sources claiming it's UAF.

Komysh-Zorya used to be  a major Russian position.
Abandoned block posts in Kherson There are also similar ones in the Zaporizhzhia region: in Kamianka and Komysh-Zora
https://t.me/info_zp

Ukrainian MP says Russian FSB center hit in Melitopol

Kyrylchuk provided some details regarding this morning's explosions in the temporarily occupied Melitopol on the territory of the Refma plant, where the occupiers set up their headquarters and military base.

on November 3, at 6 o'clock in the morning, such "cotton" was at one of the very first military bases of the invaders, which they created on the territory of the Refma plant. The plant zone is located in a convenient location for the enemy, in the lower part of Melitopol, besides, it is difficult to access and has a large territory. There are many workshops there, which made it possible for the enemy to accumulate equipment in that zone. And as of today, it was known that there are more than 80 units of enemy military equipment on the territory of the plant.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#14]
My hope is the republicans realize they would take a hit politically if they really cut off Ukraine cold turkey. Everything bad that happens in Ukraine, democrats would attack. "This cruise missile that hit the mall and killed 50 could have been stopped, but Ukraine was out of air defense" would be the message. And tactically, pulling out half way through would compound the Afghan debacle, and our message worldwide. The weakness would be totally uncovered, and America would be seen as no core principles anymore, just easily politically manipulated every two years and wild policy swings.

View Quote
Man I sure hope so. It would be an epic mistake to take the boot off Putin's neck.  The left would have confirmation that Republicans are Russian stodges if that happens.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Crowd eats it up
View Quote

The applause seemed to lack enthusiasm IMO, she is nuts and will have little influence should she remains in office.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Every country has the death penalty when it comes to spies and saboteurs. In order to be protected under the Geniva Convention you have to be wearing the uniform of your country when captured. Infiltrators under the cover of civilian status deserve to die. Slowly.
View Quote

Not exactly.  If captured wearing the uniform of another power,  you can be tried as a spy or saboteur, and if found guilty by "a competent tribunal" punished with any sentence, including death.  Typically, actually performing a hostile act while wearing another power's uniform is considered a capital offense, often punished on the spot.  If however the uniform was worn for another purpose (historically, attempting escape or because no other clothing was available are the two most frequent excuses) then, in theory, no war crime has occurred and punishment would be restricted to nothing more severe than loss of privileges or close restriction. Of course, in practice, good luck claiming that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Capta:

It doesn’t look like much until you look at a road and rail map.  Basically their intent is to take Bakhmut and drive northwest to Sloviansk.  After Bakhmut is there is little to stop them and the UA would have to fall back to Sloviansk.  Ukraine has a lot of its industrial base in this area and Russia is trying to capture/destroy it.
Losing Bakhmut is not a disaster for the UA and does not lose the war.  The UA can just fall back and continue to play defense in depth.  But it loses a good chunk of valuable territory and imposes economic costs on Ukraine they would probably like to avoid.
Russia probably also wants to KISS for themselves - turn the fight into a toe-to-toe slugging match where they throw mobiks (which they don’t care about) into the grinder and force the UA to do likewise.  
Unless the UA can pull off another surprise attack against Melitopol (for example) which forces Russia to react, the UA may have little choice but to continue to fight the meatgrinder war in Bakhmut.  Send in a few more M270s and give the Russians what they’re asking for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fgs_3dMXoAAPoIe?format=png&name=medium

The brutal kill rate continues

Roughly another BTG in troops, tanks and APCs lost in a day. They've lost 3 or 4 btgs worth in the last few days. That just can't be sustainable for much longer.

Russia has never been known to consider their losses when engaging in conflicts. When senior politburo members start dying in droves, they may reconsider their policies.

Bakhmut is pretty much a giant woodchipper that Russians keep feeding themselves into. I do not understand their obsession with it.

It doesn’t look like much until you look at a road and rail map.  Basically their intent is to take Bakhmut and drive northwest to Sloviansk.  After Bakhmut is there is little to stop them and the UA would have to fall back to Sloviansk.  Ukraine has a lot of its industrial base in this area and Russia is trying to capture/destroy it.
Losing Bakhmut is not a disaster for the UA and does not lose the war.  The UA can just fall back and continue to play defense in depth.  But it loses a good chunk of valuable territory and imposes economic costs on Ukraine they would probably like to avoid.
Russia probably also wants to KISS for themselves - turn the fight into a toe-to-toe slugging match where they throw mobiks (which they don’t care about) into the grinder and force the UA to do likewise.  
Unless the UA can pull off another surprise attack against Melitopol (for example) which forces Russia to react, the UA may have little choice but to continue to fight the meatgrinder war in Bakhmut.  Send in a few more M270s and give the Russians what they’re asking for.

Also, the push against Bakhmut is being led by Wagner. Wagner is owned by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a businessman with close links to Putin.

Prigozhin has been pushing for more power and influence by claiming the Russian Generals of the regular army are inept, as compared to his fighters. If Wagner takes Bakhmut, while the regular army loses places like Kharkiv, and soon Kherson, he is poised to gain power.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#19]
She's a total fucking retard. The AOC of the right.
View Quote

100%

Its so stupid I don't know where to start.

"OMG RUSSIA COLLUSION"

spend years trying to dispel the stupid russia narrative.

then like none of that happened, carry russia's water just to be contrite.

I mean. holy shit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#20]
TG description-
"After a successful counterattack near N. p. Pavlovka orcs are living out their last hours. This is one of the most intense battlefields."

UA TG claims that UAF captured at least seven of these UR-77s.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Reapers in Ukraine
View All Quotes
Hell yes
Reapers in Ukraine

Wow!! That's huge!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:

TG description-
"After a successful counterattack near N. p. Pavlovka orcs are living out their last hours. This is one of the most intense battlefields."

View Quote
Twitter translation :

Stormtroopers on sausage turkeys conducted combat reconnaissance...

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Wow!! That's huge!!
View All Quotes
Hell yes
Reapers in Ukraine

Wow!! That's huge!!

Good. I don't want to send them stuff to drag this out. I want them sent stuff to win as quickly as possible.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Yesterday, as part of the exchange, another 19 soldiers of the 36th OBrMP, including defenders of Azovstal, returned from Russian prisons. It is especially nice to see those who were previously considered missing, and even dead. We rejoice together with the families who did not lose hope for the return of their loved ones. Treatment and rehabilitation awaits the boys, because Russian captivity is hell.
https://t.me/newspn/40690

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

I think carbs are prone to icing. Something about Bernoulli principal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Extreme cold makes most drone batteries unchargeable. You can warm them up indoors to a point where you can charge them but you better get them on the drone and pulling power out of them quickly to keep them warm once you take them outside. Cold also generally reduces the capacity of the packs.

There's a pretty good likelihood the Shithead-136s are using carb'd engines based on what we've seen in the pictures. That would mean they'd probably not fire up on launch since it appears from the pictures we've seen they can't run the engines in the launcher beforehand. There may be a mixture control on the carb to account for that. That may be one of the reasons the Iranians have people on the ground there (that, and the rooskies are "f**king stupid".)

I think carbs are prone to icing. Something about Bernoulli principal.

That's assuming you can get them to run at all.

Two stroke with lube in the fuel will be less likely to have an issue with icing than your average small Cessna engine. (I remember carb heat on for takeoff and landing from pilot training eons ago). My wife used to work on small engines, including two-strokes. She hates them with a passion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By klinc:

I don't think the top people care about rules of war and I doubt the pleebs on the ground even know about rules of war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

The Russians that are changing into civilian clothes do plan to fight and ambush. 100 percent.

If they do, I believe they forfeit all POW protections, and can just be executed when captured.  Not a legal expert, but I think those are the rules for non uniformed combatants.

I don't think the top people care about rules of war and I doubt the pleebs on the ground even know about rules of war.

I'm just SURE the mobiks have received extensive training in the Law of Land Warfare...  2nd Army in the WURLD and all!!!!11!oNe
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I dont see why it is so hard to believe in BOTH: that Ukraine is worthy of our full support AND that Joe Biden (and his family) is a totally corrupt grifter of the worst order and anything they say or do has to be viewed with suspicion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AzSteven:

Denmark is stepping up in gratitude for our having accepted DK-Prof into the country
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]

ROUGH drone drop video, could be called “Ukrainian possum testing”
https://t.me/the_warshal/7249

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Denmark is stepping up in gratitude for our having accepted DK-Prof into the country
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Crazy how much the Netherlands is doing for such a small country.

Must be the wooden shoes

More like we are blackmailing them with sending him back.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Javak:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Javak:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Crazy how much the Netherlands is doing for such a small country.

Must be the wooden shoes

People don’t think tenure be how it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

C u next Tuesday and the Wednesday after that
View All Quotes

Crowd eats it up

She's such a disruptive force against the swamp, and right on many other things. I don't get why she doesn't support killing as many Russians as possible. Hope to run into her one of these days so I can ask her WTF.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#34]

ROUGH drone drop video, could be called “Ukrainian possum testing”
https://t.me/the_warshal/7249

View Quote

Nothing like shooting a video while standing in Danger Area Echo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#35]

The "R" ticket is becoming just as weird as the "D" ticket.

I don't recall everyone being bat-shit crazy a couple decades ago.

I doubt many voters will key in on Ukraine as being a single issue ticket winner or loser though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Blaming the lack of a border wall on Ukraine aid is how some who support the demorat party but are at odds with some of their policies.

Crowd eats it up

The "R" ticket is becoming just as weird as the "D" ticket.

I don't recall everyone being bat-shit crazy a couple decades ago.

I doubt many voters will key in on Ukraine as being a single issue ticket winner or loser though.

You can thank Trump for practically all of this idiocities…now Trump got a lot of things right…but he also screwed up…
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

She's such a disruptive force against the swamp, and right on many other things. I don't get why she doesn't support killing as many Russians as possible. Hope to run into her one of these days so I can ask her WTF.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

Crowd eats it up

Personally I think she makes conservatives look like drooling idiots.  She's the shining example that anyone who goes too far in either direction (left or right) turns into a freaking loon.  She's opposite day AOC.  And I say this as a guy that's voted R in every election in my lifetime and gets a raging boner from the thought of disbanding the BATFE. When I saw her wearing a handgun to the Senate I nearly popped my zipper - but her stance on Ukraine shows that she is nothing more than another idiot that has either stupid enough to fall for RU propaganda OR is intentionally making an immoral stand just so she can be in opposition to the other side of the isle.  God help us if our politicians actually *AGREED* on something . . .

Being a complete lunatic != effective politician.

It funny how the war in Ukraine seems to be clarifying the difference between the *actual* conservatives and the people that are in it for nothing more than votes and power.  Plus, it's brought the Qtards/PAYtriots/Alexov Joneskis of the world into a harsh light.  It's so incredibly disappointing to me - but sometime the truth hurts.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Crowd eats it up

Me and the original, sane right will keep killing Russians.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:50:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alex9661] [#40]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/338F3B06-EF07-4CBB-9612-30A0DEAF4E44-2587959.jpg
Yesterday, as part of the exchange, another 19 soldiers of the 36th OBrMP, including defenders of Azovstal, returned from Russian prisons. It is especially nice to see those who were previously considered missing, and even dead. We rejoice together with the families who did not lose hope for the return of their loved ones. Treatment and rehabilitation awaits the boys, because Russian captivity is hell.
https://t.me/newspn/40690

View Quote

That's Cossack Gundi's unit.
Apparently, UA issue boots are not eligible for prisoner exchange. It's the same thing with almost everyone released from RU captivity.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

That's Cossack Gundi's unit.
Apparently, UA issue boots are not eligible for prisoner exchange. It's the same thing with almost everyone released from RU captivity.
View Quote

The group before this one had a guy with two different shitty running shoes on.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#43]
/www.reuters.com

Train crosses North Korea border into Russia after arms report, think tank says
Reuters

WASHINGTON, Nov 4 (Reuters) - A train crossed from North Korea into Russia on Friday, two days after the United States said it had information indicating Pyongyang is covertly supplying Russia with artillery shells for its war in Ukraine, a Washington think tank said, citing commercial satellite imagery.

The 38 North project, which monitors North Korean developments, said it was the first time such a train movement had been observed on the route in several years, although Russia's veterinary service reported on Wednesday that a train had crossed the border into North Korea carrying horses.

"It is impossible to determine the purpose of the train from the imagery, but the crossing comes amid reports of arms sales from North Korea to Russia and a general expectation of the resumption of trade between the two countries," 38 North said.

It said North Korea closed the 800-meter (yard) Tumangang Friendship Bridge (Korea-Russia Friendship Bridge), the only land link between the countries, in February 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#44]
The Russians strongly prefer Ukrainians boots.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
The Russians strongly prefer Ukrainians boots.
View Quote
Socks too probably
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

If I had the power, I’d reintroduce rifle marksmanship classes and small bore leagues to schools. The Commiecrats killed that all for a reason.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By 7empest:
They listen to stuff like this and try to copy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxLj2vgxBW0

I am going to have to start smoking meth just to wash the stupid out of my head just from 30 seconds of that video..

I hope you are happy creating another meth addict!

There's a lot of crossover in followers with Salty on some of the Conservative/Libertarian leaning pop culture YT channels I follow. I've watched him before. I think he's at least partially why a lot of those YTers I do follow (who have smaller channels) have some bad/misinformed takes on this war.

His problem is he just sounds stupid and low information in general on most things, even if it actually is the correct position. Trying to think of a good Leftist/Liberal analogue but there's so many it's frankly hard to pick. I've never been a fan of his.

"I'm not rooting for anyone over there.

But Ukraine is evil! Muh crossdressing Ukrainian generals..."

I don't drop the F word often...

But holy fuck

That garbage is spreading too

I honestly don't get how it's even possible to have that bad a take on something unless you're purposely ignoring multiple open sources of information and sequestering yourself into some bizarre echo chamber (a feedback loop of sorts) or you don't really believe it and are purposely distorting actual news to your own ends, no different than the MSM, just the other side of the same coin. Notice how his only source in that video is Jack Posobiec (an extremely flawed source in his own right) and the spin he's putting on the story, which Salty then goes on to spin further, which will no doubt be spun even further by those following Salty.

In my opinion, Jack Posobiec, Tim Pool, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Ian Miles Cheong, Lara Logan, and some others are all what I personally consider "grifter right" and put zero stock in, even though they may be saying things I agree with (in Logan's case, I think she's suffering from honest to God mental illness). Anything these sudden new converts to "Conservatism" say should be taken worth a massive dose of salt. Just because they say some things you agree with and confirm your biases, does not make them infallible or even mean they're really "on your side". There are a lot of other, far more reliable right mided sources, that have been preaching Conservatism for decades to put your stock in than these people who do nothing but feed confirmation bias and distort it to their (or someone else's) ends. Jones is a great example. During the Bush years it was all Bidabears/Skull N Bones tinfoil and over the course of the Obama years he morphed that into "1776 shall commence again" to keep the grift going since he saw where the winds were blowing.

Salty has identified a market and is just trying to put himself in that orbit to cash in, IMHO. And from his sub/view count, while he's not rolling in YouTube dough like someone like PewDiePie, he's no doubt doing pretty well (as in 6 figures) off it.

Just as the loony Left sits and forms their worldview/opinion on nothing but circle jerking MSM sources, the loony Right forms theirs based off nothing but circle jerking idiots whose only qualifier is owning a webcam and having a YT channel because "mUh InDuHpEnDuNt NeWz SoUrCe!11!!" FYI, I'm a hardcore Conservatarian and I don't use the "loony Right" label lightly or in remotely the same manner as the Left does (i.e. referring to anyone to the right of FDR). I would also mention there are a lot of great right leaning YTers and independent "jurnos" who are honest in their Conservative/libertarian messaging I wouldn't consider "grifter right" like the group I mention.

But, you cannot honestly look at say something as basic as numbers of KIA on each side, even factoring in Russian sources, and in any way claim "Ukraine is losing" unless you're either A) stupid,  B) have an agenda, or C) both.

On a side note, ignoring Salty's 2+2=cat take on the event, I wonder if I went and looked if I'd find any outrage from Jack or Salty over these weapons in a children's setting: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Russian-Kindergartners-taught-how-to-use-AK-47s/5-2595015/

Bet not.

If I had the power, I’d reintroduce rifle marksmanship classes and small bore leagues to schools. The Commiecrats killed that all for a reason.

Yep. Sure did.

We had a new commercial tenant stop by yesterday I had to give some paperwork too and he saw my multicam hat and asked if I served, I said no I just like the hat. He said he served and had full totes of old gear if I needed anything and I said "I don't, but I am collecting and shipping stuff to soldiers in Ukraine if you have anything you want to get rid of. My wife is from there and her whole family still lives there."

Within 30 seconds, he had mentioned "Zelensky comedian, what's that about" and "but did you hear of the biolabs" and "we have no idea what the truth is".

We talked for about 15 minutes, and I could tell he wasn't very informed of the day to day evolution of the war. It seemed he had the illusion of it was like the GWOT, with FOBs and such. I had to explain this is much more like a WWI or WWII type, as there is a very well defined general front line. I tried to not address the political stuff as much as the humanitarian angle.

People are forming their opinions with little or no knowledge outside of what Posobiec or Tucker say, talk about that stuff with authority, but then claim "we have no idea what the truth is".

Edit: also, good post Ryan_Ruck
I'm glad to see so many of us have noticed the same things. Independently we each have come to very similar conclusions.

Wait... You guys aren't getting a paycheck from Zman like me?

Wait…..you mean I could actually get paid to trigger puffers with NAFO memes?  Who do we contact?

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Man I sure hope so. It would be an epic mistake to take the boot off Putin's neck.  The left would have confirmation that Republicans are Russian stodges if that happens.
View All Quotes

I'm betting that's why nothing significant will change. Party is letting her rile up the low info voters for the election (though I don't think that's great optics for the party overall) since she'll end up in the same small party minority that has been voting against it every step of the way so far.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:31:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#48]
If a Reaper were to loiter at a safe standoff range, would it be able to aid in any kind of targeting for other units to use? Or would it just basically be eyes on target?

ETA: For example, laze targets for ground launched brimstone, coords for gmlrs, excalibur, etc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Aforementioned drone drop video.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

Crowd eats it up

My opinion FWIW is that both parties (contrary to the beliefs of the far left/far right) are usually very much in agreement on the issues that are in US interests.  Idiots like AOC and MTG are the shiny things to focus the attention of the mouth breathers on both sides.
This is why we saw a story recently about US observers being inside Ukraine to account for weapons.  Both sides want to be ready with an insurance policy to head off the fools who voluntarily buy Russian propaganda.
I sent an email to my US representative’s office to ask for his position on the matter because it isn’t clear from easily accessible public statements.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2956 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top