Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2955 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Hmm.  There’s a lighted building right there.  They have 500 pissed-off people without quarters.  It seems they have a solution at hand.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:18:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#2]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
I wonder how the winter cold will effect the drones. Seems like it'd zap the battery. Not to mention icing

Especially the moped drones. aren't they gas powered? Hopefully they're carb'd..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I wonder how the winter cold will effect the drones. Seems like it'd zap the battery. Not to mention icing

Especially the moped drones. aren't they gas powered? Hopefully they're carb'd..

Originally Posted By planemaker:

Extreme cold makes most drone batteries unchargeable. You can warm them up indoors to a point where you can charge them but you better get them on the drone and pulling power out of them quickly to keep them warm once you take them outside. Cold also generally reduces the capacity of the packs.

There's a pretty good likelihood the Shithead-136s are using carb'd engines based on what we've seen in the pictures. That would mean they'd probably not fire up on launch since it appears from the pictures we've seen they can't run the engines in the launcher beforehand. There may be a mixture control on the carb to account for that. That may be one of the reasons the Iranians have people on the ground there (that, and the rooskies are "f**king stupid".)

It uses a carb’d engine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By johnspark:
Our lawyer in Split sent us these pictures today. The USS H.W. Bush is in Split, Croatia. It's been quit a spectacle she says. Anyway, just thought I'd share since it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272379/USS_HWBushSplit_jpg-2587421.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272379/USSHWBushSplit2_jpg-2587422.JPG
View Quote

Cool pics!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I have no idea what the hell they are. The State dept. was talking about "evacuating" the 'US funded' bio labs in Ukraine. For all I know it could mean we gave them $500 total.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

"US bio labs in Ukraine" sounds dishonest.

I have no idea what the hell they are. The State dept. was talking about "evacuating" the 'US funded' bio labs in Ukraine. For all I know it could mean we gave them $500 total.

The first rule of information operations is if you want to be seen as a “white information” source, you tell the truth, you tell the truth, and when the truth charges, you continue to tell the truth
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
I could be in Ukraine and feel like home in California with rolling blackouts.
View Quote
Sorry, but I haven't seen homeless and needles all over the place in Ukraine.

Jon Bernthal spoke with Wali (the Canadian sniper) on 11/2. It's a good listen. I never heard he went back after leaving in May, but he has.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6ywfFbgsG3xnQJyeSVl46e
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Hell no!! That doesn't work; once Ukraine takes back a village and territory they do automatic background checks on all subjects! Birth certificates, passports, etc, proof of residency. If you don't have those documents you are filtered. Ukraine has to do this with every subject they liberate, Russian soldiers cannot just blend in..  thus has been covered in length in articles and here.

The Russians that are changing into civilian clothes do plan to fight and ambush. 100 percent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By klinc:

Russia is going to make going in there as ugly as possible.
I just don't see many Russians that are willing to wage guerilla war and literally get strung up from a lamppost if caught over Kherson.  Anyone caught doing this would probably be shot out of hand and it would t even be illegal.

Practice\Section I. According to the US Field Manual (1976), the use of civilian clothing by troops to conceal their military character during battle is an act for which a combatant would lose his right to be treated as a prisoner of war.

I interpreted the tweet as meaning locals are seeing deserters trying to melt into the local population and let the front pass over them, not that fanatical guerrillas are fanning out.

Hell no!! That doesn't work; once Ukraine takes back a village and territory they do automatic background checks on all subjects! Birth certificates, passports, etc, proof of residency. If you don't have those documents you are filtered. Ukraine has to do this with every subject they liberate, Russian soldiers cannot just blend in..  thus has been covered in length in articles and here.

The Russians that are changing into civilian clothes do plan to fight and ambush. 100 percent.

There’s probably a dastardly political aspect to.  Either to film the UA killing “civilians” who are actually Russian army, or to force the UA to fight indiscriminately and actually kill civilians that the Russians claimed to be “protecting”.  Probably the latter.
If there’s a way around it, IMO it’s to infiltrate small teams, learn who is who and where, and mop them up from inside.  Locate Russian clandestine team locations and vaporize them with HIMARS without getting into a slugging match amongst civilians where you don’t know who is who.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Extreme cold makes most drone batteries unchargeable. You can warm them up indoors to a point where you can charge them but you better get them on the drone and pulling power out of them quickly to keep them warm once you take them outside. Cold also generally reduces the capacity of the packs.

There's a pretty good likelihood the Shithead-136s are using carb'd engines based on what we've seen in the pictures. That would mean they'd probably not fire up on launch since it appears from the pictures we've seen they can't run the engines in the launcher beforehand. There may be a mixture control on the carb to account for that. That may be one of the reasons the Iranians have people on the ground there (that, and the rooskies are "f**king stupid".)

View Quote
How about taping a hand warmer to drone batteries? Will that over heat them?

I got a couple 40 packs of hand warmers headed over. Wonder if I should tell them to try that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]

I dont see why it is so hard to believe in BOTH: that Ukraine is worthy of our full support AND that Joe Biden (and his family) is a totally corrupt grifter of the worst order and anything they say or do has to be viewed with suspicion.
View Quote
The goal is division. Everyone should understand that by now. It's working very well right now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Crazy how much the Netherlands is doing for such a small country.

Must be the wooden shoes
View Quote
Denmark is stepping up in gratitude for our having accepted DK-Prof into the country
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

I got a couple 40 packs of hand warmers headed over. Wonder if I should tell them to try that.
View All Quotes

It depends on how warm it is outside and how much current is being pulled out of the batteries. If it's super cold out (like well below freezing), you might get some help from a hand warmer. The issue then is to take it off before you fly since the hand warmer doesn't "buy its way on" in terms of weight vs increased battery temp. If you have to take the batteries out of the warm area before you fly, then using the hand warmers to keep the batteries warm might work. Putting the batteries with hand warmers in a styrofoam cooler might also help. I recall somebody that does high-altitude balloon flights putting a hand-warmer in a cooler with the instrumentation to keep the battery warm enough to keep the comm link functioning.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I tell folks I have been in many "bio labs" similar to what was in Ukraine. I also tell them there is an agricultural "bio lab"  within 200 miles of them. Most likely closer. Agricultural areas have them to keep an eye on what is making livestock and plants sick. They also look for the best ways to stop the sickness, and to prevent it in the future. There is nothing nefarious about making sure the stuff you eat is healthy, and doing your best to keep it that way. I'm kind of glad they are around.
View Quote

An agricultural bio-weapon might be the "best" way to attack Ukraine, if there were a crop not widely produced in Russia or if the Russians could quietly develop a resistant strain for themselves.

In college, I cataloged and archived (as in the Indiana Jones warehouse) hundreds of pounds of declassified drawings of our biological warfare manufacturing and other related equipment, from "mosquito sexers" and "high-performance aircraft delivery systems" (sprayers) down to the ice chest in the cafeteria where the Coca-Cola cooled. This makes all the bio-weapons stories strangely fun for me.

My wife just walked in and asked if anything interesting had happened. I said, "There is so little interesting happening, we're talking about the bioweapons labs again."
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I think carbs are prone to icing. Something about Bernoulli principal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Are grenade sumps not a thing anymore?  It seems to me that having a  sump at the bottom of those stairs would be worth the effort.
View Quote

Basically no.  And they never were.

If you get a grenade in your hole and throw it in the sump you're going to get a wild concussion from that HE in a small space.  And while you're unscrambling your brain the bad guys are throwing a couple more grenades in after the first one.  Then you die.

I have never heard of a first person account of anyone using a grenade sump and living to tell about it.  Throw the thing out of your hole and duck, and start tossing grenades back.  Your chances are low, but a kicking a frag into a sump is more or less suicidal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying, but yes I agree with you the UA has the advantage.

I'm just saying I agree that things will be much harder to hide come winter, thermal detection will be easier, and smaller man portable guided munitions and drones will be more effective. Rolling a SPG out of the treeline for a firemission won't work as well now.
View Quote

Well, the other poster said "I think we're done seeing any major advances for awhile by either side." and you said you agree.

I think there will be major advances.  They will look different from what we're used to seeing.

No Army unit made of people will function as well under adverse weather as they do when it is 72F and sunny.  But it affects different units differently.
At 30 below zero in Finland, Finnish infantry in 1940 were at maybe 25% efficiency, but they had warmed bunkers, hot food occasionally, and they survived and fought while Russians were at 1% efficiency and dropping to hypothermia.  So lack of discipline, training, leadership, equipment can make it advantageous for the Ukrainian to exploit weak Russian conscripts.

It is possible artillery and drones could become less effective and hamper the Ukrainians.  It is definitely likely tanks will get stuck.  

I could easily see some hypothermic Russian unit of seven day wonders sitting in their soaken cotton uniforms, when a Ukrainian unit with gore tex and NVGs smokes them at 0300 in a driving rainstorm.  If tanks cant maneuver off road I could see some significant gains in the more rural parts of the country where reserves will have difficulty trafficking.

It may look infantry-centric with set-piece short gains against weak defenders.   And its hard to predict.  But there are a lot of good reasons why the Ukrainians will be at a relative advantage in inclement weather; I definitely think they will be more agile and able to discover some winning gameplans before the Russians.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AzSteven:

Denmark is stepping up in gratitude for our having accepted DK-Prof into the country
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AzSteven:

Crazy how much the Netherlands is doing for such a small country.

Must be the wooden shoes

I thought they paid for that upfront before
we'd let him in.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Well, the other poster said "I think we're done seeing any major advances for awhile by either side." and you said you agree.

I think there will be major advances.  They will look different from what we're used to seeing.

No Army unit made of people will function as well under adverse weather as they do when it is 72F and sunny.  But it affects different units differently.
At 30 below zero in Finland, Finnish infantry in 1940 were at maybe 25% efficiency, but they had warmed bunkers, hot food occasionally, and they survived and fought while Russians were at 1% efficiency and dropping to hypothermia.  So lack of discipline, training, leadership, equipment can make it advantageous for the Ukrainian to exploit weak Russian conscripts.

It is possible artillery and drones could become less effective and hamper the Ukrainians.  It is definitely likely tanks will get stuck.  

I could easily see some hypothermic Russian unit of seven day wonders sitting in their soaken cotton uniforms, when a Ukrainian unit with gore tex and NVGs smokes them at 0300 in a driving rainstorm.  If tanks cant maneuver off road I could see some significant gains in the more rural parts of the country where reserves will have difficulty trafficking.

It may look infantry-centric with set-piece short gains against weak defenders.   And its hard to predict.  But there are a lot of good reasons why the Ukrainians will be at a relative advantage in inclement weather; I definitely think they will be more agile and able to discover some winning gameplans before the Russians.

View Quote

Reckon they might transition to rotary wing air cav style fighting?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I know some people view it as off topic, but you are 100% correct- what's happening in the information space very much matters to the war effort in a variety of ways.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Maybe we are bordering on off-topic, but what is going on in the information space is very much news, and is worthy of being shared, especially personal encounters and how things are developing.

I know some people view it as off topic, but you are 100% correct- what's happening in the information space very much matters to the war effort in a variety of ways.

Just speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me if the conversation strays a bit when news slows down. There are a lot of related discussions to be had.
It's just when news picks up and we're getting 10+ pages per day that the more OT stuff or arguing from GDers becomes a burden.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Any ideas on why we are seeing so many Russian lancets now instead of at the outset?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/11/04/russian-videos-reveal-new-details-of-loitering-munitions/?sh=18d6e7c5dbce

A series of videos released by the Russian Ministry of Defense reveal some interesting features of this new and dangerous weapon.

"Lancets may not have been employed in large numbers earlier because Russia's initial invasion plans and the opening weeks and months of the war did not anticipate massive Ukrainian resistance and therefore the MOD may not have placed enough orders for these to be manufactured in large numbers," Samuel Bendett, an expert on the Russian defense scene and adviser to the CNA and CNAS think tanks, told me.

That now seems to have changed, though as we will see there are questions about the actual numbers.

Made by a subsidiary of the Kalashnikov concern, the Lancet 3 weighs about thirty pounds, and has a distinctive profile thanks to its X-shaped wings. The weapon used is claimed to be a new, upgraded version of the Lancet-3 with an eleven-pound warhead compared to the original seven-pound one, and is distinguished by a larger wingspan. The gunboat video gives allows us to estimate size compared to the 4.8 metre width of the boat   the wingspan looks to be about 2.4 meters, compared to one meter for the original).

The videos show Lancet strikes on a variety of targets, including S-300 air defense systems, tanks, artillery, trucks, self-propelled howitzers and radar systems, even a gunboat. The volume of such videos released in a few days suggests a propaganda push to persuade people that Russia has at least one weapon that works.  

That's funny because it's exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

If they do, I believe they forfeit all POW protections, and can just be executed when captured.  Not a legal expert, but I think those are the rules for non uniformed combatants.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

If they do, I believe they forfeit all POW protections, and can just be executed when captured.  Not a legal expert, but I think those are the rules for non uniformed combatants.

I think they can be punished as unlawful combatants pursuant to the martial judicial processes and laws of the country in question, which can ostensibly include death as a penalty, but I'm not sure their lives are automatically forfeit.  We have a lot of military folks here, so I'm sure someone has the answer and can chime in.  I don't think Ukraine allows the death penalty, but I'm not sure about that one, either.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]

I dont either, mental illness or very low IQ, weak thought impulse, etc..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

the GD clowns will shit all over this guy... RIP "KILO"..

I honestly don't know wtf is wrong with people in GD.

I dont either, mental illness or very low IQ, weak thought impulse, etc..

It wasn’t so bad 2007 when I started reading in this board. It’s devolved significantly in last 4 years though
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
There biggest thing seems to be the claim that money spent on Ukraine takes money away from the border wall.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I seriously don't get it. I've seen others here mention getting them. Is it the same type of ppl clamoring our money should be spent elsewhere? If it is almost humorous that they aren't doing shit to improve anything yet will keyboard commando threaten others just for believing something they don't.

"I'm not doing shit yet fuck you"
There biggest thing seems to be the claim that money spent on Ukraine takes money away from the border wall.
Blaming the lack of a border wall on Ukraine aid is how some who support the demorat party but are at odds with some of their policies.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NE223:

Sounds like a creditable source

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I honestly don't know wtf is wrong with people in GD.
They listen to stuff like this and try to copy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxLj2vgxBW0

He has a lot of viewers….used to listen to him myself before he drank the Koolaid and decided throwing Ukrainians under the bus was a small price to pay to hurt the Democrats.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#28]
It's not just the source. Its the insults and lack of any factual stuff passed the incident. Much of the stuff he says about is afterwards is just made up with the intent of being as insulting as possible. When videos like that are combined with others such as Redacted it pushes the viewers into believing the BS and thinking these insults and such are the norm now. Its not one single thing but a high volume of things.
View All Quotes

It's not just the source. Its the insults and lack of any factual stuff passed the incident. Much of the stuff he says about is afterwards is just made up with the intent of being as insulting as possible. When videos like that are combined with others such as Redacted it pushes the viewers into believing the BS and thinking these insults and such are the norm now. Its not one single thing but a high volume of things.

Redacted, And folks like him are consciously throating Putin. Salty and others like him….the “Red Pill” movement is full of them….have let their justified hatred of liberal fascists blind them to the truth about Ukraine and now they are useful idiots who would be amongst the first people to be shot if Putin somehow took over here. I find them a huge disappointment, tbh.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

When I worked in Alaska that's exactly how we kept batteries from dying in far more extreme conditions than they'll ever see.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#30]
CAPTURED RUSSIAN SOLDIER ADMITS - 'HIMARS' WAS A NIGHTMARE FOR US || 2022
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:42:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cobradriver] [#31]
Dissection of a Mohajer-6 Iranian combat drone.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-drones-iran-western-technology/32115733.html
View Quote

Just an FYI...The Rotax 912IS that showed up in these birds have most likely been stolen. Somewhere north of 100 of these engines are known to have been stolen. Nobody really knew who was doing the thefts all over Europe and actually a few in the US until they found the engines in the drones...

ETA....I'm referencing the Mohajer-6 drone....
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I honestly don't get how it's even possible to have that bad a take on something unless you're purposely ignoring multiple open sources of information and sequestering yourself into some bizarre echo chamber (a feedback loop of sorts) or you don't really believe it and are purposely distorting actual news to your own ends, no different than the MSM, just the other side of the same coin. Notice how his only source in that video is Jack Posobiec (an extremely flawed source in his own right) and the spin he's putting on the story, which Salty then goes on to spin further, which will no doubt be spun even further by those following Salty.

In my opinion, Jack Posobiec, Tim Pool, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Ian Miles Cheong, Lara Logan, and some others are all what I personally consider "grifter right" and put zero stock in, even though they may be saying things I agree with (in Logan's case, I think she's suffering from honest to God mental illness). Anything these sudden new converts to "Conservatism" say should be taken worth a massive dose of salt. Just because they say some things you agree with and confirm your biases, does not make them infallible or even mean they're really "on your side". There are a lot of other, far more reliable right mided sources, that have been preaching Conservatism for decades to put your stock in than these people who do nothing but feed confirmation bias and distort it to their (or someone else's) ends. Jones is a great example. During the Bush years it was all Bidabears/Skull N Bones tinfoil and over the course of the Obama years he morphed that into "1776 shall commence again" to keep the grift going since he saw where the winds were blowing.

Salty has identified a market and is just trying to put himself in that orbit to cash in, IMHO. And from his sub/view count, while he's not rolling in YouTube dough like someone like PewDiePie, he's no doubt doing pretty well (as in 6 figures) off it.

Just as the loony Left sits and forms their worldview/opinion on nothing but circle jerking MSM sources, the loony Right forms theirs based off nothing but circle jerking idiots whose only qualifier is owning a webcam and having a YT channel because "mUh InDuHpEnDuNt NeWz SoUrCe!11!!" FYI, I'm a hardcore Conservatarian and I don't use the "loony Right" label lightly or in remotely the same manner as the Left does (i.e. referring to anyone to the right of FDR). I would also mention there are a lot of great right leaning YTers and independent "jurnos" who are honest in their Conservative/libertarian messaging I wouldn't consider "grifter right" like the group I mention.

But, you cannot honestly look at say something as basic as numbers of KIA on each side, even factoring in Russian sources, and in any way claim "Ukraine is losing" unless you're either A) stupid,  B) have an agenda, or C) both.

On a side note, ignoring Salty's 2+2=cat take on the event, I wonder if I went and looked if I'd find any outrage from Jack or Salty over these weapons in a children's setting: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Russian-Kindergartners-taught-how-to-use-AK-47s/5-2595015/

Bet not.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
They listen to stuff like this and try to copy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxLj2vgxBW0

I am going to have to start smoking meth just to wash the stupid out of my head just from 30 seconds of that video..

I hope you are happy creating another meth addict!

There's a lot of crossover in followers with Salty on some of the Conservative/Libertarian leaning pop culture YT channels I follow. I've watched him before. I think he's at least partially why a lot of those YTers I do follow (who have smaller channels) have some bad/misinformed takes on this war.

His problem is he just sounds stupid and low information in general on most things, even if it actually is the correct position. Trying to think of a good Leftist/Liberal analogue but there's so many it's frankly hard to pick. I've never been a fan of his.

"I'm not rooting for anyone over there.

But Ukraine is evil! Muh crossdressing Ukrainian generals..."

I don't drop the F word often...

But holy fuck

That garbage is spreading too

I honestly don't get how it's even possible to have that bad a take on something unless you're purposely ignoring multiple open sources of information and sequestering yourself into some bizarre echo chamber (a feedback loop of sorts) or you don't really believe it and are purposely distorting actual news to your own ends, no different than the MSM, just the other side of the same coin. Notice how his only source in that video is Jack Posobiec (an extremely flawed source in his own right) and the spin he's putting on the story, which Salty then goes on to spin further, which will no doubt be spun even further by those following Salty.

In my opinion, Jack Posobiec, Tim Pool, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Ian Miles Cheong, Lara Logan, and some others are all what I personally consider "grifter right" and put zero stock in, even though they may be saying things I agree with (in Logan's case, I think she's suffering from honest to God mental illness). Anything these sudden new converts to "Conservatism" say should be taken worth a massive dose of salt. Just because they say some things you agree with and confirm your biases, does not make them infallible or even mean they're really "on your side". There are a lot of other, far more reliable right mided sources, that have been preaching Conservatism for decades to put your stock in than these people who do nothing but feed confirmation bias and distort it to their (or someone else's) ends. Jones is a great example. During the Bush years it was all Bidabears/Skull N Bones tinfoil and over the course of the Obama years he morphed that into "1776 shall commence again" to keep the grift going since he saw where the winds were blowing.

Salty has identified a market and is just trying to put himself in that orbit to cash in, IMHO. And from his sub/view count, while he's not rolling in YouTube dough like someone like PewDiePie, he's no doubt doing pretty well (as in 6 figures) off it.

Just as the loony Left sits and forms their worldview/opinion on nothing but circle jerking MSM sources, the loony Right forms theirs based off nothing but circle jerking idiots whose only qualifier is owning a webcam and having a YT channel because "mUh InDuHpEnDuNt NeWz SoUrCe!11!!" FYI, I'm a hardcore Conservatarian and I don't use the "loony Right" label lightly or in remotely the same manner as the Left does (i.e. referring to anyone to the right of FDR). I would also mention there are a lot of great right leaning YTers and independent "jurnos" who are honest in their Conservative/libertarian messaging I wouldn't consider "grifter right" like the group I mention.

But, you cannot honestly look at say something as basic as numbers of KIA on each side, even factoring in Russian sources, and in any way claim "Ukraine is losing" unless you're either A) stupid,  B) have an agenda, or C) both.

On a side note, ignoring Salty's 2+2=cat take on the event, I wonder if I went and looked if I'd find any outrage from Jack or Salty over these weapons in a children's setting: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Russian-Kindergartners-taught-how-to-use-AK-47s/5-2595015/

Bet not.

If I had the power, I’d reintroduce rifle marksmanship classes and small bore leagues to schools. The Commiecrats killed that all for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

Just an FYI...The Rotax 912IS that showed up in these birds have most likely been stolen. Somewhere north of 100 of these engines are known to have been stolen. Nobody really knew who was doing the thefts all over Europe and actually a few in the US until they found the engines in the drones...

View All Quotes

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-drones-iran-western-technology/32115733.html

A very good point, there's a few components of various Russian weapons systems that have a similar story.  Cameras stolen from Europe to use as the video system on some Russian drones is one recent example.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Wait... You guys aren't getting a paycheck from Zman like me?

View All Quotes
We had a new commercial tenant stop by yesterday I had to give some paperwork too and he saw my multicam hat and asked if I served, I said no I just like the hat. He said he served and had full totes of old gear if I needed anything and I said "I don't, but I am collecting and shipping stuff to soldiers in Ukraine if you have anything you want to get rid of. My wife is from there and her whole family still lives there."

Within 30 seconds, he had mentioned "Zelensky comedian, what's that about" and "but did you hear of the biolabs" and "we have no idea what the truth is".

We talked for about 15 minutes, and I could tell he wasn't very informed of the day to day evolution of the war. It seemed he had the illusion of it was like the GWOT, with FOBs and such. I had to explain this is much more like a WWI or WWII type, as there is a very well defined general front line. I tried to not address the political stuff as much as the humanitarian angle.

People are forming their opinions with little or no knowledge outside of what Posobiec or Tucker say, talk about that stuff with authority, but then claim "we have no idea what the truth is".

Edit: also, good post Ryan_Ruck
I'm glad to see so many of us have noticed the same things. Independently we each have come to very similar conclusions.

Wait... You guys aren't getting a paycheck from Zman like me?

Wait…..you mean I could actually get paid to trigger puffers with NAFO memes?  Who do we contact?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]

A very good point, there's a few components of various Russian weapons systems that have a similar story.  Cameras stolen from Europe to use as the video system on some Russian drones is one recent example.
View All Quotes

It's kinda crazy how a country with all that oil and African gold are reduced to this. Seems like they would of bought something better from their Chinese friends before this started.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Blaming the lack of a border wall on Ukraine aid is how some who support the demorat party but are at odds with some of their policies.
View Quote

Crowd eats it up
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#37]

It's kinda crazy how a country with all that oil and African gold are reduced to this. Seems like they would of bought something better from their Chinese friends before this started.
View All Quotes

lol, I guess they really thought commercial grade chips and GPS units and Canon camera's was mostly good enough.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

When I worked in Alaska that's exactly how we kept batteries from dying in far more extreme conditions than they'll ever see.
View Quote
I'll make sure to tell them, and ship more if needed. My wife never saw hand warmers until she moved here. Not saying they can't be found, but they aren't common like here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#39]

lol, I guess they really thought commercial grade chips and GPS units and Canon camera's was mostly good enough.
View All Quotes

Guess it's good enough fighting third world countries. Technology has always been their Achilles heel. As soon as the stingers showed up in Afghanistan they wanted to withdraw.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

The gold was for the kleptocrats, not the state treasury. Much the same probably happens with most of the oil revenues.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Crowd eats it up
View Quote

C u next Tuesday and the Wednesday after that
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:27:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#42]
Attachment Attached File

So this went out this AM vis Meest and FedEx, part 2 of 3. Not sure exactly what’s there but lots of heavy boxes of ECWS gear, minus 60 boots and few other odds and ends  (that’s going next week). Destination mostly dniprovets-1 and some to other mil units. I’ll post once it gets there.

This is from the gear drive a few weeks back. Know your money was spent well, see the US gov fit out a company with same gear for 10k. Love you guys. People on the list for stuff like patches, flags (some have been given already) will be awarded as swag arrives here. Probably a few weeks out, baba is collecting it but usefully comes after first winter fight with Dete. Hasn’t happened yet. Not sure if it’s the lack of snow yet, or the power outages have them getting along for now.

Was a little behind schedule because of war grifters BSing us but it on the way!!!

Slava Ukraini!
Thanks from Mila

Americans in Ukraine Foundation
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Crowd eats it up
View All Quotes

Crowd eats it up

The "R" ticket is becoming just as weird as the "D" ticket.

I don't recall everyone being bat-shit crazy a couple decades ago.

I doubt many voters will key in on Ukraine as being a single issue ticket winner or loser though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Hell yes
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Hell to the yes, brimstones already there. How many? Is it like 8 brimstones or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Crowd eats it up
View Quote
She's a total fucking retard. The AOC of the right.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Eeeek.

They will be a juicy target for the Russians.

I'd rather see Ukraine get a fat batch of ATACMS for the same money.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#49]
One MOAB would dissolve their problems forever...
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#50]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Crowd eats it up

The republicans need to muzzle that, they hold her purse strings. Not usually one to endorse censor by a party to toe the line but the Ukraine messaging coming out is pure artillery for the left. Never hear a word about the 40 democrats opposing the war because they got a handle on it quick.

My mom swears that republicans are against helping the Ukraine because of people like her and Tucker. She’s Going to vote joe thanks to them.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2955 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top