Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2954 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

It's dog like.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Nobody loves dogs more than I do. But I'm not sure that counts as a "dog".

It's dog like.....

What ever it was, I got all blinky when it shot out into the doods arms.
Id name it hair ball or hair bag.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Et2ss:

Damn, you can see the jet blow right through that turret
View Quote

Pretty sure that's an NLAW because of the top attack mode. You can see the seeker head go skittering off after the downward warhead does its thing
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By meistermash:

What ever it was, I got all blinky when it shot out into the doods arms.
Id name it hair ball or hair bag.
View Quote
From my experience, Ukrainians love their small dogs. Cats are much more common, but if someone lives in the city and wants a dog, it's an ankle-biter.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#5]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

"US bio labs in Ukraine" sounds dishonest.
View Quote
Yes. I have yet to encounter anyone that is making any sort of precision with that argument. It's always in a way used to justify why Russia invaded. Never what exactly it was, or why the purpose was, or evidence. You know if Russia had real nefarious evidence, it would be out.

Maybe we are bordering on off-topic, but what is going on in the information space is very much news, and is worthy of being shared, especially personal encounters and how things are developing.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'm glad to see so many of us have noticed the same things. Independently we each have come to very similar conclusions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
We had a new commercial tenant stop by yesterday I had to give some paperwork too and he saw my multicam hat and asked if I served, I said no I just like the hat. He said he served and had full totes of old gear if I needed anything and I said "I don't, but I am collecting and shipping stuff to soldiers in Ukraine if you have anything you want to get rid of. My wife is from there and her whole family still lives there."

Within 30 seconds, he had mentioned "Zelensky comedian, what's that about" and "but did you hear of the biolabs" and "we have no idea what the truth is".

We talked for about 15 minutes, and I could tell he wasn't very informed of the day to day evolution of the war. It seemed he had the illusion of it was like the GWOT, with FOBs and such. I had to explain this is much more like a WWI or WWII type, as there is a very well defined general front line. I tried to not address the political stuff as much as the humanitarian angle.

People are forming their opinions with little or no knowledge outside of what Posobiec or Tucker say, talk about that stuff with authority, but then claim "we have no idea what the truth is".

Edit: also, good post Ryan_Ruck
I'm glad to see so many of us have noticed the same things. Independently we each have come to very similar conclusions.

Wait... You guys aren't getting a paycheck from Zman like me?

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

It's peak intellectual dishonesty.

And folks here gobble it up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Maybe we are bordering on off-topic, but what is going on in the information space is very much news, and is worthy of being shared, especially personal encounters and how things are developing.
View Quote

I know some people view it as off topic, but you are 100% correct- what's happening in the information space very much matters to the war effort in a variety of ways.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperSixOne] [#9]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote
I find it entertaining how GD gargles Poland's balls, but Ukraine is some mafia state on the other side of the planet.

They are closer culturally than the US/Canada, but Russian IO has GD lost in the sauce.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote

The problem is partly impossible to avoid. The US clearly does do biological research at labs in Ukraine. The Pentagon says this:

"The Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP), part of the Department of
Defense’s Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) Program, is implemented by the Defense Threat
Reduction Agency (DTRA). Since 2005, BTRP has partnered with the Government of Ukraine
to support peaceful and safe biological detection and diagnostic capabilities and to reduce the
threats posed by pathogens."

In the information war, neither side wants to admit to anything anyone could ever use as propaganda, so the initial claims of "US bioweapon labs in Ukraine" were fiercely denied as misinformation. The problem comes when people realize that the Pentagon does do biological research in Ukraine, except it's at labs owned by Ukraine, not the US, and the research is said to be defensive in nature. Some people feel like they were lied to or tricked by the government. While the initial Russian claims were false, the rebuttal was not the entire truth, and so the arguments and propaganda continue. At the same time the US didn't want to say yeah we do research at these labs when the claim first came out, since you don't want to seem like you're agreeing or justifying something said or done by Russia. It's the nature of propaganda, it makes you question everything.

In a way, while it seems like dumb Russian propaganda, it's actually very ingenious. It's a partially true claim, which whatever the US says in response allows Russia to claim a propaganda 'win'.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

Wipe your tears. Mourn and honor your fallen. Return to the battle filled with implacable and terrible resolve.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Crazy how much the Netherlands is doing for such a small country.

Must be the wooden shoes
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Wipe your tears. Mourn and honor your fallen. Return to the battle filled with implacable and terrible resolve.
View Quote

This f**king war has just created about 100 years of Russian-hating Ukrainians.  Generations . . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

This f**king war has just created about 100 years of Russian-hating Ukrainians.  Generations . . . .

CMOS
View Quote
Just as the last of those who endured the Holodomor are dying off....
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Kind of like yellow journalism with a different approach?
View Quote

pretty much. We have been lied to pretty much forever. It was cranked up to 11 in this century.
Praise xenu that we have so much information available now, it makes it tough for the lies to stick now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

View Quote

You bastard!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Nice post.

That's excellent fieldcraft.  Not "impressive"...but professionally done.   Both sides would have been far better off building fighting positions like this then these silly trenches they build.  And other then getting lumber, its not really much more difficult.

Put a layer of sandbags on the roof and that would be a pretty good bunker. As is, the wood could direct a drone grenade's blast upward.  The trashbag keeps you dry.  If they had a spaceblanket or somethign reflective under the trashbag it would help out with thermal quite a bit.

Take a look, kiddies, and compare/contrast with the orc-o-matic WWI trenches you see.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Claimed to be a Ukrainian observation post by Russian TG. Actually pretty impressive.

Nice post.

That's excellent fieldcraft.  Not "impressive"...but professionally done.   Both sides would have been far better off building fighting positions like this then these silly trenches they build.  And other then getting lumber, its not really much more difficult.

Put a layer of sandbags on the roof and that would be a pretty good bunker. As is, the wood could direct a drone grenade's blast upward.  The trashbag keeps you dry.  If they had a spaceblanket or somethign reflective under the trashbag it would help out with thermal quite a bit.

Take a look, kiddies, and compare/contrast with the orc-o-matic WWI trenches you see.

Are grenade sumps not a thing anymore?  It seems to me that having a  sump at the bottom of those stairs would be worth the effort.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
I just get death threats. Don't for get the big guy's 10% though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

You bastard!
View Quote

Still no ten percent here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes. I have yet to encounter anyone that is making any sort of precision with that argument. It's always in a way used to justify why Russia invaded. Never what exactly it was, or why the purpose was, or evidence. You know if Russia had real nefarious evidence, it would be out.

View Quote

I tell folks I have been in many "bio labs" similar to what was in Ukraine. I also tell them there is an agricultural "bio lab"  within 200 miles of them. Most likely closer. Agricultural areas have them to keep an eye on what is making livestock and plants sick. They also look for the best ways to stop the sickness, and to prevent it in the future. There is nothing nefarious about making sure the stuff you eat is healthy, and doing your best to keep it that way. I'm kind of glad they are around.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

Yeah, that part sucks. But what are you gonna do?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Stay in PANTSCON3, and see how things shake out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Wait you guys are getting paid?

Dammit I always miss out.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:11:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#25]
"WATCH: Secretary Of State Blinken Promises Continued U.S. Support For Ukraine At G-7 Meeting"
View Quote

WATCH: Secretary of State Blinken promises continued U.S. support for Ukraine at G-7 meeting
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#26]

CMOS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:

CMOS

They have been hating on Russia for a lot longer
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Solid advice.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Any ideas on why we are seeing so many Russian lancets now instead of at the outset?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

A good line from GD about this:

" I don't care if he's factually correct he says what I want to hear"
View Quote

"The truth will set you free...but first it's going to piss you off."
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

WW2 Pacific theatre, island hopping.  Surround and bypass.
View Quote

I've been thinking the bypassing places could work.  Like, surrounding Kherson, then "opening" a front door to allow the good guys out, monitored and controlled, and let the bad guys try to stay or scurry out the back.

I think some cities were declared "Open Cites?" when the defenders knew the choice was complete destruction in city fighting, so they were yielded to the oncoming attackers to avoid massive destruction and civilian casualties??  Not sure that's a precedent that fits the Russian mindset, though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Our lawyer in Split sent us these pictures today. The USS H.W. Bush is in Split, Croatia. It's been quit a spectacle she says. Anyway, just thought I'd share since it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

I seriously don't get it. I've seen others here mention getting them. Is it the same type of ppl clamoring our money should be spent elsewhere? If it is almost humorous that they aren't doing shit to improve anything yet will keyboard commando threaten others just for believing something they don't.

"I'm not doing shit yet fuck you"
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#34]
"Kharkiv Town Near Russian Border Vacant But Still Being Shelled"
View Quote

Kharkiv Town Near Russian Border Vacant But Still Being Shelled
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I seriously don't get it. I've seen others here mention getting them. Is it the same type of ppl clamoring our money should be spent elsewhere? If it is almost humorous that they aren't doing shit to improve anything yet will keyboard commando threaten others just for believing something they don't.

View Quote
There biggest thing seems to be the claim that money spent on Ukraine takes money away from the border wall.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Any ideas on why we are seeing so many Russian lancets now instead of at the outset?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/11/04/russian-videos-reveal-new-details-of-loitering-munitions/?sh=18d6e7c5dbce

A series of videos released by the Russian Ministry of Defense reveal some interesting features of this new and dangerous weapon.

“Lancets may not have been employed in large numbers earlier because Russia's initial invasion plans and the opening weeks and months of the war did not anticipate massive Ukrainian resistance and therefore the MOD may not have placed enough orders for these to be manufactured in large numbers,” Samuel Bendett, an expert on the Russian defense scene and adviser to the CNA and CNAS think tanks, told me.

That now seems to have changed, though as we will see there are questions about the actual numbers.

Made by a subsidiary of the Kalashnikov concern, the Lancet 3 weighs about thirty pounds, and has a distinctive profile thanks to its X-shaped wings. The weapon used is claimed to be a new, upgraded version of the Lancet-3 with an eleven-pound warhead compared to the original seven-pound one, and is distinguished by a larger wingspan. The gunboat video gives allows us to estimate size compared to the 4.8 metre width of the boat — the wingspan looks to be about 2.4 meters, compared to one meter for the original).

The videos show Lancet strikes on a variety of targets, including S-300 air defense systems, tanks, artillery, trucks, self-propelled howitzers and radar systems, even a gunboat. The volume of such videos released in a few days suggests a propaganda push to persuade people that Russia has at least one weapon that works.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Well our rolling blackouts are supposed to start today in Dnipro. There is a website where you enter your address to see what times you go dark.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2022-11-04-14-47-48-613_com_a-2587142.JPG
View Quote
I could be in Ukraine and feel like home in California with rolling blackouts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

FIFY.

Which marks one of the perplexing aspects of this war. Americans generally love the underdog and identify with them. Most people's understanding/knowledge of history is pathetic now though, so everything is topsy-turvy.
View Quote

Russian propaganda has been very prolific pushing the idea that russia is basically like conservative america and Ukraine wants to steal american money. It's a good tactic, effective points. Even putin says the right words in his speeches.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#39]
"Ukraine's counter-offensive in Kherson: Trailing a Tank"
View Quote

Ukraine's counter-offensive in Kherson: Trailing a tank unit • FRANCE 24 English
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder how the winter cold will effect the drones. Seems like it'd zap the battery. Not to mention icing

Especially the moped drones. aren't they gas powered? Hopefully they're carb'd..
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I have no idea what the hell they are. The State dept. was talking about "evacuating" the 'US funded' bio labs in Ukraine. For all I know it could mean we gave them $500 total.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#42]

That was a pretty epic close range tank kill. Wow!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

17 missing sailors from the cruiser "Moskva" were officially recognized as dead by a court in Sevastopol. For those who suddenly forgot, we gave Serpent's Island for these sailors, concluded an unnecessary "grain deal" for us, and also endangered our fleet and Crimea.
https://t.me/separ_13/4798

UA soldier steps in close behind a Russian tank. Also reported as 1st Air Mobile.

That was a pretty epic close range tank kill. Wow!!

Man, the balls on that guy stepping out in front of a tank with the gun pointed right at him.  Couldn’t have been 100 yards.
Maybe the UA infantry figured out the second (unhit) tank had a disabled gun or was out of ammo.  Probably the unhit tank radioed the hit tank to warn them because they tried to spin the turret around.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

The problem is partly impossible to avoid. The US clearly does do biological research at labs in Ukraine. The Pentagon says this:

"The Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP), part of the Department of
Defense’s Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) Program, is implemented by the Defense Threat
Reduction Agency (DTRA). Since 2005, BTRP has partnered with the Government of Ukraine
to support peaceful and safe biological detection and diagnostic capabilities and to reduce the
threats posed by pathogens."

In the information war, neither side wants to admit to anything anyone could ever use as propaganda, so the initial claims of "US bioweapon labs in Ukraine" were fiercely denied as misinformation. The problem comes when people realize that the Pentagon does do biological research in Ukraine, except it's at labs owned by Ukraine, not the US, and the research is said to be defensive in nature. Some people feel like they were lied to or tricked by the government. While the initial Russian claims were false, the rebuttal was not the entire truth, and so the arguments and propaganda continue. At the same time the US didn't want to say yeah we do research at these labs when the claim first came out, since you don't want to seem like you're agreeing or justifying something said or done by Russia. It's the nature of propaganda, it makes you question everything.

In a way, while it seems like dumb Russian propaganda, it's actually very ingenious. It's a partially true claim, which whatever the US says in response allows Russia to claim a propaganda 'win'.
View Quote

Exactly!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Are grenade sumps not a thing anymore?  It seems to me that having a  sump at the bottom of those stairs would be worth the effort.
View Quote

First thing I thought also. The grenade sump is detailed in all the old manuals. Plus, after seeing all footage of both sides lobbing grenades into various positions, I would think having a sump would be minimum. Still it was a very nice position imo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

View Quote

I dont see why it is so hard to believe in BOTH: that Ukraine is worthy of our full support AND that Joe Biden (and his family) is a totally corrupt grifter of the worst order and anything they say or do has to be viewed with suspicion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Bakhmut is pretty much a giant woodchipper that Russians keep feeding themselves into. I do not understand their obsession with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fgs_3dMXoAAPoIe?format=png&name=medium

The brutal kill rate continues

Roughly another BTG in troops, tanks and APCs lost in a day. They've lost 3 or 4 btgs worth in the last few days. That just can't be sustainable for much longer.

Russia has never been known to consider their losses when engaging in conflicts. When senior politburo members start dying in droves, they may reconsider their policies.

Bakhmut is pretty much a giant woodchipper that Russians keep feeding themselves into. I do not understand their obsession with it.

It doesn’t look like much until you look at a road and rail map.  Basically their intent is to take Bakhmut and drive northwest to Sloviansk.  After Bakhmut is there is little to stop them and the UA would have to fall back to Sloviansk.  Ukraine has a lot of its industrial base in this area and Russia is trying to capture/destroy it.
Losing Bakhmut is not a disaster for the UA and does not lose the war.  The UA can just fall back and continue to play defense in depth.  But it loses a good chunk of valuable territory and imposes economic costs on Ukraine they would probably like to avoid.
Russia probably also wants to KISS for themselves - turn the fight into a toe-to-toe slugging match where they throw mobiks (which they don’t care about) into the grinder and force the UA to do likewise.  
Unless the UA can pull off another surprise attack against Melitopol (for example) which forces Russia to react, the UA may have little choice but to continue to fight the meatgrinder war in Bakhmut.  Send in a few more M270s and give the Russians what they’re asking for.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
I wonder how the winter cold will effect the drones. Seems like it'd zap the battery. Not to mention icing

Especially the moped drones. aren't they gas powered? Hopefully they're carb'd..
View Quote

Extreme cold makes most drone batteries unchargeable. You can warm them up indoors to a point where you can charge them but you better get them on the drone and pulling power out of them quickly to keep them warm once you take them outside. Cold also generally reduces the capacity of the packs.

There's a pretty good likelihood the Shithead-136s are using carb'd engines based on what we've seen in the pictures. That would mean they'd probably not fire up on launch since it appears from the pictures we've seen they can't run the engines in the launcher beforehand. There may be a mixture control on the carb to account for that. That may be one of the reasons the Iranians have people on the ground there (that, and the rooskies are "f**king stupid".)

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Capta:

It doesn’t look like much until you look at a road and rail map.  Basically their intent is to take Bakhmut and drive northwest to Sloviansk.  After Bakhmut is there is little to stop them and the UA would have to fall back to Sloviansk.  Ukraine has a lot of its industrial base in this area and Russia is trying to capture/destroy it.
Losing Bakhmut is not a disaster for the UA and does not lose the war.  The UA can just fall back and continue to play defense in depth.  But it loses a good chunk of valuable territory and imposes economic costs on Ukraine they would probably like to avoid.
Russia probably also wants to KISS for themselves - turn the fight into a toe-to-toe slugging match where they throw mobiks (which they don’t care about) into the grinder and force the UA to do likewise.  
Unless the UA can pull off another surprise attack against Melitopol (for example) which forces Russia to react, the UA may have little choice but to continue to fight the meatgrinder war in Bakhmut.  Send in a few more M270s and give the Russians what they’re asking for.
View Quote

Ukraine has a pipeline of troops graduating every week. They have thousands going through training in and out of the country.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2954 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top