Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2995 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

LMFAO!!

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#2]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

What is the BC's of these types of rounds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ike838:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Russia has two 23mm cartridges in service, one that is comparable mostly to our 20mm and another that’s closer to a 25mm, but both are mostly just aircraft and antiaircraft calibers. I suspect they chose 23mm because the first cartridge was a necked up 14.5x114mm and that probably gave them the shoulder and ballistics they wanted. They also have their 30mm which falls between our 25 and 30mm in performance.

Of all the Soviet/Russian calibers the only one I’m jealous of is 14.5x114mm and we would have done well to adopt either it, or the Air Forces .60 caliber or the FN 15.2mm that are similar. It’s a sweet spot of size and performance.

What is the BC's of these types of rounds?

The HE explosive rounds are basically big bullets, and not super streamlined.

But the 25-35mm APFDS rounds are firing tungsten or uranium flechettes, which is basically 'All the BC.'

Autocannon APFDS are ludicrous ballistics.

25mm = 98g tungsten flechette @ 4560fps

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
America, fuck yeah.

Survives a mine in the Humvee, hops out and gets to ACOGing on the Ruskies with his M4.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NonCredibleDefense/comments/ysmt0b/american_volunteers_are_immortal/
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#5]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
That would cause some in GD to get triggered

You know what to do fadedsun
View All Quotes

I'm on it

I've been stuck home with the flu right now feeling like hammered dog turds.

But I remind myself no matter how bad I feel the guy who just lost Kherson for Russia has to feel a lot worse

Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I thought about doing that for the lulz but posted here instead.

I'll let him do it if he wants since he's actually got dog tags.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:07:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
At least 3 tacticians that have been correct in the past are saying this is the next step in 4 to 6 weeks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhUYfjMUAAMGawu?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Well yeah, no kidding.

The Ukrainians will probably move upriver, cross it, and fight a war of maneuver on a new axis.
The Russians will leave a shell force to stare across the Dneiper at the Ukrainian shell force, while the decisive point will be north of Melitopol.

A victory there will enable a turning movement toward Crimea down teh E105, forcing a withdrawal a more conservative approach will be west down E58.

Because I've been there, if you flip the map, instead of Kherson, write "Falmouth, Virginia," and in place of the Dnieper, write "Rappahannock"...conceptually it will look like the plan for the 1863 Battle of Chancellorsville.

Ukraine E58 highway is Virginia state highway #3.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Arminius:

That´s what I wonder:

IF there were 100.000 Ukrainians fighting on the west side of the Dnjepr, and onyl 25.000 Russians there, why was there no significant land gain for SIX weeks???

Hermann
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Arminius:
Originally Posted By sq40:

I think from ChargingHandle:

The Ukrainians have committed something like 100,000 troops to taking Kherson. Now that the force of 25,000 Russians have been forcefully evicted from Kherson and the bridges across the river destroyed, a huge chunk of those 100,000 Ukrainian troops will now also be freed up to be deployed to other sectors.

If Russia sends most of those 25,000 to Bakhmut, I would imagine Ukraine could send 75,000 or so troops from the Kherson area to meet them. Russia isn't getting back across the river in the Kherson area, so there will no longer be any reason for Ukraine to keep such a large force tied down defending it.

That´s what I wonder:

IF there were 100.000 Ukrainians fighting on the west side of the Dnjepr, and onyl 25.000 Russians there, why was there no significant land gain for SIX weeks???

Hermann

Casualty avoidance and force preservation.  In attritional warfare, the more of the butcher's bill your side can make the other side pay, the better.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
The Russians are dug in like an Alabama tick along the eastern side of the Dnipro river.

Russian artillery that is now heavily fortified will be able to pound Kherson and the entire western bank of the Dnipro all winter long while Russia consolidates and reorganizes.

The Russians have been brining in concrete pill boxes and entrenching along the Eastern side of the Dnipro for weeks now and I imagine even they are counting on having to withstand HIMARS and Ukrainian artillery to some degree.  

In short, Kherson is going to be leveled like Mariupol was and be a wasteland this winter.  Poland and Germany are already preparing for the influx of civilian refugees from the lack of electricity and heat for this winter.  

It's going to be a race.  Who can get their shit together first?  If Ukraine can get their shit together and launch a winter offensive they could make some serious gains, BUT if they can't do that and give the Russians until Spring I think it's going to be exponentially harder to dislodge the Russians and Ukraine may have to endure a Russian Spring offensive in the North.  It sounds very much like the Russians are going to shift men and vehicles up to the North of Ukraine and just count on the south to hold in a defensive position.
View Quote

Your point is taken that Russia can and probably will shell Kherson, but I think you’re mistaken about a couple of other things.
If estimates are to be believed, Kherson only has about 60,000 inhabitants left, so there will be no sudden mass exodus.
Kherson has ceased to have any military value for Russia, so wasting scarce artillery resources pounding it to rubble is extremely unlikely.  It would also be ridiculously bad optics, even for them.
The Kherson area has value to Ukraine in the sense of starting to control access to Crimea, but Kherson city proper isn’t critical.  The bridge is toast and neither side is getting over the Dnepro there.  it’s far more likely the UA gets across the Dnepro at the Nova Kharkova dam.
The Russians on the east bank are also subject to some of the same problems they were in Kherson.  Their communication and ISR stinks.  Their artillery is being out-ranged/out-precisioned and there is nothing they can do to prevent HIMARS/Excalibur from shitting on everything within range.  They are at the end of a long supply chain that is subject to some level of interdiction in southern Ukraine.  Their Air defense is badly damaged.  Their morale sucks.
The most likely areas to absorb Russian resources from Kherson are Bakhmut, Svatove, and Zaporizhia.  If they have given up trying to take more ground and just want to keep what they have, then Zaporizhia and Svatove.
Ukraine benefits far more from winning the battle for Kherson than Russia benefits from saving their troops on the west bank.  Estimates are the UA had around 100K troops in Kherson to 30-40K for Russia.  If the UA doesn’t make an immediate offensive through Nova Kharkova (unknown) they won’t even need 10K to hold Kherson.  Russia has in theory freed up 30-40K troops, but they still have to worry about a UA attack through Nova Kharkova and they can’t strip all forces for elsewhere.  The UA has much more ability to strip Kherson (once it’s secure) and move most of their forces elsewhere, because there’s no way Russia will ever see the west bank again.
In short, victory in Kherson hands the UA the ability to execute another major offensive in either Zaporizhioa or Svatove and Russia still doesn’t have the quality manpower to stop them.  The mobiks are fucked and thousands will die this winter.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
https://i.redd.it/0n7l4gpggcz91.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NE223:

Stuck at home for a couple of days so yesterday I watched some of the appearances by Scott Ritter and Doug Macgregor on Judge Napolitano's show. It was a trip into some alternate universe.where up is down, the Russians are invincible and Ukraine is losing every battle.

Of the 2 Ritter seems the most out of touch with reality, going on and on about the winter offensive that will take place toward the end of December - first of January when 200,000 troops currently being trained in Russia show up on the front. Scott evidently doesn't realize a significant number of those 200,000 are in eternal rest in the mud of Kherson.

It is interesting to me that these two and others have no problem at all believing every bit of bullshit that comes out of Russia while paying no attention to reports from dozens of news outlets worldwide. I realize Ukraine is putting its own spin on things but often those are verified by other sources. Are these two paid? Have they been promised a farm in Donetsk? What the hell is going on?  
View Quote

Ritter, they almost certainly have on film doing unspeakable things. The Russians, being the sociopaths they are, most likely pay him with opportunities to do them more of them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I'm on it

But I remind myself no matter how bad I feel the guy who just lost Kherson for Russia has to feel a lot worse

View Quote

Probably has or will shortly have a splitting headache.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Keep in mind Ritter is a convicted sexual predator involving kids. Russian intel is well versed in kompromat.

I have zero doubt they have far worse on him than what he was convicted for.

ETA: He was involved in inspecting the same Iraqi WMD program the Russians had a hand assisting in so that's reason enough they targeted him.
View Quote

Thanks, listening to him it was obvious he was a POS but I didn't realize he was a predator.

Even the Russian media is crying about their losses but listen to these guys and you'd think the orcs are slaughtering their way through the country side rather than freezing their asses off in water filled trenches wishing they had something to eat.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

It is nice to actually be appreciated by a nation we are trying to help for a change. This is refreshing after spending 20 years trying to unfuck the Middle East and being hated by the very people we were trying to assist.
View Quote

That’s because western democracy is incompatible with the Middle East. With Ukraine, it is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Israeli MRAP GAIA Amir somewhere in the Kherson region

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Video of the arson of the headquarters and barracks of the RF Armed Forces in the village of Artema, Luhansk region :pig::fire: Our action, which we announced yesterday. :boom::champagne:
https://t.me/lugpartizan/426

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhUCxRxXoBExPtF?format=png&name=small
View Quote

That is scary fucked up. Kherson, where people never wanted the Russians, is a sacred, inviolable, nonnegotiable part of Russia, and they'll pop nukes to have it? And he's totally cool with autocracy.

As long as this perspective is widely accepted in Russia, and not repudiated out of hand, there's no way forward other than the destruction of ALL of Russia's offensive military capability. And as much defensive capability as can be struck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#20]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
As this threat goes towards the 3000 pages and the Russians have been kicked out of Kherson I would like to thank the news updaters/analists,  
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Joszi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

for making this the single best and most comprehensive news/analisis source in this war.

Unlike what parts of GD think this war wil be pretty much defining for the world for a long time and it's of the utmost importance that Russia is not allowed to get away with their actions because of the consequensea that will entail not only for Ukraine.

It's been a weird time were (I was genuinly supprised by this) 'conservative gun owners' would prefere to be aligned with Russia, NORKs, Iran, Syria, Zimbawe, commie Cuba, Venezuela ect. over the US and Western world. Most of the time the argumets don't even make sense in a 'having logical thought pattern' type way or are just repeated from know Russian sources as ghospel.

Anyway I'l give a round of applause for the above posters who brought the bad and the good news over the last 3k pages    

View Quote
You are welcome and thank you for  your contributions to the thread.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#23]
As this threat goes towards the 3000 pages and the Russians have been kicked out of Kherson I would like to thank the news updaters/analists,  
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Joszi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

for making this the single best and most comprehensive news/analisis source in this war.

Unlike what parts of GD think this war wil be pretty much defining for the world for a long time and it's of the utmost importance that Russia is not allowed to get away with their actions because of the consequensea that will entail not only for Ukraine.

It's been a weird time were (I was genuinly supprised by this) 'conservative gun owners' would prefere to be aligned with Russia, NORKs, Iran, Syria, Zimbawe, commie Cuba, Venezuela ect. over the US and Western world. Most of the time the argumets don't even make sense in a 'having logical thought pattern' type way or are just repeated from know Russian sources as ghospel.

Anyway I'l give a round of applause for the above posters who brought the bad and the good news over the last 3k pages    

View Quote
Seconded. And thanks to the mods for keeping control of the trolling/derailing so it can keep functioning as a breaking news type thread.

GD can mock us all they want calling this an echo chamber but we're much better informed than most due to the variety of resources and lack of shitposting. Their loss, as they click around to realnews.net for updates.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]

A huge territory of the Kherson region was mined by the Russians, - Danilov.
Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the NSDC, warned that a large area of the Kherson region is mined by the Russians, and called on Ukrainians not to rush back to the liberated territories until permission is given https://postly.app/1WYT

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

90 copperhead rounds were fired during the first Gulf War
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scully:
My battery fired 3500 shells. I'm guessing 10,000 for the battalion.

And yes the sole copperhead round was fired at the onset of the "air war" at an observation tower.

He's talking about his unit, not the entire war.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#26]
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Joszi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

View Quote

I always go here for news on this war. It’s way ahead of MSN and YouTube.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]

I'm on it

View All Quotes

I'm on it

I thought about doing that for the lulz but posted here instead.

I'll let him do it if he wants since he's actually got dog tags.

Attachment Attached File

Hope you feel better bud!
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#28]

Thanks, listening to him it was obvious he was a POS but I didn't realize he was a predator.

Even the Russian media is crying about their losses but listen to these guys and you'd think the orcs are slaughtering their way through the country side rather than freezing their asses off in water filled trenches wishing they had something to eat.
View All Quotes

Keep in mind Ritter is a convicted sexual predator involving kids. Russian intel is well versed in kompromat.

I have zero doubt they have far worse on him than what he was convicted for.

ETA: He was involved in inspecting the same Iraqi WMD program the Russians had a hand assisting in so that's reason enough they targeted him.

Ex-U.N. official Ritter convicted in underage Internet sex sting

Ritter is a disgusting piece of sleaze. I've always respected Judge Nap quite a bit but the fact he gives this pervert air time really drops him in my book.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#29]
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Joszi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

View Quote

Even though I definitely don't deserve the mention since I don't feel like I've brought nearly as much to the discussion as others, I appreciate it nonetheless.

As I mentioned before I've got to give kudos to staff for keeping this discussion a quality one and idiot free.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#31]
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Joszi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#33]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhTQl7tWAAcCFZc?format=jpg&name=medium

A huge territory of the Kherson region was mined by the Russians, - Danilov.
Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the NSDC, warned that a large area of the Kherson region is mined by the Russians, and called on Ukrainians not to rush back to the liberated territories until permission is given https://postly.app/1WYT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhTCztqWIAImyLb?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I look forward to the stories of the partisans.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Seconded. And thanks to the mods for keeping control of the trolling/derailing so it can keep functioning as a breaking news type thread.

GD can mock us all they want calling this an echo chamber but we're much better informed than most do to the variety of resources and lack of shitposting. Their loss, as they click around to realnews.net for updates.

View All Quotes
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Joszi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

GD can mock us all they want calling this an echo chamber but we're much better informed than most do to the variety of resources and lack of shitposting. Their loss, as they click around to realnews.net for updates.

It's Jozsi.. but I appreciate it very much and I thank you for hanging around and keeping in the fight.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
America, fuck yeah.

Survives a mine in the Humvee, hops out and gets to ACOGing on the Ruskies with his M4.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NonCredibleDefense/comments/ysmt0b/american_volunteers_are_immortal/
View Quote

Something Australians won't understand.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#37]
@iggy1334 and all the rest of you!

Hell ya ye Band of Brothers!!  I'm also thankful for the awesome info shared here and knowledge brought to this thread from you fine gentlemen!
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By scully:
My battery fired 3500 shells. I'm guessing 10,000 for the battalion.

And yes the sole copperhead round was fired at the onset of the "air war" at an observation tower.

Oh I see, lol my bad. Ty
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

View Quote

Same. They seem to really be making them a priority.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

That's Awesome to see! She loves her country and was willing to risk everything to help defend it. BRAVO! To her and thr many others who work behind the lines in the shadows
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#42]
Oops double tap
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Maybe they’re feeding that twit disinformation knowing it’ll get passed back to Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By Easterner:

This is a new one dated for today.

Hi ho

Hi ho

it's off to GD I go

Oh you.

Looks like there may be a lack of fresh material to spew.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20221111_001115_jpg-2595322.JPG

But they still haven’t picked up “Coach Red Pill” in Kharkiv…..I kinda wonder why, I’d have deported him months ago.

Maybe they’re feeding that twit disinformation knowing it’ll get passed back to Russia.

Or perhaps the SBU flipped him and/or are using him as a stalking horse to ID secret enemies like Stalin did to Trotsky in Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#44]

https://i.imgur.com/RZiry9t.gif
View Quote

Kiev was just a feint. Russia is just falling back to pull Ukraine in to a trap. Pls bro
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

Kiev was just a feint. Russia is just falling back to pull Ukraine in to a trap. Pls bro
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

https://i.imgur.com/RZiry9t.gif

Wait until they bring out the tier 1 forces.

Seems like a good time to reflect, as a new phase of the war begins.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Are we on the topic of nonsense? Because I gots some nonsense.

Member of the Federation Council: the timing of negotiations between Russia and Ukraine depends on Kiev's Western partners
https://tass.ru/politika/16305499

SIMFEROPOL, November 12. /TASS/. Negotiations between Moscow and Kiev will certainly take place, but the timing of their holding depends on the position of Ukraine's partners in the United States and European countries. This was announced on Saturday by TASS member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the Federation Council Sergei Tsekov.

"Negotiations [between Russia and Ukraine] will definitely happen in the end, but they will be very difficult, very complicated," the source said. - In my opinion, they will only be when Europeans and Americans are "ripe" for this. If they continue to provoke a conflict, there will be no negotiations."

To date, according to Tsekov, the achievement of any result following the talks seems unlikely, since Kiev takes an unacceptable position, demanding from Russia the return of lost territories and compensation. "We must remember how the special military operation began. The issues of demilitarization, denazification have not been removed from the agenda," the senator stressed. He added that Moscow would not accept the existence of a Nazi state that would constantly threaten Russia.

Earlier, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the Russian leadership is still ready to hold talks on Ukraine. He noted that Russia is ready to listen to colleagues from the West if they offer to organize a conversation on the détente of tension, taking into account the interests of Moscow. Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov, in turn, expressed the opinion that negotiations on Ukraine should be conducted primarily with Washington.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:22:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#47]
Interview on the Battle of Hostomel

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday. Hostomel. Special Unit "Omega"
Interview with a serviceman of the National Guard of Ukraine was conducted for National Information Portal "Tysk" by Serhii Haraluzhiy, Mykyta Korobochkin, Yevhen Motolyhin, Dmytro Temchenko and Serhii Veselukha. Translation by Illia Morozenko.
View Quote
https://teletype.in/@tysknip/HostomelEN

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Russia has completely destroyed the entire energy system of Kherson
https://news.obozrevatel.com/economics/communalka/rossiya-polnostyu-unichtozhila-vsyu-energosistemu-hersona-saharuk.htm

Russia destroyed the entire energy system of Kherson. However, Ukraine intends to restore it in 1 month.

This was announced on the air of Suspilny by DTEK Executive Director Dmytro Sakharuk. He noted that the company is ready to provide Khersonoblenergo with the necessary equipment for the "first renewal" of the region's energy system.

"We need to look at those regions where there is no light at all. This is today liberated Kherson. There, the Rashists destroyed the entire power grid. There are no schedules, there is no electricity at all," Sakharuk said.

At the same time, he stressed: after the de-occupation of the Kiev region, the restoration of its energy system took 30 days. It is expected that the work on the liberated part of the Kherson region will take the same amount of time.

In turn, a member of the supervisory board of Ukrenergo Yuriy Boyko said thaton average the electricity deficit in Ukraine is 10-20%." However, in some regions, the situation may be much worse.

As an example, he cited Kiev, in which the deficit level is 30%. According to Boyko, several factors led to this, in particular, the deterioration of weather conditions.

In addition, Boyko explained why the schedule does not always correspond to the actual outages. The reason is the need to introduce emergency restrictions that arise in connection with:

Russian shelling;
the rapid growth of consumption in a particular region, which "does not correspond to the level of generation or the capabilities of the network."
At the same time, he stressed that if it were not for the next Russian shelling on October 22 and 31, Ukraine would have already abandoned emergency shutdowns. Moreover, the number of outages itself would be reduced.

As OBOZREVATEL reported, in honor of the liberation of Kherson, Ukrposhta launches the brand "Kherson is Ukraine!", as well as a thematic envelope and postcard.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Well yeah, no kidding.

The Ukrainians will probably move upriver, cross it, and fight a war of maneuver on a new axis.
The Russians will leave a shell force to stare across the Dneiper at the Ukrainian shell force, while the decisive point will be north of Melitopol.

A victory there will enable a turning movement toward Crimea down teh E105, forcing a withdrawal a more conservative approach will be west down E58.

Because I've been there, if you flip the map, instead of Kherson, write "Falmouth, Virginia," and in place of the Dnieper, write "Rappahannock"...conceptually it will look like the plan for the 1863 Battle of Chancellorsville.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Chancellorsville_Hooker's_Plan.png/600px-Chancellorsville_Hooker's_Plan.png
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
At least 3 tacticians that have been correct in the past are saying this is the next step in 4 to 6 weeks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhUYfjMUAAMGawu?format=jpg&name=large

Well yeah, no kidding.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Chancellorsville_Hooker's_Plan.png/600px-Chancellorsville_Hooker's_Plan.png

I cant disagree at all
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Are we on the topic of nonsense? Because I gots some nonsense.

Member of the Federation Council: the timing of negotiations between Russia and Ukraine depends on Kiev's Western partners
https://tass.ru/politika/16305499

SIMFEROPOL, November 12. /TASS/. Negotiations between Moscow and Kiev will certainly take place, but the timing of their holding depends on the position of Ukraine's partners in the United States and European countries. This was announced on Saturday by TASS member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the Federation Council Sergei Tsekov.

"Negotiations [between Russia and Ukraine] will definitely happen in the end, but they will be very difficult, very complicated," the source said. - In my opinion, they will only be when Europeans and Americans are "ripe" for this. If they continue to provoke a conflict, there will be no negotiations."

To date, according to Tsekov, the achievement of any result following the talks seems unlikely, since Kiev takes an unacceptable position, demanding from Russia the return of lost territories and compensation. "We must remember how the special military operation began. The issues of demilitarization, denazification have not been removed from the agenda," the senator stressed. He added that Moscow would not accept the existence of a Nazi state that would constantly threaten Russia.

Earlier, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the Russian leadership is still ready to hold talks on Ukraine. He noted that Russia is ready to listen to colleagues from the West if they offer to organize a conversation on the détente of tension, taking into account the interests of Moscow. Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov, in turn, expressed the opinion that negotiations on Ukraine should be conducted primarily with Washington.

View Quote

Wow. They really are delusional.

I say screw the negotiations. Keep pushing until every single Russian soldier and sympathizer is removed from Ukrainian soil. Then arm them to the teeth with modern Western weapons, grant them NATO membership and tell Russia to insert their negotiations talk into the orifice of their choosing.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2995 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top