Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2998 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I guess they ran out of thermite grenades too or never had them to begin with

Letting the enemy keep your equipment must be part of Russian SOP these days. Hopefully these S-300s are the newer variety!
View Quote

My experience suggests they won't destroy their own equipment without an order to do so.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:15:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#2]
Originally Posted By Capta:

In the short term, it does seem likely that that focus of both sides will shift elsewhere - either Zaporizhia, Bakhmut, or Svatove.

First, it is likely that Ukrainian and NATO combined intel will identify where Russian troop movements are going.  There will not be a surprise attack of the Russians that escaped Kherson
If Russia believes itself capable of further offensive operations, Bahkmut is the obvious play.  It may also be a politically attractive play to show progress after the Kherson disaster.  That said, Bakhmut is a favorable situation for Ukraine to commit modest forces and cause high Russian casualties.  Even if the Russians committed the entire 40K troops from Kherson to attack Bakhmut, the UA could commit 20-40K to successfully defend it, and still have 60-80K quality troops to use elsewhere.  My opinion is that Ukraine will commit whatever troops it needs to hold Bakhmut because it has the luxury to do so while still having troops left over to execute an offensive elsewhere.  It is also a political imperative to prevent more of Ukraine (including particularly valuable industrial territory) falling to Russia.  If Russia seriously tries to take it, it will simply turn into an even bigger meatgrinder.  The shouldn’t be able to take it, but they can probably turn it into Verdun 2022.
If the Russian situation is worse than we understand, and they make objective military decisions on that basis, the Russians shouldn’t continue to attack Bakhmut.  They should play defensively and protect 1)approaches to Crimea and 2)Approaches to the northern flank of the LPR. The safest play for the Russians is to defend against an attack from the east bank of the Dnepr toward Crimea or the coast.  Crimea is the objective they absolutely cannot lose.

How Russian moves develop in the next few weeks should tell us some valuable information.
View Quote

Good analysis.

The question is who holds the initiative.  I would generally say that troops that have just hastily retreated across a bridge aren't going to be up for attacking as shock troops in the next few moments.  I would say the Ukrainians could march upriver and attack somewhere faster then the Russians could reconstitute.

If the Russians reposition combat power to Bakhmut; which is kinda pointless...and the Ukrainians reposition to block; then the UA have conceded the initiative.

If the Ukrainians attack toward Zap and the Russians reposition to Bakhmut, who gives up their plan to reposition to defend against the other? I say Russians give up.

(Insert conversation about OODA loop, initiative,  getting inside somebody elses decision cycles, and John Boyd...........)

Id also add that the Ukrainians are sorta on interior lines and the Russians aren't, I don't know how the C2 is laid on, but I GUESS the Kherson Russians were getting resupplied through Crimea and the Bakhmut Russians through Russia/Rostov/Mariupol.

I am highly highly highly skeptical you can shift Russian maneuver 100 miles east and maybe cross a boundary, or at least get right up against Crimea/Eastern Military District boundary.... and not have a supply screwup.  Or, come to think of it, maintenance issues...when the Germans were getting kicked out of the....wait for it....UKRAINE.....in 1943, big operational movements usually had all sorts of vehicular breakdowns.  

Comes to think of it...that's a sub-discussion of it's own...where is t eh boundary between the Crimea District and Eastern Military District and how is the Russian coordination going there? I assume really badly...or maybe its been consolidated.

(Insert 20 page discussion about the mechanical unreliability of mark V panther tanks and poorly designed low molybdenum drive sprockets and shitty transmissions)

I've got my preference but anything would work if the Ukrainians do it FAST.  Id say giving up on the Kherson front and maneuvering somewhere would work.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Do we have a timeframe for Ukraine shutting the water off to Crimea?

That's like thing #1 for what happens when Russia loses Kherson, and will be a PR blow equally as bad as losing the oblast itself.
View Quote

Ukraine should find a way to route salt water down that canal to Crimea.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#5]
This is Russia's last war as the "2nd best army in the world"...that title is now given to Ukraine...

I wouldn't be surprised if Europe proper will be more unified after this...their defense spending will increase...and collectively...on par with the US...I think this was the great wake up call for Eurozone...

China will think twice before pulling something like Russia just did...their doctrine isn't much better than the Ruskies...
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PMB1086:

both are from the comments on the tweet I posted, the best I could find regarding pictures. Not sure on the validity of either sources. I think the photos I saw earlier were closer, I could be mistaken though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Now that's some big news to me!

I hope they got the radar sets too.

I believe another twitter user had pictures posted but I'm not sure if they got the radar too. I'll try to find the post.

Thanks for that, if you can find the photos I'd appreciate it.

both are from the comments on the tweet I posted, the best I could find regarding pictures. Not sure on the validity of either sources. I think the photos I saw earlier were closer, I could be mistaken though.

Thanks for that, looks promising that with other sites they are claiming they must have a bunch of the launcher trucks and at least one full set of systems to make a fully operational S-300 site.  We'll see if more info comes in as they inspect their captures over the next week.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
This is Russia's last war as the "2nd best army in the world"...that title is now given to Ukraine...

I wouldn't be surprised if Europe proper will be more unified after this...their defense spending will increase...and collectively...on par with the US...I think this was the great wake up call for Eurozone...

China will think twice before pulling something like Russia just did...their doctrine isn't much better than the Ruskies...
View Quote
Europe may be united on this but I bet a few years after they go back to not caring and ignoring glaring problems.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

One of the more negative outcomes of this is the fact China is learning from someone else’s mistakes here.  They have cultural reasons why the won’t be likely to adopt more successful doctrines, but they’ll definitely be adjusting.

On the flip side, each year that passes sees the opposition to China strengthening. Hopefully the collective west builds back up.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Europe may be united on this but I bet a few years after they go back to not caring and ignoring glaring problems.
View All Quotes

This is my bet.

Eastern Europe continues advancing. Western Europe goes on to figure that 14 MBTs and 100 SF infantry are enough for defense.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for that, looks promising that with other sites they are claiming they must have a bunch of the launcher trucks and at least one full set of systems to make a fully operational S-300 site.  We'll see if more info comes in as they inspect their captures over the next week.
View Quote
Just out of spite I would like to see Ukraine use those S-300s in ground attack hit infrastructure in a few Russia towns starting next month.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

One of the more negative outcomes of this is the fact China is learning from someone else’s mistakes here.  They have cultural reasons why the won’t be likely to adopt more successful doctrines, but they’ll definitely be adjusting.

On the flip side, each year that passes sees the opposition to China strengthening. Hopefully the collective west builds back up.
View Quote

I bet China started off real happy with having Russia do the hard work of probing the wests response and is now extremely pissed off that not only have they failed, but they are making it worse for their own ambitions.

That’s why I believe they made their statements about nuclear weapons. They do not want Russian to open that box right before they go off and act like assholes themselves.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sq40:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Do we have a timeframe for Ukraine shutting the water off to Crimea?

That's like thing #1 for what happens when Russia loses Kherson, and will be a PR blow equally as bad as losing the oblast itself.

Or divert all of Kherson's sewage down that canal.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Time to tear up article 9 of the Japanese constitution
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

NOD?

Time to create GDI
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:21:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#15]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#16]
i dont know how accurate this is, but the TG channel claims its UKR SOF crossing Dnipro river near Herson

https://t.me/horevica/7571
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I am not sure that will be the case...specially in the Central/East proper...I certainly hope (as a fellow Hungarian) that Hungary will pull out of Russia's circle of influence...prior to this...the V4 was getting really united...and I think they still are but Hungary has received a huge black eye from V4...specifically Poland...on how they handled Russia...
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Fun fact: For part of my mandatory service I was going to go in to the officer trianing crorps, before I was was about to start the Soviets collapsed and I was notified with essentially 'Don't call us, we'll call you'

So the everythin is fine mentality sets in pretty quickly here.
View Quote
That is one of my worries.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#19]

I am not sure that will be the case...specially in the Central/East proper...I certainly hope (as a fellow Hungarian) that Hungary will pull out of Russia's circle of influence...prior to this...the V4 was getting really united...and I think they still are but Hungary has received a huge black eye from V4...specifically Poland...on how they handled Russia...
View Quote
I want you to be right
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

But they aren't the only ones learning...we and the rest of Europe as well...

Collectively we are light years ahead of China...yes they are getting better...but most of their actually fighting crap is the exact same as the Ruskies...in the last decade they have done a lot internally...and they will continue that...

However the Ukraine war has really exposed logistics...what works and what not works...face it...we haven't really had a true match up of NATO platforms vs Russian...even what NATO platforms are provided...aren't the tip of the spear either...our "old" goodies are taking out new Ruskie goodies...

I agree though...China is def learning from this...China and Iran are def benefiting from this invasion...however I see China flexing on Russia more after this vs us...they will take back territory from the Ruskies...
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Bad take considering most of arfcom keeps TQ's with them. Know your audience.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Gimli finds an abandoned orc position.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhNlyS1WAAINJdr?format=jpg&name=medium

A 9 month war and her gear still looks new, impressive. Use scotchgard?

shes been fighting since day one?  shes frontline? or rear guard doing paper work?

Is the TQ incase of a paper cut?

Bad take considering most of arfcom keeps TQ's with them. Know your audience.

True, probably also wear suspenders with a belt to go with their 3 extra mags in case they get in a shootout with the mob.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

The Ukrainians have performed well beyond expectations but lets be real, that's with absolutely massive outside support and against an enemy that keeps fucking it up by the numbers. Even with those factors I would say they're not even the second best army in Europe.

Eastern Europe yes, but they were already trying to take it seriously. From my experiences during my Europe rotation 2021-January2022, the Poles take it incredibly seriously for obvious historical reasons. The Baltic states are trying but there's just not the resources there to do a whole lot. The Ukrainians I was training were smart dudes but were limited by the capabilities of the equipment they had available and they had some pretty significant issues in regards to Air-Ground integration. Never got around to working with the Romanians so I can't speak for them. The Germans? Don't make me laugh. As long as they know we're going to show up and Poland's between them and their main threat they're not going to give a shit. The French are fine but they're more geared for dealing with things in their former colonies than full blown LSCO. The Dutch were extremely professional but there's absolutely no depth of forces there.

The main danger I see in all of this is my superiors viewing what is happening in Ukraine and applying that to the Chinese. It's a major mistake to underestimate any potential enemy and thinking that China's going to be a cakewalk will result in unnecessary losses. If it turns out that China is a paper tiger then that's a happy surprise. I'm not going to train my guys that they will be though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Few years? The day the war ends the western Europe states will go back to normal.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#24]
\.
View Quote

My concern is we'll see the opposite outside of Poland / border countries.

"Russia is a paper tiger and can't even take Ukraine, they are no threat to us" leading to decreased military spending.

Germany is already dragging its feet on its $100B pledge of new armaments.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/berlin-lags-defence-purchases-after-100-billion-euro-pledge-sources-2022-10-27/

BERLIN, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Germany is struggling to ramp up defence procurement or even just replace arms and munitions it has supplied to Kyiv, several sources told Reuters eight months after Chancellor Olaf Scholz pledged 100 billion euros to bring the military up to speed.

"There is almost no movement at all," a source involved in German defence procurement procedures said on Thursday, adding very few orders had been placed so far.

"We would have expected to see many more orders by now," one defence industry manager, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters.

"There is a war raging in Ukraine but procedures here are still running in peace-time mode, while inflation is eating up the money," another defence manager said.

"Contracts for some ammunitions have been approved but that's just a drop in the ocean compared to what we actually need," the source noted.

The problems do not only affect the replacement of military gear handed over to Kyiv, however. There is also a lack of progress in filling shortfalls that existed long before the war and which are seen as much more precarious now, the person said.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:49:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#25]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
As this threat goes towards the 3000 pages and the Russians have been kicked out of Kherson I would like to thank the news updaters/analists,  
@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@Fadesun
@ARokie
@M35ben
@Ryan_Scott
@Ryan_Ruck
@Jozsi
@Eastener
@CPT_CAVEMAN
And any others I forgot

for making this the single best and most comprehensive news/analisis source in this war.

Unlike what parts of GD think this war wil be pretty much defining for the world for a long time and it's of the utmost importance that Russia is not allowed to get away with their actions because of the consequensea that will entail not only for Ukraine.

It's been a weird time were (I was genuinly supprised by this) 'conservative gun owners' would prefere to be aligned with Russia, NORKs, Iran, Syria, Zimbawe, commie Cuba, Venezuela ect. over the US and Western world. Most of the time the argumets don't even make sense in a 'having logical thought pattern' type way or are just repeated from know Russian sources as ghospel.

Anyway I'l give a round of applause for the above posters who brought the bad and the good news over the last 3k pages    

View Quote

Nice to know my .mil analyst training helped somebody
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

They are already creatively interpreting the self defense clause

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-25/japan-set-to-become-one-of-world-s-biggest-defense-spenders

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Welcome to the watermelon fields, motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

My concern is we'll see the opposite outside of Poland / border countries.

"Russia is a paper tiger and can't even take Ukraine, they are no threat to us" leading to decreased military spending.

Germany is already dragging its feet on its $100B pledge of new armaments.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/berlin-lags-defence-purchases-after-100-billion-euro-pledge-sources-2022-10-27/

BERLIN, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Germany is struggling to ramp up defence procurement or even just replace arms and munitions it has supplied to Kyiv, several sources told Reuters eight months after Chancellor Olaf Scholz pledged 100 billion euros to bring the military up to speed.

"There is almost no movement at all," a source involved in German defence procurement procedures said on Thursday, adding very few orders had been placed so far.

"We would have expected to see many more orders by now," one defence industry manager, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters.

"There is a war raging in Ukraine but procedures here are still running in peace-time mode, while inflation is eating up the money," another defence manager said.

"Contracts for some ammunitions have been approved but that's just a drop in the ocean compared to what we actually need," the source noted.

The problems do not only affect the replacement of military gear handed over to Kyiv, however. There is also a lack of progress in filling shortfalls that existed long before the war and which are seen as much more precarious now, the person said.

View Quote

German Gov is a bunch of corrupt windowlickers, they are giving away 14% of the German GNP to other countries.

The Taliban got 500 million Euros for feminist politics.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#29]

That unit probably did die…
View Quote

For me, old Ukrainian lady with the sunflower seeds is the signature video from this whole sorry story.  I hope she lives to see a long row of mounds in her fields, lush with blooming sunflowers.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

NOD?

Time to create GDI
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

NOD?

Time to create GDI

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lisagrantbb:
Just dry the river up, wow that’s a big order. 20 years ago we dewattered a large oxbow lake ( that was red river) so they could modify the spill gate. They drained it in September and the following August you still couldn’t drive anything bigger than an ATV on it. Don’t believe me, just ask all the local rednecks that tried it with there jacked up 4x4 trucks. Farmers were constantly pulling people out all summer long. Everyone wanted to to be the first to drive across.
View Quote

Also, as I mentioned a few pages back, you can't dewater the Dnipro even if you locked the dam up tight. There are other tributaries below the dam, and it's a brackish estuary that flows into the Black Sea which would obligingly back up to keep some level of water up, at and around Kherson.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Croak:

https://imgur.com/NbfeHIN.jpg
View Quote

Nostalgia hitting hard here. I've been waiting for someone to make an Orca since I was boy. And why not have an Abrams with TWO cannon?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:

Nostalgia hitting hard here. I've been waiting for someone to make an Orca since I was boy. And why not have an Abrams with TWO cannon?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:
Originally Posted By Croak:

https://imgur.com/NbfeHIN.jpg

I'm not alone!

And Carryalls!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:37:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#36]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:
The Ukrainians have performed well beyond expectations but lets be real, that's with absolutely massive outside support and against an enemy that keeps fucking it up by the numbers. Even with those factors I would say they're not even the second best army in Europe.
View Quote

But you just proved it right there that they are. Given a more equal playing field, they are better fighters, better organized, and better led. Now imagine if they had the same population and same equipment as the orcs, this war would have never happened.

Russia thought that Ukraine was feeble and weak, they thought it was the right time to put a hurt on Ukraine. Joke was on them. They held their own even in the first few weeks of the war without support from the West. Remember, Kiev in 3 days was Russia’s mantra.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#37]

That's Awesome to see! She loves her country and was willing to risk everything to help defend it. BRAVO! To her and thr many others who work behind the lines in the shadows
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I look forward to the stories of the partisans.

Same. They seem to really be making them a priority.

That's Awesome to see! She loves her country and was willing to risk everything to help defend it. BRAVO! To her and thr many others who work behind the lines in the shadows

Where can I find out what kind of tactics partisans use against an occupying army?
Other than shooting a couple of them which would be a suicide mission.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Right next to their dugouts too.  Too bad we didn't get the aftermath images, that drone was tumbling lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By LJ6798:

Where can I find out what kind of tactics partisans use against an occupying army?
View All Quotes

It's a secret. Sorry
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

But you just proved it right there that they are. Given a more equal playing field, they are better fighters, better organized, and better led. Now imagine if they had the same population and same equipment as the orcs, this war would have never happened.

Russia thought that Ukraine was feeble and weak, they thought it was the right time to put a hurt on Ukraine. Joke was on them. They held their own even in the first few weeks of the war without support from the West. Remember, Kiev in 3 days was Russia’s mantra.
View Quote

Take a step back for a second and reread what I wrote. I'm not comparing the Ukrainians to the Russians. I have directly trained Ukrainian military personnel. I've also trained military personnel in most of the other NATO countries. The Ukrainians are fine soldiers but to say that they're the #2 military in the world is hyperbolic to a level that it's comical.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:
Stugna wipes out entire column. A lot of armor

https://t.me/horevica/7568

View Quote

That’s a good video!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Take a step back for a second and reread what I wrote. I'm not comparing the Ukrainians to the Russians. I have directly trained Ukrainian military personnel. I've also trained military personnel in most of the other NATO countries. The Ukrainians are fine soldiers but to say that they're the #2 military in the world is hyperbolic to a level that it's comical.
View Quote

Who is a country that surprisingly has their shit together that tends to fly under the radar?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#43]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

It's a secret. Sorry
View All Quotes

It's a secret. Sorry

Partisan activities are kinda timeless. In modern times they pretty much do exactly what they did in wwii and every other modern conflict. They are called terrorists and spies(except not official ones) if you’re on the receiving end.

There was a Molotov cocktail throwing posted a couple pages ago. They do anything and everything to disrupt the enemy and help their liberators. From girls pretending to want to fuck a soldier and slitting his throat to reporting troop movements.

Maybe I’m giving too serious an answer to an obvious question… google partisan activities and that’s it. Everyting you see, eeeeevery-ting!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

In the book "Blood and Ruins", the author devotes a chapter to partisan activities in WWII.

Most activities centered on taking out collaborators with the enemy.

If you took out a soldier, severe retributions could take place against the civilian population.

If you killed a collaborator, nothing much happened.

I think we saw evidence of some of this in Kherson earlier when officials working with the Russians met with untimely deaths or "accidents".
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#45]

View Quote

You didn’t really explain why you don’t think Ukraine is no. 2. I mean you’re probably right, it’s been more tongue in cheek because they’re certainly much better than the big bad Russians, something we’ve gotten used to hearing for the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Finally, we are seeing the faces of the hero's. I never understood all the masks and blurred faces. Not everyone is an SBU operative or DevGru on "vacation" in Ukraine. You are liberating your own country so feel proud to show your faces! The Russian war criminals should be the ones hiding their ugly mugs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhS7CvTXkAEZq4k?format=jpg&name=900x900

Finally, we are seeing the faces of the hero's. I never understood all the masks and blurred faces. Not everyone is an SBU operative or DevGru on "vacation" in Ukraine. You are liberating your own country so feel proud to show your faces! The Russian war criminals should be the ones hiding their ugly mugs.

One reason is a lot of those guys still have family and friends in occupied Russian areas or have been taken to Russia and could be targeted by the Russians if the soldiers are identified.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#47]

It's a secret. Sorry
View All Quotes

It's a secret. Sorry

LOL
I understand that, I'm not asking for specifics to Ukraine.
Historically it goes back forever, I would even be interested in WW1 or WW2 tactics.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Why would it?  Western Europe barely lifted a finger compared to the east to knock their biggest adversary off the map.

Why would they reinvest in military when their is no need?  That's going to be a common thought.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for the pointers on where to look for info.

Taking out the collaborators makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#50]

LOL
I understand that, I'm not asking for specifics to Ukraine.
Historically it goes back forever, I would even be interested in WW1 or WW2 tactics.
View Quote

Cause problems anyway you can think of. Don't die. Don't cause problems near home. Be sneaky. Information is valuable, share with the right people.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2998 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top