Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3196 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Probably the usual right wing tards (MTG, etc.).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Pool on who is going to make a scene?

Probably the usual right wing tards (MTG, etc.).
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
My T-80U dogtag arrived today.

https://i.imgur.com/aLt0nse.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PMpAwUw.jpg

View Quote

Those really are neat.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

post a link up where to order
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

C'mon Puti boy.

Don't be a pussy.
Be a man like Zelensky.  
Come and hand out medals to your troops within artillery range of Bakhmut!...

I dare you...
I double dog dare you!

Pussy!
View Quote

He can’t hear you sitting 50 feet away on the other side of that long ass desk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#5]

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I remember Xiden's stupid "gaff" (spoke the quiet part out loud again) when he said we would impose sanctions 'unless it was a minor incursion'. Putin and his Generals must have been high fiving at that one.
View Quote

Yeah, that's what you call "permission".  Biden very frequently says stuff out loud the white house immediately says needs to be clarified or reversed. I kind of think our government is using him as a dottering old fool to leak the information we want leaked.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By apr67:

And some of that stuff likely got intercepted by spooks and sent to arm terrorists that we support, just perhaps not officially support.  The US has for far too long supplied the enemy of our enemy with weapons, regardless of how totally deplorable they are.  Viktor Bout may make great headlines, however governments are generally behind some of the most egregious arms deals of all time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
You would be amazed at how many things with happy switches have "walked away" from offices, cars, and even people's quarters over the years.  It is inconceivable that the Ukes will be able to maintain 100% of every piece of really cool kit we provide them in the middle of a high-intensity conflict.

And some of that stuff likely got intercepted by spooks and sent to arm terrorists that we support, just perhaps not officially support.  The US has for far too long supplied the enemy of our enemy with weapons, regardless of how totally deplorable they are.  Viktor Bout may make great headlines, however governments are generally behind some of the most egregious arms deals of all time.

Indeed. The amount of stuff we sent to AFG through the Haqqanis in the 1980's beggars belief...and we all know how THAT worked out latern on....
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By plinker2000:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By plinker2000:

https://twitter.com/dogtagua/status/1564437352805765122
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By benbob:

If Russia daughter starts an only fans account, the only thing that has to die is kittens
View Quote

#kittensandcarrots
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

I think we already know the tank's biggest weak points:

1. It is made in Russia
2. It is operated by Russians

Like everything else associated with the Russian military, the T-90 has proven overhyped and underwhelming. The fact it is operated by people who would be considered borderline retarded in western nations doesn't help it any.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

WRT to the long-form post AT twitter-linked early today by “Murz,” that guy was referring to the OPPOSITE of this.  He’s saying the Army leadership is carelessly wrecking the army and it will bring down the government.

In the 1905 Revolution, the Guard units were loyal and put down the revolution.  “Guard units” are higher prestige, long-serving, presumably loyal units to the regime or crown vs. the people. Akin to UK “Household” regiments, and similar units usually called “Guards” or “Life” units in many, many countries, Asian also.   In WWI, these units were rotated to the front often enough in Russia that it diluted and destroyed them. Very parallel to what has happened to elite Guard formations in Ukraine this year.  When the February 1917 revolution happened, the weakened/diluted guard units refused orders to put it down - which they would not have done in 1914, or if they had not been so badly degraded and diluted.  That is what the author means by:

“Stohkod” refers to a river and area in western Ukraine where in WWI the Brusilov offensive crippled the Austro-Germans, but also crippled the Russian army, too.  So Murz is saying that he really fears the general weakening of the Army and guard forces by incompetence can lead to the dissolution of the Russian Federation.  A Russian reader gets this all in one sentence and it would alarm them and alert them to the seriousness of the state of the army.
View Quote

Nice post.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#14]

A soldier of the SSO of Ukraine wearing a Batlskin Head Protection System ballistic mask. Photo of autumn 2022.

#Ukraine #ССО #Photo
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

Man, what is it with that place?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:15:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#16]

2022 I think you mean.

Anyway, quite frankly I didn't really want to see the US commit anything to Ukraine on 2/15/2022.  Based on how fast Crimea fell, I felt like everything we gave would be gifted to the Russians in hours.  I think for many citizens of the US, and maybe for the US Administration, the grit shown early on changed minds.  If it didn't change the mind of the administration, they at least saw the direction the wind was blowing.

After the fiasco that Afghanistan was, with best sources telling us it would be a few months before it all fell apart, and the reality was, it was immediate, you really can't blame anyone for being gun shy.

All we can do now is get behind Ukraine, and badger our goverment to support them. I think calls for sending overly complex US systems is probably wrong, we need to get others to give them stuff they already know how to support, and use, and get those other folks back filled with US stuff ASAP.
View Quote

Look, we all hate what the Ukrainian people are suffering, but for Christ's sake! We just authorized another $34.5 BILLION to go to Ukraine! How much is being siphoned off/laundered is anyone's guess (I'd suppose a huge amount).

The whole thing is absolute insanity. We're shoveling money to them as fast as possible and all the while we have record inflation, the petro-dollar is dead (announced by SA last week), our economy is a shambles and the the Fed is raising rates in a big way! Raising rates would fight inflation, but not if we don't reign in spending!

These are ALL recipes for disaster, whether Ukraine wins or not! Taken together... the US is going to be wrecked, likely irreparably.

WTF?!?

And all the while, they're losing 500-700 troops in the Dombas alone, every single day (US numbers) and we've had a 150,000+ single adults crossing our southern border since October - in just one sector!

Someone please tell me why we are committing national suicide for Ukraine. Seriously. Just to "stop Russian expansion westward"? They'd never dare invade a NATO member and their nuclear bluster is just that. Putin/Russia knows it'd be annihilated, instantly.

Seriously. Feeling bad for suffering people has to know a limit.

Go ahead, attack me. Call me a "Russian shill". I don't fucking care anymore. Half of you are certifiable.

ETA: if you don't think that half of what's being posted here is UE propaganda, I don't know what to tell you. Who the fuck knows what's really happening?

Removed from thread, no need to reply - ec
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Look, we all hate what the Ukrainian people are suffering, but for Christ's sake! We just authorized another $34.5 BILLION to go to Ukraine! How much is being siphoned off/laundered is anyone's guess (I'd suppose a huge amount).

The whole thing is absolute insanity. We're shoveling money to them as fast as possible and all the while we have record inflation, the petro-dollar is dead (announced by SA last week), our economy is a shambles and the the Fed is raising rates in a big way! Raising rates would fight inflation, but not if we don't reign in spending!

These are ALL recipes for disaster, whether Ukraine wins or not! Taken together... the US is going to be wrecked, likely irreparably.

WTF?!?

And all the while, they're losing 500-700 troops in the Dombas alone, every single day (US numbers) and we've had a 150,000+ single adults crossing our southern border since October - in just one sector!

Someone please tell me why we are committing national suicide for Ukraine. Seriously. Just to "stop Russian expansion westward"? They'd never dare invade a NATO member and their nuclear bluster is just that. Putin/Russia knows it'd be annihilated, instantly.

Go ahead, attack me. Call me a "Russian shill". I don't fucking care anymore. Half of you are certifiable.
View Quote

Start your own thread on these egregious acts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:22:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#19]
We just authorized another $34.5 BILLION to go to Ukraine!
View Quote

Is that:

• $34.5 billion of cash direct to a Ukraine bank account?

• $34.5 billion of cash that the US government is sending to various defense contractors who will then produce new equipment/munitions and send to Ukraine?

• $34.5 billion worth of equipment/munitions from current US stockpiles?

I'm guessing it's a combination of all three, but it'd be interesting to know what the percentages are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#20]

WTF?!?

ETA: if you don't think that half of what's being posted here is UE propaganda, I don't know what to tell you. Who the fuck knows what's really happening?
View All Quotes

2022 I think you mean.

Anyway, quite frankly I didn't really want to see the US commit anything to Ukraine on 2/15/2022.  Based on how fast Crimea fell, I felt like everything we gave would be gifted to the Russians in hours.  I think for many citizens of the US, and maybe for the US Administration, the grit shown early on changed minds.  If it didn't change the mind of the administration, they at least saw the direction the wind was blowing.

After the fiasco that Afghanistan was, with best sources telling us it would be a few months before it all fell apart, and the reality was, it was immediate, you really can't blame anyone for being gun shy.

All we can do now is get behind Ukraine, and badger our goverment to support them. I think calls for sending overly complex US systems is probably wrong, we need to get others to give them stuff they already know how to support, and use, and get those other folks back filled with US stuff ASAP.

WTF?!?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:23:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#21]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Start your own thread on these egregious acts.
View Quote

Can't stand a contrary voice of reason, huh?

If you feel so strongly, how 'bout you hop a flight over there and show us what a hero looks like?

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#22]

WTF?!?

View All Quotes

2022 I think you mean.

WTF?!?

I want to start a GiveSendGo to fund the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Math Good.

@Former11BRAVO Maybe you can tell us again how this is a religious war with Russia upholding Christian values!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#23]

WTF?!?

View Quote
holy shit... I'm embarrassed for you right now.
out of
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#24]

If you feel so strongly, how 'bout you hop a flight over there and show us what a hero looks like?
View Quote

No man it just takes up pages of this thread. With shit that has been discussed here over and over.

I feel strongly about not sliding this thread for three pages. I'll take a flight over to your new thread to discuss your points or maybe I won't. Its not worth the time.

Maybe you can instead hop over to the border and shoot some illegals if you feel so strongly about that, hero.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#25]

WTF?!?

View Quote

What's really happening is Ukrainians are killing the FUCK out of Russians and the USA isn't sending large numbers of our sons and daughters to pay the butcher's bill.  It's the bargain of the century!!!  We are not committing national suicide for Ukraine.  The southern border is wide open because our government is hell-bent on it, it's not because of a lack of money!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

He is barely holding on to his leadership position. He has a huge opposition and many people are training outside the
country to overthrow him. That would give them a legitimate reason to take action against him .
View Quote

The opposition will be combat trained and well armed at that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

No man it just takes up pages of this thread. With shit that has been discussed here over and over.

I feel strongly about not sliding this thread for three pages. I'll take a flight over to your new thread to discuss your points or maybe I won't. Its not worth the time.

Maybe you can instead hop over to the border and shoot some illegals if you feel so strongly about that, hero.  

View Quote

I will if you will.

Double dog dare ya!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
out of
View All Quotes

WTF?!?

out of

Now, there's a well reasoned argument.

How 'bout you tell me why I'm so wrong, hot shot?

You guys are like virtue signaling lefties; all emotion w/o the slightest bit of sense.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]
This reportedly happened this month.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkdGlyvXwAI2tbz?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Good. Good for them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys are like virtue signaling lefties; all emotion w/o the slightest bit of sense.
View Quote

"We're committing national suicide" is a rather emotional statement. Explain how a single digit percentage of the defense budget is going to suicide America, because I don't see it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

WTF?!?

out of

"Someone please tell me why we are committing national suicide for Ukraine."

something an overly emotional or drunk person would say
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Let's say your neighbor had made some unwise business deals and "bad guys" were coming for him - real bad guys. They've shot up his house a couple times and are organizing to come up the street in force, torches in hand, to burn him out.

Would you bankrupt yourself, mortgage your house to the hilt to dig him a mote, install guard towers, walls with razor-wire and buy him every small arm known to man and pay other guys to defend?

No?

Then, what the fuck are you condemning me and my position on Ukraine for?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

If they repaired a couple of those T90's Germany could double it's tank forces...
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/4DDBE1CD-B163-4559-ADFA-E4CC910D48C2-2642589.jpg

A soldier of the SSO of Ukraine wearing a Batlskin Head Protection System ballistic mask. Photo of autumn 2022.

#Ukraine #ССО #Photo
View Quote

Those bullpups are tits.

Wish we could get kits.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:46:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#35]
Originally Posted By GreyHat:

"We're committing national suicide" is a rather emotional statement. Explain how a single digit percentage of the defense budget is going to suicide America, because I don't see it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreyHat:

We are not at "a single digit percentage of" our defense budget.

We can't afford this shit and to imply what we've thrown over there (more than the entire annual defense budgets of both Ukraine AND Russia), is a trivial sum, you're being disingenious, at best.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Another multiple page thread derail incoming.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Let's say your neighbor had made some unwise business deals and "bad guys" were coming for him - real bad guys. They've shot up his house a couple times and are organizing to come up the street in force, torches in hand, to burn him out.

Would you bankrupt yourself, mortgage your house to the hilt to dig him a mote, install guard towers, walls with razor-wire and buy him every small arm known to man and pay other guys to defend?

No?

View Quote
how is the US being bankrupted by sending equipment from storage to Ukraine when congress is about to pass a 1.7 Trillion dollar spending bill?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#38]

No?

View Quote

So now it's a war over business deals? I thought it was a war over religious values and the great white hope Putin defending against the decadent and morally bankrupt West?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]

No?

View Quote

Please show the math on how aid to Ukraine is bankrupting us.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#40]

View Quote

The only one emotional here is you. I am here out of interest of how effective our weapon systems are against our largest foe for the past like 60 years. Along with looking at what is important on a modern battlefield fighting a near peer.

You want to win me over to stop us funding the best live R&D exercise ever? I feel for the Ukrainians but putting our dick down here will have noticeable effects down the road with regards to China and with Russia. We have been in a state war since our country was founded. This one is cheap and has far more benefits to America than Iraq or Afghanistan ever did.

I am done sliding.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Another multiple page thread derail incoming.
View Quote
sorry. just put him on ignore.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#42]

WTF?!?

View Quote

I look at it this way...our country is DEAD! We lost our Republic a few years ago. Elections are a fucking joke and our sterling institutions like the FBI are now a rat's nest of corruption. We are just living through the whimpering and groaning of the last stages.

BUT, we can help Ukraine survive and maybe become the next beacon of freedom like the USA used to be.  Like France helping the 13 Colonies during the revolution, we couldn't have done it without them. It was just a few years later that France fucking collapsed into the French Revolution, then the Napoleonic wars. But they helped create the USA that would eventually came to save them 2 TIMES in the 20th century.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Those bullpups are tits.

Wish we could get kits.
View Quote

I’m not into bullpups, since I’m a lefty. But I’d get one and learn to shoot right.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#44]

No?

View Quote

Because everything you are saying, especially the analogy above are wrong.

America IS committing national suicide but Ukraine has nothing to do with it. Yu think 35B will bankrupt us? Come on dude. Then at least argue that our 700B mil. budget is too much.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 8:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jough43] [#45]
You guys are too nice.  Former-1bravado is obviously a troll.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

I’m not into bullpups, since I’m a lefty. But I’d get one and learn to shoot right.
View Quote

Put me down for 3
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#47]

No?

View Quote

Nope! But I own maybe 30 guns, a bunch of AR's...most of which I don't shoot anymore. Plus maybe 3-4K of ammo....I'd probably give him a couple of the guns I don't shoot anymore,
maybe 1000 rds of ammo.....more if he had friends that we going to fight with him. Hell, I'll never miss that stuff.....

People don't understand the SIZE of the US budget....They hear "35 billion" like that a lot of money.
We are giving them almost nothing,  sacrificing almost nothing, and we are destroying Russia.

Big thing is...after Russia is destroyed....they WON'T be able to enter into an alliance with China....this takes them off the board, before we have to deal with them.
We could only hope that we get as good a deal as we got with Ukraine to destroy them too. Maybe Taiwan.

AoD
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#49]
The herp and derp crowd is really feeling their oats lately. They are in insult mode in other threads.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#50]
How is it that the Rooskies haven't wacked Zelensky yet?
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3196 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top