Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3195 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Lukashenka knows better this war is not going well for Russia

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
ISW assessment for December 19th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-december-19

I've gotta think that we have offered something
positive to him also.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

Dude must clank when he walks.  that takes some big ones.  This makes my day.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By general_cluster:
Originally Posted By PMB1086:

Dude must clank when he walks.  that takes some big ones.  This makes my day.  

C'mon Puti boy.

Don't be a pussy.
Be a man like Zelensky.  
Come and hand out medals to your troops within artillery range of Bakhmut!...

I dare you...
I double dog dare you!

Pussy!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The only part of Kissinger's proposal that has any merit is the part that says an agreement would have to allow Ukraine to be part of NATO. The rest of his idea is nonsense. Neither of combatants are going to agree to return to the border of Jan 2022 so why even throw it out there? Elections in the occupied territories without a Russian withdrawal? The Russians have depopulated those territories, who's going to vote if the Russian's still occupy them?

Ideas thrown out for the sake of attempting to play to being the great negotiator. Kissinger is 99 years old, in his prime he was a shitty negotiator and he hasn't improved with age. Time to fade away Henry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

positive to him also.
View Quote

Maybe, or maybe the Poles gave him a call, or both.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

That's a whole lot of heat never going to make it into Russian homes.

Bundle up Ivan.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
These really are getting as bad as those after school specials we saw in the 80's.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Santa!
View Quote

Some additional footage over the Twitter link posted yesterday. Like I said, good to see them keeping the holiday spirit alive in such trying circumstances.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]

"Okay guys. I just got the play from coach. Everybody, HUDDLE UP!!"

Actually it reminds me of those old prairie dog shooting videos.

"Nothin' but chunks!"
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Bundle up Ivan.

View Quote

Man, what is it with that place?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]

The turret is still on and no fire damage. Doesn't look like the hull was breached.

Most likely ran over a mine?
Could it be repaired and returned to service?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisherman:

Bundle up Ivan.

Careless smoking!

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
RU should hire a UA production team to improve on those ads
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#14]

"Nothin' but chunks!"
View Quote
You'd think they would learn to stop bunching up after all this time. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#15]

Bundle up Ivan.

View All Quotes

Bundle up Ivan.

This pipeline crosses Ukraine on the long e-w axis and feeds central Europe, too - mostly for export. It does feed southern Russia and Turkey, too - you aren’t wrong.  Map here:

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
You would be amazed at how many things with happy switches have "walked away" from offices, cars, and even people's quarters over the years.  It is inconceivable that the Ukes will be able to maintain 100% of every piece of really cool kit we provide them in the middle of a high-intensity conflict.
View Quote

And some of that stuff likely got intercepted by spooks and sent to arm terrorists that we support, just perhaps not officially support.  The US has for far too long supplied the enemy of our enemy with weapons, regardless of how totally deplorable they are.  Viktor Bout may make great headlines, however governments are generally behind some of the most egregious arms deals of all time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Russian TG
Apparently, near Bakhmut, the enemy is preparing the main blow. In addition to the previously deployed brigades from the southern direction, 2 more brigades have already been brought up, one of which is an airborne assault.
A very strong percussion fist is formed.
It is obvious that the tactics of exhausting the defense has yielded results.
Given that Wagner in this area was based on offensive operations, no one thought about high-quality defense.
But there are a few but ... A little later

2️⃣0️⃣5️⃣

https://t.me/mototroopers_205/770

The Russians occasionally show signs of at least wanting to learn modern combat medicine. God they suck, though.

Russian doctor shows off knock-off medical products of questionable utility.
All mobilized Ugra residents will be provided with special first aid kits. It contains 18 positions: everything you need for self-help and saving the life of the wounded. Honored Doctor of Russia, retired colonel of the medical service Alexander Gormut commented on the composition of the tactical first aid kit at our request.

#YugraOnline
Archangel of the Special Forces. Subscribe.

https://t.me/rusich_army/6880

“We tried these things called ‘bandages’.  GAMECHANGUH.”
By the way, in a few days, German IPPs will arrive to us, which we will also send to the guys.

Our close friend helped himself with one of these IPPs on August 29, at the very beginning of the breakthrough of the Armed Forces of Ukraine across the Ingulets River, after he received a bullet wound in his leg. The bandage proved to be excellent, which led to the decision to purchase several dozen pieces.

@ok_spn

https://t.me/ok_spn/22241

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Here linked below is Biden/the White House saying explicitly on 2/15 that if Russia invades, Our response will be to defend NATO space, impose sanctions, and work against FURTHER aggression, and, oh yeah, lower gas prices (sic).  Nothing about material support for Ukraine; all references to support are past-tense. They green-lit it as far as a diplomat would read it. It was only when they were caught-out with public opinion and foreign leadership post-invation that they started to play catch-up.

Biden on possible Ukraine invasion, 2/15/2021

View Quote

2022 I think you mean.

Anyway, quite frankly I didn't really want to see the US commit anything to Ukraine on 2/15/2022.  Based on how fast Crimea fell, I felt like everything we gave would be gifted to the Russians in hours.  I think for many citizens of the US, and maybe for the US Administration, the grit shown early on changed minds.  If it didn't change the mind of the administration, they at least saw the direction the wind was blowing.

After the fiasco that Afghanistan was, with best sources telling us it would be a few months before it all fell apart, and the reality was, it was immediate, you really can't blame anyone for being gun shy.

All we can do now is get behind Ukraine, and badger our goverment to support them. I think calls for sending overly complex US systems is probably wrong, we need to get others to give them stuff they already know how to support, and use, and get those other folks back filled with US stuff ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]

This pipeline crosses Ukraine on the long e-w axis and feeds central Europe, too - mostly for export. It does feed southern Russia and Turkey, too - you aren't wrong.  Map here:

View All Quotes

Bundle up Ivan.

This pipeline crosses Ukraine on the long e-w axis and feeds central Europe, too - mostly for export. It does feed southern Russia and Turkey, too - you aren't wrong.  Map here:

If I'm looking at that map right the fire is quite a ways east but also slightly north of Moscow.  That's a pretty deep strike into Russia for the Ukrainians.

Definitely a way to deal with the fact that too many nations aren't holding to the sanctions on Russian energy. Russia can't sell gas on the black market if it burns up in Russia.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View All Quotes

"Nothin' but chunks!"

The commanders are miles away from the front line and each batch of cannon fodder doesn't live long enough to warn the next batch of cannon fodder.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Been a while since we’ve had a really satisfying one of these.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Russian TG
Apparently, near Bakhmut, the enemy is preparing the main blow. In addition to the previously deployed brigades from the southern direction, 2 more brigades have already been brought up, one of which is an airborne assault.
A very strong percussion fist is formed.
It is obvious that the tactics of exhausting the defense has yielded results.
Given that Wagner in this area was based on offensive operations, no one thought about high-quality defense.
But there are a few but ... A little later

https://t.me/mototroopers_205/770

The Russians occasionally show signs of at least wanting to learn modern combat medicine. God they suck, though.

Russian doctor shows off knock-off medical products of questionable utility.
All mobilized Ugra residents will be provided with special first aid kits. It contains 18 positions: everything you need for self-help and saving the life of the wounded. Honored Doctor of Russia, retired colonel of the medical service Alexander Gormut commented on the composition of the tactical first aid kit at our request.

#YugraOnline
Archangel of the Special Forces. Subscribe.

https://t.me/rusich_army/6880

"We tried these things called 'bandages'.  GAMECHANGUH."
By the way, in a few days, German IPPs will arrive to us, which we will also send to the guys.

Our close friend helped himself with one of these IPPs on August 29, at the very beginning of the breakthrough of the Armed Forces of Ukraine across the Ingulets River, after he received a bullet wound in his leg. The bandage proved to be excellent, which led to the decision to purchase several dozen pieces.

@ok_spn

https://t.me/ok_spn/22241

View Quote
It's all about the cost

If everything was free, then they would all be carrying the best med kits available.  Unfortunately because money is trading hands,
everyone and their brother gets something, leaving no money for the  allocated med kits.  We see that with everything RU built,
and everything we are seeing on the field is pretty much junk due to the payoffs. These products look great on paper but it costs
big bucks to build a quality product using the best manufacturing processes available.  Just look at the new RU MIG-35 and their
shitty manufacturing plant or plants.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#24]

The White House was prepared to hang Ukraine out to dry as late as 2/15, they put it in writing and told the Russians that publicly.  Link below.

My understanding is that the reason the Russians didn’t get Kyiv in a couple days was that the Ukrainian command did take it VERY seriously, and it’s what saved them. They relocated aircraft to emergency bases, they moved AD assets and other mobile assets so any Russian position intel was negated, and took up an aggressive defensive posture that proved crucially successful.  That NYT article does go into details on some of this in the immediate pre-invasion period.

No inside knowledge, but the results seem to fit that scenario - the Russians hit hot air in some strikes, were shot to pieces at Hostomel, hit prepared L-shaped ambushes on their MSRs, and the Ukr AF survived to fight.  The one glaring problem was the force out of Crimea; I’ve heard that treason had a lot to do with that, but I have never found real details on that.  We dragged our feet for an excruciating period after the initial period in getting meaningful aid flowing, and there was substantial debate at high level and lack of commitment initially and pre-invasion.  This is in evidence, not speculation.

Here linked below is Biden/the White House saying explicitly on 2/15 that if Russia invades, Our response will be to defend NATO space, impose sanctions, and work against FURTHER aggression, and, oh yeah, lower gas prices (sic).  Nothing about material support for Ukraine; all references to support are past-tense. They green-lit it as far as a diplomat would read it. It was only when they were caught-out with public opinion and foreign leadership post-invation that they started to play catch-up.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j_hooker:

I’m saying this as a hardcore UA supporter, Ukraine didn’t exactly take the threat serious enough leading up to Feb 24th. I remember  tons of heads up to UA from the West that Russia was going to invade.   As to being serious on aid, haven’t we always lead the material donation chart? I know we could and should do more, but very pleased with what we have done and I think we should recognize the support and effort we have applied otherwise the rift felt between the right is in vain.

The White House was prepared to hang Ukraine out to dry as late as 2/15, they put it in writing and told the Russians that publicly.  Link below.

My understanding is that the reason the Russians didn’t get Kyiv in a couple days was that the Ukrainian command did take it VERY seriously, and it’s what saved them. They relocated aircraft to emergency bases, they moved AD assets and other mobile assets so any Russian position intel was negated, and took up an aggressive defensive posture that proved crucially successful.  That NYT article does go into details on some of this in the immediate pre-invasion period.

No inside knowledge, but the results seem to fit that scenario - the Russians hit hot air in some strikes, were shot to pieces at Hostomel, hit prepared L-shaped ambushes on their MSRs, and the Ukr AF survived to fight.  The one glaring problem was the force out of Crimea; I’ve heard that treason had a lot to do with that, but I have never found real details on that.  We dragged our feet for an excruciating period after the initial period in getting meaningful aid flowing, and there was substantial debate at high level and lack of commitment initially and pre-invasion.  This is in evidence, not speculation.

It pains to admit it, Biden did say something that was true in that speech:  

"If we do not stand for freedom where it is at risk today, we’ll surely pay a steeper price tomorrow." 

I guess it was a self-fulfilling prophecy, but still.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

I wish they would show this in the prime time TV news, especially in Europe.

Never again my ass.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Grist for the mill.  
The tweet identifies these as BM-21 Grad and they don't appear the later Tornado G version capable of firing self guided rockets.  So it looks like more old out of date spray and pray ordinance for the Orcs.

Also looks to be a couple very small towed arty pieces on the train as well.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#28]

C'mon Puti boy.

Don't be a pussy.
Be a man like Zelensky.  

I dare you...
I double dog dare you!

Pussy!
View Quote

Needs someone to translate into Russian so the trolls can forward it faster!
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#29]

"Nothin' but chunks!"
View Quote

DAAAMN
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
https://tass.ru/ekonomika/16645221

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

"Nothin' but chunks!"

You don’t learn much if there are nearly 100% casualties every time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

Pool on who is going to make a scene?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkc4IphX0AApwaa?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I was wondering what happened to that one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#39]
View All Quotes

The all new 2023 Lada, priced at just one conscript.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Capta:

You don’t learn much if there are nearly 100% casualties every time.
View Quote

"Bunch'em & Munch'em"
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Pool on who is going to make a scene?
View Quote

Probably the usual right wing tards (MTG, etc.).
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

That says a lot that no one can decide if it's real or parody. They lack the self awareness to see they are so screwed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 6:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]
This reportedly happened this month.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#45]

C'mon Puti boy.

Don't be a pussy.
Be a man like Zelensky.  

I dare you...
I double dog dare you!

Pussy!
View Quote

Putin's troops would tear him apart.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#46]

positive to him also.
View All Quotes
ISW assessment for December 19th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-december-19

positive to him also.

He is barely holding on to his leadership position. He has a huge opposition and many people are training outside the
country to overthrow him. That would give them a legitimate reason to take action against him .
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#47]
This reportedly happened this month.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkdGlyvXwAI2tbz?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

It's so very satisfying when they FF an airframe that UA doesn't even operate
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#48]

"Nothin' but chunks!"
View Quote

Suicide drone? Or ATGM? The pop was bigger than the drones I've seen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#49]
My T-80U dogtag arrived today.

Link Posted: 12/20/2022 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
My T-80U dogtag arrived today.

https://i.imgur.com/aLt0nse.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PMpAwUw.jpg

View Quote

Hell yeah. Told me wife I want one for Christmas.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3195 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top