Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3201 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Disagree across the whole board. If there wasn't any rebuttal to draw him out, the mods would not have taken action.

If BS posters are all on ignore and no one challenges them, their comments remain uncontested for others to read and be swayed by. This applies to all topics.

There is a balance with sliding, however anyone can just scan past it if you think there have been sufficient replies.

I have nobody on ignore.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I’m hoping Russian women bail to Europe etc and flood the dating market - possible check to 3rd wave feminism and obesity trend
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Dutch defence brass are expecting him to announce the transition to 'wartime economy' i.e. state determines production/working hours ect.

You could feel sorry for the Russian people once more suffering the whims of a Tsar/pycopath/dictator but they ran in to this situation head first and willingly. And to think it could be all over if they cut the bs and just went home.    

I’m hoping Russian women bail to Europe etc and flood the dating market - possible check to 3rd wave feminism and obesity trend

I have a spare room in case you hear of any looking for a place to stay until the festivities are over.
Send pics first.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Definately shaping operations for the next offensive.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkg5EHRWYAAE0PS?format=jpg&name=large
Holy shit

I wonder how you translate "YGBSM" into Ukrainian?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ricko1:
Hopefully prepping for the JDAMs they are getting
View All Quotes

Holy shit
Hopefully prepping for the JDAMs they are getting

Exactly my thoughts as well. After prepping with harm strikes for a few weeks, they might then do additional harm strikes to mitigate the anti aircraft threats in conjunction with jdams at the frontline positions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Per Reuters, publicly available sources that reflect prison population levels in Russia point to a decrease of about 25,000 over the last few months.
View Quote

NYC says hold my beer...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Ukrainian forces storm a Russian trench in Bakhmut.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#10]
FAKE!

View Quote

Y'all need to tighten up your information feeds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/eb79ar/large_explosion_from_an_unknown_device_in_syria/

Almost as bad as the asshole here who keeps sharing tweets from @NoelReports

@Noelreports is not in Ukraine and is actively soliciting for money.  When confronted with his trolling for cash @Noelreports admitted he has no job and he is surviving on donations.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
I read the article but didn't see any links to her supporting her statement. If she is going to make such statements then she should have more than just words from her mouth to show how she decided this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Can she run face first into a sledgehammer? Repeatedly?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

100K round of 125mm?  50K Grad rounds?  We must’ve bought out a few third-world armories!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bbrocks:
FAKE!

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/eb79ar/large_explosion_from_an_unknown_device_in_syria/

@Noelreports is not in Ukraine and is actively soliciting for money.  When confronted with his trolling for cash @Noelreports admitted he has no job and he is surviving on donations.
View All Quotes
FAKE!

You’re correct.  We’re generally pretty good at that but some do make it in.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Wow
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Since we know a total shit festival is coming with Zelensky's visit to the US I will give this advice. Do not engage in taunting or being rude to those that cheer for Taylor. Let them be the asshat they want to be. Also do not argue with more than one of them. It part of their plan to keep constant pressure on you and forcing you into a violation.  Just ignore anyone trying to join in and making you have to defend everything.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Look, we all hate what the Ukrainian people are suffering, but for Christ's sake! We just authorized another $34.5 BILLION to go to Ukraine! How much is being siphoned off/laundered is anyone's guess (I'd suppose a huge amount).
Removed from thread, no need to reply - ec
View Quote

I suppose its zero and since we aren't playing with facts or a full deck of cards, neither of us is right.

How much money do we spend having troops in Europe every year just to be a show of force against Russia?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/202212211540-yrD5d.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/8DB51701-096E-4800-B75E-F6D7FFBA3697-2643111.jpg

View Quote

Man!  The Onion has outdone itself on that one!  LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Since we know a total shit festival is coming with Zelensky's visit to the US I will give this advice. Do not engage in taunting or being rude to those that cheer for Taylor. Let them be the asshat they want to be. Also do not argue with more than one of them. It part of their plan to keep constant pressure on you and forcing you into a violation.  Just ignore anyone trying to join in and making you have to defend everything.
View Quote

My momma always told me that I should never be mean to the kids wearing a helmet, drooling on themselves and trying to bite their own ear off.

Momma had some wise words. Miss you momma!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Prime:

This is the whole problem with the treatment of this issue by the allegedly well-meaning fiscal conservatives.  The entire system is unsustainable, but to single out one line item and say that’s the one thing that is going to end the Republic is not only wrong but it underrepresents the seriousness of the issue.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if they are sitting on a bunch of dumb bombs and just not using them due to lack of rewards for the risk. Still a shitload of risk without air superiority, unless thats about to change......  who knows guess we will have to wait and find out.
View Quote

Winner winner, kinda.  I read the justification is that it will allow them to use fewer bombs to hit what needs to be hit, saving ammo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#22]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote
Honestly, ARF (outside of the tech forums) has become such a cesspool of negativity and insanity that this is the only thread that I visit in GD.  The tech threads are still golden but GD is toast folks.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Disagree across the whole board. If there wasn't any rebuttal to draw him out, the mods would not have taken action.

If BS posters are all on ignore and no one challenges them, their comments remain uncontested for others to read and be swayed by. This applies to all topics.

There is a balance with sliding, however anyone can just scan past it if you think there have been sufficient replies.

I have nobody on ignore.

Agreed.

Gotta say I agree.  Silence gives consent.  The large majority of readers here are probably silent and not paid members with an ignore button.  If false positions are allowed, without opposition, to be stated continually, consistently, and (as appears to be the tactic) by mutually reinforcing posters, those points will gain traction.  It’s the sad reality of propaganda as identified by Dr. Goebbels.
““If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”
Maybe we don't need to engage in a running gunbattle with every troll, and the mod edits onto previous troll posts identifying the poster as banned are a useful addition for the people who read in chronological order.  But such positions need to be rebutted completely with facts EVERY TIME, for the sake of newer readers to the thread.
Yes, it’s tiresome to repeat the same exercise every three days, but the trolls WILL NOT stop.  The bottom line is that it’s a cost of doing business in an environment polluted by paid trolls, bots, actual foreign agents, and domestic fools captured by political hatred.
I’ll say a couple of things to the last group - domestic fools.  You are objectively siding with Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.  Russia has been our sworn enemy for a century, has cost us hundreds of thousands of lives of American servicemen, and has sown untold death, misery, and terror across the world.  You are flirting with treason.  For God’s sake, re-evaluate your positions and admit you made a mistake.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I'm really happy to see Soviet artillery and tank ammo in this package. Hopefully this a trend that continues, seeing as Ukraine has a lot more 122mm/152mm arty pieces than they do 155mm/105mm.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Got to bet a big component of this state visit is to get personal with Biden, short-circuit the BS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Still not budging on the ATACMS because Putin might hurt Ukraine.   What.  The.  Fuck.

Got to bet a big component of this state visit is to get personal with Biden, short-circuit the BS

I think that would be a waste of time.   But Ron Klain will probably be in the room too.    
For it to work the request must be done in public.  And have lots of “good” visuals of what Russians have done the Ukraine, but concise enough to fit in a minute or two.   Appeal directly to the American people (and congress)
Joe is too far gone to understand what is happening
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Would it make more sense to release things like ATACMS to UA without announcing it, or at least wait until the Russians are already aware because a bunch of shit got destroyed by errant cigarettes?  Not in intel or any kind of military expert but things like patriot that can be seen by sat are one things, but ATACMS are just basically a different (better) bullet for the HIMARS, right?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Biden welcomes Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to White House | full video
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View All Quotes
FAKE!

It is inevitable, especially if a certain tweet catches on and its posted by 30 other feeds you use for info.  That is where this thread can help with the provided info and its legitimacy.

Sometimes the info that is requested is so sparse that you use it because it is something and usually accurate because they get the info from generally reliable places.  

We filter through many tweets a day to try to get reliable info to this thread.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]
is this the first time we gave them Claymores?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jungatheart] [#30]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

So biological warfare,  similar to catapulting diseased corpses into medieval castles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

So biological warfare,  similar to catapulting diseased corpses into medieval castles.

This is how you make zombies. Mix these up under
close, crowded conditions and Viola.

Red for AIDS. White for hepatitis. Blue for tuberculosis
And they had this stuff BEFORE they were corpses.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:24:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#31]

Gotta say I agree.  Silence gives consent.  The large majority of readers here are probably silent and not paid members with an ignore button.  If false positions are allowed, without opposition, to be stated continually, consistently, and (as appears to be the tactic) by mutually reinforcing posters, those points will gain traction.  It’s the sad reality of propaganda as identified by Dr. Goebbels.
““If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”
Maybe we don't need to engage in a running gunbattle with every troll, and the mod edits onto previous troll posts identifying the poster as banned are a useful addition for the people who read in chronological order.  But such positions need to be rebutted completely with facts EVERY TIME, for the sake of newer readers to the thread.
Yes, it’s tiresome to repeat the same exercise every three days, but the trolls WILL NOT stop.  The bottom line is that it’s a cost of doing business in an environment polluted by paid trolls, bots, actual foreign agents, and domestic fools captured by political hatred.
I’ll say a couple of things to the last group - domestic fools.  You are objectively siding with Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.  Russia has been our sworn enemy for a century, has cost us hundreds of thousands of lives of American servicemen, and has sown untold death, misery, and terror across the world.  You are flirting with treason.  For God’s sake, re-evaluate your positions and admit you made a mistake.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I take some things a little more personally for obvious reasons such as being directly affected. I occasionally say my piece, but many of you have a lot more patience than I.

I am in no way a war monger by showing any excitement in the death of the many murderers running around Ukraine today. I honestly wish they would all just go home. We won't lay down and die either. They started this.

The emotional side would love to see B-52s flying overhead on their way to Russia, but that would obviously lead to a serious escalation. The fact is all the statements by the trolls and useful idiots are, for the most part, false and do not reflect the opinions on many of the pro Ukraine supporters.

We have collaborators here that commit treasonous acts for their own safety, comfort, and financial gains. Be wary if such a situation happens in the US. You are already among your enemies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

No, we did back in spring and summer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apr67] [#34]
This wont make anti-war GD tards happy

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1605301253952589824
View Quote

Not often that McConnell acts like a man, but hey, good on ya mate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#35]

The infographic mentions SU-27s adapted.  Previously we only heard of Mig-29s firing HARMs.  I also wonder if they're getting more modern HARMs and if their planes are being modified to fully use them instead of just "easy mode".
Pretty interesting development.  Russia will have to get a lot smarter with their radars, but with their poor communications that's a problem.
If Ukraine can afford to keep a HARM Mig airborne near important areas of the front they can keep up a steady attrition on radars.
View All Quotes

The infographic mentions SU-27s adapted.  Previously we only heard of Mig-29s firing HARMs.  I also wonder if they're getting more modern HARMs and if their planes are being modified to fully use them instead of just "easy mode".
Pretty interesting development.  Russia will have to get a lot smarter with their radars, but with their poor communications that's a problem.
If Ukraine can afford to keep a HARM Mig airborne near important areas of the front they can keep up a steady attrition on radars.

The SU-27 mods were mentioned a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
CEO of Ukrainian Railways;
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#40]

Now we know the source of the US and Dutch-funded Czech Excalibur T-72s from a couple weeks ago. UA is getting 90 tanks, with an option for 30 more, and a slew of spare parts. The 23 is just what's being delivered by the end of the year.

Article

Morocco also has 400+ M60s. I wonder if there's plans for more M1A2SEP3s that would makes these surplus...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:06:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#41]
"Ukrainian Forces Prepare For Possible Attack By Belarus"
View Quote

Ukrainian Forces Prepare For Possible Attack By Belarus
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JQ66] [#42]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

How about some tanks / barrels to make Fougasse to defend against the human wave attacks in places like Bakhmut?  
Flame fougasse as well as stone (but send them some heavy duty steel scrap choppers to use russian armor scrap for the projectiles.  
The weapon has precedence in the region.  
Maybe they would as so far the US is content with letting both side grind it out and neither gain the upper hand
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Can she run face first into a sledgehammer? Repeatedly?
View Quote
She is the Hank Johnson of the Republican Party.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Every time she opens her mouth she further discredits her position.  Let her expose herself and the people like her (which we see regularly here) as Russian dick-suckers and traitors to the Constitution.
View Quote

Yup, at this point MTG is either on the payroll... or is a useful idiot of the Kremlin.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By IEC:

Yup, at this point MTG is either on the payroll... or is a useful idiot of the Kremlin.
View All Quotes

Every time she opens her mouth she further discredits her position.  Let her expose herself and the people like her (which we see regularly here) as Russian dick-suckers and traitors to the Constitution.

Nobody should trust the DC establishment
And the DNC is controlling the purse strings right now.  
Yeah, they’ve always been above board.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Both?

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#47]
"Ukrainian Police Deliver Holiday Gifts In Besieged Bakhmut"
View Quote

Ukrainian Police Deliver Holiday Gifts In Besieged Bakhmut
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Z-Man was like WTF old guy? when Creepy Joe grabs his arm at the 4:50 mark.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#49]
FAKE!

View Quote

So about that.  I find most of my stuff on TG, then look for it anywhere on Twitter, because it just reads better here.  

Noel reposts stuff. I don’t care who he is. I’d post something off of Putin’s page if he had one and reposted something I knew was true 🤷‍♂️

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Nobody should trust the DC establishment
And the DNC is controlling the purse strings right now.  
Yeah, they’ve always been above board.
View Quote

My tax dollars being used to equip a sovereign nation's military that just so happens to be beating the half dead, partially-dismembered corpse of the old Soviet boogeyman to death is fine with me.

We'll recoup all the spend and then some in new arms deals and increased manufacturing and economic activity stateside.

Destroying an enemy by proxy without any boots on the ground.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3201 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top