Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3228 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Ukrainka?

This is far far away from Ukraine, I don't buy it.

https://i.imgur.com/2xtJCNz.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Chatter, sequence of events.

Ukrainka?

This is far far away from Ukraine, I don't buy it.

https://i.imgur.com/2xtJCNz.jpg

Unless they’d be dumb enough to hit US military bases in AK?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Unless they’d be dumb enough to hit US military bases in AK?
View Quote

I was wrong, read my other post.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
They could move the capital to Vladivostok.
View Quote

Can’t risk that.  No one can be 100% sure that will still be in the Russian Federation in two years’ time.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't leave Clayton Morris out of the nutbag column

It's WORSE than they're telling you in Ukraine | Redacted with Clayton Morris

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Where's the Pee Wee Herman "I meant to do that!", GIF.
View All Quotes

I think the spirit of Pee Wee Herman's Dad is prevalent in Ukraine

Milton Rubenfeld (Hebrew: מילטון רובנפלד; September 13, 1919 – February 21, 2004) was a pilot who flew for the Royal Air Force and U.S. Army during World War II, later becoming one of the five founding pilots of the Israeli Air Force in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War. It is widely believed that Rubenfeld, the other four volunteer pilots, and the other machalniks changed the course of the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Rubenfeld

[Sorry, although almost totally unrelated I could not resist posting the story of an amazing man, Milton Rubenfeld IMDB Link to Documentary]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If Ukraine has the ability to strike Engels, why not mass strike it?

Not enough munitions?

If the above is the case, strategically it was a good decision to harass that airfield. Outside of the damages, it increases lead time for detection of bombardment and makes it logistically more difficult and expensive to launch those bombardments (especially in the context of mid-air refuelling requirements).

The lack of long range munitions is definitely a frustration at this point.

But, if the capabilities are there, wouldn't a decisive mass strike make more sense? Fear of nuclear escalation? Maybe small attacks draw less ire than one giant one?

If UKR is already hitting assets that RU obviously wants to preserve, and in the context of hitting supply depots and logistics points that are in RU territory, what is the fear of UKR possessing and strategically using long range munitions such as ATACMS.

Obviously UKR is not going to fire them willy nilly into city centres as that is RU playbook, so come on already.

I feel at this point, NATO needs to start equipping UKR with assets that will start to answer some of the stalemates going on. Assets that will crush Wagner at Bakhmut. Give them strike capability into Crimea and beyond. And give them long range anti-air systems that can strike RU long range bombers while they are in flight.

Permit UKR to engage air targets over Belarus while we're at it. Or allow UKR to launch attacks from other territories. Hit the AWACS stuff and start taking the fight to them.

I am of course just arm-chairing here, but the longer this drags out, the more everyone is going to suffer. Mitigating this situation will mitigate a lot of potential global issues.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Awesome if true.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Major win for Ukraine! I'm sure more info will come soon
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m35ben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLh0KYZB9qM
View Quote

I stopped at "... genocide that's been carried out in the Donbas by Ukrainian soldiers with the help of NATO..."

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ContraHQ:

[Sorry, although almost totally unrelated I could not resist posting the story of an amazing man, Milton Rubenfeld IMDB Link to Documentary]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ContraHQ:

Milton Rubenfeld (Hebrew: מילטון רובנפלד; September 13, 1919 – February 21, 2004) was a pilot who flew for the Royal Air Force and U.S. Army during World War II, later becoming one of the five founding pilots of the Israeli Air Force in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War. It is widely believed that Rubenfeld, the other four volunteer pilots, and the other machalniks changed the course of the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

Did not know that!
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#14]

I stopped at "... genocide that's been carried out in the Donbas by Ukrainian soldiers with the help of NATO..."

https://i.imgur.com/VkTcyKh.gif
View Quote
I didn't finish it either I stopped when he started in on Ukrainians can't talk about the blackouts.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Paraflare:

Not enough munitions?

View Quote

I going with not enough long range missiles or drones.

For the attack on Dec. 5th Ukraine allegedly used the old Tupolev Tu-141 drones.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't finish it either I stopped when he started in on Ukrainians can't talk about the blackouts.
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/VkTcyKh.gif
40 seconds and i tapped out
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Prepare for a possible missile attack.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
View Quote
I don't know how anyone can watch that crap and believe it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:
Done and bump
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/3613A35D-149E-478E-9913-6571EB118FA5_jpe-2648259.JPG

Going to Bhakmut new with toys

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/04D3F319-2F02-47C0-9DAB-5384A4A98E65_jpe-2648261.JPG

After a few weeks in Bhakmut, brigade has lost significant personnel and equipment

A resident of this forum has asked us to help raise money towards getting them some new Motorolas.

Christmas drive for a Commers Cousin in Bhakmut

I'll let the Arfcommer announce himself, but we talked to his Cousins brigade, and since Bhakmut supplies are #1 right now, let's go!!! Any residual will go towards another units pickup replacement, unit also in Bhakmut.

Also merry Christmas from industrial OP Bhakmut
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/1DBF4C26-4517-4EBE-851A-253007D31621_jpe-2648271.JPG

Merry hangover everyone, we are at about 40% of funds needed for radios. Please
Done and bump

Thanks much we’re at 50%
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#22]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

View Quote

This made my day. I’m just praying it burned a bomber on ready standby
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#23]

For the attack on Dec. 5th Ukraine allegedly used the old Tupolev Tu-141 drones.

View Quote

Yup and possibly the US telling them to cause limited damage. Do enough to get the job done and thats it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#24]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk6IybgXoAAE1en?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk7IWPVWIAEuV63?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

There must be a closer airbase? Or is this just getting them beyond the range of the larger drones?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GreyHat:
https://i.postimg.cc/BbYwVHk0/1672082864860083.jpg

Big if true.
View Quote

It was more than a single drone that did all this damage.

Something more is happening than the public is aware of.

There had been some talk many moons ago about Ukraine obtaining a missile system from Korea with capabilities similar to our ATACMS. Could this attack be conducted with these?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Ukraine REALLY needs to destroy the Russian brigade in Transnistria.  Partner with Moldova to get it done.
View Quote

I’ve been pushing that for years. It’s maybe 2-4k, heck buy em out. Just go, here is 20 million, but you get it after we clear the stocks.

Or a lighting pincher. It’s only because we won’t let Ukraine fight the logical way. We place all kinds of barriers in front of them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

There had been some talk many moons ago about Ukraine obtaining a missile system from Korea with capabilities similar to our ATACMS. Could this attack be conducted with these?
View Quote

base was 800km away right? Far outside ATACMs if so.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:

Like I said, #BringBackHUAC
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

My ex grew up there and went to uni there; l asked her about that idea this summer. She said that would get about 2% support across Moldova.  The sense of Moldovan identity was too high even among the majority Romanian/Moldovan ethnic group, and for the Ukrainian and Russian ethnic minorities it was basically a declaration of war.  She said it was like speculating Canada would join the US for protection and about as probable at the moment.  Like, you, I’ve seen the idea mentioned so I asked - and it doesn’t seem likely.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Moldova has a blow off valve in that people who prefer the west get Romanian citizenship and leave the Russian lovers behind.

My preferred solution is Moldova ceding the left bank of the Dniester to Ukraine and then becoming a part of Romania.

My ex grew up there and went to uni there; l asked her about that idea this summer. She said that would get about 2% support across Moldova.  The sense of Moldovan identity was too high even among the majority Romanian/Moldovan ethnic group, and for the Ukrainian and Russian ethnic minorities it was basically a declaration of war.  She said it was like speculating Canada would join the US for protection and about as probable at the moment.  Like, you, I’ve seen the idea mentioned so I asked - and it doesn’t seem likely.

One thing to remember is Moldova was the last soviet commie shit hole to go. They were communist till like 2008 or something. I met Moldovans that literally had thriller posters and cassettes for music then. They are either gypsy, Russian, or Romanian. Crystal meth and crime capital of Europe. They have no military. Ukraine could and should take it and “De mine it” then give it back after Moldova proves its non- orc aligned.

Exchange the 1500 or whatever are left peace keepers for UA. Get old kit win win but no we can’t do that. Too provocative. Got to leave an enemy force in your deep rear. Makes perfect tactical sense, us state dept/politic/mil at its best. Maybe it will change? Crimea was a no go years ago so anything is possible.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Not enough munitions?

If the above is the case, strategically it was a good decision to harass that airfield. Outside of the damages, it increases lead time for detection of bombardment and makes it logistically more difficult and expensive to launch those bombardments (especially in the context of mid-air refuelling requirements).

But, if the capabilities are there, wouldn't a decisive mass strike make more sense? Fear of nuclear escalation? Maybe small attacks draw less ire than one giant one?

If UKR is already hitting assets that RU obviously wants to preserve, and in the context of hitting supply depots and logistics points that are in RU territory, what is the fear of UKR possessing and strategically using long range munitions such as ATACMS.

Obviously UKR is not going to fire them willy nilly into city centres as that is RU playbook, so come on already.

I feel at this point, NATO needs to start equipping UKR with assets that will start to answer some of the stalemates going on. Assets that will crush Wagner at Bakhmut. Give them strike capability into Crimea and beyond. And give them long range anti-air systems that can strike RU long range bombers while they are in flight.

Permit UKR to engage air targets over Belarus while we're at it. Or allow UKR to launch attacks from other territories. Hit the AWACS stuff and start taking the fight to them.

I am of course just arm-chairing here, but the longer this drags out, the more everyone is going to suffer. Mitigating this situation will mitigate a lot of potential global issues.

View Quote

Excellent post. I agree 100%
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

Disclaimer: I'm a lazy bastard and I haven't done any research on this subject.

Question: what's the status of this brigade? Locals can provide them with food and assist with repair and maintenance of some of their gear but they can't get any supplies from the mother ship. Last time I checked, the Moldovan airspace was closed for all Russian flights and the only other way to fly there from Russia is over Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Ukraine REALLY needs to destroy the Russian brigade in Transnistria.  Partner with Moldova to get it done.

Disclaimer: I'm a lazy bastard and I haven't done any research on this subject.

Question: what's the status of this brigade? Locals can provide them with food and assist with repair and maintenance of some of their gear but they can't get any supplies from the mother ship. Last time I checked, the Moldovan airspace was closed for all Russian flights and the only other way to fly there from Russia is over Ukraine.

I have and it’s so doable it’s a cake walk but politics. See my above post.

Oh yeah thanks!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#33]

View All Quotes

Big if true.

No, maximum range for the said missiles is ~ 200 km (120 mi).

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Let's see what nutty America hating stuff Douglas Macgregor pushes on this quitet Boxing day.
It's really a shame and i cant fathom how a former judge would fall for that NONSENSE (don't give em the click)

- US made Russia attack Ukraine.
- Ukraine army is eliminated.
- OMG the Millitairy Industrial Complex is making weapons
- UE Troops revolting, Zeleksky just orders troops to die.
- Russian victory is inevitable, experts like Scott Ritter have said this and is now proven to be correct.
- America is a warmonger and responsible for the suffering in Ukraine.
- Ukrainians in the south are in fact Russians.
- Russia didn't want to invade but just protecting Russians from genocide.  
- Ukrainian forces are strategically irrelevant to the Russians.
- US to station Special Forces in Ukraine under the guise of embassy guards.
- US to mobilze national guard reserves because US is war monger and doesn't want to negotiate.
- US cant conductuct offensive opperations past NATO border becuase just inempt or something.
- Let's negotiate.
- DOD not truthfull about what's on the ground.
- US faces foodshortages, doom gloom ect. because focused Ukiaine .
- Eastern Ukraine will be annexed.
- US is war monger, Taiwan and China really bestest buddies.
- US has lost it's mind and pushing China to inavde Taiwan.
- Almost a majority of Taiwanese are actually pro Beijing.
View Quote

I appreciate you posting those summaries. No way I would watch that shit, but it's good to get a synopsis of what rubbish comes out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk6rTChWQAURs_Z?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I wish they’d give more credit then they do. The semi autonomous groups like the mansour (done cool crap) the Georgians ( also done cool crap) and the Yagers (also) but we rarely here about the real combined efforts because most of the army is really strict on OPSEC as it should be. But we end up really thinking company sized groups are winning battles against brigades. I know guys in that fight right now -1. They need to be given the praise they deserve at some point.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#36]

I wish they’d give more credit then they do. The semi autonomous groups like the mansour (done cool crap) the Georgians ( also done cool crap) and the Yagers (also) but we rarely here about the real combined efforts because most of the army is really strict on OPSEC as it should be. But we end up really thinking company sized groups are winning battles against brigades. I know guys in that fight right now -1. They need to be given the praise they deserve at some point.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk6rTChWQAURs_Z?format=jpg&name=large

I certainly agree with you.  Perhaps in time when things settle down.   It's all the publicly available info to pass on though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Never heard of him but good. Probably under the Tucker network. It would be great if someone had their networks mapped.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

And even if you have enough to make a massed strike, you don't know if you'll be successful or not -- you certainly don't have any track record with 600 km missions using Tupolev drones. If you mass them all and it doesn't work, you're shot. If it doesn't work, you have a correction cycle for the next strike. Decision-wise, the small strike is minimizing your maximum regret (here, an Alpha strike that misses and uses up your capability) which usually isn't a bad way to go about something.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Clayton Morris is a fraud, has got in trouble over tens of millions in real estate scams.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk75Pf0WIAAoiOb?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Probably pulled from all the stolen farm equipment. People wouldn’t believe the level agricultural sophistication in Ukraine. It was on par with Iowa or Kansas. Lots of  tractor outlets for the big guys 100HP on up to the giant suckers. Easy raid
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

What in the Fuck?!
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Big if true.
View Quote

Oh that is excellent if true. Over 10% of their operational Tu-95 fleet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Not enough munitions?

They don’t have mass ability and no one’s giving them long range stuff currently.  They could maybe make 4 a month without serious western help as a guess. Now if we helped them field indigenous stuff it would be a different story. But those factories tend to blow up or are dispersed into areas of fewer attacks but subject to rolling blackouts. I mean they probably lost some capacity.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Time for electrical substations around Moscow to start going 'Boom'.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
I guess after JD remotely disabled all the tractors that were stolen, the orcs started parting them out.
I'm not sure cast iron is going to be very good for armor, though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Let's see what nutty America hating stuff Douglas Macgregor pushes on this quitet Boxing day.
It's really a shame and i cant fathom how a former judge would fall for that NONSENSE (don't give em the click)

- US made Russia attack Ukraine.
- Ukraine army is eliminated.
- OMG the Millitairy Industrial Complex is making weapons
- UE Troops revolting, Zeleksky just orders troops to die.
- Russian victory is inevitable, experts like Scott Ritter have said this and is now proven to be correct.
- America is a warmonger and responsible for the suffering in Ukraine.
- Ukrainians in the south are in fact Russians.
- Russia didn't want to invade but just protecting Russians from genocide.  
- Ukrainian forces are strategically irrelevant to the Russians.
- US to station Special Forces in Ukraine under the guise of embassy guards.
- US to mobilze national guard reserves because US is war monger and doesn't want to negotiate.
- US cant conductuct offensive opperations past NATO border becuase just inempt or something.
- Let's negotiate.
- DOD not truthfull about what's on the ground.
- US faces foodshortages, doom gloom ect. because focused Ukiaine .
- Eastern Ukraine will be annexed.
- US is war monger, Taiwan and China really bestest buddies.
- US has lost it's mind and pushing China to inavde Taiwan.
- Almost a majority of Taiwanese are actually pro Beijing.
View Quote

I've been wondering when we'll start seeing the pro-ccp propaganda emerge.  Not surprised to see it.  Won't be surprised to see it regurgitated here, either.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By vahog:

And even if you have enough to make a massed strike, you don't know if you'll be successful or not -- you certainly don't have any track record with 600 km missions using Tupolev drones. If you mass them all and it doesn't work, you're shot. If it doesn't work, you have a correction cycle for the next strike. Decision-wise, the small strike is minimizing your maximum regret (here, an Alpha strike that misses and uses up your capability) which usually isn't a bad way to go about something.
View Quote

You think it was potentially the storm shadow cruise missile?

They have a range of what 560km? So they could potentially be launching them from closer to the front or maybe pushing them past their on paper range?

Or maybe it is the tupolev drones converted to quasi cruise missiles

Or maybe it’s a domestic project Ukraine is keeping secret and using sparingly in testing
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

“The T-80 Research Group”

Nice.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#49]

👏 merry Christmas. Yeah having comms is #2 after warm clothes and ammo. Can’t help on the ammo/weapons but can everywhere else. They ask my wife or me, I find it, she gets it there. This one’s easy because Motorola is there embedded but units are allocated so many, you loose 6 in a couple weeks you go w/o. That’s not a good recipe in Donbas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By muddcreek:
Just sent over a few dollars for the cause. I was going to send some excess equipment I have but I think you know better than me what's needed.

Merry Christmas.

👏 merry Christmas. Yeah having comms is #2 after warm clothes and ammo. Can’t help on the ammo/weapons but can everywhere else. They ask my wife or me, I find it, she gets it there. This one’s easy because Motorola is there embedded but units are allocated so many, you loose 6 in a couple weeks you go w/o. That’s not a good recipe in Donbas.

Just donated another $100 for the 68 Brigade fund.

Слава Україні
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#50]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/3613A35D-149E-478E-9913-6571EB118FA5_jpe-2648259.JPG

Going to Bhakmut new with toys

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/04D3F319-2F02-47C0-9DAB-5384A4A98E65_jpe-2648261.JPG

After a few weeks in Bhakmut, brigade has lost significant personnel and equipment

A resident of this forum has asked us to help raise money towards getting them some new Motorolas.

Christmas drive for a Commers Cousin in Bhakmut

I’ll let the Arfcommer announce himself, but we talked to his Cousins brigade, and since Bhakmut supplies are #1 right now, let’s go!!! Any residual will go towards another units pickup replacement, unit also in Bhakmut.

Also merry Christmas from industrial OP Bhakmut
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/1DBF4C26-4517-4EBE-851A-253007D31621_jpe-2648271.JPG
View Quote

Bumping, wife said we’re just over 1/2 way on the radios.

And for a salute to the fallen 🫡

Attachment Attached File

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3228 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top