Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3316 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kncook:

Just cut to the chase man.  "The reported numbers from Ukraine of 500-700 Orcs a day killed is propaganda, Russia is winning, Putin is trying to stop the GloboHomo agenda, 50 dead orcs lying dead in an open field of advance in one picture is no human wave attack, WEF, Kluas Schwab, reeeee, etc, etc, etc  

Oh, and fuck Ukraine and Russia .cuz I'm not biased and all."

Now you don't have to post anymore. I got it all out there for you. You're welcome.
View Quote

Bro just send him to ignore list gulag he has already been on mine.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
30 min ago.

View Quote

Probably their own shitty missiles falling out early
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Tacosis:
I've read several times in this thread lately that the Russians are using "human wave" attacks.  Is this really the case?  As in hundreds or thousands of guys mass attacking a position?  I've seen no video other otherwise evidence of this.  Should some slow their roll with this term?
View Quote

I think you are picturing a "human wave attack" from the movie Zulu Dawn or something similar. You will not see 200 guys stacked up shoulder to shoulder attacking across a 100 yard scrimmage line. More like 200 guys rushing across a 1Km from, rushing from shell hole to shell hole, but mostly crawling. What we usually end up seeing in the drone video's is 4-5 guys that make it to a UA position with the ensuing 50M distant shooting and grenade tossing. But it IS the 2023 version of the zerg rush wave attack. Which I think is very similar to a WWI attack but with less men and less discipline.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Hopeful update.

Dnipropetrovsk region, January 14, 16:37

Tvaryuk Russians targeted a residential building in Dnipro. Previously, ten were injured. Two of them are children. Three of the injured are serious. Everyone is in the hospital now. #russiaisaterroriststate

https://t.me/dnipropetrovskaODA/2988
View Quote

I'm just thinking of all the people that were home and are now buried. It isn't extremely cold, but it was sleeting/snowing a bit a couple hours ago. A good day to stay indoors.

This was roughly ~2 miles from here, if what i think is correct. I think i have been in that area. Those buildings look familiar.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:54:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#5]
Konstantine says full mobilization has started quietly, slowly, but deliberately. INSIDE RUSSIA youtube channel.

Putin tried partial mobilization and the result was hundreds of thousands fled the country. The people don't support it, but they are afraid to oppose it.
Russia learned that announcing mobilization was a bad plan.
The next phase of mobilization will be kept secret as much as is possible.
Putin refused to sign a document saying partial mobilization was over, and people did ask why he refused to sign that. He simply refused to answer why he refused to formally end partial mobilization. It never ended.
On nov 25 putin ordered the KGB to make a consolidated national database of who is eligible for mobilization and where they are now. Where they work, live, family. And to calm the general population he said it would not be needed until April. It's almost certainly finished right now.
Naturalized russian citizens who went to russia for work and such from asia mostly have been added to the list of people eligible for mobilization, about 1 million people.
Ukranian intelligence reports russia is now quietly closing  the border. Like tightening a ratchet strap, click by click, groups of people are being added to the list of those who may not leave russia.

Ukraine better have lots of bullets.

MOBILISATION 2023 STARTED | All You Need To Know Explained
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Peengwin:
I wonder about the rail lines, too.

Derail the locomotive, that line is done for a while.

Heavy equipment time, not just a squad of jokers fixing a piece of track.
View Quote

It's really not crippling in an operational or strategic sense. The rail lines can be repaired by a half drunk crew in hours/days and even a derailment shouldn't take more than a week. So the only ways to keep the rail lines down for long periods are sustained attacks or targeting bridges. The sustained attacks don't really make sense to use expensive PGM's (excalibur or GMLRS) against cheap rail lines, which means a dangerous job for partisans.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was on Christmas break, I was able to read 4 out of 5 pages in this thread. Now I'm back to work, it's more like 2 out of 7.

I appreciate all the regular contributors here for keeping things up to date. This thread is a better news source than nearly all the "mainstream media."
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I'm just thinking of all the people that were home and are now buried. It isn't extremely cold, but it was sleeting/snowing a bit a couple hours ago. A good day to stay indoors.

This was roughly ~2 miles from here, if what i think is correct. I think i have been in that area. Those buildings look familiar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hopeful update.

Tvaryuk Russians targeted a residential building in Dnipro. Previously, ten were injured. Two of them are children. Three of the injured are serious. Everyone is in the hospital now. #russiaisaterroriststate

Did you guys get an adequate warning when the missiles were launched?  I'm hoping those in the apartment building went to shelters.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
30 min ago.

Not out of the realm of possibilities.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

slow your roll there Britian, 4 tanks! my gosh lets try and not win the war in day now huh?  I guess its a start.
View Quote

If they could each destroy 500 Russian vehicles...maybe.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#12]
"Possible artillery duel with arrivals in Shebekinsky district", Russian source.

https://t.me/belgorod_informant/2800
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Did you guys get an adequate warning when the missiles were launched?  I'm hoping those in the apartment building went to shelters.
View All Quotes

Hopeful update.

Yes there was the siren. The reality is most people aren't running to a shelter. It becomes normal at some point. I've heard hundreds of explosions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Fuck that sent a chill through me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Yes there was the siren. The reality is most people aren't running to a shelter. It becomes normal at some point. I've heard hundreds of explosions.
View All Quotes

Hopeful update.

Thanks, yeah I can understand why people don't go every time a siren goes off.  You wouldn't expect multi million dollar cruise missiles to hit civilian apartments usually.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#17]
They hit an apartment building here. Fuck this is horrible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1614261817660043273

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/FmcFiXuX0AIsu44_jpeg-2671567.JPG

In the other pics it looks like the whole unit is wiped out. Probably a lot of people at home. Hopefully most were out shopping for the new year.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/FmcHSAcWQAArwKe_jpeg-2671593.JPG
View Quote

That’s horrible
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Target locomotives specifically. Supposedly Russia only has so many and cannot easily replace them.

Actual train tracks can be fixed in a few hours.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#19]

4 Bradley’s lost already today
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote

They will take kiev anytime now
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Thanks, yeah I can understand why people don't go every time a siren goes off.  You wouldn't expect multi million dollar cruise missiles to hit civilian apartments usually.
View Quote
Complacency is normal and something you battle even with a professional military. After the first 100 mortar/rocket attacks we would mosey to the bunkers if it didn't hit close. Other than that time one hit like 300 yards away, no big deal, and the next one landed in my room.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#22]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmbbmQQX0AA05Rg?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

That just sums up the war pretty well..."Russia destroys a Ukrainian maternity hospital while Ukraine destroys a Russian missile complex"..
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

So a little later today we will have a thread about it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Rifled gun, separate 3 piece ammunition
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:
The BBC today says the UK is sending a few Challenger tanks. But they use non standard ammo?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-64274704

Rifled gun, separate 3 piece ammunition

3 pieces?

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Just cut to the chase man.  "The reported numbers from Ukraine of 500-700 Orcs a day killed is propaganda, Russia is winning, Putin is trying to stop the GloboHomo agenda, 50 dead orcs lying dead in an open field of advance in one picture is no human wave attack, WEF, Kluas Schwab, reeeee, etc, etc, etc  

Oh, and fuck Ukraine and Russia .cuz I'm not biased and all."

Now you don't have to post anymore. I got it all out there for you. You're welcome.
View Quote

I don't think this is entirely fair. He could be a troll sure but to be honest I'm not sure I'm totally on board with labeling anything we've seen "human wave attacks" either. Can we call it splitting hairs? Sure, but to me the term has always had a specific meaning - overwhelming defenses with pure massed numbers and closing to close combat - which honestly Russia doesn't have the manpower to use.  

I 100% think Russia places less value on lives than we do, and probably uses troops like the prison battalions to find defenses before sending in the "good" units.

But I wouldn't put myself in the category of a troll or pro-Russian or align myself with a bunch of stupid stuff like you're saying. I would hope that wouldn't mean I'm on the ignore list of a bunch of people here.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I know you're joking but if they somehow did take out a Bradley that "arrived early" you know there would be a million pictures and they'd be displaying it everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

When I was in Al Khobar (Saudi A.) during the air war in '91 we would get a SCUD launch warning and would go to full MOPP-4 and hunker down. After about a week of that, we would ignore everything and run to the roof in PT shorts and watch our Patriots launching and hitting the SCUD's above. We were stupid kids but complacency happens.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

So a little later today we will have a thread about it.
View Quote

They will start popping into the thread talking about how Russia destroyed all the Bradleys (but none have arrived).
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Konstantine says full mobilization has started quietly, slowly, but deliberately. INSIDE RUSSIA youtube channel.

Putin tried partial mobilization and the result was hundreds of thousands fled the country. The people don't support it, but they are afraid to oppose it.
Putin refused to sign a document saying partial mobilization was over, and people did ask why he refused to sign that. He simply refused to answer why he refused to formally end partial mobilization. It never ended.
On nov 25 putin ordered the KGB to make a consolidated national database of who is eligible for mobilization and where they are now. Where they work, live, family. And to calm the general population he said it would not be needed until April. It's almost certainly finished right now.
Naturalized russian citizens who went to russia for work and such from asia mostly have been added to the list of people eligible for mobilization, about 1 million people.
Ukranian intelligence reports russia is now quietly closing  the border. Like tightening a ratchet strap, click by click, groups of people are being added to the list of those who may not leave russia.

View Quote

the KGB was officially dissolved in 1991.
It was later succeeded  the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) and  then the Federal Security Service (FSB). But I get your point. Different names, the same substance.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By coleridge:
Long time thread reader here.... I have a very amateur question.

Do the Ukrainians have a good capability to heavily target the rail lines from Russia into Ukraine? And if they do, how severe would it hamper the Rus?
View Quote

Amateur Answer here; yes they have the ability to target the tracks but they are easily fixed. Russia has Train Troops dedicated to keeping the rail lines running. Russia has shitty or non existent roads so they rely on trains for logistics.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

I know you're joking but if they somehow did take out a Bradley that "arrived early" you know there would be a million pictures and they'd be displaying it everywhere.
View Quote

Just like how a ukrainian  soldier sold a himars for 800k.

Utter horse cock
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

3 pieces?

View Quote

Projectile

Charge

Percussion piece (not sure the exact term)
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:58:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Banditman] [#33]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Amateur Answer here; yes they have the ability to target the tracks but they are easily fixed. Russia has Train Troops dedicated to keeping the rail lines running. Russia has shitty or non existent roads so they rely on trains for logistics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By coleridge:
Long time thread reader here.... I have a very amateur question.

Do the Ukrainians have a good capability to heavily target the rail lines from Russia into Ukraine? And if they do, how severe would it hamper the Rus?

But if they hit a bridge or wreck a train badly it would prevent supplies for a lot longer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Utter horse cock
View Quote

I would give him at least 850K
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JQ66] [#35]

View Quote

Depending on how bad it’s messed up and what/how many resources are put to it, maybe a week based on what we see in the US.
If they can get some rail bridges or trestles even longer.

So ideally they need some follow-up strikes when the RR work parties and cranes and other equipment are out there working on the damaged section

But I think by the looks of most the the attacks on RR lines it’s sapper or saboteur action.
So less likely for follow up.  The work crew are probably reasonably well defended with attached infantry
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

When I was in Al Khobar (Saudi A.) during the air war in '91 we would get a SCUD launch warning and would go to full MOPP-4 and hunker down. After about a week of that, we would ignore everything and run to the roof in PT shorts and watch our Patriots launching and hitting the SCUD's above. We were stupid kids but complacency happens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I completely understand.  Years ago I serviced C-RAM systems and seeing videos like this made me understand, glad they felt safe enough to go out and film the interceptions at least.

C-RAM Shoots Down Incoming Rockets Over Bagram Air Base

Afghanistan/C-RAM engages Taliban 107mm

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#38]
Originally Posted By Riter:
Lara Logan on the Ukraine.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/CyGCMp5VdMjb/
View Quote

When you start off with “the” its an automatic eyebrow raising.

Is this a legitimate war update or some dumbass “conservative” who is now embracing our long
Time socialist adversary?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:23:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#40]

Missiles over Dnipropetrovsk

Air defense was working in Kryvyi Rih
https://t.me/dnepr_operativ

Kryvyi Rih Mayorsays air defense active, missiles still incoming
https://t.me/vilkul/2574
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amGgnM_Il3Y
View Quote

Good info, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#42]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ricko1:What else are you going to call it other than human waves.
View Quote
Human ripples?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By NE223:

In many ways the Swiss are a bigger pain in the ass than the Germans. After this is over it would be great if everyone building weapons figured out a way to do without Swiss systems and or components.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NE223:

Spain wants to transfer Aspide anti-aircraft missile systems to Ukraine, but due to the neutrality of Switzerland, this is difficult to implement, - Blick.

The missiles used in the complex have Swiss-made components, and therefore Switzerland vetoes the supply of Aspide air defense systems to Ukraine.

By the way, our fighters have already been trained in the operation of this complex.

https://t.me/killpukin/13030

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmZDipKXwAIaJs-?format=jpg&name=medium

In many ways the Swiss are a bigger pain in the ass than the Germans. After this is over it would be great if everyone building weapons figured out a way to do without Swiss systems and or components.
My view is they are not at all a pain in the arse.  The Swiss always favored neutrality and has never been a member of NATO. The pain in the arse is NATO countries using Swiss components in their weapons.  All the while knowingly sign the transfer contract that requires them to get Swiss permission to transfer to any other nation. Stupidity, and NATO should have put a stop to this.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#46]
Nighttime drone video of Dnipro apartment building

Dnipro As of 5:50 p.m., 20 people (including 3 children) have been rescued. 5 people died, 27 people were injured (including 6 children) and were hospitalized.

A fire is observed on the level of the second floor on an area of 70 square meters. and 15 cars caught fire. Damaged and surviving parts of the house are being examined.

In total, more than 230 people and 67 units were involved in the works. techniques Psychologists of the State Emergency Service are working at the scene and heating points are being set up. Organized lighting of the work site.

The coordination of search and rescue operations is carried out by the head of the Department of State Emergency Services in the Dnipropetrovsk region, Yu.O. Koretsky, the mayor of the city, Boris Filatov, and the head of the military administration of the Dnipropetrovsk region, Valentin Reznichenko.

https://t.me/tymoshenko_kyrylo

The enemy fired at two DTEK thermal power plants, one of them stopped electricity production. During today's massive shelling, the occupiers attacked two thermal power plants of DTEK Energo, which had already been repeatedly hit by the enemy. Fortunately, no one was injured.

As a result of shelling, the equipment of the TPP was damaged. Immediately after the end of the attack, the energy industry began to promptly eliminate the consequences. This is already the 26th terrorist attack on DTEK energy facilities. We are working on restoring the equipment as soon as possible. Let's hold on 🇺🇦

https://t.me/dtek_ua/180

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bunn19] [#47]

I'm starting to be concerned about the end outcome of this war.  I know the Ukrainians have the tenacity and will to fight, and hopefully the West will keep providing more and more weapons, but I can't help but to think what the outcome will be if Russia sends a million men or more in an overwhelming offensive after they are fully mobilized.  Even if they are poorly equipped, defending against them will be a tough bloody fight.

ETA I originally accidentally clicked on the wrong quote.  My intent was to quote the post about the mobilization in Russia.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Utter horse cock
View Quote

I'll never be able to afford a signmyrocket if that's the price.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:43:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmbHvHOXwAAyLub?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Edit/caveat-
AT points out that this guy is controversial.
It appears he often leans toward pro-Russian or at least seems to support Russian narratives, and more importantly is posting information that pro-Ukrainians consider sensitive.
Treat with caution.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

It's to boost the short range HE power, especially against buildings / trenches. Comments suggest that it has ~3x the effect of a normal RPG frag warhead, which is easy to believe given the size.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
DIY 'Super Frag' RPG warheads made from Fire Extinguishers. Reportedly ~1kg HE + ~1kg frag filler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmCOz_vXkAAQOtw?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10b069v/chechen_from_the_sheikh_mansour_battalion_using/

surely thats not real, they have millions of RPG heads, I dont see them needing to make homemade ones out of garbage..lol

It's to boost the short range HE power, especially against buildings / trenches. Comments suggest that it has ~3x the effect of a normal RPG frag warhead, which is easy to believe given the size.

The Chechians in Ukraine are improvisers. Buy rocket booster, take apart burnt or damaged 152 shells or mines, pack it and send cost? Probably cartoon of smokes for the spg9 boosters. They don’t get the best gear from UA but have a history of improvising since forever.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3316 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top