Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3319 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Um....wow.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

That looks like a stash of ATGM tubes to me.  Anyone?
View Quote

Agree, stack if faggots burning.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
I'm literally a short walk from there. I heard/felt the single solid explosion. An intercept has more of of echoing boom and sounds different. Hard to explain.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

A 14 year old Ukrainian boy tortured by the Russians.

The Original tweet

The auto translated version

Could @Easterner @gentlemanfarmer or anyone else who understands the language translate the captions on the screen? The AI translator is only translating the spoken words.
View Quote

I can’t watch the kid torture stuff got to the hands tied and they 13 of us, Can’t do it
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

What’s sad is they still sell stuff to Russia. Austria and Switzerland, late model sniper rifles and glass are common in Russian SF units. 100,000s of Lowa boots equip Wagner and Khaderovites. Not even made in Austria but that quantity doesn’t get there without someone in the company knowing. Steyr SSG08a1’s? B&T sniper rifles. Khales and Schmidt Bender scopes. A few here or there ok smuggling or something but when you see hundreds or thousands it’s another matter.

Same for Holosun, if it weren’t for holosun 75% of Russians soldiers wouldn’t have red dots on rifles. 75% of the ones seen are Holosun and quiet a few very new ones I might add.

View Quote

Switzerland is not selling ANY military grade arms to ruSSia since February. It's impossible to get the paperwork for it. And I would bet the same goes for Austria.

I know one of the engineers working for Swiss Arms Neuhausen
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#6]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Switzerland is not selling ANY military grade arms to ruSSia since February. It's impossible to get the paperwork for it. And I would bet the same goes for Austria.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What’s sad is they still sell stuff to Russia. Austria and Switzerland, late model sniper rifles and glass are common in Russian SF units. 100,000s of Lowa boots equip Wagner and Khaderovites. Not even made in Austria but that quantity doesn’t get there without someone in the company knowing. Steyr SSG08a1’s? B&T sniper rifles. Khales and Schmidt Bender scopes. A few here or there ok smuggling or something but when you see hundreds or thousands it’s another matter.

Same for Holosun, if it weren’t for holosun 75% of Russians soldiers wouldn’t have red dots on rifles. 75% of the ones seen are Holosun and quiet a few very new ones I might add.

I guess it was ok before feb though? Not talking about SAN
Mostly it’s been sniper rifles anyway not semi/auto rifles.

They also won’t sell to Ukraine since like 2015 but still sold to Russia 2014-2022
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jack67:
This is a rational analysis.  Democracies don’t back out of wars when “all in.”  And the west is all-in on this because it is widely understood to be the right thing to do.  There are nuts, useful idiots, and actual disinformation agents on either end of the spectrum making noise, but that’ always been the case.  The voices are just a little more obvious know because of new media channels.
View Quote

All due respect, the west is not "all-in." Look at the way we've been trickling weapons systems in the smallest possible quantities. 16 HIMARS (and no ATACMs). 50 Bradleys. No tanks, no planes, no helos. Look at the way we quashed sending those Polish MIGs early on. If we were "all-in," we'd have already been training UAF crews on F16s. We'd have already sent a couple hundred Bradleys. We'd have let them have ATACMs. If we were "all-in," Zaluzhny wouldn't have said a couple months ago that they'll make do with whatever they have, even though it's not what they need. Look at the Republican majority in the House (where appropriations start) talking about cutting back, saying we've already sent "enough."

Who's rope-a-doping whom? Are we bleeding out Russia, or is Russia draining the west of so much of their armaments stocks our production capacity is exposed as insufficient to timely replenish them?

The thing about democracy is that the people could change their minds and put a new government in that tires of sending money and/or materiel to Ukraine. This has always been part of Putin's playbook; waiting out western resolve. Once the western weapons & ammo run out, Ukraine is finished, no matter their will. May that never even come close to happening.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

All due respect, the west is not "all-in." Look at the way we've been trickling weapons systems in the smallest possible quantities. 16 HIMARS (and no ATACMs). 50 Bradleys. No tanks, no planes, no helos. Look at the way we quashed sending those Polish MIGs early on. If we were "all-in," we'd have already been training UAF crews on F16s. We'd have already sent a couple hundred Bradleys. We'd have let them have ATACMs. If we were "all-in," Zaluzhny wouldn't have said a couple months ago that they'll make do with whatever they have, even though it's not what they need. Look at the Republican majority in the House (where appropriations start) talking about cutting back, saying we've already sent "enough."

Who's rope-a-doping whom? Are we bleeding out Russia, or is Russia draining the west of so much of their armaments stocks our production capacity is exposed as insufficient to timely replenish them?

The thing about democracy is that the people could change their minds and put a new government in that tires of sending money and/or materiel to Ukraine. This has always been part of Putin's playbook; waiting out western resolve. Once the western weapons & ammo run out, Ukraine is finished, no matter their will. May that never even come close to happening.
View All Quotes
This is a rational analysis.  Democracies don’t back out of wars when “all in.”  And the west is all-in on this because it is widely understood to be the right thing to do.  There are nuts, useful idiots, and actual disinformation agents on either end of the spectrum making noise, but that’ always been the case.  The voices are just a little more obvious know because of new media channels.

I agree and well said but even if western govs stop sending weapons, there are enough trained partisans that holding Ukraine would be impossible. There are millions of Aks and grenades and mines in private hands. It would be an afghan scenario. Ukraine might never recover in this scenario but it would win eventually just millions would die.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Casualties in Dnipro (NSFW):

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/10by4lb/rescuers_continue_to_find_people_in_dnipro_city/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Commander of the Russian bomber regiment that hit Dnipro today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/10bz9at/here_is_the_commander_of_the_52nd_guards_heavy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

This report says Dnipro hit was from a KH-22, which is important because it is not a very precision weapon.  Reports differ on the missile type.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/01/14/7384887/

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmd7R--XgAET6_r?format=jpg&name=medium

Video of the rescue.

View Quote

I move that Putin is drawn and quartered in Maidan. Shoigu and Solovyov can simply hang.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Ok his Soledar map was off a bit. Just saw a few of his that were off in Bhakmut too. Leaned to Russian control makes me think he uses Russian channels for intel. They are far more likely to be full of shit, we have all seen that. I trust you guys though, I don’t have enough time to chase down osint. I just ask friends there, I have to delay my stuff a few days to make sure it doesn’t get someone targeted.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmc4ia5WQAQzprT?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmc4uYaXwAIM_Qw?format=jpg&name=large

Who is def mon his maps always seem Russian optimistic

I've been following him for months and think he's pretty level headed. I don't know about his background other than being retired USN. His info is usually accurate; he doesn't shoot from the hip and does a good job keeping some of the more outlandish claims from other channels in check.

Ok his Soledar map was off a bit. Just saw a few of his that were off in Bhakmut too. Leaned to Russian control makes me think he uses Russian channels for intel. They are far more likely to be full of shit, we have all seen that. I trust you guys though, I don’t have enough time to chase down osint. I just ask friends there, I have to delay my stuff a few days to make sure it doesn’t get someone targeted.

I think this is one of those situations where none of the info being broadcast is very accurate. The Ukrainians aren't saying much and russian claims are optimistic at best. I've just assumed Soledar is contested and any info is old or wrong.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]

They also won’t sell to Ukraine since like 2015 but still sold to Russia 2014-2022
View All Quotes

Because they have a lot of retards thinking you have a civil war in the east since 2014 ( we all know that's not true )
While ruSSia has nothing like that ( nevermind that THEY are the ones being in eastern Ukraine since 2014 )
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I move that Putin is drawn and quartered in Maidan. Shoigu and Solovyov can simply hang.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmd7R--XgAET6_r?format=jpg&name=medium

Video of the rescue.

Nah, you deal with people like Putin like you deal with the lowest of common criminals, by hanging.  Don’t give him a spectacular send-off.
Of course that will never happen to Putin.  But some of the politically expendable actors probably will face justice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

They are and they aren’t.  We’re supplying a lot of arty ammo.  We’re probably supplying far more logistical and repair support than is understood.  Not to mention ISR.
Western support isn’t trivial but still leaves a lot of room to turn the pain up when we decide to.  When we do it will end quickly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Seconded
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Um....wow.

View Quote

Wages of sin paid by 155mm.   I hope God forgives them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Um....wow.

View Quote

That is what I call good ammo management! One shot, ten kills. LOL. Or maybe 15.

The orcs never seem to learn that when under fire it is a good idea to disperse. They always do the exact opposite and cluster together.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Apparently Arestovych claimed at one point that the missile had been intercepted before hitting the building. Dnipro Mayor vigorously disagrees. Now it kinda looks like Arestovych walked it back a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/Arestovych_PNG-2672153.png
https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/325456252_911964636504058_3264300142256880187_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=22OnNj9Oq6AAX9vCFkc&tn=DoRJco4WbQ08CUZ4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCBI3ZL7ZjbW-Eq0Vv_6tTP3SDHPIMfl-vFZB5v8aMBDw&oe=63C8E0A8

From the first day of the war, I said that Arestovich is a narcissistic cattle and a garbage mouth. But in the OP, someone is clearly betting on him. ... Sorry, I could not resist, but the SBU and counterintelligence are obliged to respond.
https://t.me/borys_filatovv/877

View Quote

There's a good chance that's true. Look, Russia is the bad guy, but they're not quite dumb enough to waste their limited inventory of missiles to target some random apartment building. It either was intercepted and landed somewhere it wasn't intended, or it landed where it wasn't intended because it had a crap guidance system. Neither makes it "OK" or somehow acceptable of course.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

I know you're joking but if they somehow did take out a Bradley that "arrived early" you know there would be a million pictures and they'd be displaying it everywhere.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

4 Bradley’s lost already today

I know you're joking but if they somehow did take out a Bradley that "arrived early" you know there would be a million pictures and they'd be displaying it everywhere.

Funny thing is Russia tried to say they had captured a Bradley and when they released the photos. It was a Korean APC from the 1950's. Russia will say anything to get some attention.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Update on the “Russian Immunity Law” which decriminalizes acts committed in Ukraine “if they are in Russian interests.”  The proposed law passed its first reading in the Duma unanimously.  It still has to pass two more readings and be signed by Putin, both of which seem likely.  Unknown what the current progress of the law is.
The law applies specifically to actions prior to September 30, 2022, that is, prior to the “annexation” of Ukrainian territory.  Interesting that they are at least trying to give it a wash of legality (within their definition of “legality”) since such actions before 9/30 would have been, technically, an international matter and not an internal one.  Post 9/30 with the occupied territory becoming “Russian”, the matter becomes a purely internal one (to them) and there will be no need to decriminalize anything.  Could point to Russia setting up legal pretexts for the eventuality they are called to account by the ICC/UN.

Good article with details dated 12/20/22:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/12/20/russia-immunity-law-set-crimes-ukraine

Most recent article I could find dated 12/27/22:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1712780/russia-law-change-rape-torture-ukraine-human-rights-abuses-vladimir-putin

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Um....wow.

View Quote

It's raining men, halleluiah!  

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

That is what I call good ammo management! One shot, ten kills. LOL. Or maybe 15.

The orcs never seem to learn that when under fire it is a good idea to disperse. They always do the exact opposite and cluster together.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Um....wow.

Lot of dudes with zero experience.  You can probably also chalk up weather conditions too.  It might be optimal to spread out, but if you’re freezing to death that might not be so attractive.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]

I agree and well said but even if western govs stop sending weapons, there are enough trained partisans that holding Ukraine would be impossible. There are millions of Aks and grenades and mines in private hands. It would be an afghan scenario. Ukraine might never recover in this scenario but it would win eventually just millions would die.
View Quote

Which is part of my reasoning why Russia stated Feb 2022 goals will never be achieved and therefore Russia can never win by its own stated goals like “denazification” {ludicrous term by the way} and demilitarization of Ukraine so it is no longer a threat to Russia along with other unachievable goals previously stated. But as you described it will prolong fighting and casualties.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Omg, that's horrific.  I am so sorry.
View All Quotes
They hit an apartment building here. Fuck this is horrible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1614261817660043273

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/FmcFiXuX0AIsu44_jpeg-2671567.JPG

In the other pics it looks like the whole unit is wiped out. Probably a lot of people at home. Hopefully most were out shopping for the new year.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/FmcHSAcWQAArwKe_jpeg-2671593.JPG

Apartments in Russia need to start blowing up.   They need harsh lessons.  Mindless killing needs to be reciprocated in this case.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Embargo Russian oil/gas.
Send ATACMs & armor.

Moscow delenda est!
View Quote

I understood that reference.

May Russia be a modern-day Carthage.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Ballistic missile I think is what they are saying.  one hit Kyiv today
View Quote

I believe this is why they want to put Patriot in, it's meant to detect these.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#27]

There's a good chance that's true. Look, Russia is the bad guy, but they're not quite dumb enough to waste their limited inventory of missiles to target some random apartment building. It either was intercepted and landed somewhere it wasn't intended, or it landed where it wasn't intended because it had a crap guidance system. Neither makes it "OK" or somehow acceptable of course.
View All Quotes
Apparently Arestovych claimed at one point that the missile had been intercepted before hitting the building. Dnipro Mayor vigorously disagrees. Now it kinda looks like Arestovych walked it back a bit.

https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/325456252_911964636504058_3264300142256880187_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=22OnNj9Oq6AAX9vCFkc&tn=DoRJco4WbQ08CUZ4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCBI3ZL7ZjbW-Eq0Vv_6tTP3SDHPIMfl-vFZB5v8aMBDw&oe=63C8E0A8

From the first day of the war, I said that Arestovich is a narcissistic cattle and a garbage mouth. But in the OP, someone is clearly betting on him. ... Sorry, I could not resist, but the SBU and counterintelligence are obliged to respond.

Dumb has nothing to to with it. There's a fair chance it didn't hit it's intended target but there's an equally fair chance it did. Russia has engaged in a campaign of terror bombing this entire war whether it's been targeting maternity hospitals, theaters where civilians are sheltering clearly marked visible from the air "KIDS/CHILDREN", or just apartment buildings. I'm sure someone out there has come up with a pretty comprehensive list of "soft" targets Russia has hit the entire war and I'm just as sure it's long enough to be more than completely coincidental.

No different than the V1/V2 bombing in WW2. It's an effort to break the will of the populace to force them to capitulate.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Taboot:
Apartments in Russia need to start blowing up.   They need harsh lessons.  Mindless killing needs to be reciprocated in this case.
View All Quotes

In the other pics it looks like the whole unit is wiped out. Probably a lot of people at home. Hopefully most were out shopping for the new year.

Moscow is within the 1000km range of their new drones.

I want to see Lenin's Tomb in flames.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Deliberately targeting civilians rarely, if ever has the intended effect. Deliberately targeting civilians in Russia will likely galvanize the Russian population into enthusiastically participating in and supporting mobilization, as opposed to the current state of affairs in which most of the Russian public supports the war, but doesn't want to get mobilized and fight in it themselves. It's also important that Ukraine maintains the moral high ground so Western weapons continue to flow into the country.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

It's raining men, halleluiah!  

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#31]
Now up to 14 of the Challies and 30 AS90s.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64274755

WAT

**Okay, let me temper this, this almost certainly speculative bullshit, but a forum can dream.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Dumb has nothing to to with it. There's a fair chance it didn't hit it's intended target but there's an equally fair chance it did. Russia has engaged in a campaign of terror bombing this entire war whether it's been targeting maternity hospitals, theaters where civilians are sheltering clearly marked visible from the air "KIDS/CHILDREN", or just apartment buildings. I'm sure someone out there has come up with a pretty comprehensive list of "soft" targets Russia has hit the entire war and I'm just as sure it's long enough to be more than completely coincidental.

No different than the V1/V2 bombing in WW2. It's an effort to break the will of the populace to force them to capitulate.
View All Quotes

Yeah it's pretty obvious, but here we are laying all the pieces out to get ignored once again.

Always someone ready to offer excuses. It's really pretty fucking tiring at this point.

These fucking animals are launching these missiles, not by accident, but with the intent to fuck shit up in the cities.  It's a god damn residential block. They are saying this is the same type of missile launched into the shopping mall a while back.

Fuck these apologists, excuse offerers, and other useless mouth breathing COC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

Disagree, but I think a hit team smoking a few bomber crews at their favorite after-hours watering hole would be an extremely effective and appropriate response.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Disagree, but I think a hit team smoking a few bomber crews at their favorite after-hours watering hole would be an extremely effective and appropriate response.
View Quote

That's a really good idea.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#35]

WAT

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/89E91510-A4CC-4881-8EF8-B57CB0A3E383-2672348.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, I was laughing at it when I saw that.   Let me just say there is unfortunately no way Ukraine is getting AH-64E Apache gunships.   I'll gladly eat crow though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Yes indeed. Attacking civilians is exactly what Pootie wants. Don't give him what he needs for true support and a reason to do something even more ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I'd like to see the Kremlin burned to the fucking ground.  Hopefully with poopin still at his desk.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#38]

All due respect, the west is not "all-in." Look at the way we've been trickling weapons systems in the smallest possible quantities. ….
View Quote

They may not be providing weapons to your, or my, satisfaction - but politically, they are “all-in.”  There is a difference.   Go through the public support numers, look at the governments official pronouncements/statements.  The west is all-in.

The original “all-in” comment was made very specifically along with Capta’s comments about political support, not the current level of military support (which is rising and appears about to rise quite higher).
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:14:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Yeah, I was laughing at it when I saw that.   Let me just say there is unfortunately no way Ukraine is getting AH-64E Apache gunships.   I'll gladly eat crow though.
View Quote

The crazy thing is that in about 12 hours it went from “maybe ten” to “definitely twelve” to FOURTEEN, AND FUCK IT SOME APACHES!!11!

I think somebody needs to call it a day and hit the pub.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Prime
WAT

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/89E91510-A4CC-4881-8EF8-B57CB0A3E383-2672348.jpg
View Quote
That would be a surprise.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Deliberately targeting civilians rarely, if ever has the intended effect. Deliberately targeting civilians in Russia will likely galvanize the Russian population into enthusiastically participating in and supporting mobilization, as opposed to the current state of affairs in which most of the Russian public supports the war, but doesn't want to get mobilized and fight in it themselves. It's also important that Ukraine maintains the moral high ground so Western weapons continue to flow into the country.
View All Quotes

WWII was probably the last time that was effective.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes indeed. Attacking civilians is exactly what Pootie wants. Don't give him what he needs for true support and a reason to do something even more ridiculous.
View All Quotes

Right, civilians have to stay off the table.

But there’s a broad array of relatively soft targets that can be used to ratchet up the pain.  All oil and gas lines should be targets now; everyone has had time and warning to wean off.  Infrastructure that aids the war effort w/in range of the border is fair game.  I’d hit military targets in the port of Novorossiysk. It would greatly scare off civilian shipping and ratchet up the pressure (keep in mind how crucial that port is to the Russian economy).  Plenty of ways to respond and drive home pain, while being cheered instead of jeered for attacking civilians.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#43]
More shit blowing up and other shit lighting on fire courtesy of AFU.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

I'd like to see the Kremlin burned to the fucking ground.  Hopefully with poopin still at his desk.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By johnh57:

C&C is a legitimate military target.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#45]

WAT

**Okay, let me temper this, this almost certainly speculative bullshit, but a forum can dream.  

View Quote

Oh snap I called it a couple thousand pages back!

Peekaboo orcs!

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#46]
More shit blowing up and other shit lighting on fire courtesy of AFU.

View Quote

airburst or fused to detonate before making contact?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Lenin has probably been in flames for quite a while now, might as well light his tomb up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

View All Quotes

To be honest, I don't know if it was that effective overall in WW2. Years ago, I read some papers on strategic bombing during WW2, and the general consensus (it's been a while) was that while it traumatized those in the immediate vicinity of where bombs hit, it didn't hinder the population's will to fight as a whole. In fact, it most likely hardened it. Another example from WW2 is that the Germans were absolutely ruthless when it came to attempting to suppress partisans, yet they were never able to quell partisans most anywhere they occupied. They viewed brutality as being a force multiplier, when it made things worse in actuality most of the time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#49]

To be honest, I don't know if it was that effective overall in WW2. Years ago, I read some papers on strategic bombing during WW2, and the general consensus (it's been a while) was that while it traumatized those in the immediate vicinity of where bombs hit, it didn't hinder the population's will to fight as a whole. In fact, it most likely hardened it. Another example from WW2 is that the Germans were absolutely ruthless when it came to attempting to suppress partisans, yet they were never able to quell partisans most anywhere they occupied. They viewed brutality as being a force multiplier, when it made things worse in actuality most of the time.
View All Quotes

I disagree, the fire storms in Germany and Japan let the people know all was lost.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

The big example people will point to is the nuclear bombs in Japan.  The problem is looking at those in a vacuum and not the cumulation of the destruction of their shipping (and with it food and other supplies) and being pushed back to the home islands.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3319 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top