Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3318 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:
The BBC today says the UK is sending a few Challenger tanks. But they use non standard ammo?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-64274704
View Quote
They have a 120mm rifled gun, everybody else with 120mm have smoothbores
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Good catch, he sounded familiar so I did a quick scan and saw a bunch of ukraine stuff.
Noted, albeit once again mentally

View Quote

He’s been around since Syria and was pretty useless back then.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:38:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#3]
In Dnipro, locals are helping rescuers to clear the rubble of a nine-story building hit by a Russian rocket. As of 20:00, 35 people were rescued from the rubble. Currently, 64 people are known to be injured, the rescue operation is ongoing, the National Police reported.

Part of the house will need to be dismantled. Mayor Filatov announced this at the scene: "All entrances on the right will have to be dismantled."

According to him, more than 1,100 people lived in the building.

https://t.me/suspilnenews/17606

Watch that second video.

Or for the Telegram squeamish-

Just to put this in perspective, when the Miami Surfside tower collapsed, FEMA put five full USAR Task Forces on alert to go that same night, with about eight other federal agencies providing support. That's not counting all the local and state agencies, and it got way bigger after that.

This is happening with fire, EMS, and apparently volunteers.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Detailed report on the Russian missile attacks.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

Ukraine overall seems to have better information discipline. Since Russia is much noisier both officially and at the meat sack level it’s probably biasing things toward their world view a bit.

Accurately assessing reality through the fog of war from pure osint is like playing Marco Polo.
View Quote

I am always surprised seeing guys posting videos of themselves on the front lines on places like tiktok, Telegram, or Twitter. There's no way I'd post where I'm at or anything that would give any clue where I'm sleeping or something. Sure, both sides in someplace like Soledar know in general the enemy locations, but posting actual emplacement or hideout info seems dumb. People are idiots for likes lol.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Veccio] [#6]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

I'm starting to be concerned about the end outcome of this war.  I know the Ukrainians have the tenacity and will to fight, and hopefully the West will keep providing more and more weapons, but I can't help but to think what the outcome will be if Russia sends a million men or more in an overwhelming offensive after they are fully mobilized.  Even if they are poorly equipped, defending against them will be a tough bloody fight.

ETA I originally accidentally clicked on the wrong quote.  My intent was to quote the post about the mobilization in Russia.

View Quote
That's a pretty normal reaction I think. Ukraine has enough capability to hold what they have now but it appears they need more counterattack and offensive capability if they are to win back the south and east parts of their country. More MBTs with trained crews would help and getting more fighters would be a big boost if they can control more of the air over their ground forces. Ukraine has said this same thing countless times.

ETA-Also keep in mind that as far as the overall war goes, Soledar and Bakhmut aren't really that important and Ukraine is making the right move by not throwing a bunch of their reserve forces into a grinding battle for ground that offers little strategic value. If Ukraine wants to win this thing they need to win back the south by advancing south from the Zap & Pokrovske area and cutting the M14 supply line, and I'm sure Zaluzhnyi and Syrskyi know that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:59:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#7]
"Do the tunnels under Ukraine's Soledar have significant military value?"
View Quote

Do The Tunnels Under Ukraine's Soledar Have Significant Military Value?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
"Russian soldiers seeking to shoot down a drone with a rifle and their SAD ENDING"
Russian soldiers seeking to shoot down a drone with a rifle and their SAD ENDING
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
That's a pretty normal reaction I think. Ukraine has enough capability to hold what they have now but it appears they need more counterattack and offensive capability if they are to win back the south and east parts of their country. More MBTs with trained crews would help and getting more fighters would be a big boost if they can control more of the air over their ground forces. Ukraine has said this same thing countless times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm starting to be concerned about the end outcome of this war.  I know the Ukrainians have the tenacity and will to fight, and hopefully the West will keep providing more and more weapons, but I can't help but to think what the outcome will be if Russia sends a million men or more in an overwhelming offensive after they are fully mobilized.  Even if they are poorly equipped, defending against them will be a tough bloody fight.

ETA I originally accidentally clicked on the wrong quote.  My intent was to quote the post about the mobilization in Russia.

The weather and resulting terrain favors meat tactics. Everyone has been worried about Russia using this period to get its shit together a bit.

Ukraine probably isn’t keen on a counteroffensive that relies on roads. Unless it is a very wide front any good depth will have supporting GLOC’s under enemy fire control. Confinement to roads in deep armored assaults is what cost Russia 3/4’s of the smoothest part of its anus last spring.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

Human ripples?  There, now we can move on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ricko1:
You don't have to send 1000s of guys at a time to have waves of attacks. You send 5 guys they get killed, you send 5 more they get killed, you send 5 more they get killed, over and over and over. What else are you going to call it other than human waves.

How about a micro wave?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Some Ruzzian ordnance fireworks for y'all:
???????? ????????? ??? 72 ???? ????? ?????? ??????????
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Dnipropetrovsk region, January 14, 9:54 p.m.
There are already 9 dead, among them a 15-year-old girl...
And 64 wounded - 59 hospitalized, the rest are being treated at home.
The Russian rocket brought grief to dozens of Dnipro families.
The time of payment will come.
#russiaisaterroriststate

https://t.me/dnipropetrovskaODA

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Please forgive the way I am laying all this out. My seemingly schizophrenic brain appears to be almost overloaded as late. I have followed this thread from the beginning and seem to fall pages behind due to trying to read and watch what is being posted. I want to share some thoughts and ask some questions if that is OK.First, what was the 17th ship Ukraine got and when? I do not remember reading that.
Could Putin be causing the rift between regular army and Wagner to motivate both to fight harder? An angry competition between the two may provide motivation to both to prove their worth. Especially when they both are after the same objective such as Soledor. For months both groups attacked and were repelled by the AUK. What use to be a city of 70k or so. After continued failures they each set their sights  on Soledor, a town of 7k and still took a while to fully take tactical control over. But a "victory none the less, but for who? Wagner? Russian Army and VDV brought in from Kherson? who is to say?
Someone recently mentioned that UKR army has been training on certain weapon systems for some time leading to speculation of  how the systems are delegated to UKR. Logistics play a huge role in this I am sure as well as who the owner of the original system is is(ie: Leopards and Germany. I distinctly remember  a couple of significant things regarding this and have not heard about it since. Poland wanted to give UKR a bunch of MIGs and then be backfilled by the US with F-35's. This was agreed upon so long as it was a third party that gave Polands jets to UKR. Where did that go? I read a few weeks ago about UKR pilots training on F-16;s right here in the US, not just simulators but actual flight time. There were even comments from some engineers about the UKR having a different method of fighting that put to test the Falcons airframe that those engineers never conceived. So are there trained pilots waiting for Falcons? Are they now trining  more pilots in Europe?
All summer long and especially towards the end of summer we saw UKR make advance after advance as the weapons came in. Now, even though the weapons are still arriving and the RusFed is being damaged, there appears to be a standstill. The Rusfed is trying hard to take UKR land but at a high human cost. UKR seems to be doing just enough to hold(except Soledor) and antagonize RusFed to keep attacking. Artillery in Kherson, Full frontal assaults in Kremmina, Svatave and the like. Could Ukraine be using just enough and sitting on stores of equipment for the so called "spring" offensive? When would you guys imagine that could begin?
It seems to me that if things don't pick back up in the next couple of months, we could end up with a situation similar to 2015 after the Crimean annex.
And how long before they take out the newly repaired Kerch spans? It appears they have at least a few long range rockets, drones, or bic lighters left.
One more thing and I will go take another handful of meds the VA says I have to have to live. Looking at those pics of the Moscow S-400's made me wonder what would happen if someone in that high rise in the photo found a couple of Javelins and shot the middle truck? I know, keep dreaming.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

How about if russia sends double the number of meat against bakhmut compared to what they have already sent? If enough russian soldiers are FORCED to attack Ukraine positions, some of those untrained and under equipped russian soldiers are going to get lucky. Ukrainian defenders will eventually get tired. And every time a group of Ukranians use their weapons to wipe out a whole bunch of russian soldiers, the russians use it to direct their artillery. The russian soldiers are bait. I think Ukraine very much needs weapons that can reach back and destroy russian supply lines. Russians would be far less effective if they are starving, freezing, isolated, and out of ammo.
I also suspect russian leadership has figured out that if they give a generic order of "advance", that order can be carried out repeatedly even if lines of communications are cut. One of the Ukrainian soldiers somewhere said the attackers seem to fear the people behind them more than they fear the Ukrainian guns.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Divided up a bit for the more knowledgeable to take whacks at if so inclined.

Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
Please forgive the way I am laying all this out. My seemingly schizophrenic brain appears to be almost overloaded as late. I have followed this thread from the beginning and seem to fall pages behind due to trying to read and watch what is being posted. I want to share some thoughts and ask some questions if that is OK.

First, what was the 17th ship Ukraine got and when? I do not remember reading that. I think this is about that last "boat/ship" on the casualty count? It was literally just a little boat, a little anticlimactic if I'm to be honest

Could Putin be causing the rift between regular army and Wagner to motivate both to fight harder? An angry competition between the two may provide motivation to both to prove their worth. Especially when they both are after the same objective such as Soledor. For months both groups attacked and were repelled by the AUK. What use to be a city of 70k or so. After continued failures they each set their sights  on Soledor, a town of 7k and still took a while to fully take tactical control over. But a "victory none the less, but for who? Wagner? Russian Army and VDV brought in from Kherson? who is to say?

Someone recently mentioned that UKR army has been training on certain weapon systems for some time leading to speculation of  how the systems are delegated to UKR. Logistics play a huge role in this I am sure as well as who the owner of the original system is (ie: Leopards and Germany) I distinctly remember  a couple of significant things regarding this and have not heard about it since. Poland wanted to give UKR a bunch of MIGs and then be backfilled by the US with F-35's. This was agreed upon so long as it was a third party that gave Polands jets to UKR. Where did that go? I read a few weeks ago about UKR pilots training on F-16;s right here in the US, not just simulators but actual flight time. There were even comments from some engineers about the UKR having a different method of fighting that put to test the Falcons airframe that those engineers never conceived. So are there trained pilots waiting for Falcons? Are they now trining  more pilots in Europe?

All summer long and especially towards the end of summer we saw UKR make advance after advance as the weapons came in. Now, even though the weapons are still arriving and the RusFed is being damaged, there appears to be a standstill. The Rusfed is trying hard to take UKR land but at a high human cost. UKR seems to be doing just enough to hold (except Soledor) and antagonize RusFed to keep attacking. Artillery in Kherson, Full frontal assaults in Kremmina, Svatave and the like.

Could Ukraine be using just enough and sitting on stores of equipment for the so called "spring" offensive? When would you guys imagine that could begin? It seems to me that if things don't pick back up in the next couple of months, we could end up with a situation similar to 2015 after the Crimean annex.

And how long before they take out the newly repaired Kerch spans? It appears they have at least a few long range rockets, drones, or bic lighters left.

One more thing and I will go take another handful of meds the VA says I have to have to live. Looking at those pics of the Moscow S-400's made me wonder what would happen if someone in that high rise in the photo found a couple of Javelins and shot the middle truck? I know, keep dreaming.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
This should put the image of the girl in the rubble in better perspective.

I’d like to buy billboards all over Switzerland and put this on them, thank them on behalf of Olaf Scholz for their neutrality.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:39:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Andy2] [#17]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I’d like to buy billboards all over Switzerland and put this on them, thank them on behalf of Olaf Scholz for their neutrality.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/3B9F3615-8A77-447B-BA4C-070E1C414218_jpe-2671979.JPG

View Quote

Gonzalo Lira still thinks they aren't targeting civilians.

Eta: Or, I should say, he still SAYS that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

How about if russia sends double the number of meat against bakhmut compared to what they have already sent? If enough russian soldiers are FORCED to attack Ukraine positions, some of those untrained and under equipped russian soldiers are going to get lucky. Ukrainian defenders will eventually get tired. And every time a group of Ukranians use their weapons to wipe out a whole bunch of russian soldiers, the russians use it to direct their artillery. The russian soldiers are bait. I think Ukraine very much needs weapons that can reach back and destroy russian supply lines. Russians would be far less effective if they are starving, freezing, isolated, and out of ammo.
I also suspect russian leadership has figured out that if they give a generic order of "advance", that order can be carried out repeatedly even if lines of communications are cut. One of the Ukrainian soldiers somewhere said the attackers seem to fear the people behind them more than they fear the Ukrainian guns.
View All Quotes

Ukraine needs to force conditions where meat isn’t as useful. It’s not easy, because offensives are where that advantage can be negated somewhat. It’s just a rough season for successful offensive actions that don’t involve slaughter of attackers.

The low risk/high reward for Ukraine now is to hold, maybe lose a bit, continue working rear areas, while building and training a superior offensive capability for good weather.

Russia will try to do the same, but any heavy force concentrations will be whacked quickly. Looking at the map a spring offensive north or south of bakhmut puts the entire Russian “success” of the last half year there under immediate threat.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/3B9F3615-8A77-447B-BA4C-070E1C414218_jpe-2671979.JPG

View Quote

Shit, she's halfway up that building.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#20]
In Dnipro, locals are helping rescuers to clear the rubble of a nine-story building hit by a Russian rocket. As of 20:00, 35 people were rescued from the rubble. Currently, 64 people are known to be injured, the rescue operation is ongoing, the National Police reported.

Part of the house will need to be dismantled. Mayor Filatov announced this at the scene: "All entrances on the right will have to be dismantled."

Watch that second video.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmdPYUsWQAAVk_F?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmcXUz1XkAMzHeq?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmcXUzyXwAAInrT?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmcogmXXEAAiERy?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmcc0zpXkAQIV5F?format=jpg&name=medium

Just to put this in perspective, when the Miami Surfside tower collapsed, FEMA put five full USAR Task Forces on alert to go that same night, with about eight other federal agencies providing support. That's not counting all the local and state agencies, and it got way bigger after that.

View Quote

Russia deserves to be wiped off the face of this earth for this. But mUh NaZi’s
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#21]

I’d like to buy billboards all over Switzerland and put this on themir left/green idiots who forced a public vote on restricting military hardware sales which make ITAR look like anarchy, thank them on behalf of Olaf Scholz for their neutrality.

View Quote

They got the strict laws they wanted now they want to shit on those laws while they will call those who will give in to their new demans lawless when the war is over.

Fuck the left.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Plank_Spanker:

How about a micro wave?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Plank_Spanker:
Originally Posted By ricko1:
You don't have to send 1000s of guys at a time to have waves of attacks. You send 5 guys they get killed, you send 5 more they get killed, you send 5 more they get killed, over and over and over. What else are you going to call it other than human waves.

How about a micro wave?

Human garden hose attacks.

Waves are wide across the front but thin front to back.  The objective of a human wave attack is to overwhelm the defenses in the short term. More bodies rapidly approaching than defenders have loaded magazines and open crates of mortars to deal with in that moment. I have no doubt the leadership of the orcs would like to use more traditional human wave attacks but that takes a high level of fanaticism on the part of the individual soldiers.  The conscripts being pushed to the front lack that fanaticism.

These human garden hose attacks the Russians are using are seeking the same objective but on a longer time scale. Much narrower but longer strings of bodies trickled forward with the thought of long term overcoming the defenders logistical chain to deliver resupply to the front.

Like filling a hot tub with a garden hose.  It might take all week but eventually it gets full.  It's still a bodies versus bullets strategy the orcs are using but because they have to lie to their conscripts that it's just a recon/probing attack, the human garden hose is the only version they can use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Erno86:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaFIz0wzefc
View Quote

I don't know what kind of drone that is, but it is only flying at ~30 meters or less. The zoom is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been waiting to see this video.
This morning, Russian TG posted a picture of a crater to gloat as the missiles started hitting. It seemed odd that it was edited, because a Ukrainian posting this would just have a dirt hole in the ground. It seemed more likely that it was edited to hide the almost certain fact that there was nothing military or even remotely juicy in the area that was worth a multimillion dollar munition.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/08FF9F87-7F0D-4D37-B612-117EB141A0BC-2671838.jpg

Full video,  
View Quote

That fucking chicken shed had it coming. Nazi chickens! Every last one of them needs to be wiped from the face of the earth. We can't rest until every last Nazi chicken is destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

God damned orcs and god damn isolationist cowards.

You can't be neutral on a moving train.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

By the definition of what a human wave attack is, I would say there have been precisely zero. You are correct. People should slow their roll.

A human wave is a shoulder to shoulder attack...no dispersion between troops...like US Civil War,  20th Century Banzai Charge, Red Army, Maybe Chinese Chicoms although that seems to be a myth.  

Id say the last time anyone thoughtfully came up with the idea of a human wave who was not a brain dead idiot, you are talking Japanese night Banzai attacks, using Shock, running full tilt against 1930s Chinese who had no machine guns and who would run like hell.

A squad of convicts being sent to their deaths to draw fire and enable artillery...well, sucks to be them, but that's not a human wave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_wave_attack
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By Tacosis:
I've read several times in this thread lately that the Russians are using "human wave" attacks.  Is this really the case?  As in hundreds or thousands of guys mass attacking a position?  I've seen no video other otherwise evidence of this.  Should some slow their roll with this term?

By the definition of what a human wave attack is, I would say there have been precisely zero. You are correct. People should slow their roll.

A human wave is a shoulder to shoulder attack...no dispersion between troops...like US Civil War,  20th Century Banzai Charge, Red Army, Maybe Chinese Chicoms although that seems to be a myth.  

Id say the last time anyone thoughtfully came up with the idea of a human wave who was not a brain dead idiot, you are talking Japanese night Banzai attacks, using Shock, running full tilt against 1930s Chinese who had no machine guns and who would run like hell.

A squad of convicts being sent to their deaths to draw fire and enable artillery...well, sucks to be them, but that's not a human wave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_wave_attack

Human wave attacks were used in both the Korean and Vietnam wars, and some were successful.  

Side note: the VC essentially destroyed itself due to the waves it threw against the US during the Tet offensive- and though it was a tactical failure, it essentially led to that dirt bag Walter Kronkite declaring that the war was "unwinnable" for us.  

Russia IS using human wave attacks against Ukraine, though they are- thankfully- gaining minimal tactical gains and probably, ultimately, zero strategic gains (unlike Vietnam).
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Watch that second video.

View Quote

God that fucking sucks. I can't imagine being a first responder and pulling people out of rubble, when a fresh missile could come screaming in at any moment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Conscripted air defense kid stationed in Zaporizhzhia has seven documented kills, six aircraft and one cruise missile. Awarded Hero of Ukraine with some pretty important folks in the room.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/478D9F45-ED8C-4F0B-918F-C541E574D8CD-2671466.jpg

"Zaporozhye avenger": 19-year-old National Guardsman Roman Glomba turned six Russian aircraft into scrap metal

National Guardsman Roman Glomba is from the Ivano-Frankivsk region, and at the age of 19 he is a Hero of Ukraine. Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, the warrior with the call sign "Bandit" has become literally a thunderstorm of the invaders, shooting down a lot of enemy aircraft.

An expert of the Center for Defense Strategies, reserve colonel Viktor Kevlyuk called Roman's story one of the most incredible - he is the first conscript to receive the highest distinction.

“Russian pilots just run away as soon as they find out that a Bandit is on duty in the zone. If our nation has such guardsmen, we will win,” he wrote on Facebook.

Roman Glomba covered the positions of our Defenders from the air attack near the village of Malaya Tokmachka, Zaporozhye region. During his service, he hit seven enemy targets - six aircraft and a cruise missile. For this, in social networks, the fighter was called the "Zaporozhye avenger."

“They began to call me that after I destroyed three planes. In principle, I like it, my comrades do too. But the main thing is that it has results - fewer enemy planes will destroy our cities, and Russian pilots will know that their flight may be the last," Roman wrote on Facebook.

June 20, 2022 Roman Glomba was awarded the title Hero of Ukraine. Prior to this, the National Guardsman was awarded the Order "For Courage" III degree.

#heroes_among_us

View Quote

I'd be interested in exactly which types of aircraft were shot down, but it could be that they are not disclosing specifics due to OPSEC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Something I have been not understanding concerning the refugees. Why haven't these people been put into or offered the chance to manufacture weapons? If I had any authority in the matter I'd be training Ukrainian women, children and the elderly to have a part this fight by producing drones, mortars, rockets and artillery shells. A deal such as 1 out of every 5 shells produced goes twords replenishing NATO stocks seems like a great deal. Also it would give them income and education.
I'm sure the logistics are complex and difficult, but where there's a will there's a way. It would be amazing when Ukrainians go back home after this war and everyone can say "I helped fuck Russias ass bloody to save my country".
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Of course I’m concerned about the continued death and destruction being inflicted on Ukraine, but I’m not very concerned about their final victory.
Yes, Putin can mobilize 1 million men, but it will destroy the Russian economy.  Also understand that Putin’s goal may not be to win the war, but to stay in power.
Even that doesnt buy Russia overwhelming superiority.  Ukraine can field 700,000 plus.  Maybe 1mil if they have to.
Meanwhile, the West can turn up the pain to eleven tomorrow at virtually no cost.  Whether we do so because we’re fed up with Russian atrocities, or because we feel we’ve ground Russia past the point of no return, who knows.  Whenever we decide to do that, no amount of manpower will make a difference for Russia.  if the west was going to chicken out it would’ve already done so.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Be careful with Julian's posts, he has a history despite having a Ukrainian flag in his profile.  He has been wrong so much I have him on ignore for Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmXXt3eXkAcD8fg?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmXQ4i2XoAIcO5Q?format=png&name=small
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmbHvHOXwAAyLub?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmbQtu0XwAErCl_?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmbTfIFWQAEY55s?format=jpg&name=large

Be careful with Julian's posts, he has a history despite having a Ukrainian flag in his profile.  He has been wrong so much I have him on ignore for Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmXXt3eXkAcD8fg?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmXQ4i2XoAIcO5Q?format=png&name=small

The few tweets I’ve seen were very much pro Russian in tone.  It doesn’t mean everything he says is a lie, but I would more or less ignore him as a “single source” commenter.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmWPAf1WIAAM2Ca?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmWPGA1XgAASWln?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Maybe I'm the only one who wants to put razor blades on the ends of drone rotors and use them for flying down trenches.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

I'm confused by these numbers, so someone else look at them

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/14Jan23_PNG-2671772.png

https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua/posts/pfbid02kXFoFrQ4rqhyTWJpzDGWqmakcYY4M3TxaevNeJyvdDGbTnhs2cJYKcDecbN3pC5Nl

Ballistic missile I think is what they are saying.  one hit Kyiv today
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#36]
Apparently Arestovych claimed at one point that the missile had been intercepted before hitting the building. Dnipro Mayor vigorously disagrees. Now it kinda looks like Arestovych walked it back a bit.

From the first day of the war, I said that Arestovich is a narcissistic cattle and a garbage mouth. But in the OP, someone is clearly betting on him. ... Sorry, I could not resist, but the SBU and counterintelligence are obliged to respond.
https://t.me/borys_filatovv/877

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Of course I’m concerned about the continued death and destruction being inflicted on Ukraine, but I’m not very concerned about their final victory.
Yes, Putin can mobilize 1 million men, but it will destroy the Russian economy.  Also understand that Putin’s goal may not be to win the war, but to stay in power.
Even that doesnt buy Russia overwhelming superiority.  Ukraine can field 700,000 plus.  Maybe 1mil if they have to.
Meanwhile, the West can turn up the pain to eleven tomorrow at virtually no cost.  Whether we do so because we’re fed up with Russian atrocities, or because we feel we’ve ground Russia past the point of no return, who knows.  Whenever we decide to do that, no amount of manpower will make a difference for Russia.  if the west was going to chicken out it would’ve already done so.
View Quote

This is a rational analysis.  Democracies don’t back out of wars when “all in.”  And the west is all-in on this because it is widely understood to be the right thing to do.  There are nuts, useful idiots, and actual disinformation agents on either end of the spectrum making noise, but that’ always been the case.  The voices are just a little more obvious know because of new media channels.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#38]

You are absolutely right.
I've pretty much given up on calling them anything other than the KGB and the USSR because that is effectively what they are and besides, there's a bunch of russians who want it to be that.
I was watching one of their state TV shows or whatever it is and they were basically saying that they are soviets if they were born during that time, as opposed to being russians.

I have also seen russian state TV personalities saying that everybody dies, so people should stop being afraid of dying on the front lines. Russian pride, empire, endure, toughness, etc etc etc blah blah blah be proud to die for mother russia. They are getting the people ready. Fuckers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

the KGB was officially dissolved in 1991.
It was later succeeded  the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) and  then the Federal Security Service (FSB). But I get your point. Different names, the same substance.

You are absolutely right.
I've pretty much given up on calling them anything other than the KGB and the USSR because that is effectively what they are and besides, there's a bunch of russians who want it to be that.
I was watching one of their state TV shows or whatever it is and they were basically saying that they are soviets if they were born during that time, as opposed to being russians.

I have also seen russian state TV personalities saying that everybody dies, so people should stop being afraid of dying on the front lines. Russian pride, empire, endure, toughness, etc etc etc blah blah blah be proud to die for mother russia. They are getting the people ready. Fuckers.

In Belorussia they’re still called KGB. Little anecdote. Friends pulled a patch back in early march from a dead dude in a convoy. Gave it his son. Not clear evidence of Belorussian involvement but lots of little anecdotal evidence was floating around. Driver licenses, boots, few mp5s sig 226s etc. most horded for trophies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Perfect soundtrack.

View Quote

I bet that was a hefty casualty count.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:

I've been following him for months and think he's pretty level headed. I don't know about his background other than being retired USN. His info is usually accurate; he doesn't shoot from the hip and does a good job keeping some of the more outlandish claims from other channels in check.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmc4ia5WQAQzprT?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmc4uYaXwAIM_Qw?format=jpg&name=large

Who is def mon his maps always seem Russian optimistic

I've been following him for months and think he's pretty level headed. I don't know about his background other than being retired USN. His info is usually accurate; he doesn't shoot from the hip and does a good job keeping some of the more outlandish claims from other channels in check.

Ok his Soledar map was off a bit. Just saw a few of his that were off in Bhakmut too. Leaned to Russian control makes me think he uses Russian channels for intel. They are far more likely to be full of shit, we have all seen that. I trust you guys though, I don’t have enough time to chase down osint. I just ask friends there, I have to delay my stuff a few days to make sure it doesn’t get someone targeted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
The BBC today says the UK is sending a few Challenger tanks. But they use non standard ammo?

I can see the hesh rounds being great though. Long range lots of bang
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I've been waiting to see this video.
This morning, Russian TG posted a picture of a crater to gloat as the missiles started hitting. It seemed odd that it was edited, because a Ukrainian posting this would just have a dirt hole in the ground. It seemed more likely that it was edited to hide the almost certain fact that there was nothing military or even remotely juicy in the area that was worth a multimillion dollar munition.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/08FF9F87-7F0D-4D37-B612-117EB141A0BC-2671838.jpg

Full video,  
View Quote

LOL.  Dumb fucks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Man that hurt my brain. She's still on the US=Evil and Ukraine Jew-Nazi cabal line  

Also I like the new talking point that has popped up of Ukrainian multi generational guilt for WWII crimes while at the same time (correctly) not acceping that current American have fuck all guilt for slavery.  

Conservatives should win on the merit of their arguments bringing them closer to the truth. Russia compromised conservatives just seem to spew out random stuff without any attention cuase and effect or even affect the actual case at hand.

It's all so sad and tiresome for me but later I'll do a summation of the tardednes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By Riter:
Lara Logan on the Ukraine.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/CyGCMp5VdMjb/

Man that hurt my brain. She's still on the US=Evil and Ukraine Jew-Nazi cabal line  

Also I like the new talking point that has popped up of Ukrainian multi generational guilt for WWII crimes while at the same time (correctly) not acceping that current American have fuck all guilt for slavery.  

Conservatives should win on the merit of their arguments bringing them closer to the truth. Russia compromised conservatives just seem to spew out random stuff without any attention cuase and effect or even affect the actual case at hand.

It's all so sad and tiresome for me but later I'll do a summation of the tardednes

It's pretty well established her cheese done slid off her cracker: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Lara-Logan-world-leaders-dine-on-the-blood-of-children-/5-2595271/

She legitimately seems to be suffering some sort of mental break, probably as a latent result of her traumatic Middle East experience, and really needs to get some help before she goes and swallows a bottle of pills or something.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Watch that second video.

View All Quotes

Watch that second video.

Just remember when you see these pictures, that there are some people in GD who will tell you, with a straight face, there is no moral difference between Russia and the US.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Apparently Arestovych claimed at one point that the missile had been intercepted before hitting the building. Dnipro Mayor vigorously disagrees. Now it kinda looks like Arestovych walked it back a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/Arestovych_PNG-2672153.png
https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/325456252_911964636504058_3264300142256880187_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=22OnNj9Oq6AAX9vCFkc&tn=DoRJco4WbQ08CUZ4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCBI3ZL7ZjbW-Eq0Vv_6tTP3SDHPIMfl-vFZB5v8aMBDw&oe=63C8E0A8

From the first day of the war, I said that Arestovich is a narcissistic cattle and a garbage mouth. But in the OP, someone is clearly betting on him. ... Sorry, I could not resist, but the SBU and counterintelligence are obliged to respond.
https://t.me/borys_filatovv/877

View Quote

I'm literally a short walk from there. I heard/felt the single solid explosion. An intercept has more of of echoing boom and sounds different. Hard to explain.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#46]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Just remember when you see these pictures, that there are some people in GD who will tell you, with a straight face, there is no moral difference between Russia and the US.
View Quote

Video of the rescue.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Erno86:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaFIz0wzefc
View Quote

That looks like a stash of ATGM tubes to me.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

They got the strict laws they wanted now they want to shit on those laws while they will call those who will give in to their new demans lawless when the war is over.

Fuck the left.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:

I’d like to buy billboards all over Switzerland and put this on themir left/green idiots who forced a public vote on restricting military hardware sales which make ITAR look like anarchy, thank them on behalf of Olaf Scholz for their neutrality.

Fuck the left.

What’s sad is they still sell stuff to Russia. Austria and Switzerland, late model sniper rifles and glass are common in Russian SF units. 100,000s of Lowa boots equip Wagner and Khaderovites. Not even made in Austria but that quantity doesn’t get there without someone in the company knowing. Steyr SSG08a1’s? B&T sniper rifles. Khales and Schmidt Bender scopes. A few here or there ok smuggling or something but when you see hundreds or thousands it’s another matter.

Same for Holosun, if it weren’t for holosun 75% of Russians soldiers wouldn’t have red dots on rifles. 75% of the ones seen are Holosun and quiet a few very new ones I might add.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Not a lot of drag though. Unless you’re on the other side of the concrete wall it hits!
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3318 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top